3.27/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 15, 2018

141 Weber Grills Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 15, 2018

Weber Genesis Grills are rust machines, not grills. I am on my second Weber Grill which has again rusted away to the point of being unusable. Customer service says I have to cover it in the rain and then uncover it and dry it after in order for the grill to not rust. Are they aware that these grills are outside appliances? Looking for recommendations for my next grill. Will not give Weber any more of my hard earned money for grill #3.

Original review: April 1, 2018

Like other reviews that I have read, my Weber Genesis Gas Grill - Special Edition rusted in a number of places and finally the door fell off (like some have posted). Also, I had difficulty starting it. Despite the frame disintegrating it still cooked fairly well. I have had previous Webers that with a lot of rework lasted 10 years. This included a Summit, which did not last any longer. So my 4 year, 3 month old Weber, which I spent $900+ on was hauled off to the trash, when my newly purchased grill arrived. I simply was not interested in constant refurbishment, and was very frustrated with the whole experience.

Get expert buying tips about Barbecue Grills delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I purchased a Weber Spirit Grill in 2014. It has worked OK but about a year ago it began to rust and last week the door fell off. Also, the baffles are totally burnt through.I called to get a replacement and was told this 4 year old grill had a 2 year warranty and they would send me a replacement base for $60 and the baffles for $25. New grills have a 10 year warranty. Obviously, the grill I purchased was made with substandard material. They obviously recognized a problem and fixed it with the new grills but they won't stand behind their older grills. I purchased the Weber because it was known for high quality and standing behind their products. They need to replace this product.

Resolution response: March 20, 2018

Although not what I expected, they have offered a reasonable resolution.

Original review: March 19, 2018

After 4 decades of loyalty to WEBER (the bbq manufacturer) and a complete failure of their customer service personnel to right a bad situation, I feel the need to share with you my most recent experience. For months, I have endured frequent problems with the igniter system on my 3 burner WEBER GENESIS grill. Repeated attempts to ignite became routine over the last few months. Yesterday, March 15th, 2018, I attempted to ignite the BBQ several times until it blew-up in my face burning the majority of hair off my right arm and hand. A day later, after showering, there are notable burn marks. All photos were sent in jpeg form to Weber as instructed but they claim they cannot open several of them. Nonsense!

I mentioned they should download VLC so they do not have these silly problems in the future but they declined, instead, they stated they could not proceed with the parts to fix the grill without photos they can open. Keep in mind, the grill still has many years left on the warranty! I fully expected this company to make it right.

NOPE! Just a bunch of crap. DONE WITH WEBER.

Original review: March 5, 2018

30 year Weber (E 310 - 3 burner spirit) owner. Drip pan rusted out in my last grill (lasted 15 years) so I had to buy new. Realized after purchase that the thin side of grill grates have a crossbar that is raised - preventing use of thin side vs fat grate side. I came to love the thin grill marks over the 30+ years and do not care at all for the fat marks. Interestingly - Weber redesigned the grates for 2018 - due to massive complaints - and to their credit for correcting the horrible design flaw. I contacted Weber customer service to see if they would switch the grates out with the redesigned model allowing the choice of fat or thin marks. I have spoken to two reps and they have the same defensive posture - clearly they have been trained in their response. "This was not a design flaw or manufacturing defect" they say, "so you can purchase the corrected version for $80+."

Technically they are correct and shame on me for not cooking a burger in Lowe's before I purchased so I would realize that my spatula hits the raised crossbar while attempting to use the thin grill mark side of the grates. Bottom line: I will likely purchase the new grates due to my OCD need for thin grill marks. Perhaps the move to China to manufacture this grill has influenced the design but I am a firm believer in doing right by your customer - especially a lifer. Am I alone in this dilemma? Would love to hear other like minded.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Weber?

Original review: March 1, 2018

I grill year round! Even in the snow! I have also started using a grill mat which I love! They help keep the grill clean too! To clean the mat, burn off the grease and place in dishwasher.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I have a own a Weber Genesis BBQ Grill for 2 1/2 years now. This BBQ is the worst BBQ that I have ever owned. I have had 3 major fires under the hood of my grill. For a $1500 BBQ the performance is absolutely terrible. Weber customer service are making excuses why this would happen and not prepared to take ownership of a poorly designed BBQ. I would be more than happy to explain and elaborate on my WEBER ownership experience and I will be telling anyone who is the BBQ market to not even consider Weber. Worst BBQ I have ever owned!!!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Good value for the price. Excellent response for warranty issues. I will purchase again. It's a good value. I will purchase again when this one craps out.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I live in an Apartment Complex so my Weber Grill is able to be kept on my porch or in my House. It cooks very well. I like the cover. I was able to cover it up.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Expensive to purchase but Weber Grills are no fail and last for years and years. We've had ours since 1997!!! Replacement parts always readily available! Awesome grill!!!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

My husband is a grill master. We love grilling on our Weber Grill we purchased 8 years ago. We purchased a gas grill for our grilling fun. We never set our choices on just the basics. We take the grilling experience to the next level by grilling everything possible on our Weber Grill. Enjoying an outdoor flavor experience year round.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Our Weber is 12 years old but still works great overall. We use it three or four nights a week. I clean it inside and out and replace worn parts. The only bad part is that the flame bars are longitudinal so indirect grilling is a little more difficult but still doable.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

My grandson and I bought this new Webe grill for the 4th of July. It was already assembled. All we had to do is fold it down and slide it on our back seat in the car. That was convenient and I really love that because I am a senior citizen and any less work for me to have to do it's appreciated. The grill was on sale for 4888 and a 1-year warranty came with it. I couldn't pass that up. Any other questions that I might need to talk to anyone about the grill or grilling and email address also came with the grill. It came in the color navy blue. It's not a large one but just a regular smoke grill.

We grilled six slabs of ribs (not the baby backs), two packs of hotdogs, four packs of sausages, 12 hamburger patties and literally we only had to change the charcoal twice. The drop pan that you put the charcoal in it’s perfect. It holds the charcoals and holds the Heat. A couple of days later it started to rain and after we finish grilling we close up the little holes on the top of the grill and after it has stopped raining I went out to clean the grill and there was no water inside of it. I was really shocked. So I am really really happy with it. This is a great Grill.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

The Weber Spirit 3000 does not catch the grease well at all. Also burners doesn't run lengthwise, which is not conducive to grilling evenly! We used to love the Weber brand for decades, but the 2016 design is horrible!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

We inherited a Q1000 and used it for many years, grilling almost daily. It was the best! So efficient and durable that we decided we would buy Weber from then on. Time came to invest in a new one of our own, and we found a Q1200 that looked like a new version of the same tabletop style for $199. Well, it lasted about 6 months, until the base MELTED to the grill cavity.

After heating it for 5-10 minutes one day, we noticed it looked lopsided & discovered the cavity had sunk down on one side (due to broken plastic bolts, it appears) and MELTED to the base. We looked it all over -- the ignition still worked, the wires were intact, everything seemed normal except that it was now lopsided and stuck against the melted base! Called customer service, who asked us to send photos, and a week later heard back that their investigator ruled it was damaged by a grease fire. What the what?!?! This grill was sitting on a wooden table, and there were no signs of fire or scorching anywhere. It had only been heating up a few minutes!

From looking at the photos, it was plain as day that the bolts holding the grill cavity to the base had somehow broken, resulting in the cavity falling through on that side, and coming to rest on the plastic base legs, which then melted. No scorching or fire damage anywhere, and it was on the same side as all the wiring, which was fine! However, the customer service person had no access to the photos we sent, and said we had no recourse, since their investigation was final. Outrageous. Never again a Weber.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I have used my GENESIS S-330 GAS GRILL LP since I bought it on May 3rd, 2013. I have used this grill for over 4 years before writing this review. I live in the Phoenix metro area in the middle of the desert. I cook dinner virtually every night in the summer so we do not heat up the house. The rest of the year I probably average three meals a week on one of my grills because the boss (Momma) prefers the taste of grilled foods. I have stood in snow grilling dinner in the dead of winter in Oklahoma. I have catered many, many picnics with smoked foods. Yes, I have a food handling license.

What do I know about Weber grills? Well I have used just about every type they have put out since the early 80s. I currently own three Weber units. The first is the subject of this review, a GENESIS S-330 GAS GRILL LP. The second is a standard 22" charcoal kettle grill. The third a 22" Smoky Mountain Smoker that I use extensively. I have owned multiple other Weber units including LP three burner units over the years. The LP units are what I am going to compare and review now. The charcoal units I will continue to buy as my old ones wear out. The LP have hit my trash them ASAP list!

I do not know the model number of my last three burner LP grill prior to the current GENESIS S-330 GAS GRILL LP. However, its burners were configured from side to side and not like my current grill front to rear. There were absolutely no cold spots with the side to side configuration. With the current forward to rear configuration for the burners, there are a multitude of cold spots! To cook food now, you have to continuously move food around on the grill. Timing different foods for cooking time is impossible. When cooking multiple foods, I find myself estimating times improperly and pulling foods off when they are done and cooking others for a lot longer.

Of course this leads to food becoming cold before the rest is pulled off the grill. There was no reason for me to spend $850 for this grill! I could have done just as well with a Char Broil or other inexpensive grill for $250-$325. My current Weber will not burn off the oils and grease like my old Weber. I have to clean it out 4 times as often as my old grill. How do I know this? Well, my old grill was taken and rebuilt by my son-in-law. He still uses it as often as I use my grills. I still have the two units to compare.

My recommendation? Use the hell out of the Weber charcoal units and forget the gas units. I truly do not believe they are worth the money in any way, shape, or form. If you want to spend that much money, spend a little more and buy a professional unit from a quality grill store. If you look for the best grills on the web, you will find the Weber gas grills are very seldom mentioned. By the way... For reference... I purchased my grill from Lowe's, as stated earlier, 3 May 2013.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

Our gas grill is hooked up to our house - natural gas - and we run it 12 months a year. At times I've had to shovel out a path to the grill, but I won't stop barbecuing just because it's winter. Anyway, running year round, our Weber Genesis is still going strong at 10 years old. Have replaced grates and such every now and then, but nothing major.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Weber Grills are most durable and reliable. Cooking grates easier to clean and overall cooking quality is better than other grills I have owned. I will continue to only purchase Weber brand grills.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

Our Weber is over 16 years old. We have rehabbed it 2 times now and still going strong. Glad they make replacement parts easy to find now. We use to buy a new one every few years.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

Bought my first Weber in the 1980's it lasted 15 years outdoors uncovered. Then I replaced it with a Broil King which totally fell apart after 3 years, back to the Weber and have had it ever since and is still in good shape. I also use the little Weber camping with great success.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

We absolutely love our Weber Gas Grill! We have had this grill for several years and it's still going strong! I plan on surprising my husband for father's day and with a new Weber Grill but I'm afraid he'll want to keep both new and old!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I love how the chicken, steaks, and burgers turn out on our charcoal Weber Grill. The meats, steaks in particular, are much more flavorful and tender than when cooked on a stovetop. As with all charcoal grills, maintaining a consistent temperature can be tricky; cooking also takes longer than with gas. For that reason, one must repeatedly make small cuts into the meat to see if it is cooked to one's preference, or in the case of poultry or pork, to check if it is cooked thoroughly. The holes in the grill's lid allows for a wonderful smoked flavor.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

Upon picking up my Weber E310 I was informed that I must pick up the 175lb grill and load it. I previously called and asked if help was available and was told no BUT the guys would position the grill so I could slide it into my truck. Only problem it was sitting on a skid and there is no way to slide the grill UP into my truck. The customer service rep said "Tough" you were told. Thankfully another customer helped slide the grill into the truck. This convinced me not to purchased a second grill as I had planned. The next day I purchased another grill for a relative from Home Depot where they happily loaded the grill into my truck. Also Home Depot said if I wanted to wait a week they would assemble the grill and load in my truck.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I have been using Weber Grills for over 30 years. I've had 3 different models over the course of those years. The only reason I have needed a new one was because of natural disasters. I've always found them to be well made and reliable. The temperature is even across the grate surfaces. No hot or cool spots. They heat up quickly. They are a pleasure to use. The company is a breeze to deal if you have a problem with your model. Whether it's in or out of warranty they are extremely helpful with a repair or send a new part. They are definitely built to last. I wouldn't use any other.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

We have had our Weber for 18 years. Still great! We clean it after each use and have replaced a few parts to keep it looking like new. If I ever need to replace it, I would not buy any other brand.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

We purchased a Weber Platinum C Series Grille approximately 8-10 years ago. The grille looks and performs as good as the day we bought it. We use it more in the summer of course and keep it outside covered with a Weber Grille Cover all winter long.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

The Weber Grill is outstanding. Mine is over 15 years old and still looks good and works like new. It is an expensive grill but worth every penny. The temperature gauge still works fine and the grill surfaces are still like new. Cleaning it easy and using oven cleaner makes the job quick and easy.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

Bought my first Weber 22.5" charcoal kettle in 1982, still own it and use it regularly. It is in great shape after 35 years of use. My wife gave me a first generation Weber gas grill in the late '80s. It is still at my office, where I use it to grill lunch for my employees. We have a Weber Smoky Mountain Cooker that is in terrific shape and cooks great. The Weber Genesis III gas grill we purchased about 8 years ago is a PIECE OF GARBAGE.

After only 8 years, the cheap sheet metal in the bottom of the grill cabinet has rusted completely through and is falling on the ground. The stainless steel flavorizer bars have burned through and need replacement. The gas valve leaks like a sieve. After only a few years I will be wheeling the Weber Genesis III, which cost over $850, to the curb for the scavengers or garbage men to take away and will never purchase another Weber product again. Weber quality is no longer to be relied upon. STAY AWAY! We could NOT be more disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

Our Weber gas grill is wonderful heavy duty, holds heat and is true to temp. Grills evenly. I love the color. We got it in a dark red crimson color. It is not overly huge just the right mid range size. I would definitely purchase again. We loved it so much we even purchased my mother and father-in-law one!!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

I bought this Weber Grills 13 years ago and it's still working fine today. Incredible performer. It was the most expensive at the time but has certainly proven its value.

Weber expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Weber grills have been around since the 1950s when their infamous kettle style grill became the hit of suburban backyard cookouts. Since then, Weber has continued to innovate and improve the grilling experience. Today, they offer consumers a wide range of grills including gas, electric, travel size, smokers and, of course, the kettle-style charcoal grill.

• Innovation: Weber’s original design was a huge success, but they didn’t stop there. They have also invented useful accessories, including flavorizer bars, a light for nighttime grilling and a built-in bucket for charcoal.

• Easy to find: Buy your Weber grill online or from one of the many dealers near you. Use their online tool to find a dealer near you.

• Weber Nation: Join Weber Nation for an all-access pass to the latest blog posts, community news and recipes. You can also access your online orders, register your grill and submit questions, photos and comments to the community.

• Weber app: Download the free Weber app to access all the information you need for the perfect grill, no matter where you are. The app includes recipes, tutorials, a grocery list and a handy timer so you know when dinner’s ready.

• Grill comparison: Are you torn between two or three grills? Weber’s website has a grill comparison feature that allows you to do a direct side-by-side comparison of up to three grills at a time so you can find the best one for your family.

• Best for: Weber’s versatility makes the company great for travelers, families large and small and homeowners.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs