3.82/5
Based on 51 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

156 Weber Grills Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 23, 2018

I have owned this Genesis 2 for about 4 years. The quality has certainly gone down since I bought one for my son 6 years ago. I got 2 good years out of mine and since then it has been a steady stream of replacing worn out and burned out parts. I have had to replace the burners, the deflectors (2x), the grids(2x), the hood (inside rusted out), and this year the whole inside frame and base have rusted out and are not covered by warranty. It cooks well but quality wise it’s no better than the much cheaper brands.

Original review: May 11, 2018

My Weber Genesis needed parts. I called the company and they were friendly and helpful. They sent me the parts I needed, free, and even offered to expedite shipping for free. I declined the offer, to save them money. The service was outstanding, far beyond what I had expected. So, no complaints here. Just praise.

Get expert buying tips about Barbecue Grills delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 1, 2018

The Weber grill is a nice looking grill, has a attachment to hook up a thermometer and sync with an app. This is useful when not able to sit right in front of the grill. The grill is very durable. The price is high but you pay for quality.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I've been a fan of Weber, but this last one I bought here in Florida is a junk shop with wheels. You are aware they are not cheap. I have this one for about 5 years, you would think that the thermometer on the grill should give me at least 5 years, but the original went to thermometer heaven, and they replaced it even though it was out of warranty, so that was 2, in thermometer heaven. Now the replacement needs burial, and they will not replace it unless I pay for it.

In the meantime, I have replaced the burners, which were under warranty, the casters and inserts, which are plastic holding up a 200 pound grill, the igniters, and a small metal piece that protects the igniter button, which none of those were under warranty. They seem to warranty only the items that they know will last awhile, everything else, you're on your own. For this money everything should be warranted for 5 or 6 years. Wal-mart, Home Depot and Lowe's sell other grills that probably will give you as good and maybe better service. For $800.00 or more the cheaper ones can be repaired as many times as Weber. And much cheaper. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Original review: April 29, 2018

Weber used to man made in America Not assembled in America. It’s a basic model. You have to buy the grill that you can open if you need to add charcoal. Overall it’s okay.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Weber?

Original review: April 28, 2018

Love our Weber Grill. This is our second one. First purchased in the Boston area. It cooks evenly and we love the grated on our model. Easy to control the heat and time.

Original review: April 27, 2018

My Weber grill has performed well past expectations. Grill can use more of directional feature for the smoke. The grill looks good and performs well. I’ve had great heating (where grill maintains heat and charcoal usage) outing. Clean up is as expected.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I grill out 3 to 4 times a week. The grates on this grill are easy to clean by heating up the grill to 300 to 400 degrees and then using a wire brush just clean them off.

Original review: April 25, 2018

We have a Weber Genesis, and we have been using it for about 4 years. It has been extremely reliable as it lights every time. The cooking temperature has been great. We love the burner setup and the searing feature has really enhanced the outcome. The grill has maintained its appearance, and there is no rust anywhere at all. We keep it covered when not in use, and I clean the runoff trays after each use. Our grill is also used year around, and it has been very effective in the middle of winter without any problem.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I have the Weber Gold model charcoal grill. I've owned it for many years and keep it outside with a cover over it. This Grill holds up very well to outdoor climates. This particular model also has an "Ash" pot on the bottom that can be quickly removed and emptied. It is fairly easy to clean. Also has replacement parts readily available if needed.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Bought a Weber for the first time. Love it. Manual is very helpful in slow cooking. Though, many has mention the new one are junk and flimsy and not like the older one made. Saw the new Weber out this year and I can tell it is junk and flimsy. It was expensive. But customer service is good and honest.

Original review: April 22, 2018

Grilled just this Eastern evening. The Weber is a high end model with three gas cooking fires and the ability to sear quickly. Maintains temperature very well. I would recommend to anyone looking to step up to grilling the way it was meant to be.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Weber is the best grill I have ever own. It does so much. Easy to clean. Can be moved easily. The grill has side tables that fold down so it is not bulky. It is built to last a very long time.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Best grill ever. I've had other named grills in the past that were cheaper but they didn't last long. Last summer I purchased a new Weber 2 burner for my small deck. It was perfectly packaged and with very detailed/pictured instructions. It took several hours to complete and well worth it. Quality parts, easy to clean. I expect to have it for many years.

Original review: April 16, 2018

There is really only 1 fault I can complain about and that is that Weber doesn't cook across the top 100% evenly. Overall Weber has been a fantastic grill and I have owned it for 10 plus years.

Original review: April 15, 2018

Weber Genesis Grills are rust machines, not grills. I am on my second Weber Grill which has again rusted away to the point of being unusable. Customer service says I have to cover it in the rain and then uncover it and dry it after in order for the grill to not rust. Are they aware that these grills are outside appliances? Looking for recommendations for my next grill. Will not give Weber any more of my hard earned money for grill #3.

Original review: April 1, 2018

Like other reviews that I have read, my Weber Genesis Gas Grill - Special Edition rusted in a number of places and finally the door fell off (like some have posted). Also, I had difficulty starting it. Despite the frame disintegrating it still cooked fairly well. I have had previous Webers that with a lot of rework lasted 10 years. This included a Summit, which did not last any longer. So my 4 year, 3 month old Weber, which I spent $900+ on was hauled off to the trash, when my newly purchased grill arrived. I simply was not interested in constant refurbishment, and was very frustrated with the whole experience.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I purchased a Weber Spirit Grill in 2014. It has worked OK but about a year ago it began to rust and last week the door fell off. Also, the baffles are totally burnt through.I called to get a replacement and was told this 4 year old grill had a 2 year warranty and they would send me a replacement base for $60 and the baffles for $25. New grills have a 10 year warranty. Obviously, the grill I purchased was made with substandard material. They obviously recognized a problem and fixed it with the new grills but they won't stand behind their older grills. I purchased the Weber because it was known for high quality and standing behind their products. They need to replace this product.

Resolution response: March 20, 2018

Although not what I expected, they have offered a reasonable resolution.

Original review: March 19, 2018

After 4 decades of loyalty to WEBER (the bbq manufacturer) and a complete failure of their customer service personnel to right a bad situation, I feel the need to share with you my most recent experience. For months, I have endured frequent problems with the igniter system on my 3 burner WEBER GENESIS grill. Repeated attempts to ignite became routine over the last few months. Yesterday, March 15th, 2018, I attempted to ignite the BBQ several times until it blew-up in my face burning the majority of hair off my right arm and hand. A day later, after showering, there are notable burn marks. All photos were sent in jpeg form to Weber as instructed but they claim they cannot open several of them. Nonsense!

I mentioned they should download VLC so they do not have these silly problems in the future but they declined, instead, they stated they could not proceed with the parts to fix the grill without photos they can open. Keep in mind, the grill still has many years left on the warranty! I fully expected this company to make it right.

NOPE! Just a bunch of crap. DONE WITH WEBER.

Original review: March 5, 2018

30 year Weber (E 310 - 3 burner spirit) owner. Drip pan rusted out in my last grill (lasted 15 years) so I had to buy new. Realized after purchase that the thin side of grill grates have a crossbar that is raised - preventing use of thin side vs fat grate side. I came to love the thin grill marks over the 30+ years and do not care at all for the fat marks. Interestingly - Weber redesigned the grates for 2018 - due to massive complaints - and to their credit for correcting the horrible design flaw. I contacted Weber customer service to see if they would switch the grates out with the redesigned model allowing the choice of fat or thin marks. I have spoken to two reps and they have the same defensive posture - clearly they have been trained in their response. "This was not a design flaw or manufacturing defect" they say, "so you can purchase the corrected version for $80+."

Technically they are correct and shame on me for not cooking a burger in Lowe's before I purchased so I would realize that my spatula hits the raised crossbar while attempting to use the thin grill mark side of the grates. Bottom line: I will likely purchase the new grates due to my OCD need for thin grill marks. Perhaps the move to China to manufacture this grill has influenced the design but I am a firm believer in doing right by your customer - especially a lifer. Am I alone in this dilemma? Would love to hear other like minded.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I grill year round! Even in the snow! I have also started using a grill mat which I love! They help keep the grill clean too! To clean the mat, burn off the grease and place in dishwasher.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I have a own a Weber Genesis BBQ Grill for 2 1/2 years now. This BBQ is the worst BBQ that I have ever owned. I have had 3 major fires under the hood of my grill. For a $1500 BBQ the performance is absolutely terrible. Weber customer service are making excuses why this would happen and not prepared to take ownership of a poorly designed BBQ. I would be more than happy to explain and elaborate on my WEBER ownership experience and I will be telling anyone who is the BBQ market to not even consider Weber. Worst BBQ I have ever owned!!!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Good value for the price. Excellent response for warranty issues. I will purchase again. It's a good value. I will purchase again when this one craps out.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I live in an Apartment Complex so my Weber Grill is able to be kept on my porch or in my House. It cooks very well. I like the cover. I was able to cover it up.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Expensive to purchase but Weber Grills are no fail and last for years and years. We've had ours since 1997!!! Replacement parts always readily available! Awesome grill!!!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

My husband is a grill master. We love grilling on our Weber Grill we purchased 8 years ago. We purchased a gas grill for our grilling fun. We never set our choices on just the basics. We take the grilling experience to the next level by grilling everything possible on our Weber Grill. Enjoying an outdoor flavor experience year round.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Our Weber is 12 years old but still works great overall. We use it three or four nights a week. I clean it inside and out and replace worn parts. The only bad part is that the flame bars are longitudinal so indirect grilling is a little more difficult but still doable.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

My grandson and I bought this new Webe grill for the 4th of July. It was already assembled. All we had to do is fold it down and slide it on our back seat in the car. That was convenient and I really love that because I am a senior citizen and any less work for me to have to do it's appreciated. The grill was on sale for 4888 and a 1-year warranty came with it. I couldn't pass that up. Any other questions that I might need to talk to anyone about the grill or grilling and email address also came with the grill. It came in the color navy blue. It's not a large one but just a regular smoke grill.

We grilled six slabs of ribs (not the baby backs), two packs of hotdogs, four packs of sausages, 12 hamburger patties and literally we only had to change the charcoal twice. The drop pan that you put the charcoal in it’s perfect. It holds the charcoals and holds the Heat. A couple of days later it started to rain and after we finish grilling we close up the little holes on the top of the grill and after it has stopped raining I went out to clean the grill and there was no water inside of it. I was really shocked. So I am really really happy with it. This is a great Grill.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

The Weber Spirit 3000 does not catch the grease well at all. Also burners doesn't run lengthwise, which is not conducive to grilling evenly! We used to love the Weber brand for decades, but the 2016 design is horrible!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

We inherited a Q1000 and used it for many years, grilling almost daily. It was the best! So efficient and durable that we decided we would buy Weber from then on. Time came to invest in a new one of our own, and we found a Q1200 that looked like a new version of the same tabletop style for $199. Well, it lasted about 6 months, until the base MELTED to the grill cavity.

After heating it for 5-10 minutes one day, we noticed it looked lopsided & discovered the cavity had sunk down on one side (due to broken plastic bolts, it appears) and MELTED to the base. We looked it all over -- the ignition still worked, the wires were intact, everything seemed normal except that it was now lopsided and stuck against the melted base! Called customer service, who asked us to send photos, and a week later heard back that their investigator ruled it was damaged by a grease fire. What the what?!?! This grill was sitting on a wooden table, and there were no signs of fire or scorching anywhere. It had only been heating up a few minutes!

From looking at the photos, it was plain as day that the bolts holding the grill cavity to the base had somehow broken, resulting in the cavity falling through on that side, and coming to rest on the plastic base legs, which then melted. No scorching or fire damage anywhere, and it was on the same side as all the wiring, which was fine! However, the customer service person had no access to the photos we sent, and said we had no recourse, since their investigation was final. Outrageous. Never again a Weber.

Weber expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Weber grills have been around since the 1950s when their infamous kettle style grill became the hit of suburban backyard cookouts. Since then, Weber has continued to innovate and improve the grilling experience. Today, they offer consumers a wide range of grills including gas, electric, travel size, smokers and, of course, the kettle-style charcoal grill.

• Innovation: Weber’s original design was a huge success, but they didn’t stop there. They have also invented useful accessories, including flavorizer bars, a light for nighttime grilling and a built-in bucket for charcoal.

• Easy to find: Buy your Weber grill online or from one of the many dealers near you. Use their online tool to find a dealer near you.

• Weber Nation: Join Weber Nation for an all-access pass to the latest blog posts, community news and recipes. You can also access your online orders, register your grill and submit questions, photos and comments to the community.

• Weber app: Download the free Weber app to access all the information you need for the perfect grill, no matter where you are. The app includes recipes, tutorials, a grocery list and a handy timer so you know when dinner’s ready.

• Grill comparison: Are you torn between two or three grills? Weber’s website has a grill comparison feature that allows you to do a direct side-by-side comparison of up to three grills at a time so you can find the best one for your family.

• Best for: Weber’s versatility makes the company great for travelers, families large and small and homeowners.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs