Whirlpool Washing Machines

• 0%
  • 4%
  • 94%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

Reviewed July 16, 2024

I am so disappointed in my four Whirlpool appliances. Washer, refrigerator and dishwasher and oven. All are 1.5 years old and one is dobs and three of them work terribly. A huge waste of money. What a waste.

Customer Service

Reviewed July 12, 2024

We purchased our Whirlpool washer and dryer, and in the first month had their repair man out three times. The washer walks all over the floor! Whirlpool customer service was very condescending and got upset with me. They said the load was unbalanced. When I pointed out that when any washer spins, that causes an unbalanced load. They still blamed me. Horrible customer service! So I'm stuck with a washer that walks across the floor, only being held back by the hot and cold hoses. I will never buy another Whirlpool product. Quality sucks and so does their customer service!

Get buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed July 5, 2024

Complete garbage. I've had 2 in three years. First one the shift went in 1.5 yrs. 2nd one sticks on rinse but doesn't rinse, and lid wouldn't unlock. Total trash, I will never buy another one. Buying LG.

Customer Service

Reviewed July 1, 2024

I purchased a 2-in-1 Whirlpool washing machine model WET4024HWO in June 2023. In February 2024, the wash cycle remains soggy wet throughout the entire cycle. After several calls 2 different repair companies and 7 service visits my washing machines is still not working.

Profile pic of the author.
      Price

Reviewed June 30, 2024

Fair and honest warning: if you see "Auto Sensing" on a washing machine, take a hard pass. I'm on my second brand new machine. I returned the first one the day of purchase. This dumbed down, completely superfluous high tech "feature" is nothing but another unnecessary creation dreamed up by a kid who has apparently either never washed a load of clothes or one who believes people cannot choose the correct amount of water in which to wash their own clothes.

I've had a repairman out 4 times in an attempt to get this junk to work properly. Of course on his last, and what I assume to be deemed by him or his superior, and final visit I was told it was fixed. They'll do anything to not have to admit it's a design failure and issue you a credit. This reject of a machine has had 2 control boards replaced plus 2 other parts, yet it still does nothing but waste water. With the price of water and the fact that I'm not the only person living in a drought stricken area, you'd think that even if Whirlpool obviously doesn't care the least about the customer (of course because they already have your money), that they would give a hoot about the resource and the climate. Ha, I realize I'm being naive. So I'm stuck with a piece of garbage that fills to the brim no matter what the load size happens to be. And I was schooled by the repairman that it will not do small loads. It wasn't designed that way.

Ease of Use

Reviewed June 28, 2024

I bought a Whirlpool front loading washer, model 7MWFW5622HW2 at the end of December 2023 for my vacation home in Mexico. It started acting up in January to where it would stop when trying to enter the spin cycle. Did that a few times, but somehow always got it working again. I was out town for 3 months. When I returned in June, same thing happened and I could not get it to reset. Still under warranty, a technician replaced the electronic board, same results. Now he thinks it may be the water sensor. Talked to a washer repair technician and he says this model is a complete lemon. Whirlpool won’t exchange it, saying the warranty is only for repair. I have been without a washer now for almost a month. Ready to put a stick of dynamite in it. Will never buy another Whirlpool product. Besides not being very intuitive for usage, it is also extremely noisy. Do not buy this model.

Reviewed June 19, 2024

I purchased my new Whirlpool washing machine just about a year ago. I have had the service team out 3 different times. The machine operates very LOUDLY when changing cycles. They say there is nothing wrong and that's how it's suppose to be. NEVER BUY a 2 in 1 removable agitator Model WTW4957PW. You will be thoroughly disappointed. This is my second Whirlpool 2 in 1 removable, absolutely tell you this is not how my first one operated or I would have never bought my second one. EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED!

Lindly

I had the same issue with the 2 in 1 agitator model #WTW6157PW. It broke down after just 7 months of light use. Will avoid Whirlpool from now on.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed June 17, 2024

Just spent an hour trying to get information about how to add liquid fabric softener to my new top load model wtw5057lw0 clothes washer, to no avail. The website's saying they will give you a quick start or owner's manual only take you to sales (for new appliances or service warranty programs). The phone number to call no longer works and if you should get to what is listed as customer service, guess what?, It's really a sale group. Shame on you Whirlpool! I'm sure my builder who "Lost" the quick start guide got a great price from you because if anyone reads your reviews they wouldn't buy a whirlpool on their own.

Customer ServiceReliability

Reviewed June 7, 2024

### Negative Review for Whirlpool Appliance Company and Lowe's. **Review:** I am incredibly disappointed and frustrated with both Whirlpool and Lowe's regarding a washing machine that has been nothing but trouble since its original delivery in March 2023. From the start, the machine was defective. We purchased the washer from Lowe's and were advised not to return it to the store but to contact Whirlpool directly. This has proven to be a catastrophic decision. Over the past year, we have made numerous calls to Whirlpool and have had over 12 service technician visits, yet the washing machine remains unusable. Despite the warranty, which is supposedly a repair warranty, the machine has been unfixable. All parts except for the drum have been replaced, and now Whirlpool claims that they need to replace the drum but are unable to provide one.

This situation has had severe repercussions for my family. My father has medical conditions that have been exacerbated by the inability to properly clean linens and clothing. This has resulted in multiple hospitalizations due to wound infections caused by unclean linens. Neither Lowe's nor Whirlpool has taken responsibility for the defective product they sold us. Their customer service is severely lacking, and they have been unhelpful and dismissive throughout this ordeal. The lack of accountability and unwillingness to resolve the issue has been appalling. I would strongly advise against purchasing any Whirlpool products or shopping at Lowe's if you expect reliable customer service and products that work as they should. This experience has been an absolute nightmare and has caused significant stress and health issues for my family.

Verified purchase

Reviewed June 2, 2024

Bought Whirlpool model #WTW5057LW $784 at Lowe's 10/2022. Starts agitating before clothes are wet and causes clothes to tangle and throw machine into unbalanced load...on Whirlpool recommended cycle settings. This constant unbalance loads has caused machine gear box (agitation/ spin functions) to completely stop.. MACHINE BROKEN after less than 2 yrs of use by 2 adults!! VERY POOR QUALITY.. DON'T RECOMMEND.

Whirlpool author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Whirlpool is generally considered the largest home appliance maker in the world. The company employs over a 100,000 employees, with many of them located right in the United States. The company also has a strong commitment to environmental and social causes.

• Large capacities for a variety of customers: Whirlpool washers feature large capacities, with a few washers offering more capacity than 4.3 cubic feet.

• Corporate diversity: Whirlpool has a commitment to corporate diversity, and attempts to connect with groups like women, blacks and Asians through its various Whirlpool Action Networks.

• Auto-dispensing feature: With select washers, consumers can fill their washer with enough detergent for 12 washes. From there, the Whirlpool washer will dispense the exact amount of detergent needed, saving time and conserving detergent.

Whirlpool Washing Machines Company Information