2. Homeowners

Weber Grills

Weber Grills
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.50/5

Weber Grills Reviews

Original review: May 31, 2020

My Weber Grill Genesis II LX caught fire, so bad that that it burnt completely. Weber is using Un-Safe Plastic Material for the Battery Compartment, and if I would not quickly disconnect the Gas - it could blow completely. I contact Weber and after sending them all pictures - they finally got back to me and told me it's my fault... I should have clean the bottom tray. This have never happen to me with other grills before and it is certainly poor design of the Weber Grill! Finally in early March Weber promised to send a service person, and after several reminder they promised again - but now it's June and they never did. Horrible Company to deal with, Bad Customer Service, and Very Un-Safe Grill! DO NOT BUY!!!

Original review: May 29, 2020

Had my new grill 3 weeks when it stopped starting. I spent 2 hours on hold before a I could get a representative. I troubleshooted many things with the representative only to be hung up on. Another 2 hour on hold and again I was hung up on. I sent 3 emails and 2 warranty claims. I've heard NOTHING from them. I contacted the assembly company Weber uses to assemble their grills and they are going to try to help me. DO NOT BUY A WEBER GRILL BECAUSE THEY WILL NOT HELP YOU IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM!

Get buying tips about Barbecue Grills delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 27, 2020

Igniter switch and a wheel failed within warranty period. Dealer says I must go through Weber to get support but can't get a response from Weber via phone or email. Submitted warranty claim on-line but no response. Never answered my phone call. I understand there may be some delays during COVID period but not even an automated response after several days that they received my claim is poor service even under these conditions.

Original review: May 27, 2020

I purchased a Weber charcoal grill in April and set it up. At the end I noticed the handle for the bowl was not included. I tried to call - and was on hold endlessly. I sent an email four weeks ago and have yet to hear back. The only time I did hear back from them is when I tried to post a negative review on their site. Now, I have to spend more money to buy a replacement handle. Weber may make a good grill but they could care less about the people who buy them.

Original review: May 21, 2020

We are current owners of the GenS and while it is a good BBQ, customer service for spare parts has been unbelievably bad. Over a period of 30 days, have tried and failed to reach a customer service rep via phone, email, and web. They simply do not respond and the phone just hangs up on you. We received wrong parts and have finally returned (proof of delivery received) with a letter and documentation requesting a credit. Still no response! I am left to filing a dispute with my VISA company to gain the credit. We purchased the spare parts we needed from another vendor (Parts USA) and received them in a timely fashion. Will not buy WEBER again, I can assure you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Weber?

Original review: May 18, 2020

The Weber Genesis II EP-435 GBS in the test At first glance, the Weber Genesis II EP-435 is an impressive gas grill with a huge grill area and a total of 5 burners. But how does he do in tough everyday life? And is it getting hot enough? The Genesis II EP-435 at a glance... or the Genesis II SP-435? First of all, the solution to a little puzzle: How do the two models Genesis II EP-435 and the SP-435 differ? It is actually quite simple, the letter combination S P stands for Weber for the stainless, i.e. stainless steel variant, E P stands for enamel. The 5 at the end of the number stands for unofficial information for the closed Genesis. 35 is in any case the Sear Station - an additional burner between the right two burners. This should generate additional heat for sharp grilling.

Both are double-walled, so it's more a question of taste. My experience is that on the stainless steel models you can see every fat splash immediately, while enamel is a little less susceptible. TIP: Of course, I use stainless steel cleaners for cleaning stainless steel grills. However, fingerprints quickly make the result unsightly again. That's why I then use Neo-Blank *, a cleaner for commercial use. Neo-Blank ensures that a kind of slightly oily protective film is applied to the stainless steel. And lo and behold: fingerprints lose their horror and the pollution is slowed down significantly.

Note: In the past, the question of whether enamel or stainless steel also included the decision of which material the grillage should be made of. This has not been the case for some time. Weber equips every grill with the (from their point of view) optimal grates. And so both the stainless steel variants and the enamel models now have cast gratings. In my experience, the Weber cast iron grates are really excellent. As a rule, you hardly need to maintain them, because the enamelling ensures that they do not rust.

Here you can buy the Weber Genesis II EP-435 * (in black) or the Weber Genesis II SP-435 * (in silver) - free of charge from Weber. Technical specifications. Power:

Main burner: 14.07 kW (4 with 3.52 kW each)
      Sear station burner: 2.64 kW

Side cooker: 3.52 kW

Dimensions:

Width 166 cm
      Depth 74 cm (when the lid is open 79 cm)
      Height 119 cm (with the lid open 159 cm)
      Grill area: 86 x 48 cm

58 x 48 cm of which can be used as an indirect surface

Price

Recommended retail price: € 1.799, -

You can read more about it on: **

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

I started to buy the 2 burner grill but decided on the 3 burner size because I heard the heat was better. I should have bought a Weber when I was a young man.. I’ve probably bought 20 grills in my lifetime. This one looks like it will last as long as I do. I’m 81 years old. Favorite thing I like to cook on this is a whole chicken using indirect heat. Put the chicken on one end of the grill and fire on the other. Cook at about 400 for 40 minutes and then turn the chicken around and cook it another 40 minutes or until it is 165 degrees inside...of course you will do this after you have seasoned the bird first. Keep your grill clean and covered!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

I will say, being in a profession who manages hundreds of vendors (I'm a Procurement Manager), it is not overly often that I experience the level of Customer Service and willingness of a vendor to "walk their talk" when it comes to warranty. Standing behind their warranty in a manner that does raise the bar for others in this industry. Weber could not do enough for me (to help get me back up and running with my pretty-well end of warranty grill) without begging. Kudos to you Weber to walking your talk and doing so with a level of professionalism and courteousness that is "top notch." "I am" I livelong Weber customer - you only reaffirm my decision to remain so.

Original review: July 20, 2019

This is by far the best gas grill I have ever owned. If you keep it clean inside and out, it will last for years. I have had mine for 7 + years and use it heavily. I live in Texas so I grill year round an average of 2-3 times a week. I just smoked a brisket for Memorial Day and my neighbor used a high dollar smoker for this. The consensus from all was mine was better, more tender and smokier. It takes practice and again a clean grill to cook correctly, but there isn't anything I haven't cooked on this grill that wasn't as good or better than cooking inside. For me, it's always better cooked on the grill. The only thing I've had to replace is the flavor bars and that is due to me not cleaning them after grilling and getting the wet drippings off them. I have been diligent about clean-up with the replacements and they are doing well. I don't believe I will need to purchase another grill for many more years. I see this one going well beyond 7 more years.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I have owned many brands of charcoal grills over the years and this one has performed well plus maintaining its appearance looking as new as the day I purchased it. Their warranty was from 2 years (Cooking and Charcoal grates) to 10 years (Bowl and Lid against rust and burn through). I have owned this charcoal grill longer than any other grill I've owned (15 years plus). If all Weber products perform as well as their grills I would stay with this brand in the future. I would rather pay for quality in a product than pay for what you get. Weber definitely has the quality and I believe it will outlive me. Don't take my word for it. Purchase one and I'm certain you will be happy with your purchase. Thank you Weber for a quality product your company can be proud of.

Weber author review by ConsumerAffairs

Weber grills have been around since the 1950s when their infamous kettle style grill became the hit of suburban backyard cookouts. Since then, Weber has continued to innovate and improve the grilling experience. Today, they offer consumers a wide range of grills including gas, electric, travel size, smokers and, of course, the kettle-style charcoal grill.

• Innovation: Weber’s original design was a huge success, but they didn’t stop there. They have also invented useful accessories, including flavorizer bars, a light for nighttime grilling and a built-in bucket for charcoal.

• Easy to find: Buy your Weber grill online or from one of the many dealers near you. Use their online tool to find a dealer near you.

• Weber Nation: Join Weber Nation for an all-access pass to the latest blog posts, community news and recipes. You can also access your online orders, register your grill and submit questions, photos and comments to the community.

• Weber app: Download the free Weber app to access all the information you need for the perfect grill, no matter where you are. The app includes recipes, tutorials, a grocery list and a handy timer so you know when dinner’s ready.

• Grill comparison: Are you torn between two or three grills? Weber’s website has a grill comparison feature that allows you to do a direct side-by-side comparison of up to three grills at a time so you can find the best one for your family.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team