3.44/5

181 Weber Grills Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

My ignitor stopped working on my Weber Spirit Gas Grill. Called customer service, and after a very friendly and helpful conversation they sent out a new ignitor module. I was past the warranty time, but they still sent it for FREE! Installed it, but it didn't solve the issue, so I called again. This time they sent me an entire ignitor kit- again- FOR FREE! Hooked everything up - fired it up - and BINGO! It lit perfectly. I can't say enough about how great my experience was. I will definitely buy Weber products in the future, and also will share this story with my friends.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

Purchase a Weber Genesis II E-310 from Lowe's this past July. Days after had it delivered I discovered two cosmetic defects caused by Weber's advertising decals after they been removed.One on the lid and one on the shelf. Called Weber and they said they would replace the lid and shelf. Received the shelf within weekend and was told the lid is backordered and won't be available till September which I wasn't happy with but really had no choice. It's the end of September and now their telling me the lid is backorder till December!!! I was very upset and contacted Customer Service again and asked why they couldn't supply me the stainless steel lid since this grill is still in production and they make thousand of them everyday.

Again I was told it was backordered till December but offered a different color lid which was available. I told they I wanted the same lid I have now or replace the whole grill. Again they stated the lid is backordered and they also won't replace the grill. I purchased the grill at Lowe's and they said they couldn't help me and to contact Weber! So I guess I have to wait 4 months for a grill lid which is ridiculous since the oven is still in production and parts must be available to produce them as new. They wouldn't even entertain replacing the whole grill which would be easy enough for them to do thru Lowe's. Bottom line is poor customer service for a grill that is top rated and you pay a premium price to purchase. I have been buying Weber Grills for years and it's sad to see how profit is more important than a satisfied customer!

Get expert buying tips about Barbecue Grills delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

Okay, to be fair my Weber grill gave me 10+ years of excellent service until the grill/grate part of it rusted beyond use. The pit that contains the coals had quite a bit of life still in it (still does). That's a good thing, right? So all I have to do is go out to Lowe's or Home Reports and buy a replacement grill/grate. So I do that, and that's where the problem comes in. The replacement grate that is a certified Weber product does not fit the "same size" grill. It keeps falling into the pit of hot coals with my burgers and whatnot coming out scorched and charred beyond recognition. So, yeah, the Weber grill gave me 10+ years of excellent service but then it screwed me in the end by failing what would seem a very simple test. Just give me a replacement grate that fits the original product. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I like writing good reviews and would laud Weber's gas grill that I own and the original grill cover. My grill is at least 7 years old and sits outside year round. The original cover has held up perfectly until this year and has finally worn through on the top where snow sits throughout the winter. I called Weber to replace the cover and they sent me the cover for my model. Immediately, I realized this one was half the thickness of the original. Then I put it on my grill and it is way too big. It has velcro straps on each side but is still too big. A good gust of wind will blow it off. I want one exactly like the one that came with it or at the very least, one that fits the grill. Don't waste your money on Weber's covers. Go to Walmart. Shame on you Weber.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

Weber got a bad roll of stainless to manufacture my Genesis grill. The tables began to rust almost immediately. The old Sears it replaced was in the same spot for 10+ years without a blemish. The company will not respond to my requests. Good grill in a crappy wrapper. Maybe you should keep shopping or live with rust. Maybe Weber will finally pay attention?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Weber?

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

We grill 2-3 times weekly (all year round) and have been happy with our last Weber grill that my daughter still uses after 20+ years since purchase. Purchased a Weber Spirit E-310 on 3/17. Two days ago, while igniting the grill it caught on fire which involved having the fire department out to assist with putting the fire out. The fire department determined that the hose and regulator were defective. Filed a claim for replacement and go a lot of running around with no replacement for a $26.00 part. Just contacted our local TV consumer advocate and he is very interested in spotlighting companies not living up to their warranties. Also sent a letter to their Headquarters in Illinois, Chief Marketing Office regarding this issue. Bottom line, it is not about the $26.00 to replace the part - it is about Weber not honoring their warranty.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

We bought a new Spirit S210 in March this year. Well we have had a older one that had served us well for many years. But after close to 15-16 years ago and I must admit I could have been better at upkeep but never missed a lick. We retired and moved and it just was not worth it to move it and just wanted a new smaller unit (empty nesters).

We went to Lowe’s and bought a display unit they gave us $50.00 off so sold. Well when we got home the lighter plunger case was cracked did not see that at the store. Called Weber and they sent one out N/C. Great Customer service. Now to today just grilled some wings and Chicken Breasts. I had taken the food off the grill and was in the kitchen and ask my wife to turn it off in 5 min. Well my bad she has never used the grill. I do that in our place. I went out after dinner to clean it up and it was still hot. Well she did know the push the Knobs in to turn and she stripped them out so I called Weber to order new ones and to my surprise they are sending out 2 new knobs for free. Cannot ask for much more than that. Always have been a Weber guy and will continue to be one and recommended them to everyone I know. Way to go Weber.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Very disappointed with my Weber gas grill similar to the current model Q 3200 LP. Have used this for several years without trouble. 3 weeks ago I went to turn the burners off after grilling and the metal top and pan had severely melted the plastic base/stand causing the metal grilling area to begin sinking toward the driveway! With dripping/flowing plastic headed toward the gas tank, valve and gas line I was able to shut off the gas within minutes of what I'm sure would have been a very ugly situation and possible explosion. Contacted local Ace Hardware where I purchased the unit and they contacted Weber. Received request for photos which I sent directly to Weber. After a week I was sent an "offer" from Weber to purchase a new unit at a cost $30.00 less than a new one from our local Ace Hardware. No explanation, no apologies, no further information or reasoning behind their offer.

During my initial conversation with Weber their customer service representative indicated that this situation had occurred in the past as well with other customers. This alone is very disturbing. I will think long and hard before I use another product from Weber. Always considered Weber to be a top quality company but this issue has definitely changed my opinion of them both with their product design and definitely with their customer service! While some of their products may be very good PLEASE DO NOT buy anything from them molded with plastic components.... especially the base! I will never recommend another Weber product to anyone!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

This Weber barbecue only used 5 times lights up but only reaches 200 degrees. Cannot cook steaks. We have taken burners apart. Did what was suggested and still not working well enough to cook. It's very frustrating when you only need to use it once or twice a summer and it cost 700$. It is now 4 years old.

Original review: July 24, 2018

The Weber is excellent for both grilling and smoking meats whether it's pork chops or long smoked Boston Butt. The enamel coated metal make it indestructible and useful for sometimes years and years. I have owned many but because rather than move a filthy grill, I have left them for the next tenant.

Original review: July 23, 2018

My Weber gas grill was originally my father-in-law's grill but he wanted to downsize to something smaller and with charcoal, so he gave it to me. That thing looks like it just came out of the store! It's all sparkling and the components are easy to clean. That also says it's durable. Sure you pay more for a Weber but you are also paying for QUALITY!!!

Original review: July 21, 2018

My Weber was expensive, however it is the SS version and has held up very well. It does require a good yearly cleaning, although even though I live in the northeast, I use it year around.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I have owned many Weber products over 30 years. I purchased a Weber Spirit from Home Depot in Florida about 3 years ago. It was kept under a covered lanai. After a year the internal parts began rusting out. Weber was kind enough to keep sending replacements and I got to take apart and repair rusted pieces. Well the base and sides completely rusted through and again Weber sends me a base. The problem is the sides are rusted so nothing to attach the base to. Weber then wants me to get new sides which is just wonderful but they are riveted together!!! What is the 10 year warranty??? Weber keeps sending pieces of a grill so you can put it together! Well the final straw was a fire that happened and even once knobs turned off it flames. Inside is rusted. The stand and base are rusted through! $400 bucks and the grill is useless after 3 years!

Original review: July 20, 2018

Replaced the flavorizer bars 2 times, last time with the SS ones. Grill grates have been replaced twice. Replaced the igniter once, don't think I really had to but... Bought it in 1990 and still going great.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I have one for 15 years and still works. I replace 2 burners free of charge. Best grill I ever had. Very good customer service. I will buy another one and recommend a friend.

Original review: July 18, 2018

When I got to the point financially to buy a "good" gas grill I chose Weber. I have always used Weber charcoal grills and have loved them. I bought the Spirit E310 and put it on my houseboat. The grill works great as long as the operator understands that the knobs are cheap plastic. July 4th week we were on vacation on the houseboat and my wife decided to grill some burgers and hot dogs. She had no problem lighting it but when someone else attempted to adjust the temperature, the knob turned past the stop and that's when the confusion started.

As the flames grew higher and higher, she turned the knobs to "off" by the labels and the flames grew higher and higher until all out panic set in. I was in the lake swimming at the time and when I realized what was going on it was almost too late. I managed to turn the burners off and extinguish the flames in time before I lost my crew and houseboat. If it wasn't for my mechanical background and understanding of how things work it could have been a disaster. Luckily, it only cost us some meat and a lot of embarrassment.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I have had this Weber Silver over 16 years! We have used year round grilling at least once a week. I have replaced the flavor bars once. We have had cheaper grills that just didn’t last. I would recommend Weber without hesitation!

Original review: July 17, 2018

Purchased a brand new Weber S-310 just before Memorial Day 2018 for $850 from Home Depot. I registered the grill with Weber right after I bought it as they recommend. I have used it four times and on the fifth time the furthest right burner stopped working. I called their customer service line and spoke to a representative. She wanted me to go through all kinds of diagnostics with her including unscrewing parts underneath the grill which I did not feel comfortable doing as I have a medical issue. I explained to her I was not going to try repairs myself when the grill is only two months old. Suddenly without saying anything except “please hold” she transferred me to her supervisor “Sarah”. She proceeded to explain that she would not send a service tech out unless I try to diagnose the problem myself.

This is the first time I have ever reviewed anything on the Internet but I feel extremely disgusted at the customer service from Weber. I told Sarah since it was within 90 days, I would return the grill to Home Depot and Weber would be stuck with it. She proceeded to tell me that Weber wouldn’t be stuck with it. It would just be Home Depot. Wow what a company! Sarah should be fired and no one should buy one of these grills. You expect better from a so-called “high end” company.

Original review: July 14, 2018

We have been a loyal supporter of Weber Grills for years, even to the extent that our local Lowe's (04412) uses our experience when selling. In the past it was perfect. Now with our latest Spirit grill we went with the stainless steel one as we thought it may be a upgrade. 3 nights ago our house almost caught fire, we lost 2 beautiful steaks and my wife lost 2 of her new nails. Called Customer support and 3 or 4 reps, they wanted a series of pictures. It's the same grill they sold us, the problem is the design. Pictures are a worthless exercise as there are no modifications done, it's the same as all the others with this design flaw. Our past one that lasted 10 years did not have this problem which is why we promoted Weber Grills.

Very disappointed in customer service as reviews show this as a stranded pattern. I have a call into the President of the company and will see what this may or may not accomplish? He was in meetings on Friday and his assistant was on vacation. Apparently no one else was on call? Two years ago we had a neighbor who lost her entire house due to a grease fire so my wife has major concerns with sleepless nights. We are both seniors and things bother us. I'm 72 and thought I would be away from consumer problems but apparently not.

Original review: July 14, 2018

Weber has been a great grill for years. Finding parts is easy, cleanup relatively easy, cooking great. Most Webers last at least 5 years if you maintain them.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Weber outlast the off brand grills, they cook evenly and the parts are quality made. Taken care of, it will last you many years. Very happy with our Weber.

Original review: July 11, 2018

Weber grill work perfect every time we use it. It is very good and built to last. Weather doesn’t seem to affect the grill at all. It also cooks evenly. We had a charbroil before the Weber and it rusted out in 2 years time.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I have a very small Weber gas grill which is usually adequate for me. It is well made and durable. However, it only has one grate and only one cooking zone so you need to cook everything at the same temperature.

Original review: July 9, 2018

Bought this grill in 2002 - asked for the "top of the line" and this is what they sold us. I never knew that a grill would last this long and only need two replacements - especially since it has never been under cover, and was always left on the back deck - The cover wore out from the weather, so had to get a new one 5 years ago. The igniter started to fail and replaced it at about 10 years old. Even though most of the top is stainless steel, the edges are painted black. One time I bought high temperature black paint and touched up a small area near the handle. After all of this time, there is no rust on it yet. Each year, as start up for the season, it gets a thorough cleaning and waxing. Other than that it remains one of the best purchases I've ever made.

Original review: July 1, 2018

Purchased Spirit Weber grill June 2016. Inside top of grill peeling and falling on food being grilled. Paid almost $500 for grill with 10 Warranty. Called Weber customer service and was told too bad no help. I asked for another top but was refused. I have disputed charges with Lowe’s and is currently investigating. BTW Sam’s has the exact same grill for $200.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I have owned this Genesis 2 for about 4 years. The quality has certainly gone down since I bought one for my son 6 years ago. I got 2 good years out of mine and since then it has been a steady stream of replacing worn out and burned out parts. I have had to replace the burners, the deflectors (2x), the grids(2x), the hood (inside rusted out), and this year the whole inside frame and base have rusted out and are not covered by warranty. It cooks well but quality wise it’s no better than the much cheaper brands.

Original review: May 11, 2018

My Weber Genesis needed parts. I called the company and they were friendly and helpful. They sent me the parts I needed, free, and even offered to expedite shipping for free. I declined the offer, to save them money. The service was outstanding, far beyond what I had expected. So, no complaints here. Just praise.

Original review: May 1, 2018

The Weber grill is a nice looking grill, has a attachment to hook up a thermometer and sync with an app. This is useful when not able to sit right in front of the grill. The grill is very durable. The price is high but you pay for quality.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I've been a fan of Weber, but this last one I bought here in Florida is a junk shop with wheels. You are aware they are not cheap. I have this one for about 5 years, you would think that the thermometer on the grill should give me at least 5 years, but the original went to thermometer heaven, and they replaced it even though it was out of warranty, so that was 2, in thermometer heaven. Now the replacement needs burial, and they will not replace it unless I pay for it.

In the meantime, I have replaced the burners, which were under warranty, the casters and inserts, which are plastic holding up a 200 pound grill, the igniters, and a small metal piece that protects the igniter button, which none of those were under warranty. They seem to warranty only the items that they know will last awhile, everything else, you're on your own. For this money everything should be warranted for 5 or 6 years. Wal-mart, Home Depot and Lowe's sell other grills that probably will give you as good and maybe better service. For $800.00 or more the cheaper ones can be repaired as many times as Weber. And much cheaper. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Original review: April 29, 2018

Weber used to man made in America Not assembled in America. It’s a basic model. You have to buy the grill that you can open if you need to add charcoal. Overall it’s okay.

Weber expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Weber grills have been around since the 1950s when their infamous kettle style grill became the hit of suburban backyard cookouts. Since then, Weber has continued to innovate and improve the grilling experience. Today, they offer consumers a wide range of grills including gas, electric, travel size, smokers and, of course, the kettle-style charcoal grill.

• Innovation: Weber’s original design was a huge success, but they didn’t stop there. They have also invented useful accessories, including flavorizer bars, a light for nighttime grilling and a built-in bucket for charcoal.

• Easy to find: Buy your Weber grill online or from one of the many dealers near you. Use their online tool to find a dealer near you.

• Weber Nation: Join Weber Nation for an all-access pass to the latest blog posts, community news and recipes. You can also access your online orders, register your grill and submit questions, photos and comments to the community.

• Weber app: Download the free Weber app to access all the information you need for the perfect grill, no matter where you are. The app includes recipes, tutorials, a grocery list and a handy timer so you know when dinner’s ready.

• Grill comparison: Are you torn between two or three grills? Weber’s website has a grill comparison feature that allows you to do a direct side-by-side comparison of up to three grills at a time so you can find the best one for your family.

• Best for: Weber’s versatility makes the company great for travelers, families large and small and homeowners.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs