2. Homeowners

Weber Grills

Weber Grills
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.86/5

Weber Grills Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Weber Grills?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Weber?

Original review: June 24, 2020

Weber Grills combine the tradition and soulfully satisfying urge of men to cook over open flames as we have 100,000 years. While at the same time using scientific and sound logic in their grill. It is simple to use and maintain, it provides a steady even and dependable heat source for grilling anything. I grilled a swordfish steak for my review. Swordfish is very easy to overcook or to leave raw in the middle. This is why I thought it a great test. I used a small amount of brackets surrounding a pan of water placed directly under the fish. What makes weber brilliant is its simplistic approach and not breaking what works so well. The shape circulate the heat in a circulates the heat dependably so the grill Sergeant knows where they can and should where they can place their meat. Love the grill.

Original review: June 19, 2020

Weber BBQs have been around for a long time and they have always been at the top of the list when it comes to grills that use charcoal rather than propane. Priced much higher than most of its type, I've always been very happy with Weber because of their durability. It doesn't pay to "cheap out" on these units; the saying "You get what you pay for" stands tried and true with Weber grills. Paying more for this grill has been worth it for my family, especially when camping out when the grill has been our only means of preparing food. When shopping for grills - for my backyard or a smaller, portable one for camping, I choose and recommend Weber, first and foremost.

Get buying tips about Barbecue Grills delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 17, 2020

I've been using the Weber Performer grill for many years. If you are a fan of a charcoal grill, this is the ideal setup: it is a full-size Weber kettle grill built into a rolling work-station, that has a good-sized working surface and a large, tilt-out bin on the end that will hold an entire Costco-sized bag of charcoal. But here's the super great feature of the Performer: it has a built-in system for gas-igniting the charcoals! There's a standard 1 lb green canister of LP and a electric started button: all you do is mound all the briquets above the end of the burner pipe inside the grill, turn on the gas and push the starter button: this lights a gas fire underneath the briquets! No need whatsoever for lighter fluid or newspaper. You only need to leave the gas on 5-10 mins to get the coals started. Then turn the gas knob off and allow the rest of the coals to catch - this generally will take another 10-20 mins depending on the wind conditions.

Then you're ready to spread out the lit coals (put on your fire gloves!!), put on your grill grating and start cooking! I've found the quality of construction of the Performer to be quite adequate: the locking casters have lasted fine and provide smooth operation. The grating has been redesigned awhile back: now it has fold-up side panels and a removable central round panel that allows very easy addition or redistribution of the coals if needed.

It comes with a really nice cover for the entire unit: this is particularly nice as I don't have a garage or shed available to roll the unit into, so it's got to sit out, exposed to the elements - the cover is doing a great job of protecting it and everything hanging from it and does not appear to be deteriorating. If you're really committed to charcoal grilling, this unit is a very good value, ie, worth the price. I don't know why Weber does not promote this model - I find it a bit difficult to locate in retail locations and generally order online. Also a great house-warming gift for a good friend!

Original review: May 18, 2020

The Weber Genesis II EP-435 GBS in the test At first glance, the Weber Genesis II EP-435 is an impressive gas grill with a huge grill area and a total of 5 burners. But how does he do in tough everyday life? And is it getting hot enough? The Genesis II EP-435 at a glance... or the Genesis II SP-435? First of all, the solution to a little puzzle: How do the two models Genesis II EP-435 and the SP-435 differ? It is actually quite simple, the letter combination S P stands for Weber for the stainless, i.e. stainless steel variant, E P stands for enamel. The 5 at the end of the number stands for unofficial information for the closed Genesis. 35 is in any case the Sear Station - an additional burner between the right two burners. This should generate additional heat for sharp grilling.

Both are double-walled, so it's more a question of taste. My experience is that on the stainless steel models you can see every fat splash immediately, while enamel is a little less susceptible. TIP: Of course, I use stainless steel cleaners for cleaning stainless steel grills. However, fingerprints quickly make the result unsightly again. That's why I then use Neo-Blank *, a cleaner for commercial use. Neo-Blank ensures that a kind of slightly oily protective film is applied to the stainless steel. And lo and behold: fingerprints lose their horror and the pollution is slowed down significantly.

Note: In the past, the question of whether enamel or stainless steel also included the decision of which material the grillage should be made of. This has not been the case for some time. Weber equips every grill with the (from their point of view) optimal grates. And so both the stainless steel variants and the enamel models now have cast gratings. In my experience, the Weber cast iron grates are really excellent. As a rule, you hardly need to maintain them, because the enamelling ensures that they do not rust.

Here you can buy the Weber Genesis II EP-435 * (in black) or the Weber Genesis II SP-435 * (in silver) - free of charge from Weber. Technical specifications. Power:

Main burner: 14.07 kW (4 with 3.52 kW each)
      Sear station burner: 2.64 kW

Side cooker: 3.52 kW

Dimensions:

Width 166 cm
      Depth 74 cm (when the lid is open 79 cm)
      Height 119 cm (with the lid open 159 cm)
      Grill area: 86 x 48 cm

58 x 48 cm of which can be used as an indirect surface

Price

Recommended retail price: € 1.799, -

You can read more about it on: **

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

I started to buy the 2 burner grill but decided on the 3 burner size because I heard the heat was better. I should have bought a Weber when I was a young man.. I’ve probably bought 20 grills in my lifetime. This one looks like it will last as long as I do. I’m 81 years old. Favorite thing I like to cook on this is a whole chicken using indirect heat. Put the chicken on one end of the grill and fire on the other. Cook at about 400 for 40 minutes and then turn the chicken around and cook it another 40 minutes or until it is 165 degrees inside...of course you will do this after you have seasoned the bird first. Keep your grill clean and covered!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

Assembled a Spirit 215 (LP) yesterday. Noticed that the "nest" for the tank was too large (by 4"!!). Called the retailer, Home Depot. They were surprised and suggested that I call Weber. The website says that they are open 7 days per week. I have been on hold for 57 minutes so far. I will quit at 60 minutes - I think that that is enough time wasted on hold, don't you? I suspect that they are closed - in which case they should either change their recording or the info on the website. BAD WEBER!

Original review: July 31, 2020

Purchased a weber gas E4 10 grill. The third time I used it it caught on fire, melted all the plastic on the end of the grill above the tank. I filed a complaint with the Weber Grill with the incident department. Their finding was that I caused the pressure regulator to fail this intentionally causing the grill fire, damage to my property, and burns to myself. After initial contact, I was told I would be contacted in 72 hours. For days later I contacted them and was told I would be called within 30 to 45 minutes. Six days later and many phone calls and left messages I finally got in touch with them. Not one time did they ever apologize have any type of empathy for the situation. Their stance simply worse, I was at fault and their product was not.

I cannot believe how unprofessional unkind this business is. I have purchased Weber products for 40 years. I will never do business with them again. I will encourage others to never do business with them. I have been lied to and taken advantage of and I honestly feel I am just a number they could really care less regardless what I think or feel makes no difference. Today I am 100% disabled veteran and have never been treated with such disrespect. All I ask is for them to do what’s right. They offered to repair the pieces that were all burned up and insisted that I keep the grill. I’m not going to. I’m not willing to take the chance of being burned again literally!

Original review: July 28, 2020

I tried for over a month to return a replacement part. No response from Weber to my emails and phone calls. I won’t be purchasing any Weber products ever again. Very disappointed in both the quality of the grill and the total lack of customer support. Sad.

Original review: July 26, 2020

I bought my genesis e 310 in Nov. 2016. For a $800 BBQ def. not worth the $$. One burner won't ignite (sparks, cleaned, shutters adjusted) and all the knobs are cracked and broken (cheap plastic/always covered). Disappointed! Pre 2018 products only have 2-year warranty. I ordered new handles for $35 because I don't want to use pliers every time. The new handles I ordered are the same as the 2020 model which comes with 10-year warranty and the ones I ordered only have 2. So if you buy a brand new grill and use it every day and have spare parts on hand (to limit grilling interruption) they will not have the 10 year warranty on them. I am a journeyman plumber/gasfitter and keep ALL of my appliances maintained well. Out of every appliance my Weber bbq has been the biggest letdown. :(

Original review: July 24, 2020

I ordered a barbeque on the Weber website the first week of June. I carefully filled out that I wanted the BBQ delivered to a different address than the bill to address. When I went to pay, I was automatically transferred to PayPal. I could not pay with a credit card, but had to transfer money to my PayPal account. PayPal announced that THEY were directing the package to be delivered to my bill to address. I called Weber's customer service number and waited over an hour to talk to a human with no answer.

Several days later I received a message from PAYPAL (not Weber) that my package had been delivered to a business in my neighborhood but no address was given for where it had been delivered. I checked with the UPS store where I have my bill to address and they said that no package was ever delivered. So now I have no barbeque. Weber (or PayPal) took my money and did not deliver my product. Calling back to Weber to hear their recording of how they have a heavy call load due to the Covid 19 pandemic is getting old. My money was taken. I got no product. I believe this is called theft.

Weber author review by ConsumerAffairs

Weber grills have been around since the 1950s when their infamous kettle style grill became the hit of suburban backyard cookouts. Since then, Weber has continued to innovate and improve the grilling experience. Today, they offer consumers a wide range of grills including gas, electric, travel size, smokers and, of course, the kettle-style charcoal grill.

• Innovation: Weber’s original design was a huge success, but they didn’t stop there. They have also invented useful accessories, including flavorizer bars, a light for nighttime grilling and a built-in bucket for charcoal.

• Easy to find: Buy your Weber grill online or from one of the many dealers near you. Use their online tool to find a dealer near you.

• Weber Nation: Join Weber Nation for an all-access pass to the latest blog posts, community news and recipes. You can also access your online orders, register your grill and submit questions, photos and comments to the community.

• Weber app: Download the free Weber app to access all the information you need for the perfect grill, no matter where you are. The app includes recipes, tutorials, a grocery list and a handy timer so you know when dinner’s ready.

• Grill comparison: Are you torn between two or three grills? Weber’s website has a grill comparison feature that allows you to do a direct side-by-side comparison of up to three grills at a time so you can find the best one for your family.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team