2. Homeowners

Weber Grills

Weber Grills
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.76/5

Weber Grills Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Weber Grills?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Weber?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

I received my Weber EP-335 GBS BBQ yesterday along with many Weber accessories; the packaging was superb and the assembly straightforward, there is even a 3D App that can be downloaded to talk you through if needed. When built the BBQ is a robust well designed piece of kit, which looks as though it will give many satisfying years of service, all well and good until you view the accessories.

Firstly, although the model I chose had a searing station it did not come with a searing grill grate? This you have to purchase separately at a price of £52.99, leaving you with a new, unwanted and unused round grill to be stored in the sear grill box! Why Weber, it's a cheap shot at raising the price; if it has a searing station it should have a searing grill (unworthy)? Further, the price of the covers are twice the price (and inferior) to an "Outback" for example; (when discussed), this has genuinely resulted in friends buying generic covers for their Weber BBQ,s destroying any advertisement Weber may have gained for trying to be sly and mean and results in them advertising someone else's product!!

Original review: June 24, 2020

Weber Grills combine the tradition and soulfully satisfying urge of men to cook over open flames as we have 100,000 years. While at the same time using scientific and sound logic in their grill. It is simple to use and maintain, it provides a steady even and dependable heat source for grilling anything. I grilled a swordfish steak for my review. Swordfish is very easy to overcook or to leave raw in the middle. This is why I thought it a great test. I used a small amount of brackets surrounding a pan of water placed directly under the fish. What makes weber brilliant is its simplistic approach and not breaking what works so well. The shape circulate the heat in a circulates the heat dependably so the grill Sergeant knows where they can and should where they can place their meat. Love the grill.

Get buying tips about Barbecue Grills delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 19, 2020

Weber BBQs have been around for a long time and they have always been at the top of the list when it comes to grills that use charcoal rather than propane. Priced much higher than most of its type, I've always been very happy with Weber because of their durability. It doesn't pay to "cheap out" on these units; the saying "You get what you pay for" stands tried and true with Weber grills. Paying more for this grill has been worth it for my family, especially when camping out when the grill has been our only means of preparing food. When shopping for grills - for my backyard or a smaller, portable one for camping, I choose and recommend Weber, first and foremost.

Original review: June 17, 2020

I've been using the Weber Performer grill for many years. If you are a fan of a charcoal grill, this is the ideal setup: it is a full-size Weber kettle grill built into a rolling work-station, that has a good-sized working surface and a large, tilt-out bin on the end that will hold an entire Costco-sized bag of charcoal. But here's the super great feature of the Performer: it has a built-in system for gas-igniting the charcoals! There's a standard 1 lb green canister of LP and a electric started button: all you do is mound all the briquets above the end of the burner pipe inside the grill, turn on the gas and push the starter button: this lights a gas fire underneath the briquets! No need whatsoever for lighter fluid or newspaper. You only need to leave the gas on 5-10 mins to get the coals started. Then turn the gas knob off and allow the rest of the coals to catch - this generally will take another 10-20 mins depending on the wind conditions.

Then you're ready to spread out the lit coals (put on your fire gloves!!), put on your grill grating and start cooking! I've found the quality of construction of the Performer to be quite adequate: the locking casters have lasted fine and provide smooth operation. The grating has been redesigned awhile back: now it has fold-up side panels and a removable central round panel that allows very easy addition or redistribution of the coals if needed.

It comes with a really nice cover for the entire unit: this is particularly nice as I don't have a garage or shed available to roll the unit into, so it's got to sit out, exposed to the elements - the cover is doing a great job of protecting it and everything hanging from it and does not appear to be deteriorating. If you're really committed to charcoal grilling, this unit is a very good value, ie, worth the price. I don't know why Weber does not promote this model - I find it a bit difficult to locate in retail locations and generally order online. Also a great house-warming gift for a good friend!

Original review: May 18, 2020

The Weber Genesis II EP-435 GBS in the test At first glance, the Weber Genesis II EP-435 is an impressive gas grill with a huge grill area and a total of 5 burners. But how does he do in tough everyday life? And is it getting hot enough? The Genesis II EP-435 at a glance... or the Genesis II SP-435? First of all, the solution to a little puzzle: How do the two models Genesis II EP-435 and the SP-435 differ? It is actually quite simple, the letter combination S P stands for Weber for the stainless, i.e. stainless steel variant, E P stands for enamel. The 5 at the end of the number stands for unofficial information for the closed Genesis. 35 is in any case the Sear Station - an additional burner between the right two burners. This should generate additional heat for sharp grilling.

Both are double-walled, so it's more a question of taste. My experience is that on the stainless steel models you can see every fat splash immediately, while enamel is a little less susceptible. TIP: Of course, I use stainless steel cleaners for cleaning stainless steel grills. However, fingerprints quickly make the result unsightly again. That's why I then use Neo-Blank *, a cleaner for commercial use. Neo-Blank ensures that a kind of slightly oily protective film is applied to the stainless steel. And lo and behold: fingerprints lose their horror and the pollution is slowed down significantly.

Note: In the past, the question of whether enamel or stainless steel also included the decision of which material the grillage should be made of. This has not been the case for some time. Weber equips every grill with the (from their point of view) optimal grates. And so both the stainless steel variants and the enamel models now have cast gratings. In my experience, the Weber cast iron grates are really excellent. As a rule, you hardly need to maintain them, because the enamelling ensures that they do not rust.

Here you can buy the Weber Genesis II EP-435 * (in black) or the Weber Genesis II SP-435 * (in silver) - free of charge from Weber. Technical specifications. Power:

Main burner: 14.07 kW (4 with 3.52 kW each)
      Sear station burner: 2.64 kW

Side cooker: 3.52 kW

Dimensions:

Width 166 cm
      Depth 74 cm (when the lid is open 79 cm)
      Height 119 cm (with the lid open 159 cm)
      Grill area: 86 x 48 cm

58 x 48 cm of which can be used as an indirect surface

Price

Recommended retail price: € 1.799, -

You can read more about it on: **

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

Our three-year-old Weber Genesis II grill exploded this spring during normal use (thankfully no one was hurt). The grill is melted and completed damaged. It was a valve issue. I tried to contact Weber, as it is still under warranty. I attempted multiple times over the course of 2-3 months, but was on continuous hold. Finally after an hour on hold one day, a representative picked up. I explained the issue. They requested pictures. I emailed those within 30 minutes. They said they will figure it out within 72 hours and get back to me. I never received a call or an email. I had to call again (going through the same process). Another agent that finally picked up said. "give me an hour and a half and I'll call back" -- she never did. After not hearing back, a couple of days later, I repeated the process trying to reach someone at Weber. I spoke to a different agent -- they said EXACTLY the same thing ("give me an hour and a half and I'll call back).

This time I requested staying on the line for resolution. After being on an extended, the agent started talking about giving discounts for parts, and suggested it was the TANK that caused the explosion. I told him I have since used the tank with other grills, it is not the tank, it is the valve. I got nowhere with that call/agent. I went to Lowe's and Ace Hardware to seek advice. They looked at pictures and agreed it is the valve. After going to Ace Hardware, I received a call from a Weber agent in our area. He said he looked at the pictures and concluded it IS, in fact, a valve problem. He was very accommodating and professional, and said he would look into it with corporate and get back to me in a couple of days.

Unfortunately, time went by, and I didn't hear back from him, so I contacted him directly. He picked up immediately and told me he was having similar difficulties getting answers for me. So, now, 5-6 months later, we've been unable to use our grill and we're at a standstill with no resolution from Weber. I've always heard good things about Weber grills, which led me to invest in this expensive grill. Needless to say, we are very disappointed.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

I was excited to get this grill after reading reviews and I like it but don't love it. I think the burners are not tight and flames escape at every joint. Worse is the flare-ups. They are never ending and the burners are not well protected from drippings. In fact, the catch tray caught on fire which was even worse. Overall I like the style and it lights/heats quickly, but have a good eye on what is cooking. Otherwise it can get scorched.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

Very disappointed in the lack of customer support... Just templated email responses, nobody really wants to solve your problem. I've purchased my Weber Performer a few years ago here in Israel and recently facing problems with the igniter - the entire igniter kit must be replaced. The Israeli dealer is refusing to help, there is no local stock for this replacement and he doesn't want to order it for some reason. The global support doesn't ship internationally and not willing to make the distributor help me. Frustrating... I won’t be purchasing any Weber products ever again...

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

Weber will not honor their warranty as I have an occasional renter using my property and grill. They discriminate against renters apparently assuming that a grill requires some sort of advanced expertise to operate. The real problem isn’t who’s using it. It’s that they have a poorly designed burner valve that allows a small cam to misalign and not fall into a proper detent. This causes the burner stem to turn continuously and not shut off. Since it creates a small leak it adds potential for explosion and Weber won’t supply the parts under warranty because someone other than the user has used it.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

Assembled a Spirit 215 (LP) yesterday. Noticed that the "nest" for the tank was too large (by 4"!!). Called the retailer, Home Depot. They were surprised and suggested that I call Weber. The website says that they are open 7 days per week. I have been on hold for 57 minutes so far. I will quit at 60 minutes - I think that that is enough time wasted on hold, don't you? I suspect that they are closed - in which case they should either change their recording or the info on the website. BAD WEBER!

Weber author review by ConsumerAffairs

Weber grills have been around since the 1950s when their infamous kettle style grill became the hit of suburban backyard cookouts. Since then, Weber has continued to innovate and improve the grilling experience. Today, they offer consumers a wide range of grills including gas, electric, travel size, smokers and, of course, the kettle-style charcoal grill.

• Innovation: Weber’s original design was a huge success, but they didn’t stop there. They have also invented useful accessories, including flavorizer bars, a light for nighttime grilling and a built-in bucket for charcoal.

• Easy to find: Buy your Weber grill online or from one of the many dealers near you. Use their online tool to find a dealer near you.

• Weber Nation: Join Weber Nation for an all-access pass to the latest blog posts, community news and recipes. You can also access your online orders, register your grill and submit questions, photos and comments to the community.

• Weber app: Download the free Weber app to access all the information you need for the perfect grill, no matter where you are. The app includes recipes, tutorials, a grocery list and a handy timer so you know when dinner’s ready.

• Grill comparison: Are you torn between two or three grills? Weber’s website has a grill comparison feature that allows you to do a direct side-by-side comparison of up to three grills at a time so you can find the best one for your family.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team