1.28/5
Based on 148 reviews that contain star ratings

Looking for Lawn Equipment and Garden Plants?

206 Tractor Supply Co. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

We went to Tractor Supply in Carrollton, Georgia today to purchase dog food. All the bags we picked up had big holes chewed by rats. Rat dropping were everywhere. A couple of the bags were over half gone. The bags smelled from rat pee. I carried the bags to the girls at the register at the front and told her they had rats eating the dog food. She, "Where are the rats". She taped up the bag and that was it. We went to the back of the store to wash our hands. Another lady had a big bag of feed with a big hole chewed in it also. She put on a pallet and was looking thru the stack to try and find one without a hole in it. We left not buying any dog food. We will not go back to that store.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Several weeks ago, I purchased some pet supplies from Tractor Supply online, requesting local pick-up vs. shipping. This is a purchase I make at Tractor Supply approximately every 6 weeks. As always, when prompted by the Tractor Supply site to click on my preferred payment option, I clicked "PayPal Credit." The payment was confirmed and I received my confirmation from Tractor Supply. I then went into my PayPal account to check on the transaction and saw that Tractor Supply had NOT charged my purchase to my PayPal Credit account but had instead charged it to my PayPal balance, leaving my PayPal account in the negative! I immediately called PayPal who said the error was Tractor Supply's and could only be corrected by them.

So I contacted Tractor Supply and was told that they would have to look into it and call me back. The representative could not be sure when I would receive a call. He suggested that I may have mistakenly clicked on the wrong button when I made my purchase. I asked if I could just cancel the order to prevent an overdraft in my bank account. The rep told me that I would have to go through the return process of picking up the item and then returning it. So I drove to the Tractor Supply store and asked the clerk there to cancel the items - which he did. But I still needed the items. So, in front of the clerk, I re-ordered the items, this time making 100% sure that I clicked the "PayPal Credit" button (vs. PayPal Balance).

The transaction went through; I took my items and left the store. But by the time I got home, I had an email notification from my bank that my account was overdrawn because AGAIN, Tractor Supply charged the purchase to my PayPal balance and NOT my PayPal Credit account. And I was charged a $33 overdraft fee! I called Tractor Supply again, explained the problem again, and was told that my problem would have to be referred to the finance department and I would get a callback. The representative refused to transfer me to the finance department, saying she did not have a phone number for them (only an email address). I waited several days and did not get a callback.

On Monday, I finally called Tractor Supply again and was told by the customer service rep that the finance department was closed over the weekend and they would probably get to it by the next day. Again, I was told that she could not transfer me to the finance department - that she could only email them. I asked her to send the finance department another email and copy me on the email. She said she would but she didn't. I never received anything. It has been at least three weeks since my last phone call to Tractor Supply and I have still not received any response. Meanwhile, I had to pay a $33 overdraft fee to my bank as a result of Tractor Supply's error. Poor service or selling a poor product is bad but having a computer system that charges the wrong customer account is outrageous. I will be pursuing this with both PayPal and the Better Business Bureau. Needless to say, I will never again do business with Tractor Supply.

Get expert buying tips about Lawn Equipment and Garden Plants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

If I could give a 0 I would... Ordered a gun safe on the 13th of Sept. Got delivery details that it would be delivered on Friday the 21st. Wife took day off to accept delivery. No show. No call. Go to store to find out what happened. They have no knowledge of my purchase until the young lady that sold it to me called corporate. Said it was lost but they found it and it would be delivered on Monday. Just call to set time. I call. They can't deliver on Monday. No trucks going that way. "It will be delivered when we can get it there" is what I was told... Call back as requested by Tractor Supply and was told it's on the truck. The truck driver had the wrong phone number. Finally arrives at the house to find it crushed. Looks like a forklift ran over it...

Call customer service. They tell me they don't have any in stock and it could be 30 to 90 days before I may be able to get one. But I could upgrade if I would like at my cost... Really!!! At my cost... So I received a bill for the safe already but they said my money would be refunded in 3 to 5 business days. They sure take it fast but return it slow as **. Tractor Supply can kiss my ** for any additional business and I will make sure I steer anyone wanting to buy something from them away. Never saw such incompetence all the way to the top as the district manager was supposed to call and make things right and I guess he has bigger things than this to deal with because he has not called.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

At the beginning of June I purchased a grill online from Tractor Supply. I was given the option to have it delivered to my home so I made the purchase. A week past that delivery date I received a very rude call from the trucking company where they refused to deliver to my home because my driveway would not accommodate a semi truck and I had no way of unloading the grill by myself. I agreed to have the grill shipped to the store and received an email a few days later saying the grill was at the store. When I got there no one knew anything about the grill and they couldn't find my order. I called customer service and cancelled my order and was assured a full refund. A few weeks later I received an email saying the refund was complete. I checked my bank and the money wasn't there. I've emailed twice and called twice but all I get is they say they sent the money and my bank says they didn't receive it. I'm now out $467.31.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

September 1, 2018 we went to Tractor Supply in Gaffney SC to purchase a UTV. We were to put $1,060 down and the remaining balance was being covered by a loan. After paying the $1,060 with our debit card we were then informed by the team leader that they don’t work with the loan company we chose (they told us to go through them by the way). So she then canceled the purchase but then told us we couldn’t receive our refund of $1,060 until Wednesday the next week!! So we agreed but they couldn’t even give us a receipt. They literally gave us a sticky note with a claim number and their signatures on it.

Long story short Wednesday the next week comes and goes and still no refund. We’ve called the store, general manager and corporate all who seem to not give a damn. They can’t even tell us where our money is! Well we have bank statements that it was taken out the same day we swiped the card. Now they are saying money is “orphaned” and they have it but yet they can’t give it back until they clear it with sales which could be up to 2-3 weeks. This is complete BS! They have robbed us and now we have no idea when or if we will receive a refund.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tractor Supply Co.?

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I received poor customer service at the Ontario, NY store but brushed it off as it was a minor purchase (less $20) but an annoying one. I was asked 3 times to fill out a survey. After the 3rd request, (it was raining outside so could not do yard work) so I responded to the survey... A negative one! They ASKED for it! They responded via email the next day asking me to call their customer solution line 877-718-6750 with the reference number provided as I had not answered my phone. That number did not have an option to enter the reference number or talk with the person who sent the email.

I finally punched an option knowing I would get the wrong person. I got "PowerPlus Warranty" and Kate answered the phone responded "our system is being updated right now, call back later". What company would perform maintenance on their system midday? Unless it was their phone system having difficulty, I explained to Kate I didn't need their system available in order to have a discussion, but Kate was not capable of transferring me without the use of their system.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I spend upwards of a $1000 a month and was told to sign up with the Neighbor's Club and I would receive discounts and deals and after a year of being in this club I have received two coupons for a whopping 10% off. What a hell of a reward for the time it takes to give them my phone number so Tractor Supply could keep up with the amount I spent in their store each time and months later and $1000 of dollars I get a big 10% off coupon in my email. What a joke. People stay away from their club. It is a big waste of time.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I changed over to pine pellets to try a better way of controlling cat fecal smells and a different way to deal with litter box duty. It was an expensive and costly experiment. The pine pellets were still messy in the bathrooms. The horror story began 1 month later when 2 of my cats Tipsy & Frisky both went into kidney failure at the same time. The only thing in their environment that changed were the pine pellets. I found out from my vet and internet research that fenals that gas off of pine which give it the pine smell is poisonous to cats and rabbits. Tractor Supply and the manufacturer of the pine pellets assured me that the fenals were baked out of the pellets. Well it seem they were wrong! Now I switched back to clay litter and the cats were nursed back from certain death. Mathematically having 2 cats going into kidney failure with the introduction of pine pellets is pretty conclusive that the pellets were the issue!

I tried to put this review on Tractor Supply’s site but they denied it with some lame excuse, like it did not meet their site’s criteria! It cost me $1000s in vet bills and the pain of watching your animal sick and knowing you indirectly caused it! Well we got Frisky back to good health but eventually she succumbed to the pine pellets. DO NOT USE PINE PELLETS FOR CATS OR RABBITS NO MATTER WHAT THEY TELL YOU! Or you will be telling your beloved animal goodbye, like we just did. This review is in memory of Frisky our beloved pet.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I purchased an extended warranty on my Mighty Mule Gate Opener and when it came time to actually use it Tractor Supply failed to honor the warranty. I requested a technician be sent out to the house to fix the gate opener and they said that they could not do that! Not only am I totally disgusted, I have decided to start purchasing my high ticket items at other big box stores from now on. So buyers beware! Don’t waste your money on extended warranties at Tractor Supply! In my opinion they’re not the company they use to be.

Original review: May 7, 2018

On their site they specify a Price Match Guarantee, however, they will not honor it. I purchased a Carry-On trailer from them, and two days later I found the exact same trailer at a store that was $175 less. I was flat out told, we can't compete with that, and he walked away. I contacted corporate, and was told they couldn't match it because the part numbers didn't match, and they included one of their ads along with the add from the other place, highlighting the part number, however, on the title for the trailer was the exact same part number as the other ad. In addition, their ad showed the trailer being on sale for $150 less than I paid. I replied with both the ad being $150 less along with a photo of the title clearly showing the same part number as the other store's ad. SILENCE! That is all I have heard so far.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I have been coming to Louisa Tractor Supply and more than once have they been rude or act like they don’t see you or don’t want to help customers. Very disappointed and seems like no employees that work there want to work.

Original review: March 16, 2018

Ordered from TRACTOR SUPPLY on a Tuesday needing items for "NEXT DAY" shipping as offered by the website, NOT "NEXT DAY... AFTER TWO DAY PROCESSING DELAY". I paid Approx $99 for the items ordered and $114 for the shipping. The items were not received until Friday afternoon so I requested a shipping refund. It was denied because SOMEWHERE (not where I paid for NEXT DAY shipping) in the process it says there's a two day processing delay for the product I ordered. The "so called" NEXT DAY $114 shipping fee was for the NEXT DAY shipping after the processing delay. Be aware of shipping practices from this place. Read everything. I personally will not do business with a company I have to be so careful with. Pay attention to the details when doing business with TS. Not honest in my opinion.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

BUYER BEWARE: I made an online purchase for a Christmas gift which had to be returned. I delivered the return to the store and handed it over to a clerk, packaged, labeled but still to date they have not refunded my money. They have acknowledged that they have the merchandise but they keep blaming the fact that I have not received a refund on my bank. BS! This is outright theft.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

Went to store in Taunton Ma to purchase coal. When we arrived I asked the register clerk if the coal I needed was available and she said "Yes and No.' Hum? That's a confusing answer. She then explained they had the coal but it had snow on it (bagged coal) from last week's snowstorm and no one had cleaned it off so it was not available for sale. So I left. Later that day (early afternoon) we were out doing errands and when my wife checked the internet for other possible sources, TSC came up and when she checked the website for the store in question, the online inventory said available and ready for pick up. To facilitate the transaction we did an online PayPal and completed the order for online-pick up in the store process.

Since we were nearby we went to the store and the service desk clerk said they inventory showed 38 bags (I needed 12) and she would have JP get it for me and once they got the online transaction, (they had not yet received it) the store would mark it completed. After waiting 10-15 mins the young lady clerk came out and told me there was an issue with the sale and it could not be completed. When I went inside and asked to see the manager I got to wait another 5-10 minutes. When JP the manager came by he told me about his 28 years in retail... yada yada yada... but the inventory was wrong. We left the desk presumably to check and said there some unusable to me rice sized coal even though the inventory noted 39 bags of nut size coal.

No one seemed to care the inventory was wrong, that the clerk in the morning had a cockamamie story, I wasted about 35-40 minutes of my time and gas to go to the store based on their line inventory. I do not care about apologies but none were offered. Nor any other compensation for my waste of time and effort to go to their store based on their mistake. I guess the moral of the story is do not believe what you are told at that store unless you can see and touch the product in which you are interested.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

Bought their advertised 50' rolls of wooden snow fence over the past several years. Not a single roll was ever 50'. Some were only 45' so I complained about it only to be brushed off twice. Then a CSR contacted me and offered to provide me a $50.00 in store e-card which I accepted. "What about the other rolls," I asked. "Sorry but I can only deal with your most recent purchase," she said. I asked her to send the local TSC manager to my home which is only 15 min from the store and see for himself/herself how every single roll is short so perhaps they can rectify this issue with their supplier. They don't want to be bothered. Naturally they tell me the "vendor" claims they are 50' long. I call bull and will never buy from them again!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

Ordered several items online during the Black Friday sale and four days later my entire order was canceled. They will not honor their Black Friday pricing. "Date: Nov 23, 2017. Time: 20:27:49 EST. Status: Canceled. The seller canceled this payment, and the money has been returned to your account."

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I wrote a review on their site for a product I purchased that failed multiple times. It was a low quality unit. "Purchased this product 2 years ago locally. Had to replace it after its first use because it leaked internally and failed. Just went to use it again this year and once more it does not work. Took it apart to find a gasket made of RTV that must have been installed by someone who was unqualified. The motor housing had filled with water and the pump destroyed. Twice in a row same problem. This is not a quality product. Don't support companies that don't take responsibility for the low quality products they sell." This review was deleted by tractor supply twice. It's time for consumers to hold company's accountable for these shady practices. Clearly hiding a negative review so they don't take a hit in sales. How about you just sell a quality product?

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

Bought 2 brooder lamps. One has a short. I took it back, but kept the other, though I don't trust it. They need on/off switch. This is the only kind you have. Will go elsewhere to get another. :(

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

Bought a LT 4200 mower after a friend told me how good they were. Bought it in June of 2015 with an extended warranty through Asurion warranty company. The engine was an MTD engine that was made in China and the 3rd season the engine wouldnt run so contacted Tractor Supply Co. They put me in touch with Asurion as it was out of Tractor Supply warranty. Have contacted Tractor Supply at least 5 times along with Asurion trying to get problem taken care of.

They said that it would be taken care of. It was about a month before Asurion even made my appoint. for it to be picked up. Then the serviceman was unable to get it at that time. So another month went by and finally was picked up on July 22nd. He had some mother with the same engine I had and they were unable to be repaired and that they would probably put a new engine on it. Same brand of engine.

Then was contacted by Asurion that they were looking at a buyout on it as it was too expensive to repair motor. Here it is Sept. 19th and now the Asurion is telling Tractor Supply that they are just going to repair the motor. Been without a mower all summer while these companies played games. I told Tractor this afternoon after they had found this information out that it was unacceptable for that and that I would never buy anything else from them and would damn sure not get any warranty from Asurion.

I will go to WalMart next time and get a mower. Spent 1000.00 dollars on this mower to be able to use it for 2 years. Dont waste your money unless you get one with a different brand of motor. They say a team is only as strong as its weakest link. Well dont use these team to pull grass with. Wont stand up. Very dissatisfied customer.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I bought a 60" CountyLine Fan about 14 months ago. We do not use this during the winter months. I heard a crash only to find out a blade had broken off at the mount. The blades are so big they flex and over time break, when one breaks it takes the rest of them with it. After talking to customer service they did not offer to replace them free of charge. In fact they have none in stock so after it cools down I can pay to get new ones but I cannot order now since they do not have any. My guess is this a very common occurrence, an order cannot be placed. This fan is too big for its aluminum blades. Other than that a good fan.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I have used my 5ft only three times. When we bought it we discussed what we need to do in order to run it. The sales associate assured us that you would only need to buy lube and everything was all set except for that. I want a full refund!!! Do not buy this product! Every pin, nut and bolt came off. The blade then broke because of this. It also chewed the back of my bush hog up and now things get stuck in it. I paid $1100.00 for this piece of equipment for it to break in the matter of days. I should have bought a used John Deere or a good brand cause obviously the factory putting these pieces together don't care if they are properly put together.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

Here is what I wrote on TSC's website: WORTHLESS. Bought this item on June 3rd for my husband. He received it for a birthday present on June 22nd. He used it three times and it stopped pumping. He thought maybe there was something in the pump line, so he tore it apart, put it back together and it still wouldn't work. I returned it to Tractor Supply for a refund and found that they have a 30 day return policy. Their website states it's subject to manager approval after 30 days as to whether you receive cash (if you paid cash) or store credit. The manager of our local TSC decided I was not worthy of a CASH refund; even though, I paid CASH. Anything electrical or that you don't use everyday I absolutely WOULD NOT purchase from TSC. If TSC does not like your comment, they won't publish your comment. Obviously they don't want the public to know about their lack of service.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I went in to get salt for my water softener. After waiting for an associate to put the 40 lb. Bags in my car 20 min passed so I did it myself. This is not the first time this has happened. When you try to get some help no one can help you. This is the last time I am shopping at Tractor Supply Co. in Cobleskill Ny.

Original review: July 16, 2017

I came to Tractor Supply in hopes of finding better prices on various horse supplies like any other day and was let down. For example, I was looking for a Pelham Bit. Found one for $25. Brand new from another business, came here to compare prices. Tractor Supply's price is $42 for the same brand and bit. I love supporting Tractor Supply and am a consistent customer. I just wish Tractor Supply would bring back the better prices I used to find here. I will be shopping elsewhere as far as any horse related products further out.

Original review: July 1, 2017

Paid for extra warranty on air compressor and they would not exchange or money back. We always bought horse feed and tools for years at Lucedale Ms store. Will NOT go back. Mgr was very rude about it also.

Original review: June 29, 2017

Tractor Supply has run 4 ads since the beginning of May for trailers with drop gates various sizes, 5x8, 4x7, and never had any on stock. They give rain checks, that are basically worthless, I ask almost weekly at the local store (Murrysville PA). And they say either "next week", we don't know when they are coming, etc. I contacted their customer service, and get the usual bs, not the way they run business, etc. They gave me another store that had the trailers, but that store wouldn't honor a rain check from the other store. When I posed that question they did not respond. The Murrysville store also did not have push lawnmowers advertised Memorial Day sale! Horrible way to run a business. Basically lie to customers and deceive.

Original review: June 17, 2017

I purchased a Bad Boy mower on 9-19-16 and after bringing it home it would not start. TSC picked up that one and gave another. As of June 2017 it only had 35 hrs on it and now the transmissions were whining. Since they were sealed non serviceable units, I could not add fluid and there were no filters to change. I called customer service which turns out to be cooperate, but they call it service solutions. They bent over backwards to accommodate us to make sure that we were happy and remained a loyal customer. We did not demand free stuff like some do, only a fair deal. We got a new mower, upgraded and got a discount from them.

I'm in my fifties and have been around the block a time or two and I can honestly say that they do care. Granted the store's attitude differ from one to another but that's because they are ran like independently owned businesses, with a series of guidelines. I had the pleasure of dealing with three individuals from the service solutions department that went above and beyond to make sure we were satisfied. I will be emailing their boss to give them the kudos they deserve. Thanks guys, and thank you Tractor Supply for a great experience.

Original review: June 7, 2017

Bought a LT4600 mower 9/19/2016. Used to mow yard one time. The second time the motor will not run right up and down, low, high and backfiring. Called Tractor Supply and was told that is not their problem. I would have to haul it to a town that is 100 miles from me to get it fix. I bought it because it was on sale and thought tractor would stand behind what they sell. I was wrong. I paid cash for the thing and wish I hadn't bought it. I should have known better because I was done the same way with a battery drill purchased from TS. I am 67 years old and disabled. Have no way to haul it.

Original review: May 24, 2017

I received a flyer with sale items and I was visiting in Texas. I went to the Benbrook location to get the grill in a box so I could transport it home easier and they only had the display grill. I also tried to purchase a ride on toy that was advertised on sale and they did not have it. I then called the Meridian, MS store which is where I live and they only had 1 grill in the store. So I tried to purchase it while I was in the phone with the clerk and she said they could not sell it to me over the phone. I then ask her if she would hold it until I returned home in a day or two and she said no they could not hold it either. I have never heard of a store that would not accept a purchase over the phone and why do you advertise items and not have them? Thank you.

Original review: May 22, 2017

I ordered a grill from TSC and set up to have it delivered on Tuesday from 12 to 4. I took off work and waited. No delivery. I called TSC from the email and spoke with a lady who said it was moved to Thursday. I never received an email or notification and was leaving for vacation. She routed it to drop at the store. On Sunday I called the store they had it there but no idea why or what for. I informed them of the situation and they said they spoke to corporate and no one knew. I told them I had a new order number for it. I called Monday morning and they informed me the order was canceled. I was done dealing with them. No one communicates, the company internally does not communicate and I called my credit card to dispute it because it was not even canceled on the card. I have stock in TSC and have watched it drop and I understand why.

Tractor Supply Co. Company Information