Windows America

Out of Business

Compare Window & Door Companies

Research top Window & Door Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have had a very pleasant experience with Windows America. They are very professional and polite to my family, and did an excellent job. The service was great. They did a great job of cleaning up also. I was very impressed.

We purchased windows for 2 houses from Windows of America. Apparently we used the Arvada office for our current home and the Northglenn office for the other. My husband and I have both been calling them for the past 2 years trying to get them to fix 4 of the windows in our current home. This year the Northglenn store sent someone out twice to determine the parts that were needed, each time stating they would order them and have them installed in the next 2 weeks. Obviously they don't keep records of any of this because each time we have contacted them, they have requested the serial numbers for the windows. After the 2nd person came out, they informed us that the windows on this house were purchased from the Arvada office. We have contacted her and she did not send anyone out, thinks she knows the part, was going to order the part- that was over a month ago and still nothing. In between, I contacted the corporate office- didn't call them back after they left me a message stating that they didn't have control over the franchises. I would never order from them again and I would not recommend them to anyone! They don't stand behind their warranty and their promises are empty. We cannot open any of the 4 windows without the top window falling down, leaving us with no screen.

We had every Window in our home replaced and almost everyone of them have a seal problem and some Argon gone. We have tried many, many times to get up with them in Goldsboro, NC and they will not answer phone. It said no longer in service. We do not know what to do, we paid a lot of money for these windows. I was wondering if they changed their name to Window World because they have some of the same ads on TV and newspapers of $189.00 per windows. I called Window World, and said they are not same company, but I don't know!

We ordered a very expensive door and windows the beginning of October and were told they'd be in in about 4-6 weeks. They ordered the first door wrong and had to reorder it. Jim was very unpleasant and difficult to work with, as if it was our fault he ordered the wrong door. Then 6 weeks later, the new door came in. My husband took a day off work for the installation, and the night before they called to cancel because the glass in the door was broke. So we waited until January 11, 3 full months later, they arrived for installation with - THE WRONG DOOR. Jim never called to apologize or anything. Then to top it off, they were no longer going to give us the $200 off they had promised previously for screwing up so bad because we told them to put the windows in, but we were canceling the door. I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy.

We were under contract on a house that had several windows that didn't open. I requested a repair bid so we could negotiate with the sellers by the inspection objection deadline. I was assured that the deadline would be met. It was not. We had no information with which to ask for a concession. Clyde (the owner?) called to apologize. Nice, but of no use. How about offering me a couple of free windows? Windows America will not get my business nor will I recommend them to anyone else.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Windows America?

I bought 11 windows from Windows America in the year 1999. I purchased the extensive warranty, very expensive. Now I need them to do the warranty work (windows has seal problem), I can't seem to find them. They relocated, and will not answer the phone numbers for the company. I'm very unhappy! The company was working out of Goldsboro, NC.

In May 2012, we replaced our windows in our kitchen and bedroom because they had constant moisture on the window panes and window sills, which eventually caused mold, as well as stains on the wall from water freezing and melting. We paid over $5,000 for new triple pane windows, and were guaranteed that these windows would not have the same problem as our old ones. Well, the problem still exists. We called the company and told them what the problem was, and they sent us several xeroxed sheets of paper of do's and dont's for moisture control. We followed all the suggestions on those sheets of paper, with no success. I can't get anyone to come out and look at it. They don't care after the sale. Non-existent customer service.

On a side subject, the window installers took several gouges out of my driveway when they backed their heavy trucks up to my door. I complained to the manager, and was told that they would fix it. A year later, I still have those gouges in my driveway. We would like to replace more windows in our house, but I will not get them done by New Windows for America. I will tell everyone I know the bad - and expensive - experience I had with this company. Do yourself a favor and go with someone else, someone who stands behind their work.

Numerous phone calls to have her come out and fix a double slider that is no longer working. She finally called back on Jan. 16th that she would need to look at her installation calendar and she would get back with me on Jan. 17th. I have called 3 times since then and she refuses to call back. Finally, I called another franchise owner in metro Denver and he agreed to fix the problem. How does Renee stays in business?

Same issue as all the others fighting with Renee Battista, I ordered replacement windows and after 2-3 months of waiting for them to arrive, I had to hound her by phone (which she never answer's or returns calls) and emails until they actually showed up (un-announced) on my porch with no installer. Absolutely terrible! I will never do business with again, and not only will I not recommend her and Windows America, but I will strongly persuade anyone to go anywhere else.

I ordered windows from Renee three years ago for a rental property. Other than wrongly measuring two of the windows and having to reorder them, everything went fine. I like the windows and the install, seems fine. This fall, I ordered 4 more windows for another rental. The install was not as nice as before. The installer did not do neat a job and left one of the old windows lying outside. We were very busy working on this house and I didn't check my credit card charges until a couple of months later and discovered that Renee had double charged me for the windows. She's been giving me the run around for a couple of weeks on the refund.

I talked to my credit card company and they say that businesses have a month to refund, then they will contact her and she has to submit a copy of the contract. They say I will be covered by them if she doesn't comply. I am very afraid that this will be a drawn out nasty process. I recommended her to two other people who both had windows installed, one had problems and the other not. After reading the reviews of the install problems and window issues others have had, I'm sorry I did. I would not advise anyone to use this company and especially Renee (**). I believe she's playing fast and loose with people's credit cards.

I ordered 8 replacement windows from Renee **. The windows came in and were the wrong size according to the installer. Replacement windows were ordered. It took 2 months to arrive. One came with broken glass. They installed it anyway since I was not home. They promised to replace it 3 months ago but they have not. Another window has faulty weather strip and leaks. Two of the windows were not the style we ordered. And almost all of the windows have screens that do not fit, allowing insects in. Renee does not answer our calls or our emails.

We purchased windows and a sliding patio door in 2001 from Windows America out of Des Moines, IA. These products come with a lifetime guaranty. A few years later, the owners of the Des Moines company sold the business to the man that did their installs, Rob Baker. I recently contacted Mr. Baker because I think the wheels of the patio door are broken and it is hard to open and close. He said he would be up to fix it on a certain day. He called 2 hours before he was to be here and said he had a window he was working on and it was going to take longer than he thought and needed to reschedule. So, I was very accommodating and said to him, "do you think you can get up here (30 miles) in the next week?" He said that would not be a problem. I told him that I would call and remind him if I hadn't heard from him in a week. Now he won't return my calls or answer messages I have left.

This has been going on for a month now. I guess the guaranty is only as good as the person that owns the local business. Don't buy from New Windows America in Central Iowa. There is no guarantee they will help you after the fact.

I am going to contact a New Windows America distributor at another location to see if I can buy the wheels for the patio door from them and then find a local repair man to fix it. It is about the only choice I have to get it fixed. It sucks that I have to pay for this but it has to be done or replace the sliding patio door. We paid $1,200 for that door.

I bought windows 3 years ago (I paid almost $9000.00). After one year, one of the windows had a crack. I also had a lifetime warranty. I called and left messages and sent many emails. It’s hard to get a response. After 11 months of it, I called the manufacturer directly. They ordered the window and 2 weeks later someone came from Delaware to MD to install. I did have to pay $65.00 for them to install, but after what I went through with Windows America - that was nothing. In fact, I am still waiting for a call back from Steve **. He claims that he ordered the window months ago.

We purchased windows from Windows America and after 6 years, they have condensation on the inside of the panes. We have tried to - they have not returned calls. We have a Lifetime guarantee but what is it worth if you can't get in touch with them?

We were overcharged by 30% by improper charges to a credit card by Renee. After discovering the problem that occurred in November of 2008 when the windows were installed, it took her until July of 2009 for her to refund the overcharged principal amount. We made multiple attempts to contact Renee to get this fixed and were ignored until a lawsuit was threatened. This was theft!

On January 16, 2009 I wrote a complaint and here is some additional information. One of the bedroom windows has a bow at the top of the window. On one of the dining room windows the top of the window frame is broke. We paid over $6000.00 for these windows and was told they have a lifetime guarantee. We are still waiting for Rick to call us to make a appointment to look at our windows again.

We purchased windows from Windows America, which now call themselves New Windows America, but at a different location. We bought windows for our whole house, which totaled 17 windows. We had them back several times, but they never resolved hardly any of our issues. We got new windows to replace our old windows which leaked. The new windows leak just as bad, we still have to put up plastic on the inside to keeo out the cold air.

We recently had them back out to check our windows. All he would talk about was we had to much moisture in our house, and something must be wrong with our house. We had a indoor humidity gauge in the house and it read 30% which is very dry. But he would not believe it was correct, so I got a new humidity gauge and it reads the same. It has been staying in the 30s all winter. So we sure do not have a moisture problem in our house.

We had a friend who is a professional window installer come and look at our windows. He said the windows do not fit correctly, and are not insulated well enough. There is no insulation on the outside under the metal wrapping. Also there needs to be more insulation in the inside window cavities.

I live in Peru Ia. and I purchased windows for my entire house through windows america. They were suppose to have a lifetime warranty. One started leaking so I called the company to find out that the one in my state is no longer here. I called new windows america which i found on the internet. They are actually the same company.

Because of where I live they will not stand by there warranty. They said they were sorry (doesn't mean alot) but they could not help me. They did say they were part of the windows america where I live but because they didn't know how to get a hold of the person responsible for putting in my windows, then I guess my window garrantee is no good with them. I would advice that no one purchase winidows through this company. They do not stand behind their word.

This window that leaks costs my 1000.00 dollars to have put in. It is a large picture window.

Poor install job --mostly corrected after I complained--window in Kitchen is spotted on the inside--no one to contact!

will have to buy another window

A few years ago we purchased new double hung windows thru Windows America. We were told that we had a lifetime warranty by Jeff Young, who no longer sells windows thru this company. We were never given any warranty information nor do we know who the manufacturer is. I was told by another company named Windows America in Seattle, that it was VinylMax.

We are having problems with the windows sweating in which it is not suppose to. My brother is having the same problem from the same company. We were told that we can replace the windows ourself at our expense but when you pay for a lifetime warranty you don't want to pay anything else. We are Katrina survivors and we have paid enough money trying to get our lives back, we don't need to put out anymore expense.

These windows that are sweating are no longer energy efficient. The physical damages is that the moisture will eventually cause mold & mildew. As a mother of an asthmatic this concerns me.

Bought Norman Rockwell Siding and windows in 2003. After 2 days of siding on house it fell off and the wind took it down the street and on neighbors cars. They came back out the next day put over thousands of little white nails in siding to hold it on the house fell off 20 minutes after they left. This went on for about 6 months. They took off the siding and put it back on which they stepped on it and cut in into small pieces. It started to fall off again and again they tact it with small white nails. They said this was a new kind of siding and I said it was not put up properly because the window man said he only puts in windows and they had him put the siding on which he does not do. They sent the company man who makes the siding to house and he agree this was not put on properly.

Finally because the siding was damaged they were going to replace it and wanted me to pay another $1000 and I said no because you should have put it on properly. They replace it with a cheaping siding and not as thick as the orginal siding which was beautiful and what I wanted. Well this was not put on right either and they must not train these people on how to put siding on. I tried to tell the crew it is not right but they did not speak english and I did not understand them. I called the company and they would send someone out, which they only call there crew instead of coming out. The siding bow within a week because the nails was to tight and siding could not expand and they did not put top trim in back of house. Here they came again and cut this siding until I have alot of seams.

Again it bow call back and now the company was sold to one of the person who worked for them. They said they have no obligation but would try to help me because of the trouble I had and knew the problem. They came out and cut more away. The big problem was this company was sending out people that did not really know what they were doing but I have to admit they were very nice but I just could not get them to get it done right and I was getting so tired of this.

I call and call for almost 8 months and again they sold the company again to another person they knew and now it is in Missouri but does work here in Kansas too. I called them and the owner said he would try to help but would he need to call Chris the owner before who he knew well and see if they could help me. That has been over a month ago and I have call and even e-mail but can not get no one to contact me back. Also I forgot to mention the windows they put in. They over size the windows and they cut the tops to fit the windows in and knock 3 jams out of line which they never fix and now the windows on moist days will fog up so bad you can not see out until the sun dries them up. I just want to warn people that this company has been owned by 3 people since 2003 and with the record its going by I believe it will be sold over and over.

I purchased replacement windows from Windows America and like the lady before me said, they are not what I was expecting nor were they the quality of workmanship that I thought I was getting. The seals between the glass panes have buckled, cracked and bowed. I have a copy of lifetime warranty (I guess it was the lifetime of the person that sold the windows to me) because I have tried to exercise my warranty and have found that Mr. Marlowe has had several complaints filed against him and has gone out of business. The Lifetime Warranty also had a manufacturer's address to which I sent a letter asking for help only to have the letter returned with a stamp that said No Such Address.

In the meantime, Mr. Marlowe and Windows America are long gone and I have no other choice but to suck it up and buy new replacement windows which I was not anticipating having to do after a 4 year time frame.

I have windows that are bowed, seals cracked and are not energy saving as well as with the noise that they let come in to my house, I would be just as well off to place screens only in the openings.

I purchased new windows from windows america. 2500.00 worth of windows. They told me it would only take four days. Four days turned out to be four months. 1st the window in not fit, the second large picture window, the glass moved. They gave me a hard time about replacing it. They measure all of the windows wrong. They were all smaller than the original ones were. Which meant that we had to fill in. The 3rd large picture window well needless to say was not what I wanted but at this point with Christmas around the corner I just wanted the job done. I forgot to mention the facsha and sofets that were put in all wrong. That in itself was a nightmare.The leaking window and treated like dirt.

The consequences is that the window in my living room is now leaking water. Which it never did before. My carpet is getting water soaked and the floor under it is also getting water soaked. I ask them to come and fix it that I was afraid that it would ruin my carpet and floor and that I would hate it if he had to pay for them. He asked why I had not noticed it before. I answer him with I do not go into my living room that much. He than said to me that I was (please excuse the language) a ***** liar. I could not believe my ears. I was dumbfounded and hurt that someone would talk to me in this manner. I did nothing to deserve it. I asked him why he was being so mean.

His reply was that he was not responsible for the work just the windows. I told him that I hired him and I made the checks out to him. That whom he got to do the work was his problem. He than told me to get a lawyer. I than hung up the phone. 10 mins later he was calling back this time he spoke with my husband. He was rude crude and socially unacceptable. Other than Sears, I have never been treated with such rudeness in all my life.

Windows America Company Profile