We-Pack Moving

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I hired We-Pack Moving to service my move for the following reasons. They offered the lowest “VERIFIABLE” guaranteed price. (Meaning after reviewing all cheaper companies I determined that the price they gave me would likely go up and even double.) We-Pack was the only company that offered me a price lock guarantee. The representative I spoke to initially was extremely professional and knowledgeable. They were totally upfront about what I could expect from this process. If I requested something that was not possible, they didn’t hesitate to tell me the truth, even if I didn’t like it.

It also helped that I found no negative information about them online. Even the most trusted movers often have unhappy customers, however We-Pack’s reputation was practically flawless. Maybe it’s because they have only been in business a few years, but either way… The service was great and the price was fair. I’d certainly encourage anyone in need of a mover to contact We-Pack and set up your move without hesitation. On a Side note. We have just arrived to our new home and our furniture was delivered in excellent condition. We do not even have cable/internet hooked up in our new place yet, however I made to sure to find local internet nearby to access so I could leave my feedback for this move. That's how great it was!

3 words...White. Glove. Service. Top of the line movers. They wrapped everything perfectly. They were on time and polite. I made the mistake of telling them initially that I would have all of the packing done when the movers arrived on move day. Unfortunately I became overwhelmed with so many tasks as the move date approached and I never completed the packing. When the crew arrived, they had plenty of extra materials in the truck just in case. Thankfully they were fully prepared for an unprepared customer! They were amazing.

I moved with We-Pack last month and it went unexpectedly well. I learned A LOT a few years back when I hired a not-so-good cheaper company without doing much research. To anyone reading this - take my advice - if you're looking for a smooth move, you get what you pay for! When I moved a few years back with my family over 3000 miles cross-country with the "affordable mover" they actually ended up delivering my stuff almost 3 MONTHS later on top of that most of my items were damaged and they even had the nerve to ask for more money at the end, the experience was a joke.

This time around when the movers arrived (on time) everyone was very friendly, and helpful they did a great job taking the time to wrap our stuff and make sure it was protected. We stayed in contact throughout the process, and I even had the drivers number. My items were delivered in 10 days which is 4 days shorter than the 2 weeks I was quoted. Delivery was smooth, quick and painless. If I ever decide to move again, I know who I'm going with. Highly recommend.

I had a great experience with my move from start to finish! The salesman took his time and guided me through the entire process all the way up to the day before the move. We-Pack was very detailed creating my inventory list and even had me take measurements of the inventory to ensure that I had the most accurate pricing. When the movers showed up they were very efficient and really took great care in packing and wrapping my fragile items. When they came to deliver it was stress-free and they set up my home and did a fantastic job. This was a very stress-free move and I highly recommend We-Pack to anyone.

Resolution In Progress

Resolution response: May 10, 2017

We-pack moving I did have severe issues but I may have jumped the gun on talking about their customer service side of the equation. They took the time of listening to my complaints and acting upon my frustrations. The number hung they want you to know and I feel honestly it is the truth is they want the customer to feel like they are taken care of. They want to know what they did wrong and how they can fix it not just for myself and my family ( which is appreciative ) but for what I wanted my review to serve with in the first place which is making sure others do not go through what we did. After speaking to them now they truthfully want to make sure we are happy and satisfied plus they are helping me still with other issues I have due to no incentive on their part. Now I can truthfully say that I got the same caliber of treatment the other reviewers did and they stand by their words of making sure the customer is truly satisfied.

Original review: May 5, 2017

We-Pack are a moving brokerage company, not a moving company themselves. Something I wish I had known before dealing with them but on this fact the fault is mine. I should have done better research than reading simply the reviews they had on ConsumerAffairs and other moving sites. My experience is more like Zoya before she re-reviewed and voted for them. To begin with when you book a job with them they are very reachable, keep calling, making sure you are happy and will do whatever they can to keep you interested in booking with them.

After they get initial payment that is when all the niceness and professionalism went out the door. To begin with I have no problem with them outsourcing their job to an outside company. If this model works for them and they sent it to a legitimate moving company I would not be writing this mail. They explicitly say on their "binding estimate " that as long as you do not add more items then you will not be charged more than this fee. Sounds simple and honest enough and we not only stuck to what they proposed, we could not even bring all the stuff we had booked with them to take.

Anyway I digress. On the day of the booking this rag tag moving company shows up and says they are here for the move. They start off right away saying that this is going to cost more money than what was booked (first red flag). He claims it will cost 400 to 500 more dollars. He then whips out a blank estimate sheet and tells my wife to sign (which thank god she did not do. This is second red flag). As soon as they get there my wife reaches out to We-Pack moving contact and send many e-mails to them and he keeps telling her that there is not much he can do but to not worry, he will get it into the right people come Monday.

Fast forward 12 hours of these movers packing up our house and they give out new revised estimate and states it will be almost double what We-Pack put up on estimate. We say, "How can this be" and he stated that We-Pack undercooked what was to be moved. I looked up and saw that not to do moving by cubic feet because this is how shady movers get you so we demanded to go to weight station five miles away and we would decide new price by how much truck weighs. He refuses saying, "You booked this move as 4 dollars per cubic feet." We said we would call the cops (and we should have but the mover was like, "Do you think we will still be here and we have all your stuff so you are going to pay us 11k." So this review though is not about the movers but about We-Pack themselves.

We sent mail about the movers before they left to the "broker" and got no response until Monday morning where he said, "I have given it to the people who need it and they will get it sorted for you, just give us some time." I say, "Sure, not a problem." That is until that night when the moving company calls and says, "We will be there tomorrow morning, you need to give us the rest money if you want your stuff." Starting from that moment on calling any number they have listed it went straight to voicemail and nobody calls you back. In fact the only way I finally got a live voice is when I called the number on ConsumerAffairs to book a new job.

This started ball rolling where once again they said they were working on it and they would get it sorted. We provided to them what the movers had listed on their sheet and how ridiculous it was and how we had not added anything different to the list that they added. They said they would work with moving company and "come back to us." We were told that one, everybody had complaints and that what they are complaints not legitimate issues or ways that they did not do what they promised and two, not to contact anyone else anymore but them.

24 hours later they (the moving company) agree to take 1000 dollars off the new move but that is best they can do. I have never heard from We-Pack ever again after that call. So do I think that We-Pack is a bad organization? I don't know. They have several glowing reviews and they made Zoya whole. However here are the issues I had and I hope you can learn from. From the first call We-Pack should identify themselves as a moving broker so you know what you are signing up for. Two they should tell you who they are doing the job with so you can decide if you are really getting what they promise.

The movers they sent to us a "F" rated by the better business bureau and on the FMCSA site they have 15 complaints against them. How can you review who is moving you if We-Pack does not disclose who they booked the gig to. Worst of all you can not access your estimate after a move has already started to try to prove what the move is doing is wrong or that the company has all the items given to them. Most importantly make sure you have a dedicated contact who you can reach and speak to.

I will give them that in the fine print that a lot of the issues we had are mentioned on there. But I can not let them off by them sending us such a horrible moving company nor the fact that you can not reach them by phone and they do not call you back even when you do leave a message. However this is what happens to myself and my family, you might be one of the people who gets the great service the other reviewers crow about. I really hope you do get what the good side because my wife and I are still traumatized by how awful this went.

Hopefully for you live up to their Statement on why choose us from their website. "Our team is dedicated to making your move as stress free as possible. We don't cut corners and we don't settle for anything less than the best. When it comes to moving, your satisfaction truly is our number one priority." We most definitely did not get any of this. In fact I have never heard back from them to see how we were feeling from the drop off of the stuff to if our issues were resolved.

Resolution In Progress

If you plan to move long distance or local, PLEASE stay away far, far away from We-Pack Moving. I checked around and received 4 quotes including a quote from Richard **, Relocation Specialist at We-Pack Moving. He told me he would work with me from start to finish and that I could contact him directly throughout the process. He lied about everything (I have many texts and emails to prove it). On moving day he was missing in action and wouldn't reply to any of my texts. Furthermore, he outsourced the job to another moving company (Best Price Moving) without mentioning that to me. When I asked he said, "Don't worry, they are our sister company and they have all your information."

Nothing in my contract mentioned transferring to another company!!! The new company honored nothing that this Richard told me. All Richard ** did was LIE to me so I would sign the contract with his company. Also, now I was speaking to a man name George at Best Price Moving who said he didn't know who Richard ** was! OMW! I called WE-PACK because I was extremely dissatisfied and was told by Nadia in customer service that, "We are sorry he lie to you but there's really nothing we can do for you". She later said send us an email with your complaint! Wow, how SAD? My worse moving experience ever! I would never refer them to anyone EVER!! !

I'm just getting settled in Miami, FL after a 3-day road trip from NY to FL and unpacking my 45 cartons of personal household goods that We-Pack Moving shipped to my new home... My shipment arrived only 2 days after I did and right on schedule. My shipment arrived exactly when you said it would and all together and in perfect condition. Everything you promised me was fulfilled.

I researched many shipping companies before I decided on We-Pack Moving and heard many horror stories about LTC (less than container) shipments that got lost or damaged, but your quote - one of the two lowest I received - somehow convinced me that you really cared about fulfilling my expectations. Your people are great too - Eyal was very professional - his people ran, not walked - and when he saw that one large wardrobe carton was partially crushed he immediate stopped and opened the carton to determine that nothing was damaged in any way. He cared... and you cared... and We-Pack Moving is the shipping company I will be recommending to everybody I know! Thank you for your terrific service.

On behalf of my Mom and I, I want to tell you how professional, courteous, accommodating your men were on the job yesterday. They were so helpful, in a very stressful situation. My Mom and I were forced to vacate our Mobile Home. The community is closing and my Mom is moving to a one bedroom condo. She has a lot of stuff, living there since 1979 and everything got there without incident. Please thank them again for us. Happy Holidays.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about We-Pack Moving?

We-Pack was my first choice simply due to the rep I dealt with. He was very informative and detailed in explaining the process and charges. My move (NJ to AZ) overall went smooth with a couple of minor hiccups. Based on my previous experiences with other companies We-Pack was great. I would use them again.

We book a job from Chicago IL to Atlanta GA with We-Pack. The mover they send us was very professional and courteous, they pack and wrap everything with careful and care. The delivery come within 3 days. A job well done. Thank you We-Pack for the easy moving experiences.

Prior to hiring We-Pack for my move, I thoroughly considered all options. Even with all the positive reviews on We-Pack, I was still hesitant to hire them because they did not offer to perform an "on site" estimate. I was concerned because our move was HUGE and the last thing I wanted was for there to be an issue because the estimate was off, financially or logistically. The estimator did a great job at explaining to me why it wasn't necessary to do an on site survey because of the method they use to price the move. They don't charge by weight like a lot of their competitors. They offered a price that was guaranteed as long as the I provided them an accurate inventory list. And guess what, he was right! I decided to trust them and am very satisfied with my decision!!

They showed up on time, packed professionally and delivered without any issues and we didn't pay anything over the initial estimated price (not including the tip of course!). After a 2,000+ mile move you might expect some minor complications however it wasn't the case. I dealt with total professionals from start to finish. Highly recommending them to friends, family & strangers!

Resolution response: May 12, 2017

Although there were several complications with the agent that serviced our move, We-Pack did everything they could to quickly resolve the issues to the best of their ability. We were unhappy with the service provided by the local agent and as a result, We-Pack compensated us fairly, they also terminated their relationship with the agent that serviced our move to prevent these issues from recurring for future customers. Although I would not recommend the agent they used for this move, because they are longer working with that agent, I would recommend We-Pack Moving to anyone in need of a mover.

Original review: March 30, 2017

They are not the movers But brokers. Extremely dishonest and poor customer service. When call goes onto voicemail every time. Estimated Way under to lock in the customer but on the day the price was almost double jumping from $2600 to $4500. Their customer service rep were to contact me as my stuff were loaded onto the van waiting and never did. Avoid at all cost. I moved from NYC to WA state prior to pick up and my husband went back to meet the movers. IF we did not have a baby and were not desperate to get her stuff, On principle alone I would have lost my $1000+ deposit and told them to get lost.

Everything about the move was completely seamless and headache free. Our moving experience couldn't of turned out better. We were transitioning from Chicago, Illinois to South Florida. This move was worth every penny. The crew was very polite and worked hard to carefully move my furniture and boxes. I would highly recommend this organization. I priced out several companies and this one was the best! In case we'll need movers again, I'll go with them. Thank you for all the hard work.

My move was delivered yesterday and everything is in excellent condition. My main concern was the condition of my items after the move. I even purchased $300,000 full replacement value coverage for my items. Turns out I didn't need it but I'd rather be safe than sorry. The crews on pick up and delivery were professional and hardworking. I can't imagine a better moving experience. If you're reading this because you're shopping for a mover, you can end your shopping right this moment. Call We-Pack and get the move you're looking for.

We moved our 6,000 sq ft home from Southern California to Denver, CO. This was a major transition for us and we were in need of a relocation company that would not cut corners. I'm very satisfied with the service. We had 1 point of contact from day 1 until the move was completed. That really made a difference. We felt that they really cared. I'd recommend them to anyone.

I met the founder of We-Pack Moving about 10 years ago. He's used his knowledge and experience gained in the moving industry to develop a brokerage that enables a seamless moving experience for anyone, no matter where in the country you need to move. We-Pack prioritizes customer satisfaction above all else. They manage your move like no other company can.

Our company just signed an exclusive contract with We-pack Moving. After careful determination, we found that they will be able to meet our company's relocation needs effectively and affordably. We have spoken to references that have moved dozens of employees with We-pack and were happy with the end result. We look forward to building our relationship with We-pack.

I needed help with a long distance move. It was my first move. After looking online I found We-Pack. They were able to help me with my budget and get me a discount. There were a lot of cheaper companies that I had quotes from but after researching more I discovered that all the cheaper companies had bad reviews online. We-Pack had only positive feedback. Everything was as advertised.

I obtained quotes from 5 movers and attempted to make a decision on who to hire by carefully examining the estimates and the company reputations. After my research, I ended up with more questions than answers. Between all the fine print and bad reviews, I threw out the 5 estimates and called a friend of mine who's an executive at a major corporation. He told me they use We-Pack Moving to move relocate their people. I called them and in a matter of minutes I hired them to handle my move. They did a great job. Glad I found them. Would highly recommend them.

No matter how well a move goes, it will never go exactly according to plan. I've learned that from being in the military and having to move every 2 years for the last 20 years of my life. That being said, when I made my most recent move I hired We-Pack. That move went better than most moves I've made in my life. The 3 most common issues I've faced with movers in the past are price increasing at pick up, lack of communication throughout the move, damage to furniture. I am pleased to inform you that I faced none of these issues with We-Pack. They were excellent.

We had to move on a last-minute notice and were not sure who to turn to. After asking friends and family who to use, I was referred to We-pack Moving. We called them and were connected to a relocation consultant. He was very helpful and was able to find truck space for us. The movers showed up and packed, loaded and delivered on time. It was a great move.

When I first approached We-Pack I was told that they don't usually move small residences. I had a 1 bedroom apartment to move and I wanted to make sure I didn't get screwed by a shady mover. The guy at We-Pack was able to get me on a truck they already had headed towards my destination. They delivered everything quickly and safely. It was a great move.

I had never hired a moving broker before and so I wasn't sure what to expect. I usually look for a local mover in my area. The problem with local movers is that they often are not experienced in coordinating long distance moves. We-Pack only performs long distance moves. They know how to properly handle the logistics of moving across the country. The We-Pack agent that moved me was awesome. Everything happened precisely how it was explained to me. I always like to include the positives and the negatives in my online reviews in order to give the reader a fair, honest and unbiased view of the service or product... That being said, I can honestly say that in this case....I really have nothing bad to say. You can't go wrong moving with these pros.

I usually don't write reviews but this company did such a great job I felt the need to write this review! Great customer service and experience with this company, would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a moving company!!! I would like to thank the owner David and his staff for the great experience.

We-Pack Moving Company Profile