2. Homeowners

Weber Grills

3.9/5 (152 ratings)

About Weber Grills

Weber Grills Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Weber Grills?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Weber?

Original review: June 8, 2021

Weber is a classic grill that does it all. It is cheap and will outperform more expensive grills if you use it properly. I primarily use my Weber Kettle grill to smoke (not huge briskets) and grill meats (using reverse sear). If you can put smoke and sear in your weber kettle, it will outperform other charcoal grills that are way more expensive. If you need more capacity, get the 26" and trust me, it is enough if you know what you are doing.

Just make sure you clean your grates well and empty the ash. The biggest weakness for weber kettle is the lower vent. Over time, if you do not take care of it, it will rust and affect your ability to control the flame. So clean them regularly and take care of it. There are plenty of replacement parts that are available nowadays. so if anything breaks, it is easy to replace the parts.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

I needed to replace my flavorizer bars and couldn't find any for my particular grill at my local home stores. I contacted Weber to order them. By the end of the day Customer Service emailed me and said the bars were still under warranty. They did ask for pictures of the rust I was experiencing. I sent the pictures and the next day they replied that they were reviewing the damage. Following day I got an email with tracking information. I received my new stainless steel bars a few days later via FedEx. In each of our back and forth emails, they were prompt, professional and courteous. Don't know what went wrong with some of the people that had bad experiences, but mine was a pleasure.

Get buying tips about Barbecue Grills delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

I received my Weber EP-335 GBS BBQ yesterday along with many Weber accessories; the packaging was superb and the assembly straightforward, there is even a 3D App that can be downloaded to talk you through if needed. When built the BBQ is a robust well designed piece of kit, which looks as though it will give many satisfying years of service, all well and good until you view the accessories.

Firstly, although the model I chose had a searing station it did not come with a searing grill grate? This you have to purchase separately at a price of £52.99, leaving you with a new, unwanted and unused round grill to be stored in the sear grill box! Why Weber, it's a cheap shot at raising the price; if it has a searing station it should have a searing grill (unworthy)? Further, the price of the covers are twice the price (and inferior) to an "Outback" for example; (when discussed), this has genuinely resulted in friends buying generic covers for their Weber BBQ,s destroying any advertisement Weber may have gained for trying to be sly and mean and results in them advertising someone else's product!!

Original review: June 24, 2020

Weber Grills combine the tradition and soulfully satisfying urge of men to cook over open flames as we have 100,000 years. While at the same time using scientific and sound logic in their grill. It is simple to use and maintain, it provides a steady even and dependable heat source for grilling anything. I grilled a swordfish steak for my review. Swordfish is very easy to overcook or to leave raw in the middle. This is why I thought it a great test. I used a small amount of brackets surrounding a pan of water placed directly under the fish. What makes weber brilliant is its simplistic approach and not breaking what works so well. The shape circulate the heat in a circulates the heat dependably so the grill Sergeant knows where they can and should where they can place their meat. Love the grill.

Original review: June 19, 2020

Weber BBQs have been around for a long time and they have always been at the top of the list when it comes to grills that use charcoal rather than propane. Priced much higher than most of its type, I've always been very happy with Weber because of their durability. It doesn't pay to "cheap out" on these units; the saying "You get what you pay for" stands tried and true with Weber grills. Paying more for this grill has been worth it for my family, especially when camping out when the grill has been our only means of preparing food. When shopping for grills - for my backyard or a smaller, portable one for camping, I choose and recommend Weber, first and foremost.

Original review: June 16, 2021

I placed an order for a replacement cooking grate for my 18 inch Weber Grill on May 30th. After never getting a tracking number by I called their 1 800 number on June 9th, to be told it was backlogged in the warehouse. So they ordered me another one that they would overnight to me and I would have it no later than the 10th. I didn't get that one either. Calling them back I was told you should have been told it would take 2-3 days to process that order and I would have it on Monday. Needless to say I didn't get that either.

After posting on their website twice about their terrible customer service I was sent a message asking for the order number and they would look into it. I gave them BOTH order numbers. They got back to me and said I would have an email with tracking numbers no later than Tuesday. Once again lies! I never received the cooking grate, tracking number, absolutely nothing. I am fed up with this company. I live 6 hours away from their warehouse and could have driven there to get the damn grate! I will make sure to tell everyone with ears that weber is not a company you want to do business with, period!

Original review: June 14, 2021

Basic Weber charcoal grills are still a must-have and continue to improve on durability. There’s nothing better than meat cooked low and slow on a Weber charcoal grill. You can control the heat. Use flavored charcoal.

Original review: June 14, 2021

I have had Weber grills for over 20 years. Not only do they do the job right but when you need a part replacement they go out of their way to ensure you get what you need and are satisfied…FULLY. Example I was replacing a grill cover along with a couple of other parts, a year out of warranty and I expressed my disappointment on the performance of my cover. Without hesitation my representative offered me the new cover at NO CHARGE! I was amazed! What a company. Nothing but Weber in our family now.

Original review: June 13, 2021

I have been using Weber grills for many years. I did have a propane grill but just didn't care for it. Charcoal is what I love to use. And the Weber is so easy to use, easy to control the heat and easy clean up. Wouldn't use anything else.

Original review: June 13, 2021

It has lifetime warranty on any parts. No rust presence after one year of using. Love it so much. No falling apart grill. Great design grill. Great investment and great value. Easy to hook up gas tank.

Weber author review by ConsumerAffairs

Weber grills have been around since the 1950s when their infamous kettle style grill became the hit of suburban backyard cookouts. Since then, Weber has continued to innovate and improve the grilling experience. Today, they offer consumers a wide range of grills including gas, electric, travel size, smokers and, of course, the kettle-style charcoal grill.

• Innovation: Weber’s original design was a huge success, but they didn’t stop there. They have also invented useful accessories, including flavorizer bars, a light for nighttime grilling and a built-in bucket for charcoal.

• Easy to find: Buy your Weber grill online or from one of the many dealers near you. Use their online tool to find a dealer near you.

• Weber Nation: Join Weber Nation for an all-access pass to the latest blog posts, community news and recipes. You can also access your online orders, register your grill and submit questions, photos and comments to the community.

• Weber app: Download the free Weber app to access all the information you need for the perfect grill, no matter where you are. The app includes recipes, tutorials, a grocery list and a handy timer so you know when dinner’s ready.

• Grill comparison: Are you torn between two or three grills? Weber’s website has a grill comparison feature that allows you to do a direct side-by-side comparison of up to three grills at a time so you can find the best one for your family.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team