1.30/5
Based on 138 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for Lawn Equipment and Garden Plants?

Last updated: March 30, 2018

196 Tractor Supply Co. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: March 30, 2018

I have been coming to Louisa Tractor Supply and more than once have they been rude or act like they don’t see you or don’t want to help customers. Very disappointed and seems like no employees that work there want to work.

Original review: March 16, 2018

Ordered from TRACTOR SUPPLY on a Tuesday needing items for "NEXT DAY" shipping as offered by the website, NOT "NEXT DAY... AFTER TWO DAY PROCESSING DELAY". I paid Approx $99 for the items ordered and $114 for the shipping. The items were not received until Friday afternoon so I requested a shipping refund. It was denied because SOMEWHERE (not where I paid for NEXT DAY shipping) in the process it says there's a two day processing delay for the product I ordered. The "so called" NEXT DAY $114 shipping fee was for the NEXT DAY shipping after the processing delay. Be aware of shipping practices from this place. Read everything. I personally will not do business with a company I have to be so careful with. Pay attention to the details when doing business with TS. Not honest in my opinion.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

BUYER BEWARE: I made an online purchase for a Christmas gift which had to be returned. I delivered the return to the store and handed it over to a clerk, packaged, labeled but still to date they have not refunded my money. They have acknowledged that they have the merchandise but they keep blaming the fact that I have not received a refund on my bank. BS! This is outright theft.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

Went to store in Taunton Ma to purchase coal. When we arrived I asked the register clerk if the coal I needed was available and she said "Yes and No.' Hum? That's a confusing answer. She then explained they had the coal but it had snow on it (bagged coal) from last week's snowstorm and no one had cleaned it off so it was not available for sale. So I left. Later that day (early afternoon) we were out doing errands and when my wife checked the internet for other possible sources, TSC came up and when she checked the website for the store in question, the online inventory said available and ready for pick up. To facilitate the transaction we did an online PayPal and completed the order for online-pick up in the store process.

Since we were nearby we went to the store and the service desk clerk said they inventory showed 38 bags (I needed 12) and she would have JP get it for me and once they got the online transaction, (they had not yet received it) the store would mark it completed. After waiting 10-15 mins the young lady clerk came out and told me there was an issue with the sale and it could not be completed. When I went inside and asked to see the manager I got to wait another 5-10 minutes. When JP the manager came by he told me about his 28 years in retail... yada yada yada... but the inventory was wrong. We left the desk presumably to check and said there some unusable to me rice sized coal even though the inventory noted 39 bags of nut size coal.

No one seemed to care the inventory was wrong, that the clerk in the morning had a cockamamie story, I wasted about 35-40 minutes of my time and gas to go to the store based on their line inventory. I do not care about apologies but none were offered. Nor any other compensation for my waste of time and effort to go to their store based on their mistake. I guess the moral of the story is do not believe what you are told at that store unless you can see and touch the product in which you are interested.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

Bought their advertised 50' rolls of wooden snow fence over the past several years. Not a single roll was ever 50'. Some were only 45' so I complained about it only to be brushed off twice. Then a CSR contacted me and offered to provide me a $50.00 in store e-card which I accepted. "What about the other rolls," I asked. "Sorry but I can only deal with your most recent purchase," she said. I asked her to send the local TSC manager to my home which is only 15 min from the store and see for himself/herself how every single roll is short so perhaps they can rectify this issue with their supplier. They don't want to be bothered. Naturally they tell me the "vendor" claims they are 50' long. I call bull and will never buy from them again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tractor Supply Co.?

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

Ordered several items online during the Black Friday sale and four days later my entire order was canceled. They will not honor their Black Friday pricing. "Date: Nov 23, 2017. Time: 20:27:49 EST. Status: Canceled. The seller canceled this payment, and the money has been returned to your account."

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I wrote a review on their site for a product I purchased that failed multiple times. It was a low quality unit. "Purchased this product 2 years ago locally. Had to replace it after its first use because it leaked internally and failed. Just went to use it again this year and once more it does not work. Took it apart to find a gasket made of RTV that must have been installed by someone who was unqualified. The motor housing had filled with water and the pump destroyed. Twice in a row same problem. This is not a quality product. Don't support companies that don't take responsibility for the low quality products they sell." This review was deleted by tractor supply twice. It's time for consumers to hold company's accountable for these shady practices. Clearly hiding a negative review so they don't take a hit in sales. How about you just sell a quality product?

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

Bought 2 brooder lamps. One has a short. I took it back, but kept the other, though I don't trust it. They need on/off switch. This is the only kind you have. Will go elsewhere to get another. :(

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

Bought a LT 4200 mower after a friend told me how good they were. Bought it in June of 2015 with an extended warranty through Asurion warranty company. The engine was an MTD engine that was made in China and the 3rd season the engine wouldnt run so contacted Tractor Supply Co. They put me in touch with Asurion as it was out of Tractor Supply warranty. Have contacted Tractor Supply at least 5 times along with Asurion trying to get problem taken care of.

They said that it would be taken care of. It was about a month before Asurion even made my appoint. for it to be picked up. Then the serviceman was unable to get it at that time. So another month went by and finally was picked up on July 22nd. He had some mother with the same engine I had and they were unable to be repaired and that they would probably put a new engine on it. Same brand of engine.

Then was contacted by Asurion that they were looking at a buyout on it as it was too expensive to repair motor. Here it is Sept. 19th and now the Asurion is telling Tractor Supply that they are just going to repair the motor. Been without a mower all summer while these companies played games. I told Tractor this afternoon after they had found this information out that it was unacceptable for that and that I would never buy anything else from them and would damn sure not get any warranty from Asurion.

I will go to WalMart next time and get a mower. Spent 1000.00 dollars on this mower to be able to use it for 2 years. Dont waste your money unless you get one with a different brand of motor. They say a team is only as strong as its weakest link. Well dont use these team to pull grass with. Wont stand up. Very dissatisfied customer.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I bought a 60" CountyLine Fan about 14 months ago. We do not use this during the winter months. I heard a crash only to find out a blade had broken off at the mount. The blades are so big they flex and over time break, when one breaks it takes the rest of them with it. After talking to customer service they did not offer to replace them free of charge. In fact they have none in stock so after it cools down I can pay to get new ones but I cannot order now since they do not have any. My guess is this a very common occurrence, an order cannot be placed. This fan is too big for its aluminum blades. Other than that a good fan.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I have used my 5ft only three times. When we bought it we discussed what we need to do in order to run it. The sales associate assured us that you would only need to buy lube and everything was all set except for that. I want a full refund!!! Do not buy this product! Every pin, nut and bolt came off. The blade then broke because of this. It also chewed the back of my bush hog up and now things get stuck in it. I paid $1100.00 for this piece of equipment for it to break in the matter of days. I should have bought a used John Deere or a good brand cause obviously the factory putting these pieces together don't care if they are properly put together.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

Here is what I wrote on TSC's website: WORTHLESS. Bought this item on June 3rd for my husband. He received it for a birthday present on June 22nd. He used it three times and it stopped pumping. He thought maybe there was something in the pump line, so he tore it apart, put it back together and it still wouldn't work. I returned it to Tractor Supply for a refund and found that they have a 30 day return policy. Their website states it's subject to manager approval after 30 days as to whether you receive cash (if you paid cash) or store credit. The manager of our local TSC decided I was not worthy of a CASH refund; even though, I paid CASH. Anything electrical or that you don't use everyday I absolutely WOULD NOT purchase from TSC. If TSC does not like your comment, they won't publish your comment. Obviously they don't want the public to know about their lack of service.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I went in to get salt for my water softener. After waiting for an associate to put the 40 lb. Bags in my car 20 min passed so I did it myself. This is not the first time this has happened. When you try to get some help no one can help you. This is the last time I am shopping at Tractor Supply Co. in Cobleskill Ny.

Original review: July 16, 2017

I came to Tractor Supply in hopes of finding better prices on various horse supplies like any other day and was let down. For example, I was looking for a Pelham Bit. Found one for $25. Brand new from another business, came here to compare prices. Tractor Supply's price is $42 for the same brand and bit. I love supporting Tractor Supply and am a consistent customer. I just wish Tractor Supply would bring back the better prices I used to find here. I will be shopping elsewhere as far as any horse related products further out.

Original review: July 1, 2017

Paid for extra warranty on air compressor and they would not exchange or money back. We always bought horse feed and tools for years at Lucedale Ms store. Will NOT go back. Mgr was very rude about it also.

Original review: June 29, 2017

Tractor Supply has run 4 ads since the beginning of May for trailers with drop gates various sizes, 5x8, 4x7, and never had any on stock. They give rain checks, that are basically worthless, I ask almost weekly at the local store (Murrysville PA). And they say either "next week", we don't know when they are coming, etc. I contacted their customer service, and get the usual bs, not the way they run business, etc. They gave me another store that had the trailers, but that store wouldn't honor a rain check from the other store. When I posed that question they did not respond. The Murrysville store also did not have push lawnmowers advertised Memorial Day sale! Horrible way to run a business. Basically lie to customers and deceive.

Original review: June 17, 2017

I purchased a Bad Boy mower on 9-19-16 and after bringing it home it would not start. TSC picked up that one and gave another. As of June 2017 it only had 35 hrs on it and now the transmissions were whining. Since they were sealed non serviceable units, I could not add fluid and there were no filters to change. I called customer service which turns out to be cooperate, but they call it service solutions. They bent over backwards to accommodate us to make sure that we were happy and remained a loyal customer. We did not demand free stuff like some do, only a fair deal. We got a new mower, upgraded and got a discount from them.

I'm in my fifties and have been around the block a time or two and I can honestly say that they do care. Granted the store's attitude differ from one to another but that's because they are ran like independently owned businesses, with a series of guidelines. I had the pleasure of dealing with three individuals from the service solutions department that went above and beyond to make sure we were satisfied. I will be emailing their boss to give them the kudos they deserve. Thanks guys, and thank you Tractor Supply for a great experience.

Original review: June 7, 2017

Bought a LT4600 mower 9/19/2016. Used to mow yard one time. The second time the motor will not run right up and down, low, high and backfiring. Called Tractor Supply and was told that is not their problem. I would have to haul it to a town that is 100 miles from me to get it fix. I bought it because it was on sale and thought tractor would stand behind what they sell. I was wrong. I paid cash for the thing and wish I hadn't bought it. I should have known better because I was done the same way with a battery drill purchased from TS. I am 67 years old and disabled. Have no way to haul it.

Original review: May 24, 2017

I received a flyer with sale items and I was visiting in Texas. I went to the Benbrook location to get the grill in a box so I could transport it home easier and they only had the display grill. I also tried to purchase a ride on toy that was advertised on sale and they did not have it. I then called the Meridian, MS store which is where I live and they only had 1 grill in the store. So I tried to purchase it while I was in the phone with the clerk and she said they could not sell it to me over the phone. I then ask her if she would hold it until I returned home in a day or two and she said no they could not hold it either. I have never heard of a store that would not accept a purchase over the phone and why do you advertise items and not have them? Thank you.

Original review: May 22, 2017

I ordered a grill from TSC and set up to have it delivered on Tuesday from 12 to 4. I took off work and waited. No delivery. I called TSC from the email and spoke with a lady who said it was moved to Thursday. I never received an email or notification and was leaving for vacation. She routed it to drop at the store. On Sunday I called the store they had it there but no idea why or what for. I informed them of the situation and they said they spoke to corporate and no one knew. I told them I had a new order number for it. I called Monday morning and they informed me the order was canceled. I was done dealing with them. No one communicates, the company internally does not communicate and I called my credit card to dispute it because it was not even canceled on the card. I have stock in TSC and have watched it drop and I understand why.

Resolution response: June 6, 2017

After contacting corporate Headquarters and talking to a fantastic employee who handles issues like mine I was fully refunded and was sold a well built excellent quality aluminum trailer. Cost me a bit more but so worth it. Great job Tractor Supply of taking care of customer service. Always go to the top to get the job done right.

Original review: May 1, 2017

I purchased a 2017 5x8 trailer. Nine months later it's a rusted out piece of junk. The lights have to be replaced. I replace the wiring harness and all they offered me was two cans of spray paint to cover up the rust. Tractor Supply is a terrible Company that does not stand behind their product. They sell junk and then offer you spray paint to repair it instead of replacing. I had to make modifications because it was rusting out so fast. So they told me that because I made the modifications they couldn't replace the trailer which is really just more crap from a crappy company. Don't buy their trailers.

I would love for the owner or manager of this company to contact me to find out exactly what's going on. There was virtually no satisfaction whatsoever and lots of confusion on their part what is covered and what's not covered. To remind everyone this trailer is nine months old and when the guy look at it he thought it was five years old.

Original review: April 28, 2017

I tried to buy a chicken coop that was on sale. I was told they had shipments coming that never showed up. So I was told if I ordered online I could ship to store for free. I asked her if I could do it with her, but no. There was no option to ship to store so after a few weeks I went ahead and just paid for the shipping. Every site said shipping would be on a different day. I had so far called customer service three times now and each time would take over 25 minutes to get connected. The day of delivery I was contacted by freight company that they would have to bump me, but I needed it that day and was already past being able to wait. She said they have common issues with Tractor supply over booking anyway and not being properly connected.

I couldn't get through to customer service via 800# and the store told me there was nothing they could do to help. Conway called back and she got permission for a Saturday delivery for no extra charge. So I was able to get helped by NOT Tractor Supply even though it was their mistake and drama. Customer service is atrocious. I will never shop there again. This certainly wasn't the first run with them.

Original review: April 18, 2017

Went into the new local Tractor Supply Co & they had a large green walk in chicken coop for sale. Bought chickens there & went to pay for the coop & surprise... They only had the store model! But shipping is fast... so ordered online from store. After $450... 4 days later I got email saying order was canceled... What? It was supposed to be delivered tomorrow! Many calls later they figured out the gal at the store put in the wrong zip code for delivery. Inconvenient. Now it is in the shipping process again... The truck only comes to our area on Thursdays so were pushed out another week for delivery. Very inconvenient. The next Wednesday (day before delivery) The local shipping company calls me & says they just got my shipment dropped off to them & the coop is severely damaged. Box is in pieces, the wire mesh has holes in it & they do not see how it was damaged so badly in transport.

I was asked if I wanted to refuse it over the phone & they would send it back & for me to call Tractor Supply Co. Ok... Refused & went rounds with Tractor Supply. They said I should have let them deliver it & then refused it. I explained this is going on almost a month now since my first order. The Chickens I bought are getting huge & no place to put them... And I want a refund. They spoke to a guy in shipping & put us on a 3-way call. We were promised a 4-day shipping. I explained the truck only comes to our area on Thursday & they said they would use a different transport co. I was told to watch my email for an exact date. 2 days later... no email. Called... got nowhere. 3rd day I get an email for the next Thursday! SERIOUSLY! I called & was told they don't know why I was promised 4-day shipping. I asked to cancel my order. They have had $450 of mine & I have nothing! Was told it is in process of shipping & too late to cancel.

Here it is delivery day & nothing. Called & NOW I'm told the delivery day is JUST AN ESTIMATE! WHAT THE HECK!!! I have now been on hold for 1 hour listening to the same song play on repeat. After I was given a 10 minute wait time. I am flaming hot & something better be done. Here I sit... on hold... again. I will NEVER do business with this Co again. Online or in store. To top it off, I live in WASHINGTON state... full of rain. This was at my local store. Just looked at reviews online & someone asked if it was waterproof & Tractor Supply responded "NO". Then why sell it in Washington? Also claims to hold 15 Chickens. Someone asked if it was true & T.S. responded it holds 15 of the tiny Bantam sized Chickens. What a joke... POOR COMPANY!

Original review: March 26, 2017

Do not buy chicks from this store. I have gone in on multiple occasions this week and complained politely about the overcrowding and dying chicks that have feces dried to their bums and they can no longer poop they are selling to the public. Not only did they not handle the problem the past 3 times I have complained, today the team leader lady and front register girl thought I had left and were out loud complain about me and mocking me in front of customers. Boy were they in shock when I came around the corner and they knew they were caught being very very unprofessional! I will be reporting them to animal control and I nor anyone I know will ever shop there again! Not to mention they ripped the poop off the butts' feathers and all and did not make it to where they could poop again and in my mind if your company cannot hire people with knowledge on how to take care of chicks you guys should not sell them!

Also the two young girls I dealt with today should not work there after laughing and mocking me when they had thought I left, not impressed at all with the employees or the way the birds are being cared for... I took lots of pics to show every animal cruelty and local law I can and I will not give up till the store learns to care for birds! They did call the store manager and no one was polite and said they would fix the issue. They were rude and said "go ahead and call someone else if you think someone will do something," them were the words of the manager and the team leader at the East Tawas Tractor Supply in Michigan...

Original review: March 24, 2017

I purchased the sprayer on Monday. It would not hold air. I assumed I could exchange for a working one. The asst manager said "No, we don't exchange." So not accepting this. I called Corporate who called the Marion, SC state. A big hassle, unnecessary. I did return to get another because it took extra time and energy when she could have just exchanged. I won't buy anything from anywhere that doesn't stand behind any item they sell. Bad service. Horrible product. The business is very bad due to our economy. I try to help anyway I can. And this poor act just cost them a lifetime of my little business.

Original review: March 19, 2017

On March 16th of 17 I went into Tractor Supply to put a new riding mower on layaway. The manager Ken entered in our personal info. He was struggling. I suggested he make a phone call so this would be done correctly. "No, no, we know how to do it." 424 dollars was owed to put the item on layaway. My wife swipes her card and pays debit. I look at the screen and see the bill is now for almost 2,200 dollars. "Ken, that's not right!" "Oh it's fine it will adjust." He realizes eventually he has made an error. He cancels the transaction. In doing so he now has no record of the sale. Now he can not refund my 424 dollars. It had instantly posted in my account.

After contacting their corporate office I was told they would refund my money and give me a hundred off on the mower. Two days later now and I have yet to be refunded. I have blatantly been robbed by this Tractor Supply. I'm going back to the store this morning and making yet another stink. Shameful. I have no receipt, I have a hand written letter from the manager Ken. They had no record of the funds transfer and were unable to print me any paperwork. I do however have the charge record with my bank.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2017

TSC Fenton, Mi. Getting punished for being a customer. I purchased a tank of Acetylene, a 45 minute drive home, attached the regulator, placed the valve wrench on the acetylene bottle - seized up, after several attempts, returned to the store, to simply exchange for a bottle that works. I bought the wrong receipt, no - nothing even though I was there 2 hrs prior. I stated that when I checked out earlier my TSC rewards member was input at the point of sale. The clerk stated that doesn't count. Not getting anywhere with the help. Purchased another bottle and returned home, I was in the middle of a brake job that had the caliper bolts seized up, the owner of the car was waiting to drive it home.

So I lost 3-4 hrs over this already, only to make the day even challenging the engine on my vehicle seized up just minutes after I exited onto M-59. Waited for the towing company to pick up my Vehicross and drop me and it home. Fixed the car in the freezing rain later that night. Update I returned on 02/05/17 at 17:30 I spoke to the manager regarding the issue, The manager reviewed the video, she stated that now the issue is she is unable to verify that I left the Acetylene tank at the store and it has been beyond 30 days.

I explained that I work 6 days a week sorry but until today is the first opportunity for me, ONLY 2 DAYS beyond her attempt to discourage me with her statement it has been over 30 days since the purchase date. 2 Days wow. I can't pick the days when a Sunday will fall on. PAS. (I am thankful last week a friend gave me a vehicle to use until I get the $5,200.00 to replace the engine in my vehicle) Therefore I am not going to receive a refund however she will speak to the clerk during his next shift and there's no guarantee or time frame. Besides the initial purchase I have driven 105 miles already for 2 attempts to rectify the situation. Hardly worth returning. Very disappointed. The manager's disposition was rude and condescending. Not a good image to represent the company with.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

Assistant Manager Charles of Hemet, California store assisted me in selection of a large outdoor dog kennel. He was knowledgeable about products, very patient and courteous and overall provided excellent customer service.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2017

The manager Lee is a unreasonable manager in the Franklin NC store. He does not care whether his coworkers safety. We have a lot of snow in the town and he wouldn't close down the company. When the roads were not safe and he wasn't even in town. He has no respect for his coworkers. I have friends who work there and hearing how they barely made it home. The roads are slick and dangerous. He really does not care about his coworkers and how their families would feel if something happened to them.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

This is my 3rd complaints. Very poor management. Every time I try to get gas there always a problem. This is what being said: 1. "We don't have a license person to pump gas" (I called headquarters a file a complaint). 2. "We have propane but the license man that pump the gas is not here today" (I called headquarter and file a complaint). 3. "Went to get gas, the machine that pump the bigger tank is broken. It going to be several weeks before the part come in." (I call the headquarters and file a complaint #**).

Today I'm trying to get gas and they are telling me if it cloudy or raining no pumping gas. I can understand if it's raining but, I don't understand if it cloudy! What that has to do with it. (I file another complaint) on the phone with Ed now. He is a great person. He's calling Selma store while; I'm on the phone now. Manager in the Selma Store need to read the book Manual and the employees! I'm sick of this store keep lying telling me anything and I have to call headquarters to find out the truth.

Tractor Supply Co. Company Information