3.33/5
Based on 12 reviews that contain star ratings

12 Vinotemp Wine Coolers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 11, 2018

Our company commissioned Vinotemp to build a custom wine cooler for our client. All specifications were reviewed, signed off on and detailed. They were pretty prompt before taking our money but once they took our deposit it was like pulling teeth to get information. They couldn't give me ANY estimated production schedule. We had no idea when it would ship, if it would ever be done and if they just took our money and ran. They finally shipped the unit incomplete without the cooler and 2 weeks later sent the cooler. The unit never worked. It condensated, leaked air, dripped water all over our client's very expensive wine collection.

Their contract states that "all sales are final". Essentially they could deliver you a bucket of bolts and walk away, which is exact what they did to us. Lesson learned and now we are having to hire a reputable, experience, customer service oriented company to fix the problem. When we contacted another company and explained what happened they were not surprised. This wasn't the first time they had to clean up Vinotemp's mess and I'm sure it won't be the last. Save yourself the money, stress, aggravation, and poor results. Hire a professional and that's anyone but Vinotemp!

Original review: May 15, 2018

The worst consumer experience. Unit worked less than a week. Unresponsive and when shipped unit back they did not honor the warranty. Stay away at all costs. Cheap price but dishonest people and very poor management.

Get expert buying tips about Wine Refrigerators and Coolers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I ordered an expensive oak wine cabinet in October 2016. The Vinotemp website showed nice oak wine cabinet with pretty wooden base. Website says 6-8 weeks delivery. I emailed several times over the next few months & they kept saying it would be ready soon, but kept pushing it off. Finally in April 2017 (6 months later) they said it was ready but wanted the rest of the money before delivery. I initially said No and asked for a refund since I was worried this was an online scam. They refused to cancel order & assured me it would be fabulous, so I stupidly paid the remaining amount.

It was finally delivered in August (10 months after ordering). It is cheap, looks nothing like the image on the website, has ugly metal feet that scratched our wood floors instead of a nice wood base, and the measurements are several inches off. The delicate design on the doors with grape vines instead has big bulky bars and circles and looks cheap. The lock is covered in a painted paper sticker. The doors do not line up. It looks painted not nicely cherry stained. See attached photos of what I ordered vs what the website photo looked like when I ordered it. What I got is a cheap wine fridge, not a fancy, carved oak $5000 piece of furniture. This is not the unit I ordered and paid for. The website is wrong on the description of the item, the photo of the item, the measurements and the delivery time. At least they email back quickly most of the time, but that's the only good thing I can say about Vinotemp.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2016

The customizable options are great with temperature controls on the inside. This can hold large number of bottles. The shelf liners can be changed based on size of the bottle. The best feature is the wine cooler is silent or quiet and you will not know if anything is working to cool your wine. The temperature controls are nice option during different seasons. The wine cooler is very durable and until now we did not face any technical breakdown or any part being broken because of usage. But we need to handle it with regular care. The value of this wine cooler to life is immense as we can cool the wine and allow it to age. Whenever we feel like drinking just take it out and drink it.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

Change thermostat, I like that I can take out the racks and I can move it anywhere in my house or outside if I have people over. I like how it has a bulk storage section. I like the blue LED touch screen, it can hold 34 bottles for everyone's needs and wants, it goes with my other appliances, I can lock it in case any kids are nearby. I can move it anywhere and it has been fine. My husband has hit it with chairs and other things and there have been no problems and no dents. It has held up well with kids around too. I feel like I got what I paid for. It is good value for how much I use it when I have people over. It is a good size for the value and I think all the features are good for the value.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vinotemp Wine Coolers?

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

There were numerous options to consider such as the wood finishes, rack changes to accommodate cigars, etchings on doors, hardware choices for doors, beveled glass, choice of one or 2 doors are just some of the options. My cooler was fairly simple, it held 18 bottles of wine, red or white, in separate compartments as I had dual temperature controls which were conveniently located on the door. It was surrounded by stainless steel and did not take up much space. It had attractive lighting inside. It seemed to be very energy efficient, it did have a quiet motor. The door closed so that there was a tight seal. The unit itself was sturdy and well made. I enjoy having my cooler. It keep all my wine in one spot and it was always ready to drink, as it was always the proper temperature. It was convenient as it did not take up much space.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

It comes in several color options and finishes. I have the black walnut stain. It is very pretty and compliments with the other decor in the basement. I have the single glass door. Works fine for me! The one that I purchased can store up to 99 bottles and has digitally controlled temperature. It has interior LED lighting. It also has stainless steel trim and a door lock. This item is very durable. I have had mine for approximately 1 year now. Uprights are durable and do not buckle. Delivers consistent temperatures and high energy efficiency. The value of this wine cooler is very good for its performance and size. Very good value for its energy efficiency and consistent temperature.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2016

This cooler is amazing. It has five different temperature settings and is completely customizable. You are definitely making the best choice. The features are simple and easy to use. The buttons and words are clear and easy to read. I love mine. I have had mine for a little over two years and it is still going strong. I have three kids so you know it goes through the ringer a lot. This product is so easy to use. I am beyond thankful that I chose this brand. It was already assembled and the instructions for use were well written.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

I thought it had enough storage and color options, but not too many to have to make an overwhelming decision. I prefer darker colors, which is exactly what I got. It also came with enough storage for bottles I have and still had enough for future investments. Features include adjustable temperature settings and removable/adjustable racks. This is very convenient for space when it comes to larger bottles. As far as durability goes, the fridge/cooler has broken and I've had it going on three years now. So it's wonderful investment. I would suggest this brand any day for its durability. The price definitely reflects its value.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

My particular wine cooler allows me to set the temperature without having to open the door through a digital screen. The interior blue LED light makes the unit look very high end. The LED lighting makes finding what you are looking for very easy. My particular unit holds up to 165 bottles of wine, even when not full the unit looks awesome. Vinotemp outshines the rest in quality. There is no maintenance and the unit is very durable and made of quality materials. The door when opening the unit is very sturdy and latches well. The value of the unit to me could not be replaced. I love the look and feel of the unit. I love the specs and the size. The blue LED lights are my favorite feature.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2016

You can really customize the temps to meet your needs depending on the wine and how you like the temperature to be. It adjusts easily and always seems to be accurate when I use an external thermometer to check if it is accurate. The cooler is capable of storing and cooling up to 12 bottles of wine at one time. It's glass front makes it very easy in order to see right away what you have in stock and what kinds without having to open the fridge and let some of the cold out. I really haven't had it that long but it seems like it will be quite durable. It comes with a good warranty so if there is any issue I would be able to have it resolved. It was very reasonably priced as opposed to the others. They all seem to be priced differently but I am quite comfortable that I got this at a very decent price.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2016

3 racks to move around for wines, etc. Not bad. The stainless steel door that I chose was a nice touch and fit well with my other kitchen appliances. Temperature settings, controls & two different cooling zones made it easy for me to keep my favorite wines cool and at a stable temperature for all occasions. I've had my wine cooler for a few years now and it's showing no sign of aging & no noticeable change in performance. It stands up very well to everyday use in my busy kitchen. Given how much I paid for my wine cooler and how much I use it in everyday life, I feel that it was a great value buy. I also save money by keeping my wines at a stable temperature.

Vinotemp Wine Coolers expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

Vinotemp International has been distributing wine cellars around the world since 1985. They offer consumers custom-made wine cabinets that are built to order and handmade in the company’s Southern California manufacturing facility.

• Completely customized: Perfect for the wine enthusiast with a vision, Vinotemp’s customizable wine cellars are designed to fit your exact specifications. Some personal features they can add include wood carvings, moldings, designs, flooring, murals and glass etchings. Just let Vinotemp know what you want in your wine cellar, and they will make it happen.

• Add a cooling unit to your custom-built space: Vinotemp makes wine racks and wine cabinets, and they sell cooling units that can fit into your wine rack or cabinet.

• American made: All of Vinotemp’s wood wine cabinets, wine racks and wine-mate cooling units are manufactured in their California factory. This helps ensure the quality of materials and craftsmanship in each product they make.

• Yacht wine cellars: Complete your yachting experience with a customized wine cellar. Vinotemp’s yacht cellars are custom made with resilient racking that will not be affected by nautical voyages. Contact Vinotemp for a free quote on your yacht wine cellar.

• Commercial solutions: Vinotemp can make a customized product for any commercial space, including bars and restaurants. They can help your business stand out from competitors by designing a unique wine cellar that fits your business’s style and taste.

• Best for: Vinotemp wine coolers are best for wine enthusiasts, bars and restaurants who want a customized wine cellar.

Profile picture of Kate Williams, Ph.D.
Kate Williams, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

Vinotemp Wine Coolers Company Information