Wolf Cooking Appliances

Wolf Cooking Appliances

3.1/5 (372 ratings)

About Wolf Cooking Appliances

Wolf Cooking Appliances Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wolf Cooking Appliances?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wolf?

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

During a kitchen remodel I replaced all my 20-year old Kitchen-Aid appliances (which were all trouble free) with all Wolf and Sub-Zero. I was repeatedly told by sales that spending the extra money would be worth the quality. The gas cooktop did not work right out of the box (professionally installed)--so that speaks to quality right there. Rather than being able to take it back for a working model, I had to sit and wait for a repair service---on a brand new appliance!

I have both the steam oven and the wall oven as well. Both have repeatedly given me issues and regularly do not work, triggering me to call (and pay for) appliance repair. And of course, the repairs are not cheap. I have tried to talk to Wolf politely about my lack of satisfaction with quality, but they really seem not to care. The technical desk will just tell you to call the Wolf certified repair service (the repair service in turn calls the technical desk every time they come). If these were cheaper appliances from a big box store I might just chalk this up to a bad experience. But, these are far from cheap and the fact that I have significant issues with all of them is problematic.

Original review: July 7, 2022

I have the following S030-2U/S wall oven MWC24 convection microwave and a 36" induction cooktop. They were purchased in 2010. The Oven's first repair in less than a year Dec 6, 2010 with an MDL circuit board failure. This happened again in Dec 13, 2011 a year later with a MDL failure so they replace the latch as well. These were still under Warranty. Since then I have had no less than 6 MDL failures at around $390 for repair and the microwave has the cheapest four $6 microswitches that they charge $45 each for. The microwave failure happened every year for the last five years averaging $346 a repair. Today the microwave had the same door switch failure and I am calling an appliance company that does not peddle this overpriced junk.

I am a professional baker and foodie and these have to be the worst appliances I have ever owned. I am having propane installed and pulling the induction for a gas cooktop and buying a name brand over for about a 1/4 the cost. I figure I can throw them away myself and buy new when they go bad. I would never pay $5300 for a wall oven, $1500 for a microwave, and over $3000 for the cooktop which goes into demo mode if someone leans on it wrong. You have to reset the breaker according to the dealer. I made the error of a designer that worked for an appliance company when I remodeled. I should have put a 40" Viking or ILVE range in with a Bosch or Viking convection microwave. I would have saved in the long run. So no I would never recommend buying garbage from Wolf/KitchenAid. GE, Whirlpool, LG have them beat in my book.

Get buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 18, 2022

We purchased the Wolf 30 E-Series Transitional Speed Oven and the first time we used it as a convection oven the glass in the door exploded all over our kitchen. Wolf is well aware of this problem as it’s shown under their “common” issues on their website. Customer service rep I spoke with said that she’s only heard of it happening 5 or 6 times over the six years she’s been there, so obviously this is acceptable to Wolf. I was standing 3 ft. in front of it when it happened, but luckily had my back turned or I would have been digging glass out of my face rather than my hair. Wolf said they would replace it with the same product - period. No way am I taking the chance again and having it blow up in my grandson’s face.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2022

The technician says that the dramatically uneven browning is related to the design of the flue and cannot be rectified. Wolf’s technical service manager says the temperature variations are “within their tolerance levels” and that these ovens are “far better roasters than bakers”. (I have owned numerous run-of-the-mill gas ovens and have never had this problem.) The interior is only 24” wide and the rack glides protrude another inch on each side. My old roasting pan barely fits. Absurdly, you get 3 racks with your oven. I don’t know how you could use more than one.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2022

Not a fan of Wolf. We have a 7 year old 30in induction cooktop. A couple weeks back it suddenly stopped in the middle of cooking spaghetti noodles. A fuse associated with a generator blew. Wolf said they can no longer replace that part, and the entire unit must be replaced. They did not offer any loyalty enticement such as even a modest 10% off for purchase of a new appliance. Based on this experience of weak longevity/durability of the components and inconsiderate customer service, I will not buy another Wolf nor recommend the brand.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

We have a 36" Wolf gas Range (stove and oven) stand alone unit. We use the cooktop every day but use the oven about twice/week. The range is beautiful with the red knobs and the company smartly recessed the knobs beneath the front edge so that when grease spatters, it doesn't also spray on the knobs so less cleaning required of the knobs. We ordered this brand due to its reputation, looks and availability during the pandemic- just a 4-6 week lead time. The range is not cheap but if you love to cook, it's worth it. I mean, you use it every day and will for years. We can see why so many love it. The best part is that the burners each have a separate simmer range from high to low which really does work! And there is one small burner for using smaller pans.

We have found when recipes call for a slow simmer, you can see slow bubbles simmering versus high, faster bubbles. This is something that a can't be done on low heat. We don't tend to use the oven as much but have tested the temperature and it is working fine. As a gas range, it does not have a self-cleaning oven but we chose gas to sear food better. The side rails come out easily and the cavity is smooth when we do need to clean the oven. The quoted delivery from our local store was spot on during this crazy pandemic, and we are in a smaller California town. It's a US based company which is great to support as well.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

Unacceptable customer service: one of my burners stopped working and I have now been waiting for over a year for a replacement. I have called so many times, first they blamed Brexit (part stuck in USA, I even offered to bring it myself from there), and now one year later the service manager told me that the company that makes one of the components has gone into liquidation. Not only this is concerning regarding their supply chain (supposed to be too range, price included!) but also how is this a valid excuse a year later? The service manager pretended to be surprised “How come you have not been contacted about this? I will sort it out TOMORROW”, weeks later still no news, another empty call right now. Please stay away from this company if you live in the UK - and Wolf/Subzero please get involved!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2022

4 year old e series oven…. Ran perfectly well till a week ago when the relay card and wiring harness stopped working. Replaced relay card twice, appears that it caught fire during this process and melted the wiring harness connectors and the card. Certified repair contractor was excellent. Oven still non-functional and Wolf cust service seems defensive rather than helpful. They need to consider the user more.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

We purchased a Wolf double oven in 2018 so we have it for about 3 years. The issues started almost immediately where within six months we had to have the motherboard replaced the first time. In 2020 we replaced the motherboard again after the oven would shut off every time the door was open. We discovered this on Thanksgiving and didn’t realize the oven was off for a good hour with the turkey still in it. It seems that if we try to cook anything at 400 or above the oven can’t handle it and shuts down. When checking the temperature of the oven against a thermometer it is about 30° off. The probe only lasted about a year. Now if we are using the top oven at a high temp it will shut off the bottom oven.

Cannot believe we haven’t even been able to get three years of use out of this very expensive oven. Wish we never purchased. Also have a wolf range and many times the burners won’t even turn on without having to use a lighter. We also purchased a Subzero fridge. Also less than three years we’ve had to have the icemaker replaced and the fan replaced.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I’ve had over experience with Viking and Wolf stoves. Wolf is by far the winner! After about 10 years the Viking gas oven started making loud noises as if the gas was rushing out. It was frightening and I’d have to turn it off then back on to get it to stop. It would also burn cookies on one side of a cookie sheets and not get them done the others. A Viking familiar repairman said it was a common problem for Viking. In contrast, the Wolf remains almost like new over a similar time period and provides more even cooking.

Wolf author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Wolf Sub Zero was founded in 1945 as the Sub Zero Freezer Company. The company began producing cooking appliances in 2000, after acquiring the Wolf Range Corporation and its manufacturing facilities.

• Built-in expertise: Wolf was a pioneer of built-in appliances and maintains that reputation with its cooking units.

• Extensive warranties: Wolf offers one of the most extensive warranty programs in the industry for its cooking appliances.

• Online support: Wolf's online support center contains a wide range of support options for everything from product information to scheduling in-home visits.

• Flexible installation options: Wolf's extensive array of choices for free standing units gives buyers many options for designing kitchen layouts.

• Gas specialty: Wolf's long history in gas cooking makes it a specialist in gas fuel cooking appliances.

Wolf Cooking Appliances Company Information