3.80/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: March 27, 2018

10 Vermont Castings Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: March 27, 2018

Vermont Castings Gas Grill had great quality exterior and components, crappy interior. Firebox and Drip Tray disintegrated after only a few seasons of operation. Had those two items been produced of the same grade stainless steel as the exterior instead of that porcelain coated sheet metal this grills would last several lifetimes.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

WOW DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS SHAM COMPANY. We have had our LIFETIME warrantied Aspen since 1998 and the top cracked, called the dealer The Fireplace People in Berlin. They ordered it, agreed with me that they got it going, 2 weeks later they called back to tell me the Company that bought out Vermont Castings NO LONGER gives warranty replacements because of the year I bought it, WOW just WOW. Everyone I talked to on the phone there (I have recordings) was RUDE and one even HUNG up on me! This company is GARBAGE and nothing more! SCUMBAGS.

Get the news you need delivered right to you!

Join over 300,000 subscribers and receive the latest expert advice, consumer news, and recall notices in your inbox.

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

Expensive fireplace insert with no support. Got the runaround for 2 hours today, transferred calls etc. Told to talk to their "authorized repair center" but none of their centers will talk to me. The owner's manual is almost useless.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

My old Vermont Castings VM400XBP has provided faithful service for 15 years now. I got the notion to move up to a brand-new Traeger smoker/grill. What a mistake! I was so disappointed in the Traeger that I went back to my tired, careworn Vermont Castings grill. Feeling guilty, I thought I'd write a nice review on the old girl. This is a propane model manufactured in 2002, gives excellent heat, lights easily, and has a carefree grill. I hope she will forgive me for (almost) giving her up for another grill. I learned my lesson: A new grill isn't necessarily better! A high quality old grill like my Vermont Castings will probably outlive many of its owners!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2016

It's very efficient. It's easy to use. It's compatible, its works. I have not had any problems out if it. I will recommend it to everyone that I know. Everything worked perfectly. It doesn't rust. I like how durable it is. I like how it performs. I also like how it is was very inexpensive. It's nicely crafted. I think it's perfect. It's a perfect size. It's nice and sleek. I also like the wood finish on the handles. I love the color, I just think overall its perfectly created. It's sustainable, very durable. It's really sturdy, and very tough. I know that it will withstand the test of time. I look forward to not having to buy another grill for quite some time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vermont Castings?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2016

Very satisfied with the grill. Easy assembly and worked very well. Easy to light and a great price. I recommend this product very highly. Very easy to use. The price of the grill is well worth it. Great quality. Will last awhile to get your monies worth. I highly recommend you to purchase one. This grill looks very modern. It will look good in your yard. You will look like a pro and impress your friends with this grill, they will want to own one too. You will get many years of happy satisfied grilling out of it. It cleans out very easy and holds up to many uses. Keep it covered when not in use.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2016

The performance is great. It's a brand I would tell everyone about and it's an excellent product. I am happy and I have no problems with it. The value was great, I can't get a low price anywhere else and there is nothing like it. I'm extremely happy with it and I highly recommend to anyone. The appearance is so nice. I love the color, how it look and the shape of it. I would highly recommend it to all my friends and family. It's very durable and there is nothing like it. I would recommend the product it to all my friends and family all over the world and no one else beats it.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2016

Black with large hood and trays on each side. We just moved into a new home, we want a new super grill. It's a great cooker right up to this day. I've had other grills in the past. But this the best I have ever owned. The others stopped cooking on one side or both from time to time. And that's within two to three years. They needed to be replaced and that's real money.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2016

Rotisserie, top shelf, tower night light, and lighted controls, electric igniters. Replaced igniters after 6 years. Great for both direct and indirect cooking as well as Rotisserie cooking. Side burner is too hot even on the lowest setting and tends to get blown out by a breeze. Not able to simmer. We grill variety of foods: steak, fish, chicken, ribs, roasts, kabobs, burgers, and veggies. We like the versatility of being able to cook open on the grill, wrap in foil, use a grill plate.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2016

Highest grade stainless steel. Extremely heavy iron lid encased in beautiful stainless that closes over four grill zones. Two stainless shelves on sides of grill. Stainless shelf at bottom. Direct gas line to house. Hooks to attach tools. Optional stainless French doors. Floor model sale. Perfect appearance, outstanding quality, and unbelievable price! Easy push button start. No need to change out tanks, as grill uses natural gas line. This is the best, longest lasting grill we have ever had! It cooks beautifully and you can see and feel the quality. Easy start and large dials to control temperatures. It still looks brand new!

Vermont Castings Company Information