Accredited Partner

Viking Ranges

Viking Ranges
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.74/5

Viking is a luxury appliance manufacturer that offers high-performance ranges, refrigerators, dishwashers and more. Its ranges are available in a variety of burner configurations, sizes and fuel types. Customers see the widest variety of options with Viking gas ranges or dual-fuel models. Viking electric ranges or induction ranges have fewer size or configuration options, but these models are still feature-rich and can be customized by color.

Viking Gallery (6)

Viking Ranges Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking Ranges?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking?

Original review: July 11, 2020

We really like the look of it more than anything. We like the stovetop ranges and the double oven. It's nice when it's working. But the two burners aren't working. We called within our warranty time but we haven't heard back from them yet. Also, I wasn't real sure how to clean the griddle and we kind of had a hard time with that. I wish I would have had a little bit more instruction on how to connect griddle from where we bought it at Best Buy. But we've been pleased with it overall.

Original review: July 10, 2020

I got a range, a dishwasher, a microwave, and a refrigerator from Viking. But I'm not happy with any of them. I had a problem with the burners of the range. It's really easy to move the igniter if you're cleaning it and when you take the ring off. But if you move the igniter too close, it won't ignite. You have to bend it back into place. I had to bend it back in place initially to get it to work. Also, the finish on the grills that come with it on the top came off on it in four months. I called Viking and figured they would send me a new one. But they said it was not covered and that it was cosmetic. These things are supposed to be pretty sweet. In general, I’m super disappointed in the fact that it’s 10 grand on a package and I’m not happy with any of the units.

Original review: July 9, 2020

I'm seriously disappointed in Viking. Redid my whole kitchen and got a good deal to get all Viking appliances. The fridge drawers don't stay closed. Yes we leveled it. But the worst is our stove top. The induction range stopped working three times in the first year. Had both sides replaced. Then a month after my warranty was up the second side let go again. Customer service then wanted us to pay to have a repair man to come and say it was not working. That was done and we got a 1200$ plus time estimate to fix it. Customer service was not helpful and for some reason we can not submit a complaint on the website. I now have 2 plug in induction stove tops from Canadian tire sitting on my 4000$ range that have worked well for 3 years. Don't know what to do with my range now. The only upside is the oven. That works very well.

Original review: July 8, 2020

A friend told us about Viking. We liked how they had better deals and professional quality. We got one of their products and it's been working well so far. Cleaning it has been easy.

Original review: July 2, 2020

I like to cook a lot. The first time we were making tamales on our Viking Range, the corner of the stainless steel thing got burnt. I told Viking and they replaced it. But now, they tell not to put the flame too high. Plus, when my two little girls bake, they sometimes burn their stuff. This is because they put 350 on our Viking's oven and it gets to 475. Also, when we're doing cupcakes, the fan that turns on pushes the cupcake on the side so they're not evenly round. My little girls miss our old range. We paid a lot of money for our Viking so I expected it to be good. I'm not so happy with it. I'd rather go to Home Depot and buy something there at a fraction of the price.

Original review: July 1, 2020

I’ve called Viking Range several times for various questions since we bought a house with a Viking built in refrigerator. Unfortunately, the previous owner did not leave any of the user manuals behind and unable to locate the model & serial numbers. Hope from customer service and Stuart from the service side were a huge help. I was able to find out when my refrigerator was made and some of other mechanical information I needed. Our refrigerator is just over 20 years old and beautiful. Love the simplicity and clean lines. I would never have gotten this type of support from any of the mainstream appliance companies which I have tried in the past with other kitchen appliances that I have owned.

Original review: June 27, 2020

Viking is a well-known brand and I'm the manager of the property who call them for maintenance and service. We got the Viking ranges when we did a big renovation. The designer was the one who specified the appliances and he brought up what would be the best fit for the property. Appearance-wise, the Viking range is great and that's my most favorite part. But we've been in a pickle regarding the stirring iron thing that goes on top that got rusted. We called customer service to figure it out warranty-wise and although Viking seems to be interested in helping, it fell into a bit of a limbo because the contractor ordered appliances much before they moved them to the property. I was the one who has to call and try to coordinate the necessary replacement and I was told that warranty-wise, we are out of warranty, which didn't help. And to date, the problem is still not resolved.

We're also a little confused of the temperature control of the stove that goes on and off, on and off, then it stops. According to the clients, it was pretty annoying and they thought that the thing was defective. But apparently, it is a feature that will prevent high gas consumption and unnecessary heating. Viking's reps walked me through that when I was going over the warranty with them. Other than that, everything else is just fine.

Original review: June 24, 2020

Viking was running a special so I bought my range from them. I got a free under-the-counter microwave which is what I was needing at the time. I was redesigning my kitchen. I like the range and I'm using gas instead of electric. It's been good except for the main door. Whenever it closes, it doesn't always turn off the light so I have to push it close a little harder.

Original review: June 23, 2020

My old range was dead and I was looking at Wolf or Sub-Zero. Viking's price was right and availability were why we went with them. I had talked to the dealer about a couple of other things and they really strongly suggested the range. It made sense, and I’m happy with what we got. I really love it but the door doesn’t quite close. I needed to call and figure out how to fix that, but COVID screwed up everything. Other than that, it bakes well and the burners work well. I'm thoroughly satisfied with the experience.

Original review: June 20, 2020

We had a Viking range in our previous home and then we moved and we updated our kitchen. We wanted the same appliances that we had in the other home because we liked them. We got the range, the hood, and a dishwasher. The leads broke but they sent somebody out for free within a couple of days to fix it. It was all covered. I was very happy with it and everything has been perfect since the tech came out.

Original review: June 19, 2020

We chose the Viking range for the BTU that it is putting out. I've also heard that they are very long-lasting. They professional ranges compared with our standard ranges. I love everything about it. I love the broil temperature that they have in their oven. I love their racks because it slides out, while with other brands, it doesn't. If they like to cook a lot at home, I'd definitely suggest picking a Viking over anything else out there if you like to cook at home.

Original review: June 18, 2020

We were doing a total renovation and I looked at a variety of options. I like that overall the Viking had the features I was looking for. I'm looking for the long-range sort of usage of it and it's value holding up including some point reselling the home and whatever. We really liked the double oven feature part of the range. One time, we had a problem where a light would not turn off in one of the switches. They had somebody come out and troubleshoot it. It took them a while to figure out what was going on with that but they were very good about getting right back to us and servicing that. And it is under warranty. But even so, I felt like in any event, they would have addressed whatever the issues were. So far, we've had an excellent experience with them.

Original review: June 17, 2020

We bought the whole set from Viking. We had some problems with the range but Abt took care of that. Since then, there has been no problems and it's been great. Overall, we're happy with Viking and with the appliances.

Original review: June 16, 2020

We got our Viking range used and we got it at a really good price. I like the quality. I feel like the electronics and stuff in it seems to be kinda problematic, but that might also be because it is older. We had issues with the oven and a new control board was ordered and that fixed everything except for the broiler. Now, we’re just trying to fix the broiler problem. Other than that, my experience with Viking themselves is great. They gave me the history of the appliance and I was able to figure out what work had been done on it before. I was really happy with Viking’s technical service and support. And I like the way the range looks and it cooks great. You can feel the difference just in the weight of the appliance we took out compared to this one. It's made much more solidly and well-constructed than typical appliances.

Original review: June 14, 2020

My overall experience has not been very good, not with the Viking range itself, but with the servicing and the people that I had to deal with. The door does not close all the way, so the light has been on for almost a year. This is pre-COVID and I’ve had so much trouble trying to get a service call. I was bounced between that it’s still under warranty and then it’s not under warranty even though I bought a service contract. Also, I kept getting passed between the service contract people and the corporate people, so I kinda gave up. The light is finally going out, but my point was that because the door doesn’t shut all the way, I don’t know that it’s properly heating the interior without the heat escaping. I’m sure it takes a screwdriver and a small adjustment and I would’ve been happy.

Original review: June 13, 2020

We are building a brand new house, so we went to the appliance store and they showed us all kinds of different options. I knew I wanted the 36-inch or I want it bigger and I want the more commercial-like because I like to cook and I like to bake. The Viking range is what the sales guy had and he showed us. We were interested in the dual because I know an oven is nicer to have electric for baking and stuff like that and the gas for the top. It's very nice.

But we've had problems right from the get-go. We love the top, but the oven part is where we having all the issues. The installer noticed an issue with the fan being super loud whenever we run it on convection. He started the claim for us. The installer worked with the store that we bought the range from and was gonna have them come out and take a look at it. We've had the guy out here twice and we still don't have it fixed. The guy said he was gonna order some parts and he would be back out. He came back out and he said it was not the right thing. He went back and we haven't heard from him since.

We've had it since October so the known problems have been since then and we can't get anybody to fix it. We can't even get them now to return our calls. My husband tried to reach out to him a couple of times and haven't gotten a callback. The range seems to run really hot. I keep burning stuff in it and I'm kinda irritated. But the top is fine and we love the griddle. Other than the oven issue, everything works really great.

Original review: June 12, 2020

The Viking range was built in the house that we bought. My wife looks pleased with it, but I have heard her complain that cleaning it is a bit involved.

Original review: June 11, 2020

My wife wanted a Viking range and the purchasing process went smooth and fast. The quality is great. The only thing is the door hinge of the oven is a little weird. It keeps on popping out and I just pop it back in. I don't think it's to the quality of Viking but I never reached out. I don’t think they're gonna give me a whole new door hinge. Besides that, everything else is perfect. It works great.

Original review: June 10, 2020

I love the Viking range. I was looking for a larger range, and I liked the fact that it has two ovens- the regular oven and another one. The griddle is awesome and my husband loves all of the burners. It’s also pretty to look at. I ordered it through a catalog and when it was delivered, the delivery people left it outside of my house. They said they would come back to bring it in the house. Then they said it was damaged. I tried to have it picked up by them, but they wouldn’t do it. They said my husband signed that it was okay. My sons had to bring it into the house and when they brought it in, they broke one of the knobs off. But otherwise, the stove was not damaged. I had to call Viking to get a new part and they did a fantastic job. I would highly recommend Viking.

Original review: June 9, 2020

We received our range and it was installed in our home. Everything worked fine for a day. Then, the oven stopped working. We called for a service technician to come out. They came out, did some adjustments, and nothing worked. He couldn't get it to fix so he said that we got to order new parts. I told him that it is a brand-new range and I asked why we need to order brand-new parts. So, it arrived faultily.

The parts were back-ordered for probably a month. We spoke to our regional representative, trying to figure out what the holdup was. Of course, it was blamed on COVID and I understood that. Then the parts came and the service technician installed them. Everything was working when he was here. He left that evening. I went to make dinner and put a chicken in. An hour later, the oven was lukewarm. It didn't maintain its flame. The next morning, before I called them, I thought to see what was going on. It would go through its clicking cycle to ignite. It’s a liquid propane system. And we ordered the correct range.

That morning, it went through its cooking cycle like it always does and didn't light. We tried it again and then a fireball came out the bottom of it. I called the technician and told them what happened. I also called our regional representative and told her what happened. The technician was busy and couldn't come out ‘til the next week. Then he came back out and looked at it. He called the Viking service line and went through all of the suggestions that they made. He could get the small oven to light, but could not get the bigger side to light, and now has ordered another part. I think it's the igniter or something like that is not working. I just got a phone call this morning that we're on the schedule two weeks from now to get it repaired. Right now, I’m not very happy.

We can use the top, but we can't do anything in the oven. It's pretty frustrating, especially since this is supposed to be top-of-the-line. So, basically, we have a brand-new piece of metal sitting in our kitchen that we can't use to its full extent. The most frustrating thing is we're not getting any discount or benefit. We tell our representatives what's going on. We even said that we wanted another one because what if something happens to this one again? I don't know why that wasn't offered, again, ‘cause it's a brand-new thing and it's faulty when it arrived. I understand it's a big piece. It's not like something that I brought home in a bag. It involved shipping and people installing it. But we're kind of stuck as a consumer. Our technician is great. They're highly recommended. It’s no fault of them. It's the product and these aren't cheap. Essentially this thing is the price of a car.

Original review: May 29, 2020

We purchased our apartment last year and everything was installed already. It’s all Viking. We’re quite happy with the equipment. Everything is working smoothly and the range is great although we have an issue with the noise. It took me really long to have the technician come over, which was probably a few months but he came and looked at it. He said that it was a manufacturer issue so, he put a few bolts on the back. The noise is still there but it’s less. I like that the microwave is spacious and then, my stove is good. The oven is okay too, even though I prefer to have an even bigger oven. The fridge with a French door freezer is big too but I will benefit more if the freezer compartment would be larger, but it’s okay. We still fit it. We’re just a family of five people but we need more space.

Original review: May 28, 2020

I've seen Viking Ranges in the past in the stores and we decided to go with them because of the quality of their products and name recognition. We got a commercial pipe stove and we like the way it looks. We do a lot of cooking. We bought the range at National Appliance up in Wilmington, Delaware and they were very helpful and very knowledgeable. They walked us through the different competitive brands such as Monogram, Wolf, and Viking. They showed us the pros and cons of each one, and what other consumers that purchased them liked over what model over the other, which led us back to the Viking. So far, our range is everything I thought it would be and the glides in the oven racks are our favorite feature. We also try to maintain the oven and clean-up has not been an issue.

Original review: May 27, 2020

Everything's working fine with our Viking range. However, we need a replacement part and it seems to have taken quite some time to get that part. There was a problem with the door, in the door handle. It happened in January when it was discovered, and we still haven't had it resolved and the COVID-19 pandemic hasn't helped. But I've enjoyed cooking on the top and we also have a double oven as well. It all seems to be working well.

Original review: May 26, 2020

I had a friend that had a Viking range. It was reliable and I also like the way it looks. The Viking range was good, once I got it fixed. My favorite feature would be how quickly I can cook a meal, the burners get hot and the oven stays relatively warm. The feature that I do not like is on the oven, how the temperature resets. If it gets up to 400 degrees, and you’re baking a cake, and then, it stops. Once it reaches 400 degrees, a fan comes on, it’s like I have to cook the cake a little bit longer. I dealt with my home warranty company. I think it was the igniter switch but it took of months to get the part ordered. But that was the only bad part.

Original review: May 25, 2020

Viking's reputation stands out. Their price point was okay as well. We use the propane gas model. Their service has been good. We had a couple of bad items that came in with it, but they fixed it via third party. Ultimately they did everything they could. Viking sends out books that are probably inch-thick that tells us what to do. I think they’d be better off if they do a follow-up call with their clients to go over it and walk through since you spend $20,000 on a range.

Original review: May 24, 2020

I was a little disappointed in the delivery from the vendor that I got the range from. He kinda just threw it on the front door and left. It wasn’t installed, so I had my contractors install it. But there was some damage. I don’t know if the guy damaged it on the front kick plate right under the oven. Once I called, they sent someone quickly and replaced it. Overall, it’s a great product. I’m in the hotel business and I’m familiar with stoves and BTUs and capabilities.

Original review: May 23, 2020

I’ve known about Viking Ranges forever. I felt that it had everything that I needed at the price point that I could afford. I wanted a Wolf because everybody has a Wolf and raves about it. But I thought that it was out of my price range. I wondered where could I get something of equal quality but without all the bells and whistles, which was why I bought a basic Viking range with no electronics, just the straight goods. We dealt with Trail Appliance and liked them very much. The salesman there had the very same Viking range and was really positive about it. They also offered a free set of pots and pans once you bought your Viking range, but I’ve contacted them twice, and nobody has gotten back to me about it. That bothered me. Other than that, we couldn’t be happier with the experience. The range's quality is excellent. My favorite thing is how hot it could get and how low it could go without disruption.

Original review: May 21, 2020

This seemingly well-designed professional oven fits nicely with contemporary decor, seems well insulated and well made. Some things to be aware of:

> First, Viking opted to screen labels rather than etch them. As a result, in a few short years of cleaning, the labels are disappearing. This is flaw on their range as well.

> Second, the ovens suffer from a significant design flaw, or feature depending upon your viewpoint. In an effort to quickly raise the oven to the desired temperature the oven engages the broiler element and sets the bottom element to 1000 degrees Kelvin (I'm kidding, but it's at full power/red hot). Viking calls this "Rapid Ready". Your baked goods will be punished severely if you put them into the oven even moments before the temperature light goes out.

> The 'Convection' setting utilizes a back-of-oven element and a fan to distribute the heat. Theoretically, this is better for more sensitive baked goods but our experience has been disappointing. Even at temperatures 25 degrees less than stated in recipes the convection oven tends to burn the tops of baked goods.

Overall, our conclusion is that these ovens are finicky and the differentiating features are disappointing or undesirable all together.

Original review: May 19, 2020

I liked the actual look of the Viking. It's the commercial look that I wanted for my kitchen. I was redoing my kitchen. I love the quality of my Viking. It's great. It's really nice that it's just like an old-school type. You turn the knob and it goes on. There's no timer. It's very simple. I didn't realize it until I brought it in the house because I was used to the oven, but I do like it very much. It's very easy to clean.

Original review: May 17, 2020

I’ve had friends with Viking and I thought it was a really good one. But mine has had a lot of trouble. My range was put together wrong so it burned out wires. It won’t work half of the time. I’ve only had it since November and I probably cooked on it three months out of all these months I’ve had it. It’s not really good. Viking sent someone to look at it and they worked on it one time, replaced some things, and got it going. But something else went wrong and maintenance people were sent to check it but Viking refused to pay for the service.

They were supposed to get in touch with me to figure out what Viking is gonna do about my problem. The guys who worked on my unit said Viking just needs to send me a new one because mine never worked. We’ve spent a ton of time and I haven’t been able to use my range. It’s still sitting there. Viking got feedback from me and I’m still waiting on them to call me back. They won’t return my phone calls. I used my unit when it worked but I waited two months to fix it the first time. That’s so unsatisfactory. I need someone to fix my Viking.

Viking Ranges Company Information