Traeger Wood Fired Grills

Compare Barbecue Grills

Research top Barbecue Grills recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

If I could give negative stars I would. My original barrel was busted. I called for a replacement under warranty. They said to damage it more to get a new barrel. I said no, finally they send me a new barrel. The new barrel had a deep big dent in it (not from shipping) I mean a serious dent. I called, emailed, for almost a month no response from anyone! I finally get through to a manager and had 0 remorse to how they handled the situation. They even admitted they dropped the ball and just offered to send another barrel.

Everyday for a month emailing them and no response!!! Just saying I'm on a list for them to get back to me. I paid over 1000$ for the grill, then another $500 for the tray, cover & utensils. They have the worst customer service I've ever dealt with. Jamie the manager, Gary (never called back even when they said he would) Celia just completely ignored me. It took a regular employee Kareem to finally help me out. This is the worst place and even worse Managers! I would never recommend this grill coz of them. I cannot believe how rude & unprofessional they are. Buy at your own risk. And on top of it all, doesn't get hotter than 419 degrees even though they state it gets hotter.

I purchased a Traeger Grill from a demonstration which we saw at Costco. Happy Father’s Day Honey! My son and I assembled it. We used it three times and while the food was good the grill never obtained the temperature the salesman stated it would 450 degrees, and a lot of the recipes in the Traeger book requires. I had called customer service and they gave me some suggestions but none of them achieved the 450-degree temperature that was sold to us. I called today a second time and was told that there are many variables such as outside temperature etc. When I told the representative, we were in Las Vegas and the temperature was 115 degrees she then stated that the wind would cool off the grill. What a run around, and no satisfaction and no resolution except that your grill is functioning properly. Do more research before you spend $1000 on a Traeger grill. Not very happy at the moment.

I've had my second Traeger grill since 11/9/13. With about 6 months left on the 3 year warranty, trying to get the grill over 350 degrees was a struggle. Traeger did work with me as we changed out the controller twice and the heating element once. But the grill still has the same issues. I bought an oven thermometer to start comparing the internal temp to the digital display. After 3 tests the 450 degree setting displayed 412 on the digital readout with the internal temp actually being 450. However it took about 45 minutes to reach that temperature (that's a lot of pellets). Setting the temp at 375 produced an internal temp of near 400.

Ok so I figured I can use these settings now and be on my way. Nope. Next two times, setting the controller to 450, the digital temp would only reach 360-370 with the internal temp reaching just below 400. I cracked open the lid about a 1/2 inch to draw more air thru but that made little difference. I did pull the fan and used WD40 on it just to be sure it was generating enough air. The cap on the smoke stack is all the way open. Frustrating. I did find that Hickory or Mesquite pellets are needed (at least in this grill) to get the temp past 350. The mix of pellets sold at Costco will not burn hot enough. My wife has grown weary my complaining and just wants to purchase a new Traeger. But my fear is having the same type of issue once the warranty runs out.

We purchased the Traeger Grill model 075 with the powder coating bronze paint. Big mistake. We found out after we purchased it that they are no longer made in the Oregon but are made overseas. We had to assemble the grill which was not a good experience only to find out after it was all assembled that we had many defective parts. We contacted them to get replacements and they sent them out. We replaced a hot rod, thermostat, auger drive motor and induction fan. They should have sent us a fully assembled new grill but they didn't. So at this point we owned an overpriced POS that we were unable to use for about the first year we owned it.

A few years later all the powder coating started to bubble and peel off of the lid and hopper cover. We called and they sent out replacements. I few years later the powder coating is doing the same thing. I called customer service and tell them it's happening again and they tell me it's out of warranty. They only have a 3 year warranty on them and that if I want them replaced I needed to place an order and pay them $ 193.00. No way in hell will I replace the defective parts because they are selling garbage.

So next time I'm in Costco and the Traeger salesman asks me to take a look at their grills I will let the whole store know what I think of the product they are selling. After I got off the phone with Traeger's customer service, I got on the phone with Weber's customer service department and ordered a replacement burner for my 24 year old good quality Weber gas BBQ and will be using the Weber from now on. Save yourself time and money and purchase any grill but a Traeger.

Last week my new Traeger grill was delivered. After assembly I seasoned the grill as required by the owners manual. When that process was completed a LARGE portion of the paint come off the bottom and blistered a large area. Also the heat shield was warped. I called the service department and was told to send photos to the service e-mail account, which I did. I received a message back telling me I would hear back from them in about one business day. After waiting 5 days I called to find out what the resolution would be. The customer service department told me they would send a new heat shield and a new Barrel. This would require me to completely remanufacture the grill. What they should have done is offered to send me a replacement (new) grill.

When I said their resolution was unsatisfactory I told them to pick it up. They then told me to go buy a large box and put the grill in it and they would have UPS pick it up. I have no idea where I will find a box large enough or strong enough to ship it back to them. They should have offered to send me a box to ship it back to them. I am sure that they have many satisfied customers but I am not one of them. Their customer service leaves a lot to be desired. I hope they read this message and treat other customers better.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Traeger Wood Fired Grills?

The heating in the system is excellent and very well dispersed throughout the chamber. I get better performance than I have out of any of the others I've owned. For the quality that it is, you are really getting a great value. It's robust and feels like a much more expensive one. I have yet to see this with any other systems. It has a sleek powder coated outside, which feels very sturdy. I don't think you would have to worry about scratching for a while unless you really hit it hard. This whole thing feels really robust and is manufactured from some very high quality materials. You can feel the quality when you first open it up.

The performance is really great and overall easy to use. I just throw some hamburgers on the grill and takes a couple minutes on each side. It's honestly the best grill I've ever had. The value is perfect. It was very cheap and it's one of the best grills I've ever got. It's very much worth the value and I'm really happy. The appearance is sleek and modern looking and doesn't look bad at all. I can keep it outside without worrying about the neighbors thinking it's ugly. I've been grilling on this grill for months and months and nothing is wrong with it. it still looks brand new. Even when I do a lot of cleaning to it, it stays the same. The durability is great.

The performance of the grill works great and it is easy to use. It is very user friendly and I am satisfied with my purchase. It lights easy and cooks great. For the money that I spent on the item, I would say that the value of the grill is decent. I would purchase another grill from this company. For the money that I spent the appearance is fairly decent. I doesn't look cheap. I love this purchase and will buy another one if needed. The durability of the grill is great. I have forgotten to bring it inside when it has rained and I have not had to worry about rust starting on it.

We are very happy with the product. It does a nice job. I would recommend this product to friends and family. We love to cook so for us it's a very nice feature to have in our home. The value was good. We spend about $100 and felt that that was a good price. We've had no issues with it and think we made a good deal. It looks very nice in our home. It's stylish and unique. I'm happy with the color and design. It brings character to our home. I would recommend this model. It's very durable. We have a four-year-old and a one-year-old who are always playing with toys and running around knocking into things. This has held up well.

The product enriched my food experience phenomenally. It blended with my food to make my food flavorful and distinctive. I love the product and the way it enhances my food. It is a huge value to me because there is no other product like this product out there on the market that enhances food the way this product does. I am happy that I came across this product.

The product has a satisfying appealing to it. Unique packaging and eye-catching when you're looking through the aisles. Caught my attention immediately and I highly recommend trying the product out. The product is very durable. Great asset to have when you want something that will always retain the same taste every time you try the product.

The Traeger brand is very useful because the grill is perfect for bbq's and it performs very well and seems like it lasts very long and I also prefer this grill brand because it is very high quality so I think I will have this type of grill brand forever and be a loyal consumer of this product. The value of the Traeger grill is very good and I think the value is outstanding because it performs well under pressure therefore it is a very high quality and high efficient grill to use to cook anything you want. The Traeger grill is large and made of steel it looks like a robot almost. The Traeger grill looks like a high tech gadget used to cook any type of grilled meal you want to satisfy your guests. The durability of this Traeger grill is amazingly outstanding and very very very good and well because I use this grill at home and there shows no sign of weakness or breakage or damage.

It worked really nicely and it is worth the price. I had no problems. It was fast and we had a lot of fun cooking on it. I really enjoyed it. I would recommend it to all. It worth all the money I paid for it. I would of paid more for it. We had a lot of good cooks. The appearance was really good because I like the color of it and it matches my patios. The durability was good.

It costs 700. Good looking with two racks. Healthier cooking with pellets: doesn't require constant monitoring; can smoke, roast, bake, etc. I have it for 2 years. Excellent. This is the most amazing grill! I wouldn't trade it for any other! Cooks everything to perfection if you follow the instructions! Easy to use! Great customer service from company.

Sawhorse cart style features a side bar for stability. Constructed of cold rolled, powder coated steel for durability. Digital Pro controller keeps the preset temperature within +/- 15 degrees Fahrenheit for precision cooking. Dual probe meat thermometers allow you to grill different cuts of meat to different temperatures. Large capacity hopper (18 pounds) features a clean out for quickly changing smoke flavors. Excellent, smokes great. Makes the best ribs and chicken.

Traeger Wood Fired Grills Company Profile