Wilsey Nursery

Fairhope, AL

Compare Lawn & Garden

Research top Lawn & Garden recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Hi Jim, I am Wanda, owner of Wilsey Nursery. First, let me begin by saying I am so sorry that you had a bad experience with my garden center. It is completely my fault for not communicating with you. After you called the nursery, I came out and inspected your trees personally. They were easy to spot since they were planted in the strip of right-of-way between the sidewalk and the street. I was told that you had already consulted a local extension agent and the diagnosis was fireblight.

I am sure the agent told you the treatment is to cut off the affected limb. When I looked at your trees I could tell you had already done just that and the tree looked fine. The one planted next to it was perfectly healthy. I was satisfied with your treatment and was confident that you would have no more problems. I have since visited your trees twice and they look awesome! Again, I apologize for not following through with you to communicate my findings. We strive to give our customers complete satisfaction. If you have any more questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me personally. I'll be glad to help you any way I can.

I bought two pear trees worth $80. They were in a dormant state when I planted them in late February. When they bloomed out in March, the trees turned out to be infected with fire blight per our county agricultural agent. Wilsey promised to inspect them but never would and he would not replace them or provide a credit. I believe these trees were infected at his nursery. I had spent hundreds of dollars each season at this nursery that was highly rated locally.

Wilsey Nursery Company Profile