Treasure Garden Umbrella

Compare Lawn & Garden

Research top Lawn & Garden recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

It's one of the worst customer service experiences I've ever had. I purchased a $450 Treasure Garden market umbrella which snapped in half 8 days after I brought it home. When I went back to return it, I was told by the store's co-owner that they don't warranty the product and that I was basically out of luck. This was not mentioned at the time of purchase nor is it indicated anywhere on the receipt. I had to ask for the manufacturer's contact info to see if I could submit a claim directly. Instead, my claim was forwarded to the local Treasure Garden dealer who informed me that "Treasure Gardens warranty specifically states that acts of nature are not covered by their manufacturer's warranty."

As of April 23, 2010, I still have not received a copy of this warranty nor have I received any satisfactory resolution to my claim. Upon further investigation, I was able to find the same umbrella through for $149. Obviously, I was duped by a unscrupulous retailer whose outrageous markup practices lulled me into believing I was buying a higher quality product than I actually received, as well as a manufacturer whose warranty protects no one but their selves.

Treasure Garden Umbrella Company Profile