Get a Free Quote
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.60/5

Recognized for their exceptional products, Viking provides free standing ranges, range tops, ovens, refrigeration of all kinds, and much more. They have re-engineered their products and they are better than ever. You can now own these products that were previously available only in commercial kitchens. Since partnering with The Middleby Corporation over two years ago, they’ve shifted their culture to ensure their products, quality, and service are the best out there. With numerous products to choose from, you’ll find exactly what you’ve been looking for.

Viking Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Viking Ranges Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: June 23, 2019

I purchased a new Viking refrigerator model number vcff036ss in 2007. I need a replacement part, 021881‑000, which is the control panel, as the refrigerator won’t turn on. Viking has had the part on back order for 5 months, essentially obsoleting my very expensive refrigerator after 11 years. Why would anyone take that risk?

Viking Ranges response

Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We deeply apologize for ALL areas of concern. After careful review, this has been forwarded to our escalation team-a team specialist will reach out to you within 7 business days.

Original review: June 23, 2019

We've had our Viking for years now since we renovated our kitchen. I love the look of it as well as the induction cooktop. It is incredible. But in the last year, we spent thousands of dollars on getting both the panels of our induction cooktops replaced. The guy that I called at Viking was awesome and he helped get it through. That one was covered under warranty. But there was a stocktake that happened right before Thanksgiving and Viking shut down for it. That meant that parts didn’t ship for weeks and weeks. Who shuts down a cooking warehouse for stocktake the week before Thanksgiving? It’s the most important food holiday in the entire country. What kind of management decision was that? It was insane. We didn’t get the part for our range until after Thanksgiving. We got the first side fixed just before Christmas.

And then about three months ago, the other one went out and. That wasn’t under warranty anymore and that cost us over $1,300. The same thing happened with the part too. The guy gave the part but Viking sent the wrong one. The guy came and installed it, but it didn’t work. He then got another part. It came back and it still wasn’t working. He finally figured out that time that they sent the wrong part. The guy came back a third time. It was like a complete saga. I had to be home four times to get the second side fixed.

Viking range is incredibly expensive. We probably could’ve bought a range for a third of the price. I expected this thing to last for 30 years and not have a problem with it. But since these induction panels started going out, it had been a nightmare. The other one that was replaced under warranty the other day is doing something funky. We have to keep an eye on it because it has a 12-month warranty on it. Also, my understanding from the text is that there are only a couple of companies in the world that make induction boards. Whatever products you buy, you’re basically getting the same induction board in there. And this one is the best. But it still seems like there are some issues with the technology. At this point in time, it’s been very disappointing overall. You don’t expect to pay for a top-of-the-line range to have to then deal with this repeatedly.

When the range is working, it’s wonderful. I love it! I just don’t love that it keeps breaking and it cost me a fortune to get it fixed. It is unacceptable. The interesting thing is the company we’ve been dealing, Appliance Pros, has been pretty great although it was frustrating having to call and be told that Viking was shut down or the part was not yet shipped. We felt bad for the guy who came and fixed the last issue we had. He made four visits for one repair that could have been done in two visits. I'm dissatisfied with Viking.

Viking Range LLC.

Original review: June 22, 2019

I've had issues with igniting my Viking stove. I've also had some gas smells from the oven. Still, Viking's reps were responsive and helpful. I had a good experience with their customer service.

Viking Ranges response

Our customers expect the very BEST and we work hard to ensure those expectations are met. Thank you for accepting nothing less; we appreciate YOU as a valued member of the Viking family.

Original review: June 20, 2019

I’ve owned Viking before, and I like the features they had on this particular model. It’s easy to purchase. But I've had to contact them multiple times. It’s a piece of garbage. It’s broken multiple times. We have a two oven model. The oven will go into self-cleaning mode and lock, even though we’re not trying to clean, we’re trying to cook. And it’ll take days to get the oven unlocked with food stuck in it. Ovens will just die because they won’t heat properly. We have the electric oven with the gas burners. And so, we’ve had failure to heat multiple times as well, with defective relays, defective elements. It’s also very hard to get a serviceperson to come. And when they come, they don't fix it. One problem has recurred and not been repaired several times, and then, I had another problem as well. They always try to charge me for the call, even though it was under warranty. I would never buy Viking again.

Viking Range LLC.

Original review: June 19, 2019

My parents had Vikings and I initially had a Thermador range. I had to cycle through four Thermador ranges in a year and I decided to switch to Viking because I knew it would be more reliable even though it didn’t have all the features that I wanted. It’s quality is good and solid. I like the burners, which put out a high BTU.

Viking Ranges response

This brings us great joy knowing the quality of our products meets our customer's expectation is in such high regard. Thank you for your comments.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking?

Original review: June 18, 2019

I ordered from Viking Ranges online and they held the appliances for us for six months since we were remodeling. It was delivered from Texas to Minnesota and it took five business days. My other commercial ovens have an all seamless steel top but this one has shiny black, which is harder to keep clean than the others. Still, we’re very happy with the quality of Viking Ranges.

Viking Ranges response

We are thrilled to hear Viking was able to help you to enjoy your new range; we appreciate our customers. Thank you.

Original review: June 11, 2019

We took delivery on the Viking Micro Hood in March (SVKM4Z5NT8-4 ordered under the name Michael B**). The first one arrived damaged and had to be sent back. The second one sent to us has a problem with the touch panel and will not draw exhaust and will only use high for the exhaust hood. We have contacted Ferguson who we purchased it from many times. They passed us onto Viking CS and it is still not fixed. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced with both Ferguson and Viking. This is our 5th Viking product purchase and we are beyond pissed off at this point. Someone needs to contact us.

Viking Ranges response

Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We deeply apologize for the issue you have experienced. We also see that Viking was able to ship a new microwave for you to correct the matter.

Original review: June 10, 2019

We love Viking and we've always wanted one due to their reputation. We've had two ranges thus far, one in Sag Harbor that's 10 years old and one bought more recently in Michigan. Our Viking ranges cook well and thus far, the grill on top has been our favorite feature. It's convenient in the wintertime when we can use it instead of going outside.

Viking Ranges response

This brings us great joy; knowing the quality of our products is in such high regard. Thank you for your comments.

Original review: June 9, 2019

My favorite feature of our Viking range is the griddle. However, it takes too long to preheat which I’m not happy about. But the team at the Viking dealer were excellent. They did a great job walking through every feature and its capabilities.

Viking Ranges response

We are pleased Viking was able to accommodate your personal preference. Your information is forward to a Viking escalation team specialist to contact you in regards to the preheating time on the griddle.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I was in a time crunch so I had to make a split-second decision, and I heard that Viking had pretty good reviews. This was the first range I got as a six-burner gas range and it was horrible. Whenever we would turn on the oven, it would make a loud banging noise like a gunshot in my house. The repairman came out and drilled holes in the bottom of my new unit. He said that would fix it because of the expansion of the heat heating up the metal. He did that and left, and afterwards it was worse than before. This was a $7,000 unit that was recommended by one of the Viking people.

We went back and forth with Viking and they sent out a new one. The new one came after a couple of weeks of arguing, and the top was all scratched. The black part of the iron grates was peeling off. I opened the door and the door was bent. There was a quarter-inch gap you could see on the installation inside. I finally had them take it back again and I tried getting my money back. They didn’t reimburse me the whole thing for some reason, so I lost $800 on the deal. I went with a whole new different range. I would not recommend them and I would never purchase another Viking product.

Viking Ranges response

Thank you for letting us know about your experience. Please accept our apologies for the issue you encountered with the Viking product. We also see that Viking was able to help resolve the matter with you.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I've owned a Viking range for exactly four years. It has better gas, and when I had it serviced one time, the experience was excellent. The technician that came out was dead on target, did his job well and I appreciated it. Given other service calls with other equipment, he was much better.

Viking Ranges response

It is refreshing to hear you are satisfied with your Viking range, thank you for being a loyal Viking customer.

Original review: June 5, 2019

Viking 5 Burner Range- DOA. Delivered Good Friday and attempted to do the burn in Saturday evening. After many attempts to get the over to heat, we had to give up and use our toaster oven for Easter dinner. Viking has NO weekend support. On Monday I called and they determined it was DOA. We also had a new Sub Zero installed that same Friday. I decided to call them to see if they had support. They did. We returned the Viking and purchased a much nicer and substantially more expensive Wolf. I will never consider Viking.

Original review: June 4, 2019

The sales cycle so OK, but nothing fantastic, through University Electric of Santa Clara. Organizing the installation could have been smoother. Also, the free units offered with the oven had terrible reviews so I declined them, but no alternative credit was available. Installation by GA Installations was very smooth. However, the small oven has not worked properly since installation. Getting a service visit took weeks, and failed to correct the problem.

Second visit is today, another several weeks later. Service guy said he had never seen our problem before, so either we have a uniquely bad unit or the service professional didn't know his stuff. If today's visit does not fix the issue, I expect the complete oven to be replaced. For a premium appliance, I did not expect anything like this. One more thing - my online registration wasn't visible to Viking when I called in the service request, even though I got an email confirming the registration. I just logged in to get the order info, and I still don't see it there. Feel free to call to discuss!!

Viking Ranges response

We are researching your case and will contact you in the next few days.

Original review: June 4, 2019

This is my first Viking Range. Granted, it’s one of the lower end models, but still not cheap. I was very disappointed with the incredibly loud vibration noise made by the convection oven. Repair/ motor and fan replacement was unsuccessful. Seems it’s the back vent that vibrates? Not the fan. Still can’t use when I have people over because it’s in my “open concept” kitchen. One knob had to be replaced because it stuck and I couldn’t easily turn off the burner. This all in the first month of use... not what I expected from Viking.

Viking Range LLC.

Original review: May 25, 2019

In retrospect, I wanted everything Viking. I bought a self-standing range, a big electric French door oven, and a fridge. The dealer was nice and my experience was very good. The features of the Viking Range were better. The power of the gas from the top range is terrific and I'm very happy with it. I also love the features of the oven, but I had some issues with the set. The doors didn't close well so they had to come back and close the doors, so I was partly happy with it. However, I'm not super satisfied with the brand new fridge. The ice machine was not working and they had to come back. For the price I've paid for it, I'm not happy with that. It's working okay now, but it took a while.

Viking Range LLC.

Original review: May 23, 2019

When I did my home over, I put in two huge Sub-Zeros, two huge, nice Vikings, Viking microwaves and everything. I was very happy except one of my Viking ovens was having issues from the beginning. I ended up having to put a few thousand dollars into it. I almost had a fire issue and it was just time to go. I wanted a new range. My husband said that they’re expensive and he’d get it for me. When it was my birthday, he asked me if I wanted a range or jewelry. I got a Viking range.

The first time I turned it on, the convection broiler wasn’t working. Every time I turned the oven on, it sounded like there was a train in the house for two hours while the stuff was cooking. It was just this loud, loud noise. I called right away for service. They sent someone down and he said he was gonna change a part. I told him I was not ready to change any parts. The last time I started changing parts, the oven broke on me. If I bought a refurbished piece, I have no problem for changing parts, but when I bought a brand new piece, I don’t wanna have to start dealing right away with parts that are changing. It was just not fair.

He started telling me, “Yeah, whatever.” When they came down again for service, he told me three new parts have to be changed. I called the company where I bought the stove from and told them, "I don’t want this range. And if it means paying more and getting a different model, I would like to do that." First they started telling me, “Maybe don’t take a Viking.” I said, “Yeah, but my other appliances are Viking. I want it to match. I’m ready to pay extra to get a higher model. I don’t care, but I don’t want this piece in my home. It’s causing problems. It could cause a fire. I don’t want it.”

I could barely walk as I just had a knee replacement. And this is what I’m doing in order to recover. I’m worrying that if the thing goes up in flames, I won’t be able to get out of my house. And altogether, I’m so pissed because this was my gift. I would’ve bought a refurbished piece. I put a brand new piece from day one. I called them before 30 days. I want it out and I want a new piece in my home. Even the people I bought it from at Drimmers said, “We’re calling, and we understand, and we see that you have bought, in the past, Vikings. We understand that you’re not trying anything. Let them take it back.” They were calling for me also and were not getting through to anyone. Vikings didn’t call them back.

I called Viking directly. They asked me why was I calling and not the person I bought it from. I said, “Because when they called, you guys told them that there’s nothing you could do. What does that mean, there’s nothing you could do? I bought a brand new piece.” I told them I would like to speak to the manager directly. They said she was not in and someone would call me back within the next 48 hours. I did not receive a call back even. I had to call back again to find out what was going on. Before I purchased my piece now, I would’ve recommended them, and that’s why I was purchasing it again. But right now, I wouldn’t recommend it just because I don’t know if I would want any of my friends to go through what I’m going through now. I’m very, very upset. I'm very dissatisfied.

Viking Ranges response

Original review: May 22, 2019

Everything with Viking range is beautiful and works great, but there’s a couple of things we’re concerned about, that aren’t working right. The racks in the oven are not lined up right. It’s very hard to move them in and out. It’s almost like they’re too narrow for the track, like they’re lopsided. It’s weird. And I got the microwave oven, the drawer one, to go with the stove and a part of it looks warped. But other than that, it’s perfect. I love it.

They were installed last end of July. I love how it performs and it’s very easy to clean. The only thing, the burner size itself is very broad, so some of my pots, the heat comes more to the side versus the center. I wish it was adjustable, like the circle for the burner where the gas comes out. I wish they were able to do some smaller and some bigger, depending on what pot size I had.

Viking Ranges response

Original review: May 21, 2019

Viking has always been one of the top brands to buy in status, quality and functionality. I’m 63-years-old and I’ve had Viking for 40 years. I just purchased a range for a second home, and I’m satisfied with the quality of the product. The whole package is good. The quality of the stainless steel and the knobs too. They also moved up to LED light, which is nice. I am a builder in Manhattan and I do some high-end residential and commercial work. I am not a cook but I recognize quality when I see and work with it. Viking is one of the brands that I would always recommend.

Viking Ranges response

At times it takes our breath away to hear how our customers remain so faithful to Viking. Thank you for placing your trust in the quality of our brand.

Original review: May 20, 2019

I had Viking for 20 years and on our last stove, we never had a problem. But this time, we had nothing but problems. We decided to put in the Viking range when we had a new house built and the first time we used the self-cleaning feature, all the boards were broken. Viking sent people for five months to fix it. They also had to take the range out then they sent in another range. But it was no good, too and the problem with that was you couldn’t bake without the griller coming on. So, we went through the holidays with no stove. And two days ago, they finally had people here to fix that and it’s finally working properly.

Other than that, their customer service people couldn’t have been nicer when I dealt with them and they were pleasant to work with. But the problem was the wait time. When we started with the problem with Viking, it was the day after Thanksgiving and it just got resolved two days ago. So, that’s seven months we went without a stove.

They didn’t even have people in our area that could come service the thing. In fact, when I first had an issue, I live in upstate New York and they tried to get a guy outta New York City but he wouldn’t come. Then they tried to get a guy outta Utica but he wouldn’t come either. And the clock was ticking, months were going by, and it was like we didn’t have a stove that we spent $15,000 on. They dragged their feet as far as getting us the part or getting somebody here. And the people above the reps I talked to would never follow through. When I asked them to call me and let me know any update, they said they would call me the next day. But two days would pass and I still didn't get a phone call.

In the end, they made it right, got a hold of a local company, and spent thousands of dollars worth of parts to fix the stove. Still, for in wife’s perspective, we didn’t buy a refurbished stove. So even though it’s fixed, it’s still not like you get it outta the box. They had somebody come in and put new fans, new controls, and new motherboards, and it’s almost like it’s been refurbished. I’ve worked on a lot of stuff over the years and once you take something apart, it never quite goes back together the same.

But Viking honored their warranty. The old stove that we had had a three-year warranty, which was a little disappointing on this stove now on which have a two-year full warranty. Still, the Viking ranges cook beautifully and they have nice features now with the racks that roll out and the ball bearing. One thing about stainless steel, it’s a pain in the butt. But they sent us a product called Thor which really cleans it up nicely.

Our Viking range is beautiful stove, well-built, and heavy-duty. But after everything, they didn't even send me something for my inconvenience. Not even a can of cleaner. Viking also told me that the problem is the self-cleaning and that they wouldn’t recommend you really use it. But why are they selling the stove with it? This all started when we used the self-cleaning, which we did when it was new and we were testing everything out. It blew the motherboards out and one thing led to another.

All in all, we got a lot of Viking appliances like the dishwasher, refrigerator, hood, and the wine beverage center. We’ve spent a lot of money on their products. But I wasn’t too happy with the stove in the last seven months and I would not buy another Viking stove again. I would neither tell my friends to spend $15,000 on a Viking stove, and have them call me up and say, “Geez, I bought this stove and I’m having the same problems you did.”

Viking Ranges response

Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We deeply apologize for ALL areas of concern. In careful review we're pleased, however, to see issues have been addressed with the unit being serviced. While we do not anticipate any further service, please reach out to Viking should the need arise. Thank you.

Original review: May 19, 2019

Over the years, I've seen Viking Ranges and I liked them. Their reputation made me want to purchase from them. I like my range but for the money, it's not knocking my socks off. I feel I could get the same type of quality or use out of something that wouldn’t have cost me as much. The range's door, which has been loose for a long time, could be improved. I’d also prefer if the rack didn’t have to be removed when cleaning the oven.

Viking Ranges response

Thank you for letting us know about your concerns regarding the Viking range. The door should not be loose; therefore, your information has been forwarded to the Viking East office and someone will be in contact with you. The heat is too intense in a commercial oven to leave the rack in; they will be damaged and discolor.

Original review: May 18, 2019

I love the quality of our Viking range. I like how adjustable the burners are, while my wife likes the oven. She does a lot of baking. She also likes the way the range looks, and thinks Viking ranges are of higher quality than others. Our experience has been good so far. So, I would recommend them.

Viking Ranges response

We are pleased Viking was able to accommodate your personal preferences; Thank you for allowing us the opportunity.

Original review: May 17, 2019

At first, we were thinking about Thermador, but the package that Viking offered with the microwave at the time coaxed us to go the Viking route so that we could have a Viking range and microwave. We're very happy with the range. It cooks phenomenally and bakes pretty evenly, which is really great. Plus, the way the dials light up at night looks pretty cool. But my favorite thing is the blue lights that light up under the lighting on the external part of the range.

Viking Ranges response

We are thrilled to hear Viking is helping you to enjoy your new kitchen, we appreciate our customers. Thank you

Original review: May 16, 2019

A friend of ours also had a Viking that we really liked the style of. We compared it against other ones in the showroom and generally liked the look of it better. We got a Viking range and dealt with MD Appliance in La Canada, California, and they were great. They were good at calling out the features and differences between them and the other top-of-the-line one that was like a Wolf.

There are also a couple of very small, little, kinda like nitpicky things I noticed with the range. When the burner is at a very low setting, almost like on the simmer setting, it has a flickering effect on the gas burner. Also it's not a smooth, sort of clean sounding burn when it’s up higher. So if I were to perfect the range, I would eliminate that kind of irritating flicker sound.

The burners themselves are very heavy, which is fine. But the metal bottom of the burners is very rough, and it’s not a finished metal. So unfortunately when our house cleaner was taking it off of there, she scratched some of the surface of the range which freaking killed us, because it was like the price of a car. I wished that there was either some of sort of powder coat or some kind of finish on the underside of the burner that would prevent that type of thing from happening. But other than that we're pleased with the quality and I have no problem recommending it.

Viking Ranges response

Thank you for your comments. As you continue to enjoy your unit, please take a little time to refer to the manual which will outline correct cleaning products and methods to maintain your unit. We want to ensure the appearance for years to come.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I liked Viking's products. The quality of the Viking Range is good. I like the top part of it - the burners and all that. The dealer was also good. I’d recommend Viking Range.

Thank you for allowing Viking into your home, we appreciate you as a customer.

Original review: May 14, 2019

We bought a Viking range, refrigerator, microwave, and dishwasher. We redid our entire kitchen, and we bought all-Viking appliances based on reputation. The stove has been great. The induction cooktop is fabulous but I'm not real convinced about convection oven yet. I don’t see the advantage of that being faster than normal cooking. But that could be that it’s relatively new to us, and we don’t know exactly how to use it yet. But I think we’re gonna be very happy with it. We actually have an electric stove because we don’t have gas in our area. But to see that you can boil water so quickly, the cooking has been incredible on the oven-top.

The customer service has been good as well. We waited a long time for a range. The people that we bought the appliances from didn’t know why it was in such a delay. So I just called Viking myself and the woman I spoke to was incredibly nice and told me that the issue was they were waiting for parts from Germany. We waited like a month for it. But that was nobody’s fault. It’s just the way it was.

The people that we bought it from, which was at Pacific Sales in Best Buy, have been pretty good. But the guy who installed our refrigerator worried me a little bit because he never heard of Viking. He never had installed Viking and he didn’t do it right. But the people that came out the second time were in and out of my house within 5 minutes because it was a very, very simple fix. The guy who did my dishwasher, oven, and microwave went to Viking training school, so he was very knowledgeable.

Viking Ranges response

It is refreshing to hear you are satisfied with your Viking units, thank you for expressing such loyalty.

Original review: May 13, 2019

We happened to get a very good deal on the Viking range that we saw. The quality is good. But we had a problem with the thermostat. It wasn't keeping temperature. So we had to have it replaced recently and we'll see if that will resolve the problem. Other than that, we had a very good experience with the team at the Viking dealer. We bought appliances from them before. They were knowledgeable, low pressure, and local.

Viking Ranges response

It is refreshing to hear you are satisfied with your Viking unit/s, thank you for expressing such loyalty.

Original review: May 12, 2019

I liked the reputation of Viking Ranges and the quality of the range that I got is great. It looks dynamite as well and it came with a free microwave. When we had an issue with the range, Viking sent somebody out to fix it. The interaction with the dealer was great and I had a good experience with Viking.

Viking Ranges response

As always, it warms our heart to know we've made life a little easier in our customer's lives. Thank you for placing the Viking brand in YOUR home.

Original review: May 11, 2019

The quality of the Viking Range is fantastic. I already have one and I wanted another one. I like the light above the knobs. It's pretty awesome. I don't have it on my old one, but we just got the new one. The customer service at the designer show has been really good, too. However, we have had a problem with the oven temperature. I've had a technician come out and it wasn't resolved the first time so I'm waiting for them to call me back and see if they can resolve the issue. It would also be nice if there was more information on troubleshooting oven temperature for owners, if that's possible, or just a little bit more explanation on how the ovens work and how they're a little quirky. Nevertheless, it's such a beautifully made stove. The racks didn't slide out. It's a great piece of equipment.

Viking Ranges response

We're overjoyed you've come to know why we work so hard. Thank you for your investment in the Viking brand, we truly appreciate you as our customer.

Original review: May 10, 2019

I was very happy with the quality of the Viking Range. I had a Viking gas range for probably 12 years, and this time, I went with a Viking induction range because my house didn’t have gas hooked up. I'm still trying to get accustomed to the induction range because it's different than gas. But I love the way that it's easy to clean. It looks great. The control knobs and everything are really sharp looking.

I would buy a Viking product again. However, I did not have good experiences with the dealers. I had been trying to buy a Viking range at least two months before I actually got to purchase it because I was already a Viking customer. Every place I went to said they were not doing Viking anymore. They said they were phasing it out. So, I was just kind of laid back and waited, and then I contacted Viking directly and tried to get information on my own. I finally went to Nebraska Furniture Mart, and they had given me the runaround the first time. The next time we went, I found somebody that would sell it to us, but they didn’t have much in stock. We had to buy just from a picture.

Viking Ranges response

Your efforts can't be measured in value, thank you for your dedication. We are beside ourselves to see such loyalty. Viking appreciates YOU 100%.

Original review: May 9, 2019

I liked Viking's brand equity and overall integrity. The registration was easy and the quality of the range is great. The grill is great too and so is the uniformity of cooking. We love the product and we're very happy with it. The entire kitchen is Viking - the microwave, dishwasher, range and refrigerator. Their functionality and style are also great. We had a small issue initially. We had a gas leak. They scheduled service which was a little further out than I wanted. Without me initiating it, they contacted another company and got them there even sooner. They were quick to send out a service tech and they rectified it. Overall, it’s a positive experience. Viking was very responsive and proactive.

Thank you for allowing Viking into your home, we appreciate you as a customer.

As always, it warms our hearts to know we've made life a little easier in our customer's lives.

Viking Ranges Company Information