1.57/5
Based on 166 reviews that contain star ratings

Looking for Lawn Equipment and Garden Plants?

Brown, NC

172 WORX Yard Tools Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Although WORX does provide the spools "free", they are anything but free. WORX hammers your rear end for a shipping fee on EACH pack of spools ordered, which is over $8/pack. Even if you order multiple packs in a single order, they still charge that $8+ for EACH pack. ---RIP OFF--- They will not get any more of my cash. Signed, Annoyed Prior Customer.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

The delivery times supplied and updated by FedEx sucks. Ordered trimmer 2.0 WG163.4 and 12 spools of trimmer line in two different orders on Sept.19, shipped on Sept.21. First notification about delivery was to be delivered Sept. 27, then changed to Sept. 28, then to Oct. 2, then to Sept. 29, then to Oct. 1. Kept changing every day or two, shipment showed up on Sept. 29th today. Dropped on my front porch and did not even ring the doorbell or knock before leaving. Luckily I heard the truck pulling away and looked out the door to see the box with the trimmer standing on my porch. This is my third trimmer over many years. Product is good. Online ordering and delivery is terrible. Next time I will buy from a local store that sells Worx products like Home Depot, Walmart, or somebody.

Get expert buying tips about Lawn Equipment and Garden Plants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

Ordered a WORX Powerwasher. Told the Charlotte-based (Rockwell Tools) that I needed it next day because of preparing for a party. Said I had to pay overnight air rates for FedEx. I said ok. 24 hours later I get an email that says the Worx product, only three hours away, will be here Monday, one day after the party. Shipping doesn't work at WORX!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

FOR INDIVIDUALS WHO LIKE TO PURCHASE ANY TOOL FOR THE LONG TERM, I suggest considering alternatives to Worx products because you may not be able to get replacement parts. I purchased a Worx electric mower (WG788) four years ago. I recently found out that Worx no longer makes the battery for this unit. I will have a useless mower when the present battery (the third one) fails, which will probably be in a few months. To me, this shows a complete disregard for their customers and I will never consider a Worx product again.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I have many (>10) WORX Tools. The tools themselves are pretty good. The WORX Website is a worthless waste of time. DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THE WEBSITE!!! EVERY TIME that I have ordered from the Website, I have applied for the 10% discount coupon... It doesn’t exist! Also, read ALL the fine print of every special offer. ORDER THESE PRODUCTS FROM EBAY, HOME DEPOT... ANYWHERE BUT THE COMPANY WEBSITE!!! If I could give them ZERO Stars, I would!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WORX Yard Tools?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

Was shocked to see so many negative reviews. Bought weed trimmer 3 yrs. ago and have given it very heavy use for all 3 yrs. No problems. Still no problems with the original battery. Bought jaw saw 2 yrs. ago. Used heavily. No complaints. Batteries fine. Bought blower one year ago. No complaints, battery fine. I'm 71 yrs. old woman and these light-weight, cordless tools allow me to do so many things on my large property I would otherwise not be able to do. True, they don't have quite the power of corded or gas tools, but they still get the job done. I have found maintenance to be easy also.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I ordered the Worx Hydro Shot on Amazon and it arrived without the male quick disconnect so I contacted Worx for replacement part instead of returning the item. Worx customer service offered to replace the part at no cost but it was back ordered for 6 weeks, that was 8 weeks ago, I contacted them to let them know it has been 8 weeks now and received a reply it could be 3-6 weeks longer... No more Worx products for me.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Over the last year, I have purchased and used four WORX 56 volt cordless tools. I have a leaf blower, a string trimmer, a 24" hedge trimmer and a 19" cut lawnmower. I cannot comment on the lawnmower because I have not used it yet. It just arrived last week, and it has been raining and the lawn is too wet to attempt to cut. The blower, trimmer and hedge trimmer are great! They work well at the jobs they are designed to accomplish. All my experiences with WORX equipment has been terrific, with no problems. I have never had shipping problems, or problems contacting WORX, ever. They are responsive and polite, and the equipment I have purchased is first class.

Original review: July 9, 2018

I ordered a trimmer online along with a five pack of twine. The website had a coupon for 10% off and free delivery. I was surprised to find out that the twine was excluded from the free shipping and cost $9 to ship. I tried to cancel within ten minutes of placing the order and was told that it already shipped. Hard to believe especially since it was a Sunday. I called first thing Monday morning and was told that FedEx had it so now I have to wait until I get it and have to call them back to get a return label. They can’t issue one until it is received. This is the worst company that I have ever dealt with and I have over forty years in retail. I would warn anyone who is thinking of buying anything from them DON’T do it.

Original review: June 18, 2018

First, thank you to the other people who posted reviews. Like others mentioned long waits on the phone. I had this happen to me today. I was trying to purchase wheel barrel and could not check out as online was not working. Online chat is not working either. Too many red flags. Thanks to others who took the time to post complaints. The products looked nice and innovative, BUT oh no. What a disappointment!

Original review: June 16, 2018

Worx 19" Cordless Mower, 36V Lead Acid, 12hr Charger, 2-in-1, - Have used this mower for 2 seasons. This would have been its 3rd season. NOT. Battery bogs down and can't mow the lawn and the grass isn't that tall. Called today and was told mower warranted for 3 years, but the battery is only warranted for 1 year, but they would sell me another. The cost $145.00. Why would I spend $145 for a battery every 2 years??? Going back to gas engine parts are much cheaper. They don't make this mower any more, so what would happen if the mower died. Looking more like a scam for more money to me.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Worx may have a contact number, but they don't answer the calls. I tried numerous time just to find out if they will have the 40V hedge trimmer back in stock soon. They has been out of stock for a long time. But their phone system will put you on hold forever. While I am typing this, I am actually put on hold by their phone system again. I want to see how long I will actually put on hold. So far, it has been 24 minutes. So, if you plan on using their tools and want to call them for any support, please make sure you have plenty of time to be put on hold, and fully charged battery if you are using your cell phone. Good Luck.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I recently purchased a so-called "improved" bag for my WORX Trivac... It was billed as being 'Stronger seams.' I received it and indeed it does look stronger; also, connector from bag to vac is indeed improved and better. BUT, THE SHOULDER STRAP IS MUCH SHORTER ON THIS NEW BAG... Fully extended, the old one was about 74 inches and now the new replacement is only 53 inches and you cannot remove it to check the length.

I am 6'2" tall, and vac tube barely reaches my ankles... To get a wider "vac area," I must either slip bag off shoulder or stoop a bit. Customer service quickly offered a replacement bag, saying perhaps one I received was "defective..." New one has same length strap. I have old bags with split seams at connection tube, and will cut an old strap and piece-in an extension for the new strap, but sure doesn't impress me for WORX to decrease strap length so much. I don't think I'll buy another replacement bag from Worx anytime soon.

Original review: May 27, 2018

I purchased the 40V Hydroshot Portable Power Cleaner with two batteries and finally had a chance to use it. First it would not aspirate water out of a bucket so I hooked up the hose to it. The unit sprayed with the same power using the hose or pressing the trigger. It is useless. I will put it in my junk museum.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Worx weedeater and edger - There is a problem with the weed eater string. It breaks very easy. They say free string for life BUT!!! It cost $8.25 in shipping for each package. Then when you use them you use all 6 spools to get your yard completed "and I don't have a large yard". Save your money and buy a different string trimmer. I wish I could get my money back but it's too late.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I purchased the trimmer and the blower - two separate products that run on lithium battery pack. The trimmer works great and the battery last quite a bit. The blower though works for about 5 minutes and then drains the battery. Very frustrating. Now the charger doesn't work so I have two dead batteries and no way of recharging them. I have contacted the company and they said someone would get back to me in 72 hours!! Really? In this day and age 3 days to respond. It has now been day 4 and not a word. Although I get their emails trying to get me to buy more of their products every day. Like I said their trimmer is great, I also purchased two of their electric blower/vacs (one for me and one for my son) and they also work extremely well, it is just their battery operated blower that is awful and the fact that the charger died in less than 18 months that has me very frustrated.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Over the past 3 years I have purchased 8 Worx batteries for my trimmer. Each have worked, on average, 1-4 uses. I have contacted Worx who claims I am "probably charging incorrectly." I am an intelligent professional who can read quite well so I am positive that is not the issue. I even went so far as to buy a new charger from them which didn't change the life of the batteries. I absolutely love the trimmer, but it's simply not worth the price or frustration of the $50 batteries having an hour life. This sure feels like a scam by Worx...

Original review: March 23, 2018

I purchased (4) of these WORX 20 V Switch Driver 2-In-1 back in 2015. (1) for myself and (3) as Christmas gifts. I have had to replace (3) of them because the gears stripped out in the rotating head. I have replace my drill twice. I had to paid $20.00 for first drill but the second drill shipping was picked by WORX. The customer support from WORX has been excellent. I received all the replacement drills in 5-7 days. My only concern is WORX has a design issue with the gears. If they haven't already redesigned they need to do so. The Drill is a very handy tool, I would buy again hoping they fix the gears.

I purchased the Trimmer & Blower together in July of 2016. I have had no issues with either tool in the two seasons I have used them. They have worked flawlessly. No issues with battery charge life. The trimmer is so light wight, yet very strong in trimming tough weeds. The blower also is well worth the purchase. The life time of free spools for the trimmer is exactly what Worx advertises. They charged me $8.62 for shipping and nothing more. I received (6) spools. I recommend buying these to anyone. A very satisfied customer.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

Bought trimmer/edger and blower combo. Batteries only work for 5 minutes in blower. Very dissatisfied. Called Worx customer service just to be informed that's about the runtime for battery pack for blower running on high. Returned back to Lowe's immediately for a refund. Don't waste your time and money buying this in my opinion "junk".

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Hydro shot - Defective, waiting 6 weeks to get a return label, wonder how long before I get a refund if I ever get them to do what they were going to do 6 weeks ago, sure did take the money when they knew it didn't work.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Recently purchased an "improved" bag for WORX Trivac... ''Stronger seams." Received it and indeed looks stronger; also, connector from bag to vac is indeed improved and better. BUT, shoulder strap is now much shorter... Fully extended, was approx 74 inches and now approx 53 inches. I'm about 6' tall, and vac tube barely reaches ground within a foot radius of my feet... To get a wider "vac area," I must either slip bag off shoulder or stoop a bit. Customer service quickly offered a replacement bag, saying perhaps one I received was "defective..." New one has same length strap. I have old bags with split seams at connection tube, and will cut an old strap and piece-in an extension for the new strap, but sure doesn't impress me for WORX to decrease strap length so much.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I recently read a review where the customer stated it cost $86.00 for new replacement spools to be shipped. It is $8.60. I am a 65 yr old grandma and I love my trimmer. Lightweight and very easy to use. I really don't understand why anyone would give this product a bad review.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

False advertisement of "free" replacement cartridges for life, but what they don't tell you they charge $86+ for shipping! So if you buy one cartridge at $6.99, it will cost you $86 to get it shipped. What a scam. The trimmer/weed eater works great, but the spools do not last long and that's where they get you and now I'm stuck with a combo pack and will not pay $86+ for shipping of replacement spools.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

After purchasing the Hydro Shot and using it for the first time, I first charged both batteries overnight. Then on the following day decided to wash my jeep. After use it seem to work fine, now it doesn't want to draw water through the hose! I checked for battery strength and instead of three green lights I have two. Still it should be sufficient. Then I checked for obstruction. None, but when I blow into the hose it seems that very little air passes through it. I checked the gun and it just barely puffs air. Now I'm left with a wet jeep and I have to wash it by hand! No big deal, but when a company advertises a product as being great then it should be great!!!

Original review: July 19, 2017

Recently order a sprayer, went thru the hassle with rep. Was charged for the product even when canceling my order. Cannot get back with customer service as no one answers all auto answering. This is a SCAM operation. E-mailed with no reply. I'm out $80 bucks and have no product!!! Remember the saying "buyer beware". This is nothing But a SCAM. They tell you at the end of auto call "and good luck."

Original review: July 7, 2017

Do not trust the return process at WORX. It has been 2 months since my battery was returned to the WORX warehouse and they still have not credited my account for the purchase. I refused the order with Federal Express and made the mistake of not using a return label. Despite repeated calls to customer service, they claim they cannot verify the return. DO NOT TRUST THESE PEOPLE!!!

Original review: July 6, 2017

I charged and used the battery once and it would not recharge, I have called twice and left my number to return my call as they asked and I have not gotten any response. I have emailed twice. I have chatted with Pamela and although I answered the questions she asked, She kept asking the same questions. I'm sure she is laughing because we mysteriously became discounted. If the company cannot be reached, they should not be allowed to sell items.

Original review: July 4, 2017

I just received the Hydroshot, got it set up per instructions -- got 5 gal bucket of water and tried it out. It sprayed a beautiful pattern then cut off. Sprayed again, cut off and again - read the trouble guide but only says if cuts off completely not what mine is doing. Called two days to get simple answer on problem, waited 1 hour 1 day and 1 hour another day never did get a call back or person on the phone. Do you have customer service???? I Think Not - You can order product and it is fast -- Wow Got My Money but you do not have service after the SALE.

1 hour is not acceptable and still did not get anyone. Have HydroShot. How do I get an answer. You say you value our time but do not respond. I spent 35 years in retail -- most important was customer service and how you treat people. You need to think about service. I won't buy any other product from you or tell any other person about you. Can you not afford enough people to make a better company for simple things such as service backbone of business. A product that I can't get to work because of your inability to give an answer. Send me authorization to send it back -- can't get it to work. Shame on You. Take the money and run.

Original review: July 2, 2017

WORX Pressure Washer - Recommendation: DO NOT BUY the pressure of this unit at 320psi is ridiculous and cannot clean anything. This is a total waste of time and money. A garden hose has more pressure than this unit. Could not clean the mold built up on my aluminum row boat. Please do not fall for the TV commercial like I did.

Original review: June 26, 2017

Just bought these products (blower and trimmer), after 10 minutes of use batteries go dead. Called manufacturer just to be put on hold for over a half hour. Hung up, boxing items back up and returning them.

WORX Yard Tools Company Information