2. Homeowners

Weber Grills

Weber Grills
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.86/5

Weber Grills Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Weber Grills?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Weber?

Original review: July 16, 2020

Such poor quality & workmanship! My Weber Genesis II is rusting after two years. The inside plates were rusting after 1 year & now the cast iron grills are rusting after 2 yrs. Such poor quality! I would not purchase Weber again! My BBQ is covered on a porch with a roof and the Weber cover is on it when I am not using it.

Original review: July 16, 2020

Burner would not light. Heat but no flame. In order to clean burner, I turned off control and twisted the 1LB canister to remove it. Gas pressure blew the canister out of my hand. Also a little gold part of the valve control of the grill blew out a few inches at that time. Manual says nothing about this. I guess the gas valve control on this portable Q1000 is defective? Good thing no child was beside me.

Original review: July 15, 2020

Purchased a new Weber Grill from Home Depot last Thursday. When I got about halfway through the assembly I found the lower CookBox was broken at the left hinge. I contact Weber Support (took two hours for a response). I was told a replacement would be sent overnight. Here it is the following Wednesday and I have not heard anything. I have called every day with no answer from service call hotline. I have Pushed 2 for an automatic call back, NEVER HAPPENS. This is the worst service I have ever NOT received. I bought the grill on good faith it would be a good product but have received zero service. I started calling at 7:00 am and I am on hold right now waiting for someone to answer the phone. ZERO Support.

Original review: July 13, 2020

Bought a top of the range Genesis I LX which has started to rust. A minor point used by retailer to switch your attention from one product to another is selling you the fact that products are guaranteed or come with a brand warranty. Watch out for the fine print! I live in the Channel Islands and according to Weber support, even through they sell their products to retailer who in turn use this sales point to direct you to this premium product, I’ve found out that according to support they won’t honour their warranty as I supposedly live too close to to beach. Yes, if you live directly on it or have direct winds and weather from the ocean, you need to be extra vigilant on combating rust but I think it’s a complete cop out to say Weber’s joints and welding lines are rusting. Will not be covered under warranty because we live “near” the coast.

If this was indeed the case then I would suggest that Weber should wholesaled to retailers on Islands around the world warning that they will not cover units rusting at all. Weber has a good brand and as a user one is always drawn to good brands but my recent experience with Weber has been less than satisfactory. My advice, when buying a new grill, gas or charcoal, look at the quality of the manufacture as well as the finishing paint job as it’s this paint job that will protect the metal underneath and even well advertised brands such as Weber will not cover you, even if it’s their shoddy paintwork which has resulted in rusting.

Original review: July 11, 2020

The grill I received was dinged and dented all over. Obviously happened before shipping because there was no damage to the box. Emailed and called Weber because it laughingly says to do so on the instructions. Nothing - just chat bots, templated email responses and no pick-up on the calls. Gave in and contacted Amazon after two days of Weber futility. Amazon gave me a choice of return/refund or small credit. The hassle involved in re-boxing (the boxes have to be cut open to get the grill out) and returning is just not worth it, so I reluctantly took the small credit and managed to assemble it by hammering out the dents to line up the parts.

Weber is supposed to be quality but apparently not. Nor do they seem to care. Four weeks after purchase Weber invited me to do a review for their website, so I sent this review to them. One day later they replied back that they were unable to use my review on their website, no kidding, but did not follow up on my complaints. So, to sum up they never respond to a customer complaint because of “COVID” – but they process reviews within a day – what a crock. My advice is to go to Lowe's or Home Depot for your grill, they may hopefully, stand behind what they sell.

Original review: July 10, 2020

I wanted to purchase a grill made in America so I purchased a Weber. Had to wait a few days for my grill because they were not in stock. Grill arrived (I had it assembled and delivered). The first time I tried to cook on the grill I realized that the left burner (closest to the igniter on my Genesis II S 335) would not go below the light (high) position. I call Weber as instructed. It took two days and several calls and emails to speak with a person from Weber. Spoke to the person about getting my brand new $1000.00 grill fixed and much to my disappointment was informed that they would send me a replacement manifold but I would be responsible for making the repair on my brand new $1000.00 grill!

So the person at Weber said they would send the repair part free of charge (I would hope so). It took a few days to process the request and several more days for the shipping of the part. Super dissatisfied with the quality of my product and even more disappointed with the customer service I received. I will not spend the money to buy Weber in the future. They have lost a customer.

Original review: July 2, 2020

WORST COMPANY EVER DEALT WITH!!! ALL THEY CARE IS MONEY. NO CARE FOR PEOPLE WHATSOEVER!!!! Bought the bbq and cover. Two months no deliveries and no response from the company. Now I see they are selling same product on Amazon double price. I paid by card with the interest. Where is my bbq. Now I will complain and put your name in social media. This is ridiculous. No response whatsoever. You cannot do that. Summer is gone already!!!

Original review: July 1, 2020

I have used Weber Grills since college/1975, so I know what performance should be expected. I experienced extreme rust on the inside bottom/enclosed area of a Spirit grill. I called customer service and explained the grill will not support itself because of the rust. It is 4 years old and the grill is in good condition. This is a defect. Their offer to me was buy the 2 sides for $250.00. They explained was a generous deal from list price Not what I expected from a premium brand that is not shy about the price they charge.

Original review: June 27, 2020

About 6 weeks ago we submitted our warranty claim as instructed. After a week w no response to the claim we called and after waiting an hour to speak to someone was asked to resubmit the warranty claim and we were told we’d receive a response within 48 hours. Nothing. Several more calls and even being placed on the call back list still nothing. Placed my complaint on Weber’s social media and Weber asked on the posting for the claim number and it’d be expedited. Of course, nothing.

We will NEVER buy another Weber grill. For a company like Weber to have such little concern for their current customers but attempt to save face on Facebook and look good they pretend to care and act as if this is unusual. According to all of the horrible reviews this is not unusual but rather the norm. We’re now looking into what legal route we can go to get the warranty part replaced. I really hope that everyone who is looking into making a Weber purchase will read these reviews. I see a common trend with Weber - get new customers and ignore the current customers. We will not back down. We paid a pretty penny for this grill with a 10 year warranty. Covid 19 or not - find a way to respond to your customers!!! There are people looking for jobs right now! Hire more employees and put that money into that instead of advertising. You're losing new sales anyway bc you're tarnishing your reputation.

Original review: June 26, 2020

Last forever. Doesn't tear up fast like other brands. Keeps the taste and the look of a professional grill. My family loves it when I cook on a Weber grill. If you're gonna buy a grill Weber is the way to go.

Weber Grills Company Information