Tractor Supply Co.

Compare Lawn & Garden

Research top Lawn & Garden recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Hardware Missing - I bought this grill guard (Dee Zee Grill Guard) because I was having trouble finding one to fit my 2016 Tundra. You couldn't beat the price at less than $250. The $75 freight was ridiculous but there was a $50 off coupon code on the website. It took about a year week to get to the store so that wasn't too bad. When I got it home it was pretty heavy duty and with a nice finish but the mounting hardware was missing. Called store and wasn't too happy that they wanted me to box it up and bring it back to reorder. What? Luckily I called the manufacturer and they reluctantly agreed to order the hardware kit. It's been about a week so when I get I'll see what it looks like on my truck. A good price deal but what a hassle.

Purchase review not approved - Why do companies only want our opinion when it fits their narrative? It cannot be published to the website, but... "Our staff has read your review and values your contribution even though it did not meet all our website guidelines. Thanks for sharing, and we hope to publish next time! Submit something new. Thanks again, Tractor Supply."

I ordered a Chainsaw and two other items online from Tractor Supply Co, totally $204.29, which they charged me that same day. Then, as they were preparing my items to be shipped they charged me two more times; once for $193.73 and then another for $53.02. THEY TOOK $451.04 OUT OF MY BANK (I purchased with my debit card) FOR A $204.29 order. I called Tractor Supply Co customer service about this and they said that this was their standard practice and that the other charges would eventually be removed sometime in the future. Meanwhile, my bank account is almost empty and this completely screwed up my weekend. I buy almost everything online and have never had an experience even similar to this with another company.

As of lately EVERY TIME I go to purchase food for our horses they don't have any. Have tried to change their diets to something they stock, and guess what? They don't have it when I need it. Am really upset because my horses need to eat. SPEND A LOT OF MONEY THERE when they have what I want to buy so just need to find a different place to purchase my horse food.

I was called about a rain check so I went to pick it up a couple days after and they sold it. I travel over a hour to get it. I had called the day before and was never told they no longer had it. Then I put in a complaint and get a call back just to hear "that happens". Are you kidding me. If it was a first come first serve then why have a rain check and a call "Your order is in." I had done a lot of shopping there, I am reconsidering that. At least at Lowe's and Home Depot when you have an order something they don't sell it out from under you.

Horrible customer service experience at Tractor Supply: Made a day trip out to Little Egg Harbor, NJ Tractor Supply branch as it's far from my home. This is the second time I've been there and received poor customer service. Today, I had to put back some items because I didn't have enough cash on me. Cashier immediately got really snippy and impatient making heavy breathing sounds like I was ruining her day. It took all about 3 minutes to rectify the situation and she made a mistake of mine seem twice as bad and embarrassing as people were standing behind me. THEN - she told ME to pick up and remove bag of pet feed that had to be taken off while she stood there staring at me with a angry look on her face.

If this wasn't enough, I asked her for help loading my $200 worth of items into my vehicle and the cashier next to her yells over to me, "No one can help you load your car, we're under staffed." I responded, "Ok, but how am I going to lift all these items I just purchased from you into my vehicle?" She responded with a super sneer at me, "Then you should have brought someone to help you!"

Wow. I've gone to Tractor Supply a few times and I get in and get out as they are so miserable working there and rushing around and barely get a nice comment out to customers. But today, this was the last straw. By the way, I had one of those metal carts and when I did roll into the parking lot, it was so heavy that it got stuck on an incline and wouldn't even make it to my vehicle! Thank God a man in the car next to me rushed over and asked me if I needed help.

If I didn't need those items so badly today due to having them as extras in case of the approaching storm, I would left the cart full of $200 of items and never gave Tractor Supply a penny for their products. I understand if you're under staffed but to be so nasty to customer that does need assistance is disrespectful and appalling. Tractor Supply will never have my business again. Check out Glassdoor website = employees reviews of Tractor Supply.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tractor Supply Co.?

I am writing to inform you of an incident that occurred at your store #1291 in Lebanon, MO. I will preface this by telling you that my husband and I have been shopping at this particular store since the day they opened in Lebanon. We have spent literally thousands of dollars there. We have a small cattle/horse farm and buy most of our supplies at Tractor Supply. On this particular visit, my husband went to purchase 23 cattle panels and a few other supplies. The total was $454.27. To pay for his purchase, my husband presented a check from our local US Bank account in this amount. The cashier, Tasheena, put his check in the register then informed him that the check was denied, Denial record # **. Incredulously, my husband called me immediately and asked that I contact US Bank to find out what the problem could possibly be since we have quite a large amount in this account.

I spoke with Stephanie at the Lebanon US Bank who checked our account and informed me that there was absolutely no reason for this check to be denied and that someone from Tractor Supply could call her to verify this. Meanwhile, my husband stood there, humiliated and embarrassed at the cash register, at a store that he visits almost weekly. I called him back to give him the information I received from the bank but he said he was told no one from Tractor Supply was permitted to call the bank and that there was nothing they could or would do for him. The assistant manager was called to assist my husband in calling the number on the denial record from Telecheck. He was told it was denied for "reason code 3, but we don't know what that means." He was very nice and apologetic, however my husband was very upset nonetheless, as you can well imagine.

My husband proceeded to pay with our debit card and left the store with his items. When I arrived home later that evening, I called Telecheck to find out what had happened. I spoke with a representative named Ashley at 5:02pm. Ashley informed me that Telecheck had been hired by Tractor Supply to screen their checks and that our check had been declined, NOT because there was insufficient funds, NOT because there was anything at all wrong with our account but because we had not used this method of payment at this store before! Angela then said "Maybe next time, write a check for a smaller amount and see if that will be accepted." Yes, she actually said those words to me. As I digested this information, I realized that there is something very, very wrong about this whole policy and procedure.

Had we been made aware of this policy put forth by Tractor Supply, this whole embarrassing situation could have been avoided. If the cashier could have made mention to my husband that if he had not previously used this method of payment, there could be a problem, this would have never happened. I find it hard to believe that a company as large as Tractor Supply has not informed or trained their employees in this procedure, since it is a policy put forth by the company itself. We are certainly not the only customers that this has happened to.

My husband is a very proud man, working two jobs almost all of his life to be able to have a good income and provide for his family. He is a retired, highly decorated, police Lieutenant who served his community for 20 years. For him to be humiliated in a public place, in front of neighbors and the Tractor Supply staff, is something I simply cannot and will not bear. I will not sit by and allow this to go without remedy. Where this goes from here will depend largely in your response. Thank you for your time and I anticipate a prompt response.

08/08/2016 - Tractor Supply, Moulton, AL has my still under warranty Bad Boy Lawn Mower since 7/21/16 and it's still sitting on their lot with no repairs at this time. I am unable to get any responsible help or believable answers to why it's not repaired. Meanwhile, my grass is higher than an elephant's eye. I call Bad Boy Home Office & they have no control over this "outlet type business". The only help offered was information on where to take it in another town. We have already hired someone with a trailer to deliver it to Moulton, now the expense to get it picked up & delivered to another place. Wow, the lessons one learns in their old age... Never, never buy anything from Tractor Supply. Their workers do not have a clue how to handle business!

I needed a barrel fan. I walked into TSC and found one by the checkout desk. It was marked down from $299 to $200. Thinking it was overstock, or end of season, I took off the tag and handed it to Jevon, who rang it up. As I was taking it to my business, I remembered that the receipt said $320. So when I got to my business, I called the store and had my worker plug it in. It hummed and didn't move. Surprised, I said "it's broken" to Jevon, who was the cashier. I also inquired about the overcharge. He apologized for the overcharge, but said that the fan was sold "as-is" because the tag said it had bad bearings, and there were some included with the fan. I know bad bearings when I see/hear them, but this was a bent fan blade.

The bearings WERE misaligned, but not defective. The fan blade was bent and twisted, so it was striking the front grill. I went back to TSC and asked for the manager. I said that since I had paid full price for the fan, I could return it, but she said that Jevon had made an "honest mistake". My receipt did not have any mention of "as-is" and the card with the markdown on it had that wording on the back of it. I never turned the card over, was never told about the defect or "as-is." So, I am filing a complaint with the BBB and will take whatever legal steps available to me to have this remedied. I have no illusion that calling the store manager's manager will help: she was likely trained by someone who has as little regard for customer service as she.

My daughter went to work for TSC in Cullman, Alabama. She kept telling us about how awful they were to her. We got to noticing things when we were in there. The manager and the assistant manager would be sitting in the break room cutting up and eating and our daughter would be getting slammed at the register and would ask for help couldn't get them to come help or even get a break or lunch. They would tell her she wasn't scheduled for a lunch and she would be working from 11-9. I have also seen them be rude to customers.

On the day that she quit (Friday 7-8-16), we bought a riding mower from them and was told it would be ready on Monday (7-11-16). We went Monday evening around 4:00 pm and was told it wasn't ready that it might be ready on Tuesday. We knew it was deliberate so we asked for a refund and the crabby lazy manager acted like he was doing us a favor by refunding our money. I will never go back to the Cullman store. I will go somewhere else or drive to a tractor supply in a different county but if tractor supply allows this in one store all of their stores are probably just as bad! They need to be boycotted!

I would have rated this no stars, however that's not an option. Where do I start... I would have never used this company (Ludwig Saw and Tools in Waco Tx) but the warranty package through tractor supply sent me to them, I should have known they were gonna be an issue because after the claim on the warranty was filed May 2nd they were suppose to call to set an appointment within 24 to 48 hours and they never did. I tried calling several times and got no return call. I called tractor supply back and asked for another company but they sent another email to them and I finally got a call from Ludwig Saw and tools in Waco TX. So May 7th they came out and picked up my Badboy lawnmower (I should have taken pics of my Lawnmower before) and this is when the problem starts.

1 week passes and I hear nothing so I call them and they state they haven't had a chance to look at my mower but I asked for a quote on some other work (oil change, sharpen the blades and replace the tires) they stated no problem they would call me back in a day or so. That never happened. 1 week goes by two weeks, three weeks and now I'm doing another follow up. They said the blade switch needs to be replaced, I say ok. They said they've ordered it and it should be in a few days, I then ask about the quote again and I am again told they would call later that day. I got no phone call. Now a month had passed so I call to follow up again and no answer for 3 days. I get worried I'm not even getting my mower back so I call tractor supply again and they try to call and get nothing.

4 days later and they say they've had phone issues and they still haven't worked on my lawnmower. They finally give me a quote and they were $100 more than the actual Badboy dealership so I say, "No thanks I just would like my mower back please." They said ok and 2 more weeks pass and I finally get a call saying they are gonna deliver my mower on Friday June 17th. That day comes and no mower. So I call and they give me another excuse and tell me it should be Monday now. So today June 20, I finally get my mower back with 3 cuts in my seating and they are claiming no responsibility for the damages. I read their reviews only after a month of them having my mower and I would have never used them. While they keep my lawnmower I had to pay someone to cut my property twice and it wasn't cheap. And now this three cuts, not wear and tear but actual cuts. So disappointing and dissatisfied.

Sent the pics to the actually Badboy dealership and their opinion is that someone extremely heavy just plopped down splitting the seats at the seams. Upset at Tractor Supply for sending me to them and not taking ownership for what this company has done to my lawnmower. I several times asked to them for someone different to look at my mower.. they insisted that I use this company in Waco TX. Now I'm stuck with damages. Shame on you Tractor Supply.

Prior to writing this review I did email Tractor Supply with my concerns and nobody followed up. Last year I purchased a ton of bird houses and yard art. Every last piece is now in the trash. They lasted not even the length of the summer. Very poorly constructed. Hundreds of dollars down the drain. I will continue using for bird food although even that not as much as I used to as more often than not I get the honor of purchasing not only the food but the bugs that are mixed in it. I would have preferred to handle this without writing the review but they wont return calls so my hands were tied. I don't have pics of everything but enough.

Bought two "Montmorency" cherry trees for Valentine's Day this spring (Griffin, Georgia). Here it is just after Easter and the main part of one tree died; only a very small sprout coming out the side of the rootstock base. I tried to take it back, I could not find the receipt but the labels were still intact and it clearly looked like a Tractor Supply plant. I started to mention it had been planted for a couple months, trying to indicate that it had been responsibly in the ground long enough to see clearly whether or not the tree would establish itself and carry on growing. She cut me off and silenced me without even listening to the situation because it's their policy to refuse returned merchandise after 30 days.

I'll say it again: it takes at least 30 days to know for sure if a plant is going to live or die! Plants are not just merchandise, they are living things. I vaguely wondered before why the shelves were a bit piled up with half dead plants. Now it's clear: quite possibly everyone in Griffin, except me, had learned to steer clear of those plants. My husband and I have both agreed to never again buy a living thing from Tractor Supply. We'll go somewhere we'll get a replacement within a year, whether we lose the receipt or not, because the manager recognizes us, their own plants and their own plant's needs and growth habits. That's how 9 out of 10 businesses who sell plants around here operate. Where a decision about authenticity will be made at the managers discretion, instead of a talking head spouting The Policy no matter what.

One last thing. That flashy huckster looking packaging on many of their plants is designed to distract from the fact there is no in-depth information about the specific variety of a species, and no six month to one year guarantee for the plant to live. That $25 cherry meant a lot to us, we are indigent and trying to be a little more self-contained by creating edible landscaping. Shame on you Tractor Supply. You just made it a little bit harder for a home to build lasting, significant wealth.

I was in the Morgantown, WV store the other day. My friend was with me. She needed to used the restroom so I told her where it was located. To make a long story short... as she was in there (lady is 75) the lights went out... completely black in this restroom. She got so scared she started screaming. I didn't hear her. I was up in front looking around. Finally she said a young man that worked there heard her and of course when he opened the door the lights came on. He said they were on a 15 min. Setting. She was so scared I'm surprised she didn't have a heartache. Who was the idiot behind a desk somewhere come up with this so called savings on electric. It sure wasn't thought out very well I'll tell you that..

There was a lady already in there when she went in so the time was being split between the two of them. So I'm wondering how often this happens to people... If she would have fell I would see a big law suit on that one... If this is necessary in your stores or someone just put this in this store... I don't know. But it is definitely not a good idea. You would think if this is something they feel necessary to use they would put a emergency light in there that would come on when the main lights go out. We told the clerk and the boy working there of course that thankfully heard her knows the problem. I suggest your top management look into this problem because it's very dangerous.

I have been shopping at the Lumberton, NC store from the first day the doors opened. I purchase all of my feed every two weeks there plus many other items they have. The manager is VERY rude and dismissive. He does not have the down home personality that Tractor Supply "claims" to stand for. He has an arrogance about him that is OBVIOUS just at sight. I do not know what duties Tractor Supply ask of their managers, but after visiting many other tractor supplies my guess is they expect a lot more than what this "manager" offers. EACH AND EVERY TIME I have walked in the door (EVERY TWO WEEKS) I am sure to find Mr. MANAGER leaning across the customer service desk texting on his cell phone, degrading employees as they work, or somewhere in the back unseen for hour or more. Yet he has remained the person over this establishment in our small tight-knit community.

I even reported on multiple occasions him chatting loudly about his receiver not being worth a damn, and if only all the employees were like him he would not be forced to hire a bunch of idiots. YES, THIS SO CALLED MANAGER SAID THIS!!! Not only did he say this he said in front of several of the "idiots" he hired to work in "HIS STORE". He also laughed as he talked about the witch face he hates to see coming in the front door better known as corporate whom goes by the name of Danny.

I have lived in this town my entire 67 years of life and anyone that was raised here (which he obviously was not ) would never like or agree with this type of behavior by someone in charge of the place they purchase supplies for their livelihood. What really got me when he was talking to a new employee (who also is from this town) and mockingly repeated "slang" of the "local hicks". She said nothing and looked quite embarrassed and most of all hurt, as this is her hometown and she is also one of the "local hicks" he speaks so badly about. As time has passed I have learned to really like this new employee who seems to love her job and is proud to be a tractor supply employee. Why I will never know because Tractor Supply's standards and ethics are not good enough for this "local hick" who works circles around every single employee in the store OR EVER employed by this store.

The funny thing is this employee has only been there a few months and no doubt has won the heart of many customers. She just has the personality that can make anyone smile, feel special and appreciated as a customer. I have watched her run that store at its busiest single-handed while her co-worker held down customer service desk and trashed her. I even witnessed the "manager" telling her she was too nice to the customers and she needed to cut them off after a minute and half of conversation. WHAT AN IDIOT HE IS. If Tractor Supply stood for what they did in the beginning this jackass manager would never lasted a month and their store would be ran by someone such as this new employee whom I now only shop at the store when she is there. Last week, while waiting in the always dreadful long line because there was not one employee to be found in the entire store.

I met a lady who was also bragging on this girl's work ethics. She told me of a Sunday she visited the store and stood for an hour watching this girl work the crowd of customers while working the very busy cash register. The girl called and called for her co-worker to come assist but he was to busy holding down the customer service desk and text messaging. This lady actually stayed hours just to have a chance to compliment this employee. Also she came back a few days later and told the manager of how lucky he was to have this girl and how horribly lazy the little guy was. YET EVERY TIME I GO IN LATELY, WHO IS WORKING? THE KID (LITERALLY) WHO IS ALWAYS ON HIS CELL HOLDING DOWN CUSTOMER SERVICE. Why they would not give this girl more hours?

So dear Tractor Supply, I challenge you to contact me with a way I may speak to this employee (off of the clock) and offer her a job as director of my business which includes 15 locations. I am sure her pay will almost double and she will never be degraded as she has been working for your company. I will wait for a few weeks after this, I have no choice other than to approach her while she is on your time clock. Employees like this are hard to find. I sure hope I can take her away. And I sure hope you will get back to who you were in the beginning and not be like all other businesses that forget who they were, what they stood for, or where they came from. Do not continue to lose sight of what made you the company you are today.

There are enough companies like this around. I may not can shut you down with my complaints but I promise you this. Continuing to allow this horrid person to run your store in Lumberton, NC will get you the same poor business you have. There is never proper supplies stocked and no one never knows anything other than "We get a truck every Friday and what is on it is a surprise you can check back then"! Tractor Supply, open your eyes. Your newest employee Hope had suggested many opportunities that would surely increase your business and help the community, she was laughed at.

Mr. Manager, better known as Kelly and his lazy sidekick Jesse: GUYS GET OVER YOURSELF YOU ARE A JOKE AND MANAGEMENT IS NOT YOUR FORTE. You could not do a good job even if only working in a pie factory tasting pies. Even that requires effort!!! Stop mistreating employees and calling people in the community hicks! It is disgusting!!!

I am constantly amazed that any company would tolerate an employee in a management position like at the Jackson Road Store in Michigan. I purchased some wire meshing (last two rolls) which were rusted, corroded and bent up due to improper handling and storage. It must have been left outside for years to degrade that much. But alas I was finishing a project and thought it best to have something if I ran short. I unrolled the material only to find it was worst than I first thought. But when I attempted to return it (with a receipt) only 1-2 weeks later ,was treated with rude and insulting language by the store manager.

What an unprofessional **! Must not realize that without customers they have no job... Anyway, I immediately called corporate and they apologized profusely and promptly refunded my money. I have since boycotted this store and encourage you to do the same. This manager is a discredit to the normal, friendly and courteous service I have always received. I only hope Corp terminates this bozo or it will most definitely hurt their bottom line. I will take my business elsewhere until this problem is remedied.

Tractor Supply changed their feed maker!!! Cattle, Goat, Chicken, Horse, etc. Our animals have rejected all their feed. It's one thing to save money but apparently they do not care about what it does to the animal owner. Change feed or ingredients so the company makes MORE MONEY but what it does to the consumer and animal owner doesn't matter apparently. When livestock just refuses to eat the feed they've been eating for years that tells you something. We spend thousands and thousands of dollars there a year, but now are desperately seeking other providers and switching our feed. That's truly BAD when a company will do something like that and pull the rug right out from the people they are making money off of. Tractor Supply just doesn't care apparently.

I love your Tractor Supply but recently I had a bad episode. My husband bought some fencing and had to take my jogging stroller out of our pickup so the forklift men could put the fencing in the back of our pickup truck while my husband forgot to put the stroller back in the back of our pickup. I did not realize my stroller was missing until about two weeks later. I've been going through a lot with my 6 year old daughters and taking her to her doctor's appointments so when I finally realized it was missing, it was about two weeks later.

I contact the store. Everyone claim to had see it but no one knew where it was. It took about 4 5 days until finally, someone told me that they disposed it after a week of it being left there and told me that was Tractor Supply policy. I am very upset. Just wondering if someone could tell me if that is your Tractor Supply policy and if so you they might want to consider on changing it because I'm very upset that someone could throw my things away after a week of leaving it in store. I would appreciate it if I could have some answers. Thank you.

Purchased a Cub Cadet LTX 1050 in April 2014 at Tractor Supply in Mount Pocono PA along with their 2 yr. extended warranty. Within 2 months the throttle cable kinked up & the battery stopped charging. TSC sent out a repairman who re-bent the cable & replaced the battery. Then said he'd have to get parts. I never heard from him again. In the spring (April 2015) I once again contacted TSC, reminded them these problems still need repair along with the trans leaked out all its fluid. Same repairman shows up again. Once again, he needs to get parts. In June (now have to use the extended warranty), with many phone calls I'm told TSC is having trouble getting parts. This machine has not moved & is unusable.

It' now October. To think I sold a 35 yr. old John Deere that ran & cut pretty good for its age for a newer Cub Cadet that's been nothing more than a $2000 yard ornament, just seems foolish. I wish I read the reviews from ConsumerAffairs FIRST. Needless to say I'm NOT pleased with ANY part of this purchase, it's an understatement. However, after 6 months of waiting & several more phone calls, the machine is going to a reputable shop for the repairs. When I get it back from the shop, I will NOT use it. It will used to hold a "FOR SALE" sign. Plain & simply, I will never spend my hard earned money on a Cub Cadet or any other kind of equipment from Tractor Supply. I would recommend buying from a reputable dealer who sales reputable equipment with an in-house repair shop.

Healthy 3 yr old Golden Retriever started vomit, then bloody diarrhea, very lethargic, temp of 106 when brought to vet. Very dehydrated, needed fluid immediately, $1300 vet bill, but survived. Feel cause was food, had started it 3 days prior.

I purchased a 54-inch Bad Boy Mower in August of 2013, along with a 4-year warranty and thought I was getting a pretty good deal. Not so. On May 2, 2015 I called the warranty service to have a repair done that was covered by the warranty. The local repair shop that they chose for me have been no good. I waited 10 days for them to pick up the mower, and I did not get it back until June 26! It was minor repair. I ran the mower for not more than 1 hour and it broke down again for the same reason I had it repaired for. So I called again, waited a week for them to pick it back up. It is now August 26 and it is STILL in the shop! Numerous phone calls to both TSC store, the TSC Warranty service and the repair shop itself have gotten me nothing but a runaround. Whenever I do get my mower back, I will be filling out a long report to the BBB.

I recently built a workshop/ garage on my farm. After doing the grade work and preparing the area around the new building I purchased 50 lb of premium grass seed at TSC. It was a blend of a couple varieties of fescue and some rye grass. I prepared the area as required for sowing grass seed. We had a sufficient amount of rainfall and soon the grass began to grow. However after a few days a tremendous amount of one species of broadleaf covered the whole area. I understand that when sowing a new area it is normal to see a variety of broadleaf spring up here and there however there was only one species that was growing extensively over the whole sown area. Which leads me to believe it was in the seed I purchased.

Soon after the rye grass begin to fade and all I have is one species of a broadleaf and 80% coverage of the area in crabgrass which I also believe was in the seed I purchased given to the large amount of crabgrass and consistent coverage over the whole area that I had sown. No evidence of any desirable grass! I have sown hundreds of pounds of KY31 fescue and other grass seed through the years and have never experienced an epic failure like this one. It goes without saying that I will have to till the whole area again and re-sow it. More work! More expense! BUT NO MORE GRASS SEED PURCHASES AT TSC!!! There are lots of farm supplies in my area where I have purchased hundreds of pounds of seed through the years but without the poor quality that I received from TSC.

I needed a PTO shaft and some other things for my tractor to hook up my bush hog, big mistake. I know I'm new to all this but they assured me that this $250 PTO was right for my 80HP tractor. Looked it up and confirmed it. Well, it wasn't. Sheared in half within a hour (come to find out, that one was rated for 35 HP) and of course they won't take it back. So someone else tells me that no one here would have said to use that one, and was sure I was confusing them with another store. I'm not to happy right now and should have walked away, but this guy assured me that this one that was $400 was the correct one. But there was a catch, this one had the 1-3/8 in 6 spline quick disconnects on both ends (they don't sell the one I need anymore).

I needed a 1-3/8 round bore with the shear pin on the other side, so he pulled a shear pin yoke one out ($60 for it) and said this would work, just had to take one of the ends off and put this one on. Easy enough right. Nope. The bore size was right but U joint holes were smaller and wouldn't work, so I take them back. Manager comes up, I explain what's going on. First thing he says is, "Well, that's not the right one, you need this one (by the way, was the exact same one I had he was talking about).

I said, "No, I want to return them," and of course they refused to take either of them back, said I installed them wrong (even though I showed them the U joint wouldn't fit) and paint was missing and couldn't resell them (they were still in like new condition). Then I ask them, "What I'm suppose to do?" Manager says, "Nothing we can do sir, we don't sell those parts." "OH really!!! So now you're telling me this?? After I've spent some $700 on this crap you said would work that I can't use???" I was then asked to leave.. Go figure right. (LOL)

If you go here, get what you need and get out. Don't talk to anyone. They have no idea what they're doing and the managers will scam the hell out of you for every penny you have. I would have saved money if I had just bought one from a tractor dealer that knew what they were doing and actually wanted to help, but no, I tried to save a buck by going to this place thinking they knew what they were doing. Don't make the same mistake I made. Go to Southern States. If they don't have everything you need, go to a tractor dealer or get it online. Roanoke VA store on Gander Way - avoid this place like the plague. You have been warned.

My husband bought a water fountain from the Murphy Nc. Tractor Supply as a birthday gift for me. The next day when he went to put it together it was missing parts and one of the tubs was cracked. I immediately called up to the store only to get the most rude person that would not help me at all. She told me that if I wanted another fountain I would have to get on the internet to find one even though they have a data base and all they have to do is punch in the item number and it will pull up other locations with the item in stock.

But for me to find other locations I have to go to the website and type in a zip code and the website will tell me if that location has one or not. But without zip codes I can't do anything. So I finally was able to pull up a list of every tractor supply by state with the complete address EXCEPT the zip codes. Then I copy those cities down and start in doing a zip code search on those cities then go back to the tractor supply website and enter each zip code one by one. It took me the entire day on my birthday but I finally found a store with 3. They were more than happy to send a replacement to the Murphy Store but they needed Murphy to call and set that up.

So on Monday I called the Murphy store and they acted all hateful like they didn't want to do that. Eventually they agreed after I threatened to call district. So my husband goes today to pick up the new fountain and would you believe it, another fountain with missing pieces. The lady was very rude and again not helpful. He ended up getting a refund. We have a mini farm and do quite a bit of business there. But after this experience we will never set foot back in a Tractor Supply. The store just isn't what it use to be and the customer service stinks. I did find that it only seems to be like that with the Murphy store. While on my mission to find a replacement every other store I talk to was very polite and helpful. What's going on in Murphy.

Today was the last straw. After multiple poor shopping experiences due to vulgar loud conversations from a manager in Mauldin we drove 35 minutes to Travelers Rest. I witnessed an 80 plus year old polite black man being refused a courtesy 10% off coupon because he forgot his. My husband who is white didn't have his. They gave him the discount without him asking. We will NEVER SHOP THERE AGAIN.

I had called to check on 3XL lime green tee shirts, the person on the phone said he had one in stock. Asked him to save it for me. When I arrived, shirt was still on rack. I looked at the price tag, said 12.99. So I bought one lime green and one safety orange and a bag of treats for the dog. Got home, looked at my receipt, they charged me 13.99 per shirt. Called the Old Saybrook store, they said the prices change all the time, the other shirts on the rack were 13.99 each. I am all done shopping there.

Hi, my girlfriend and I enjoy shopping at TSC. Lately there have been a lot of dogs on leashes and some just running around loose. I don't like the idea of this and won't be going back until you change your policy on this. I think keep all the dogs at home, you don't need to take your dog shopping for dog food!!

(Background) I was trying to get a welding tank filled about a year ago, but was told That Tractor Supply only had a tank exchange program. I bought a tank and was told I could get it filled at a reasonable price 7 days a week. (Today) I went to get an exchange on my tank. The guy came out and guess what? There were no #3 tanks full. I asked when they would be out to replenish with new full tanks. ** said they switched to a new company and they replenish every other Tuesday.

Now this is Friday, so that means I would have to wait 4 days or 11 days depending on when they come. I asked ** to speak to a manager and he said "you are speaking to a manager." I said that 4-11 days was unacceptable and asked what he could do for me. He said for over $100.00 he could get me the next bigger size. That was an unacceptable resolution!!! Because they can't keep track of their inventory, I am supposed to wait 4-11 days or pay over $100.00 more? DO NOT BUY A TANK FROM TRACTOR SUPPLY!!! I was better off renting one where I know I can get refills when I need them.

I purchased a Zareba 5 mile electric fence. It had a 1 year Manufacturer warranty, and I purchased a two year replacement plan when I bought the Item. The electric fence quit working about 5 times in the first year. Each time I took the item back to Tractor Supply, and they gave me another one right off of the shelf because the item was still under the manufacturer's warranty.

Today, the fence went down again. The livestock was out, the horses were loose, all the animals were having a field day. I took the electric fence to Tractor Supply, and they tell me it is out of the Manufacturer's Warranty coverage, now it is under their Replacement Plan. I call the replacement number and they tell me that they will be able to replace it, just wait a few hours for them to send me an email telling me where to send it and a shipping label, and I can mail the part back to them, and they will have it replaced in two to three weeks.

I explain that I have livestock loose and they will get on the Interstate soon and someone is going to get killed, I need to have this Charger right away, can't I take one off the shelf like I have been doing and TSC can mail the bad one back? Nope! They suggested that I buy another one if I need one so badly, but until then, wait for the email. The email doesn't arrive that Night.

I call them back in the morning. They check my email address, then they said they will resend it. It should be there within two hours. Really! Two hours! I wait for the email so I can ship the Charger to the address. It never comes. I call again 5 hours later. I tell them to check the email address. It is right. Then they suggest that they mail the shipping label and information of where to ship it; mail it to my house. Really!!! This is crazy!!! I have animals running amuck and these people are going to take WEEKS to handle this!!!! I am absolutely disgusted that they cannot give me a Charger off of the shelf and mail the bad Charger to the warehouse which would handle this problem right away!!! To think I have two more years of this craziness in order to replace the fence each time it goes out!!! Very bad.

In Maryland you are asked for your birth date to buy paint, even though TS states MD does not require it. TR states they had all stores in all states require a date of birth for paint, haz materials. I am 68 years old and only wanted a can of flat black spray paint, as Lowe's and Ace had sold me earlier this week. My problem I am charging the purchase and they are putting my birth date on the receipt. To me that makes me an easy target for someone to assume my identity. No more TS.

I went to the Fuquay-Varina NC location to purchase some dog food. After loading a 50-pound bag of dog food I tried to find some worm medicine but had no such luck. At this point I started looking for someone to help me out but after 20 minutes of looking for help still no one. I forgot to tell you I am a stroke patient and on dialysis where I were just leaving from before arriving at Tec so after 20 minutes of walking around the store a was tired, so I gave up my search. I told the clerk about the problem I had finding some worm medicine and she just dropped her head and gave me a total for the dog food. As I walked to my car I decided to call the store manager and tell him about my experience and just brushed me off naming all the people he had on staff at that time.

I don't care how many people you on payroll if they aren't accessible to your customers they aren't doing anything good. I have spent a lot of money with Tec in the past and after today Tractor Supply Co. will be just that, in my past so if you are handicap like me you may wish to spend your money with a more handicap friendly business for I am no longer a customer.

Tractor Supply Co. Company Profile