United Movers Group

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I needed to move for work in Florida and needed a reliable moving company. I did some research online and came across United Movers Group. I booked with them and was very pleased with their services. Everyone was very professional and moved me within the window period that I requested. I recommend this company because not only I got a discount but I got my stuff in a timely manner.

If you want to know my opinion about United Movers Group, I would say, this is a well-organized company who knows to respect its customer's demand. They had excellent customer service. I was always in contact with their friendly agent. He was quite informative regarding the position of items. Other than the customer care agent, all staff I met was skilled, helpful and talented. They know how critical situation need to be handled. When they couldn't find solution on how to bring out the oversize couch through narrow and spiral staircase, they planned to solve with angling the item tightly straight from third floor to downstairs. I was astonished to see the furniture clean with no ripped or damage. Do I need to say anymore? But I am definitely able to write a long essay about their positive steps during my move. Precisely, the service was excellent and of course highly recommended.

I had a fantastic experience with United Movers! I moved my home and family from the Chicago suburbs to the Fort Lauderdale area. I had a hands free, stress free move, and my personal belongings were cared for properly and respectfully. I am pleased with my recent experience with united, and would confidently refer them to a friend or family member! Thanks again for a smooth transition to our new home!

I was moving from Michigan to Florida and was gonna go with Mayflower originally but my mom, who had moved with United Movers Group before, told me to check the company out. When I went online, there were some bad reviews and I was a little skeptical. I had moved before but the company I had used was extremely late. I called United Movers Group and liked the sales guy, James, very much. He was really nice and we connected. He was calling me all the time to see how I was doing. And then customer service called me. They introduced themselves, gave me an extension to call and every email that I sent, they answered, too.

United Movers Group explained everything to me like the rules of the road. The moving crew composed of four guys picked me up on time which was awesome and explained everything. The movers looked very professional, too, as they were wearing the United shirt. They walked around the house and told me that I had extra stuff because I had bought another couch so they added that to the inventory. They double-wrapped everything, I signed the bill of lading and they put everything on the truck which was clean. Also, I was the only load in the truck. They reserved the whole truck for my move because I had 2,300 cubes. It was a big move. My stuff was in storage for three weeks, even though they gave me a month, then they delivered my goods and it was good. I didn't even have to file a claim which extremely surprised me. It was a good experience overall and my cousin is gonna move with them next month so he most likely is gonna enjoy it.

I used these guys to move my dad from a tiny little town in North Florida called fort white to his new home outside of Seattle, 5k for the move but totally worth it. The drivers were super friendly and even stayed to have a drink with my dad after everything was all settled. Big shout out to Chris, he was the best guy for getting this handled for me.

This company has been the most horrific, ill-mannered, condescending experience I've ever had. Ever. I hired this company because they quoted a decent price, as I was trying to assist my mother in moving across the country. The original sales rep was kind, took a lot of time assisting me so we agreed to use their service. From here, it all went awry. Their moving guys were unprofessional, argumentative and overall unpleasant. Once they started loading, they stopped and said that the cubic footage was WAYYYY off from what Eric quoted me (As I gave him an accurate accounting of the furniture - which is what he said he was primarily concerned with) and that the cost would be nearly doubled. DOUBLE?

The sales department should be taught how to accurately calculate, within let's say 50 cubic feet. Their customer service was absolutely abhorrent, condescending, rude, and would yell over you when they spoke. Their management was nothing short of despicable and lacked any semblance of helping the situation. I will NEVER do business with them again and would highly DISCOURAGE anyone else from doing business with them either.

We were moving over state lines. So we got a full packing service where they packed everything. The moving coordinator went through everything that I was moving. He took a list of the items room by room, I had to give them every single thing. Then he sent me over a quote, which I printed out. I went to the room again and made sure everything was on it. Then sent it back to them. It went back and forth a couple of times. But there are a couple of things I forgot like my barbecue grill. Then we eventually got everything on the list and nailed it down to what I felt was comfortable as an accurate description of what it was I was moving. He stressed at how accurate that I had to be to make sure that there were no issues. The moving consultant was very good. United Movers Group was very efficient during the move. They did what they said they were going to do. I’ve had no issues from start to finish.

I was moving for a job and United Movers was excellent. The rep who called me knew a lot about the company and pretty much sold it to me. I looked into the moving alert scams and I was just looking for certain things to see if he was going to be able to pick up, and he hit them on the head. They gave me a good price, showed up on time, then pad-wrapped, shrink-wrapped, and bubble-wrapped everything. They did a whole bunch of different stuff that I didn't want to do myself, so it worked out. They had a truck in the area, so it was no issue and it was very convenient. They did my inventory right too. There were a couple of things I left off. I called in and they took care of it. The movers didn't have a big deal with it. They're very picky, but they're actually just accurate and very detailed with what they're supposed to move. The movers did a very good job and I'm satisfied. I already recommended United Movers Group to about four people.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Movers Group?

I needed to relocate for work. I got a bunch of quotes from different companies, which were bombarding me. United was the most professional, so I went with them. Their rep, Frank, was very informative and he told me how everything was going down, and it went the way he said it would. Also, I could get a hold of him anytime and the communication was good. The delivery guys were very professional and they came in uniform. They were on time, efficient and they knew what they were doing. I could not have done what those guys were doing. I had a great moving experience and I really appreciated everything they did. I will use them again and I have recommended them to my uncle already who might be moving down here as well.

I used United Movers Group when I moved back to Ohio. Work picked back up here, so I relocated. The coordinator, Chris, was very helpful in getting me all set up to move. I have no complaints at all. Everything was early, so it worked out very well. Overall, it was very timely and a great experience.

I submitted my information online somewhere and United Movers Group gave me a call. Their coordinator went over every detail with me and walked me through the process; what to expect, the move date, what was needed to be packed, what the movers’ responsibilities were and what my responsibilities were. Also, the moving crew was very efficient in the way that they wrapped up all the furniture with the blankets and they really handled my furniture well. They wrapped up everything quicker than I expected, which was good because I needed to be out of my house on a certain date. I would definitely use them again.

My wife got a better job, so we moved. The gentleman from United was pleasant, quick and very thorough with the inventory. I didn’t think things like brooms and vacuum cleaners were going to make a difference but he made sure he asked me about everything that I had that was going on the truck. I never would've thought to mention things like rakes and shovels. He said that everything affects it because they're under contract. He also kept in touch with me throughout the entire duration of the move. It wasn’t like I just called them and then I didn’t hear from him again. As we got closer to the move date, he made sure everything that I put on inventory list was still going and made sure there was nothing else I had to have.

In addition, the delivery guys were very efficient and made sure that they evenly wrapped everything in the house with a pad or some shrink wrap. We had the boxes packed already, so all they had to do was move the boxes but they got to load and unload it pretty quick. They were all polite, too. They were hungry so we got them pizza.

This was the second time I ever did long distance. The first time, the price ended up being almost double. But with United, it was right on top. I ended up getting $150 back because we had a little bit less stuff than what we thought we were going to have or the size was less because the rep said everything that I had on the inventory list was on there. Some of the stuff was bigger than it really was so the cubic feet ended up a little bit less. I know they know I was happy with the move. My wife and I will give them a tip and I would recommend them to a friend or family member.

I had to move for personal reasons. I submitted a request online and United Movers Group gave me a call. They gave me a quote over the phone, and I just told them all the furniture that I have. The moving coordinators were very thorough, friendly, and answered all my questions. They asked me about anything possible. They asked me about the dimensions of my mattress. They even gave me free mattress covers and TV packs. They also did my glass tops for free. I was quoted almost five grand, and my price ended up to be lower. They did great. Even in the emails after I made the reservation deposit, they got back to me.

The moving crew was very nice. They loaded my stuff up very quickly. I was surprised that they got me out in three and a half hours. Legitimately, every single picture that they showed me online on how my furniture would look like, it literally looked like that. I have no complaints about United. They're the best movers I've ever dealt with. They didn’t lowball me. They gave me the worst case scenario up front. They protected all my vases. They're everything they said that they would be. I already recommended them to a friend who's going to be moving with them as well, and I would refer them to anybody.

I went from New Jersey to Florida. I had a lot of fragile items and asked United Movers Group if they would take care of the things as if it were their own. The gentleman that instructed me on how he was gonna move was very informative on how they were gonna take care of my belongings. I'm very appreciative of him for explaining everything in detail. I watched the crew work and they were very productive. Also, the guy that took my inventory explained how everything is done in cubes. It was absolutely perfect. They did exactly what they said they were gonna do. They charged me the same price and there was no hidden fee. Overall, I'm happy and completely satisfied with the result of the move. It's quick and easy.

I had a great experience with United Movers Group. The communication was always great. My rep was very informative. He explained everything to me perfectly, and everything that he told me was exactly how it went on the move day. He gave me his cell phone number, so I was always able to get a hold of him 24/7, which was nice because my wife was freaking out. The crew came, and they were early, which was even better. They were all in uniform, and very professional, and they did everything that my rep told me they were going to do. They had the loading, unloading, disassembly, reassembly, and the packing, too. They really took care of everything.

Our move was from Ohio to Chicago. So it wasn’t a huge distance but it was definitely a decent size move for me. I have four kids, and one of them is a newborn so I had a lot of stuff. Also, I have a 75-inch TV that needed special crating because it's extremely heavy, and they did a fantastic job with that. I just had my brother move out to California and I recommended them to him. He used them for his move, and he had a great experience.

I was inquiring online and I had come across United Movers Group. I went on various websites and I did a lot of shopping. I got calls from about 10 different movers. United Movers Group also had reached out to me. I've never done something like this before but I always do my due diligence whenever I'm spending a good amount of money. The person that I spoke with was very informative so I liked that. I spoke with two people there and one explained everything to me as far as how the process works. And between that and the driver that came out, it was a well overall experience. But, I didn't like how much expensive it was. I had a big move but I'm sure that it would've been like that with any company.

My move was from Florida to Los Angeles, California. My wife was there for the most part of the pickup. I relocated to work so when they came to drop everything off, I just dealt with the driver. He was the guy that I was coordinating with the whole time during the move. The other couple guys that were there were friendly but they didn't say much. They were just working. They're a very good company even with all the stuff that I had going on. I've also already referred them to another friend who is moving out here.

United Movers Group Company Profile