Newark, NJ

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.43/5

Vulcan Basement Waterproofing Reviews

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

My parents' house had water over a year ago and it was my bedroom that was affected. It was months of constant water invading my space, it was a miserable experience. Vulcan came in a very reasonable price and preserved my bedroom and left it clean. I moved out of the house, but my parents haven't had water since.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

Over a year ago I had my basement waterproofed by Vulcan. From start to finish I had a great experience. Mike came over and wrote my estimate on the spot, and the work was done exactly how he had explained. When the crew came over, you could tell they knew what they were doing. They left my basement clean and I haven't had water since. If you have water coming into your home, I know how stressful it can be so I'm writing this to assure someone that Vulcan is a good choice.

Get buying tips about Basement Waterproofing delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

We had Vulcan Waterproofing come out 10 years ago to install a full perimeter french drain and 2 sump pumps. They did an excellent job. We haven’t had any water since. The installers were courteous and efficient. A month ago, we had Vulcan come back and replace our sump pumps. The new pumps are much quieter than the older versions. Overall- a great experience.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

I had Vulcan do job in my home. They messed up. When they came to repair it they made it much worse. Then they said they would come again. They never came. Then, they said they were a new company and wanted me to be happy but they insisted I pay them more. Don't trust these guys.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I found a small amount of water on the floor in my unfinished basement, and having grown up in a house that frequently flooded, I wanted to nip any potential problems in the bud. Vulcan sent their salesman, Mike **, to assess what was going on, and he determined that water was coming up through the floor and that I needed a french drain system. Total: $5,500. There was a lot of confusion with the scheduling. Vulcan kept calling to change the date and then someone else from Vulcan would call to say a different date, and I only found out 4:30 pm the day before they were coming that they were actually coming. Not fun to try and take off work that last minute, and to clear out the space in the basement where they needed to work.

A few months after the system was installed, I found the same water spot in the same location. I called Vulcan to report the problem, and the first two times I called, they blew me off, "that's nothing." The third time I called, they said they would send Mike ** out to investigate. At 7 am the morning Mike was to come out he cancelled, and it took another month to get him (or anyone) to come over. Mike looked around, investigated, and basically said the original cause of the water was just general condensation, the same as anyone would have in an unfinished basement, and a $150 dehumidifier would have done the job.

Per Mike **'s instructions, I tried via email and phone to follow up with Mike ** (why is everyone named Mike???), the supervisor to see what could be done to rectify the face that Vulcan sold me this very expensive system I didn't need. For months, Mike ** never got in touch with me. I called everyone at Vulcan I could get ahold of and was eventually sent to Victor **, who was supposed to be able to do something/anything. Victor strung me along for a little bit, then started dodging my calls.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vulcan Basement Waterproofing?

Original review: May 9, 2017

Vulcan Basement Waterproofing installed a French drain and sump pump back in 1999. We had continuing problems which they addressed in 2000. Over the years we had continuing issues, and finally realized that we needed to have the job completely redone. The sheet rock had to be torn out up to a level of 4'. It was damp and moldy. It was discovered that weep holes were never drilled in the blocks at the bottom of the wall. It's been a massive job that will be more costly to repair with the wall damage. It's a shame that our towns don't require waterproofing work to be inspected like other jobs. It would help protect us from companies that don't know how to do the work properly.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

They have the best customer support. They are always there when I need them. They are the best out there. The inspections are always on point. They never hide anything from you. I love the way they know what they are doing. The value is great. I have met others that have not met up to my needs like they do. Great reliability. I have never had any doubts about them. I love what they do and stand for. I have nothing but great things to say about them and their company and what they stand for.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2016

Very good, helped me out with finding the right product for my basement, did not have any issues but would have felt comfortable calling if I did. Inspected all throughout until it was verified that all was done correctly and there was nothing we would run into down the line in the future. Very happy with the outcome, would definitely recommend to friends and family. Great value, not cheap but you get what you pay for and this is worth the extra money. Great value for the price because it will save you time and money in the long run. Has a great warranty and guarantee to last for years. Extremely reliable product from what I have heard and read. Have had neighbors tell me they have used the same product and have never had to replace or have had any problems whatsoever.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2016

They are very professional, very courteous, they do the job very well. Great company and handle any question I have in a very timely response. Great excellent customer service. They always double check to make sure everything is 100% to ensure high quality services and sales. Excellent caring. Love the company and their integrity. Services are at a great value. Technically worth more than they are priced but they provide honest prices and excellent service all the way around. They guarantee several methods to ensure reliability and perfect services. They do back every product they provide and every service they complete.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

Their customer service was great. They answer all my questions and everything in a timely manner. They were very friendly and knowledgeable and I'd recommend this to anyone and do this again myself if I needed. The inspection was fairly quick. No issues arose here. Was rather painless. The value was great. I pay less than most quotes that I have gotten before using this particular company. This was very reliable. Thank you very much.

Vulcan Basement Waterproofing author review by ConsumerAffairs

Vulcan focuses on one thing: basement waterproofing. Established in 1947, the company has a long history in the business. Vulcan services areas of the northeast and mid-Atlantic.

• DIY education: Vulcan offers lots of tips on basement waterproofing to homeowners, including how to check for signs of leakage and prevent leaks before they occur.

• Effective French drain installation: Vulcan prides itself on being one of the best at installing French drain systems - one of the best ways to protect foundations.

• Free home inspections: Know the problem and the price to fix it before even hiring Vulcan.

• Commercial services: Vulcan has completed jobs for manufacturing plants, federal facilities, health institutions, universities and other large businesses.

• Outdoor concrete repair: Cracked or sinking concrete near the house can allow water to enter. Vulcan specializes in fixing such issues.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team