2. Homeowners
  3. Barbecue Grills

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.36/5

Traeger Wood Fired Grills Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Traeger Wood Fired Grills?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Traeger Wood Fired Grills?

Original review: July 1, 2020

I own a Traeger pellet grill; the "tailgater." It smokes the meat, cooks it to perfection, and cleans up quick. I have been grilling for over 40 years and have owned and used every type of grill and a Traeger pellet grill is the best!

Original review: June 26, 2020

We almost settled for a cheaper version of the pellet grill and are so glad we did not. We grill almost every night. The food taste out of this world and the grill makes it so easy with the controls. We love our grill and would buy it all over again!!!

Get buying tips about Barbecue Grills delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 20, 2020

We absolutely LOVE our Traeger! I got it for my husband on his birthday four years ago. It is extremely versatile, allowing us to perform just about any cooking technique you can think of! Smoking, searing, BBQing, shish kabobs, desserts, veggies, you name it! Having the added flavor of smoking makes meat taste absolutely amazing! I highly recommend this product to anyone who enjoys BBQing or enjoying very flavorful food!

Original review: June 14, 2020

For years, we had used propane grills and I had so many problems from flare-ups to running out of propane, and faulty starters. After watching an infomercial for Traeger Grills, I ordered one and couldn't be happier with it! Simple to operate, just plug in and turn a switch. No more flare-ups, the food tastes great and cleaning it out isn't a terrible job. My only downside is running out of pellets midway through grilling, but that's my own fault.

Original review: April 1, 2021

I purchased a new Traeger grill a couple of months ago. I have had issues with it since the first time using it. Customer service acts like that want to help but it seems like a run around to get you off the phone. They sent me new parts which I paid out of pocket to have someone install. I have 3 special needs children. I am just trying to feed my family.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

Bought a Traeger 850, during the seasoning process I noticed the paint on the back of the grill was soft and bubbling off. After looking over the grill the outside bottom area had started to bubble and peeling. Contacted Traeger and they replaced the grill and had a new one in a week. Got the new one and after 5 cooks I noticed the paint peeling and bubbling like the previous grill. Contacted Traeger and was told that they can’t replace the grill because I used it five times. I talked with supervisor and supposedly corporate. Was told they would talk it over and call me back. I’m still waiting on that call back. Unexceptionable to spend 1800.00 and have the paint fall off. I’ve been through 2 grills in less than a month and Traeger is washing their hands off it.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2020

I'm used to using the Green Egg. I was convinced that the Traeger 850 would change my life in the grilling world. I was sadly disappointed however. After the 2nd use the grill's firing mechanism broke. So here I am, September 30th 2020, my son's birthday, with a 200$ brisket and no grill. Luckily my neighbour had a Green Egg for me to use but I had to cut the brisket into pieces.

So I phone customer service and ask them for a new piece. No problem they say. It'll be at my door 2-3 weeks later. It is now October 25th 2020. I have had to call in a couple more times. First time I call they said the piece was on backorder but should be out the next day. I phone the next day to see what's going on. "Sorry sir," they respond, "but we are again out of pieces and there won't be any until first week November." So for just over 2500$ I feel I've bought a lemon. Customer service is terrible and the wait on the replacement piece is way too long. With the wait I asked for some sort of compensation as this is now getting ridiculous for the amount of money I spent. They offer me 1 small tub of chicken rub....

Overall not happy with the product, communication, or customer service of this company whatsoever. Each day that goes by I tell anyone who asks that this is a subpar grill and that I suggest they buy a Kamado Joe or Green Egg which has never let me down grill wise. And now with the insult of the chicken rub I will be posting this review on as many websites as I can to make sure people know that this is a "buyer beware" product.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

I was initially impressed with the grill and its performance. Since that time I've had issues with the heat baffle becoming uneven. Traeger service department did replace it free of charge since it was still under warranty. 2 years into using the grill I discovered the digital temp reading was off by 50 degrees. I contacted their service department and they suggested I purchase yet another heat baffle at my expense. 2 baffles in 3 years is rather disappointing. Will I purchase or recommend this grill to someone, no. I think there are far better pellet smokers out there with better results and durability. Their service department is friendly but offered no real solutions to my problem.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

My Traeger grill caught on fire while using it. I had to put it out with an extinguisher. I had it for 1 year. I had cleaned it 4 times during that year well within the once every 20 hours the Traeger customer service rep recommended. I would estimate that I used the grill 40 hours total during the year. And only a couple times did I use it for smoking. Mostly just hamburgers, chicken breast, etc. They stated that it was a grease fire and it is not covered under warranty. This was after calling customer service 3 times with no response. So if you would rather spend more time cleaning your grill than actual grilling, get a Traeger. And if you do have issues, don’t expect good customer service.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

As a word of caution, don't waste your hard earned money on a Traeger 850 Timberline unit. Used mine three times and the side of the main cooking drum blistered and burned off the black outer-coating. Contacted Traeger customer service and their recommendation was that I scrape off the blistered paint and re-coat the grill myself. This, after spending over $1,800 directly from Traeger on the unit, left me with the impression that this company builds an inferior product and definitely doesn't provide a viable warranty in support of their brand.

Traeger Wood Fired Grills Company Information