Vulcan Basement Waterproofing

Newark, NJ

Compare Basement Waterproofing

Research top Basement Waterproofing recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

The customer service agents were very friendly and helpful. She seemed genuinely empathetic when I told her my basement flooded. Very knowledgeable and scheduled the appointment quickly. The inspection was very thorough. They made sure they didn't miss anything, and went over the entire basement area. They were very quick and efficient. I was pleased with the value of the service provided. The finished product has definitely kept the basement safe and prevented me from having to replace any water damage. It's a great value when you consider that along with the great customer service, inspection and installation. The company was very reliable. Always showed up on time for scheduled appointments and worked quickly and professionally. The finished product was done as promised and prevented further flooding and water damage to my property and/or belongings.

The customer service agents were very friendly and helpful. She seemed genuinely empathetic when I told her my basement flooded. Very knowledgeable and scheduled the appointment quickly. The inspection was very thorough. They made sure they didn't miss anything, and went over the entire basement area. They were very quick and efficient. I was pleased with the value of the service provided. The finished product has definitely kept the basement safe and prevented me from having to replace any water damage. It's a great value when you consider that, along with the great customer service, inspection, and installation. The company was very reliable. Always showed up on time for scheduled appointments, and worked quickly and professionally. The finished product has done as promised and prevented further flooding and water damage to my property and/or belongings.

They have the best customer support. They are always there when I need them. They are the best out there. The inspections are always on point. They never hide anything from you. I love the way they know what they are doing. The value is great. I have met others that have not met up to my needs like they do. Great reliability. I have never had any doubts about them. I love what they do and stand for. I have nothing but great things to say about them and their company and what they stand for.

Very good, helped me out with finding the right product for my basement, did not have any issues but would have felt comfortable calling if I did. Inspected all throughout until it was verified that all was done correctly and there was nothing we would run into down the line in the future. Very happy with the outcome, would definitely recommend to friends and family. Great value, not cheap but you get what you pay for and this is worth the extra money. Great value for the price because it will save you time and money in the long run. Has a great warranty and guarantee to last for years. Extremely reliable product from what I have heard and read. Have had neighbors tell me they have used the same product and have never had to replace or have had any problems whatsoever.

They are very professional, very courteous, they do the job very well. Great company and handle any question I have in a very timely response. Great excellent customer service. They always double check to make sure everything is 100% to ensure high quality services and sales. Excellent caring. Love the company and their integrity. Services are at a great value. Technically worth more than they are priced but they provide honest prices and excellent service all the way around. They guarantee several methods to ensure reliability and perfect services. They do back every product they provide and every service they complete.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vulcan Basement Waterproofing?

Their customer service was great. They answer all my questions and everything in a timely manner. They were very friendly and knowledgeable and I'd recommend this to anyone and do this again myself if I needed. The inspection was fairly quick. No issues arose here. Was rather painless. The value was great. I pay less than most quotes that I have gotten before using this particular company. This was very reliable. Thank you very much.

They got there right on time and didn't stay for too long. They were friendly and knowledgeable and could answer any questions that I had. They knew exactly what they were doing. They were in and out quick. I would highly recommend them to friends and family members. I heard that they were good from a friend but didn't believe it until I saw them in action. I needed to have the service done but was expecting a very high cost. I would have done it myself but I was not skilled enough to do it. They were very professional and the cost was way lower than I had budgeted. Each time I would call them I was assured that my information was confidential.

They helped me when I was in great need. My basement was terrible and they did the best job you could ever ask for. I would not have asked for any better. It was done fast and to a T. I saw the quality work being done and the passion they were putting into it. I will highly recommend it to anyone that needs. The price is great and the quality is fast. I love the price and I have never complained. There is so many more options but not at the price and quality I get. They were there and done in no time. Was right on time and got job done right. I have no complaints in any department. It was great and high tech service. I would tell my friend. I love this service.

My basement has water problem in spring when there is a lot of snow in the past winter. It only happens every two years. I hired Vulcan to waterproof it in Oct. 2014. After the project is done, I got water in my basement whenever it rains. I wonder anyone who used Vulcan and has the similar problem can contact me to share your experience. **

We had them waterproof 2 basements and spent over 9 thousand dollars doing it exactly as they told us it should be done to keep the basements dry. A very good salesman named Alan and his wife sat in our living room assuring me that he stands behind this company and would be there for us but that this would solve the problem 100%.

In less than 2 years we started to have issues with one of the basements and when we called them we were first told that because of the hurricane, sand had shifted and that was the issue and it was not their problem but they could fix it for 3 thousand dollars more by breaking up the just completed basement tiles etc... When we pointed out that the job was done after sandy, they hemmed and hawed and said well the fine print on the contract says that if water comes up farther than 3 feet from their pipes, it is not their problem but they could fix it for 1,500. I demanded to speak to Alan, the person who swore to me that it would be designed to keep it dry but they refused to let me speak to him and no matter how many times I tried I could not get to Alan. I am going to try to get the attorney general and any other agency there is to go after these crooks. Avoid them like the plague.

In October of 2007, we hired Vulcan to install a waterproofing system in our basement. We hired them to install this product because they guaranteed that we would never get another flood in our basement again. After Vulcan installed their product, we replaced our furnace and hot water heater because our previous one had been damaged in the flooding. We also finished our basement and made a bedroom down there for our son. On March 7, 2011, we opened the door to the basement to get the dog and go for a walk and saw our dog trapped in 2 feet of water with just her head sticking out. At that point, I ran downstairs and pulled my dog out of the freezing cold water. We then called the fire department to come in and pump the water out of our basement.

Once the water was out, we called Astar Heating, who had installed out furnace and hot water heater to service them since they weren't working due to the flood. Astar came in, looked at them, and said that the whole system needed to be replaced. We told them that we do not have the funds to replace them and he said that he would put together some prices and send us a quote. He then left us without heat or hot water.

We called another company to come in and take a look at it because we could not stay without heat or hot water. They came in and got our hot water heater working but said that there were no guarantees as to how long it would last. He left us with 2 space heaters until he could get the parts for the furnace. After 2 days without heat, he came in and got the furnace working again with no guarantee of how long it will last. It cost us $700 to get it working.

On March 7, 2011, the same day, we also contacted Vulcan and told them what had happened. We spoke to Victor. Victor said that the earliest he could have someone come and look at it was on March 9th. We were expecting more heavy rain on March 10th. Between March 7th and 9th we were in contact with Victor numerous times and he told me that his technician was going to come and install an hp sump pump to replace the 1/3 hp they had previously installed. On March 9th, when we called to confirm that the technician was still coming because we hadn't heard from them, Victor informed us that his technician didn't have the hp so he wasn't going to be there that day. We explained to Victor that we needed something done because we were expecting more heavy rain the next day.

Victor said that he was going to check to see if his guy was still in the area and let us know. We never heard back from him that night. On March 10th, Vulcan's technician came in and installed a second 1/3 hp sump pump. He ran the pipe out the side of the house and across the lawn, leaving it that way. On March 11th, my wife left numerous messages for Victor to call us back so we can discuss the issue and we still have not heard from him as of March 17th.

Because Vulcan's waterproofing system failed, we have lost thousands of dollars in repairs to our home, including but not limited to our hot water heater, furnace, sheet rock, computers, footwear, and almost our dog. We would like for Vulcan to pay for our damages and either fix the problem that they were hired to fix or refund us out money so that we can get someone to do it the right way.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Vulcan focuses on one thing: basement waterproofing. Established in 1947, the company has a long history in the business. Vulcan services areas of the northeast and mid-Atlantic.

• DIY education: Vulcan offers lots of tips on basement waterproofing to homeowners, including how to check for signs of leakage and prevent leaks before they occur.
  • Effective French drain installation: Vulcan prides itself on being one of the best at installing French drain systems - one of the best ways to protect foundations.
  • Free home inspections: Know the problem and the price to fix it before even hiring Vulcan.
  • Commercial services: Vulcan has completed jobs for manufacturing plants, federal facilities, health institutions, universities and other large businesses.
  • Outdoor concrete repair: Cracked or sinking concrete near the house can allow water to enter. Vulcan specializes in fixing such issues.
  • Best for Large companies, institutions and homeowners in need of comprehensive basement waterproofing services.

Compare Basement Waterproofing