Weber Grills

Compare Barbecue Grills

Research top Barbecue Grills recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Bought my first Weber 22.5" charcoal kettle in 1982, still own it and use it regularly. It is in great shape after 35 years of use. My wife gave me a first generation Weber gas grill in the late '80s. It is still at my office, where I use it to grill lunch for my employees. We have a Weber Smoky Mountain Cooker that is in terrific shape and cooks great. The Weber Genesis III gas grill we purchased about 8 years ago is a PIECE OF GARBAGE.

After only 8 years, the cheap sheet metal in the bottom of the grill cabinet has rusted completely through and is falling on the ground. The stainless steel flavorizer bars have burned through and need replacement. The gas valve leaks like a sieve. After only a few years I will be wheeling the Weber Genesis III, which cost over $850, to the curb for the scavengers or garbage men to take away and will never purchase another Weber product again. Weber quality is no longer to be relied upon. STAY AWAY! We could NOT be more disappointed.

I bought the Weber Spirit. I was excited to own a Weber Grill. Wow. What a disappointment and waste of money. This grill is a piece of garbage. It started rusting within 6 months. The grill sits in my breezeway. It does not get wet except for when I wipe it down with a damp cloth. I use stainless steel cleaner/polish. All of the stainless steel has rust on it. The bottom of the door and side panels have rust on them. I'm not talking about surface rust, it's rusting. I called Weber and they were very, well "not concerned". They say I should use more stainless steel polish. They apparently don't stand behind any type of warranty. Char-Broil Grills are 100% better than Weber. You don't always get what you pay for. Weber is an example of overpriced garbage.

They claim to have a 5 year warranty on the cooking grates and flavor bars. My grill is only 1 & 1/2 years old and both have rusted through. I tried calling to get replaced but after 3 calls and sending pictures I have yet to be successful. My last call she wanted me to describe my grill brush and then wanted to know if I use a "cheap one". What does it matter, I don't think my grill brush caused the grates to rust!! I hung up because I wasn't getting anywhere with the person and will try again for the 4th time. I've decided next time I buy a grill I will buy a throw away and just replace it every 1-2 years. Weber’s are no longer built to last. Very disappointed:(

I placed a prior review pertaining to the Weber Q120 grill, the replacement parts (burner tube, and grill grate), and customer service/warranty issues I was experiencing at the time. That was a couple months ago... Yesterday, after only a few minutes of speaking to a completely different Weber customer service rep., the parts previously in a questionable warranty state, were on their way to me at ABSOLUTELY NO CHARGE!!!

I couldn't be happier. It seems as though SOME people at Weber Grills may truly care about the consumers who actually do purchase Weber products and from time to time may need help with replacement parts. Once again, they have proven themselves to be a leader among makers of grills and grilling products. They certainly do honor the warranties they advertise. Thanks to a caring company representative I WILL be enjoying my Weber Q120 again this 4th of July... I hope this review helps.

I have extensive experience with Weber Grills dating back about 25 years. My first Weber grill was a Spirit series and it was so long ago that all I can remember about it was that my wife and I loved it. We had absolutely no problems with it and we decided to move on to the Summit series and gave the Spirit to our son who has had it to this day. He still loves it; except for some parts replacements over the years, nothing major, it is still functional and functions well.

We then bought a 6 burner Summit series, what was then pretty much top of the line. We have had it for about 19 years and the only parts we replaced were the flavor bars. It has a rotisserie and a warming rack. It has functioned flawlessly and the taste of the food has been exceptional. We are giving it away to a friend as we have just purchased a Genesis LXII S440 (4 burners since we are an empty nest now and don't need the extra size).

This new grill is one of the most advanced technologically that we could find. The electronic ignition is flawless, it has a 10 year warranty and cooks food to perfection. I should mention that we also bought the iGrill 3 which is a device that allows you to monitor food temperature from an iPhone via a free app, from start to finish and notifies you when the food reaches a perfect temperature (not sure about other smartphone compatibility). What a fantastic invention!

It lists for $99.00 but I think you can get it cheaper, possibly on Amazon but haven't checked. It also has functioned as promised and as described. We tested the food temperature and it was right on the money. I couldn't believe it. This is a highly advanced grill yet you can learn and use all the features in a short time. We have only had it for 2 months but with a 10 year warranty I don't expect any problems. It also seems to use less propane based on the tank gauge.

I will wrap this up by saying that it is no doubt expensive, but if you buy a CharBroil or NexGrill, which are no doubt good grills and very affordable, you may likely need to replace it 3 or 4 times and the Weber will still be going. That is only my opinion, and one's budget is of utmost importance. We are retired and have both been in the workforce for >35 years. We want to splurge a little in retirement. One last caveat: any grill left out in the elements must have a durable cover. We chose the Weber cover (list price $79.95; $67.95 on Amazon where we got it). Protecting the grill or keeping it in a garage or other covered area will extend the life of the grill for a long time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Weber?

Bought a brand new Weber Spirit E-210 Gas Grill late last fall. I keep it in the garage so it is not out in a Wisconsin winter. Used it a couple of times last year and then using it heavily this summer. I saw some bad reviews on the knobs stripping and wanted to mention something that happened to me. I have the grill cooking in my driveway. My son goes to back his car out, doesn't look and runs into my grill and knocks it over. I run out to find all the contents (food, grates, flavor bars) on the driveway and the grill laying on it's front with flames coming out the side. We figure out how to stand the grill up without getting burned and I shut it off. Tell my son it could have been worse, could have been my new car...

Once I get everything put back together, turn the knob, hit the lighter and poof goes the flame and everything works. People are talking about the knobs stripping, mine are still perfectly fine. Now my beautiful new grill no longer looks new. Both knobs all scratched up, big hack out of the handle to open the top, the front door won't shut because of a dent in the cross bar under the grill but that baby still cooks great meals. I've loved the grill since the day I bought it. Would highly recommend it.

Just bought a new Weber Grill (Spirit Grill). It cost twice as much as other grills but the salesman convinced me it's worth it. So far, I'm not happy. The middle gas control knob is not properly aligned. Every time I use the grill I have to take the knob off and put it on again. I want to keep it clean so I tried turning it on high to let the debris burn off. It simply does not get hot enough to produce ash. Pulling the drawer out for cleaning is difficult. I could have 2 Charbroil grills for the price of one Weber.

I needed new burners the flame wasn't even. I grill almost every day. They did send new ones, but can't remove bolts, screw. Talked to two reps and they wanted me to disassemble the whole front of grill knobs, starter, face plate, baffle, manifold, etc... Why I asked the instructions that came with the new burners says remove bolts and slide new burners in and install new bolts, I can't. They are corroded and rusted, of Course they're in the inside of the grill. Had to talk to THE manager. She said the owners book says to yearly cleaning to remove those screws and etc. to clean, I didn't and that my problem. I said "Who does that? It's a bad design." She says that's my problem. I cleaned more than yearly, but remove bolts really!!! Who does that. No one is my vote. Bad design, maybe stainless steel Weber... would be better, extra screw with grill upon purchase something... do this is a really hard fix.

I purchased my 3 burner Weber Spirit 3 years ago. It worked ok when it was new. Temp would max out around 500. But over the past year and a half, it would take longer and longer to reach searing temp. More often than not I would find myself in bypass mode. Yes, I follow Weber's ridiculous standard operating procedures on how to light this thing properly. When I get lucky, the grill would heat up to 425 after a full 20- 30 minutes on pre-heat. Anyone who knows anything about grilling knows that you can't sear meats at 425. That 425 number is deceiving though. That represents the pillow of hot air that is immediately lost as soon as you open the cover to lay your food. Food that is cold and acts as a heat sink for whatever heat is trapped within the iron grates. Close the lid and the temp needle plunges to 325 and then slowly rises again and stalls at 390.

Getting back up to 425 takes another 5 minutes assuming you don't dare open the lid to check on progress or flip your food. I've had several conversations with Weber about this. Replaced propane tanks, replaced the regulator, disassembled the connection line to the manifold, wire brushed the burner tubes and flame transfer rod in the back all to no avail. For the cost of this grill, I could not be more dissatisfied. I thought I was buying hassle-free quality. Can't tell you how many grass fed steaks have been absolutely ruined on this over priced steam table. So unhappy with Weber. My advice is save your money. Buy a cheaper grill that will rot out every 4-5 years and then replace it. I never had a problem with my Charbroil (except for the rotting out problem). But for the price, I could have bought 3 of them and gone 15 years of hassle-free grilling.

I purchased a Weber Q320 grill a few years ago thinking I was buying a quality product, but to my dismay I found that I was wrong. The porcelain cooking grates rust in less than a year. I am looking to replace the second set already and trying to come up with a stainless steel alternative. I purchased the Q320 solely on the Weber name and not wanting to buy a low quality grill that you get in the big box stores. Considering a replacement set of grates cost $80 plus shipping, I would have been much better off buying a cheap one at the big box store and replacing it every 3 or 4 years. Consider this carefully before making your decision on buying one of these!

I was mislead into buying a high priced Weber BBQ under the assumption it would last for years. But don't move and find out your BBQ no longer accepts the new gas. I have a NG BBQ with no NG lines to be seen. After some BS about how complicated a conversion would be I am now stuck with useless planter. Unless you intend to stay where you are for some time don't buy a Weber. Buy one that can be converted.

I purchased a Weber Genesis grill $800 and 2 years later it has started to rust. I contacted Weber and they saw that it is only 2 years old. I asked for a replacement grill and this was denied. I then found out that they are now manufacturing the grill in China. They were manufactured in the USA years ago and no longer take pride in the Weber brand! I sent many photos but they are no longer interested in keeping their customers happy. Buyers beware.

The Weber Q120 may be a small, even portable to a degree, grill but it has been a pleasure to own and use for several years (Almost 7 yrs now). However, the burner tube and grill grate have had to be replaced two times. Which brings me to the warranty issues. The burner tube and grill grate both have a no rust through/no burn through warranty of 5 years (Per the Weber warranty website).

So with Memorial Day right around the corner and the probs with the grill, burner tube being rusted through and the grill grate top being rusted and damaged due to the burner tube prob, I decided to call Weber for some replacement parts. And after spending a few minutes with a customer service rep I was able to order the parts I needed and it was only going to cost me a little over a hundred bucks. So I ordered them and paid for them, and had even agreed to pay a little more for a fast delivery.

But after the call I started looking into the warranty info. Just became curious because this was the second time I've had to replace the same parts since buying the grill, and with the combined costs of the first and second replacement parts I could have almost just paid for a brand new grill. So anyway, I looked into the warranty info and found both the parts had a 5 YEAR no rust through / no burn through warranty. I called Weber customer service and after about an hour of bouncing around to a couple different people and explaining my situation (That I had just ordered the second set of the same replacement parts and paid for them and was now waiting for them to arrive).

The only real prob I had now was after having to order the parts again that I had just happened to check the Weber website warranty info out. Where it CLEARLY stated the parts I had just reordered for the second time in less than 5 years, happened to have a 5 yr warranty and I was not too happy about that news.

After explaining everything the customer service rep, I finally ended up speaking to a customer service "manager". She was extremely polite. She advised me the best way to handle this was to possibly just let her check into it further, and while she did they would refund the amount I had just paid for the second set of replacement parts. That sounded fair so I did and I actually received a phone call the NEXT day which I missed and had to return, but hey no prob so far. That was until I called and asked to speak to the extremely polite lady I had spoken to the day before. It just so happened that she, Dana I believe, was not available.

So I tried explaining the situation to the rep, she was completely sarcastic, even arguing with me about the EXACT warranty info to the point I was very frustrated and unwilling to even discuss it further. I think the straw that did it for me was after already ordering the parts and paying for them, then finding out via website info warranty specs, and having to go around and around and another round with what was finally a rude and dismissive customer service rep that told me she was quote, "Sooo sorry," that she needed me to explain it all over for her again... REALLY...??? "No mam, it's truly me that is sooo sorry," as she put it for having to deal with someone like her...

Even though the grill has worked great, except for the mentioned items going bad too fast. As much as I have enjoyed cooking with it for the past several years, I REFUSE to support or to have ANY dealings with ANY company rep. who actually believes they can get away with disregarding their own products' warranty then so smugly dismiss my frustration and complaint... Needless to say, I will not be grilling with my Weber Q120 this Memorial Day or possibly ever again... I will definitely not pay for any more parts that were under warranty, looks like I will grill shop this holiday..? Hope this was able to help someone.

My Weber grill isn't even one year old and it looks terrible. Showing rust on the stainless. Thought I was buying a good grill. Very disappointed in the quality of it. Not any better than other brands just more expensive.

I bought a new Weber grill three years ago for $800 and it already is broken down. Cannot keep a flame going. I called Weber and they tried to talk me through fixing it over the phone. Did not work. They then sent me a new regulator hose, but I have to install it myself. I cannot even budge the bolts. They refuse to send out an authorized tech to fix the grill. It is a wasted $800. The grill is still not working and it had been over a month. Weber is totally ignoring me and my requests. Poor customer service also. Do not buy a Weber grill!

Bought the Summit gas grill less than one year ago. Decided not to go commercial and save $1,000. Grill works GREAT!! No performance issues at all. The issue is the poor quality steel used in all the components. The burners are already corroding. The 'flavor bars' or diffusers or whatever they are called are about 1/2 way rusted through. The work area tops are also showing signs of rust as are the doors. The enamelled areas are rust free, but who knows how well the surface treatment is bonded to the steel. I'll be cleaning this up after this season and putting on the road with a 'free' sign. Really Weber. Use better steel. Even charge more for it. This grill was always cover and under cover.

We purchased a Weber BBQ Model Q320 in early spring 2014. In early summer 2016 we barbecued our dinner and then left the grill on high for 10 minutes to burn off residue on the grill. We went to turn off the bbq and scrape the grill to find smoke billowing from it and the frame was melting. We turned off the burners - not an easy feat because everything was so hot. In the end the BBQ itself had paint bubbling on the top and had sunk into the frame as it was melting. I recently contacted Weber to explain what had happened, sending pictures. I was asked for more specific pictures, which I sent only to be told it was not a warranty issue and looked like the inside of the BBQ was not cleaned well enough, therefore creating the problem.

I am not very happy as we only used this BBQ for 2 years and it was not that dirty, only to read that others have had this problem. The customer service rep I spoke to was very nice and polite but I feel they did not address the problem at all. Bottom line this was very dangerous. Thank goodness we had set a timer to go out and turn the BBQ off. I will never buy a Weber again and will not recommend any Weber products at all.

Weber Grill is 4 years old. Past summer what looks like the paint from the grill hood is falling off into food!!? I called Weber and they claim it is oxidized charcoal? Looks like paint to me and it evenly covering the entire grill surface... I do not believe the explanation. Poor product to have such a thing happen. Next grill will not be a Weber.

Our Weber grill is just over a year old. I was cooking a steak. White flames shot out from under the cabinet and from under the accessory lid, making it too hot to turn off the gas. The half tank of gas burned up in less than two minutes. Scared the crap out of me! My wife bought it for me as a Christmas present. A thousand bucks from Fruitbasket Flowerland in Walker, MI. Showed the store manager pictures and he said it was a grease fire. No, grease fires have black smoke. I sent a complaint to Weber and they had me take a bunch of pictures. Then they sent a sales rep by to take more pictures. We complained to the Better Business Bureau. They said Weber said we refused to send pictures, which was a lie.

The propane gas company, Corrigan Oil from Brighton, MI, sent over two gentleman today. They said a part was left out of the ignition switch that lights the side burner. I informed Weber of these findings. They want to think that I turned on the side burner, lit it, and closed the lid, intentionally destroying the grill. Peggy was very rude. Frankly, I am a doctor, not a propane expert, but I do have common sense and I understand customer satisfaction. If you are considering buying a Weber product, Don't do it. They do not back up their fake warranty.

I bought my first Weber grill in 1978 and it worked perfect. Adjust the vents and grill the perfect meat every time. Shut the vents and the charcoal goes out and it's ready for next time. In 2010 I bought a new Weber of the same type in hope of having another great grill. The first thing that happened was the new one has plastic handles and one melted. Then the vents doesn't shut the air off, so charcoal keeps burning, the tires and legs fall off. In short the new ones are JUNK. My advice is to buy a old used one with wood handles and let them keep their Chinese JUNK!

My grill it's a Weber Spirit, 4 years old. I DID cover the grill all the time... Still got rust all over. I DID call Customer Service. The guy told me it was the maintenance and the grease do that to the grill. Ok I DID learn my lesson. Never again buy a Weber grill, my father has a Weber for 25 year and still good, my got 4 years and it's a piece a garbage, thanks Customer Service for nothing, and thanks to Andrew ** for give me a class of bad quality products.

I have own the Weber Spirit gas grill for 3 years. In 2 different occasions the draining pan got on fire at mid-high temperature, the last one damaging the handle and peeling off the paint inside the cover. It is obvious that the pan must be clean frequently defeating the purpose of having one. A design flaw appears to be the reason since it should drain to an aluminum reservoir. I pay a stiff price looking forward to enjoy a good grilling in a first class grill not a fire hazard!! Back to charcoal!

I purchased a Ducane grill in 2000 and purchased an optional lifetime parts warranty. Ducane was bought by Weber and when I called for warranty parts I was told they did not honor that warranty. In 2007 I purchased a top of the line Ducane Stainless Series 5 burner grill at Home Depot with a 10 year Stainless cabinet warranty. The grill is less than 10 years old and now when I called for parts last month I was told Weber no longer honors the warranty. How can they get away with this. They offered a discount on a Weber brand grill, but after looking at them they are not the quality that my Ducane is and I don't like them. They should be required to provide parts for 10 years from the date of sale from the last grill sold with that warranty.

We purchased a Weber Propane Gas Grill from Lowe's for $499 when we moved to Florida 15 months ago. We use it about 3 times a week. It has 3 burner knobs. The left one appeared striped as the knob went around 350 degrees without engaging. I assumed the burner assembly was broken. From reviewing the manual this part had a 2 year warranty, but I did not know if that covered the repair. The service tech walked me through the problem and as it turns out only the inside of the rubber knob was stripped and the burner can be turned without the knob. They are sending 3 new knobs which pop in and out. Expecting the worst I now have a functioning grill with or without the 3rd knob.

I have a Weber E-310 Natural Gas Grill. I moved to a new house that doesn't have natural gas. I talked to an expert that said I would need to change the burner lines, as propane gas has smaller burner holes. This is true because I hooked up the propane, and got big flames. I called Weber and told them the issue, and they said sorry, they do not sell conversion kits. That I should buy another grill. Gee, I guess everyone has 500 dollars to throw and discard a 2 year old grill, that was hardly used. I put the thing together to begin with, so it would be an easy fix. These people are just greedy pigs. From talking to my neighbors who have Weber and Ducane (same people) grills, they universally say the fall apart and don't work correctly. I will buy a new grill all right, but it won't be from these people.

We bought this grill 10 months ago for $1800. It's all rusty even inside, the nickel handle are completely damaged. Called Weber company. They said it's not under warranty, also Lowe's manager didn't help us with the problem. For that money you can buy in Walmart every year new grill. Don't waste your money on cheap product made in China like this. You just pay for Weber name.

I purchased a grill in 7/2/16. I paid $536.43 for Spirit 310 grill. It was covered when not in use. In 4 years the grill is so badly rusted the bottom fell out in pieces. The grease tray assembly, rear panel, bottom panel, catch pan. I never had a grill rust so quickly and so severely. I'll never buy a Weber product again.

This is the top of the line SP-320, stainless with side burner. Have had this grill for three years. Year 1 replaced grill cover & grill lid. Year 2 replaced grill cover and metal grill base. Year 3 right side panel rusted, no warranty. Had to use Rustoleum paint and pray for the best. WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER WEBER!

Three days after purchasing my Weber grill, the inside of the hood was flaking off and falling into the food. I immediately called Weber customer service. Was informed by a woman representative that it was normal for flaking to occur and that it happens on all grills. I said I have owned grills for 40 years and never have I ever had this problem. They don't use heavy cast iron on their hoods! I told her that peeling paint and flaking is not acceptable. I purchased a Weber grill and spent all this money because supposedly Weber was the best. I have had the grill for 2 years. The grates are too far apart and food is always falling inside the grill. The burners cook all unevenly. The girl kept assuring all this was normal. Weber is not what I thought it would be. Unknown carcinogens falling into food is not normal.

I purchased a Weber Grill from Home Depot about 18 months ago. I was BBQ'ing one day when a fire started in the control panel of the Grill... The grill was so badly damaged from the fire that it is no longer usable, in fact it nearly started my house on fire. Weber and Home Depot have refused to do anything for me.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Weber grills have been around since the 1950s when their infamous kettle style grill became the hit of suburban backyard cookouts. Since then, Weber has continued to innovate and improve the grilling experience. Today, they offer consumers a wide range of grills including gas, electric, travel size, smokers and, of course, the kettle-style charcoal grill.

• Innovation: Weber’s original design was a huge success, but they didn’t stop there. They have also invented useful accessories, including flavorizer bars, a light for nighttime grilling and a built-in bucket for charcoal.
  • Easy to find: Buy your Weber grill online or from one of the many dealers near you. Use their online tool to find a dealer near you.
  • Weber Nation: Join Weber Nation for an all-access pass to the latest blog posts, community news and recipes. You can also access your online orders, register your grill and submit questions, photos and comments to the community.
  • Weber app: Download the free Weber app to access all the information you need for the perfect grill, no matter where you are. The app includes recipes, tutorials, a grocery list and a handy timer so you know when dinner’s ready.
  • Grill comparison: Are you torn between two or three grills? Weber’s website has a grill comparison feature that allows you to do a direct side-by-side comparison of up to three grills at a time so you can find the best one for your family.
  • Best for Weber’s versatility makes the company great for travelers, families large and small and homeowners.

Compare Barbecue Grills