Find Home Alarm and Security Systems partners near you
About Vio Security
This profile has not been claimed by the company. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
Vio Security offers customized equipment packages and two security packages (with monthly fees) to help you get the most out of your home security system. Its systems include a smartphone app, smart-home devices and Z-Wave Plus integrations. For those with aging parents, it also provides safety equipment to help make independent living possible.
Find Home Alarm and Security Systems partners near you
- Smart-home integrations
- Options for independent living
- Packages come with 24/7 monitoring
- $99 activation fee
- No free monitoring option
Vio Security is a home alarm company that lets you build a self-powered equipment package and pay a monthly fee for system access and professional monitoring. It’s not a DIY system, and you can’t opt for self-monitoring only.
What is Vio Security?
Vio Security provides residential and commercial security and monitoring solutions with cellular, broadband and landline connection options. Its home equipment is self-powered and wireless — there’s no drilling or wiring required. The systems are professionally installed and come with professional monitoring.
Even if your phone line is cut, the power goes out or your internet is down, Vio’s cellular connection ensures your system keeps doing its job. You can connect compatible Z-Wave Plus smart-home devices to Vio through the company’s app and the touch-screen smart hub, which lets you control lights, locks and other smart-home features.
Vio sells its own smart devices, including doorbells and safety sensors that monitor for smoke, carbon monoxide and heat. The company also states it can provide equipment to help you monitor aging loved ones’ activities so they can age in place safely.
How does Vio Security work?
Start by filling out the company’s online quote form to have one of its representatives contacts you to provide a custom quote for the equipment you need. Once you place your order, you’ll schedule a time for a certified technician to install your system.
From there, you’ll manage your security system through the company’s app, where you can customize your dashboard and alerts. You can set up your account so you see only the devices and alerts you want, group sensors and cameras by area and quickly activate and deactivate individual pieces of equipment. In emergencies, a Vio monitoring agent can send help.
The Vio home security system also uses an encrypted wireless cellular connection. You don’t need a landline to make it work, and your security messages stay private.
Vio Security packages
Vio advertises two security packages:
- Essentials costs $29.99 per month and includes use of the:
- Smartphone app
- Security equipment (door, window and motion sensors, etc.)
- Life safety devices (smoke and carbon monoxide monitors, medical pendants, etc.)
- 24/7 monitoring service
- Innovation costs $39.99 per month and adds access to:
- Integration for compatible smart-home equipment (thermostats, door locks, lights, etc.)
- Premium video access with up to eight cameras and analytics
Vio’s monitoring service includes 24/7 access to customer care and monitoring agents.
Vio Security costs
Vio charges a $99 activation fee to set up your system. Its monthly fees range from $29.99 to $39.99 for full functionality and support for your equipment.
Vio doesn’t disclose online the price of its home security devices, but it offers the following options:
- Outdoor cameras
- Indoor cameras
- Doorbell cameras
- Smart panel (smart hub)
- Smart thermostats
- Safety sensors (smoke, carbon monoxide and heat)
The website also says it can help monitor your aging loved ones’ daily activities, alerting you to any inconsistencies that could indicate a problem. However, it doesn’t have much more information about this service (the website does mention a medical pendant) and whether these features are included with the basic equipment or if you need additional devices.
Vio Security FAQ
- What happens to my Vio home security system if I move?
- Your Vio home security system can move with you. Simply contact the company to have a certified technician pack up your equipment and set it up at your new home.
- Where is Vio home security available?
- Vio Security’s services are available in 16 states: Alabama, Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Missouri, Mississippi, North Carolina, Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Utah.
- Do I need a landline for a Vio security system?
- No. You can connect by landline if you want, but Vio also offers cellular and internet broadband connections.
- What integrations does Vio have?
- Vio Security can connect to smart-home devices compatible with Z-Wave Plus technology so you can control them through your security system.
- Does Vio have an app?
- Yes. Vio’s app lets you customize your equipment viewing preferences and monitor and control your devices.
Do we recommend Vio Security?
Vio Security is a legitimate home security company and could be a great option if you want to monitor your aging parents or loved ones. The company requires professional installation and doesn’t provide a free self-monitoring option, though, so you’ll always need to pay to use your equipment. For this reason, if you’re looking for a more DIY-friendly system, you might have to look elsewhere.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 3,394,090 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
I have problems with our security cameras. Called multiple times talked to customer service. They just say, "We contact you with a technician." It’s been over a week. Wish we did not go with their service. We are paying our bill seems like they just want the money. But still they lack service. Can’t wait to get out of this contract. Don’t go with this security company. Do a lot of research.
Vio Security Company Information
- Company Name:
- Vio Security
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.