Call toll free
3.62/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Recognized for their exceptional products, Viking provides free standing ranges, range tops, ovens, refrigeration of all kinds, and much more. They have re-engineered their products and they are better than ever. You can now own these products that were previously available only in commercial kitchens. Since partnering with The Middleby Corporation over two years ago, they’ve shifted their culture to ensure their products, quality, and service are the best out there. With numerous products to choose from, you’ll find exactly what you’ve been looking for.

Viking Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Viking Ranges Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: March 29, 2019

I have owned Viking for the last 15 years, in 4 different homes. One of my kitchens is a full suite of Viking appliances, with a 48" range oven. In the past 5 years I've moved three times, and each move I purchased a Viking range, to make me feel like home. Over the course of the last 5 years, I was able to experience the changes, primarily changes to cut costs, but the warranty was 3 years, something that Viking was very proud of. So, I continued to purchase with confidence. In May of 2014, I purchased a range with a 5-year warranty, which remained at my old address.

My last range purchase was Oct. 2017, which I believed to have the normal 3-year warranty. I had to change the oven fan last year, which is an ongoing problem with Viking. There are also ongoing issues with their oven doors and grates, which prompted my call to Viking customer service today. I wanted to schedule service for the continuous problem with the fan, the oven door which does not close properly, discoloration on the stainless lip that meets the burners, unsafe oven racks.

The customer rep that took my call, was rude and told me my warranty was expired. I told her my range is less than 2 years old. I was shocked when I learned that my warranty was up, and with her rudeness and dismissiveness. She told me that Viking changed the warranty program and that I should read my manual. I then called the company I purchased from and they confirmed the 1-year warranty and that I should have read my warranty before purchase.

I feel as though Viking has been dishonest with customers who are repeat customers and familiar with them. There was no way for me to know about this change unless the salesperson made me aware of it, and they may have not known themselves. At the time of this purchase for the range or for any purchase of any appliance, which I have bought my fair share of, I have never been given manuals to read before purchase. I've always relied on my experience with products, companies and salespeople. This is disappointing as I have nowhere to go and this point, no one ever contacted me with perhaps purchasing an extended warranty either. I'm confident that I'm not the only consumer who's experienced this surprise in the last 2 years. And I'm also confident that customers who've spent well over 30K in repeat business would be treated better than a buyer beware clause.

Original review: March 29, 2019

Viking's reputation made me decide to purchase from them through a third party company. Thus far, we love the quality of our range. I’d recommend it highly.

Original review: March 28, 2019

We’ve known about Viking for a long time. We heard they last a long time. We liked the salesman we bought our range from a lot. We talked about a lot of different ranges, but we ended up settling on the Viking. Our experience with the product has been seamless. My wife seems to be pretty happy about the product. She loves it.

Original review: March 23, 2019

I purchased a new Viking Downdraft Ventilator unit (VIPR101) along with a Viking Countertop Range several years ago. Since then I have had 4 ON/Off switches on the unit fail all in the same place in the circuitry between the switch and the main board in the fan unit. After 4 identical failures it is clear the design of the part is inadequate which I have informed the Viking parts department of each time and yet they have not updated this part.

After once again informing the Viking parts department and explaining that despite my infrequent need to use the fan while cooking I was told by the agent that this was reason for the failures because I do not use the fan each time I use the range as though I should use the fan to boil water. What a feeble excuse to explain a defective design on their part. It was clear evidence that they prefer to soak me for the many replacements rather than admit the problem and do something about it.

My solution now has been to replace the switch with a ALCOSWITCH model TPC13C-O for about $2 rather than Vikings $70 price. Only a minor modification was required to the fan housing to install this new switch and this replacement has been working fine ever since. Unfortunately this will be the last Viking product I ever purchase having experienced the callous and greedy way they treat their customers. Future buyers beware!

Original review: March 20, 2019

Six years ago we bought a $10,000 Viking professional range. While it may look beautiful, it has never worked properly. The large oven door will not shut tightly. We have had the appliance store where we purchased it come out numerous times and I am regularly told that I am being too rough with the door. Well, the door has never closed properly, and because it doesn’t close properly the oven turns off whenever I set the oven to a temperature above 400 degrees. The appliance company insists that there’s nothing wrong with the hinges, and Viking has done absolutely nothing to help. I am now ready to replace a stove that should’ve lasted my lifetime. If you’re looking for a stove, choose anything but a Viking.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking?

Original review: March 20, 2019

Totally disappointed with their service. We are retired. My husband is Vietnam veteran suffering exposure to Agent Orange so the oven is an integral part of our meal preparations. We had a service technician evaluate the problem which was faulty oven door hinges. We asked Viking service could they give us any assistance in covering some of the cost of the hinges or possibly the installation cost. We were told, "No. That it is not our policy" and we were on our own. As good as this stove has been, I would never buy another Viking product again. I caution anyone considering purchasing their products.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I liked the way Viking Ranges look better than other competitors. I like my range's quality a lot, but there are a few things I don't like. The top is very difficult to clean. There’s a bar on the top before the burners and it’s like a crevice. There's no flat surface there because of that enclosure. Everything around the burners gets into those cracks. It’s in a really bad spot for the stainless and you have to clean it constantly, and the best thing to do is vacuum it up. Plus it doesn’t make sense that they didn’t make a smaller burner. They’re all the same size and if you had a really small pan, it could be difficult to use. Other than that, it cooks very well. I like the oven racks and the way they telescope out is good. I’ve cooked a lot in the oven and it stayed clean until I dumped a batter of egg thing in it. I slipped, but it was fine. There's a learning curve though. You can’t just put it in and use it. You need to really read.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I like Viking range's style and quality. My favorite is its cooking surface I ordered it online through Appliance Connection and the site was easy to use. I would recommend Viking.

Viking Ranges response

One of the main ingredients used to manufacture our products is Quality; without it there's not much left to build on. Thank you for helping to create a solid foundation.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I like the Viking range and the open burner design. I do a lot of stovetop cooking and I didn’t want all of the electronics. However, I’ve had a lot of problems with the oven. But then Viking has addressed them accordingly and the dealer took care of everything right away.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Save yourself the trouble and read all the previous one star reviews. I wish I had done that. Two years ago when building my dream kitchen, I splurged and purchased a Viking stove. The stove would not heat up consistently as many others have noted and I finally called Viking for advice. Apparently, the warranty period had changed from 3 years to 1 year so I was on my own. They gave me an authorized dealer and I had to pay $450 for a service call and new igniter part. I was not happy but at least my stove would be working properly.

It's now just three months later and again the same thing is happening. The oven turns on but in the middle of cooking, the igniter keeps clicking and the temperature does not remain consistent. It's hit or miss whether you'll be able to cook your food. I had a GE stove in my previous home that cost a fraction of my Viking stove and it worked perfectly for 10 years and was still going strong when I moved. Don't waste your money on this overpriced defective product.

Viking Ranges response

So sorry to hear of your problems. A Viking Customer Care Advocate will contact you shortly for more information.

Original review: March 13, 2019

We learned about Viking from a friend and she told us that there was this Viking refrigerator on sale, so we went and purchased it. We were in the middle of building a house and decided to go with the range and the dishwasher after that. We had to get a contractor to put in the dishwasher and after he put it in, the seal that sealed the door of the dishwasher when you run it had been flipped over or creased, but he was able to unfold it and he tried to work it back. Then, the icemaker on the refrigerator never worked, and we’ve got water lines coming to it. The guy seemed to think the whole icemaker was bad or there’s a solenoid or a switch that could be out.

We also have two eyes on the range that haven't worked. One wouldn’t ignite at all, while the other ignited 20% of the time. When the appliance people came out to look at them, they had to order the parts and I needed to call Viking in order to see if I can get that under warranty. It was brand new when we got it. At that price range and for the quality, we were expecting a bit more attention to detail and less issues, especially not have something wrong with all three of them. Still, we like them. They work well, and they're nice. My wife’s also enjoying the range well and I like how quick it heats up. It’s good. I would recommend it.

Original review: March 12, 2019

My mom has a Viking range and I really like it. It’s bigger than 36-inch and she uses it when everyone comes over for Christmas and Easter. It just works so well. It would boil a pot of water within minutes which was way different than when I boil a pot of water on just a conventional oven. I felt like I was waiting for 20 minutes. So, I got one too and we really liked it. However, I got a replacement because for three years that we've had it, the door would fall off every three months and Viking couldn’t fix it. A whole slew of things happened throughout the first six months that led to more things, and it just broke. I asked Viking to replace it because it was not repairable and they’ve already repaired it 12 times. So finally, I got a new version of what I had bought and it’s working.

I didn’t get to use the oven as much as I wanted to, but when I did, the convection was also one of the features that I wanted Viking for, and the self-clean which I really love. The cooktop is strong and it has a different side burners. The one at the back for simmer and then I have the oval one for a grill effect. The design is really nice. It’s low in the back which is basic to turn it on and clean it, and that’s all I have.

The dealer was so sweet and she worked so hard with me. I had a lot of anxiety with my range and the appliance guy said, “You’re really lucky that you’ve got this replaced. No one gets a replacement.” It’s a $5,000 purchase and every time their techs would come out, it would be $200 just to assess it and it’s a high price to pay. So, to those who wanted to buy a Viking, they have to have some money to back it up if something goes wrong. They can’t just have it under warranty at Sears because Sears doesn’t cover a high-end appliance like Viking.

Viking Ranges response

While we regret that your original range had problems, we are so glad to hear that the replacement range Viking provided is working well for you.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I wanted the quality of the Viking stove so I went with them and I've had it for six months now. I dealt with Reno’s Appliance, which carries the Viking stuff, and they were good about getting us the package deal. So, we got all Viking equipment, and that was good. I just had my stove serviced a couple days ago because something with the igniters were malfunctioning and the range top is not working. So, they had to do some work in here and it took a couple of weeks to get their tech out here.

Original review: March 8, 2019

A Viking range was in the house when I bought it and I haven’t had a good experience with it so far. It cooks well when it is working but I got a knob that broke off and I have to get a burner replaced. There’s a place of service in my area, but I haven’t had the chance to get it scheduled yet so the range hasn’t been fixed yet.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I chose between Viking and Wolf and the price point was a big point why I chose Viking. Overall, I like the quality of the Viking range and I like many aspects of it even though I was supposed to have service on it again. I’ve had a service problem since the beginning and they haven’t rectified it yet even though they have tried. My favorite thing about the range is the ease of being able to clean the top. I like being able to take the top apart and get into all the components. I like cleaning them in the dishwasher or washing by hand. I also like the team at the Viking dealer very much. They were good.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Everyone knows about Viking. I had a Wolf stove before for many years and I loved it. When I went to look at the stoves, I thought the Viking was just as good, it’s just without the red knobs. I've had the Viking range for a few months now and so far, I think it's excellent. I like that it has very precise and really good temperature control. However, when I was dealing with their customer service, I had a little bit of difficulty. I was on hold for a very long time before I finally got through to someone. He promised me that if I came back with the right serial number, he would replace the parts free. I hang up and got the serial number. Then, I was on hold a very, very long time again. I got a different person who told me that what the first rep said isn't true and I won't get the replacement part for free. But in the end, they worked it out.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I bought the new house with a Viking range in it. Before I moved here, I lived in an apartment and I had a very old stove. And, this one’s a lot better. I use the range's oven every day to broil. It has two types of convection broil, and since I've read the instructions carefully, I can choose one another.

Original review: March 4, 2019

My wife chose our range. It's the smallest Viking one with four burners on it. I bought it online and I like the size of the burners. We’ve only had it about a month, but it seems to be good.

Original review: March 3, 2019

I’m a contractor and I’ve installed Viking Ranges several times. I also got one for myself. I like that it has no griddle on top and it's all grill because most of the other ones had the griddle and I didn't want that. I purchased it through my Ferguson rep and the installation was fine. We got it installed in January and so far, everything seems to work well. I haven’t had any problems.

Original review: March 2, 2019

The Viking registration site would not accept my information so it was somewhat of a hassle to get both of my products registered. I had to go through one of their customer service supervisors. It was a little laborious. I had to produce copies of the tags on my product. I had to produce a sales receipt and a lot more information than I would have had I been able to just use the website. The operator’s manual for the appliances is also not specific enough. The instructions are vague in regard to operating the range and turning it on. But I'm generally pleased with the range. It cooks so much faster than a gas or an electric range. I also like the size of it and the interior of the oven.

Original review: March 1, 2019

We liked Viking's name recognition and aesthetics. I feel good about the quality of the range that we got. The installer commented that it was the heaviest range of that size he had ever tried to lift in his life. And he’s been installing high-end appliances for 15 years. Weight is a good indication of quality to me. You can typically look at the weight of something and figure out whether it’s made well or not. I also liked that we could get the Viking range in a custom color because my wife wanted a black one. We had to wait a couple of extra months for Viking to build that one. Having the dual fuel, which is the gas range and the electric oven, is good too.

We got our Viking range at Bob Wallace Appliance in Huntsville, Alabama. They were really good and I would definitely recommend them. I picked out the range online, talked with the salesperson, ordered it over the phone, and had it delivered to my house. The whole thing from step one to the final step was done without me ever stepping foot in the store.

I know that Viking and other high-end brands like this have like a no discount policy. But we were able to take advantage of a sale going on to where when we bought the range, we got a free Viking dishwasher with it. Also, one of the things that I wanted, we were going from a electric stove to a gas stove and I wanted a vent hood. And as part of that Viking promotion, we could pick a microwave or a dishwasher. In the future, they could add to the list of free products that one could get. I would’ve taken a free vent hood even though it’s less expensive than a dishwasher because I didn’t need a new dishwasher. I just got it anyways because it was free. The promotions like that are really good and as far as the stove, everything works perfectly right now.

Viking Ranges response

Thank you for sharing your Viking experience, we are so glad to hear that you are happy with your range and dishwasher!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I had a kitchen remodel and they installed the Viking range, and the unit itself was level front to back and side to side. But the cooking surfaces, which include the range top and the ovens, were not level. They dipped down in the front. I only noticed it when I was making Christmas morning breakfast and I was cooking pounds of bacon on the griddle that covers both the burners. All the grease was collecting in the front of the griddle, which is not safe. If I had not been paying attention, it would have overflowed into the front, right into the burner and cause a fire.

I called Viking to state that I had this issue, and they sent one of their authorized service people to come out and look at it. The tech guy was by himself and he couldn’t do much. He fiddled around and then he left. I got a phone call a couple of weeks later that said, “Your case has been closed. There is nothing that can be done with your range". I went back to Viking and they were like, “We got a copy of the report and the report states that it’s an installation problem which is not our issue. You need to go back to whoever installed it.” When they came out to look at my range, my contractor was here. He was talking to the service man and said, “Everything is perfect. I followed all the instructions. Everything is laid out the way it’s supposed to be. Nothing is butting up against it.”

It went back and forth and finally, I asked for another different authorized service company to come out. Before they came out, Viking called me and said, “This second opinion you’re getting is not covered.” The second service company came out, and they came out with two guys. The older gentleman looked at the range and said, “Your surface isn’t level.” They took care of it and now it's level. He gave me my slip and I was like, “How much do I owe you?” He said, “We are charging Viking for this. It is their problem. You’re not paying for this.”

Overall the Viking range is a wonderful thing to cook on when everything is okay. Up until recently, I was cooking for a very large family and boys eat a lot of food on a four-burner cooktop. Now I have an eight-burner range so I can cook to my heart’s content and not have to shuffle things around, shove them in the oven or put them in the grill. I got the range and it came with a microwave drawer which is wonderful. The only thing that I did not get was the range hood because they charge you for it and then they charge you for the fan motors separately.

Resolution response: Feb. 24, 2019

This stove will outlast my house. Built like a tank, burners are amazing all the way from the slightest simmer flame to a multilevel scorcher. We have the grill and griddle. Grill makes some smoke but will dear steak just like your outdoor gas grill. Have enough power in a vented hood or you’ll need to remove batteries from smoke alarms. The griddle is thick steel and after one seasoning as recommended you’ll have a perfect nonstick surface smooth enough to cook eggs. Easy to clean with a paper towel. Only downside to this monster is its weight, which I guess only matters to the installers. You’ll never want it to leave and it’s the one thing a thief couldn’t carry out.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I purchased a 60" Viking range 8/2/18 and took delivery on 9/28/18. I submitted an online rebate that was supposed to process within 6-8wks. On 12/20/18, after not receiving the rebate, I called to check status. The representative told me that a form I submitted wouldn't open properly so I sent a new copy and called to make sure it would open. The rep told me everything was in order and that I should expect the rebate in 4-6 weeks. Called again 2/8/19 and it hadn't been processed. Rep told me that it would be sent in 2 days. Still nothing. Although I love my stove today, I paid the extra money thinking that Viking would be a good company to work with if I had issues. After this experience, I'm not sure that I made a good choice. I wish I were able to review my stove (which I love) but I'm left waiting 6 months and counting on a rebate. Tired of trying to get this resolved.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I like everything about my Viking range. It’s nothing fancy but it’s fine. It’s more industrial and the quality, so far, is good. Also, I purchased it from a store in Portland, Oregon and the rep that I dealt with was very good.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

We have a Viking at the house that we lived in for many years. We have used the one we just purchased a couple of times already in a new house that we’re in the process of moving to. The reality is that the propane seems to be a little bit less steady as a normal flame would be, but that is the only thing I’ve noticed. Livingood’s was the place we purchased it, and they were very accommodating and knowledgeable about different products. We’ve always liked Viking, and it seems like they’ve made some improvements to the new model.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

We've had our Viking Range for a few months now and it's been awesome. Both ovens work amazing. The griddle is good, it's just that it's a little difficult to clean at times. But then I can get everything I want out of a 48-inch range and it's right in line with other pieces of equipment that are at the same cost.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

We wanted high-end kitchen appliances so we were looking at either Viking or Sub-Zero Wolf. We wanted to make sure that all of our appliances match so we went with Viking. We've had the range for about a month now and so far, no issues. I feel like it's pretty high quality, although when I put it on simmer or very low heat, it tends to lose the flame, so it is hard and I have to really adjust. I can't go all the way low or it will flame out, and it halts my cooking. Other than that, we're happy with the oven. It definitely feels sturdy from the knobs to the door. It seems like it's well put together so I appreciate that. I haven't had issues with cooking. It seems to have a pretty strong flame and for everything that we are using it for, it is doing the trick. The infrared boiler is really nice. I just have to get used to it because it would get very hot. We burned a couple of things and we realized how powerful it was.

We had an issue with the fridge. The right door that has the little piece that is supposed to move when shutting it so it can go in wasn’t lining up with the tracker thing that pushes it outwards. They came out and fixed that. Also, the top piece of the microwave wasn't put properly, so we just had the guy who was fixing the door do it as well. Overall, I am happy and I will definitely recommend Viking.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

We heard about Viking ranges at the Chicago Showroom. We went with them because of their quality. I live in Buffalo, so when I went there, they connected me to the nearest distributor which happened to be in Long Island or New Jersey, and they were wonderful and very helpful. The units we got are working out wonderfully. I like all of the lights in the dishwasher and the oven unit.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I have used Vikings many times in many homes in the past. I liked the way it functions, and it cooked even. I liked the way it looks, too. It is built well. The range tops and the ranges seem sturdy. I had a conversation with the regional Viking manager. Her name is Sue, local in Sonoma or Marin County. She was very helpful and very compassionate about our issues. As a result, she sent out a second technician to try to troubleshoot what we felt was the problem. They kept insisting that this was just how the Viking refrigerator sounded and sort of that was that.

It would be nice if the knobs didn’t stick out so far on the rim. There is about a 4-inch piece of metal on the top that sticks out, so, aesthetically, it would be nicer if it fit back into the counter depth. Also, it would be nice if they manufactured some sort of a piece out of the stainless steel to go with the oven that fits in the crack behind the oven. I know that these ranges don’t all flushed to the wall because you have to have enough room for the plug to go into the outlet and enough room to attach the gas hose. So, it forces the range to stick out even a little further, then it creates a one to two inches behind where you are cooking. So, things can spill or splatter or go down in that hole. I could not get any help from anybody on that. We had to make something ourselves. They have a thing that they put underneath the front of the range to cover the gap where the legs are. They made something for that.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Viking Ranges look beautiful that’s why I chose Viking over a different name, also because of the quality and the name behind it. I wanted everything to match, so I went with the range and the dishwasher as well. The range has worked really well, but the dishwasher had problems when it was first originally shipped. The team with Viking came in and had to replace two parts, but for a brand-new appliance having two new different parts, having someone come in was not something I expected. In the future, I would stick with the actual cookware and not the auxiliary accessories.

I have the standard range and stovetop, but it's built well. Everything on it is really strong and really sturdy like it would be lasting a long time. I don't worry about if it's gonna break if I move to someplace I'm gonna have to be of if I'm gonna end up replacing it in the next five years. On top of that, I really like the timeless design, where it won't go out of style if I switch from plain marble to black marble. It's not something I'm gonna have to replace.

Viking Ranges Company Information