2. Homeowners

Weber Grills

Weber Grills
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.05/5

Weber Grills Reviews

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I have had great experiences with Weber. First with a grill that lasted 25 years and most recently with a Grill I purchased a litter over 4 years ago. This Weber 210 has worked great, but I noticed a small hole in the cook box. After One email and within 2 days a new cook box was sent to me. Great customer service.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I bought the Weber Genesis II and within one year the inside of the BBQ started to rust badly. I reached out to Weber and they were very dismissive of my complaint. I would not recommend purchasing a Weber. Weber BBQs are expensive. The salesperson said Weber stands behind their product, which they did not. POOR QUALITY and POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

Gas hook up was leaking, Weber was trying to tell me it was my tanks that was bad. I have been using gas grills for 40+ years and have never had a tank bad. So I told weber to forget it. It wasn't worth the way the lady was talking to me. I went to Ace hardware and got a new hook up and it works great. Now maybe I can use my grill.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

My wife purchased a $1000 Weber grill through Lowe's Home Improvement. Just 26 days after delivery two of the burners failed. On contacting Weber I was advised that they do not service their grills and that I would have to return it to the retailer. They refused to accept it because more than 30 days (33 to be exact) had lapsed since the purchase was made. Weber advised me that if I knew the problem they would send parts for repair. Since I did not know what parts I needed they were unsure what to send and advised that I find someone local to me who could help diagnose the problem (like what-a grill repair specialist?). Instead I decided to acquire a new grill (different brand, of course). I had Weber grills for 25 years and loved them, but I am done with them forever!! Do your homework before making a grill purchase and choose a company with a long track record of quality products and helpful customer service.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

I initially reached out to Weber because I feel it is a design flaw that caused this fire. The cabinet is so small and the hose so close to the heat that it melts. I thought maybe Weber would investigate and possibly provide some sort of solution but boy was I wrong. I communicated with Peggy in support. She had me send pictures of the damage and when I ultimately submitted and called her back she stated that because she felt the grill was assembled incorrectly and it was my fault. She stated that I connected the gas tube incorrectly (there's only one way to connect the hose) and that I should have attached it to the cabinet housing as there is a corrugated tube that prevents the hose melting. There was no such tube and there was no way to mount anything to the cabinet. The tank hanger is all that is attached.

I was surprised when she stated that she would send me a new gas hose but other than that I would have to buy other parts. The grill was destroyed so That wasn't an option. I find that she would recommend this as ridiculous. If the grill was repairable it would only catch fire again. If anything the missing housing part that she claims should have been provided should have been sent out. Anyways I was hoping for them to stand behind this $400 grill or at least provide some sort of discount on a new one but to no avail. Definitely not happy with the customer service. This was not an assembly issue the part she discusses does not exist on my grill.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Weber?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

After 2 yrs grill Frame begins to rust, Flavor bars do not last longer than they used to. My old cast-iron black three burner grill that I donated to the baseball team at my son's high school worked fine. I wish I had it back. I’m not very impressed with the Spirit. I would like to see Weber get back to building a good quality grill that last for years. I’ve always been proud of my Weber. It cooks evenly and everything taste good. Thanks Tom.

Resolution response: Sept. 13, 2019

As a last ditch effort I called the company once again.

The customer service representative I spoke with this time was far more compassionate than the other and ultimately she resolved the issue, working with management.

Weber is replacing the assembly at no cost... Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I purchased a new $1000 Weber stainless gas grill a few years ago, and used it very lightly since that time. We have an older Weber grill still in service and is our go to for every day grilling. Just recently I noticed chrome peeling off the bezel where the hood handle attaches...chrome plated steel...not stainless as one would have thought. After all, isn't that what you'd expect from purchasing their top of the line product? Guess not.

Customer service was far from accommodating when contacted. Seems there's only a 2 year warranty on the rotting part. And even though we don't live near the ocean, or near a swimming pool in the neighborhood, as suggested by Customer Service, we still received no support. When I mentioned we keep the grill covered (Weber cover) I was even told that's not recommended. Only cover your grill in bad weather! Can you believe it? Well, under no conditions will we ever purchase (or recommend) a Weber again. I'm keeping the rotted part on our brand new looking grill just to show folks at our family gatherings just so MAYBE they won't make the same mistake we did!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

You would think spending $$$$ for a grill after 2 years the flavor bars are starting to rust. Called Weber and they said that’s normal for the rust to appear. They said the bars would have to have rusted holes in them to be covered by the warranty. The warranty is 10 years so maybe they will have rusted holes in them by then.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

I was having a challenge with one of the parts on my new grill as I assembled it, so called the customer service line. One, they have live people on line 7 days a week for 12 hours a day to take your calls. I called on a Sunday morning, Labor Day weekend, and a very pleasant and knowledgeable woman, Ashley, picked up the phone. She was very helpful, understood my challenge, provided a solution and that was that. First class service that blew me away!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

As with other reviews, the base and door of the Spirit E-310 rusts out. You would expect that the parts would last longer than they do but it appears to be a common issue and not covered as the warranty is only 2 years on these parts. To replace the parts it would cost over $150 which doesn't make sense as that is close to half the cost of a new grill. Customer service was not able to do anything to help fix the problem. My advice, stay away from the Spirit E-310 and get a grill with an open frame, they seem to last longer.

Weber Grills Company Information