5.00/5
  • 1 star
Based on 47 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

We pride ourselves in being the most affordable premium moving service provider in the country. At We-Pack moving, we don't believe moving should be stressful. Specializing in long distance, out of state moves, our team of dedicated relocation specialists can do as much or as little as your family needs. We offer a white glove service, ensuring your belongings are handled with care from start to finish. With the best trained movers in the industry, coupled with our dedication to make your experience as smooth as possible, we make and keep promises that the competition can't match.

Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 7, 2017

84 We-Pack Moving Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

My partner and I just made the move from NYC. Great company and an amazing moving crew that doesn't nickel and dime customers. I move a lot because my job requires relocation due to my position as a corporate trainer. I have used this company multiple times and they are yet to disappoint me.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Moving is very stressful and especially when it involves cross country relocation. I was asked by my employer to relocate from NY to TX. after inputting my information on several sites and getting multiple phone calls. I decided to use this company because they sounded the most transparent. From the moment I spoke to the rep on the phone I was given very specific details regarding the moving process. We did not have any hidden cost on move day and all our items arrived in one piece and on time. I highly recommend this outfit to anyone for a long distance move.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Dec. 2, 2017
We-Pack Moving is a broker, not a carrier. Their Rating of ‘F’ from BBB says it all and are NOT BBB accredited. Please verify this company and all your future moving companies with BBB prior to choosing them. We had a terrible experience with We-Pack Moving and would never recommend anyone to choose them.

We moved from Portland, OR to Maryland this past summer of 2017. After very careful and extensive research, we had several quotes and after speaking with Steven at We-Pack Moving, we decided to proceed with them primarily because of their ‘5 Star’ rating with ‘Consumeraffairs.com’ and their assurance.

He never mentioned to us that they were just brokers. He quoted us $8390 after going over each and every single item that we would take along with us room by room. We paid $3000 deposit. He stated that we wouldn’t have to pay anything extra if we went over the limit since we went over everything in detail. Steven also assured us that he would be available to help guide us or answer any questions we might have along the way, however that was the last we heard of him.

On the day of the move it was an entirely different story. GTS Shipping came by to pick up our stuff and we had no idea these were the carriers and We-Pack did not have anything further with us. After they loaded their moving truck, even though there was enough room in the truck, they said only a certain portion of the truck is allocated and they can't take anything beyond that unless we paid them extra. They quoted an extra $3000 (total of $11,355 instead of the original quote of $8,390). We had already left a lot of items at home which were included in the moving company estimate. Once we asked them if they could unload everything and that we would take another carrier, they were charging us a few thousand dollars even to just unload.

In the meantime, we called and emailed We-Pack Moving more than 20 times including leaving voice messages without any response. Finally, Nadia answered the phone and stated that she would return my call after discussing with others and never called me back even after I called them multiple times. Myself and my family felt totally abandoned and deceived. Steven was nowhere in the picture and never returned our calls or emails. Richard emailed us and stated that he will have someone look into it but no response. I called Nadia again numerous times and emailed her including the day after the movers delivered our stuff in Maryland but no response till date from any of them.

We spoke with the GTS Shipping workers on the day of the move and then spoke with their boss who did not budge whatsoever. The workers especially were rude, using foul language and packed our stuff poorly. There was a lot of space left in the boxes. Over utilized the paper packaging for even small items. They took away our clothes which I had set aside and despite us telling them not to pack them. As soon as we left the area, they dumped all the clothes in the boxes and carried them away. We found this out when we opened the boxes at our final destination. Most of the clothes, including those that were just dry cleaned (pants, shirts etc…) and suit were all just stuffed and got extensively wrinkled as though they were going to be laundry. GTS is one of the worst companies out there. GTS Shipping (aka NW Relocation) has a BBB rating of 'D-' and are not even accredited. Please read their reviews on BBB.

I had to sign a statement after all the packing and the truck was loaded that read: ‘I wish to release my shipment to the maximum value of 60 cents per pound per article’. And also ‘Shipper hereby releases the entire shipment to a value not exceeding 60 cents per pound per article’. Please be aware of this statement as you're signing your valuables away. However, this may be a universal standard with moving companies in general. Please be careful sending your valuables with any moving company. By the way, ‘Sunway VanLines’ delivered our stuff in Maryland and we had no issues with them. They did a great job and we even paid them a tip for their services.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

My experience with We-Pack was terrible at every step of the process. I'll give some bullet points, but I detail my experience below. We-Pack misrepresented the delivery timeframe in their discussions with me. While the estimate said "up to 21 days," I relied on their agent's statement that my furniture would arrive within a specified window. We-Pack misrepresented the services included in their quote. I was expressly told that the pricing included a shuttle delivery, but then was told on the eve of delivery that I wouldn't get my things unless I paid an additional $450 IN CASH (sound fishy to anyone else?), which I at least got them to reduce to $350.

We-Pack misrepresented the quality of services they would provide. After initially neglecting to mention they are brokers, not a moving company, they told me (when confronted) they contract out the work, but only with the best movers who compete for We-Pack's business. In fact, the movers were unprofessional at pickup and delivery, would not return phone calls, charged hidden fees, arrived in a Budget-type truck and were in no uniforms (they did not appear to have any professional affiliation), and cursed me out. We-Pack did not honor the insurance, if they actually secured insurance as they promised. My goods were damaged in transit, which I marked on the delivery documents (while the delivery driver argued with me because he didn't want to wait for inspection). No one followed up. I called We-Pack, and they never took appropriate steps to compensate me for the damage.

First, I spoke with Art ** at We-Pack who aggressively contacted me with quotes well below the competition. I told him when I needed to have my things delivered at my new place and he gave me a pick-up date that was around that time. He also mentioned that the quoted price would include shuttle pickup and drop-off, if needed. This sounded great. The primary competitor didn't offer a firm three-day window for a drop-off, and their pricing included a drop-off shuttle, but I was told that I'd be charged extra if the driver determined he needed a shuttle for pick-up. I appreciated the security that We-Pack offered in giving firm guarantees, and decided to pick them over their competitors even though the pricing was roughly the same.

Some things to note about these initial calls that should have been red flags. Art initially spoke as if We-Pack is the moving company. He would say things like "we pack it all up" or "our movers" to make it seem like they handled it all. I only found out from the competitor that they were moving brokers, and Art admitted this only when I brought it up. He had an answer ready, telling me that they had only a handful of businesses that they use, and because these moving companies compete for We-Pack's business, they make sure to do a great job. Art told me I could be assured they only work with the best. This, like everything else, was untrue.

After booking, Art ** became very difficult to contact. I was on a tight deadline for my move, and had only a week between when my job in Texas ended and my new job in California began. I emailed several times to make sure the pick-up would go as planned in spite of storms that were approaching Texas. When I finally heard from Art, he didn't offer to get in contact with the moving company (the identity of which he hadn't disclosed). Instead, he simply told me the company would let me know in advance if my shipment was delayed a day or two in advance.

On the second day of my two-day pickup window, I got a call from the moving company saying they had a crew nearby, but that they weren't sure if they'd be able to pick up my stuff because it was raining. I explained that the rain was light, off and on, where I was and that it was due to continue until after I had to vacate my apartment. She then told me they'd be there in about an hour. So much for the notice; I had to rush packing up the remaining things I left out assuming they'd call me the day before and I'd have time to finish.

The movers arrived in a Budget-type truck and wore no uniforms. The driver cursed me out for 10 minutes because it was raining lightly outside. His mood totally changed when he say I didn't have much to move, but he repeatedly and openly talked about how he expected a tip and was not shy about being particular about the food and drinks I made available. It was a terrible, unprofessional experience. (So much for only hiring the best!).

After they picked up my goods, I got a call from their office saying they'd send a payment authorization form. On top of the moving fee, they charged an large credit card fee without notifying me first. Fortunately, my bank rejected the transaction as suspected fraud, so I messaged them and asked them to charge again without the credit card fee. I didn't receive any response from them for more than a week. Calls to their office to determine where my things were, and in what condition, went unreturned. Calls and emails to Art ** went unreturned, though I did receive one message just noting that things in Houston were crazy given the hurricane (as if I didn't know). He said he'd reach out to them but, to my knowledge, never did until many more calls and emails. At that point, I was heading out to California myself, unsure whether I'd see my stuff again, and Art just directed me to Nadia in their operations department.

Nadia told me that my belongings wouldn't be delivered when promised, as she said the moving company was holding on to them in a warehouse in Houston until the date I was expecting delivery in California. She said that it wouldn't have been possible to get my stuff by the date promised given the pick-up date was only about 10 days before. I told her that Art ** selected that date when I told him when I needed delivery. She said she didn't want to give me anymore "misinformation."

Fast forward to delivery. I had initially planned to accept delivery during the week before my new job started. Because of We-Pack's error or misrepresentations, I was still sleeping on an air mattress in an empty apartment well into my first week on a new job. Despite promises that I'd receive 2 days' notice before delivery (because I needed to notify my employer and reserve a loading dock), I got a call from the delivery person the afternoon before an 8am-12pm delivery. He told me that I would have to pay him $450 cash before he'd deliver because I needed a shuttle. I told him I was promised shuttle service in the quoted price, and he responded simply that We-Pack lied, and that he would put my things in storage until I paid the shuttle fee (and storage fees).

I called and emailed Art ** that day to straighten things out. No response. The next morning I get a text from someone in We-Pack's operations saying that I needed to call them. The call was just to inform me that they'd need a shuttle. According to them, the shuttle fee was $350, not $450. I told them about what I was promised and the person just said she'd "look into it." I was finally able to get in touch with someone at the moving company and got them to tell their deliverer that the fee would be $350, not $450, and I convinced them to allow me to pay by cashier's check, not by cash, so that I'd have a record.

The delivery driver arrived around 11, just an hour before the end of the delivery window, when my loading dock reservation expired. He said he wouldn't take anything off the truck until I paid his fee. When I said I would have to go to the bank to get a cashier's check, he threatened to leave and put my things in storage, since he had other deliveries that day. Certainly, I didn't force him to come 3 hours into a 4 hour delivery window. And I was missing work for that time.

The delivery experience was effectively a two-hour long combative argument between me and the delivery driver, who would complain or blame me for any part of the process that was inconvenient for him. (For example, he argued with me over his believe I was supposed to sign off on the condition of the items before they removed the moving blankets!!!). Many of my things arrived damages. Wooden chairs and tables had dings, dents, nicks in the wood, a standing lamp now leans because its base was bent in transit. My bicycle was also damaged, including having the front tire now perpendicular to the handlebars!

I called We-Pack several times over the coming weeks, trying to resolve the issue. Art called me back one time, called me a liar, said he distinctly remembered that I told him I didn't need a shuttle, and said he was go through the emails and recorded phone calls to determine who is right. I never heard from him again. On several of my calls, I talked to someone named Brittany. She would say "I'll look into this and you'll hear back from someone in a day or two." I have not, to this day, heard from them. I have also called them repeatedly about the damage to my furniture. They have never responded, other than to say they'd contact the moving company. The matter is still unresolved.

After I became convinced they'd never respond, I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. They responded with a false claim that my "signed contract" did not include shuttle service. In fact, I never signed any contract with them. I contracted with them over the phone and they simply sent estimates, which were not signed. The only thing I signed was the furniture list on pickup and then the mover's bill at delivery. I made a specific note on that bill that I did not agree to the shuttle charge. Please be cautious in dealing with this company. If you decide to book, get everything in writing.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

My husband and I are both combat veterans. We-Pack Moving thanked us for our service when we booked our move for Veterans Day weekend 2017. The courtesy and professionalism ended there. Our amateur movers (a group not directly associated with We-Move) showed up at my home yesterday, 11 November 2017 at approximately 0700, and estimated that the packing would take 4-5 hours. They did not leave my house for the new home until today, 12 November 2017 at approximately 1400. Being conservative, it took them at least 15 hours to pack my 1840 sq ft home. On top of this, they left behind a futon, a plant, my toddler's CRIB, and a coffee table with no explanation. My husband is left to scramble with those items at this very moment (I left with our toddler yesterday afternoon, naively thinking my husband was not far behind).

Now comes the kicker, these movers that We-Pack employed to move us are now saying our $4,300.00 estimate will now be approximately $7,000. I am devastated. I feel lied to, taken advantage of, and powerless. I am researching my recourse now to include exhaustive research on true reviews, as the ones on this site seem questionable to me, and interaction with national news providers regarding customer advocacy. I plan to write more about this experience as it plays out. I did attempt to contact We-Pack several times yesterday and today but they are closed and will not help, there is no emergency contact. You must call Monday through Friday after 1000. Stay tuned!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about We-Pack Moving?

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

After the service I received, I had to leave a review! The word I would use to describe their customer service is outstanding. They are truly a 5-star company and have absolutely earned it. They treated me like they’re a small, family-owned company even though they’re actually nationwide. Their prices are reasonable and their skills are exceptional. They were always on time, keeping me up-to-date, and meticulous with my move. I move a lot and have never hired a company that was this good. They really know what they are doing. I would definitely hire them again!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I recently accepted a position at a company which was out of state, so I needed a reputable company to help me move my things. I also needed packing to be included. I have a two-bedroom apartment with a lot of large and valuable furniture and little time on my hands. I did a quick Google search and immediately found We-Pack. The name was what caught my eye. My instincts about the company were confirmed after hanging up with the representative. It was quick, easy, and affordable. I can say the same about the move itself. Before I knew it, I was in my new apartment with my treasured furniture in the exact condition it was before moving. Thank you, We-Pack!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I never write reviews but I was so nervous and they did such a great job I had to. The guys who came to the home were very professional. They all had on nice uniforms and worked very quickly to load the truck carefully. When they got to our new home they unloaded and placed everything in its proper room. We have no complaints. Thank you for doing a wonderful job.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

We moved from a 5 bedroom in Newport beach to a small apartment in Chicago. At first we wanted to do it ourselves since we just retired and had the time but decided to take it easy and go with a moving company. They took an inventory of all my items over the phone and sent it over for us to match up and review. Once we verified everything on the list we booked our move. It was a smooth transition from start to finish. A big thank you to the agent and the crew that picked up our items.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

After calling a local mover we decided to go with We-Pack because of their attention to detail. My reservation agent even gave me his cell phone number in case I ran into issues or had questions. Next time the military requires my family to relocate, we will use them again. We are very glad they lived up to their reputation.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

We used this company and we had zero issues. If we have to relocate again I would definitely use them. Our belongings arrived safely and they did everything they promised on the service contract. I would only ask them to notify customers a little earlier than 3 days prior to the pickup window. Thanks, again!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

What started out as a stressful situation turned out to be a great experience. I had never moved long distance and decided to do so to save time. I had been asked by my children to move closer to them to be closer to my grandson. They live in North Carolina and I live in Florida. I chose this company because the person I spoke with was very personable and explained the whole moving process to me. The movers came and loaded and took my items to North Carolina without damages. I would use them again!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

Not worth expensive broker fee! Find cross country movers yourself. Spent hours detailing each piece of furniture to go on the truck. Was given an itemized list (78 items, 278 pieces). When move day came, our stuff took twice as much space as We-Pack quoted me, despite me putting LESS stuff on the truck. Turns out We-Pack's "item" list is what movers go by, even though each "item" had a quantity next to it (like 11 dining room chairs or 50 medium boxes). So We-Pack quoted me for 1 dining room chair even though my inventory clearly said 11. Complained about their quote and guarantee "Your estimated price is guaranteed not to change unless you order additional services, add additional items." I put less stuff on the truck than I listed on my inventory. Still, they say I was allowed to put 78 items on the truck, and movers clearly list 190 items.

This is because mover’s list accurately has 11 dining room chairs, etc. listed separately. I point out that We-Pack's "78 item" list only accounts for 78 different names for things NOT 78 ACTUAL ITEMS. They just repeat that I put more on the truck than I listed on inventory, which is complete BS. Spent a week talking to people in operations. Was told to talk to a manager I would need to email. Did that three times. No callback. Customer service is terrible. Deliberately obtuse and using vague terminology to get themselves out of their "guarantee." In short, their $3899 broker fee was a complete waste of money, their estimate on my space needed on the truck seemed deliberately inaccurate to get me to book with them. Customer service following the move was terrible, and their supposed guarantees are worth nothing. Lodging complaints everywhere I can find.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

The movers were professional in explaining everything both on pricing and how they would load our furniture onto the truck. The delivery was just as promised. Everything was placed in the rooms and reassembled as promised. The crew cleaned up everything and took all waste to a dumpster. We would definitely use them again, though am hoping this will be my last time my company issues a transfer.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

Did not honor "guaranteed binding estimate." We provided a detailed inventory of what we were moving, including an estimate of boxes. We ended up moving even less stuff and fewer boxes, but instead of the 11k they said it would cost, they charged us over 22k. They say the discrepancy is in the way things are counted. On our inventory, using their system, there are 75 "items," 298 "pieces," including 115 boxes. We-Pack's operations department says the movers go by "items," so we were way over as soon as they'd loaded the 92 boxes we actually used.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

We arranged for a cross country move, promised that our items would be at the destination no later than 14 business days. When they didn't show up we called just to find out that the trucks had never left. They had been broken down and throughout the 2 weeks we had attempted to call for status and were avoided by dispatch throughout the entire process. Now that our items are considerably late by about one month, we now are no longer able to reach dispatch, operations, salespeople, or anyone else. No one will call us back or respond to our emails and we are now left in limbo. Presently seeking to litigate just to obtain our property. Paid $1000 down and then truck drivers wanted credit card as well. We are considering calling the police to secure items while we fly there and get them ourselves. My advice to consumers is if you see this name pop up on your Google search, run the other way!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I moved to Chicago last week from Denver and my items were handled by We-Pack. They did it all. Handled everything with care. Most importantly for me, they gave me a guaranteed price that would not change a penny. That was the most important thing for me because I was moving on a budget.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

This company is a complete scam. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE. DO NOT USE WE-PACK MOVING. They claim to be AAA accredited with the Better Business Bureau. They will straight up lie to you when stating this. They are not. They are not accredited and their grading, based on the BBB, is a D-. The reason for this grade is several complaints just like this one. We-Pack will grossly misquote you, will bald-face lie to you, and then when you have to come out of pocket THOUSANDS of dollars more, they will do nothing but blame and avoid you.

We-Pack "process": They will direct you to their website that shows so many good reviews from Consumer Affairs. They will tell you how great the organization is and that everything will be seamless from start to finish and that "you're not going to have to lift a finger since you paid for a full pack." At this time, your salesperson will be attentive and fully engaged. Your salesperson will put a "complete quote" together based on the items you list in your home. The only problem is that they will grossly underquote this to make them seem like the best value. THEY ARE NOT.

Then, you will be bombarded by phone calls attempting to lock-in your rate. Again, at this time, your salesperson will be fully engaged. You schedule the move date, sign the contract, and pay the required NON-REFUNDABLE deposit. (This is when your salesperson will disappear). Your movers show up and tell you how much they hate We-Pack and how you're going to need much more than was quoted.

Our Story: We were moving a fully furnished, 3000 sq. ft. home that was quoted to only need 1255 cubic feet. Upon questioning of the amount of space needed and quoted our salesperson responded by saying, "This is what we do. All day every day. Trust that the quote is good." We were misquoted on space, amount of boxes, packing materials, and we even had to leave behind multiple items because we couldn't afford anything additional on top of the $5600 EXTRA that we had to come out of pocket.

Our initial move was quoted at a little over $8000 but we received an "early booking discount" that got us down to $6995. However, when the movers got there (whom were not the same company as We-Pack because they are a broker even though they claim to not be) they told us that we were going to need the entire 31 ft. truck space and that it would be $5600 more. Not to mention the fact that they showed up two days late as well to begin our move.

We initially asked if the contents were moved from vehicle to vehicle or put on a freight carrier like a larger truck or train or something else. Our salesperson assured us they didn't move anything from truck to truck or put anything on trains. He assured us that the items and contents stayed where they were until they were received at location. This was also a lie. Our items were transported from our home to warehouse where they sat for approximately a week until they could be consolidated with other families' things that were going to a similar vicinity.

Our salesperson told us that we would more than likely get our stuff in about 5 days. Even after questioning the contract that clearly states the amount of miles and time frames (ours was 2-14 business days) he said, "Oh. That's worst case scenario. That never happens. It'll be there for sure in less than a week." (Here we are. On the third week. Still nothing. Thursday will be our 14th business day. I'm hoping we will have our stuff by then.)

After the experience we have had, I attempted to call numerous times. Upon finding out how much extra the move would cost our family, I immediately reached out to our salesperson, Arthur **. He told me, "He's out of it. Negotiate with the mover." Imagine my surprise when he began ignoring me. He doesn't return phone calls, texts, or emails. I then reached out to the operations team who put the entire thing on me and told me that a misquote was simply based on volume and that it is my fault I had too many things. I got ahold of the GMs name: Wilson (that's all I could get) who did the same thing.

Again, imagine my surprise when I come to find out this guy is a managing partner and part owner. He was left with several messages and his team told me he would return my phone call and never did. I called countless times with no success until one time he actually answered the phone. He blamed me as well and was very rude on the phone. He promised to call me back and never did. I have been waiting for over a week for a callback and I don't imagine I will be receiving one. Bottom line is this: Please do not use this company. They are liars and thieves. They will take your money and run. THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU OR YOUR THINGS AND WILL USE IMMORAL AND UNETHICAL BUSINESS PRACTICES TO GET YOUR MONEY AND DISAPPEAR.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I've moved about 10 times in the last 20 years. This is the worst experience I've ever had and the first time I'm having to pursue insurance/legal action. They provided a quote that wasn't accurate. A subcontracting company showed up and doubled the quote only after everything was loaded on the truck. Then told me they would dump everything on the street if I refused the new quote. The secondary company has now lost ~$4k in property/items and is not replying to me anymore. Full details below:

7/11 - Contacted We-Pack Moving via Consumer Affairs after seeing a 4.9 rating. Was contacted by Jimmy **, Sr Relocation Specialist. Jimmy told me the following: We-Pack Moving is a full service moving company and they do not sub to other companies (this is a lie). My estimate is based on number of items and has nothing to do with volume so I don't need to worry about how a site review (this is a lie - estimate more than doubled). My items would be delivered within 10 business days after notification as a <1000 mile move (this is a lie - items delivered after 3 weeks). 7/11 - Estimate of 3264.01 received. 1420 paid by me with a requested move date of 7/15.

7/15 - Moving Express & Storage - a subcontracted company arrives. Provide new quote of $8,120 after loading items. Say estimate is volume based and they will dump all items on street if I do not pay half of estimate and agree to total. I pay an additional $3,332 and sign new agreement. 8/16 - Call and send email to Moving Express & Storage to receive items. 9/8 - (23 days later) I receive items. 9/10 - Notify Moving Express & Storage that I am missing multiple items and multiple items are broken I have received. Speak to driver - he is in California and has some more boxes he found. 9/18 - Driver shows up and delivers ~10 more boxes with items. 9/20 - Identify more items missing and call driver who says to contact main phone number. 9/22 - Receive claim form. Boxes and furniture missing valuing over $6k. Currently missing personal items/photographs that cannot be replaced.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

To keep it simple I shopped around for 3 days getting quotes from about a dozen or so movers. I heard everything you can imagine. Some of the guys that I spoke to priced my move around $40K, some as low as $12K... I moved a 9,000 sq ft home with tons of packing, 2 pianos, dozens of antiques as well as a 9ft tall statue. I wasn't just going to hire any crackpot mover for this. There is all kind of BS online about who's good and who's not, it can be pretty difficult to make an intelligent decision but after all was considered, I determined We-Pack was my best bet. It was a bet that paid off... They did the job and they did it well. They come highly recommended by many, including me.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I moved from Tampa to Denver and went with this company. I got an estimate and shopped around a little bit and came back to We-Pack. Mostly because they always picked up the phone to answer my questions. Jimmy and his crew were absolutely amazing getting my things loaded up in Florida. When I got to Denver they did a great job unloading my things and putting the furniture back together. I will use them again in the future if needed.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I was overseas when I found out my wife was pregnant and had to move to make room for the new baby. It was kind of difficult dealing over the phone, but they came on the day they promised and moved every single piece of furniture. They even stopped at our in-laws to pick up some things they gave us for our new home. Keep doing a good job guys. Thank you for a great move!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I contracted with We-Pack Movers in July for a move at the end of August from Dallas, Texas, to Richmond, Virginia. We-Pack is a broker, not an actual moving company. Richard ** was the We-Move representative who worked with me. Richard portrays himself as your friend and advocate, someone who will be with you throughout the entire moving process. In reality, he is there until you sign a contract and pay a deposit. Sometime after that he will begin disappearing. Initially he will stop taking your calls, but will respond to emails or texts. Eventually he stops emailing and texting, leaving you to fend for yourself. Losing your rep is a crucial problem because that is the only direct number you receive for the company. The other number provided is a central number where you invariably end up leaving a message.

The way the We-Pack scam on pricing works is that they play games with how the price of your move is calculated. They first have you list each individual item that will not fit in a box and then estimate the number of boxes that will be required for the rest of your items. The cost of your move is calculated by We-Move based on the number of items and the number of boxes you and your rep estimate. When the movers show up, they do not pack in the same manner as you were directed by Richard to prepare the estimate. For example, you tell Richard that you have a king size bed which he treats as one item.

The movers will say that is a king size mattress, a king size box spring and a frame which they count as three items. Or, you will tell Richard that you have a disassembled vacuum that will fit in a box, but the movers opt to tape it and not box it at all. Or he will tell you that because pictures are boxed, they are not individual items. So, you end up with more boxes, more items or more of both than what you contracted to move.

Then the fun begins. When the mover says you have to pay more for them to move your furnishings, no one at We-Pack is available to help. Your rep will not answer phone calls, emails or texts and when someone else from We-Move finally calls, they are from Operations and take the side of the mover. They blame you, the customer, for underestimating the boxes and/or items to be moved and insist that you pay whatever the mover is demanding. They don't care what Richard told you and accept as fact what the moving company says.

The cost for the incremental items is extraordinary. In my case, they tried to double the cost of the move for what they claimed was missing 7 of 72 items. So, a 10% overage results in a 100% increase in price. In my case I had documentation of why there were no more than 65 items and there should be no additional cost. In the end, if you want your furniture delivered, you have to agree to a higher price.

From my experience, I now know that, no matter who the mover may be, the cost of a move is primarily a function of volume. It's not how many items or how many boxes; it is how much space is required on the truck. We-Pack intentionally underestimates this and then the mover charges you extra. I wish that having to negotiate a higher cost for my move was the extent of my problems. Unfortunately, there is more. In exchange for accepting a 2-day window for when my furniture would be picked up, I received a discount. When I got within 2 days of my moving window, I had not heard from We-Pack, so I called Richard.

When he finally texted me—remember he stops returning call--I asked him what company was moving me, he shared it. While on the phone I looked it up and saw that they were based in Houston which was still in the throes of recovering from Hurricane Harvey. Understanding the magnitude of what was going on in Houston, I asked him if he was positive that the movers were coming the next day. He said 100%, we guarantee it. We have trucks local to your city. Anyone in Houston will probably stay there for now. They were just doing other pickups [in Dallas] yesterday.

As it turned out, the movers were from Houston. After talking with them all day on my moving day, somewhere around 10 pm all communication ceased and they never showed up. As a result I had to reschedule my move and make a special trip back to Dallas to meet the movers. We-Pack never offered any compensation for failing to meet their guaranteed move date or my trip back. They just and left it to me to negotiate the final cost of the move with the mover.

It would be nice to say that you get what you pay for with We-Pack, but simply is not the case. The quoted price is not guaranteed and it is not a realistic estimate. Once your down payment is made communication becomes very poor and sometimes they don't even show up. Based on my experience, I am highly suspicious of the very positive reviews and ratings they have online. They are certainly at odds with my experience and those of many others. I would NOT recommend using them.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I moved in month of June from Chicago to High Point, North Carolina and shared the same itinerary of my stuff and received the quote accordingly with full assembly and packing contract with We-Pack Moving. When the movers came to pick the stuff they increased the price by 700$ from 3800$ to 4427$. Person told me that We-Pack Moving LLC are just the broker and we are the actual movers from Integrated Moving Solutions, Inc. I tried to call We-Pack Moving LLC person Richard ** and left voice messages on 09/13/2017 so that this issue can be resolved but again no respond. As I don't have any other choice as we were moving out from North Carolina, I have to agree to pay the extra charge.

Truck driver who delivered our stuff was one of the most rude person I had ever met. Richard had confirmed me that steps with one floor is free but this guy was charging 75$ for the steps and another 75$ for the distance and demanding 150$ extra. I tried to call Richard, Integrated Moving Solutions INC and We-Pack Moving office continuously but no one picked my call nor responded back. Driver told me that I have 30 minutes and then he will go away. I was stuck in nowhere land and reluctantly agreed to pay another 150$. Now driver put another demand that I need to pay the remaining balance in cash before he will started unloading the truck. He was not ready to listen anything and told me that if I am not going to pay in front he is not going to unload the truck. With no choice left I paid him remaining balance amount before he started unloading.

Truck Driver and his two other guys started unloading my stuff and were very reckless and just throwing all boxes without any concern that those boxes were having fragile stuff. Now while doing unloading they were rudely asking us to move the carton from one place to other again and again. When they starting fixing the bed, the cling of the bed and screws were missing and they asked me to get it from Home Depot. When I went to Home Depot searching for the missing screws and furniture, my wife called me that driver and his man just ran away without reassembling the furniture. They told her that they were just getting the hammer from the truck but never returned. My whole furniture's bad, entertainment set, TV and other stuffs are not assemble and our apartment is complete mess.

I called We-Pack Moving LLC and left the message that drivers ran away but no one responded. I called multiple times and left so many voice messages but was lucky only once when a lady picked my call and told me that she is going to connect with Integrated Moving Solution and will get back to me in 10 minutes. But never received the call from her. I kept calling but all my efforts to reach anyone from We-pack Moving LLC and Integrated Moving Solution, Inc. were fruitless.

Our bed and other furnitures are still not assembled and not in the using condition. Many things have been broken and the list is as follows: Handles of our dining table chairs, entertainment set is broken from various places and screws are missing, our bed cling is missing and now of no use as it cannot be fixed without the cling, spring box is broken, mattress is ribbed, sofa is ribbed from bottom, wardrobe drawers are broken, dresser is locked and not able to open it, table lamp and shades are damage, crockery set is broken, show pieces are broken, second dresser left top drawer is broken, shoe stand is fully into pieces, many fragile glass items are broken into pieces, boxes were open. We are going through such a mental trauma caused by these guys, our furniture is not yet assembled. We have not received our stuffs in the same condition as it was packed.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Warning: DO NOT USE WE-PACK!! This has been the worst moving company I have ever dealt with! First off I had no idea this is a broker and once they got their share of the money, my representatives Jimmy **, has never responded to any further correspondence. Because he way underestimated me and lied about several options I not only had to leave several items off the list, which I have still not been able to get them to refund those off my estimate... But I also had to pay an additional $2000 to receive my belongings. Most of my furniture has been damaged and I am totally unsatisfied with their service! Not the white glove treatment they promised.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

I was very hesitant to use movers like most people, but I'm so glad I went with We-Pack. They weren't the least expensive but I liked the reviews and the honesty from my booking agent. They took really good care of my furniture and absolutely no damages during the whole process. I will recommend them to family and friends. I did forget to add some items to my original list but they were gracious enough to still move them for me. I'm very picky but this group did a great job.

No response received
Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

When I called We-Pack, Sean assured me that our belongings would arrive safely and timely; in apx, 10 days to two weeks. We were moving from Illinois to California. He also assured me that the address we provided to them could accommodate an 18 wheeler. Our belongings were picked up and after two weeks I called to see what the delay was. I was given the phone number of our driver, who said he was in Missouri, and that he would be arriving next week. I called the next week, only to find out that the driver was no longer working for them. He was told to return the truck, and could not give me any more information.

I called We-Pack and left a message and an email. A driver called me the next day, and said he would be out but did not think he could deliver our belongings with the 18 wheeler, and that he would need to rent a smaller truck and we would be charged another 750.00. He showed up with just one other person. The street we live on is well used and many trucks drive up and down it. My driveway is 65 feet long and I called the California Highway Patrol and they would allow the truck to park on the street if need be. The driver didn't even try to pull up to the street. Just charged us the 750.00. That said, some of our furniture arrived broken and chipped, with boxes broken. This was a very very expensive move and this company has no allegiance to their client! I will be sending photos. I never got a return email when I tried to explain the situation from Sean.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

My items arrived in the original condition and were placed in the rooms we wanted them in. They also came within the allowed pick up window. This part was very important due to my start date with my new employer. In addition the price just went up by $100.00 from the initial quote due to some packing we neglected to prepare for. Couldn't ask for a better company to help us move. Everything was great.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES should you use this company. They are NOT MOVERS. We-Pack is a broker company whose website advertises "We pack, we load, we move." In fact they do none of these things. Instead, they provide you with a low ball moving estimate, and once you pay them the deposit the run around starts. At no point in time does the We-Pack sales agent tell you that they are brokers and that your move will be outplaced to another moving company.

Sales agent gave a time and money estimate for the move, both of which turned out to be FALSE and MISLEADING. Moreover, the sales folks make it sound like you just need to call them with any questions at all. Once the deposit paid to them, no one returns calls at all. Eventually I found a supervisor's phone number and he informed me that the move no longer their problem and that all questions need to be directed to the third party moving company assigned to my move. Was the WORST moving experience I have ever had.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

I dealt with Shawn, from this company when I was moving from Nj to Florida. The first question I asked was were they a broker. First lie from Shawn was "no we own our own trucks." Second lie was in the form of payment. Lied about that. They insist in the initial deposit to be a cash wire transfer! Don't do it!!! It's their commission. This low life Shawn, promised a delivery date - LIE LIE LIE. He promised on my estimate that it included packing. LIE - The shady company they contracted hit me for $1600 more. Then they canceled in the day of my move, forcing me to find another moving company. This is the lowest move you can do to a customer. STAY AWAY and DO NOT DO BUSINESS with this COMPANY!!! I am suing these crooks!!!

We-Pack Moving Company Information