1.27/5
Based on 159 reviews that contain star ratings

Looking for Lawn Equipment and Garden Plants?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

217 Tractor Supply Co. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Purchased a coat. Returned it to the store. Was told by an employee that looked it up that it was online and in another store, so I went online and purchased the jacket. A minute later the order was canceled with no explanation why, called customer service and that is when more problems started. The woman ensues to tell me that it has to go on a gift card and not to my credit card. That is their policy. Then tells me they don't ship store to store. What kind of place is this? Worst experience ever next to Walmart. After 1 hour on phone with them I gave up and ordered a coat that doesn't even match camo bibs. I bought two different styles there. QUICK TO TAKE YOUR MONEY AND TIME BUT NOT GIVE YOU THE PRODUCT YOU WANT! TERRIBLE TERRIBLE PLACE! Watch out online ordering with them.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I have been wanting to purchase this for some years. Saw the Ad on Redbox for $467.49. Even took video of the Ad to take to the store. Got to the store the next day with the Ad. I bought the Massimo 196CC Mini Bike. In the parking lot I looked at the receipt. I asked why I was charged $599.99 with the Ad, but was told they were not honoring the coupon. Looking on the Web, there are several Ads from Tractor Supply for this thing, all lower than what I was charged in the store.

I also asked where the paperwork was for the item such as warranty, instructions, etc. They told me they had no idea and stated that it did not come with any and they were not the ones who put stuff together for displays or floor models. I emailed my complaint in and never got a response. After 40 years we will be looking for a new supplier for ourselves along with our clients. Thank you for maintaining the status quo for Companies who lose sight of the guy who helped make you with continued reciprocated loyalty.

Get expert buying tips about Lawn Equipment and Garden Plants delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I placed an online order with Tractor Supply - with store pick up. I charged it to my PayPal Credit account. However, Tractor Supply processed the charge to my other PayPal account resulting in me getting a $33 overdraft fine from my bank. After hours of calling and writing complaints to Tractor Supply, I was finally called by a customer service representative (several weeks later) who told me that the company would be sending me a check for $33 to compensate for the bank fine they caused. She said it could take as long as 10 days. That was more than a month ago and I have not received a letter or check from them. Having read the other reviews of Tractor Supply, this seems to be a pattern with the company - making errors; customer service promising to correct the error; and then nothing happening. I think there is serious systemic dysfunction in this company. I would never shop online with them or trust them with my credit card information again.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Bought a humidifier online. Found out it was the wrong one & called to cancel the order later the same day. Was told there was a 1hr window to cancel, but I could refuse delivery & get all my money back. The order confirmation email even said "Free shipping". 2 weeks later When the email that it had arrived came, it listed a 20% "sale" price, which had been applied to shipping costs. Of course I had to pay the shipping costs. If they had been honest up front I would have accepted it, but this was simply dishonest. Be careful.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Bought the safe on 11/23/2018 and the following Monday received a call that the individuals delivering the safe dropped it (now has dents and scratches). Called Tractor Supply Customer Service and they initiated and completed the replacement process. Unfortunately, that was the last I heard from Tractor Supply, nothing but “crickets.” On 12/10/2018 will be 2 weeks from when I last heard from Tractor Supply and that will be the day I cancel my order due to “absolutely poor service.” I am providing this review on this website since my review was moderated and not published. Must be nice to censor customer reviews and only publish good reviews.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tractor Supply Co.?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I have been a customer for years. Was trying to buy a product online, because my local store tells me that’s the only way they can get the product (although I have purchased it there in the past?). First, my password had expired; then the password reset was voided after they asked for my zip code. I called the number for the automated run-a-round they call customer service, and when I finally heard the option to talk to a representative, the estimated wait for my “very important call” was 18 minutes! Sorry for the local folks, but I will not shop there anymore!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I purchased 3 items online from their Black Friday sale, Nov 23. Received part of the order Monday 11/26. Checked the UPS routing for the other part, and it showed failed attempted delivery in a different city. I filed a report thru Customer Solutions, which said 2 day response time. 3 days later, it was sent to another city, so I contacted them again. They didn't respond either time. This week I check the routing, and see the item is headed back to Kentucky after failing to be delivered. It never made it to my city. I contacted them a 3rd time, and they again failed to respond. It’s now Dec 3, 2018. Eleven days since ordered, 8 days since asking for assistance. ZERO RESPONSE from their "Customer Solutions".

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Sales flier arrived in the mail Saturday eve. Saw some stuff on sale that I’ve been looking for. Drove into the store and was informed the sale was over (the day before the flier arrived - Black Friday). Would not honor any prices. Contacted customer service - was told I should sign up for email notification and then no answers when asking if they’d honor the price on one specific item. Posted on their Facebook page - little more response at first and mentioned emailing to ask for the price to be honored. Then no more replies. I will take my business elsewhere.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

During the Black Friday Sales Event, Tractor Supply advertised a Ashley Wood Stove on their website for $119.00 which could not be added to cart. I contacted them to ask if it was a mistake. They let me know that this was not a mistake and would be available for purchase (online only) on Friday. We stayed on their website, updating the browser all night Thursday to get a chance at purchasing the stove. They never made it available for purchase. Then they took it off the website. This was false advertisement.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

We received a flyer in the mail for a Black Friday PRICES Now. Wild Bird Seed Mix was on sale. Went a store (#1755) that was about 20 miles from our home. Put 4 bags in a cart and checked out. This was the last day of the sale. 2 days later I went to put my receipt away and noticed that we overcharged. Sent a communication to TSC customer service in that regard. Their reply was that we would have to return to the same store with our receipt while the sale was still on to get a refund of the difference. What a crock! Sale is over and even though our purchase was during the sale, we're out of luck?

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I went to TSC in Winchester, Indiana and they had last year model on clearance King Deluxe Pellet Stove, KP130. I bought one, a friend and I ran for four days trying to get the right parts, no one had any in stock. We finally get our parts, drill the two holes in my home, install the stove to find out it does not work, so I called Carolyn the store manager and ask her, "What do I do to fix this problem?" She said, "You knew there were in the rain covered up" but she said, "I thought they worked". I said, "I did too." She, "Well. You can bring it back and add a extra 700 to 800 dollars and get another one."

I told her the reason I bought that one 'cause it was on clearance and I could buy that one, she said, "Bring it back. Get your money," I said, "Well. What do I do about 300 dollars in parts and two holes in my wall," she said, "I don't know," so I call corp and I'm still waiting for a call from them. So stay clear from stoves at the Winchester, Indiana store because they wouldn't even send no one to check the stove out, they wanted me to take all the beating and them not taking care of 300 hundred in parts and two holes in my wall. I give them zero stars. I also called US Stove 2 days ago for tech help. Still no call. Going on 3 days now. Customer beware!!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

We went to Tractor Supply in Carrollton, Georgia today to purchase dog food. All the bags we picked up had big holes chewed by rats. Rat dropping were everywhere. A couple of the bags were over half gone. The bags smelled from rat pee. I carried the bags to the girls at the register at the front and told her they had rats eating the dog food. She, "Where are the rats". She taped up the bag and that was it. We went to the back of the store to wash our hands. Another lady had a big bag of feed with a big hole chewed in it also. She put on a pallet and was looking thru the stack to try and find one without a hole in it. We left not buying any dog food. We will not go back to that store.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Several weeks ago, I purchased some pet supplies from Tractor Supply online, requesting local pick-up vs. shipping. This is a purchase I make at Tractor Supply approximately every 6 weeks. As always, when prompted by the Tractor Supply site to click on my preferred payment option, I clicked "PayPal Credit." The payment was confirmed and I received my confirmation from Tractor Supply. I then went into my PayPal account to check on the transaction and saw that Tractor Supply had NOT charged my purchase to my PayPal Credit account but had instead charged it to my PayPal balance, leaving my PayPal account in the negative! I immediately called PayPal who said the error was Tractor Supply's and could only be corrected by them.

So I contacted Tractor Supply and was told that they would have to look into it and call me back. The representative could not be sure when I would receive a call. He suggested that I may have mistakenly clicked on the wrong button when I made my purchase. I asked if I could just cancel the order to prevent an overdraft in my bank account. The rep told me that I would have to go through the return process of picking up the item and then returning it. So I drove to the Tractor Supply store and asked the clerk there to cancel the items - which he did. But I still needed the items. So, in front of the clerk, I re-ordered the items, this time making 100% sure that I clicked the "PayPal Credit" button (vs. PayPal Balance).

The transaction went through; I took my items and left the store. But by the time I got home, I had an email notification from my bank that my account was overdrawn because AGAIN, Tractor Supply charged the purchase to my PayPal balance and NOT my PayPal Credit account. And I was charged a $33 overdraft fee! I called Tractor Supply again, explained the problem again, and was told that my problem would have to be referred to the finance department and I would get a callback. The representative refused to transfer me to the finance department, saying she did not have a phone number for them (only an email address). I waited several days and did not get a callback.

On Monday, I finally called Tractor Supply again and was told by the customer service rep that the finance department was closed over the weekend and they would probably get to it by the next day. Again, I was told that she could not transfer me to the finance department - that she could only email them. I asked her to send the finance department another email and copy me on the email. She said she would but she didn't. I never received anything. It has been at least three weeks since my last phone call to Tractor Supply and I have still not received any response. Meanwhile, I had to pay a $33 overdraft fee to my bank as a result of Tractor Supply's error. Poor service or selling a poor product is bad but having a computer system that charges the wrong customer account is outrageous. I will be pursuing this with both PayPal and the Better Business Bureau. Needless to say, I will never again do business with Tractor Supply.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

If I could give a 0 I would... Ordered a gun safe on the 13th of Sept. Got delivery details that it would be delivered on Friday the 21st. Wife took day off to accept delivery. No show. No call. Go to store to find out what happened. They have no knowledge of my purchase until the young lady that sold it to me called corporate. Said it was lost but they found it and it would be delivered on Monday. Just call to set time. I call. They can't deliver on Monday. No trucks going that way. "It will be delivered when we can get it there" is what I was told... Call back as requested by Tractor Supply and was told it's on the truck. The truck driver had the wrong phone number. Finally arrives at the house to find it crushed. Looks like a forklift ran over it...

Call customer service. They tell me they don't have any in stock and it could be 30 to 90 days before I may be able to get one. But I could upgrade if I would like at my cost... Really!!! At my cost... So I received a bill for the safe already but they said my money would be refunded in 3 to 5 business days. They sure take it fast but return it slow as **. Tractor Supply can kiss my ** for any additional business and I will make sure I steer anyone wanting to buy something from them away. Never saw such incompetence all the way to the top as the district manager was supposed to call and make things right and I guess he has bigger things than this to deal with because he has not called.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

At the beginning of June I purchased a grill online from Tractor Supply. I was given the option to have it delivered to my home so I made the purchase. A week past that delivery date I received a very rude call from the trucking company where they refused to deliver to my home because my driveway would not accommodate a semi truck and I had no way of unloading the grill by myself. I agreed to have the grill shipped to the store and received an email a few days later saying the grill was at the store. When I got there no one knew anything about the grill and they couldn't find my order. I called customer service and cancelled my order and was assured a full refund. A few weeks later I received an email saying the refund was complete. I checked my bank and the money wasn't there. I've emailed twice and called twice but all I get is they say they sent the money and my bank says they didn't receive it. I'm now out $467.31.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

September 1, 2018 we went to Tractor Supply in Gaffney SC to purchase a UTV. We were to put $1,060 down and the remaining balance was being covered by a loan. After paying the $1,060 with our debit card we were then informed by the team leader that they don’t work with the loan company we chose (they told us to go through them by the way). So she then canceled the purchase but then told us we couldn’t receive our refund of $1,060 until Wednesday the next week!! So we agreed but they couldn’t even give us a receipt. They literally gave us a sticky note with a claim number and their signatures on it.

Long story short Wednesday the next week comes and goes and still no refund. We’ve called the store, general manager and corporate all who seem to not give a damn. They can’t even tell us where our money is! Well we have bank statements that it was taken out the same day we swiped the card. Now they are saying money is “orphaned” and they have it but yet they can’t give it back until they clear it with sales which could be up to 2-3 weeks. This is complete BS! They have robbed us and now we have no idea when or if we will receive a refund.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I received poor customer service at the Ontario, NY store but brushed it off as it was a minor purchase (less $20) but an annoying one. I was asked 3 times to fill out a survey. After the 3rd request, (it was raining outside so could not do yard work) so I responded to the survey... A negative one! They ASKED for it! They responded via email the next day asking me to call their customer solution line 877-718-6750 with the reference number provided as I had not answered my phone. That number did not have an option to enter the reference number or talk with the person who sent the email.

I finally punched an option knowing I would get the wrong person. I got "PowerPlus Warranty" and Kate answered the phone responded "our system is being updated right now, call back later". What company would perform maintenance on their system midday? Unless it was their phone system having difficulty, I explained to Kate I didn't need their system available in order to have a discussion, but Kate was not capable of transferring me without the use of their system.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I spend upwards of a $1000 a month and was told to sign up with the Neighbor's Club and I would receive discounts and deals and after a year of being in this club I have received two coupons for a whopping 10% off. What a hell of a reward for the time it takes to give them my phone number so Tractor Supply could keep up with the amount I spent in their store each time and months later and $1000 of dollars I get a big 10% off coupon in my email. What a joke. People stay away from their club. It is a big waste of time.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I changed over to pine pellets to try a better way of controlling cat fecal smells and a different way to deal with litter box duty. It was an expensive and costly experiment. The pine pellets were still messy in the bathrooms. The horror story began 1 month later when 2 of my cats Tipsy & Frisky both went into kidney failure at the same time. The only thing in their environment that changed were the pine pellets. I found out from my vet and internet research that fenals that gas off of pine which give it the pine smell is poisonous to cats and rabbits. Tractor Supply and the manufacturer of the pine pellets assured me that the fenals were baked out of the pellets. Well it seem they were wrong! Now I switched back to clay litter and the cats were nursed back from certain death. Mathematically having 2 cats going into kidney failure with the introduction of pine pellets is pretty conclusive that the pellets were the issue!

I tried to put this review on Tractor Supply’s site but they denied it with some lame excuse, like it did not meet their site’s criteria! It cost me $1000s in vet bills and the pain of watching your animal sick and knowing you indirectly caused it! Well we got Frisky back to good health but eventually she succumbed to the pine pellets. DO NOT USE PINE PELLETS FOR CATS OR RABBITS NO MATTER WHAT THEY TELL YOU! Or you will be telling your beloved animal goodbye, like we just did. This review is in memory of Frisky our beloved pet.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I purchased an extended warranty on my Mighty Mule Gate Opener and when it came time to actually use it Tractor Supply failed to honor the warranty. I requested a technician be sent out to the house to fix the gate opener and they said that they could not do that! Not only am I totally disgusted, I have decided to start purchasing my high ticket items at other big box stores from now on. So buyers beware! Don’t waste your money on extended warranties at Tractor Supply! In my opinion they’re not the company they use to be.

Original review: May 7, 2018

On their site they specify a Price Match Guarantee, however, they will not honor it. I purchased a Carry-On trailer from them, and two days later I found the exact same trailer at a store that was $175 less. I was flat out told, we can't compete with that, and he walked away. I contacted corporate, and was told they couldn't match it because the part numbers didn't match, and they included one of their ads along with the add from the other place, highlighting the part number, however, on the title for the trailer was the exact same part number as the other ad. In addition, their ad showed the trailer being on sale for $150 less than I paid. I replied with both the ad being $150 less along with a photo of the title clearly showing the same part number as the other store's ad. SILENCE! That is all I have heard so far.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I have been coming to Louisa Tractor Supply and more than once have they been rude or act like they don’t see you or don’t want to help customers. Very disappointed and seems like no employees that work there want to work.

Original review: March 16, 2018

Ordered from TRACTOR SUPPLY on a Tuesday needing items for "NEXT DAY" shipping as offered by the website, NOT "NEXT DAY... AFTER TWO DAY PROCESSING DELAY". I paid Approx $99 for the items ordered and $114 for the shipping. The items were not received until Friday afternoon so I requested a shipping refund. It was denied because SOMEWHERE (not where I paid for NEXT DAY shipping) in the process it says there's a two day processing delay for the product I ordered. The "so called" NEXT DAY $114 shipping fee was for the NEXT DAY shipping after the processing delay. Be aware of shipping practices from this place. Read everything. I personally will not do business with a company I have to be so careful with. Pay attention to the details when doing business with TS. Not honest in my opinion.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

BUYER BEWARE: I made an online purchase for a Christmas gift which had to be returned. I delivered the return to the store and handed it over to a clerk, packaged, labeled but still to date they have not refunded my money. They have acknowledged that they have the merchandise but they keep blaming the fact that I have not received a refund on my bank. BS! This is outright theft.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

Went to store in Taunton Ma to purchase coal. When we arrived I asked the register clerk if the coal I needed was available and she said "Yes and No.' Hum? That's a confusing answer. She then explained they had the coal but it had snow on it (bagged coal) from last week's snowstorm and no one had cleaned it off so it was not available for sale. So I left. Later that day (early afternoon) we were out doing errands and when my wife checked the internet for other possible sources, TSC came up and when she checked the website for the store in question, the online inventory said available and ready for pick up. To facilitate the transaction we did an online PayPal and completed the order for online-pick up in the store process.

Since we were nearby we went to the store and the service desk clerk said they inventory showed 38 bags (I needed 12) and she would have JP get it for me and once they got the online transaction, (they had not yet received it) the store would mark it completed. After waiting 10-15 mins the young lady clerk came out and told me there was an issue with the sale and it could not be completed. When I went inside and asked to see the manager I got to wait another 5-10 minutes. When JP the manager came by he told me about his 28 years in retail... yada yada yada... but the inventory was wrong. We left the desk presumably to check and said there some unusable to me rice sized coal even though the inventory noted 39 bags of nut size coal.

No one seemed to care the inventory was wrong, that the clerk in the morning had a cockamamie story, I wasted about 35-40 minutes of my time and gas to go to the store based on their line inventory. I do not care about apologies but none were offered. Nor any other compensation for my waste of time and effort to go to their store based on their mistake. I guess the moral of the story is do not believe what you are told at that store unless you can see and touch the product in which you are interested.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

Bought their advertised 50' rolls of wooden snow fence over the past several years. Not a single roll was ever 50'. Some were only 45' so I complained about it only to be brushed off twice. Then a CSR contacted me and offered to provide me a $50.00 in store e-card which I accepted. "What about the other rolls," I asked. "Sorry but I can only deal with your most recent purchase," she said. I asked her to send the local TSC manager to my home which is only 15 min from the store and see for himself/herself how every single roll is short so perhaps they can rectify this issue with their supplier. They don't want to be bothered. Naturally they tell me the "vendor" claims they are 50' long. I call bull and will never buy from them again!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

Ordered several items online during the Black Friday sale and four days later my entire order was canceled. They will not honor their Black Friday pricing. "Date: Nov 23, 2017. Time: 20:27:49 EST. Status: Canceled. The seller canceled this payment, and the money has been returned to your account."

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I wrote a review on their site for a product I purchased that failed multiple times. It was a low quality unit. "Purchased this product 2 years ago locally. Had to replace it after its first use because it leaked internally and failed. Just went to use it again this year and once more it does not work. Took it apart to find a gasket made of RTV that must have been installed by someone who was unqualified. The motor housing had filled with water and the pump destroyed. Twice in a row same problem. This is not a quality product. Don't support companies that don't take responsibility for the low quality products they sell." This review was deleted by tractor supply twice. It's time for consumers to hold company's accountable for these shady practices. Clearly hiding a negative review so they don't take a hit in sales. How about you just sell a quality product?

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

Bought 2 brooder lamps. One has a short. I took it back, but kept the other, though I don't trust it. They need on/off switch. This is the only kind you have. Will go elsewhere to get another. :(

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

Bought a LT 4200 mower after a friend told me how good they were. Bought it in June of 2015 with an extended warranty through Asurion warranty company. The engine was an MTD engine that was made in China and the 3rd season the engine wouldnt run so contacted Tractor Supply Co. They put me in touch with Asurion as it was out of Tractor Supply warranty. Have contacted Tractor Supply at least 5 times along with Asurion trying to get problem taken care of.

They said that it would be taken care of. It was about a month before Asurion even made my appoint. for it to be picked up. Then the serviceman was unable to get it at that time. So another month went by and finally was picked up on July 22nd. He had some mother with the same engine I had and they were unable to be repaired and that they would probably put a new engine on it. Same brand of engine.

Then was contacted by Asurion that they were looking at a buyout on it as it was too expensive to repair motor. Here it is Sept. 19th and now the Asurion is telling Tractor Supply that they are just going to repair the motor. Been without a mower all summer while these companies played games. I told Tractor this afternoon after they had found this information out that it was unacceptable for that and that I would never buy anything else from them and would damn sure not get any warranty from Asurion.

I will go to WalMart next time and get a mower. Spent 1000.00 dollars on this mower to be able to use it for 2 years. Dont waste your money unless you get one with a different brand of motor. They say a team is only as strong as its weakest link. Well dont use these team to pull grass with. Wont stand up. Very dissatisfied customer.

Tractor Supply Co. Company Information