3.09/5

Compare Movers

United Movers Group

Established in 1992, United Movers Group is family owned and operated. Specializing in long distance moves, piano moves, packing/crating, antique moves, corporate relocations. This includes secured storage in our climate controlled storage facilities throughout the United States with pick up opportunities in every state except Hawaii and Alaska. United Movers Group is licensed and insured to give you peace of mind and the highest quality of service. With over 25 years of experience, whether your move is big or small, close by or far away, our moving staff will be happy to make your relocation a stress-free success. United Movers Group offers discounts to military veterans, senior citizens, and no extra charge for weekends or holidays. We are here to help. Give us a call today for your free moving estimate!

Compare Movers

32 United Movers Group Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 29, 2018

Moving from Florida to California: I got the name of this company (United Movers Group 20533 Biscayne Blvd #4723 Aventura Fl 33180) from this website. I called them in 4/2017. They gave were very nice and gave me an estimate. $2087.00 & I paid an advance of $277.50. On 6/19/17, a truck from Affordable Moving and Transportation (US DOT# **; MC# **) came and after packing charged me $14185. I paid 75% of it in cash. I paid $9958. They were supposed to deliver on 6/30/2017. I waited in vain. After calling repeatedly they called about delivering my luggage at the end of September. I had to buy all my basic household things to survive. On 9/25/17 a truck from MAP moving and storage (MC **; DOT **) drove in front of my apartment but refused to open the truck till I paid $3452, the balance. Then they unloaded ‘MY’ luggage. An estimated $12,000 of my luggage was missing and a lot of what they delivered was damaged.

I started calling and emailing them. In mid-October they sent me a claim form. I filled it up and was told it would take up to 3 months for a response. I am writing this on 3/28/2018, 5 months after that. Have emailed them twice. They have not responded yet. I don’t know what to do, how to be compensated for my damaged and missing luggage. What is worse is there were some things that belonged to my children, and some things had sentimental value which cannot be replaced. All I can do is to warn all customers from this moving company. If I could I sue, or take steps to close down this company.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

I contracted with this (what I now believe is an illegitimate company) in May of 2017 to move me from Massachusetts to Florida. I made the Grievous Mistake of giving them a check for a deposit instead of a credit card (which is insured and I would have gotten my money back had I used a credit card). The short of it is they NEVER ARRIVED to move me, I had to rent a U-Haul, pay folks at both ends to load and unload it, and drive it down myself. THEN I attempted to get my $700.00 deposit back. They LIED EVERY TIME I CALLED THEM and Refused to respond every time I sent a letter (both of these things I did A LOT over the months). They said they would send the check on the 15th of July; then the 15th of August; then September - No Check Ever Arrived. I reported them to the BBB; to the FMCSA (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration) and now to Consumer Affairs.

United Movers Group ONLY responded to the BBB. Their last communication to the BBB stated that they 'sent a check and that it was cashed'. I can prove by my bank statements that I Never received nor did I cash any such check. I asked the BBB to require United Movers Group to provided me with a copy of that canceled or cashed check and that was the last I ever heard from either organization. I went to a lawyer and paid him $200.00 to have a phone conversation with an Extremely Rude representative in order to request a copy of the canceled check. The representative from United Movers Group refused. My lawyer got a name and address and sent a written request for a copy of the cashed check and that request was ignored and NOT responded to after over a month.

My lawyer recently told me that if I wanted to sue the company, I would have to do it in the City and State where the company resided!!! This morning I called the FMCSA to get that information and was told "United Movers Group IS NO LONGER IN THEIR SYSTEM"! So That is how they do it? They rip people off then close up shop and disappear? Now, there Has to be a Person or Persons whose Names are connected to this scam-of-a-company. I would like to know those names. I would like to become part of a CLASS-ACTION-SUIT against them because I am Sure that I am not the only person that United Movers Group ripped off - stole from - in this fashion. Please tell me how to proceed with is. Please help us, the ripped-off-consumers legally go after these thieves and make them pay for their crimes.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

Cannot say all the bad things I want to say about this company. Pickup was late and they said it was my fault. They put my goods in a warehouse and would not deliver until I paid them. Almost all of my pieces of furniture were damaged and that is only on the items I received. There were many items lost along the way. I put together a ten page document stating everything they said with dates and who I spoke to. I sent pictures of all my damaged furniture. My claim was valued at $8,900. I called 2 months after the claim was sent certified mail and Walter, Claims Manager, verified that they received it. He told me they were working on it. I called today, three months after I sent documentation and got an answering service. He told me United Movers Group was no longer in business. The person who answered was just as rude as everyone at UMG! According to other reviews, I am not the only person who was ripped off by these con artists.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

Our complaint with United Movers Group started when we were given a quote of $7,700 with an estimate taken over the phone. I do acknowledge that we had far more items than originally stated to move. However, the total was not twice as much of the original quote. But, when it was all said and done our bill was $14,489. So, after discussing with United's "Sales force" we decided that a full semi would need to be reserved to guarantee a dedicated (not a shared load) move. The sales person did say the charge would be more than $14,000 but, they quickly assured me that if we did not use all the truck we would not have to pay for it. This was a complete LIE because the company refused to give us any kind of a discount for unused space. Our load was picked up and loaded into 2 - 28 foot trucks; neither truck was 100% full.

When our household goods finally were delivered the semi trailer was slightly less than 75% full. United Movers still refused to give us any type of discount even though 4 different United Movers sales people told us we would only pay for the space we used. Also, we were never given any total weight or space final statement from United Movers. United Movers is the most unprofessional and unethical company I have ever been associated with. Many times during our process I tried to get in contact with someone at United Movers and no one ever returned my phone calls or emails. I attempted to get a hold of United at least 30 times and was ignored. United Movers could care less about a family's schedule. We were given multiple dates on pickup and delivery with all of these dates coming and going with absolutely no communication. We had to call time after time to figure anything out.

I requested to speak to the owner of the company and was told, "The president of the company does not speak to customers". This is unbelievable to me! This is a public company who serves consumers and the leader of the organization will not speak to customers! That is nuts! Obviously this despicable person has a serious reason to hide. Our situation was we moved from Illinois to Indianapolis and we needed storage until we secured a new home. I asked United Movers for a physical address of the storage location to give to our insurance company to cover our goods while in storage. United Movers refused to give the address and would only say our stuff was in Indiana. Our goods were supposed to be in a secured and climate controlled environment. I highly doubt this was the case.

Finally we found a house and asked for our goods to be delivered on 6/15/2017. United said they get us delivered within 2 or 3 days of our date. But, our goods were not delivered until 6/27/2017. This was 9 days past our requested date. Of course no one from United called to explain anything or to even give us an update. I had to call repeatedly until I got answers and a new delivery date. When our items were delivered 11 different items were broken beyond use or just damaged. This included an upright piano that was dropped on its face right in front of us. We emailed a request to file a claim. The claim was filed on 8/3/2017 and was told by Walter, the customer service manager that the process could take up 120 days from the receipt of the claim. Today is 12/09/2017 (day 128) and we have not heard a word from United Movers about our claim.

So, the bottom line is that we were lied to about only paying for the space used on the trailer and want this money refunded to us. Also, we want compensation for the damaged goods. This company should have its DOT license revoked and never be allowed to mess with peoples lives ever again. Never use United Movers Group for anything, NEVER!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

These guys are thieves and liars. They stole $4900 from me. If you contract with these people you will be cheated and scammed. They provide no service. They are "Ghosts" in the wind and even the FBI can’t get to them. If you get Garret, Dana **, Joshe or "The Devil" Walter. You will be setting yourself up for misery and theft. Walter, the Manager is a "Devil". He refused to return my $4900 deposit. When I asked if it was necessary to take legal action he scoffed and laughed. He said they do this all the time to dumb ** like me and there is nothing I can do about it. He said he always wins. These people are evil devils that **.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Movers Group?

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Said it would be $3000 for my inventory. When driver shows up he says $8600??? He tried calling the owner and couldn't get ahold!!! They only accept money from your checking account!!! No credit cards!!! It seemed weird!!! Luke ** said "No it's a great deal!!!" That's why they want cash. Look at the reviews. So many BAD. Even they said they would return my money because driver left. Here is what she wrote!!!

"I will check with the accounting department for an update on your deposit. I am sure you will be notified once deposit has been returned. Never a penny of the $1400. Thanking you in advance!" It says binding estimate as long a inventory correct. The inventory was spot on but even one of the customer service guys that I recorded said that for that inventory that is a low cube square feet. Even saying on a call that I recorded that it was a low estimate money wise. This was after the drivers showed up. They said it would be $8600 with that same inventory. When they emailed they said they would let me know when refund would come.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I recently used United Movers to move from VA to WI. THIS WAS ONE OF THE WORST EXPERIENCES OF MY LIFE. The sales person (Garret) promised the best level of customer service, but, once the order was finalized he was unreachable. I was cornered in a situation where I had to pay around $6,500 OVER THE QUOTE PRICE. The salesperson, in spite my request, pushed for doing an online quote saying that United Movers has this world class software and by putting in the dimensions he will be able to provide me with a near accurate quote. I repeatedly emphasized that I have heavy wood furniture. I was told that my rate would unnecessarily go up if someone visits to give a quote.

On the day of the move, when most of my stuff was in and packed up or outside the truck, I was told that it would cost me $6,500 above the quote price. It was of course my fault that my stuff was heavy and that the salesperson had misquoted. Next day the lady from finance (Jenny **) was utterly disrespectful. The deal was to pay 33% a day before the movers come in (using credit card), 33% at the time of the move (via personal check) and remaining cash at the time of delivery. The moving supervisor (Randy **) asked me to give a check in the name of Superior Moving Systems and not United Movers. Later I found out that this was the company he recently came from.

Jenny called me the day after the move and said that she was providing me a 48 hour notice to arrange for the entire amount in the form of a postal order and only then will my stuff be delivered. I was told that my credit card was not swiped and my check will not be deposited. I spoke with her manager (Joseph) who was even ruder. He said that he wants payment in a form that you cannot stop, he wanted me to empathize with the fact that how inconvenient it gets for him when people stop the payment requiring him to then go to the hassle of going to the court. It was so obvious that the staff at United Movers understood the suffering and inconvenience they had caused me and how bad they treated me at every step of the way. Their fear of my stopping the payment was so high that they continued to harass me to the very end. Please do yourself a favor by not using United Movers.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I received a call from a male named "Marcia" from United Movers Group today. When asked if I was looking for a mover, I said "no." The guy then asked if a family member called them. I stated that I was the only person here. He then proceeded to be rude and call me a ** and a **. I would never use them at all given this conduct and hope no one would. This call came to me on 9-20-17 from ** at 6:38 p.m.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

Do not use this company. They are a fly by night company who is constantly moving their headquarter address from one empty building to another. I contracted them to move my belongings with a company name of United Movers Group based in Chicago, IL but even the police cannot locate the physical location of the company in any state. The only thing consistent is their phone number of 877-754-3574. They showed a 5 star rating by BBB and had no complaints per the BBB. They gave me a quote to move my items from Southern Illinois to Central Florida which I accepted and paid them a down payment of over $2700.00. The total "binding" quote for the move they gave me was $79**. I was guaranteed a delivery date within a week and the only thing that may delay the move would be an act of God and even then the maximum amount of time would be 14 business days after pickup.

They were given an exact inventory list of the items to be moved prior to providing the quote. After all our personal belongings were loaded on their truck, they told us that there was more space required and the price increased to $11875.00. When I argued about the difference he said that if I didn't pay 1/2 of the remaining amount due of $41** in cash immediately that they would drive off with all our belongings and place it all in storage until the entire balance was paid. As there were 5 burly, (4 of which were non-english speaking) movers who posed a physical threat to me, I gave them the $41** they asked for.

They also had me sign at that time a new bill of lading for service and a revised written contract from the company with illegible fine print that not only changed all the original contract terms but also had a completely different address for the company in Aventura, FL. Being upset about the substantial price change for the move (total of $79** to $10,9**) I failed to notice all the contract and company location changes.

I was told my items would be delivered within 14 business days under any condition and now it has been over a month and a half and nothing has been delivered. Speaking to the company has done no good in obtaining my belongings. The response is different every time and they stated they have no time limit to deliver the items as everything was placed in storage which allows for any delay period according to the new contract. I have contacted several police/sheriff departments, the DOT, the BBB, the state Attorney general and paid for a private attorney to investigate. In each case when the company is contacted by phone (a physical location cannot be found) a new story is given stating per the contract they are not bound to specific delivery dates.

Police departments have gone to several different locations across the country where the company states they are located and they are all vacant buildings so it appears all of our possessions that we have accumulated over our lives of over 60 years have been stolen. The only physical location listed anywhere for the company is a lock box at a UPS store in Southern Florida where they accept payments but not on a regular basis per the police department. They do have a "F" rating by the BBB in Florida. The company will not respond to the DOT or the Florida Attorney General or police departments. The FBI is also getting involved in this matter as I have a contact there who is willing to assist.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! They have stolen everything, including a safe that contained investment certificates, jewelry, passports, legal documents, computer hard drives of all personal information etc. Not to mention irreplaceable items such as family pictures and significant personal items that would have no value to anyone else.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

Fantastic! I recently just had a full semi truck delivered to my house in Ohio and Wow! I am so impressed. Not only did they deliver when they said they would, but everything was in the same condition as when they packed and loaded all my belongings in Florida. The Moving crew on both ends were extremely professional and efficient. I would recommend United Movers Group to anyone who wants a stress free move. Thank you United Movers Group!

United Movers Group Company Information