2. Homeowners
  3. Barbecue Grills

Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.70/5

Traeger Wood Fired Grills Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Traeger Wood Fired Grills?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Traeger Wood Fired Grills?

Original review: July 1, 2020

I own a Traeger pellet grill; the "tailgater." It smokes the meat, cooks it to perfection, and cleans up quick. I have been grilling for over 40 years and have owned and used every type of grill and a Traeger pellet grill is the best!

Original review: June 26, 2020

We almost settled for a cheaper version of the pellet grill and are so glad we did not. We grill almost every night. The food taste out of this world and the grill makes it so easy with the controls. We love our grill and would buy it all over again!!!

Get buying tips about Barbecue Grills delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 20, 2020

We absolutely LOVE our Traeger! I got it for my husband on his birthday four years ago. It is extremely versatile, allowing us to perform just about any cooking technique you can think of! Smoking, searing, BBQing, shish kabobs, desserts, veggies, you name it! Having the added flavor of smoking makes meat taste absolutely amazing! I highly recommend this product to anyone who enjoys BBQing or enjoying very flavorful food!

Original review: June 14, 2020

For years, we had used propane grills and I had so many problems from flare-ups to running out of propane, and faulty starters. After watching an infomercial for Traeger Grills, I ordered one and couldn't be happier with it! Simple to operate, just plug in and turn a switch. No more flare-ups, the food tastes great and cleaning it out isn't a terrible job. My only downside is running out of pellets midway through grilling, but that's my own fault.

Original review: April 4, 2020

Many years ago, my uncle offered one to me for free. I didn't have a way to transport it, so I had to pass. Big mistake! I should have tried harder! This thing is amazing! Whether I am slow-cooking chicken for 2-1/2 hours, or putting fancy steaks on it, I can't go wrong. The heat is evenly distributed and I can count on the probe reading from one piece being the same for everything else. I was not looking for anything high tech at all, but the Wi-Fi with the app is frosting on the cake! This is well constructed. The crew that assembled it did a great job of tightening everything up perfectly! Thanks Traeger!

Original review: July 24, 2020

DO you know what is completely unacceptable? Your CUSTOMER SERVICE and PRODUCTS!!! Bought one back in APRIL. It was shipped dented and the lid wouldn't completely close, was promised a replacement barrel by MEMORIAL DAY but obviously that didn't happen either. Finally received my replace barrel and lid LAST WEEK and guess what IT IS DENTED!!!! Now just got off the phone with customer service and of course now they are BACK ORDERED ONCE AGAIN and my estimated date of shipping is SEPTEMBER!!! You know what completely sucks? Paying for and having a brand new grill that you can't use. Not to mention when I finally received my dented replacement last week I video chatted with customer service and she promised me they weren't backordered, once again a lie! Had to follow up today to find out about my estimated September date. Definitely will NEVER recommend your products to ANYONE after all this!!!

Original review: July 22, 2020

By far the worst experience I have ever had. It took me over 3 weeks to have our defective grill replaced. We were told 3 times a supervisor would call us back and no call. It took over 15 calls and 3-4 hours of hold time to finally get the grill exchanged. The guy was taking a little while during that process. I asked him "it's not on back order is it'? His response was, "No I am just setting everything up." This was on 7/11/2020. He told me it should ship in a few days. A week goes by and I called Traeger again. 7/18/2020. I told the lady I have not seen anything come through yet. She says to me "looking at it now and it will ship Wednesday". Great thanks. Monday they come to pick the old grill up without a text, call or email letting me know. OK well it's shipping Wednesday so that is OK.

Wednesday comes along and the first call I was on the phone for 55 minutes and got hung up on. Called back again and force them to put a "supervisor" on the phone. I explain him the situation he says it not in stock what can I do. They said it not in stock until August 9th. I say give me a different model or my money back. I said I would even take an Ironwood. He say, "That's really weird you are asking for a lower model." I said OK then give me the better model the 1600. He says, "I will have to call you back."

He calls me back and says, "We have 0 WiFi models," even though it shows on their website the bigger ironwood is available to purchase. He says, "I can not give you your money back either because the grill is used." OK so I have no grill and you won't give me my money back. It comes back in stock August 9th and originally it took 1 month to ship. So I have no grill and won't see one until the end of August or September. I will never buy from Traeger again and will not ever recommend them to anyone.

Original review: July 17, 2020

Don't even think about purchasing this grill. The paint peels off after a short time. I have had to replace multiple components several times over the years. I just purchased a new controller a little over a year and half ago. This is only the fourth one I have had to replace. And now I need another one. Their representative said they do not warranty replacement parts. I asked "So you mean I could purchase a new controller and a month later it can stop working and you won't warranty it?" She said that is correct. This is the worst smoker/company in the world. From now on every time I go into Costco and see their salesperson trying to sell these lousy grills I am going to tell the shoppers to stay away. It is JUNK!

Original review: July 17, 2020

We purchased this smoker from Costco in August 2018. It worked well at first and then trouble began. About 18 months after we bought it two things started to happen. First, the temperature fluctuations were significant, so significant that we had to quit using it. When I reported the issue to Traeger, they informed us that there is no repair techs that we could use, rather they sent us a new thermometer for the interior, but that took about 30 days to get here. We did install it just about a week ago, and thus far it is working well after just one use, The installation took about 2 hours, the control panel is hard to deal with and we had to take a side plate off, that was not in the instructions so it was pretty frustrating.

Secondly and more concerning is the rust that is now occurring. We have never left the smoker uncovered, yet our entire access lid is rusted. I notified the company of this and they consider that normal wear and tear. They will deal with it if it is reported within a month of the purchase, but we are well beyond that now, so we are on our own with a rusted smoker.

Additionally, our meat probe stopped working after 12 months and I asked for a replacement. Almost a year later they did send it to us, not one, but two probes. In the meantime I had ordered one from Amazon and it works well, but it only came in packs of two, ironically I now have 4 probes when I had none at one point. Buyer beware, the quality of the unit is suspect at best.

Original review: July 8, 2020

My Traeger 1300 has rusted after 30 days the satisfaction guarantee is a farce and custom service is just not there. I have sent multiple pictures multiple FaceTime calls and all the info is lost or the hold calls get dropped. This is a poor product with poor business.

Traeger Wood Fired Grills Company Information