3.4/5 (42 ratings)

About Traeger Wood Fired Grills

Traeger Wood Fired Grills Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Traeger Wood Fired Grills?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Traeger Wood Fired Grills?

Original review: June 14, 2021

What more can you say about this unit except for this Grill is So very easy to use. Set it to the desired temperature and let it do the work. It does not get any easier than that. 5 GOLD Stars for this one! The Bear in Arizona

Original review: June 4, 2021

Makes the best smoked ribs, fall of the bone. Any meat is great smoked. Different woods for different taste. Yum???. You don’t have to smoke meat. You can just barbecue anything you want. There are so many things you can cook on the Traeger. I use mine all year round, even in the wintertime with snow on the ground.

Get buying tips about Barbecue Grills delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 3, 2021

Love how we can control through Wi-Fi. I can bake cakes, cornbread, you name it. I can also smoke meats with ease, the different pellets gives the meat piece of flavorful meat. Without the pellets you can use it as an oven to bake.

Original review: May 31, 2021

My brother has that grill and is very happy with it. He showed me how to use it. Love the way it operates, how it works I mean and wish I could afford one like that myself but I’ll just have to go to his house to use it when I need to.

Original review: May 30, 2021

The shape allows for proper circular smoking needs to help not only cook but increase flavoring from wood and chips as well as gas. The gas lines are in a convenient location to help cook evenly. Overall the grill is easy to clean depending upon cooking ingredients being used.

Original review: May 17, 2022

I open the box and turned it on for the first time and got an error message a $4000.00 grill and it did not work. The part will take a week and I have to install it. They did not offer me anything for my trouble. Why would anyone pay $4,000.00 on a grill. I was on hold for over 1 hour. Very poor service.

Original review: March 29, 2022

RED FLAG!!! No accountability from company on flawed powder coating, no support after the sale. Bought my Traeger in September 2021, top of the line Timberline 850 for about $2k. The grill sits under a cover awning, is cleaned/wiped after every use, and is covered with Traeger Cover. After 6-7 months of ownership, on the back of the grill/barrel in 3 areas, the powder coating is chipping. The customer service team is saying it is from grease build up, but the grill has only been used 15-20 times, and when I wiped the area in the back left, it was just pellet dust. No large amount of grease build up. I asked for a plan of action, they said as a "courtesy" they will send me a new "backpack," which is the detachable panel on the back, not the area that has the powder coating chipping.

The true issue is not being addressed appropriately, and Traeger is not standing behind their "TOP OF THE LINE," product. I looked forward to owning this $2k grill for 15-20 years, but if the powder coating is already chipping off, next comes the rusting. When you buy a top of line product, especially from Traeger with all their "great warranties," they advertise. You would expect the company to stand behind their product, and understand when there is a manufacturing flaw, and to do the right thing for the customer. I do not recommend Traeger, if they aren't going to do the right thing with their top of the line products, just wonder how you will be treated on a more basic line. I have been in manufacturing/retail for 10 years, I would avoid this company at all costs, great product, but a product is only as good as the company that stands behind it.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

I had an issue with my 885 Ironwood smoker. Anita walked me through the issue and answered all of my questions and order parts to fix the issue. I wish more companies had customer service like Traeger.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2021

First of all, I LOVE this grill. Customer service is another story. I hate to be somebody to complain, but about 5 months after having my grill the paint started to peel off of it when I was making wings. I figured this wouldn't be an issue given the great reviews I read. The wings took 40 mins to make and while on the phone with customer service, I was told the paint was peeling off of the side and underneath the grill due to a grease fire after sending pictures of my grill. How is that possible? My deck would have caught on fire if that were the case. They then told me they could send me new parts and recommended a good spray paint that would be good to cover up the peeling paint. What a Joke - to think how many times I've shared this grill with my friends. I will not be spreading the good word any more, companies that charge 1,000 for a grill should stand by the warranty.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

Don't buy this garbage. Customer service (HAHA) does not have a clue as how to fix issues. They just throw parts at it that take a week to get and then it doesn't solve the problem of a bad design. They produce a terrible product and I am returning it to the retailer.

Traeger Wood Fired Grills Company Information