1.55/5
Based on 157 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for Lawn Equipment and Garden Plants?

Brown, NC

163 WORX Yard Tools Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 18, 2018

First, thank you to the other people who posted reviews. Like others mentioned long waits on the phone. I had this happen to me today. I was trying to purchase wheel barrel and could not check out as online was not working. Online chat is not working either. Too many red flags. Thanks to others who took the time to post complaints. The products looked nice and innovative, BUT oh no. What a disappointment!

Original review: June 16, 2018

Worx 19" Cordless Mower, 36V Lead Acid, 12hr Charger, 2-in-1, - Have used this mower for 2 seasons. This would have been its 3rd season. NOT. Battery bogs down and can't mow the lawn and the grass isn't that tall. Called today and was told mower warranted for 3 years, but the battery is only warranted for 1 year, but they would sell me another. The cost $145.00. Why would I spend $145 for a battery every 2 years??? Going back to gas engine parts are much cheaper. They don't make this mower any more, so what would happen if the mower died. Looking more like a scam for more money to me.

Get expert buying tips about Lawn Equipment and Garden Plants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Worx may have a contact number, but they don't answer the calls. I tried numerous time just to find out if they will have the 40V hedge trimmer back in stock soon. They has been out of stock for a long time. But their phone system will put you on hold forever. While I am typing this, I am actually put on hold by their phone system again. I want to see how long I will actually put on hold. So far, it has been 24 minutes. So, if you plan on using their tools and want to call them for any support, please make sure you have plenty of time to be put on hold, and fully charged battery if you are using your cell phone. Good Luck.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I recently purchased a so-called "improved" bag for my WORX Trivac... It was billed as being 'Stronger seams.' I received it and indeed it does look stronger; also, connector from bag to vac is indeed improved and better. BUT, THE SHOULDER STRAP IS MUCH SHORTER ON THIS NEW BAG... Fully extended, the old one was about 74 inches and now the new replacement is only 53 inches and you cannot remove it to check the length.

I am 6'2" tall, and vac tube barely reaches my ankles... To get a wider "vac area," I must either slip bag off shoulder or stoop a bit. Customer service quickly offered a replacement bag, saying perhaps one I received was "defective..." New one has same length strap. I have old bags with split seams at connection tube, and will cut an old strap and piece-in an extension for the new strap, but sure doesn't impress me for WORX to decrease strap length so much. I don't think I'll buy another replacement bag from Worx anytime soon.

Original review: May 27, 2018

I purchased the 40V Hydroshot Portable Power Cleaner with two batteries and finally had a chance to use it. First it would not aspirate water out of a bucket so I hooked up the hose to it. The unit sprayed with the same power using the hose or pressing the trigger. It is useless. I will put it in my junk museum.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WORX Yard Tools?

Original review: May 22, 2018

Worx weedeater and edger - There is a problem with the weed eater string. It breaks very easy. They say free string for life BUT!!! It cost $8.25 in shipping for each package. Then when you use them you use all 6 spools to get your yard completed "and I don't have a large yard". Save your money and buy a different string trimmer. I wish I could get my money back but it's too late.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I purchased the trimmer and the blower - two separate products that run on lithium battery pack. The trimmer works great and the battery last quite a bit. The blower though works for about 5 minutes and then drains the battery. Very frustrating. Now the charger doesn't work so I have two dead batteries and no way of recharging them. I have contacted the company and they said someone would get back to me in 72 hours!! Really? In this day and age 3 days to respond. It has now been day 4 and not a word. Although I get their emails trying to get me to buy more of their products every day. Like I said their trimmer is great, I also purchased two of their electric blower/vacs (one for me and one for my son) and they also work extremely well, it is just their battery operated blower that is awful and the fact that the charger died in less than 18 months that has me very frustrated.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Over the past 3 years I have purchased 8 Worx batteries for my trimmer. Each have worked, on average, 1-4 uses. I have contacted Worx who claims I am "probably charging incorrectly." I am an intelligent professional who can read quite well so I am positive that is not the issue. I even went so far as to buy a new charger from them which didn't change the life of the batteries. I absolutely love the trimmer, but it's simply not worth the price or frustration of the $50 batteries having an hour life. This sure feels like a scam by Worx...

Original review: March 23, 2018

I purchased (4) of these WORX 20 V Switch Driver 2-In-1 back in 2015. (1) for myself and (3) as Christmas gifts. I have had to replace (3) of them because the gears stripped out in the rotating head. I have replace my drill twice. I had to paid $20.00 for first drill but the second drill shipping was picked by WORX. The customer support from WORX has been excellent. I received all the replacement drills in 5-7 days. My only concern is WORX has a design issue with the gears. If they haven't already redesigned they need to do so. The Drill is a very handy tool, I would buy again hoping they fix the gears.

I purchased the Trimmer & Blower together in July of 2016. I have had no issues with either tool in the two seasons I have used them. They have worked flawlessly. No issues with battery charge life. The trimmer is so light wight, yet very strong in trimming tough weeds. The blower also is well worth the purchase. The life time of free spools for the trimmer is exactly what Worx advertises. They charged me $8.62 for shipping and nothing more. I received (6) spools. I recommend buying these to anyone. A very satisfied customer.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

Bought trimmer/edger and blower combo. Batteries only work for 5 minutes in blower. Very dissatisfied. Called Worx customer service just to be informed that's about the runtime for battery pack for blower running on high. Returned back to Lowe's immediately for a refund. Don't waste your time and money buying this in my opinion "junk".

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Hydro shot - Defective, waiting 6 weeks to get a return label, wonder how long before I get a refund if I ever get them to do what they were going to do 6 weeks ago, sure did take the money when they knew it didn't work.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Recently purchased an "improved" bag for WORX Trivac... ''Stronger seams." Received it and indeed looks stronger; also, connector from bag to vac is indeed improved and better. BUT, shoulder strap is now much shorter... Fully extended, was approx 74 inches and now approx 53 inches. I'm about 6' tall, and vac tube barely reaches ground within a foot radius of my feet... To get a wider "vac area," I must either slip bag off shoulder or stoop a bit. Customer service quickly offered a replacement bag, saying perhaps one I received was "defective..." New one has same length strap. I have old bags with split seams at connection tube, and will cut an old strap and piece-in an extension for the new strap, but sure doesn't impress me for WORX to decrease strap length so much.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I recently read a review where the customer stated it cost $86.00 for new replacement spools to be shipped. It is $8.60. I am a 65 yr old grandma and I love my trimmer. Lightweight and very easy to use. I really don't understand why anyone would give this product a bad review.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

False advertisement of "free" replacement cartridges for life, but what they don't tell you they charge $86+ for shipping! So if you buy one cartridge at $6.99, it will cost you $86 to get it shipped. What a scam. The trimmer/weed eater works great, but the spools do not last long and that's where they get you and now I'm stuck with a combo pack and will not pay $86+ for shipping of replacement spools.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

After purchasing the Hydro Shot and using it for the first time, I first charged both batteries overnight. Then on the following day decided to wash my jeep. After use it seem to work fine, now it doesn't want to draw water through the hose! I checked for battery strength and instead of three green lights I have two. Still it should be sufficient. Then I checked for obstruction. None, but when I blow into the hose it seems that very little air passes through it. I checked the gun and it just barely puffs air. Now I'm left with a wet jeep and I have to wash it by hand! No big deal, but when a company advertises a product as being great then it should be great!!!

Original review: July 19, 2017

Recently order a sprayer, went thru the hassle with rep. Was charged for the product even when canceling my order. Cannot get back with customer service as no one answers all auto answering. This is a SCAM operation. E-mailed with no reply. I'm out $80 bucks and have no product!!! Remember the saying "buyer beware". This is nothing But a SCAM. They tell you at the end of auto call "and good luck."

Original review: July 7, 2017

Do not trust the return process at WORX. It has been 2 months since my battery was returned to the WORX warehouse and they still have not credited my account for the purchase. I refused the order with Federal Express and made the mistake of not using a return label. Despite repeated calls to customer service, they claim they cannot verify the return. DO NOT TRUST THESE PEOPLE!!!

Original review: July 6, 2017

I charged and used the battery once and it would not recharge, I have called twice and left my number to return my call as they asked and I have not gotten any response. I have emailed twice. I have chatted with Pamela and although I answered the questions she asked, She kept asking the same questions. I'm sure she is laughing because we mysteriously became discounted. If the company cannot be reached, they should not be allowed to sell items.

Original review: July 4, 2017

I just received the Hydroshot, got it set up per instructions -- got 5 gal bucket of water and tried it out. It sprayed a beautiful pattern then cut off. Sprayed again, cut off and again - read the trouble guide but only says if cuts off completely not what mine is doing. Called two days to get simple answer on problem, waited 1 hour 1 day and 1 hour another day never did get a call back or person on the phone. Do you have customer service???? I Think Not - You can order product and it is fast -- Wow Got My Money but you do not have service after the SALE.

1 hour is not acceptable and still did not get anyone. Have HydroShot. How do I get an answer. You say you value our time but do not respond. I spent 35 years in retail -- most important was customer service and how you treat people. You need to think about service. I won't buy any other product from you or tell any other person about you. Can you not afford enough people to make a better company for simple things such as service backbone of business. A product that I can't get to work because of your inability to give an answer. Send me authorization to send it back -- can't get it to work. Shame on You. Take the money and run.

Original review: July 2, 2017

WORX Pressure Washer - Recommendation: DO NOT BUY the pressure of this unit at 320psi is ridiculous and cannot clean anything. This is a total waste of time and money. A garden hose has more pressure than this unit. Could not clean the mold built up on my aluminum row boat. Please do not fall for the TV commercial like I did.

Original review: June 26, 2017

Just bought these products (blower and trimmer), after 10 minutes of use batteries go dead. Called manufacturer just to be put on hold for over a half hour. Hung up, boxing items back up and returning them.

Original review: June 23, 2017

I ordered the WA3526 Battery Pack replacement for my weed trimmer. Well, several weeks later, I still haven't received my merchandise! I paid $79.99 with my Visa card. I tried contacting them via email, phone and chat. I was finally able to communicate with a human being at WORX through their chat line. Almost a month later, they are going to send the product. I asked them to please ship it out quickly but it's still going to take a few business days to leave their plant and another 5 business days to get to me. In other words, due to my inconvenience, they were not able to expedite my order in any way.

I'm planning an event in my home and need my lawn to look good! I still don't have the product and have to take their word for it that it will ship? Who knows if I'll get it? It's a very specialized part that I can't buy at Sears or any other place so I'm stuck doing business with these people. IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING BUYING FROM WORX... DON'T! They don't put enough people on the lines to answer their phones if there is a problem and they don't care about helping their customers. I'm angry and frustrated, and thinking about cancelling but I need that replacement battery because the old one runs out so quickly and I haven't had the WORX weed trimmer that long. It was an expensive item. All I can say is NEVER AGAIN WILL I BUY FROM WORX.

Original review: June 23, 2017

I ordered a Hydroshot from Worx Tools with the accessory kit. They said they shipped it two times and I did not receive it. I talked to a customer service agent and he said only did it not ship but it showed did not order it. I have proof I ordered it. This is how they treat SENIOR CITIZENS? I would not order from them if I was a senior. They treat you like crap and LIE TO YOU.

Original review: June 17, 2017

I ordered the aerocart for a Fathers Day gift for my husband on 6/13 at 9 a.m. and received an email with tracking a few hours later. The email said "label created", ship date 6/14, arrive date 6/16. I checked the tracking all day in 6/14 and it never moved. I called and was assured by a cs rep that it did ship and FedEx had not updated their tracking info, which has NEVER been my experience. On Friday morning at 6 am, I called FedEx and was told this tracking number was invalid, there was another number but, he couldn't provide it for security reasons. At 9 am, I called Worx and was told by a cs rep there were "many" orders that shipped with already used tracking numbers but assured me the order had shipped. I asked to speak with a supervisor, who made the same statement.

I reiterated what Fedex said, asked him to call them and he refused, however, he was more than ready to send a shipping label to me when I told him wanted a refund if it didn't arrive by Saturday. I called Fedex again and spoke to a supervisor who looked up my address and gave me the only tracking number currently shipping to my home. It turned out to be a 15# package my daughter sent from Walmart for Father's Day. At 330 pm, I spoke to supervisor Eric at Worx who agreed to sent out another aerocart, overnight, at their expense. Shame in me for believing this. I had already made a call to my bank to rescind the payment Friday afternoon but told them to hold the refund until I received shipping confirmation. I will never waste my time with Worx again!

Original review: June 14, 2017

I would NOT recommend this item to anyone. Spend the money & buy either Ridgid which is great but a little more money, but they offer a LARGE array of different tools for the same battery used. Or Ryobi for a little less money, but still also offer a large array of tools & great performance & great warranty. They offer the same tools, but they have BY FAR A way better warranty & guarantee their product far better.

The batteries & charger for the unit I have from WORX, (the unit came with 1 Switchdriver (20v), 2 batteries, & 1 plug in the wall charger). I only used the unit a few times for normal easy/light duty use. The batteries don't hold a charge anymore, & the markings that let you know what colors of the LED lighting is for charging & which ones are for bad battery literally are backwards on the charger. The batteries have and bad smell. I called WORX to have them honor their warranty as I'm in the 12mo period, (its only been 6 mos FYI).

After being on hold for over an hour yes GOD honest truth, I opted into the call back as I was over waiting on hold. 20 minutes after that I finally received my call from a lady from WORX who was short, rude, & was as if she was reading from a manual on how to proceed. After she finally came to the conclusion in which I was telling her from the beginning she said they would send me out 2 new batteries, & a new charger.

Here is where it gets worse. She said there was a charge for shipping on the items. I asked her, “Why should I be charged when it’s your bad, your item's that are defective, & I believe you're responsible.” She argued with me with an attitude & stated it had been 6 months, I replied, “I don't care if it was 9 months. Your warranty clearly states that defective batteries & parts are covered for 12months no question.” Then she has the audacity to state that there is tax on shipping. I could of sworn tax was on sales, NOT shipping! Over all I'm writing to those in question regarding this company whether or not to trust & purchase from them. DON'T, save yourself the hassle, & any issues. Just buy either Ridgid or Ryobi. I have both, & they ARE BY far great regarding performance & if any issue should arise, HOME DEPOT is AWESOME in handling any return/exchange of any issues.

Original review: June 11, 2017

I purchased the Worx blower off TV. I failed to check the reviews before ordering. If I had, I would not have made this purchase. They advertise as if it is so much better than any other blower. Trust me. Go to Home Depot or Lowe's and get the $40 blower and save yourself $100. I can't speak for the other tools, but trust the reviews... because I totally wasted hard-earned money. It has a very weak air flow... and I upgraded for a sum of money for a better battery. I can't imagine the flow of air if I had not upgraded. Trust me on this. A blower should not be this pricey to Worx!! Lesson learned. Trust the Reviews.

Original review: June 2, 2017

I bought the wheel barrow for myself at Christmas. I recommend it to everyone. I bought it because I live to do things outside. However my back is destroyed from picking up heavy thing since I was 9. I'm a 52 year old woman. I have had two cervical neck fusions. The wheelbarrow feels as if there is nothing in it. It does EXACTLY as promised. I have read the review for the weed eaters. I would not EXPECT any weed eater that was battery operated to hold up no matter who makes them. They take a lot of punishment. Think about a regular weed eater and how much they punish just your body. Seriously. I plan to buy the newly advertised Ai drill. I have worn out several cordless drills already. So I can't see if this one last longer and does what it says I have absolutely nothing to lose. Because once you wear out a battery on them you can purchase a new drill for almost the same price.

Original review: May 24, 2017

I purchased a Worx battery trimmer and the battery would not charge after 11 months. The battery has a one year warranty. Worx sent me a new battery after much discussion. The new battery lasted less than 11 months and would not charge. Contacted Worx and they told me the replacement battery was guaranteed for only 1 month. They advertise "All new batteries are guaranteed for ONE YEAR". Not true!! They will gladly sell you a new battery for $80 which may last one season. They also advertise "free spools for life". FREE suddenly cost you almost $9. WORX batteries fail and spools are not FREE! Do not fall for Worx false advertising! Do not purchased a WORX product that is battery operated!!

Original review: May 19, 2017

I purchased a Worx 40V Edger Trimmer in March. It is the best edger I have ever used. The plastic tabs that hold the front wire guide on broke when I tried to move the handle up. I contacted customer service and asked if a new part could be sent to repair the unit. Instead they sent me a whole new unit covering all shipping both directions for the old unit. Best product I have ever owned and used, looking at purchasing a Worx battery powered lawn mower also. Excellent customer service, I would recommend Worx to anyone.

Original review: May 10, 2017

I first order a weed eater. It took 8 days to deliver it. It comes from Charlotte, NC and we live on the north east side of NC just 400 miles apart, but it took 8 days for it to arrive. We turned around and ordered the hedge trimmer on 5/2/17 and it still hasn't arrived yet. The weed eater so far (used only 2 times) worked great, but the service is not what it needs to be. It shouldn't take more than 8 days to ship something 400 miles. I will NOT buy from this company again. Fool me once shame you. Fool me twice shame on me.

WORX Yard Tools Company Information