Find a Dishwashers partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Viking Dishwashers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking Dishwashers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking Dishwashers?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2014

Have had problems with Viking dishwasher from day one!!! Seems like I am not the only one!!! Ever heard of Class Action suit????? I am sick and tired of having to unload this dishwasher of dirty dishes because dishwasher won't start!!!! Serviceman is an hour away!!! Viking is shameful and needs to be held accountable!!!!! I own the stove, oven, microwave and refrigerator! Would had gone with Wolf had I known Viking was so cheaply made!! My products aren't even 5 years old and rarely used!!! Really thought I was improving my remodeled kitchen.... I was wrong! I want my money back!!!!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2014

Electronic control in door failed within the first year - replaced under guarantee. After 2 years water leaked because of a torn rubber door seal. At 3 and 1/2 years, while replacing another rubber door seal, discovered that the metal internal bar to which the bottom of the door attached had rusted and sealing screws no longer attached. Am completely disgusted with this supposed 'premium' and 'professional' dishwasher (actually, according to its back, made by Electrolux as is the Viking 'Pro' refrigerator) - no one at Viking will discuss this, and at least one customer service person told me I was 'out of guarantee and out of luck'.

Will NEVER purchase a Viking appliance again! Their quality is suspect but the lack of customer support is evident.

Original review: July 28, 2014

We bought a brand new Viking Professional 301 Series Built-In Dishwasher when we moved into a new townhouse 18 months ago. It hasn't worked in a month, although we have had 4 service calls and 4 parts replacements in 3 weeks - after the last visit it flooded the kitchen floor after the tech left. I think we have had 8 service calls in 18 months. There is obviously a problem with the dishwasher (it has been discontinued) however Viking refuses to consider replacing it.

Viking does not stand by their product - rather than provide us with a working unit, they prefer to jerry-rig a series of failing repairs. This is one of the worst customer service experiences we have ever had. I would not recommend Viking to anyone. I understand that appliances fail, however for us the failure has been the integrity and quality of Viking Customer Service. What a disappointment.

Original review: July 21, 2014

We installed all Viking appliances with a new house purchase, including a Viking Dishwasher that lasted for six years before it stopped working. Purchased a replacement dishwasher and it started leaking water after about 11 months. It also does not dry the dishes well and sometimes smells. It took over four months, several repair visits and complaints to BBB before Viking replaced the defective dishwasher with a new dishwasher. Barely six months later, the new dishwasher is again leaking. Contacted Viking and they scheduled for repair service with local repair dealer. Repair technician comes over about a month ago and diagnosed the issue and ordered the parts.

Several weeks later, after I contacted them regarding the status of the parts, they scheduled a repair service appointment and changed the entire front door of the dishwasher. Technician ran the dishwasher for about five minutes and declares the problem fixed. Over the next few days, after running the cycle through (the dishwasher takes approximately 3-4 hours to run through a cycle), I noticed that the leak continues in the center of the dishwasher, albeit not as extensively as before the front door was changed, but definitely a noticeable leak. Contacted the local repair company who stated that I need to contact Viking directly as they have done everything Viking told them to do. Contacted Viking and I now being told they need to contact the regional service manager as to the next steps. In my previous experience, waiting on the next directive from the regional service manager took months.

What I do not understand is the fact that Viking is well aware of the issue with their leaking dishwashers and they have not taken the time to find a permanent fix for the problem. I have had other dishwashers before from other brands and did not experience the issues and leaks that I am experiencing with the Viking brand.

I also had an issue with my Viking refrigerator leaking 8 years ago.... They attempted to fix the leak, including sending the engineers who designed the refrigerator from Mississippi to my home to fix the problem; all to no avail. Viking ended up replacing the refrigerator when all their repair efforts failed. The replacement refrigerator has worked out fine for the most part. Can't say the same for the replacement dishwasher.

Right now, the waiting game continues. I had to involve BBB the last time this happened to even get responses from Viking. I am thinking of initiating another complaint with BBB but will first give Viking a few days to see what they come up with. Not happy about the inconvenience that my family and I have been subjected to from Viking's defective products.

Original review: June 25, 2014

From the time I bought 2 top-of-the-line Viking dishwashers, I have had problems. I am noticing that most people in this room experienced similar "laissez-faire" attitude from Viking who must have bounced me from one representative to another a good 5 times over the years, only to tell me that my warranty ran out. One lady tried to help me but was swiftly replaced and I never got the attention this needed. $4500 spent and most wash (all of them) end with error/fault codes and need resetting.

This message, I hope, will discourage people from being lured into believing that Viking is a stand up company and that they place good emphasis on making sure the client is taken care of. Additionally, where I think they really should rethink the way they treat clients, is that in my case, I am looking to replace refrigerator, freezer and 60 inch cooking surface. They will be missing out on this (however small) amount of revenues. If anyone gets thru to management or customer service for any kind of help, I would like to know about it as I am not yet able to replace it for a competitor and would still like Viking to make me whole on this bad purchase.

Original review: May 29, 2014

Less than 2 years old is making noises and doesn't clean. Called Viking, they don't have anybody in Erie that wants to repair it. Everybody runs away from my dishwasher. The same people that have serviced my Gaggenau, Bosch and Sub Zeros don't want anything to do with my Viking dishwasher. Professional, what a joke. We have barely used it and is already broken. The worst part is customer service. No help at all. I'm cutting my losses and ditching this piece of junk.

Original review: April 13, 2014

Broken for 4 months.. Repairman kept ordering new parts.. Came again yesterday and said needs to order more parts.. We are all done . Ordering a Bosch this week.. The dishwasher is 3 years old and inside is rusting.. What a piece of junk!!!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2014

In Dec. 2013, I began to have an issue with my Viking Dishwasher, purchased the previous March. It made a honking noise when changing cycles. I called Viking, got the name of their local authorized service company, and had that company come out. That was visit one. Need a part. Part ordered and service rep returns (Visit two). Dishwasher apparently repaired, but malfunctions the next time I used it - this time the audible warning beep won't stop. Call the repairman, who comes back and, you guessed it, needs to order a part (Visit three). When he returns and installs the part, the beep still won't stop, so apparently it is the wrong part (This completes visit four). Today he came for the fifth time and, you guessed it, apparently the part he replaced in one of the earlier visits is broken.

Compounded the fact that I have been without a dishwasher for seven weeks is the terrible response I get when I try to contact Viking. The only time I was able to reach the company easily was in December. Since then, I am rerouted, given the wrong person, put on hold, etc. More important, apparently Viking has moved the consumer service warranty department to various locations, none of which have access to Viking's warranty records for its existing customers. I have given my serial number to three different Viking company reps over the course of my phone calls to the company, but apparently Viking either doesn't have a system that records this information or its system is not available to the reps assigned to handle customer warranty calls. Now this may make sense to someone, but that someone is not me. I do hope that my Viking fridge, range, and microwave, all purchased at the same time as the dishwasher, never malfunction. I certainly would not have bought any of these products if I had know how terrible the warranty customer interaction is.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2014

Trying to get parts in has proven to be next to impossible. On three different occasions, different parts were needed for 3 separate Viking appliances, it took over one month to get parts delivered to service repairman. When questioning the repairmen (I have tried 2 different service companies) they all stated that they were unable to get anyone to answer any questions, had no tech support, and were very hard to work with. I love my appliances, however going without a dishwasher for over 1 month, after 3 service calls and still the part is not on its way. And of course the warranty is out! I need a motherboard replaced after only under 2 years of buying the appliances. $345 for just the motherboard, not to mention 3 service calls. I should have just bought a new dishwasher, and next time they will NOT be Viking. Customer service is key and they are locked out!!!!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2014

I spent over $20,000.00 on a complete Viking appliance replacement for 15-year-old Whirlpool Gold appliances. Most expensive mistake I ever made. The dishwasher does not dry the dishes at all and the inside of the dishwasher is always wet after a cycle. The refrigerator is very noisy and the condenser fan is louder than a jet engine when running on full. Freezer items have frost on them and I can only hope it does not break down in the near future. The convection microwave does not even pop popcorn correctly (or at all) unless bag is placed on a bowl turned upside down? Convection cooktop seems to be working okay as does the oven thus far. I have had several repair calls on the refrigerator with no repairs. One repair person indicated it was supposed to be loud. Do yourself a favor and buy Kenmore Elite or something else besides Viking for 1/3 the cost and 100 times better quality. I want my Whirlpool Gold back (as well as my $20,000.00). Viking needs to wake up before they go out of business. Is there a lemon law for appliances. These are all appliance purchased in late 2013 and I am already looking to replace them all.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2013

I purchased Viking appliances in November 2009 - dishwasher, refrigerator, stove. My dishwasher has not been working since the beginning of July 2013 despite 4 visits by a tech and numerous phone calls to the extended warranty company and Viking. It was also repaired in 2010 and 2011. My refrigerator is also on its third repair and is failing to keep a consistent temperature... It is either freezing food or else keeping food in the 40-42 degree range. These are marketed as "Professional" appliances and certainly do not live up to this reputation. I discourage all consumers from purchasing Viking appliances... They come with a hefty price tag and leave the consumer frustrated, disillusioned and dissatisfied.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2013

Purchased one three years ago and are currently on our 7th repair visit. Reached out to customer support and there is none. Our latest issue was with the heat pump. Just melted the wires. Checked and they had a recall but it started with models later than ours. This is truly a safety hazard. Not to mention we paid twice what you would normally pay for a dishwasher based on the name and reputation of Viking appliances. We totally regret that decision. No product support, no customer support, how embarrassing.

Resolution response: March 13, 2014

Viking did make good on the situation and replaced the dishwasher. A premium product needs the vendor to stand behind their product and in this case Viking has done so. Good on them. I am sure the new one will be much better than the previous.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2013

Purchased an entire Viking kitchen set. Everything has been more or less okay (a few warranty repairs) except the dishwasher. The dishwasher was entirely replaced once due to steam leaking and making water damage around the door. The replacement is okay when it is working and does get our dishes clean but it breaks down with alarming frequency. The power button is a major weak spot in the current design - we have had someone out to fix it at least 4 times! There was also some major fault where they came out and replaced electronics.

When you call to get a Viking appliance fixed, it takes a few weeks to finally have the repair completed because repair guy will take a week to make appt., then will come check it out and order parts, then will come back one to three weeks later to install parts - someone will have to be present to have the repair done. A $300 dishwasher would have been more satisfactory in operation than the $2000 black hole of time we purchased.

We are still covered by extended warranty for another year but due to the frequency of breakdowns, I am considering just buying a new dishwasher so I don't have to deal with the perpetual breakdown situation. Also, I am never buying Viking ever again. My set was purchased from Pacific Sales in Huntington Beach. AT $25,000 you would think they could make products that are more reliable and you would think they would do more to stand behind their products, think again. My complaints to Viking were met with sympathy yet no real help.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2013

I bought a Viking dishwater 11 months ago. During this time, I had to call their repair representative 5 times. I was very dissatisfied with this as I had paid more than twice an average dishwasher and expected better quality and not worse. I have been using dishwashers for more than 30 years and never had any problems before this one. Last week, the washer broke down again and the repair guy said that an olive pit had gone past the filter and into the drain, and he claimed that this was my fault and the warranty would not cover this situation! Now, I always wipe plates and try to get everything off but it is possible that

a pit might be stuck to the bottom of a plate or glass and isn't the filter suppose to get that? I consider the design of the filter to be faulty and called Viking but they would not accept paying for the repair. I will never buy Viking again and will relay my experience to everyone I know and recommend them to stay away from Viking products which are highly priced, have poor reliability, and bad customer service.

Original review: July 10, 2013

We purchased a complete Viking kitchen with two dishwashers. The dishwashers, for the money spent, do not live up to Viking's reputation. The dishes are, for the most part, not clean nor are they dry when the cycle is done. Also, the dishwasher is always wet inside causing it to have a really foul smell. I am sorry to say that I have not referred Viking to friends who were building house and ones who were redoing their kitchen. I am sadly stuck with these worthless dishwashers. Had we only known!!

Original review: June 25, 2013

I have never been as unhappy with a product as our Viking Dishwasher. What a waste of time and money. We have had it for two years and it has been broken more than working. We are on our third start button which is now on back order. Each repair is a few hundred dollars and as there are only a select few 'Authorized Viking Repair' people, we must wait weeks at a time for it to be fixed. Aaaargh. I'd give it a negative star if it was an option.

Original review: June 17, 2013

My comments echo the thread. I bought a Viking dishwasher in 2009. I'm on my third repair. It worked poorly when it was up and running. Many of the electronic controls failed (e.g. did not run on pots and pans setting, but did run on normal). Now it simply does not run. I went into the repair shop on 5/14. As of 6/17, still waiting on parts from Viking. Customer service talks a good game, but that's about it. Its talk has not resulted in action. I have made a demand for a replacement washer (good luck right?). I'll update the thread on the outcome.

For anyone who is thinking about a Viking, this thread speaks for itself. BTW, reliability issues aside, the parts do not fit (i.e. the rack attachments fall out of their fittings and develop rust. The silverware basket bottoms wear out, thus, allowing silverware to fall through).

Original review: March 27, 2013

I bought a Viking dishwasher in 11/2009. A year and a half into owning this, the racks rusted and dishwasher needed some major service. Four years into ownership, racks rusted again and the control panel had to be replaced because the dishwasher would not run past 5-10 minutes and would blink fill error according to service person. This happened on Christmas morning with a house full of company.

Then in 3/2013, the drain pump failed. Part was ordered. The service person had to pull dishwasher out of its space and then realized it would take at least 3 hours to repair, costing upwards of $300. We had already spent that much in previous repairs. So a $2,000 dishwasher less than 5 years old is going to the junk pile! Also, I contacted Viking customer service with no response from them to provide an explanation or help! Unacceptable from a supposedly big name quality product supplier! Quality rating is zero!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2013

We paid $1,600 for this high end dishwasher (Model VDB 450ESS) that does not dry dishes and smells all the time. The clip, which holds the little folding shelf in the top rack, broke. And guess what? Viking will not sell the clip. You have to purchase the entire top rack for $275! I will never buy another Viking product or refer Viking to anyone I know.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2012

I paid a high price for this Viking VDB 301ss dishwasher which keeps leaking and the dishes don't dry like they should. Repairman is coming out for the third time. I'm very unhappy and would never get another Viking product again!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2012

Installed Viking appliances in our brand new home and it didn't take long for problems to start. The dishwasher model #VD8200SS started leaking and not drying after the first wash. I had the unit serviced twice to finally find out the entire soap dispenser piece needed to be replaced. The unit stopped leaking, but still won't dry. The serviceman was dumbfounded. The unit began smelling and stopped working all together. The service discovered it needed a brand new drain pump. Drain pump installed and turns on, but it still smells and the washer still refuses to dry anything.

Double oven model #VED01302TSS now makes humming noise while the unit is off. The serviceman went back out to the house and said it needs a transformer and advised me Viking ovens are pretty much a joke and suggested to not use the self-clean function. He said it only greases up the inside wires and gadgets, and is very expensive to replace after the warranty expires. Out of the 7 Viking appliances I currently have, the stove top and toaster are probably the only two which didn't see a lot of problems with.

Dishwashers, stoves, fridge, beverage centers and microwaves - forget it. Viking is simply overpriced and a total joke. Viking, you can pretty much stick it. I'll never buy another Viking product and I'll pass along my experiences with Viking every chance I get. Don't buy this crap!

Original review: May 19, 2012

I just purchased $25000 in Viking appliances one month ago. I have used the dishwasher twice and it does not dry the dishes. It stays wet inside and smells up the whole kitchen within hours of running the dishwasher. The bottom indicator light is also missing. We just figured that out. I will be trying to return this dishwasher on Monday. I will let you know if I am successful in returning it.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2011

The dishwasher had problems working within the first few months. We thought we just did not know how to use it. We have a three year warranty. Two and a half years later, we finally called for a warranty service call. We were told that Viking has a recall on all their dishwashers. We have had three service calls to date, it's still not working. The service person has replaced almost every circuit board, wiring loom, motor, pump etc. Now we need a fourth service call to replace another circuit board. I am now asking Pacific Sales to replace my dishwasher. I was told no by one of their employee's. I'm now waiting for a manager to call me back. I am insisting Pacific Sales replace the defective dishwasher they sold me.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2011

This is, bar none, the worst dishwasher I have ever owned. The basket is constantly breaking, allowing all of the silverware to fall into the dishwasher. And then, in turn, the dishwasher does not work. This happens every 2 months! I would never buy any other product from this company.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2011

In May of 2007, we purchased the Viking Professional Series for our kitchen. We bought the Fred ** company attitude that these appliances are "built to last" that's why "high-end home owners demand more." Like many other people complaining about Viking on this site, we learned that Viking is built to fall apart and with great expense to repair them.

Our dishwasher, which is less than 4 years old, has been diagnosed by two different techs in Phoenix for $170.00. One tech for Desert Tech Appliance is a qualified Viking warranty service provider. The first tech found a faulty circulation pump. He immediately told us the cost to repair and said that it would not be worth it--several hundred plus labor.

The second authorized Viking tech came out on 08 Sept 11. He found a faulty diverter flow valve and showed me how this valve burnt out the computer board. The cost to repair all items was nearly $1,200 with labor. The circulation pump was still under warranty; however, I would have still been out the labor cost to install. This would have saved me a few hundreds off the total bill--still outrageous for machines built to last.

I felt that Viking should cover the cost of the computer board because the tech said that the diverter valve fried it--a manufacturer defect. After several calls to Viking, they refused stating that we could not prove that the computer went bad because of the valve--even after I told them that it was diagnosed by an authorized Viking technician.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2010

We purchased all Viking appliances for our kitchen, back in July 2009. They haven't been in our new house more than 8 months, and my dishwasher has given us problems from day 1. We used it one time, and then it stopped working. We waited for a part, I believe it was the control board for 6 months. I've never waited for anything for 6 months! Instead of offering to give me a new dishwasher, or offer me a rebate, a Viking manager said that the parts were on back order, and that they could not offer me a new dishwasher, because they deserve the right to fix the appliance, as many times as needed.

She did offer me extended warranty, but what good would that do me, when I purchased 4 extra years from the company I bought the appliances from. She didn't even offer to refund me the amount I paid for extra warranty. Well, 4 new parts later, and over 7 months, the machine now needs a new pump, because I believe there's a recall on them. I paid over $1,000 for this machine, and it has been completely taken apart, and replaced with all new parts. I have cheaper appliances that have never broken down. My refrigerator makes a knocking noise every time the motor goes on, and when the service people arrived, it didn't do it ,so they believe it's the fan, opening and closing itself, and getting jammed. I am so displeased with this company. I would never recommend them to anyone. I wasn't able to use my machine for over 6 months. I have called the corporate offices tens of times, as well as my local dealer. Never have I received a call, with any updates on my part.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2010

I purchased all Viking kitchen appliances in 2004. They have all had to be extensively repaired but the worst offender to date is the dishwasher. I had the repair men out no less than 7 times. Finally, I thought it was fixed about 6 months ago when the latching mechanism was replaced. They had already replaced seals.

It began leaking again yesterday and is pouring out during certain parts of the cycle. When I was having problems with the refrigerator, I contacted Brian *** at Viking who was extremely helpful and very courteous. He was great. He made me believe much better things about Viking. Since my extended warranty is no longer valid (as of August), I am assuming that I will not be able to get anything covered.

Original review: June 8, 2010

I bought a full kitchen of Viking Appliances: dishwasher, refrigerator, double oven, cook top, cook top vent. I have had nothing but trouble with all but the cook top. I've been waiting for my dishwasher to be repaired for almost 2 months. The parts are on back order. Ms. ** agreed to extend my warranty, but could do nothing about the problem with the parts. The computer system in both the dishwasher and the refrigerator have many glitches. Viking doesn't seem to care about the customer, consumer, etc. What has happened to this company?

Viking Dishwashers Company Information