4.88/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

We-Pack Moving

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

We pride ourselves in being the most affordable premium moving service provider in the country. At We-Pack moving, we don't believe moving should be stressful. Specializing in long distance, out of state moves, our team of dedicated relocation specialists can do as much or as little as your family needs. We offer a white glove service, ensuring your belongings are handled with care from start to finish. With the best trained movers in the industry, coupled with our dedication to make your experience as smooth as possible, we make and keep promises that the competition can't match.

Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 11, 2017

66 We-Pack Moving Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I've moved about 10 times in the last 20 years. This is the worst experience I've ever had and the first time I'm having to pursue insurance/legal action. They provided a quote that wasn't accurate. A subcontracting company showed up and doubled the quote only after everything was loaded on the truck. Then told me they would dump everything on the street if I refused the new quote. The secondary company has now lost ~$4k in property/items and is not replying to me anymore. Full details below:

7/11 - Contacted We-Pack Moving via Consumer Affairs after seeing a 4.9 rating. Was contacted by Jimmy **, Sr Relocation Specialist. Jimmy told me the following: We-Pack Moving is a full service moving company and they do not sub to other companies (this is a lie). My estimate is based on number of items and has nothing to do with volume so I don't need to worry about how a site review (this is a lie - estimate more than doubled). My items would be delivered within 10 business days after notification as a <1000 mile move (this is a lie - items delivered after 3 weeks). 7/11 - Estimate of 3264.01 received. 1420 paid by me with a requested move date of 7/15.

7/15 - Moving Express & Storage - a subcontracted company arrives. Provide new quote of $8,120 after loading items. Say estimate is volume based and they will dump all items on street if I do not pay half of estimate and agree to total. I pay an additional $3,332 and sign new agreement. 8/16 - Call and send email to Moving Express & Storage to receive items. 9/8 - (23 days later) I receive items. 9/10 - Notify Moving Express & Storage that I am missing multiple items and multiple items are broken I have received. Speak to driver - he is in California and has some more boxes he found. 9/18 - Driver shows up and delivers ~10 more boxes with items. 9/20 - Identify more items missing and call driver who says to contact main phone number. 9/22 - Receive claim form. Boxes and furniture missing valuing over $6k. Currently missing personal items/photographs that cannot be replaced.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

To keep it simple I shopped around for 3 days getting quotes from about a dozen or so movers. I heard everything you can imagine. Some of the guys that I spoke to priced my move around $40K, some as low as $12K... I moved a 9,000 sq ft home with tons of packing, 2 pianos, dozens of antiques as well as a 9ft tall statue. I wasn't just going to hire any crackpot mover for this. There is all kind of BS online about who's good and who's not, it can be pretty difficult to make an intelligent decision but after all was considered, I determined We-Pack was my best bet. It was a bet that paid off... They did the job and they did it well. They come highly recommended by many, including me.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I moved from Tampa to Denver and went with this company. I got an estimate and shopped around a little bit and came back to We-Pack. Mostly because they always picked up the phone to answer my questions. Jimmy and his crew were absolutely amazing getting my things loaded up in Florida. When I got to Denver they did a great job unloading my things and putting the furniture back together. I will use them again in the future if needed.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I was overseas when I found out my wife was pregnant and had to move to make room for the new baby. It was kind of difficult dealing over the phone, but they came on the day they promised and moved every single piece of furniture. They even stopped at our in-laws to pick up some things they gave us for our new home. Keep doing a good job guys. Thank you for a great move!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I contracted with We-Pack Movers in July for a move at the end of August from Dallas, Texas, to Richmond, Virginia. We-Pack is a broker, not an actual moving company. Richard ** was the We-Move representative who worked with me. Richard portrays himself as your friend and advocate, someone who will be with you throughout the entire moving process. In reality, he is there until you sign a contract and pay a deposit. Sometime after that he will begin disappearing. Initially he will stop taking your calls, but will respond to emails or texts. Eventually he stops emailing and texting, leaving you to fend for yourself. Losing your rep is a crucial problem because that is the only direct number you receive for the company. The other number provided is a central number where you invariably end up leaving a message.

The way the We-Pack scam on pricing works is that they play games with how the price of your move is calculated. They first have you list each individual item that will not fit in a box and then estimate the number of boxes that will be required for the rest of your items. The cost of your move is calculated by We-Move based on the number of items and the number of boxes you and your rep estimate. When the movers show up, they do not pack in the same manner as you were directed by Richard to prepare the estimate. For example, you tell Richard that you have a king size bed which he treats as one item.

The movers will say that is a king size mattress, a king size box spring and a frame which they count as three items. Or, you will tell Richard that you have a disassembled vacuum that will fit in a box, but the movers opt to tape it and not box it at all. Or he will tell you that because pictures are boxed, they are not individual items. So, you end up with more boxes, more items or more of both than what you contracted to move.

Then the fun begins. When the mover says you have to pay more for them to move your furnishings, no one at We-Pack is available to help. Your rep will not answer phone calls, emails or texts and when someone else from We-Move finally calls, they are from Operations and take the side of the mover. They blame you, the customer, for underestimating the boxes and/or items to be moved and insist that you pay whatever the mover is demanding. They don't care what Richard told you and accept as fact what the moving company says.

The cost for the incremental items is extraordinary. In my case, they tried to double the cost of the move for what they claimed was missing 7 of 72 items. So, a 10% overage results in a 100% increase in price. In my case I had documentation of why there were no more than 65 items and there should be no additional cost. In the end, if you want your furniture delivered, you have to agree to a higher price.

From my experience, I now know that, no matter who the mover may be, the cost of a move is primarily a function of volume. It's not how many items or how many boxes; it is how much space is required on the truck. We-Pack intentionally underestimates this and then the mover charges you extra. I wish that having to negotiate a higher cost for my move was the extent of my problems. Unfortunately, there is more. In exchange for accepting a 2-day window for when my furniture would be picked up, I received a discount. When I got within 2 days of my moving window, I had not heard from We-Pack, so I called Richard.

When he finally texted me—remember he stops returning call--I asked him what company was moving me, he shared it. While on the phone I looked it up and saw that they were based in Houston which was still in the throes of recovering from Hurricane Harvey. Understanding the magnitude of what was going on in Houston, I asked him if he was positive that the movers were coming the next day. He said 100%, we guarantee it. We have trucks local to your city. Anyone in Houston will probably stay there for now. They were just doing other pickups [in Dallas] yesterday.

As it turned out, the movers were from Houston. After talking with them all day on my moving day, somewhere around 10 pm all communication ceased and they never showed up. As a result I had to reschedule my move and make a special trip back to Dallas to meet the movers. We-Pack never offered any compensation for failing to meet their guaranteed move date or my trip back. They just and left it to me to negotiate the final cost of the move with the mover.

It would be nice to say that you get what you pay for with We-Pack, but simply is not the case. The quoted price is not guaranteed and it is not a realistic estimate. Once your down payment is made communication becomes very poor and sometimes they don't even show up. Based on my experience, I am highly suspicious of the very positive reviews and ratings they have online. They are certainly at odds with my experience and those of many others. I would NOT recommend using them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about We-Pack Moving?

Insufficient response received
    Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I moved in month of June from Chicago to High Point, North Carolina and shared the same itinerary of my stuff and received the quote accordingly with full assembly and packing contract with We-Pack Moving. When the movers came to pick the stuff they increased the price by 700$ from 3800$ to 4427$. Person told me that We-Pack Moving LLC are just the broker and we are the actual movers from Integrated Moving Solutions, Inc. I tried to call We-Pack Moving LLC person Richard ** and left voice messages on 09/13/2017 so that this issue can be resolved but again no respond. As I don't have any other choice as we were moving out from North Carolina, I have to agree to pay the extra charge.

Truck driver who delivered our stuff was one of the most rude person I had ever met. Richard had confirmed me that steps with one floor is free but this guy was charging 75$ for the steps and another 75$ for the distance and demanding 150$ extra. I tried to call Richard, Integrated Moving Solutions INC and We-Pack Moving office continuously but no one picked my call nor responded back. Driver told me that I have 30 minutes and then he will go away. I was stuck in nowhere land and reluctantly agreed to pay another 150$. Now driver put another demand that I need to pay the remaining balance in cash before he will started unloading the truck. He was not ready to listen anything and told me that if I am not going to pay in front he is not going to unload the truck. With no choice left I paid him remaining balance amount before he started unloading.

Truck Driver and his two other guys started unloading my stuff and were very reckless and just throwing all boxes without any concern that those boxes were having fragile stuff. Now while doing unloading they were rudely asking us to move the carton from one place to other again and again. When they starting fixing the bed, the cling of the bed and screws were missing and they asked me to get it from Home Depot. When I went to Home Depot searching for the missing screws and furniture, my wife called me that driver and his man just ran away without reassembling the furniture. They told her that they were just getting the hammer from the truck but never returned. My whole furniture's bad, entertainment set, TV and other stuffs are not assemble and our apartment is complete mess.

I called We-Pack Moving LLC and left the message that drivers ran away but no one responded. I called multiple times and left so many voice messages but was lucky only once when a lady picked my call and told me that she is going to connect with Integrated Moving Solution and will get back to me in 10 minutes. But never received the call from her. I kept calling but all my efforts to reach anyone from We-pack Moving LLC and Integrated Moving Solution, Inc. were fruitless.

Our bed and other furnitures are still not assembled and not in the using condition. Many things have been broken and the list is as follows: Handles of our dining table chairs, entertainment set is broken from various places and screws are missing, our bed cling is missing and now of no use as it cannot be fixed without the cling, spring box is broken, mattress is ribbed, sofa is ribbed from bottom, wardrobe drawers are broken, dresser is locked and not able to open it, table lamp and shades are damage, crockery set is broken, show pieces are broken, second dresser left top drawer is broken, shoe stand is fully into pieces, many fragile glass items are broken into pieces, boxes were open. We are going through such a mental trauma caused by these guys, our furniture is not yet assembled. We have not received our stuffs in the same condition as it was packed.

Factual basis uncertain
    Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Warning: DO NOT USE WE-PACK!! This has been the worst moving company I have ever dealt with! First off I had no idea this is a broker and once they got their share of the money, my representatives Jimmy **, has never responded to any further correspondence. Because he way underestimated me and lied about several options I not only had to leave several items off the list, which I have still not been able to get them to refund those off my estimate... But I also had to pay an additional $2000 to receive my belongings. Most of my furniture has been damaged and I am totally unsatisfied with their service! Not the white glove treatment they promised.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

I was very hesitant to use movers like most people, but I'm so glad I went with We-Pack. They weren't the least expensive but I liked the reviews and the honesty from my booking agent. They took really good care of my furniture and absolutely no damages during the whole process. I will recommend them to family and friends. I did forget to add some items to my original list but they were gracious enough to still move them for me. I'm very picky but this group did a great job.

No response received
    Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

When I called We-Pack, Sean assured me that our belongings would arrive safely and timely; in apx, 10 days to two weeks. We were moving from Illinois to California. He also assured me that the address we provided to them could accommodate an 18 wheeler. Our belongings were picked up and after two weeks I called to see what the delay was. I was given the phone number of our driver, who said he was in Missouri, and that he would be arriving next week. I called the next week, only to find out that the driver was no longer working for them. He was told to return the truck, and could not give me any more information.

I called We-Pack and left a message and an email. A driver called me the next day, and said he would be out but did not think he could deliver our belongings with the 18 wheeler, and that he would need to rent a smaller truck and we would be charged another 750.00. He showed up with just one other person. The street we live on is well used and many trucks drive up and down it. My driveway is 65 feet long and I called the California Highway Patrol and they would allow the truck to park on the street if need be. The driver didn't even try to pull up to the street. Just charged us the 750.00. That said, some of our furniture arrived broken and chipped, with boxes broken. This was a very very expensive move and this company has no allegiance to their client! I will be sending photos. I never got a return email when I tried to explain the situation from Sean.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

My items arrived in the original condition and were placed in the rooms we wanted them in. They also came within the allowed pick up window. This part was very important due to my start date with my new employer. In addition the price just went up by $100.00 from the initial quote due to some packing we neglected to prepare for. Couldn't ask for a better company to help us move. Everything was great.

Factual basis uncertain
    Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES should you use this company. They are NOT MOVERS. We-Pack is a broker company whose website advertises "We pack, we load, we move." In fact they do none of these things. Instead, they provide you with a low ball moving estimate, and once you pay them the deposit the run around starts. At no point in time does the We-Pack sales agent tell you that they are brokers and that your move will be outplaced to another moving company.

Sales agent gave a time and money estimate for the move, both of which turned out to be FALSE and MISLEADING. Moreover, the sales folks make it sound like you just need to call them with any questions at all. Once the deposit paid to them, no one returns calls at all. Eventually I found a supervisor's phone number and he informed me that the move no longer their problem and that all questions need to be directed to the third party moving company assigned to my move. Was the WORST moving experience I have ever had.

Factual basis uncertain
    Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

I dealt with Shawn, from this company when I was moving from Nj to Florida. The first question I asked was were they a broker. First lie from Shawn was "no we own our own trucks." Second lie was in the form of payment. Lied about that. They insist in the initial deposit to be a cash wire transfer! Don't do it!!! It's their commission. This low life Shawn, promised a delivery date - LIE LIE LIE. He promised on my estimate that it included packing. LIE - The shady company they contracted hit me for $1600 more. Then they canceled in the day of my move, forcing me to find another moving company. This is the lowest move you can do to a customer. STAY AWAY and DO NOT DO BUSINESS with this COMPANY!!! I am suing these crooks!!!

Factual basis uncertain
    Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

When scheduling our move with We Pack, we gave a three day window from July 17th to the 19th, Monday through Wednesday. Early the week before our scheduled move, I got a call asking if we could move it up to Saturday or Sunday (July 15th or 16th) and when I told them we could not move it up to those dates it might be another week before the movers could be there. On Sunday afternoon (July 16th) I got a call stating the movers would be there the next day between 9 and 12 and that the first people there would wrap the furniture and that they wouldn't load the items onto their truck. I was told further that two or three other movers would arrive later with a different truck to start the loading process because the first group did not have a large enough truck for our items.

The first truck arrived in the afternoon, well after their original time of 9-12 and phone calls to their boss and the two movers started loading our belongings onto their truck; they also said they didn't know anything about other movers coming. The lead mover provided me with a stack of paperwork to complete. Most was self-explanatory and expected but the insurance form made it clear there was no option to opt into the higher cost insurance and the new estimate page was completely blank. I did not sign the new estimate at that time because it was blank and said not to sign it blank and because I had no reason to believe there would be additional charges at that point.

I contacted the movers' boss in the afternoon and again in the evening to find out about the other movers and truck and it became clear they would not be coming. As the evening wore on and the movers indicated not everything would fit onto the truck, we set aside several boxes, two filing cabinets, a pool table, and a freezer, and told the movers those items did not need to go. At that point the lead mover said he thought they would be able to finish that night as a third mover joined them at this point. As it was around 9pm we left to go to a hotel for the night with our 22 month old daughter and our dogs, just asking that the movers lock the door on their way out.

The next morning my husband came back to the house first and the door was unlocked. The freezer in the basement was also gone, while items that he had specifically pointed out that needed to be loaded were still there. The movers arrived in the afternoon, several hours after we tried getting in touch to find out what time they would arrive, with an empty truck and continued to load items. At the end of a long day and much later than expected as the two movers never received additional help, the movers asked my husband to sign an additional form for an updated estimate. The form specifically said not to sign unless the new estimate was filled out, and the lead mover continued to pressure him to sign, also saying it wasn't his job to give a new visual estimate. He also said his estimate was that there might be 2500 cubic feet.

He then called his boss for more information and his boss, without seeing our stuff, said definitively that it was 2700 cubic feet. Both my husband and I refused to sign the estimate because it did not accurately reflect what it was saying, what the boss was saying, or what we were seeing in comparison to the original estimate and current inventory list. We eventually signed after marking it as non-binding and noting that we did not receive the estimate or information prior to the items being loaded onto the truck as the form said. Our problems with the estimate are as follows:

1) The new estimate says we were over by 80 boxes and 20 furniture items. This would place us at 506 items as our original estimate was for 406 items. The inventory shows us at 480 items. 2) We agree we were over in boxes. However, small boxes are not the same as the furniture we removed from the original estimate (pool table, large filing cabinet, small filing cabinet, several large boxes and the freezer which was moved after we asked for it to not be).

3) We were asked to sign the blank estimate before the movers even walked through the house, indicating they were planning on charging more from the beginning. 4) Some of the items on the inventory should not have been moved in the first place (the movers were told not to move them and they were well marked to not be moved) and others are small items that do not take up much space (sleeping bags). 5) The estimate was completed by someone who was not present and did not seem to be basing it on anything in particular.

Throughout this process we tried to get in touch with We-Pack customer service but did not hear back from them until the next day. We were continuously told if we had more items than the original estimate we would be charged more and that was the end of it. As we were on the road out of state we agreed to let Nadia email us a copy of the inventory and we could look at that and deal with things from there. We never received that inventory.

Upon scheduling our delivery, I asked for our items to be delivered on the 21st of August. Nadia explained that the movers have 6 business days from the requested day to deliver our items. She suggested that we select the 16th as our requested day, but I was worried we would not yet have keys to our new place if they delivered at the beginning of that time frame. We agreed to select the 18th as the requested day. She said everything was set.

As our move date came closer, we began to need a more definitive date because of all the moving parts involved in a move of this size. My husband tried contacting We-Pack multiple times on the 17th and 18th, but did not talk to anyone until his second call on the 18th. He was told he needed to call the dispatcher in order to release our items from storage. When he did that, the dispatcher has no idea about the 6 day window and told my husband that he would do his best to get our things to Columbus by this Friday.

Due to our previous communications with this company, we have no faith that our items will make it to us in any sort of a timely manner. We also have no faith we won't be charged even more when they arrive. We have finally been in touch with a real person at WePack and were told our items may be here next week. No one can give us a date or a price for when our items will be delivered.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
    Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

I almost never leave reviews, especially not poor ones, but We-Pack was terrible. I also want to leave this review because I hired them based on reviews from this site, and am extremely disappointed. Do not use this company, at least not in NYC. We-Pack was pleasant in booking three months in advance but then as soon as I needed them to be responsive they were nowhere to be found. I needed a certificate of insurance in order to move out of my building and use the elevator, and despite my desperate coordination it was not produced until the night before the move.

We-Pack subcontracted to a terrible moving company in NJ for my NYC-Baltimore move, Moving Express and Storage, who tried to charge me TRIPLE what I was quoted and had totally different policies than We-Pack had communicated to me, including an "elevator fee" (?) and a required 15% gratuity, which was taken based on the triple-price quote. I felt totally beholden because, hey, they have all my worldly possessions in their hands. I feel scammed and taken advantage of, possibly because of my gender and youth.

Worst of all, I have never seen such a poor packing job - all my belongings, shoved into huge boxes, framed artwork unprotected, broken heirlooms. I ended up paying over double what I was quoted - $5600 for a studio apartment! I have written an email with details and photos, and a week later have yet to hear ANYTHING from We-Pack. Terrible experience.

We-Pack Moving response

Elizabeth, we greatly apologize for any inconveniences you experienced and we are grateful that we were able to quickly address your concerns and resolve your concerns to your complete satisfaction. We-Pack performs thousands of long distance moves annually and sometimes things don't go exactly as planned, when that happens, we do our best to quickly and compassionately resolve any issues to the customers complete satisfaction. Once again, we thank you for that opportunity.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

I read a lot reviews on this website for all the "top rated" movers. After reading carefully and intelligently comparing the movers to each other, I recognized a significant difference between We-Pack and all the other movers. All of the "accredited movers" seem to have a mix of mostly positive reviews, along with some negative reviews. We-Pack however has only positive reviews. How is this possible? That's the question I asked myself. I realized after reading the reviews from We-Pack that in fact they did have all 5 star ratings from their customers, and most impressively, there were some reviews left from customers that initially represented a "less than amazing" experience, but We-Pack quickly addressed the concerns to the customers’ complete satisfaction and the customers in turn, updated the rating to 5 stars to reflect their satisfaction.

That is nothing short of amazing. When you look at every other mover on this site, they just let the bad reviews go unnoticed, or they reply with a less than sympathetic template response. We-Pack doesn't do that. That's why I hired them. From the day I called the company to the day they delivered my items in perfect condition, the process could not have gone better. I am truly impressed with their performance. Anyone considering, do your homework. You will see that any issue that a customer has, it's quickly addressed by the company. You will see that that's not the case with any of the other movers.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
    Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

We-Pack Moving is a broker. Unfortunately for our family, we saw that they had sterling reviews and went with them based off of that. We-Pack Moving based our estimate off of a virtual walkthrough & Facetime. My wife stated multiple times that she was uncomfortable going through with this estimate (as she felt it was too low), but was assured that everything would be fine. After signing the original estimate for $7441.30, we didn't hear anything from this company or the company they subbed the contract out to until we tried to make contact with them. Four days before moving and not having any idea who was coming to move us we tried to contact We-Pack Moving.

Between myself, my wife and my mom we made over 40 phone calls without getting in touch with someone. Finally, we placed a request a moving quote in hopes that someone would finally call us, it was because of that false request we were able to get a hold of someone. They informed us that Rolls Van Lines / ADI Moving and Storage were going to be the movers. After the fiasco with the movers themselves, our final bill went up to $9700.00 (up $2200 from the original estimate). Our contract stated that we were going to have our entire house packed for us and moved. I called We-Pack Moving to inform them that the moving company didn't fulfill their contract as they failed to both pack and move the garage.

So, we had to pack, store and move over 600cf of goods to our new home. We-Pack Moving sent an email asking to know what was left behind. After replying to that email, and sending a text message to the relocation specialist I was speaking with, we never heard anything back. I called the relocation specialist and he stated that he never saw the email, even though I texted him that I looked forward to a reply (the phone number was good, as we had previously sent texts back & forth). In our case, the folks at We-Pack Moving had a hard time returning phone calls, texts and answering any questions that pertained to our move. It is because of the experience we had with We-Pack Moving that we will never use a broker again.

I found the following information out after the fact, but I am passing it on. Please take a look at your contract from We-Pack Moving and make sure that it clearly states whether it's a "Binding" or "Non-Binding" contract. If it's Non-Binding (as ours was) they cannot charge you a "binding estimate fee", which is $699. Binding contracts are based off of cubic feet estimates and can only be changed if the consumer adds or deletes goods from the move; they are allowed to charge a fee for a "Binding" estimate. Non-Binding estimates are based off of weight, because this can vary, companies are not allowed to charge a fee for this. Be aware, both the broker and the moving company they sub you out to may try to charge this fee.

When inquiring about this fee, I got 2 different responses; first was someone trying to explain that this fee can be charged because the weight of the freight may vary. This is the exact definition of a non-binding contract so no fee should be charged. The second response was that I had a binding contract therefore they can charge. I asked why my final bill went up, I was told that I must have added more goods; not sure how that happened as the movers couldn’t take the goods that they were contracted out for and were on the original inventory list. If anything, my bill should have been lower as my family had to pack, store and move the remaining materials that the movers didn’t take.

I suggest to consumers before they move to get acquainted with the DOT and check the DOT numbers from their moving companies to see their records and to ensure they are not operating under an "Out of Service" order from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). Our moving company delivered our goods even though they had an "Out of Service" order for failing to comply with a federal audit. One last piece of advice for consumers, for purposes of moving, make yourselves aware of 49 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), specifically, 375.409. This chapter explains in detail what companies can and can't charge for, how much you have to pay so a company can't hold your goods hostage and much more.

We-Pack Moving response

Alan, we greatly apologize for any inconveniences you experienced and we are grateful that we were able to quickly address your concerns and resolve your issues to your complete satisfaction. We-Pack performs thousands of long distance moves annually and sometimes things don't go exactly as planned, when that happens, we do our best to quickly and compassionately resolve any issues to the customers complete satisfaction. Once again, we thank you for that opportunity.

Factual basis uncertain
    Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

Throughout my move, WePack broke multiple promises made over the phone and in writing by Lionel **, a sales consultant, and Nadia, a customer service representative. Most upsetting is the fact that the company adopts predatory and dishonest business practices to deceive customers into paying for services not rendered. My primary complaints center on two issues: A) the amount I was charged and B) pick-up and delivery.

A) The guaranteed, binding estimate I received from WePack on June 13, 2017 states: “As some estimates provided may be over-estimated to ensure customer protection, you are only responsible for the cost of the actual volume of your shipment, according to your rate per cubic foot. (Subject to a 200 cubic foot minimum). Once reserved your rate per cubic foot does not change.” Lionel reassured me verbally at the initial estimate that I would only pay for the actual cubic feet used on the truck, so I should feel free to overestimate my move. When it became clear that I had significantly overestimated the space needed for my move, I contacted both Lionel via email and Nadia via telephone in an attempt to update my inventory list and estimate. Lionel, the sales consultant, never responded to any communication once I had paid the deposit.

Nadia assured me, again, that I would only be charged for the actual cubic feet used, and that I didn’t need to update the estimate. When I persisted, she said that a sales consultant would contact me to update the estimate (which never happened). She also stated that it is common practice to overestimate the items moved. I have since learned that this is common practice so that WePack may take the largest possible, 100% non-refundable, CASH deposit at the initial estimate. The initial deposit, a percentage of the total estimate, goes to WePack, the broker, and remaining funds go to the mover they arrange.

When the driver came to my home, he insisted that the estimate was the minimum I would have to pay. When I called Nadia the next day to ask about an updated estimate that would reflect a smaller shipment, she made it clear that WePack had no intention of updating my initial estimate. When I protested and threatened to contact the BBB, she said she would work to discount my total. I never heard from her again. The driver charged me the full amount of the initial estimate plus additional hidden costs upon delivery.

B) Regarding pick-up, I was promised a three-day window of July 28-30 and at least 24 hours’ notice of the exact time of the pick-up. On July 24, Nadia called to let me know that the pick-up would happen on July 27 (outside of the initial window). She promised to call back that afternoon with a more precise time. I never heard from her again. The driver never contacted me before arriving at my house. I called the dispatch number for the movers multiple times and was promised, repeatedly at 4:00p.m., 5:30p.m., and 7:00p.m., that the driver was only an hour away. The driver showed up at my home at 9:30p.m. on July 27 and didn’t leave until nearly midnight.

The movers brought cups and trash from fast food restaurants and left them on my floor when they left. Regarding the delivery, the mover again promised a 3-day window and 24 hours’ notice of an exact time. My first contact came on the evening of August 5, when the driver stated that he would deliver my belongings at 8:00 a.m. the following morning. At 9:30 the following morning, the driver called again to say that he would be a few hours late. At 4:00 p.m. the driver called yet again to say he would not arrive until 6:00 p.m. The driver finally arrived at my home at 6:45 p.m. ALONE. One person was sent to unload my entire shipment and reassemble all of my furniture.

Original review: July 27, 2017

We just made our move to Miami (July 10th) with We-Pack's help. It was the best move experience we had so far and we have had so far and we have had quite a few! The moving coordinator Arthur did a virtual walk through of our home with facetime. He gave me a lot of tips to help keep the cost affordable. He was awesome. The loading and unloading went well. The movers were fast but careful. We had a 4th floor walk up and it was no easy task getting our large furniture up the steps but the crew seemed to do it with ease. We tipped them well because they definitely deserved it. I will confidently refer them to anyone who ever needs a mover.

Original review: July 26, 2017

We have an upscale concierge company that handles property management, event coordination and general service needs for high end clientele. Some of our clients include professional athletes, celebrities and busy executives. We recently coordinated a move for one of our clients from NY city to L.A. We had word of mouth recommendations from our associates to use We-Pack Moving. After the move was completed, we were extremely satisfied with the service. We have joined their referral network and will be utilizing them for all of our clients moving needs. Special thanks to Shawn, Steven and Richard for assisting in the move and also arranging our new partnership with We-Pack.

Original review: July 25, 2017

When I leave reviews I almost never leave 5 stars. If the company does a great job provided a great service I will leave a 4 star review. To earn a 5 star review in my book, they have to really blow me away. That's what We-Pack does. They give you a truly enjoyable move. Not only taking the stress and anxiety out of the equation, but adding in compassion and unmatched professionalism. We-Pack is the absolute best of the best. Need a reputable mover? Search no more!

Original review: July 25, 2017

The relocation specialist that assisted me was Sean. He took me through the step-by-step process of gathering all the details of the move to arrange the contract. He made me feel comfortable and cared for. The agent that serviced my move provided me the same comfort, allowing me to relax throughout the process. I can imagine that in the moving business it must be difficult to make everything go smoothly all the time but We-Pack managed to do just that. At least they did in my case! Their reputation speaks for itself. I will utilize their service if I ever need to move again.

Original review: July 20, 2017

The crew was impressive. My move contained items that required extra special attention. A grandfather clock, antique china cabinet and several pieces that have been handed down for generations. My primary concern regarding the whole move was how certain items would be handled. I can finally exhale now after accepting delivery. I'm grateful for the condition of these items specifically, as well as the rest of my shipment.

Original review: July 18, 2017

My wife and I retired 4 months ago. Our house was on the market since and we knew it was only a matter of time before it would sell and we'd be off to Seattle. We wanted to secure a mover in advance so we'd have that handled when the house sold. We chose We-Pack because of their reputation. When the house sold 3 weeks ago, we called them to finalize the dates as we had already locked in our price a couple months ago. They accommodated our needs from start to finish and delivered on all fronts.

Original review: July 14, 2017

Those people were dishonest and misleading. I dealt with Arthur ** who used tactics of a used car salesman. He gave me an estimate. When they came they said I owed them an extra 600 dollars for packing supplies and cubic feet. My furniture has been sitting in New York for two weeks with no sign of a truck going to California. They are brokers not movers and after pocketing half of the cost of the move Arthur ** and We-Pack Moving did a disappearing act. Never never use them. They will promise the moon and not deliver. Among a very sleazy industry they are the worst. Buyer beware.

Original review: July 14, 2017

I spoke with We-Pack on July 3rd to get a moving quote. They provided a quote and sent a written confirmation and were very pushy about getting a 50% deposit via bank wire immediately. I should have known better. Once the bank wire had been transferred, I never heard from them again despite sending emails and leaving messages - no one actually answers the phone. My move is scheduled for next week and I know that they won't show as they have ceased to be in touch since they got the deposit. This operation is a complete SCAM. Most movers take credit cards and an initial 25% deposit. Don't go near this place. FRAUDULENT. I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau and the State Attorney.

We-Pack Moving response

Marie, I had the opportunity to speak to your husband today. In our conversation, we were able to discuss the experience you had with our company.

In our investigation we discovered that you left a voicemail on 7/12/17 that was not immediately returned. We understand that this event led to a distrust in our company. I expressed our apologies and clarified that we had every intention of fulfilling our contractual services, although we failed to return a single phone call. We contacted you 2 days before your scheduled move date to confirm the pick up time, but you had already hired another company to service the move.

We-Pack services thousands of moves annually, our reservations office receives hundreds of daily calls and messages. We assure that all calls and messages are handled properly and any missed calls are returned quickly. We maintain an A rating with the BBB and remain highly rated among national moving companies for providing outstanding services to people just like you, every single day.

We sympathize with your frustration and have initiated a full refund for your payment.

Original review: July 13, 2017

I'm leaving this review because I truly want to express my gratitude towards We-Pack Moving (and Jimmy) for all their help with my move. Without getting too personal, there were some circumstances surrounding my move that made things complicated to say the least. I was in a very difficult position and was totally lost in terms of finding a mover to help me on an extremely short notice. Jimmy was the relocation specialist that assisted me from start to finish. From the very first phone call I had with him, I could tell he was sincere in his intentions to help me (unlike some other companies who employed pushy sales people).

He gathered all the necessary details from me, and gave me all the information I needed in order to ensure my move went smoothly. He was there every step of the way to ensure the movers did exactly what was expected. There was a discrepancy on move day regarding some packing requirements, it only took 1 call to Jimmy to clear everything up. They get 5 stars from me for promptness, honesty and professionalism.

Original review: July 10, 2017

Superb move. I hired We-Pack in March to move my home. Before I made my commitment to them, I did my research to ensure that I was making an intelligent decision. I found that they didn't have a lot of complaints that other movers had about price increasing or damaged items. They also have a good standing with the BBB and other 3rd party agencies. These things, along with the representative's thorough questioning and communication led me to trust them. I have since been delivered and I can say with total certainty that I made the right choice! I'd make it again if I ever have to.

Factual basis uncertain
    Original review: July 6, 2017

Normally I don't take time to review things unless a company goes over and above or are so poor that I don't want someone else to make the same mistake. Unfortunately We-Pack falls into the latter scenario. All the fears that I harbored about having a bad move have come true. I selected We-Pack based in part on the reviews on this website and I regret it. The issues with We-Pack can be split into two categories: 1. We-Pack's poor customer service (after your stuff is picked up) and 2. We-Pack subcontracting the execution of the actual move to low quality moving companies.

Regarding #1, the only smooth part of my move was the initial sales call and the reassurances that I received. My biggest concern was how long it would take the moving company to get my stuff to my new home. We-Pack will tell you that contractually they have 10 business days but that in reality your stuff will get there in Insert Whatever Time Frame You Want to Hear. Once your stuff gets picked up, the answer reverts back to your stuff will arrive within 10 business days but I can’t give you an exact date. Note: my stuff will take the full 10 business days.

We-Pack also told me that my stuff was going to be driven directly from the pick-up point to my new residence. Do not believe this, my stuff was driven from the pick-up point in Ohio to for some reason New Jersey and has been sitting in a warehouse for over a week (note: my new place is in North Carolina). My stuff is going to take the full 2 weeks if I’m lucky, a fact that I only found out about after calling the subcontracted moving company directly. Once your stuff is picked up, dont expect anyone from We-Pack’s customer service team to help you or even call you back. It takes about 15 calls to We-Pack’s customer service rep Nadia to equal 1 call back. I hope you’re not busy with other things.

Regarding point #2 above, We-Pack also put me in a bad situation by utilizing Most Valuable Movers. I have a 1100 SF apartment and it took the moving team 12 full hours to finish packing and loading my stuff into the truck. The guys were nice enough but one of the two movers was an amateur, my apartment was literally the first move he’s ever completed. His inexperience caused friction with his partner and the two of them almost came to blows. It’s not a good sign when you hear aggressive screaming from the street and you look outside and it’s your two movers standing toe to toe by all your stuff sitting out on the sidewalk.

MVP also sent me a form telling me that my delivery was delayed because I didn’t provide them an address. You have to complete a bill of lading and several other documents all of which you need to list your address for them to leave. Clearly they lost that form and as I haven’t gotten my stuff yet. God knows if I’m going to get everything on the inventory. Maybe they lost that too. Long story short, do yourself a favor and go with someone else even if it’s more expensive. Moving is stressful enough without this level of disregard and incompetence.

Factual basis uncertain
    Original review: July 5, 2017

We urge customers not to hire We-Pack, as they scammed us of our $550 deposit without complying with the terms of the contract. We-Pack gave us a binding estimate by phone and reassured us that there would be no extra charges. The sales rep Arthur reassured us that we would have 200 cubic feet of space and that as long as our items fit in that space, there would not be any extra charges. He told us it was volume, and not weight, that determined the cost. We submitted a $550 deposit. When the movers arrived, they pulled up in a U-haul truck with no room left for any of our furniture -- not even close to the 200 cubic ft stated on the binding estimate. The movers demanded $700 dollars more to move the items because they were heavier than expected and refused the job.

We asked for our refund back, because We-Pack had not fulfilled the terms of the contract - they had not provided 200 cubic ft of space. They had not honored the binding estimate and refused to move unless we paid $700 more. They offered to "discount" the price to $600 -- bringing the total cost of the move to over $2000. When we followed up by email and calls to Arthur, we never received a response.

Nadia, the customer sales manager, flatly told us that there were no refunds on the $550 deposit -- even though we had received no services. She even accused me of falsely representing the items that were to be moved, and told us that we had cancelled the contract and were no longer her customer. We have not heard back from the supervisor/owner Mark, and have received no satisfactory customer service. We-Pack duped us of $550 and refused to return it. I would highly recommend avoiding a moving broker - definitely stay away from We-Pack-- and going directly to a reputable moving company.

Original review: June 22, 2017

I've been a residential realtor for 20 years. I work with one of the largest firms in the Southeast US. Not only have I used We-Pack to move myself but our company recently finalized an agreement with We-Pack to refer all of our clients making long distance transitions. My company paid for my move when they relocated me from Florida to Oregon, and once more from Portland back to the east coast in GA where I currently reside. Both moves were flawless, it's the same service our clients have received.

They are consistent and professional. Most importantly, when there is an issue, they manage it and resolve it. Unexpected things can happen when making huge moves across the country, but it's not about perfection every single time, that's just not a realistic expectation. It's about doing right by the customer and although complaints are extremely rare with We-Pack, our company judges them by how they resolve any issues that occur and I can vouch for many of my own clients they've moved when I say We-Pack Moving a quality service provider that puts their customer's satisfaction above all else.

We-Pack Moving Company Information