3.67/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

212 Weber Grills Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I have had a Weber gas grill for about 30 years. It still looks good and works great. It even has the original burners. I have replaced only the Flavorizer bars and the ignitor. My family gave me a new grill for Christmas after we moved into our current home. I exchanged it for a new Weber. The newer one is made in China. It isn't quite as well made as the older one, but they both work well. I have a Weber charcoal grill that is about 10 years old. No problem with it either. I think they make the best grill on the market for the money.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

We have had our Weber Grill for about 10 years. Just replaced the flavor bars and the grilling racks. I expect it to last another ten years or more. Get an enflame every time that I use it. Know exactly how long to cook everything as cooking times never vary. Never have to worry that it will flame up and burn my food. I highly recommend Weber Grills for ease of use, quality and durability.

Get expert buying tips about Barbecue Grills delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

We have an older Weber grill and it works really well. We had 2 Weber grills at one time. Now we have had to combine the 2 and it even works much better! I’m wishing that we could afford a new Weber grill. It would even be nicer!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I really wanted the Green Egg, but couldn’t afford it and the Weber is the best all around decent priced grill that works great. I have a Weber grill that’s around 30”. Before I bought this grill I had the exact same one. I bought the same grill because it is easy to use and clean. I really just needed some parts for the old one, but it was cheaper to buy a new one. It is kind of weird because I didn’t need much.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I have had my Weber grill for 3 1/2 yr and I have not had any problem. I’ve owned other that have not lasted like my Weber. Anti rust, ignite button to start the grill (still in a click). Easy to keep clean. Most of all, all my burners are working in excellent conditions. Wiz man say every month clean your burners inside.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Weber?

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

Love outdoor cooking. I need a new bbq, our was overused during the hurricane. We would cook everything on the grill. Morning coffee was also prepared on the grill. We used it every day for a year.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I love to grill with charcoal, makes everything taste better veggies, fruit and meats. I will grill anything even any nuts are good on the grill! I use several kind of smoking chips even put onion slices on charcoal makes meats taste good!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I wanted to get a grill that would last more than a year. So I spent a lot of money on a Weber spirit and am disappointed. The inside is severely tarnished and the food does not cook as well as my old Weber. This one will not last me any longer than the charbroil or other less expensive grills.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I have been using for two years. Football, family get togethers. 20 or more people and this is one heck of a grill. Every time I have family over everyone asks why did I grill. I love my grill and it cooks evenly and never have to worry about not eating. This is the best gift I've ever received.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

Weber grill is not gas grill but charcoal briquettes. It definitely is durable and was not that terribly expensive. But, being round makes it a little more difficult to store during winter months. It does not easily fit into my small utility closet at the condo.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I have used a Weber grill for years. Using a Weber grill gives your BBQ a better taste and great flavor. The shape of the Weber grill lets your meat cook evenly and keeps it moist.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

This is my first time owning a gas grill so it was an awesome experience. I loved it so much that even though it had gotten to be winter time I still was cooking on my grill. It also has a lot of space to cook multiple foods and heat up foods and keep things warm. It has a cabinet space underneath which I love to store things. It make family outings a blast amongst other gatherings. Thanks Weber Grill.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

Grills are made of porcelain-enameled, cast-iron that last for years. You are able to add wood chips to provide that smoked flavor. Add a cover and maintain the grill, it too will last for a long time. We love grilling.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

Flames burned equally throughout cooking process. Steaks cooked great! Even cook some potatoes wrapped in tin foil stuffed with celery and carrots, olive oil and butter, salt and pepper, garlic powder. A tantalizing treat for your taste buds.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

My Weber Grill is over 14 years old and it looks brand new. I use it several times a year. I keep all parts functioning in proper order and replace any part as required. The food coming off the Weber Grill is very tasty.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I have a Weber Genesis I purchased 2.5 years ago. Both of the stainless side tables began rusting within 6 months of owning the grill. I called Weber and they did replace them although the woman told me I needed to keep the grill covered and use WD-40 to clean it. I told her I cover it all the time and thought it was odd that an OUTDOOR stainless grill over $800 had to be cleaned constantly with WD-40 to stave off rust. Anyway, I clean it often with said product because Weber stainless steel seems to be crap.

Secondly, and unfortunately, the grill is prone to grease fires. My previous grill was a hand me down Sears Kenmore, which I rarely cleaned, and it NEVER had a grease fire. In the 2.5 years I’ve owned this grill I’ve had 6/7 intense grease fires. One was after I had just cleaned it. I’m about to send it to the curb because I’m tired of cleaning it and the last fire almost caught my house on fire. I will never by a Weber gas grill again!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I have found the Weber products to be very dependable and last a long time if taken care of properly. This is my third Weber grill in the last forty years. They always provide excellent food and are easy to maintain.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Love to grill. Living in buffalo you have to do it while you can. But we also do it in the snow, friends from the south think I'm nuts but they love it also. Grilling in the snow that's how you know your grill is good.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I thought I was missing out on something. Always bought a middle of the road grill. So this time I went all out. $800.00 to be correct. Guess what? No different than the run of the mill grill. Save your money and buy a great steak instead of a Weber.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I love my Weber Grill. Makes all the food ready and fast for my guest. I can't wait to grill out every week for my family and friends. I wish my grill was a grill and smoker all in one that would help out a lot when people come over.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Very well made grill that cooks food very evenly. Never had any issues with the grill and can handle all types of meats. Really like using it through all seasons because it’s quick to light and cooks food very fast.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I’ve had Weber grills all my life, my last grill which I still own is about 15 years old. The one I had before was a Weber also, a Genesis 1000. This grill had two layer flavor savers stacked on top of each other and that’s what made this grill great. The burners aren't as close to the cast iron grates. My son owns that old grill, I’ve never had to replace the metal gizmo for the power striker because it still works and looks great but my newer grill I’ve replaced the Gizmo twice and they keep rusting away. Quality had taken a terrible hit.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

My grill is awesome. The copper color is so pretty. I bought it for my husband 3 yrs ago. I cooked raw chicken first time on grill. It cooked so nice and no burns or fires coming up like our last gas grill. Love it. My chicken had a smokey flavor to them. Going to cook ribs raw this time. Can't wait to taste them. Am so happy we upgraded our grill.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I enjoy trying new recipes as I use my grill. I like to use my grill to cook burgers, ribs, steaks, and chicken for my family. I also like use my grill to cook vegetables and sides to go along with my main course.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I have a huge Weber that I love making vegetable kabobs. Sometimes I use meats and fruits. Also love salmon, shrimp and burgers. I love to marinades or just using fruit juices and herbs. Desserts are another option to grill.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Love my grill. Works with small camp canisters. I bought the grill with a stand easy to assemble and a cover to keep the grill clean. Able to cook for 6, easy cleanup, and easy storage when not in use. Also comes in a variety of colors.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

My Weber grill is three years old and has had three major problems. This grill cost twice as much as similar ones but I was led to believe they last a long time. May as well buy a cheaper grill and replace it every two years. You will still come out ahead and have less hassle.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I purchased years ago a Weber Grill. I paid more for it based on the fact I was told it had a Lifetime warranty. I come to find out I was given wrong information! (Surprise Surprise yet another sales tactic) My ignitor switch does not work. So after explaining the situation to Weber, they are willing to lose my business for $29.00 part they refuse to replace for free because the Warranty has expired. No compromise. So I'm done with this company because of its extremely poor customer relations. There are much less expensive grills on the market that are better!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I am writing, unprovoked, to compliment the Weber Grills company. I have had 5-6 Weber Grills in the past, all without issues. My current 3 burner Spirit grill had an exterior fire as I was pre-warming it to do a Thanksgiving turkey. It was caused apparently by spiders that set up shop in the plenum tube. I take exceptionally good care of my equipment but honestly have never cleaned the interior of the plenum as advised by the factory. When I called Weber, they were exceptionally helpful in assisting me as to what parts I should replace due to the fire. In addition, they even provided some financial support (discount), which was truly unexpected, and shipped the replacement parts the very next day. Now I realize why I have owned 5-6 Weber Grills in the past.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I have owned several Weber Grills. By far the best grills Weber makes are the charcoal grills. The gas grills are nothing but junk. They will always, and I mean always, catch fire in the bottom of the grill causing the meal you're cooking to be destroyed.

Weber expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Weber grills have been around since the 1950s when their infamous kettle style grill became the hit of suburban backyard cookouts. Since then, Weber has continued to innovate and improve the grilling experience. Today, they offer consumers a wide range of grills including gas, electric, travel size, smokers and, of course, the kettle-style charcoal grill.

• Innovation: Weber’s original design was a huge success, but they didn’t stop there. They have also invented useful accessories, including flavorizer bars, a light for nighttime grilling and a built-in bucket for charcoal.

• Easy to find: Buy your Weber grill online or from one of the many dealers near you. Use their online tool to find a dealer near you.

• Weber Nation: Join Weber Nation for an all-access pass to the latest blog posts, community news and recipes. You can also access your online orders, register your grill and submit questions, photos and comments to the community.

• Weber app: Download the free Weber app to access all the information you need for the perfect grill, no matter where you are. The app includes recipes, tutorials, a grocery list and a handy timer so you know when dinner’s ready.

• Grill comparison: Are you torn between two or three grills? Weber’s website has a grill comparison feature that allows you to do a direct side-by-side comparison of up to three grills at a time so you can find the best one for your family.

• Best for: Weber’s versatility makes the company great for travelers, families large and small and homeowners.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs