3.41/5

224 Weber Grills Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I have had a Weber gas grill for about 30 years. It still looks good and works great. It even has the original burners. I have replaced only the Flavorizer bars and the ignitor. My family gave me a new grill for Christmas after we moved into our current home. I exchanged it for a new Weber. The newer one is made in China. It isn't quite as well made as the older one, but they both work well. I have a Weber charcoal grill that is about 10 years old. No problem with it either. I think they make the best grill on the market for the money.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I’ve had Weber grills all my life, my last grill which I still own is about 15 years old. The one I had before was a Weber also, a Genesis 1000. This grill had two layer flavor savers stacked on top of each other and that’s what made this grill great. The burners aren't as close to the cast iron grates. My son owns that old grill, I’ve never had to replace the metal gizmo for the power striker because it still works and looks great but my newer grill I’ve replaced the Gizmo twice and they keep rusting away. Quality had taken a terrible hit.

Get expert buying tips about Barbecue Grills delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I am writing, unprovoked, to compliment the Weber Grills company. I have had 5-6 Weber Grills in the past, all without issues. My current 3 burner Spirit grill had an exterior fire as I was pre-warming it to do a Thanksgiving turkey. It was caused apparently by spiders that set up shop in the plenum tube. I take exceptionally good care of my equipment but honestly have never cleaned the interior of the plenum as advised by the factory. When I called Weber, they were exceptionally helpful in assisting me as to what parts I should replace due to the fire. In addition, they even provided some financial support (discount), which was truly unexpected, and shipped the replacement parts the very next day. Now I realize why I have owned 5-6 Weber Grills in the past.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

We bought a new Spirit S210 in March this year. Well we have had a older one that had served us well for many years. But after close to 15-16 years ago and I must admit I could have been better at upkeep but never missed a lick. We retired and moved and it just was not worth it to move it and just wanted a new smaller unit (empty nesters).

We went to Lowe’s and bought a display unit they gave us $50.00 off so sold. Well when we got home the lighter plunger case was cracked did not see that at the store. Called Weber and they sent one out N/C. Great Customer service. Now to today just grilled some wings and Chicken Breasts. I had taken the food off the grill and was in the kitchen and ask my wife to turn it off in 5 min. Well my bad she has never used the grill. I do that in our place. I went out after dinner to clean it up and it was still hot. Well she did know the push the Knobs in to turn and she stripped them out so I called Weber to order new ones and to my surprise they are sending out 2 new knobs for free. Cannot ask for much more than that. Always have been a Weber guy and will continue to be one and recommended them to everyone I know. Way to go Weber.

Original review: July 9, 2018

Bought this grill in 2002 - asked for the "top of the line" and this is what they sold us. I never knew that a grill would last this long and only need two replacements - especially since it has never been under cover, and was always left on the back deck - The cover wore out from the weather, so had to get a new one 5 years ago. The igniter started to fail and replaced it at about 10 years old. Even though most of the top is stainless steel, the edges are painted black. One time I bought high temperature black paint and touched up a small area near the handle. After all of this time, there is no rust on it yet. Each year, as start up for the season, it gets a thorough cleaning and waxing. Other than that it remains one of the best purchases I've ever made.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Weber?

Original review: May 19, 2019

Weber grills are not what they used to be within the last 10 years. Weber grills have greatly reduced in quality. My Weber grill is a Spirit 3 burner stainless steel top and trays. Which is 6 years old. The top is in good shape but the frame has totally rust. The front castor fell off. The front door fell off. The grease retention tray rusted off with all its brackets and is laying at the bottom of the cabinet. Weber would not help me out under any warranty. All they could do is sell me parts to repair the bottom half of the grill. Save your money. Do not buy a Weber grill. They are junk.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I’ve only bought Weber grills. The one before this one lasted about 14 years. They may be pricey but they perform well & stand up to the test of time. We bbq all year round. We buy the one with the burner attached for boiling, say, lobsters outside.

Original review: April 18, 2019

Hi. We have had Weber kettle for 27 years. I think this is our 4Th, but does not keep its temperature. A roast chook, used to take 1 hour max. It is now 1.5 to 2 hours. So disappointed? Wondering if lid seal is not as good.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I spent over $1,200 on a Weber Genesis Gas Grill. I had heard how great they were. Well, it has been less than a year. I maintain my grill, keep it covered and dry. It is rusting throughout and the gas system leaks. I contacted Weber about the gas leaks. Talked with Diane ** in customer service. She began to argue with me and told me it was my tank. I went through three different new tanks and all of them leaked. Sent Diane at Weber pictures that she requested and have never heard back. I have since emailed her and still no word - it has been a month. I would not recommend a Weber to anyone. They are too expensive for the poor quality and the dangerous leaks that they seem to want to ignore.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Always cooks a perfect turkey every single time. They are always juicy and some out just perfect. Everyone loves it! Cooking it outside helps keep the oven free for other things & keeps my wife free to focus on other things.

Original review: March 21, 2019

Have had Weber grills for over 30 years but the last 2 have rusted out on the bottom. Keep in mind I keep my grill covered and live in the south. I have had to replace flavor bars and burners 2 times. For the price of a new Weber I can get a very good grill for half the price that will last just as long. I reached out to Customer Service they said I could buy new parts. Time to go to different grill. I think the quality of Weber over the last 10 years has dropped dramatically. I will not buy another.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Disappointed with this grill. I don’t like when they change what’s good and make “improvements “ that never work as well. My first Weber grill was bought in 2006 and was fantastic! Bought a new one in 2016 when we moved to Florida, (from Ct) and just does not cook as good. I expect a $900 grill to be great and this one is not.

Original review: March 17, 2019

Same issue as others... base completely rusted and unusable. Stainless steel grill supposed 10 year warranty. They say not the base! JUNK! Better off buying other brands for half price since after 7 years this is garbage as well as cheap ones! Not the same Weber from 20 years ago!

Original review: March 17, 2019

Great grill - I use it a lot! It's easy to clean and food taste awesome! It's portable so it's easy to move around. We don't use it as much as I would like because my kid is not a big meat eater but it's great to cook vegetables as well!

Original review: March 15, 2019

I purchased a three burner Weber Genesis gas grill about 7 years ago. It sits on my deck, is covered, and gets used 2-3 times a month. The Weber grills very well however the frame is rusting away. I contacted Weber’s customer service and they informed me that the frame only had a 2 year warranty. Weber is supposed to be an iconic brand that represents quality and durability. Even though this grill cost me $800 I now realize that I should have upgraded to a better brand.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I use my grill when I'm cooking outside for family cookouts. It's great when I can put more than one kind of meat on the grill and cook it. The grill is very easy when it comes to having to clean up.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

$800 grill and the base of it has rusted to pieces and this is the 2nd Weber to do this. Garbage. This is not the old Weber grill anymore, beware before you pay top dollar for a low end product. I called Weber and they offered minimal parts that essentially can be installed because the base of the unit is either completely rusted or 50% rusted. Basically a no warranty solution. Buy a cheap grill and get the same life as an expensive Weber.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

We have had our Weber Grill for about 10 years. Just replaced the flavor bars and the grilling racks. I expect it to last another ten years or more. Get an enflame every time that I use it. Know exactly how long to cook everything as cooking times never vary. Never have to worry that it will flame up and burn my food. I highly recommend Weber Grills for ease of use, quality and durability.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

We have an older Weber grill and it works really well. We had 2 Weber grills at one time. Now we have had to combine the 2 and it even works much better! I’m wishing that we could afford a new Weber grill. It would even be nicer!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I really wanted the Green Egg, but couldn’t afford it and the Weber is the best all around decent priced grill that works great. I have a Weber grill that’s around 30”. Before I bought this grill I had the exact same one. I bought the same grill because it is easy to use and clean. I really just needed some parts for the old one, but it was cheaper to buy a new one. It is kind of weird because I didn’t need much.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I have had my Weber grill for 3 1/2 yr and I have not had any problem. I’ve owned other that have not lasted like my Weber. Anti rust, ignite button to start the grill (still in a click). Easy to keep clean. Most of all, all my burners are working in excellent conditions. Wiz man say every month clean your burners inside.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

Love outdoor cooking. I need a new bbq, our was overused during the hurricane. We would cook everything on the grill. Morning coffee was also prepared on the grill. We used it every day for a year.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I love to grill with charcoal, makes everything taste better veggies, fruit and meats. I will grill anything even any nuts are good on the grill! I use several kind of smoking chips even put onion slices on charcoal makes meats taste good!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I wanted to get a grill that would last more than a year. So I spent a lot of money on a Weber spirit and am disappointed. The inside is severely tarnished and the food does not cook as well as my old Weber. This one will not last me any longer than the charbroil or other less expensive grills.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I have been using for two years. Football, family get togethers. 20 or more people and this is one heck of a grill. Every time I have family over everyone asks why did I grill. I love my grill and it cooks evenly and never have to worry about not eating. This is the best gift I've ever received.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

Weber grill is not gas grill but charcoal briquettes. It definitely is durable and was not that terribly expensive. But, being round makes it a little more difficult to store during winter months. It does not easily fit into my small utility closet at the condo.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I have used a Weber grill for years. Using a Weber grill gives your BBQ a better taste and great flavor. The shape of the Weber grill lets your meat cook evenly and keeps it moist.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

This is my first time owning a gas grill so it was an awesome experience. I loved it so much that even though it had gotten to be winter time I still was cooking on my grill. It also has a lot of space to cook multiple foods and heat up foods and keep things warm. It has a cabinet space underneath which I love to store things. It make family outings a blast amongst other gatherings. Thanks Weber Grill.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

Grills are made of porcelain-enameled, cast-iron that last for years. You are able to add wood chips to provide that smoked flavor. Add a cover and maintain the grill, it too will last for a long time. We love grilling.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

Flames burned equally throughout cooking process. Steaks cooked great! Even cook some potatoes wrapped in tin foil stuffed with celery and carrots, olive oil and butter, salt and pepper, garlic powder. A tantalizing treat for your taste buds.

Weber expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Weber grills have been around since the 1950s when their infamous kettle style grill became the hit of suburban backyard cookouts. Since then, Weber has continued to innovate and improve the grilling experience. Today, they offer consumers a wide range of grills including gas, electric, travel size, smokers and, of course, the kettle-style charcoal grill.

• Innovation: Weber’s original design was a huge success, but they didn’t stop there. They have also invented useful accessories, including flavorizer bars, a light for nighttime grilling and a built-in bucket for charcoal.

• Easy to find: Buy your Weber grill online or from one of the many dealers near you. Use their online tool to find a dealer near you.

• Weber Nation: Join Weber Nation for an all-access pass to the latest blog posts, community news and recipes. You can also access your online orders, register your grill and submit questions, photos and comments to the community.

• Weber app: Download the free Weber app to access all the information you need for the perfect grill, no matter where you are. The app includes recipes, tutorials, a grocery list and a handy timer so you know when dinner’s ready.

• Grill comparison: Are you torn between two or three grills? Weber’s website has a grill comparison feature that allows you to do a direct side-by-side comparison of up to three grills at a time so you can find the best one for your family.

• Best for: Weber’s versatility makes the company great for travelers, families large and small and homeowners.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs