Weber Grills

Compare Barbecue Grills

Research top Barbecue Grills recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Just bought a new Weber Grill (Spirit Grill). It cost twice as much as other grills but the salesman convinced me it's worth it. So far, I'm not happy. The middle gas control knob is not properly aligned. Every time I use the grill I have to take the knob off and put it on again. I want to keep it clean so I tried turning it on high to let the debris burn off. It simply does not get hot enough to produce ash. Pulling the drawer out for cleaning is difficult. I could have 2 Charbroil grills for the price of one Weber.

I needed new burners the flame wasn't even. I grill almost every day. They did send new ones, but can't remove bolts, screw. Talked to two reps and they wanted me to disassemble the whole front of grill knobs, starter, face plate, baffle, manifold, etc... Why I asked the instructions that came with the new burners says remove bolts and slide new burners in and install new bolts, I can't. They are corroded and rusted, of Course they're in the inside of the grill. Had to talk to THE manager. She said the owners book says to yearly cleaning to remove those screws and etc. to clean, I didn't and that my problem. I said "Who does that? It's a bad design." She says that's my problem. I cleaned more than yearly, but remove bolts really!!! Who does that. No one is my vote. Bad design, maybe stainless steel Weber... would be better, extra screw with grill upon purchase something... do this is a really hard fix.

I purchased my 3 burner Weber Spirit 3 years ago. It worked ok when it was new. Temp would max out around 500. But over the past year and a half, it would take longer and longer to reach searing temp. More often than not I would find myself in bypass mode. Yes, I follow Weber's ridiculous standard operating procedures on how to light this thing properly. When I get lucky, the grill would heat up to 425 after a full 20- 30 minutes on pre-heat. Anyone who knows anything about grilling knows that you can't sear meats at 425. That 425 number is deceiving though. That represents the pillow of hot air that is immediately lost as soon as you open the cover to lay your food. Food that is cold and acts as a heat sink for whatever heat is trapped within the iron grates. Close the lid and the temp needle plunges to 325 and then slowly rises again and stalls at 390.

Getting back up to 425 takes another 5 minutes assuming you don't dare open the lid to check on progress or flip your food. I've had several conversations with Weber about this. Replaced propane tanks, replaced the regulator, disassembled the connection line to the manifold, wire brushed the burner tubes and flame transfer rod in the back all to no avail. For the cost of this grill, I could not be more dissatisfied. I thought I was buying hassle-free quality. Can't tell you how many grass fed steaks have been absolutely ruined on this over priced steam table. So unhappy with Weber. My advice is save your money. Buy a cheaper grill that will rot out every 4-5 years and then replace it. I never had a problem with my Charbroil (except for the rotting out problem). But for the price, I could have bought 3 of them and gone 15 years of hassle-free grilling.

I purchased a Weber Q320 grill a few years ago thinking I was buying a quality product, but to my dismay I found that I was wrong. The porcelain cooking grates rust in less than a year. I am looking to replace the second set already and trying to come up with a stainless steel alternative. I purchased the Q320 solely on the Weber name and not wanting to buy a low quality grill that you get in the big box stores. Considering a replacement set of grates cost $80 plus shipping, I would have been much better off buying a cheap one at the big box store and replacing it every 3 or 4 years. Consider this carefully before making your decision on buying one of these!

I was mislead into buying a high priced Weber BBQ under the assumption it would last for years. But don't move and find out your BBQ no longer accepts the new gas. I have a NG BBQ with no NG lines to be seen. After some BS about how complicated a conversion would be I am now stuck with useless planter. Unless you intend to stay where you are for some time don't buy a Weber. Buy one that can be converted.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Weber?

I purchased a Weber Genesis grill $800 and 2 years later it has started to rust. I contacted Weber and they saw that it is only 2 years old. I asked for a replacement grill and this was denied. I then found out that they are now manufacturing the grill in China. They were manufactured in the USA years ago and no longer take pride in the Weber brand! I sent many photos but they are no longer interested in keeping their customers happy. Buyers beware.

The Weber Q120 may be a small, even portable to a degree, grill but it has been a pleasure to own and use for several years (Almost 7 yrs now). However, the burner tube and grill grate have had to be replaced two times. Which brings me to the warranty issues. The burner tube and grill grate both have a no rust through/no burn through warranty of 5 years (Per the Weber warranty website).

So with Memorial Day right around the corner and the probs with the grill, burner tube being rusted through and the grill grate top being rusted and damaged due to the burner tube prob, I decided to call Weber for some replacement parts. And after spending a few minutes with a customer service rep I was able to order the parts I needed and it was only going to cost me a little over a hundred bucks. So I ordered them and paid for them, and had even agreed to pay a little more for a fast delivery.

But after the call I started looking into the warranty info. Just became curious because this was the second time I've had to replace the same parts since buying the grill, and with the combined costs of the first and second replacement parts I could have almost just paid for a brand new grill. So anyway, I looked into the warranty info and found both the parts had a 5 YEAR no rust through / no burn through warranty. I called Weber customer service and after about an hour of bouncing around to a couple different people and explaining my situation (That I had just ordered the second set of the same replacement parts and paid for them and was now waiting for them to arrive).

The only real prob I had now was after having to order the parts again that I had just happened to check the Weber website warranty info out. Where it CLEARLY stated the parts I had just reordered for the second time in less than 5 years, happened to have a 5 yr warranty and I was not too happy about that news.

After explaining everything the customer service rep, I finally ended up speaking to a customer service "manager". She was extremely polite. She advised me the best way to handle this was to possibly just let her check into it further, and while she did they would refund the amount I had just paid for the second set of replacement parts. That sounded fair so I did and I actually received a phone call the NEXT day which I missed and had to return, but hey no prob so far. That was until I called and asked to speak to the extremely polite lady I had spoken to the day before. It just so happened that she, Dana I believe, was not available.

So I tried explaining the situation to the rep, she was completely sarcastic, even arguing with me about the EXACT warranty info to the point I was very frustrated and unwilling to even discuss it further. I think the straw that did it for me was after already ordering the parts and paying for them, then finding out via website info warranty specs, and having to go around and around and another round with what was finally a rude and dismissive customer service rep that told me she was quote, "Sooo sorry," that she needed me to explain it all over for her again... REALLY...??? "No mam, it's truly me that is sooo sorry," as she put it for having to deal with someone like her...

Even though the grill has worked great, except for the mentioned items going bad too fast. As much as I have enjoyed cooking with it for the past several years, I REFUSE to support or to have ANY dealings with ANY company rep. who actually believes they can get away with disregarding their own products' warranty then so smugly dismiss my frustration and complaint... Needless to say, I will not be grilling with my Weber Q120 this Memorial Day or possibly ever again... I will definitely not pay for any more parts that were under warranty, looks like I will grill shop this holiday..? Hope this was able to help someone.

My Weber grill isn't even one year old and it looks terrible. Showing rust on the stainless. Thought I was buying a good grill. Very disappointed in the quality of it. Not any better than other brands just more expensive.

I bought a new Weber grill three years ago for $800 and it already is broken down. Cannot keep a flame going. I called Weber and they tried to talk me through fixing it over the phone. Did not work. They then sent me a new regulator hose, but I have to install it myself. I cannot even budge the bolts. They refuse to send out an authorized tech to fix the grill. It is a wasted $800. The grill is still not working and it had been over a month. Weber is totally ignoring me and my requests. Poor customer service also. Do not buy a Weber grill!

Bought the Summit gas grill less than one year ago. Decided not to go commercial and save $1,000. Grill works GREAT!! No performance issues at all. The issue is the poor quality steel used in all the components. The burners are already corroding. The 'flavor bars' or diffusers or whatever they are called are about 1/2 way rusted through. The work area tops are also showing signs of rust as are the doors. The enamelled areas are rust free, but who knows how well the surface treatment is bonded to the steel. I'll be cleaning this up after this season and putting on the road with a 'free' sign. Really Weber. Use better steel. Even charge more for it. This grill was always cover and under cover.

We purchased a Weber BBQ Model Q320 in early spring 2014. In early summer 2016 we barbecued our dinner and then left the grill on high for 10 minutes to burn off residue on the grill. We went to turn off the bbq and scrape the grill to find smoke billowing from it and the frame was melting. We turned off the burners - not an easy feat because everything was so hot. In the end the BBQ itself had paint bubbling on the top and had sunk into the frame as it was melting. I recently contacted Weber to explain what had happened, sending pictures. I was asked for more specific pictures, which I sent only to be told it was not a warranty issue and looked like the inside of the BBQ was not cleaned well enough, therefore creating the problem.

I am not very happy as we only used this BBQ for 2 years and it was not that dirty, only to read that others have had this problem. The customer service rep I spoke to was very nice and polite but I feel they did not address the problem at all. Bottom line this was very dangerous. Thank goodness we had set a timer to go out and turn the BBQ off. I will never buy a Weber again and will not recommend any Weber products at all.

Weber Grill is 4 years old. Past summer what looks like the paint from the grill hood is falling off into food!!? I called Weber and they claim it is oxidized charcoal? Looks like paint to me and it evenly covering the entire grill surface... I do not believe the explanation. Poor product to have such a thing happen. Next grill will not be a Weber.

Our Weber grill is just over a year old. I was cooking a steak. White flames shot out from under the cabinet and from under the accessory lid, making it too hot to turn off the gas. The half tank of gas burned up in less than two minutes. Scared the crap out of me! My wife bought it for me as a Christmas present. A thousand bucks from Fruitbasket Flowerland in Walker, MI. Showed the store manager pictures and he said it was a grease fire. No, grease fires have black smoke. I sent a complaint to Weber and they had me take a bunch of pictures. Then they sent a sales rep by to take more pictures. We complained to the Better Business Bureau. They said Weber said we refused to send pictures, which was a lie.

The propane gas company, Corrigan Oil from Brighton, MI, sent over two gentleman today. They said a part was left out of the ignition switch that lights the side burner. I informed Weber of these findings. They want to think that I turned on the side burner, lit it, and closed the lid, intentionally destroying the grill. Peggy was very rude. Frankly, I am a doctor, not a propane expert, but I do have common sense and I understand customer satisfaction. If you are considering buying a Weber product, Don't do it. They do not back up their fake warranty.

I bought my first Weber grill in 1978 and it worked perfect. Adjust the vents and grill the perfect meat every time. Shut the vents and the charcoal goes out and it's ready for next time. In 2010 I bought a new Weber of the same type in hope of having another great grill. The first thing that happened was the new one has plastic handles and one melted. Then the vents doesn't shut the air off, so charcoal keeps burning, the tires and legs fall off. In short the new ones are JUNK. My advice is to buy a old used one with wood handles and let them keep their Chinese JUNK!

My grill it's a Weber Spirit, 4 years old. I DID cover the grill all the time... Still got rust all over. I DID call Customer Service. The guy told me it was the maintenance and the grease do that to the grill. Ok I DID learn my lesson. Never again buy a Weber grill, my father has a Weber for 25 year and still good, my got 4 years and it's a piece a garbage, thanks Customer Service for nothing, and thanks to Andrew ** for give me a class of bad quality products.

I have own the Weber Spirit gas grill for 3 years. In 2 different occasions the draining pan got on fire at mid-high temperature, the last one damaging the handle and peeling off the paint inside the cover. It is obvious that the pan must be clean frequently defeating the purpose of having one. A design flaw appears to be the reason since it should drain to an aluminum reservoir. I pay a stiff price looking forward to enjoy a good grilling in a first class grill not a fire hazard!! Back to charcoal!

I purchased a Ducane grill in 2000 and purchased an optional lifetime parts warranty. Ducane was bought by Weber and when I called for warranty parts I was told they did not honor that warranty. In 2007 I purchased a top of the line Ducane Stainless Series 5 burner grill at Home Depot with a 10 year Stainless cabinet warranty. The grill is less than 10 years old and now when I called for parts last month I was told Weber no longer honors the warranty. How can they get away with this. They offered a discount on a Weber brand grill, but after looking at them they are not the quality that my Ducane is and I don't like them. They should be required to provide parts for 10 years from the date of sale from the last grill sold with that warranty.

We purchased a Weber Propane Gas Grill from Lowe's for $499 when we moved to Florida 15 months ago. We use it about 3 times a week. It has 3 burner knobs. The left one appeared striped as the knob went around 350 degrees without engaging. I assumed the burner assembly was broken. From reviewing the manual this part had a 2 year warranty, but I did not know if that covered the repair. The service tech walked me through the problem and as it turns out only the inside of the rubber knob was stripped and the burner can be turned without the knob. They are sending 3 new knobs which pop in and out. Expecting the worst I now have a functioning grill with or without the 3rd knob.

I have a Weber E-310 Natural Gas Grill. I moved to a new house that doesn't have natural gas. I talked to an expert that said I would need to change the burner lines, as propane gas has smaller burner holes. This is true because I hooked up the propane, and got big flames. I called Weber and told them the issue, and they said sorry, they do not sell conversion kits. That I should buy another grill. Gee, I guess everyone has 500 dollars to throw and discard a 2 year old grill, that was hardly used. I put the thing together to begin with, so it would be an easy fix. These people are just greedy pigs. From talking to my neighbors who have Weber and Ducane (same people) grills, they universally say the fall apart and don't work correctly. I will buy a new grill all right, but it won't be from these people.

We bought this grill 10 months ago for $1800. It's all rusty even inside, the nickel handle are completely damaged. Called Weber company. They said it's not under warranty, also Lowe's manager didn't help us with the problem. For that money you can buy in Walmart every year new grill. Don't waste your money on cheap product made in China like this. You just pay for Weber name.

I purchased a grill in 7/2/16. I paid $536.43 for Spirit 310 grill. It was covered when not in use. In 4 years the grill is so badly rusted the bottom fell out in pieces. The grease tray assembly, rear panel, bottom panel, catch pan. I never had a grill rust so quickly and so severely. I'll never buy a Weber product again.

This is the top of the line SP-320, stainless with side burner. Have had this grill for three years. Year 1 replaced grill cover & grill lid. Year 2 replaced grill cover and metal grill base. Year 3 right side panel rusted, no warranty. Had to use Rustoleum paint and pray for the best. WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER WEBER!

Three days after purchasing my Weber grill, the inside of the hood was flaking off and falling into the food. I immediately called Weber customer service. Was informed by a woman representative that it was normal for flaking to occur and that it happens on all grills. I said I have owned grills for 40 years and never have I ever had this problem. They don't use heavy cast iron on their hoods! I told her that peeling paint and flaking is not acceptable. I purchased a Weber grill and spent all this money because supposedly Weber was the best. I have had the grill for 2 years. The grates are too far apart and food is always falling inside the grill. The burners cook all unevenly. The girl kept assuring all this was normal. Weber is not what I thought it would be. Unknown carcinogens falling into food is not normal.

I purchased a Weber Grill from Home Depot about 18 months ago. I was BBQ'ing one day when a fire started in the control panel of the Grill... The grill was so badly damaged from the fire that it is no longer usable, in fact it nearly started my house on fire. Weber and Home Depot have refused to do anything for me.

After the ignition controls on my 7 year old Weber caught fire, melting the starter button and both burner controls, I called Weber to report what I thought was a dangerous situation and, possibly, an engineering defect that could cause other Weber grill owners serious problems (luckily, I smelled the plastic burning, was able to turn off the propane tank attachment, and douse the fire with a potful of water). I wasn't calling to accuse anybody and didn't want any compensation from Weber.

I also didn't expect to be accused by their rep named Jill of not maintaining my grill. Twice she interrupted my account to state, categorically, that the cause was a grease fire, and that I should have followed the owner's manual regarding regular maintenance of my grill. She did offer to send me free replacement parts but I told her that, since the grill was 7 years old, I wouldn't be able to install a new control plate and, besides, I got my money's worth out of the grill and would most likely just purchase a new one. I did mention that my only regret was that I had purchased recently two new grill grids and the triangular pieces that fit below them and shield the burners. And I told her that I had several photos on my iPhone of the damage. She took my home and e-mail addresses and the conversation ended.

Six weeks later and I'm surprised that Weber never contacted me. Evidently their rep's diagnosis was considered acceptable and they probably never registered my concern. Well, yesterday I deconstructed the grill in preparation of discarding it in our bulk trash and voila! A light went off in my non-mechanical, non-technical brain. How could a grease fire occur in a part of the grill that is not connected to the fire box? That is, in detaching that hopelessly damaged section I could see that there was no way for grease to leach through the firebox into it. Upon examining the grease container beneath the firebox itself, I saw that it was 99% clean, and realized that I had replaced the aluminum grease container when storing the grill at the end of last year's grilling season!

I now realize that what I should have asked for was an $80 credit -- what I spent on the pre-fire new replacement items towards the purchase of a new Weber grill. But if the rep was listening to my account rather than chastising me for something I was innocent of, shouldn't she have made that offer herself? Oh well, I've made lemonade out of that lemon experience, and have repurposed my firebox to accommodate charcoal, dropping my new grill grids on top of the coals, and trying to get another 7 years out of my grill before the nursing home beckons. P.S. Before registering my complaint, I was informed that my conversation would be recorded. I don't know how long Weber keeps those recordings, but I'll bet they weren't interested in archiving something which could morph from an isolated instance into a syndrome.

Bought a Genesis at Lowe's for over 900. 3+ years ago, love the grill and want to mention it was my 4th Weber grill purchase. Wife put a steak on the grill and the whole grill caught on fire in 3 minutes, I had to unhook the gas line from the house to put it out. Called Weber and they said it was a grease fire and it was out of warranty. They looked at a photo and made that decision and never said they would have someone come inspect it. The rude girl said she would sell me one at cost somewhere around 7 or 8 hundred plus shipping and assembly was on me. I rehooked the gas hose and the grill stinks of leaking gas. They just lost a customer. Still like Weber but am buying a Napolean. I kept the old one to show all my friends and posted a picture on the bulletin board at work warning of what happened. The grill was always covered with the Weber cover and was not used more than once a week. It was not a grease fire.

I wrote to the Weber customer service folks requesting information to purchase the parts to convert my Weber grill from natural gas to propane as we are moving and natural gas is not available in the new location. I got an email stating that they do not sell the parts, do not take the grills back and redo them in the factory and offer no trade in. I understand from several reliable sources you can do this conversion, so am very disappointed in the Weber response. They were not willing to work with me at all. I even asked for a discount or something on a new one and Boom nothing. Really like the grill, hate the lake of support.

Pros: The grill itself was decent grill as far as using. It collected grease well, uniform heating and outside holding up well with the stainless steel. Cons: My grill was 3 years old. The grates became bad, stuck with food, hard to clean off so I replaced them. The igniter stopped working. Replaced it. One of the two valves began to leak while in use and burnt the stainless steel top, rubber under valve. Called company. They wanted $110.00 to replace the valve only. They said I had to replace the manifold. They did knock off the price to $65.00 but after already putting over $100.00 in it the year before plus the stainless was damaged from the broken valve causing the finish to rust, I decided to buy another grill. I can get a new cheaper grill every couple years and still be under the cost of the Weber. Sorry Weber. Too costly to maintain...

Both are charcoal grills with vented lid and vents on bottom of grill. No accessories except ash catchers. Weber Grills are deep enough to not catch food on fire and with vents open, smoke the food beautifully. Sturdy, long-lasting. Small one 3 yrs; large one 15+ yrs. Charcoal grills, Weber ones in particular, give the real cookout flavor. I like that I can control the heat easily, and the food does not dry out like when using a gas grill. I gave away a gas grill and bought Weber charcoal grills!

Black, on a stand and uses charcoal only. It was a gift but we like charcoal grilling over gas grilling. 2 years. Perfect for the two of us. Nothing beats the flavor of charcoal grilled hot dog, hamburgers or chicken. You do not need much seasoning when cooking this way. Then you can make smores with the coals.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Weber grills have been around since the 1950s when their infamous kettle style grill became the hit of suburban backyard cookouts. Since then, Weber has continued to innovate and improve the grilling experience. Today, they offer consumers a wide range of grills including gas, electric, travel size, smokers and, of course, the kettle-style charcoal grill.

• Innovation: Weber’s original design was a huge success, but they didn’t stop there. They have also invented useful accessories, including flavorizer bars, a light for nighttime grilling and a built-in bucket for charcoal.
  • Easy to find: Buy your Weber grill online or from one of the many dealers near you. Use their online tool to find a dealer near you.
  • Weber Nation: Join Weber Nation for an all-access pass to the latest blog posts, community news and recipes. You can also access your online orders, register your grill and submit questions, photos and comments to the community.
  • Weber app: Download the free Weber app to access all the information you need for the perfect grill, no matter where you are. The app includes recipes, tutorials, a grocery list and a handy timer so you know when dinner’s ready.
  • Grill comparison: Are you torn between two or three grills? Weber’s website has a grill comparison feature that allows you to do a direct side-by-side comparison of up to three grills at a time so you can find the best one for your family.
  • Best for Weber’s versatility makes the company great for travelers, families large and small and homeowners.

Compare Barbecue Grills