2. Homeowners
  3. Barbecue Grills

3.6/5 (40 ratings)

About Traeger Wood Fired Grills

Traeger Wood Fired Grills Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Traeger Wood Fired Grills?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Traeger Wood Fired Grills?

Original review: June 14, 2021

What more can you say about this unit except for this Grill is So very easy to use. Set it to the desired temperature and let it do the work. It does not get any easier than that. 5 GOLD Stars for this one! The Bear in Arizona

Original review: June 4, 2021

Makes the best smoked ribs, fall of the bone. Any meat is great smoked. Different woods for different taste. Yum???. You don’t have to smoke meat. You can just barbecue anything you want. There are so many things you can cook on the Traeger. I use mine all year round, even in the wintertime with snow on the ground.

Get buying tips about Barbecue Grills delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 3, 2021

Love how we can control through Wi-Fi. I can bake cakes, cornbread, you name it. I can also smoke meats with ease, the different pellets gives the meat piece of flavorful meat. Without the pellets you can use it as an oven to bake.

Original review: May 31, 2021

My brother has that grill and is very happy with it. He showed me how to use it. Love the way it operates, how it works I mean and wish I could afford one like that myself but I’ll just have to go to his house to use it when I need to.

Original review: May 30, 2021

The shape allows for proper circular smoking needs to help not only cook but increase flavoring from wood and chips as well as gas. The gas lines are in a convenient location to help cook evenly. Overall the grill is easy to clean depending upon cooking ingredients being used.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

Don't buy this garbage. Customer service (HAHA) does not have a clue as how to fix issues. They just throw parts at it that take a week to get and then it doesn't solve the problem of a bad design. They produce a terrible product and I am returning it to the retailer.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

Have used twice and every internal part is being replaced. On the lowest setting, the heat will go over 400. Great idea, small, compact, and perfect for a couple. Now, if it would work. I would send back, but received as a gift and Traeger won't take it back.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

We recently purchased a Traeger grill from Costco and were excited to try it as we'd heard some good reviews from friends. First of all, it wasn't the easiest unit to assemble, instructions could have been written better. Prepped the grill as instructed and followed instructions for the 'Chicken Challenge' for our first cooking attempt. Took longer than instructions said and had to finish cooking the drumsticks in microwave since they were not 165 degrees after letting the chicken rest (also as directed). Flavor just so-so with a 'not-worth-it' end result; cutting up a whole cooked chicken is a greasy mess and takes some effort. Now after reading all these 1 and 2 stars reviews, we will give it another couple of tries with different foods, but predict it will be returned to Costco (another inconvenience since it's one of the larger models - heavy and it will not fit in to our SUV unless we take it apart).

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

I purchased a mid level grill three weeks ago. I’ve cooked steaks, ribs and chicken and everything I’ve grilled has come out under cooked. I have followed the recipes in the app to the letter. I cooked two racks of baby back ribs for 6 hours… They were tough and way under cooked. For 6 hours!.. This is not a grill, it is at best a smoker. Otherwise it is a low powered convection oven. I’ve been grilling since I was a kid, so I’m not a novice at 57 y/o. If there’s a money back guarantee I’d like to take… Nowhere near the performance and outcomes for something so expensive.

Original review: June 28, 2021

I've had my Traegar for more than 2 years and it has been a frustrating experience. About every other time I use it, it starts fine, heats up fine, but after about 10 minutes (?) (with my meal halfway cooked), stops, and won't restart. When I take it apart, I find that pellets have disintegrated into sawdust and have clogged the augur. I have to clean it out and reload pellets. I've spoken with the company multiple times and, of course, they think I'm using some other pellets than their own, but I'm not.

Traeger Wood Fired Grills Company Information