2. Homeowners

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Whirlpool Microwave Ovens Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool Microwave Ovens?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

This microwave had been the best I have used for several reasons. One is the modern design that goes with our kitchen. Two: it heats the food very quietly and produced an even temperature through out the food. Three; The inside of the microwave is easy to clean out.

Original review: April 29, 2021

Our over-the-range Whirlpool Microwave (Convection-Type) died 17 DAYS after one-year-warranty expired BUT they're sending a local repair outlet out to fix it. I am very surprised... Thought I'd be stuck with a $700 boat anchor. Thank you Whirlpool for standing-by your product. BTW... My research indicates these microwaves die quickly if you use the convection option very often... So now we know better.

Get buying tips about Microwaves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

The built-in microwave above the stove was in the home when we bought it seven years ago, so not sure how old it is. Although it had a crack in the door, near the handle, we've had not one problem with the unit. The crack has not opened more, or gotten longer, in the seven years we've been in the home. The unit is easy to clean, and has worked perfectly. It is simple to use, although no directions came with it, it was easy to figure it out.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2021

Even heating. Sturdy turn table. Easy to understand choices. No “burn” spots. Good light. Sturdy handle. Attractive. And it is reasonable you quiet as well. It does defrost and rewarm well. Frozen meals are no problem. I couldn’t be happier.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

Good microwave and will have 1100 watts Of use for TV dinners and warm up food. Do well and goes well. Please use this as well to warm up TV dinners smaller than most. Test them and see what is best. Go.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

The Microwave on the whole works well but the interior turntable is awful. Always slips and you have to continually reset. I complained and they sent a new device but it’s the same and does not stay in place.

Original review: July 26, 2021

I purchased an over-the-oven microwave in November 2020 (Model # WMH31017HZ). It worked until March 2021 then began tripping breaker. The Safety department at Whirlpool stated that I have to get a dedicated circuit. After spending an enormous sum to get that dedicated circuit the microwave worked until April when just opening the door caused a spark that the electrician and I observed. By now I am sure that I purchased a defective unit but Whirlpool was not believing it. (As as aside, expect to stay on hold for at least 10-30 minutes when you call Whirlpool).

May 7th the serviceman from Guincho ordered parts that was needed to repair the oven. As of May 30th the part still had not arrived. Finally, after multiple calls and excessive hold time, Whirlpool agreed to refund my purchase price and as of this writing on July 26, 2021 I have not received it. In the meantime I purchased another brand microwave and have to look at their defective one until they decide to pick it up. They have lost a customer.

Original review: March 9, 2021

In the middle of the evening the door glass spontaneous shattered with nobody around. It's only a 3 year old microwave builder installed in a new home. I've always heard Whirlpool appliances are garbage but this proves it 100 percent.

Original review: March 2, 2021

In my wildest dreams I wouldn't have expected that changing a burned out light bulb on a 7 month old microwave would put us out of commission for over a month. It's been 30 days now and I'm told it will be more than 2 weeks before the part comes back in stock. Whirlpool had such a good reputation years ago, but that's history. This is a disgrace.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

Whirlpool is always my first choice for any appliance. They are of high quality and last a long time. I have never been disappointed with any Whirlpool appliance I have owned over the last fifty years.

Whirlpool author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Whirlpool has a broad range of home appliances available, including washing machines and microwaves. The company is dedicated to helping its customers take better care of themselves and their families.

• Humanitarian aid: Whirlpool has donated a refrigerator and a stove to every Habitat for Humanity house since 1999.

• Combination wall oven: The combination microwave and convection oven is built into the wall to resemble a traditional oven.

• AccuPop: Using a sound sensor, the microwave detects the correct time to stop cooking popcorn.

• Steam cooking: Steam settings let you steam vegetables or add moisture to any dish.

• Extra-large capacity: Whirlpool goes a step beyond most large-capacity sizes with this 2.2 cubic-feet model.

Whirlpool Microwave Ovens Company Information