3.20/5

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Newark, NJ

Quit paying for costly home repairs

11 Vulcan Basement Waterproofing Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I found a small amount of water on the floor in my unfinished basement, and having grown up in a house that frequently flooded, I wanted to nip any potential problems in the bud. Vulcan sent their salesman, Mike **, to assess what was going on, and he determined that water was coming up through the floor and that I needed a french drain system. Total: $5,500. There was a lot of confusion with the scheduling. Vulcan kept calling to change the date and then someone else from Vulcan would call to say a different date, and I only found out 4:30 pm the day before they were coming that they were actually coming. Not fun to try and take off work that last minute, and to clear out the space in the basement where they needed to work.

A few months after the system was installed, I found the same water spot in the same location. I called Vulcan to report the problem, and the first two times I called, they blew me off, "that's nothing." The third time I called, they said they would send Mike ** out to investigate. At 7 am the morning Mike was to come out he cancelled, and it took another month to get him (or anyone) to come over. Mike looked around, investigated, and basically said the original cause of the water was just general condensation, the same as anyone would have in an unfinished basement, and a $150 dehumidifier would have done the job.

Per Mike **'s instructions, I tried via email and phone to follow up with Mike ** (why is everyone named Mike???), the supervisor to see what could be done to rectify the face that Vulcan sold me this very expensive system I didn't need. For months, Mike ** never got in touch with me. I called everyone at Vulcan I could get ahold of and was eventually sent to Victor **, who was supposed to be able to do something/anything. Victor strung me along for a little bit, then started dodging my calls.

Original review: May 9, 2017

Vulcan Basement Waterproofing installed a French drain and sump pump back in 1999. We had continuing problems which they addressed in 2000. Over the years we had continuing issues, and finally realized that we needed to have the job completely redone. The sheet rock had to be torn out up to a level of 4'. It was damp and moldy. It was discovered that weep holes were never drilled in the blocks at the bottom of the wall. It's been a massive job that will be more costly to repair with the wall damage. It's a shame that our towns don't require waterproofing work to be inspected like other jobs. It would help protect us from companies that don't know how to do the work properly.

Get expert buying tips about Basement Waterproofing delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

They have the best customer support. They are always there when I need them. They are the best out there. The inspections are always on point. They never hide anything from you. I love the way they know what they are doing. The value is great. I have met others that have not met up to my needs like they do. Great reliability. I have never had any doubts about them. I love what they do and stand for. I have nothing but great things to say about them and their company and what they stand for.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2016

Very good, helped me out with finding the right product for my basement, did not have any issues but would have felt comfortable calling if I did. Inspected all throughout until it was verified that all was done correctly and there was nothing we would run into down the line in the future. Very happy with the outcome, would definitely recommend to friends and family. Great value, not cheap but you get what you pay for and this is worth the extra money. Great value for the price because it will save you time and money in the long run. Has a great warranty and guarantee to last for years. Extremely reliable product from what I have heard and read. Have had neighbors tell me they have used the same product and have never had to replace or have had any problems whatsoever.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2016

They are very professional, very courteous, they do the job very well. Great company and handle any question I have in a very timely response. Great excellent customer service. They always double check to make sure everything is 100% to ensure high quality services and sales. Excellent caring. Love the company and their integrity. Services are at a great value. Technically worth more than they are priced but they provide honest prices and excellent service all the way around. They guarantee several methods to ensure reliability and perfect services. They do back every product they provide and every service they complete.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vulcan Basement Waterproofing?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

Their customer service was great. They answer all my questions and everything in a timely manner. They were very friendly and knowledgeable and I'd recommend this to anyone and do this again myself if I needed. The inspection was fairly quick. No issues arose here. Was rather painless. The value was great. I pay less than most quotes that I have gotten before using this particular company. This was very reliable. Thank you very much.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2016

They got there right on time and didn't stay for too long. They were friendly and knowledgeable and could answer any questions that I had. They knew exactly what they were doing. They were in and out quick. I would highly recommend them to friends and family members. I heard that they were good from a friend but didn't believe it until I saw them in action. I needed to have the service done but was expecting a very high cost. I would have done it myself but I was not skilled enough to do it. They were very professional and the cost was way lower than I had budgeted. Each time I would call them I was assured that my information was confidential.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2016

They helped me when I was in great need. My basement was terrible and they did the best job you could ever ask for. I would not have asked for any better. It was done fast and to a T. I saw the quality work being done and the passion they were putting into it. I will highly recommend it to anyone that needs. The price is great and the quality is fast. I love the price and I have never complained. There is so many more options but not at the price and quality I get. They were there and done in no time. Was right on time and got job done right. I have no complaints in any department. It was great and high tech service. I would tell my friend. I love this service.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2015

My basement has water problem in spring when there is a lot of snow in the past winter. It only happens every two years. I hired Vulcan to waterproof it in Oct. 2014. After the project is done, I got water in my basement whenever it rains. I wonder anyone who used Vulcan and has the similar problem can contact me to share your experience. **

Original review: Dec. 25, 2014

We had them waterproof 2 basements and spent over 9 thousand dollars doing it exactly as they told us it should be done to keep the basements dry. A very good salesman named Alan and his wife sat in our living room assuring me that he stands behind this company and would be there for us but that this would solve the problem 100%.

In less than 2 years we started to have issues with one of the basements and when we called them we were first told that because of the hurricane, sand had shifted and that was the issue and it was not their problem but they could fix it for 3 thousand dollars more by breaking up the just completed basement tiles etc... When we pointed out that the job was done after sandy, they hemmed and hawed and said well the fine print on the contract says that if water comes up farther than 3 feet from their pipes, it is not their problem but they could fix it for 1,500. I demanded to speak to Alan, the person who swore to me that it would be designed to keep it dry but they refused to let me speak to him and no matter how many times I tried I could not get to Alan. I am going to try to get the attorney general and any other agency there is to go after these crooks. Avoid them like the plague.

Vulcan Basement Waterproofing expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Vulcan focuses on one thing: basement waterproofing. Established in 1947, the company has a long history in the business. Vulcan services areas of the northeast and mid-Atlantic.

• DIY education: Vulcan offers lots of tips on basement waterproofing to homeowners, including how to check for signs of leakage and prevent leaks before they occur.

• Effective French drain installation: Vulcan prides itself on being one of the best at installing French drain systems - one of the best ways to protect foundations.

• Free home inspections: Know the problem and the price to fix it before even hiring Vulcan.

• Commercial services: Vulcan has completed jobs for manufacturing plants, federal facilities, health institutions, universities and other large businesses.

• Outdoor concrete repair: Cracked or sinking concrete near the house can allow water to enter. Vulcan specializes in fixing such issues.

• Best for: Large companies, institutions and homeowners in need of comprehensive basement waterproofing services.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs