Accredited Partner

Viking Ranges

Viking Ranges
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.75/5

Viking is a luxury appliance manufacturer that offers high-performance ranges, refrigerators, dishwashers and more. Its ranges are available in a variety of burner configurations, sizes and fuel types. Customers see the widest variety of options with Viking gas ranges or dual-fuel models. Viking electric ranges or induction ranges have fewer size or configuration options, but these models are still feature-rich and can be customized by color.

Viking Gallery (6)

Viking Ranges Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking Ranges?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking?

Original review: May 16, 2020

I like Viking products. It’s like residential/commercial use. We cook a lot and I like the burners on our range. They are very good burners. So far, the quality of our range good. The only thing I don’t like is that the oven don’t have a timer on it. I didn’t realize that it didn’t have a timer until we started using it.

Original review: May 15, 2020

My wife liked Viking Ranges because of its quality. The last couple of ranges that we bought were not Viking and we didn’t like them. We bought our Viking Range through a retailer in Tupelo. We’re happy with it but we have an issue with condensation coming from underneath when we’re running the oven. We paid extra for this trim piece on the bottom that goes on the front so things wouldn't go up underneath the stove. Then the hot air coming from the oven is causing that water to condensate and drip out. Also, the fan is really loud for the convection oven.

Original review: May 14, 2020

We got a slide in six-burner, dual-fuel Viking range, which I absolutely love. It's fantastic. I haven't had any problems with it. The hood is great. I felt like the Viking was more substantial. It was a little bit better built. I tried the Wolf, and I felt like the knobs on the Wolf were not as solid. They felt more jiggly. The Viking range felt very solid. When I pushed it in and turned it in, it's all super solid. I'm very satisfied. It was a very expensive range, but it is fantastic.

Original review: May 13, 2020

I worked in the consumer electronics industry about 30 some years ago so I was well aware of Viking. We were building our house. I have a friend who's a chef and we consulted him on a number of different products, and the Viking range was the one that he recommended. I bought the unit through a Viking dealer. Pacific Kitchen and Home was great. It's a Best Buy thing. And then, we've had it serviced once and there were just problems getting parts, and part of it is where we are. There's no local place around here, so we had to call a place that was a bit further away. The COVID19 issue is one of the issues that people were suffering from because the dealer was closed for a period of time. When the parts came in, they were wrong and they had to get another part. But that was the only issue we had.

The combination of the Viking range and the hood is just excellent because they work seamlessly together. Everything about the unit is very nice. I love the sealed burners. I like the fit and finish. I like that it's above the floor and it has the different types of burners. There are things that I'd like to see different, but those are minor.

Original review: May 12, 2020

I'm a hobby chef and I like the Viking we have in some vacation homes, the more expensive ones. And I love the old ones. 10 years old, 15 years old, or brand new. A Viking is a Viking. I'm very happy with my Viking range. I have the 8-burner range with the dual oven, all-gas. But the broiler comes on and shuts off after three minutes. So, they're gonna put a new one in to fix it. Other than that, it has convections, the lights, the temperature control, the small one and the big one, the lights and the knobs. I truly like everything about the range and I will not want anything else.

Our Viking Dishwasher is my problem. It has been repaired four times now. They came out as soon as they could. They fixed it and then they had to come back, then they fixed it again. Either they are not very knowledgeable about the dishwasher or the dishwasher really has a serious problem. First, the mechanic was out two times for the lock. Then the dishwasher ran all night twice and the kitchen was really hot and then they put a new electric board, which was underneath the dishwasher. Now, every once in awhile, when I close the door and I want to put the program in, whether pot scrub or normal wash or what, it doesn't come on. You have to do it two or three times. I'm not happy with it.

Original review: May 10, 2020

I heard about Viking Ranges online and from friends that had it. I liked the name, the look and the feel. There’s a lot of good parts, and as far as the performance, the heating elements of it, especially the oven, it's very good. It heats up really fast and I really like the feature. However, the main issue I have with the range I bought is the door being so heavy. It has different panels and then those panels are latched to each other. I’ve been having issues with the door not latching all the way because it’s so heavy that it’s coming apart. And since the door doesn’t close all the way, now the heat is escaping. I had a technician come out here twice already who tried to repair that and rescue that back in there, but now it’s the same issue happening. They won’t replace the door. I’ve called everywhere and nobody gave me a satisfactory solution.

At first I called from the retailer I bought it from. It was right at the end of the warranty period. So the first time they came out here, it was still under warranty. They repaired it and no charge. And then, six to eight months later the same thing happened again and the guy came out here again. So, he wrote it up and apparently they didn’t want to replace the door. They just repaired it. So, we’re having the same problem. And then I tried to call Viking directly and then I had under the warranty extended warranty go to waste. If you pay a lot for something you have high expectation and high quality, but it doesn’t seem like it. And then we call and don’t get the resolution that we expected. For that reason, I would never buy a Viking again.

Original review: May 9, 2020

The knobs on my Viking range that turn on the burners scrape pretty badly. You hear them and feel them scraping as you turn them. They don’t turn easily. There are eight of them and a couple of them do. The range was installed by the builder of our home. It’s a brand-new home, so we didn't get to pick out the stove. I like that it’s nice-looking and it’s big. But I’m used to having a clock and a timer and a cook time on and cook time off, and underneath, to store stuff or have a warming drawer. It doesn’t have any of that stuff. It’s just a stove with burners and it’s a commercial grade.

Original review: May 7, 2020

Knowing Viking through friends and knowing it's a high-end brand, I got their range. I worked with the distributor during my purchase and it was pleasant. I like the look of my unit and its performance. The power output is nice and it is definitely higher performing. The quality is great and I like how it's easy to clean.

Original review: May 1, 2020

I’ve had a Viking range for around the last 17 years. It kinda stopped working really well and I purchased a new one. I like the way the new range looks. But I had to have it replaced for a scratch. Then, the oven wasn’t heating up properly. I had them come out and look at it, which took a couple of days. Before, the oven would just turn off and they fixed something. However, the oven is still not staying as hot as it’s supposed to be.

Original review: April 30, 2020

We purchased a Viking Range and Microwave 5 years ago and we believed it would be a wise choice but it was anything but. The quality was poor. The oven door never closed right and the oven light stayed on all the time. And after many complaints we finally had to have service to change the hinges that never worked right. The bill for that was $600 and the electric oven takes way too long to heat up and the thermostat had to be changed twice. The microwave just failed and that is costing $400 to fix. I will never recommend Viking or the dealer Pacific Sales in So Cal to anyone, don't waste your money on Viking. They are not the company of the past and the quality and durability is no longer there, as for Pacific Sales after they take your money they are no longer interested in satisfying their customers needs. Frankly they suck at service and stand behind what they sell...

Original review: April 30, 2020

Viking is a very reputable and a very fine company. I bought one of their ranges and it's a fine product. But they had to replace it because there was a problem with the enamel and the oven breaking down. And they’ve been very good in standing by their warranty. When I submitted the claim, I got their phone number and I corresponded with a wonderful person who was in charge of that. She helped me and I had to send pictures to approve the issues. Then they had a person who came out and examined the range. After that, they exchanged it. The process took a week or so and it was very quick. Other than that, my Viking range is wonderful and it works very well. It has really nice features, too. Plus, it’s electric and I really enjoy it. My son is a chef but he would never cook on electric and he razes me about it all the time.

Original review: April 29, 2020

The range is amazing. It has the highest quality out there. I like the the overall durability and the ability to have dual-fuel as well. I also like the multiple oven with eight burners. When we bought the range, the dealer was very knowledgeable, informative, and got us what we needed.

Original review: April 28, 2020

We wanted to have a name brand appliance for our home and the cost point for Viking Range was slightly better. It has a noisy fan that runs after you run the stove and you turn it off and you’re having dinner and this thing just keeps running and running. There’s no adjustment to it and there’s no way to bypass it. It’s a deficient feature and that is a cause of some significant dissatisfaction. Other than that, I like it. It has good quality and I'm pretty happy with it.

We’re 9,000 feet and the gas nozzles were the wrong size for this altitude. The local guy from East River Appliance Repair was completely clueless and had really no value. I was ready to return the thing and I was really unhappy with it. But Viking was willing to bring a guy four hours from Denver up to Crested Butte, Colorado and fix a problem that the local guy was clueless about. The guy up from Denver was a real pro. He knew what he was doing and fixed everything. He said that the door was not primarily damaged and it could be adjusted. He saved the day for Viking. I thought the range was a defective unit and this guy was able to correct everything and showed that it wasn't defective. I’m pretty happy with the customer service I got.

Original review: April 27, 2020

We've owned a couple of ranges in the past and Viking has generally had pretty good reviews and the price point was reasonable for the quality of the range. The dealer was definitely knowledgeable about the products and making recommendations and accommodating schedules. Overall, it was a good experience. We’re generally happy with the quality of the unit. The burners are what we like most about it and the speed of which things kinda heat up. But the one thing that we would want to see improve with is the oven. The temperature doesn't seem to be as consistent as we hope it would be.

Original review: April 26, 2020

I’ve had multiple problems with the range. It doesn’t go to temperature. It doesn’t cook food the way it should. It takes very long to heat up. The top of the stove is very difficult to clean. I would never buy it again. I had the rack inside my oven replaced. If you're going to pull it out, it has so much play and wiggle room. When you have food on it, it dips down because there is so much play. When I replaced it, they told me it would probably do it again and they were right. It did. So I am not truly a fan. It’s not worth the money you spent. Also, their customer service portion really needs to be a little bit better. But I do like how the top of the stove cooks. I like the output there. I also like the look of it.

Original review: April 25, 2020

We had a few issues with the cooker when we first moved in. They weren't lighting properly, so someone came and fixed that. We sometimes have issues with the general oven also lighting, but all in all, Viking has strong quality. It's good. The gentleman who came out was amazing too. He was really helpful.

Original review: April 24, 2020

We bought an entire kitchen of Viking appliances in 2013. The range VISC5304BSS has been an expensive mistake. Had the dreaded 6 red flashes in 2016, on a part (filter control board) that is worth 2K to replace + labor. Same thing happened again 2020. Viking will not do anything about the multiple failures. For an appliance that is ~7K to begin with having to deal with a multi-thousand dollar repair every few years is completely unacceptable. I do like the induction cooktop, but am sorely unimpressed with the reliability of Viking.

Original review: April 24, 2020

I bought the beautiful cobalt blue, 2-oven, 8-burner, dual-fuel range in 2018 during our rebuild, after losing our house in the Tubbs Fire of 2017. I love my range, it's a real beauty, but I sure wish I could have configured the burners differently. ALL of the most powerful burners are along the front edge of the stove. The medium burners and the smallest burner are on the back, harder to reach even if more commonly used. If only they had put a couple of the most powerful burners (you can never use any of them full-blast, they are way too powerful) in the back and put the less powerful ones upfront that you would use every day! Why put the smallest burner, for gently melting or sautéing something, way in the back where it's hard to reach and keep an eye on? Ugh!

Original review: April 24, 2020

We saw the Viking range at Ferguson and there was a cardboard on display when we bought it that said that there was a temperature probe but Viking has discontinued that and didn’t think it was a good idea to update their literature. Even on the literature with the new unit that we got, it was still mentioning that same thing but we can’t use it because there’s no connection for it. And that is not acceptable. We bought the unit because we wanna have something that we could check the temperature of what’s cooking in the oven with and now we don’t have anything. I’ve asked them to get back on me and the representative for the area here hasn’t yet. I need to have a way to get temperatures inside the oven and I was expecting to have what I paid for or what was on the information that was on the oven.

Then, we had a unit that was defective when we got it so we got that returned. The new unit seems to function better. When we’re cooking, it has enough power, which is good. We like the 23,000 BTU burners. The center, when we can get it enough to click on most of the burners, is good and that works well. The broil works really well in the oven but the bake doesn’t work really well. And the convection seems to be working okay, although we haven’t figured out the differences yet of the true con and the regular con.

But we are still having issues with the burners, which click at low intensity when you have a hot pan and so on. The response I got from one tech was that the gas pressure was not okay, which is not true, and it is not due to the pressure line. I talked about it with the person that came in and installed the line. We put a new pressure regulator and so on because of the new line that we had to build in for this and that is working fine. We’re also having issues with the bake mode where the top element seems to be heating way too much than what would be expected. We can’t put anything on the top or close the top shelves because otherwise, everything burns on bake where we don’t mean to use convection. We were hoping that there would be an adjustment that can decrease the temperature on the top element on the bake. No one came back to us on that. We’re still waiting for these things.

Also, when we got the unit, the convection fan was loosened during transportation. When we started the convection, the convection would rattle like its helix was touching metal or whatever. The tech took the housing off and tightened up the convection fan screws. That took care of that and it hasn’t happened since the technician came.

The unit is beautiful when you buy it but as soon as we start using it, the copper pots of the burners are extremely difficult to clean. As soon as something falls on it, it kinda stains. We’ve tried all the tricks that they have in their manual including the ammonia and some salt but that still leaves stains. Also, the base of the burners is already coming off after we cleaned them three times and that also was a big disappointment. The choice of the material to cover this is probably not the best. We bought this semi-commercial unit because we cook a lot and the durability is not what I expected for $12,000. The people that we bought it at advised us against buying it because of the issue that they had. And we went away and bought it because we figured Viking has been trying to face these problems for some years and they must have seen the problems. But they clearly haven’t.

Original review: April 23, 2020

The range is stainless, heavy-built, and more commercial than residential. I got it through a local distributor but it was damaged upon arrival. The stainless trim below the oven door was dented and it took about two months to finally get the part out of them. I was disappointed in the support I got from them. There was follow up, but then we had to get back to them after not hearing them for a month. They kept on ordering the wrong parts. But other than that, Viking's quality is pretty decent.

Original review: April 22, 2020

There was a problem when we got the current model and some guy had to come out. It takes an awfully long time to warm up and I’m miffed that because it’s gas, the temperature fluctuates a little bit. Other than that, I love it. It’s really pretty and it makes me happy. I have the split oven and I like that part of it a lot. We have a large family, so it comes in handy.

Original review: April 21, 2020

At the end of 2010 we bought a kitchen full of Viking Appliances...I loved the look of them, they were high end products and we were in retirement mode, I had to have them. Fast forward 10 years later and I am no longer a Viking fan... We first had trouble with our fridge drawers - replaced them in approx 2017 as they were cracking - all this at a whopping $300 for just 2 large drawers!

In 2019 we experienced the same thing again and after duct taping them, we decided to complain to the manufacturer..They offered us 15% off new replacements which by this time all of them, 6 drawers and 2 butter covers were a mess. We ordered them $800+...NOW our stove was giving us problems..Two burners were not working..After checking with Viking, we enlisted the help of a repairman (65km away). The next saga did me in for Viking. After the first visit at a cost of $300, nothing could be done until we ordered parts..2nd visit parts installed - nothing $1200+ and now we are left with the final remedy of paying $2,200 (yes, you read it right) to install a new mother board!!! So if anyone is looking for a "half-working" stove....

Original review: April 21, 2020

I liked the look of the Viking brand. It has a really good reputation too. I had it in an old house of mine and I wanted to go back to it ‘cause I hadn’t had the best experience in between that with another brand that I had. The Viking range has great quality and it works well. I had one problem with it and Viking was right on it. They got someone over to fix a burner that wasn’t firing. Other than that, it's been great.

Original review: April 20, 2020

I chose Viking for its reputation but my range doesn't work. It just clicks away. It won’t simmer and it can’t light the oven. I have to put it on broiler first. Viking sent somebody to fix it, but they never fixed it. It was temporarily fixed. Now, it’s broken again. It’s only a couple months old. So we contacted the appliance store that we purchased it from and they also put another service ticket. However, it was not a good time and I didn’t want anybody in the house when they called. So now, I need somebody to get out here and fix my stove. It’s a lovely cooking apparatus but it has to work better than this.

Original review: April 19, 2020

Viking is a popular brand. I’ve owned another Viking stovetop. So, when we moved in to this new house, we put Viking in everything. The quality is great, and it was part of the reason why we bought it. I like that our range works. It does everything that we’re asking it to do. It’s what my wife wanted. It cooks great egg, and then cooks everything else fantastically. I’m very pleased with everything I got from Viking. It’s my second go-around to buying Viking appliances and it probably won’t be my last.

Original review: April 18, 2020

I bought a Viking range 2 yrs. ago. Since then I have had nothing but trouble. In short, the mainboard, fan, burner and controls gone bad TWICE. Upon contacting Viking and texting with support person - Deneen, I was promised someone would call to discuss my issues the same day. It's been over a week - no call. This range is obviously a lemon. $2400 is too much to repair a 2 yr old range.

Original review: April 17, 2020

We like our Viking range. We bought it from World of Appliances and there had been a couple of issues that they came and took care of. But overall, we’re happy and we like that it's shiny and metallic.

Original review: April 16, 2020

We’ve known about Viking for a long time. We were debating between Sub-Zero and Viking, and we noticed that Best Buy was selling Viking. So, it was an easy experience to just purchase it from Best Buy. The quality of our range is amazing. It makes a whole lot difference in baking, cooking, keeping temperature evenly when I’m simmering. I am a big cook. I know a difference between a good range and the not so good range.

Original review: April 15, 2020

I found out about Viking 20 years ago and back then, I couldn't afford it, but I've always heard the great reviews on the quality. I remodeled my kitchen in October and it was a good time to do it. After two months of purchase though, I ran into an inconvenience. Some time in December, we were trying to bake for the very first time and when we turned the knob on the oven, it broke from edge to edge, in the middle. It might have been some type of factory defect, but things happen. We had not even used the oven, but I called in, and it was under warranty.

Viking has a third party customer service where I called their number, and they did it with just the serial number. They assigned a technician to come, but they mailed the part first to my home.Once I got the part, I called them back and let them know that the part has arrived. We then scheduled the technician to come by and replace it. Since then, the knob has been a little tight. I can still make it function, but it doesn't run smoothly like the rest of the knobs. Another thing is that, the very first burner on the right-hand side is the one with the most flame. It's supposed to be the most intense flame on the range and it makes a blowing noise when it's on. This is the only burner that does that. Still, I love the quality.

Original review: April 14, 2020

I wanted a more professional range and for the price, Viking offered the most features in the budget that I was comfortable with as far as PTU, capacity, and self-cleaning. Testing was not offered by similar brands in this price range. The cooktop is great and the baking has been great. It was quick to get it from the company that I bought it from but I wasn’t thrilled with the third party delivery service they had. But it’s all fine. I’m happy with it so far. Viking accommodates different budgets, styles and features so it’s definitely worth looking into.

Viking Ranges Company Information