Whirlpool Refrigerators

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

Whirlpool Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

Original review: May 3, 2015

Whirlpool WRT351SFYW 21.1 cu.ft. White Top Freezer Refrigerator - Energy... Puts out a very irritating high pitch noise, unlike my previous Whirlpool Refrig. The old one was perfectly quiet. I believe Whirlpool is going down hill in every way. WP is buying refrigerators from 3rd world countries and slapping the name on them. The delivery people were very rude with me when I was unable to give them a tip, even though I had to supply my truck to shuttle the refrig. up to my house and help them unload it. I also had to go and find them when they would not follow my directions to my house. So, they kept the wrench I loaned them; they did not have their own tools for the installation. And they refused to return it when I asked them to do so.

Denver's customer service refused to respond in any way to my requests for information or complaints about the noise and delivery. Finally, their head office contacted me a month or two later, and the customer service person had initiated the discussion in argumentative attitude despite my saying I did not care anymore. I gave up on them and don't expect anything from Whirlpool anymore. While she told me that there are standard levels of acceptable noise that come from their refrigerator, she refused to acknowledge that they are not my standards, and I am the customer. Besides, I had an older Whirlpool refrig. that did not make any noise. I am sorry trusted WP. When I tried to upgrade the old refrig. - it was an expensive downgrade! Buy LG or Amana - wished I did!

Original review: April 30, 2015

Greetings: I purchased a Whirlpool refrigerator on July 3, 2014. And the supports for the door to open and closed have grinded and worn out - not allowing the door to close properly, requiring being lifted up, and pushed close as much as possible. Not the quality I expected with the purchase of a Whirlpool product. I want this door repaired or replaced at the expense of Whirlpool. Having paid over $600.00 for the product, I didn't expect no problems like this at all, poor design. The weight of the door is too heavy to support a hinge mount in plastic, its ridiculous. Now cooling is being wasted, runs constantly, and just not the quality I expected nor received.

Original review: April 29, 2015

Purchased a Whirlpool refrigerator less than 3 years ago, the inside is cracking in several places. I read someone else's review and they said the same thing happened to their refrigerator. Customer service would not do anything to help me.

Original review: April 28, 2015

We bought this Gold series refrigerator in 2013.. Less than a year we started having problems with rust on doors. It was so embarrassing people could see this. After that it was like one part after another, the motherboard, the ice on fridge, the ice maker. They changed the same part several times. Now April 2015 they say vapor cooling is not good and they have to put coolant and replace another kit.. Now we have to wait 1 week for that part. Meanwhile our food is going to go bad.

I've been calling for years about this lemon of a fridge. And the last time I spoke to somebody they say "buy another fridge" while you're waiting on the part to come out. Wow. This is literally driving my family insane.. I can't believe they just expect us to let this happen.. We paid about 2,500 for this lemon of a fridge.. I see so many complaints and you're telling me Whirlpool can get away with this.

Original review: April 27, 2015

I bought a complete kitchen set of the Whirlpool Gold Series Appliance from Brand-Smart in 2/2013. The first problem I had was the compressor on the refrigerator. It started making a noise & stopped cooling in 04/2014. I called Whirlpool and they said there was only a year warranty on parts and service. I was not notified that I could get an ext. warranty. Therefore I will have to pay for the repair. I called a service tech out and he said I needed a new compressor, total cost 255.00. Then in 11/2014 it started making the same noise & stopped cooling another $255.00. Now it's doing the same thing. It needs another compressor, will cost me $255.00 more! A total of $765.00!! And I have only had the refrigerator 2 years 2/2015.

Original review: April 25, 2015

Do not bother purchasing Whirlpool refrigerators. Bought mine new in November. The paint on the exterior has been chipping. They inform me that it's a cosmetic issue and that they are not going to repair it. They told me to use touch up paint. The paint has chipped more than once and I'm afraid this is going to be an ongoing issue. It's obviously a product defect (my last fridge lasted 27 years without incident). I don't do business with companies who don't stand behind the products they manufacture. These days it's all about "get their money" and "the hell with them once we do." Last time I purchase anything Whirlpool.

Original review: April 24, 2015

I purchased a Whirlpool refrigerator for my condo in February of 2012. During the past six months it started to freeze everything in the food compartment, and then during this past month the freezer started to slowly die. Ice cream became soup. After calling repair and examination it appears the fridge has basically died and it would have cost me over $500 to fix a $570 refrigerator. That type of lifespan is unacceptable. Before energy efficiency demands from the government, refrigerators lasted much longer. In the 50's, 60's, the refrigerator my parents owed lasted nearly 30 years. Am I expecting too much? Apparently so. I went out and purchased a Frigidaire this time. Hopefully, I'll get a few more years out of that one (Not happy).

Original review: April 22, 2015

I live by myself and purchased this Whirlpool french door style refrigerator on March 20 2014. It has been today 13 months and 2 days since the purchase. A few days ago I tried to remove with my fingernail something from the edge of the door which looked like food and to my surprise the thing became bigger, the paint was coming off. I have seen old refrigerators with rust spots but I’m talking about 10+ years refrigerators. It is heartbreaking to hear the stories of US companies going out of business because a foreign brand took their market share (sounds familiar). Poor quality engineering, craftsmanship and customer service are very likely the reason for these events. Sorry Whirlpool but next refrigerator will very likely be anything but your brand. I might even be able to get 10 years or 100,000 miles warranty from your Korean competitors. Thank you for a lousy product and an even worse customer service.

Original review: April 22, 2015

I purchased new dishwasher, range, microwave, refrigerator, washer and dryer 16 months ago. I have had problems with everything except the dryer! Lowe's even traded my washer in for another because it could not be fixed.

Original review: April 20, 2015

Whatever you do, don't ever buy a Whirlpool French door refrigerator. For the last 5 months this $2,200 error in our judgement has not worked. We purchased it late last September and were so excited to enjoy this sleek machine. Wrong. In November a controller broke and the refrigerator portion froze over freezing everything and blowing apart the deli drawer. Then the ice maker was not working, it topped out at about 10 cubes a day. After that it acquired the lovely habit of shutting off every several minutes. 24 hours a day. Every time it would turn back on it would chime. 24 hours a day. And neither the refrigerator nor freezer portion would maintain temperature.

Whirlpool keeps sending people out, turning us into their Guinea Pig while they try to come up with a solution. The chiming has finally stopped but we still don't have an ice maker and the light is intermittent. Another repair man is due tomorrow. So unless you have countless hours to spend waiting for and dealing with repairmen, making phone calls and enjoying throwing away spoiled food, don't waste your money with this company.

Original review: April 12, 2015

I found plastic in my ice. Happened several times but couldn't recognize the plastic. Finally opened the back of the icemaker and found a pill bottle, no cap. It had flown out of top door shelf into the opening of the ice maker. Had this problem?

Original review: April 11, 2015

We purchased our Whirlpool Gold series, french door refrigerator 22 months ago. The freezer and ice maker has stopped working. We had one repairman come out already and he couldn't fix it. We have another one coming in 2 days. I am very disappointed with the Whirlpool brand. I also bought a microwave, 2 wall ovens, and a dishwasher at the same time. The microwave makes a clicking noise every time you use it.

Original review: April 6, 2015

Purchased Whirlpool side by side French door with bottom freeze on 2-18-13. After several repair calls it was replaced with new one on 7-09-13. Problems began almost immediately with water dripping inside door, resting of doors, and finally the freezer stopped working and the appliance would not shut off. Pm 3-14-15 a new compressor was installed. Two months later, the same issues are occurring. Freezer not working, and not shutting off. Waiting for a resolution. Would never buy another Whirlpool appliance.

Original review: March 30, 2015

We have had a GX5fhdxvy 07 Whirlpool Gold French door fridge with bottom freezer that is approximately 4 years old. Since the first 6 months of use, so 3.5 years now, we have had continual problems with a flat sheet of ice on the bottom of the freezer which then builds up and leaks all over our floor. Twice I have slipped, once banged my big toe to the point of cracking my big toenail and bleeding profusely, and the second time I slipped on my butt and really hurt my back. This is of real concern as one of my children has Cerebral Palsy and autism and could really hurt himself in our kitchen. We originally called while it was still under warranty and the technician said that we will need to learn how to defrost the tube that seems to be getting built up with ice. That's the only way to fix it. We thought it meant fix it for a long period of time.

After several months of this re-occurring problem, we realized that this is something you need to do very frequently, meaning several times a week. We have had no help from Whirlpool, they tell us that essentially it is our problem. They didn't even offer to provide parts. They were not interested in our problems and just asked us if we wanted to pay for a service call, and that was it. Now but what kind of service is this?? Clearly, after researching these products, this is a design flaw and a lot of consumers have complained about the the same issues. You would think that Whirlpool would have the decency and the business smarts to create a recall to solve consumers issues.

Unfortunately, I am not able to purchase a new unit. This was an expensive purchase as it was… and we have absolutely no resolution to the problem. I have to say that after our injuries in our household, eventually someone will slip and do some serious permanent damage to their body or even worse, fall and sustain a head injury and perhaps even die. And although this may seem like a far fetched comment, it really isn't out of the realm of possibility at all! How long does it take for a manufacturer to respond to a flaw in their design??

Original review: March 23, 2015

We bought a new Whirlpool refrigerator about three years ago. Because of space, we had to purchase one with a top freezer and also with no ice maker. First of all we didn't realize it was much deeper than our old Kenmore so it stuck out further into the kitchen space. That was not that big of an issue. At first everything ran great including the top freezer compartment, or so we thought. Then we noticed that when we had ice cream in the freezer and put water in ice cube trays to freeze, the ice cream would get very very soft. This continued to the point that now anytime I put water in there to freeze ice cubes I have to turn up the temperature to keep the ice cream frozen. Once the ice cubes are froze, there is no problem, but they take at least six hours to freeze.

Then one day when a young child slammed the refrigerator door closed, the freezer door popped open about an eighth of an inch and then closed again. So, I tried it. Anytime you close the refrigerator door a little too hard the freezer door pops open. I then tried the dollar bill test to check the strength of the seal. The bill pulled right out of the door with very little effort. So, is the problem bad seals, bad design, or bad quality control, or what. How can I be assured that the frozen foods in the freezer are being frozen as solid as they should be.

I know they don't freeze solid enough in the freezer door. I will eventually dump this refrigerator and go get another Frigidaire. If we have to get one with a bottom freezer, we will just have to rearrange our kitchen to accommodate it. But, having to turn the temp up and down every day is ridiculous. I have had issues with food close to the walls in all refrigerators slightly freeze, but never had an issue with keeping things cold enough. I will never buy another Whirlpool refrigerator, stove, or anything else for that matter. I have always had good luck with Frigidaire, so I will stick with what I know works.

Original review: March 20, 2015

In Feb. 2014 we moved into a new Condo and bought all new kitchen appliances, MAKING one mistake, a Whirlpool side by side refrigerator, Model WRS322FDAM 01. It had to be ordered and was received by Lowe's on March 10th. Letters from Whirlpool told me that their service warranty had ended as of 2/1/15 which predated our receipt of the fridge. It is a bit noisy with the ice maker, and when it fills up with water, you can hear it, and yes, the ice does fly a bit when you put it into your glass.

The worst thing about this piece of junk, is how cheaply it is made. The materials used must have come from the rejected pile of parts. It's just my husband and I, no grandchildren/children and very little company. So, the fridge received average use and then within 6 months, one of the drawers cracked at the back. I tried to glue it back together myself because I was told that it was not a covered item??? My repair lasted a few months and then came apart entirely. When I removed the broken shelf I noticed something around the LED light on the liner in the back of the fridge. I pulled out the meat drawer and found a crack that began at the bottom of the light and had moved about 3 inches to the left, and another one that began at the right of the light and that was about 4 inches or so.

Life intervened and when I looked again, the right side crack had split and deepened and it had now crossed over to the rounded edging connecting the back liner to the side liner. The left side crack had also moved further to the left, and is now approaching the side corner. I spoke with Whirlpool and they sent out a repair company who e-mailed a photo of the cracks to them from our home. The company response was that they would "cover the crack with 482395 liner tape." - this was their idea of a repair.

I then spoke with a Lowe's representative who agreed to send another repair firm out. Well, they came today and when they spoke with Whirlpool, they were told to order an Epoxy kit (# 8212572) - this was their version of a repair. I spoke with a supervisor and told her that they were not repairing the liner, they were just placing a bandage on top of the crack. I compared it to owning a new car but having cracks in the dashboard. In this case the dealer would place tapes over the cracks instead of just replacing the dash.

Neither response from Whirlpool was a repair. All they were doing was hiding their piece of garbage. She disagreed and would offer nothing further. I told her that I was going to bring this to the attention of any consumer group that I could, and might even see if a class action suit could be brought to bear as there were many other reports of cracked liners. We are totally disgusted with the product and its manufacturer. Whirlpool used to have a good reputation, but after this, it is now at the bottom of the garbage barrel.

Original review: March 20, 2015

I bought a washer and dryer a couple months ago. The washer has been completely replaced already. It is a piece of garbage. I have to wash my laundry four times and still my clothes are not coming out clean. I have three small children and it is just a pain to always be washing their clothes. Things as simple as orange juice not coming out of a shirt even using bleach.

It was sold to me with high efficiency and great water consumption but of course it is, it doesn't use any water to wash the clothes. I had a tech come out to look at it and even they said it's had so many complaints about how it washes. She said that the wash machine is the worst out there and I totally agree. If you can't wash baby clothes and get puke out of a bed sheet then I could just imagine grass stains.

Wash machines don’t last forever but I can promise you I will never purchase another in my life. Best part of it is when whirlpool was approached, did absolutely nothing about. Basically said, “Have a good day, that's what you bought, that's what you get.” Considering it's still under a year warranty. Tell me I will never buy a whirlpool again and I will never recommend one to anyone who asks. The customer service and product don't stand anything against other manufactures. I learned my lesson the hard way but I've opened my eyes. Never purchase a top loader. Word of mouth travels fast. I know my complaint probably means ** to whirlpool but for what it's worth, I'll be spreading the word around.

Original review: March 17, 2015

Ordered a replacement door through Sears on 1/21. It has been over 54 days now and no door. The 10 times I have called Sears and Whirlpool I am told it's on back order with no explanation why or when I will receive it. They act like they don't care and when I ask for a supervisor they say they are busy but will give you a call back. I am still waiting for 1 or the 5 of them to call me back. Sears and Whirlpool are jokes with terrible customer service and no care for customers. Order # with Sears is **/Part # W10700988.

Original review: March 12, 2015

The light wouldn't work after changing bulb. So I googled it. I found the circuit board in the back and there was a burnt part on the board. To replace board is over 100.00. The icemaker also was fixed w/ a paper towel to keep fan from melting ice. Nothing lasts over a year these days. :(

Original review: March 7, 2015

I purchased a Whirlpool refrigerator from Home Depot in Nov, 2013. Model is WRF560SEYWOO with water in the door and bottom freezer with ice compartment. This is a very small refrigerator for my very small space. I swear these companies program their appliances to break down exactly 1 month after the warranty is up. That's what happened to me. Dec 2014 this horrible loud humming noise started. You could hear it out on the sidewalk! Then the door with the water just detached from the bottom and screws and plastic pieces fell out all over the floor. The day the repairman came he noticed all the rubber lining in the doors was detaching and huge chunks were falling off of it. He called to get replacement parts for everything and whatyaknow, all parts for this unit have been discontinued!

This is what we did to cope with all these defects. The noise was caused by ice building up around the exhaust fan because the unit had stopped defrosting that area, so every 3 days I have to get out my hairdryer and melt the ice at the back of the unit. Next we MacGyvered the door so that it is resting on the freezer door. Next, he brought in some tape and taped all the pieces of rubber falling off my doors!! This frigging frig cost me $1,653.00!! I AM FURIOUS. Why isn't Con. AFFAIRS DOING ANYTHING ABOUT THIS?!

Original review: March 5, 2015

I purchased a refrigerator Model# WRF736SDAW12 on 8/9/14 and from day two, I've had nothing but problems with the ice maker. We NEVER use crushed ice, but we get a lot of crushed along with cubed and crushed/shards of ice all over my fridge, hands and floor. My daughter (wearing her heels) already slipped and fell while walking past the fridge, not realizing that there was ice lying on the floor because my floor is light/multicolored, so we can't see the ice.

After several calls, the repair person replaced all the components of the ice maker and the repair person was told (2/26/15) from the Whirlpool tech that we would just have to live with the problem because it's normal and he was advised to tell me to get a larger glass. The repair person looked at my glass, seeing that it was already large, shook his head and said Whirlpool must want me to start using a bowl to catch all the ice. I couldn't believe it?! I bought this fridge expecting to receive ONLY cubed ice and yet I don't, so I'm sure why they put that cubed feature on there when I can't utilize it. I only want a little ice, but the first thing that comes out is the crushed ice, and in order for me to receive more cubed ice, I have to fill up the entire cup that includes the crushed/shards of ice which floats to the top and ends up in my mouth. That's the purpose of me selecting cubed, so I don't have to drink it!

After the repair man left, I called customer service (2/26/15) and she told me that ice gets stuck in the chute?, so that's why I get crushed ice, but it's normal she says. How is that normal? Please read all the reviews/complaints from both the Whirlpool's and on Home Depots website for this model and you’ll see this is a problem, there is a flaw in the design.

I can't believe a big company such as Whirlpool would treat me so poorly and brush me off like this. After the many posts I put on their Facebook page, they over and over say they will be in contact with me. I have yet to hear from them. I found another story on Pissed Consumer where a senior fell due to the ice falling all over the floor, so it's not just me that it has happened to. They're putting people in a hazardous situation and they don't care.

I have an autistic son who gets ice constantly, I can’t supervise his every move and I’m not able to keep up with his dropped ice nor can he remember to look down for it. I’m concerned that next time my daughter falls; she won’t be so lucky and could sprain or break something. How about my visitors? Do I worry about them suing me when they fall? I’m not so annoyed at the fact that I step on water with my dry socks or the 24/7 noise from the motor or the left door not shutting all the way than I am with the safety of my family.

Original review: March 3, 2015

Whirlpool gold model GI6FDRXXQ06 - This fridge is 3 years old and we are about to put the fifth ice maker in it. Vegetables freeze in the vegetable drawer (yes, it's set correctly). Our repairman even says the design is faulty but since the warranty is out, we have to keep replacing the units!

Original review: March 3, 2015

Our $2000+ Whirlpool Gold just had the control board fail. After calling Whirlpool, local services and all national parts suppliers we were told each time the part is on back order until June. If this is Whirlpool's way of generating new fridge sales, it does not work. No Whirlpool, Kenmore, Frigidaire or KitchenAid, all made by the same company will ever enter my home. The control board runs the fridge. Which executive thinks a family can live without a fridge for 4 months? What terrible service. GE always has parts and service. Go with GE everyone.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2015

Less than 2 years old; a loud chirp began and the water dispenser stopped working, along with the ice. Repairman came out--ordered a part. One week later another repairman; another part. One week later another repairman--couldn't fix the problem. By now no cooling in the refrigerator at all. Tech line has to review the findings. Have heard nothing after nearly 3 weeks without a fridge, ruined food, and no ice other than my back yard!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2015

No help from the retailer, Jessup's of Venice, FL. Sales person, Frank ** only gives "lip service!" Never buy from this retailer or buy a whirlpool product!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2015

I purchased a Whirlpool Gold refrigerator in May 2012 and about 8 months ago, ice started to form in the freezer. The ice melts and water drains out, so when you come in the kitchen all of the sudden you step in a puddle of water. I called CS and they told me the best they could do was authorize part(s) and the labor and service call would be my responsibility. Everyone knows service cost way more than parts.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2015

We called to have refrigerator repaired. We had to wait for 6 weeks get repair people to come. They looked, made guess, left, no repair. Said someone else would have to do it. No date/time frame. Houlka appliance, is that the only repair place in ms? No happy/hate lowes appliances, not impressed with whirlpool warranty system. And yes I have all the original receipts for the warranty.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2015

My husband and I purchased a Whirlpool Refrigerator, model number GI6SARXXF04, serial number K20311478 on February 3, 2012. It was delivered soon after. In April of 2012 our ice maker quit working. We called The Appliance Doctor for service. They reset the control, and left saying that they thought it was fixed. The ice maker as a result was not fixed. They came out again, and stated that the ice maker needed to be replaced altogether. So they ordered the part and we waited for two weeks for it to arrive and be installed. By this time it was April 23, 2012.

Then in June of 2013 we began having water pool in the bottom of the refrigerator and freeze, and water began to leak onto our hardwood floors causing them to buckle. We cleaned it up for a while thinking perhaps something had spilled, and busted up the ice on our own. The beginning of 2014 we called for service from Lanny Adams Appliance. The technician worked on it and stated that something was plugged up in the water line and he thought it was fixed, we paid for this service on our own. On August 14, 2014 we had another technician come out because it was not fixed. The technician came out and stated that it would cost another $219.95. He further stated that he thought that there was a recall of some kind, that I should look into it. I did look into it and printed out the Technical Service Pointer that was produced in November of 2013.

When I called Whirlpool at that point, someone was sent to fix it. Of course I had already paid to have it repaired in February of 2014, Whirlpool stated that it was not their responsibility, which again it was not fixed until August of 2014. As a further note, my floors were never fixed because I have hardwood floors throughout my house and simply cannot fix the area in front of the refrigerator. My floor had just been refinished, and after speaking with the floor company that had just refinished my floors a few months earlier, they stated all of the floors would have to be redone or it would not match. Figuring Whirlpool is definitely not going to pay for that, I have just dealt with it, since it cost me over $3000.00 to have the floors refinished.

Now, it is February of 2015 and the whole refrigerator is not cooling, and the freezer is not freezing. Again, I woke up to water in the floor on my hardwood floors, and have had to move all of my food to my ten year old Frigidaire refrigerator that is in my basement and has NEVER had a service call. After speaking with service company, they state it will cost $1200.00 to fix the refrigerator....REALLY? So, now I get to go spend a lot more money for a new appliance. You can bet it WILL NOT be a Whirlpool!

I contacted Whirlpool again, and I spoke with Robin in your Customer Service Department after speaking with one of your Customer Service Representatives that stated I was basically on my own with the repairs. Robin stated that there was nothing Whirlpool would do, but she would agree to pay for parts and I will be left with the repair labor. Although your company may think that this is good customer service, I have to disagree given the fact that I have had nothing but consistent problems with the refrigerator since I bought it. At this point, I would like to ask you if in your opinion this is a good appliance? I asked Robin and she stated that I needed to buy an extended warranty. Don't you realize it isn't about the warranty? It is about the fact that I have had the appliance for 3 years and have had consistent problems. I believe the refrigerator is a lemon, and I would like it replaced.

I have always trusted the Whirlpool name, but at this point, I do not see myself buying another Whirlpool appliance.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2015

My ref. stopped working. I troubleshoot it and did not work. I filled out a service request back on February 2nd, 2015. I got an email back from a subcontractor called Active Appliance INC. with a date service on February 6th, 2015, 4 days after my service request, and that is the only available date. The technician arrived while I am not at the house, however I talked to him before he started the work on my refrigerator and asked him kindly if he can call me after founding the issue, and he assured me that he will. No call and when I arrived home I found that he told the attendant that the refrigerator is not working and he has to report to the office. REALLY! We know that!

Anyway I called Active Appliance and the customer services rep. told me that she could not answer with the diagnose until she speak with the technician and that will be Monday February 9th, I asked if I could speak with a manager, and her reply was "Our managers do not talk to the customers." I had to hang up and call Whirlpool customer services and spoke with a nice gentleman, that he was not happy with Active Appliance INC. services. He placed me on hold and called them and within 3 minute he got back with the news, what was wrong with the refrigerator, electric computer panel burned out and then the fan continue to work with no stop, so it burned as well. He assured me that the services will be done no later than Tuesday February, 10th.

While on the phone I got a call from active appliance and this time she wanted to know if I am warranted. I told her that I have Whirlpool on the other line and they assured me that I am. She said that it does not matter and she has to get something in writing. I placed her on hold and talked with Whirlpool and he assured me that he will contact them and email me a confirmation, which he did. By Tuesday February 10th, no call no follow up. I called Active appliance and they stated that it would take up to 14 working days for a part to arrive.

I called Whirlpool and spoke with a customer services manager, and she got on the phone and told me that they are going to do their best and get back with me. Today February 16th I got a call to cancel a work service order due to technician calling sick and reschedule for February 25th Wednesday, I told her that they did not call to schedule the service first place, her answer was "Never mind, I am calling to cancel anyway. Would you like to take this appointment or NOT?" I asked her kindly to reevaluate their service procedures and the way they handle their customer, and I told her that I bought my refrigerator from Whirlpool and they are the company in charge of their product and I do not wish to continue this dialog with Active Appliance!

I called Whirlpool and the customer service gentleman was helping me and we got disconnected, however when I called back they were closed for the day, however the customer service has my phone number but I got no phone call!!!! I think this is the worst POOR service I got within the last 20 years!!!!! I hope someone at Whirlpool care about their services and can contact me to handle the issue.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2015

I have had many parts replaced on this refrigerator regarding ice maker. But nonetheless yesterday opened freezer and noticed a huge crack about 12 inches on the inside right of the freezer, not near a shelf or anything. I call today of course warranty is up after my 2 yr and Whirlpool says sorry ma'am there is nothing we can do. Seriously I purchased 2 years and 2 months ago @ $1560 and I’m told I would have to purchase a new one. I will never purchase another Whirlpool anything for we have had nothing but problems with them not standing behind their product. Model #GSS30C6EYY03. This is crazy to me. I have never heard of a refrigerator just cracking through.

Whirlpool Refrigerators Company Information