WORX Yard Tools

Brown, NC

Compare Lawn & Garden

Research top Lawn & Garden recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

False advertisement of "free" replacement cartridges for life, but what they don't tell you they charge $86+ for shipping! So if you buy one cartridge at $6.99, it will cost you $86 to get it shipped. What a scam. The trimmer/weed eater works great, but the spools do not last long and that's where they get you and now I'm stuck with a combo pack and will not pay $86+ for shipping of replacement spools.

After purchasing the Hydro Shot and using it for the first time, I first charged both batteries overnight. Then on the following day decided to wash my jeep. After use it seem to work fine, now it doesn't want to draw water through the hose! I checked for battery strength and instead of three green lights I have two. Still it should be sufficient. Then I checked for obstruction. None, but when I blow into the hose it seems that very little air passes through it. I checked the gun and it just barely puffs air. Now I'm left with a wet jeep and I have to wash it by hand! No big deal, but when a company advertises a product as being great then it should be great!!!

Recently order a sprayer, went thru the hassle with rep. Was charged for the product even when canceling my order. Cannot get back with customer service as no one answers all auto answering. This is a SCAM operation. E-mailed with no reply. I'm out $80 bucks and have no product!!! Remember the saying "buyer beware". This is nothing But a SCAM. They tell you at the end of auto call "and good luck."

Do not trust the return process at WORX. It has been 2 months since my battery was returned to the WORX warehouse and they still have not credited my account for the purchase. I refused the order with Federal Express and made the mistake of not using a return label. Despite repeated calls to customer service, they claim they cannot verify the return. DO NOT TRUST THESE PEOPLE!!!

I charged and used the battery once and it would not recharge, I have called twice and left my number to return my call as they asked and I have not gotten any response. I have emailed twice. I have chatted with Pamela and although I answered the questions she asked, She kept asking the same questions. I'm sure she is laughing because we mysteriously became discounted. If the company cannot be reached, they should not be allowed to sell items.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WORX Yard Tools?

I just received the Hydroshot, got it set up per instructions -- got 5 gal bucket of water and tried it out. It sprayed a beautiful pattern then cut off. Sprayed again, cut off and again - read the trouble guide but only says if cuts off completely not what mine is doing. Called two days to get simple answer on problem, waited 1 hour 1 day and 1 hour another day never did get a call back or person on the phone. Do you have customer service???? I Think Not - You can order product and it is fast -- Wow Got My Money but you do not have service after the SALE.

1 hour is not acceptable and still did not get anyone. Have HydroShot. How do I get an answer. You say you value our time but do not respond. I spent 35 years in retail -- most important was customer service and how you treat people. You need to think about service. I won't buy any other product from you or tell any other person about you. Can you not afford enough people to make a better company for simple things such as service backbone of business. A product that I can't get to work because of your inability to give an answer. Send me authorization to send it back -- can't get it to work. Shame on You. Take the money and run.

WORX Pressure Washer - Recommendation: DO NOT BUY the pressure of this unit at 320psi is ridiculous and cannot clean anything. This is a total waste of time and money. A garden hose has more pressure than this unit. Could not clean the mold built up on my aluminum row boat. Please do not fall for the TV commercial like I did.

Just bought these products (blower and trimmer), after 10 minutes of use batteries go dead. Called manufacturer just to be put on hold for over a half hour. Hung up, boxing items back up and returning them.

I ordered the WA3526 Battery Pack replacement for my weed trimmer. Well, several weeks later, I still haven't received my merchandise! I paid $79.99 with my Visa card. I tried contacting them via email, phone and chat. I was finally able to communicate with a human being at WORX through their chat line. Almost a month later, they are going to send the product. I asked them to please ship it out quickly but it's still going to take a few business days to leave their plant and another 5 business days to get to me. In other words, due to my inconvenience, they were not able to expedite my order in any way.

I'm planning an event in my home and need my lawn to look good! I still don't have the product and have to take their word for it that it will ship? Who knows if I'll get it? It's a very specialized part that I can't buy at Sears or any other place so I'm stuck doing business with these people. IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING BUYING FROM WORX... DON'T! They don't put enough people on the lines to answer their phones if there is a problem and they don't care about helping their customers. I'm angry and frustrated, and thinking about cancelling but I need that replacement battery because the old one runs out so quickly and I haven't had the WORX weed trimmer that long. It was an expensive item. All I can say is NEVER AGAIN WILL I BUY FROM WORX.

I ordered a Hydroshot from Worx Tools with the accessory kit. They said they shipped it two times and I did not receive it. I talked to a customer service agent and he said only did it not ship but it showed did not order it. I have proof I ordered it. This is how they treat SENIOR CITIZENS? I would not order from them if I was a senior. They treat you like crap and LIE TO YOU.

I ordered the aerocart for a Fathers Day gift for my husband on 6/13 at 9 a.m. and received an email with tracking a few hours later. The email said "label created", ship date 6/14, arrive date 6/16. I checked the tracking all day in 6/14 and it never moved. I called and was assured by a cs rep that it did ship and FedEx had not updated their tracking info, which has NEVER been my experience. On Friday morning at 6 am, I called FedEx and was told this tracking number was invalid, there was another number but, he couldn't provide it for security reasons. At 9 am, I called Worx and was told by a cs rep there were "many" orders that shipped with already used tracking numbers but assured me the order had shipped. I asked to speak with a supervisor, who made the same statement.

I reiterated what Fedex said, asked him to call them and he refused, however, he was more than ready to send a shipping label to me when I told him wanted a refund if it didn't arrive by Saturday. I called Fedex again and spoke to a supervisor who looked up my address and gave me the only tracking number currently shipping to my home. It turned out to be a 15# package my daughter sent from Walmart for Father's Day. At 330 pm, I spoke to supervisor Eric at Worx who agreed to sent out another aerocart, overnight, at their expense. Shame in me for believing this. I had already made a call to my bank to rescind the payment Friday afternoon but told them to hold the refund until I received shipping confirmation. I will never waste my time with Worx again!

I would NOT recommend this item to anyone. Spend the money & buy either Ridgid which is great but a little more money, but they offer a LARGE array of different tools for the same battery used. Or Ryobi for a little less money, but still also offer a large array of tools & great performance & great warranty. They offer the same tools, but they have BY FAR A way better warranty & guarantee their product far better.

The batteries & charger for the unit I have from WORX, (the unit came with 1 Switchdriver (20v), 2 batteries, & 1 plug in the wall charger). I only used the unit a few times for normal easy/light duty use. The batteries don't hold a charge anymore, & the markings that let you know what colors of the LED lighting is for charging & which ones are for bad battery literally are backwards on the charger. The batteries have and bad smell. I called WORX to have them honor their warranty as I'm in the 12mo period, (its only been 6 mos FYI).

After being on hold for over an hour yes GOD honest truth, I opted into the call back as I was over waiting on hold. 20 minutes after that I finally received my call from a lady from WORX who was short, rude, & was as if she was reading from a manual on how to proceed. After she finally came to the conclusion in which I was telling her from the beginning she said they would send me out 2 new batteries, & a new charger.

Here is where it gets worse. She said there was a charge for shipping on the items. I asked her, “Why should I be charged when it’s your bad, your item's that are defective, & I believe you're responsible.” She argued with me with an attitude & stated it had been 6 months, I replied, “I don't care if it was 9 months. Your warranty clearly states that defective batteries & parts are covered for 12months no question.” Then she has the audacity to state that there is tax on shipping. I could of sworn tax was on sales, NOT shipping! Over all I'm writing to those in question regarding this company whether or not to trust & purchase from them. DON'T, save yourself the hassle, & any issues. Just buy either Ridgid or Ryobi. I have both, & they ARE BY far great regarding performance & if any issue should arise, HOME DEPOT is AWESOME in handling any return/exchange of any issues.

I purchased the Worx blower off TV. I failed to check the reviews before ordering. If I had, I would not have made this purchase. They advertise as if it is so much better than any other blower. Trust me. Go to Home Depot or Lowe's and get the $40 blower and save yourself $100. I can't speak for the other tools, but trust the reviews... because I totally wasted hard-earned money. It has a very weak air flow... and I upgraded for a sum of money for a better battery. I can't imagine the flow of air if I had not upgraded. Trust me on this. A blower should not be this pricey to Worx!! Lesson learned. Trust the Reviews.

I bought the wheel barrow for myself at Christmas. I recommend it to everyone. I bought it because I live to do things outside. However my back is destroyed from picking up heavy thing since I was 9. I'm a 52 year old woman. I have had two cervical neck fusions. The wheelbarrow feels as if there is nothing in it. It does EXACTLY as promised. I have read the review for the weed eaters. I would not EXPECT any weed eater that was battery operated to hold up no matter who makes them. They take a lot of punishment. Think about a regular weed eater and how much they punish just your body. Seriously. I plan to buy the newly advertised Ai drill. I have worn out several cordless drills already. So I can't see if this one last longer and does what it says I have absolutely nothing to lose. Because once you wear out a battery on them you can purchase a new drill for almost the same price.

I purchased a Worx battery trimmer and the battery would not charge after 11 months. The battery has a one year warranty. Worx sent me a new battery after much discussion. The new battery lasted less than 11 months and would not charge. Contacted Worx and they told me the replacement battery was guaranteed for only 1 month. They advertise "All new batteries are guaranteed for ONE YEAR". Not true!! They will gladly sell you a new battery for $80 which may last one season. They also advertise "free spools for life". FREE suddenly cost you almost $9. WORX batteries fail and spools are not FREE! Do not fall for Worx false advertising! Do not purchased a WORX product that is battery operated!!

I purchased a Worx 40V Edger Trimmer in March. It is the best edger I have ever used. The plastic tabs that hold the front wire guide on broke when I tried to move the handle up. I contacted customer service and asked if a new part could be sent to repair the unit. Instead they sent me a whole new unit covering all shipping both directions for the old unit. Best product I have ever owned and used, looking at purchasing a Worx battery powered lawn mower also. Excellent customer service, I would recommend Worx to anyone.

I first order a weed eater. It took 8 days to deliver it. It comes from Charlotte, NC and we live on the north east side of NC just 400 miles apart, but it took 8 days for it to arrive. We turned around and ordered the hedge trimmer on 5/2/17 and it still hasn't arrived yet. The weed eater so far (used only 2 times) worked great, but the service is not what it needs to be. It shouldn't take more than 8 days to ship something 400 miles. I will NOT buy from this company again. Fool me once shame you. Fool me twice shame on me.

I purchased the Worx blower vac you see advertised on TV as it looked or at least appeared to be what I wanted such as not needing to disconnect to use the vac system for sucking up leaves and grass, etc. Biggest mistake I ever made. It is a piece of crap that really is not as good as shown on TV. The FCC needs to go after this company for false advertisement. Do not buy it.

I bought a line trimmer from WORX and the guard fell off the first time I used it. I tried to put it back on but it fell off again. Took it back to the hardware shop and the guy there put it back on but it fell off again so I left it off. The cord only fed out really short so I had to keep manually pulling it out by taking the spool out and feeding it out. The grass and dirt stuck on the head and blocked air getting to the motor and the motor overheated and burnt out. I used it periodically for a month and definitely not when the grass was wet. I took it back and the rep said that I had abused it and they wouldn't repair or replace it. This line trimmer has a lot of design faults, doesn't feed out, the guard falls off and the air inlet for the motor is not protected and blocks the air intake and the service and warranty is non existent. He took my receipt and warranty so I do not have any paperwork for proof of purchase.

I got the 2 in 1 drill a few months ago. It worked fine for the few months until it quit. I filed a warranty claim with WORX. After they made me pay the shipping cost to replace my bad one (under a year old). The customer service told me it would take a couple to a few weeks to receive my replacement. When I did receive the replacement I got a drill that looked like it had been through hell and back. It looks like it was dragged though the mud and dropped off a roof 10 times or so and also left out in the rain. Where the drill bits lock in it is all rusty. So far I'm waiting on another replacement (wondering the condition that it is going to be in. Probably I will have to assemble it from scratch).

This is from WORX. "Thank you for your email. I apologize for the inconvenience. We are one of few companies to replace the unit, most will have the unit sent in for repair. We do not repair our tools, so it is replaced under warranty. I apologize if you are not satisfied with our warranty policy. Should you need any other assistance or have additional questions, please do not hesitate to email us directly anytime or contact our customer service department at ** Friday 9 AM to 6 PM EST." I have attached photos to show the first replacement they have sent me.

I bought this combi drill (WU370) just over 3 years ago. I know it is out of guarantee. I paid 238 pound for this product so expected it to be a good purchase. The drill ceased to function due to needing new brushes in the motor. I have found out that it is unrepairable due to the fact that these brushes or a new motor cannot be purchased at all. I contacted WORX customer service only to be told... "sorry sir, your drill cannot be fixed!!!" I found them most unhelpful and would advise anyone thinking of buying a WORX product to think again!!!

Ordered leaf shredder Nov 21, 2016. Next day account status said shipped 11/21/2016. By 11/25/2016 I hadn't received a tracking number so I emailed asking about shipment and they wrote back on 11/27/2016 saying it had shipped USPS. Today, 12/5/2016 I called their support number and checked the status and the automated service said it was being "prepared" to ship in the next 24-48 hours. They are dishonest about shipping status and say shipped just to prevent you from canceling the order.

On Nov. 24th 2016 I ordered a wheelbarrow online at their site as they had free shipping and the best price. I proceeded through the checkout and paid with Paypal. A few days later I started a chat with them to get an idea when it was shipping. I was informed it would be 2-4 weeks. As this was a gift I was kind of annoyed. When I chatted with them I said that nowhere in the checkout process did it mention the product was on back order and also they debited my paypal account almost instantly. I told them I still wanted the product as it was a good price but that they should have let people know it was back ordered. As a side note they extended the sale a few days more.

This is a scam! When you order online it says free shipping but charges $47 for shipping! The website also added an extra blower I didn't order. Customer service was no help at all. What was $75 turned into $212! Don't buy from them.

We purchased the cordless lawn mower which seemed to work great (at first). By the end of summer the battery was already needing to be charged before we were done our lawn, at first we were able to finish the entire yard. I had called WORX and spoke to the customer service whom told me the battery could be defective. I need a new battery but they were out of stock. I did find 2 batteries in stock at Canadian Tire so purchased both. Same thing, worked great at first then needed to be charged ASAP. Customer service did nothing. This summer purchased a new gas mower from TORO, called customer service and all they can do for me is if I purchase yet another battery they will send me a new charger free of charge.

Really, all they can do is tell me to purchase another battery, what about the 3 I have sitting here? Terrible customer service. Will not purchase another WORX tool as long as I live! Terrible service! Then when I say I'm going to write a review, all she says is "OK". Really, I hope you go out of business with all the ** you people sell!

Worx leaf blower vacuum model WG510 - Very unsafe, if the collection bag falls off I am subjected to the moving metal impeller of the motor. The motor makes a very high pitched noise under a load of sucking in a load of leafs. If the wind is blowing I am subject to breathing the airborne ground up leaf debris being discharged out of the vent screen of the bag. The amps the motor draws causes the extension cord to get hot and a burning smell is created. The electric terminals on the blower get discolored and melted the extension cord connection. The commercials are very misleading as to the products capability. I purchased the WORX WG510 with the extended warranty from Amazon and will be contacting them to return this and cancelling the extended warranty. I am very disappointed with this product.

All good below. The bad is the "free" spools. Really? I restring my own. They cost $60 for 6 for shipping. I buy some much cheaper for a friend on Amazon. Worx shouldn't overcharge on shipping calling the spools "free." 18V Trimmer: A bit underpowered for all but light trimming but no issues with quality. Battery life wasn't that good. 20V Trimmer WG155: I've been using this for about 2 years and it works great. The only issue I have is that the protective cover doesn't stay on good. It's very easy to control and has plenty of power. 40V Hedge Trimmer: Awesome in every way. I've used as a homeowner heavily about 2 years and it outperforms my old gas one. 40V Trimmer: It's very powerful as a long grass/weed cutter. I prefer the 32V for detail edging as it's easier to handle.

I first bought the trimmer edger and liked it so much I got the blower and mower. I have a very small area so the relief of not having to deal with a gas mower and problem blowers and plug in edgers was a great thing. I have them for a year with no problems cause I can finish quick before the batteries need charging. I whip out my blower constantly to fast clean my patio or steps, it's so easy! I understand problems associated with larger areas and these tools are not for that, but if you're like me these are great little time savers!

This Worx Trimmer "Dynasore" was used lightly for one season and the motor has burnt out and seized up! The ball bearings all fell out and the batteries suck too! Purchased this from Worx through Amazon. I don't blame Amazon... I blame Worx for selling JUNK... and I blame myself for being dumb enough to purchase it. BEWARE OF EVIL WORX!!

I love the ease of starting the weed eater, but the battery life didn't last long, before it started going dead in just a few short minutes. A neighbor has the WORX weed eater as well, she bought two batteries that are both used to trim a small yard. About the string. I bought a heavier string, that I wind around the original spools that came with the WORX. There is no comparison between the two. The heavier is so superior. After getting the hang of my WORX weed eater, it does trim the lawn edges very well, and can get under my deck. The batteries are so short lived, the company ought to replace them at cost. They are really poor quality.

I wouldn't recommend this for a farm, but for a small yard, it sure is easier than pulling a string, and the versatility is really nice, it just light duty equipment, and if you take care of it, it will get the job done easier. Have another neighbor with two weed eaters. He has to pull and pull to start either one. And I can remember those days, which were necessary for heavy duty farm work, but if I didn't have the WORX, I'd still go electric so I wouldn't have to tug on a rope. Tired of that crap, but count on buying another battery which will be from 35-45 dollars.

WORX Yard Tools Company Profile