Call toll free
3.32/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

TotalProtect, along with its parent company Cross Country Home Services, is a leading home warranty provider with 37 years in the industry. TotalProtect offers coverage for appliances, heating and cooling systems, plumbing, electrical and more. The company offers an industry-leading 6-month guarantee on covered repairs.

3264 TotalProtect Home Warranty Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 20, 2019

You may want to consider putting the same monthly fee in a savings account or find a local home repair company that offers the same service. I've paid the membership fee for over 2 years. Had a leak in my bedroom shower stall on a Saturday that was leaking through the upstairs floor so I had to turn the main water valve off. Called Total Protect, they assigned a plumber who was not available over the weekend. I was able to put a temporary shut off valve so I could turn the main water valve back on. I finally got a different plumber to come out late Monday evening who accessed to problem, who COLLECTED MY $100 DEDUCTIBLE (GI-TECHS) and I never heard from them again. Total Protect was unable to reach them. Now I am out $100 and one day loss of work. A third plumber was assigned and he is only available from 7am - 3pm. Meaning I would have to take another day off from work More Loss $$$. Customer Service seemed to be ok with this type service and did absolutely nothing to help me. Other than tell me to WAIT a little longer. I have requested a refund of the $100 Deductible since Total Protect did not honor their part of the warranty by allowing GI-Tech to collect my money and not provide the service. As of 3/20/19 I am 11 days and my shower is still broken. I am going to Lowes, buy the parts and hire a local plumber to complete the repairs. I have made my last payment to Total Protect.

TotalProtect Home Warranty response

Cedric, I'm sorry to hear about this experience. The service you've received is definitely not the level of service we aim to provide. We’ll be glad to look into your claim to see how we can help expedite the resolution. My team will review and contact you back directly. Sincerely, Amanda

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 19, 2019

It took 4 months to finally fix my washing machine. It broke down Oct 25; we got a quick initial response, but it took 6 visits, 2 vendors, and 4 months until it was finally fixed. I petitioned the company many times for a new machine, or other remedy, to no avail. I even emailed the VP of Operations, and was ignored. They will say they called me to "check" on the status, but that was not what I wanted. I asked what I was supposed to do for 4 months without a working washing machine, and they just kept referring me to the vendor repairing the machine. They kept finding things wrong with it, supplies were delayed several weeks, and no action taken by TotalProtect. They do not have a policy of giving you a new appliance after a certain number of visits; nor does complaining help. Their one and only policy is as long as the service vendor says it can be fixed, you must wait until it is fixed. Even if it takes 4 months or more.

TotalProtect Home Warranty response

Keith, We are sorry to hear this was your experience. It is never our intention to delay the resolution of a claim, although in some instances it may take more than one visit to completely resolve the problem. We appreciate the time you took to provide this feedback. - Amanda

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 16, 2019

I have been a customer for over 13 years and the provider use to do a satisfactory job back in the day. The last 4-5 years the service quality went downhill as though as they don't care about customer service because there are no ramifications if they do a terrible job and have the customer wait for a replacement part. Currently, my water heater went down in Nov, 2018 and I have been out of hot water for 4.5 months and going. It is currently the winter months which makes it even more difficult. To this day, they ordered the wrong size water heater even after taking down serial numbers, model numbers, etc. twice. They refuse to do a conference call with the service provider and I to schedule an appointment as the provider does return phone calls to install my water heater. Once the service provider did return a "text" I waited all day and he did not show up (happened once before). After calling in everyday and insisting they try resolve this they just drag it along and makes me seriously wonder if they are running a ponzi scheme. Good customer service would have had this resolved in 2 weeks.

TotalProtect Home Warranty response

Ashvin - I am disappointed to hear of the ongoing delays with your water heater claim, and will be glad to investigate to see how we can get this resolved as quickly as possible. A member of my team will call you directly to address your concerns once your claim has been reviewed. Sincerely, Christine

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 14, 2019

Ceiling fan broke and needed to be replaced. Warranty rep called, told me they could send $150 FOR THE FAN. I would have to pay for the rod and extra time for the contractor to rent a tall enough ladder. Okay. DIDN'T EXPLAIN I HAD TO ALSO PAY FOR REGULAR LABOR TIME if I took the payout. When the contractor called me and explained this, I immediately called back - 22 minutes after I hung up the first time. I was told it was too late, they couldn't do anything for me. Asked for a Supervisor, was called 2 days later. Told same thing, on voice mail. Called back - twice - to get to a manager that I could actually speak to. Finally did, and I explained the entire situation, especially about how the rep didn't fully explain my options - I asked her to please listen to the call so she could hear it for herself - and the fact that I called back 22 minutes later, long before the claim had been processed, but it took 2 days for anyone to call me back. I also explained that the first time the technician came out, I paid my $125 fee, and he was here for all of 20 minutes. Why would I ever agree to pay additional labor charges when I didn't even get $120 worth of work? That would be stupid and I am not stupid. She seemed to understand and I had a little more confidence when she said she would speak to her manager and call me the next day, and that if she had to leave a voice mail she would leave her extension so I could call back and speak to her. Never called me back, but I got another voice mail from someone different, saying it was too late, with no extension. 22 MINUTES LATER IS TOO LATE???? Especially since the first representative did not explain the entire process to me so that I could understand. I spent a total of 81 minutes on the phone with various people trying to explain, and I swear all they cared about was their process, 2 days after the fact, since that is when a Supervisor finally called me back. I will be looking for another warranty company....

TotalProtect Home Warranty response

Sandy, We’re sorry to hear of the effort you put forth trying to resolve your claim for your ceiling fan. We appreciate your feedback and will complete a full review of your claim to ensure you were provided with the full benefit your warranty provides. I assure you it is never too late to ensure your claim is handled properly. Sincerely, Christine

Original review: March 9, 2019

I called in a claim for a covered item almost two months ago. It remains broken. Total Protect Warranty has still not settled this claim. They sent out a contractor who did repairs, but would not provide an invoice. I have made over 30 phone calls to get my covered item repaired. Each time I call, I get a new person and have to begin explaining all over. I have been assigned 6 Case Workers, have spoken with 7 Managers, and probably 40 customer service representatives. None of them follow through, or have any capability of making a decision of actually resolving a claim. This is a game they are playing, hoping that I will become so frustrated that I will just give up, and then they won't have to pay. I have filed a complaint with the BBB and the Dept. of Consumer Affairs.

TotalProtect Home Warranty response

Mary, I’m sorry to hear about this experience. Your feedback is very important to us and we’d like to speak with you to address your concerns. I have located your account and will have a member from my team review your claim and follow up with you personally. - Austin

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TotalProtect Home Warranty?

Original review: March 9, 2019

Every claim that have made has caused frustration and a lot of my time being on the phone trying to resolve.

I placed a claim for my furnace and they provided a technician who confirmed an appointment and didn’t show up. They sent someone else after a week and he resolved the issue. About 2 weeks later, the furnace acts up again for similar problem. I called and they issued this as a recall and sent the same person over. The technician made
Me pay another $125 and after i kept refusing, I finally gave in because the work had to be done(it was freezing outside). 2 weeks later same issue and another recall and the warranty company assured me I won’t have to pay. So they send the same technician and same result....he wants the $125. After being on the phone with the warranty company for an hour there is nothing that comes out of it other then them telling me that I should not pay yet they don’t get on the phone with the vendor. My whole day of work is wasted trying to resolve this and I’m so

Tired I end up paying.

This is just one example of many.

I use a different warranty company for my other home and I have never had such issues as things are so efficient and they actually get on the phone with the technician to resolve scheduling or payment issues. I don’t have to spend half a day at work on the phone.

TotalProtect Home Warranty response

Mark, I'm sorry to hear about the struggles you experienced during your furnace claim. This definitely does not reflect the level of service we aim to provide. My team will follow up with you personally to address your concerns. - Amanda

Original review: March 8, 2019

We've been using TotalProtect for eight years now. We usually submit claims by calling in and every time we've called them, we've had good luck with them. But it's strange that they don't work on ice makers that come with the refrigerators. The biggest hassle we have was when we had a microwave that went out. Our unit is almost two years now. We had individuals from Sears coming out and they didn't know anything. They were just crazy. Luckily, they’re gonna cost us a one time copay because they kept messing it. It would run by itself even if I set the timer. The time will go off and I'd open the door, but it’d still be running so it was a danger. Finally, they replaced it and everything's been going along fine since then.

All of the Sears technicians that I've come in contact with are fantastic. But before TotalProtect changed over to use the Sears package, they were sending a bunch of dummies out who didn't know what they were doing. It was obvious. They’d walk the door saying that they do not know what was going on. Many years ago we had Sears, so our home warranty was through them. There were some bad in there too, but all of the gentleman and a young lady who came out here, they helped fix my wife's dishwasher. I couldn't ask for a nicer bunch. They were very well-mannered and knew what they were doing. Although most of the young guys they get didn't. But 9 times out of 10 the problems get fixed the first time.

The only drawback, this year they started with, if they couldn't fix it, they would replace it. They gotta send this under the pre-terms. It was our whole thing because we're retired now and the air-condition unit is $7,000. If we lose it, they pay the first $1,500, which is a help, but that still leaves a lot of money for somebody that's on a fixed income. They dropped down most of everything else. Another thing was when our garage door messed up. Our vehicle was trapped inside. The technician got the door up, but bent it. They wouldn't do anything about that, and the panels are $1,100.

It seems like every spring, something would be wrong with the air-conditioner, but not anything major. The gentleman TotalProtect sent out fixed it within five minutes. There were bugs in there, but he was able to figure it out. My wife and I both have asthma, and we can't do without air-conditioner in the summertime. And then always on those days when we find it hard to breathe in the spring, and humidity is 900%. Other than that, I've had no problem with TotalProtect.

TotalProtect Home Warranty response

David, Thanks for sharing! Keep in mind we are here to answer all of your home management questions, even the ones you are uncertain of. - Angela

Original review: March 8, 2019

I've been with TotalProtect for 10 years now. Their deductibles used to be $25, $35, $50, $75, but now it's getting high at $175. And I've had issues with contractors they've sent us in the past. Sometimes it’s hard to understand them or some don't have the proper customer etiquette. But the experience I had with my most recent claim was very good. It was for our heater that wasn't working. We have a family member who's ill, and so we needed to have heat in the house. When TotalProtect realized that it was an urgent matter, they expedited our claim and a tech came out the next day. He was very helpful, very personable and he was able to fix the situation rapidly. He had to order parts but he fixed the problem the following day.

TotalProtect Home Warranty response

Jose, Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. We strive to provide an effortless claim experience for our customers and it’s great to know that overall, you were pleased with our service. - Austin

Original review: March 8, 2019

I have been with TotalProtect for almost 13 years and their customer service is great. I decided to stay because of the low premium. Also, submitting a claim is very easy. I just go online and file one. They then give me a claim number and I call the vendor. The technicians who have been sent out were excellent. Most of them are military veterans and being a veteran myself, we have a lot to talk about when they come to my house. So far, the quality of the work performed is great. I’ve had my water heater as well as my air conditioning and heating unit repaired. They also worked on the plumbing system, refrigerator, and stove. I've had one appointment for most of them and they haven't had to come back for anything.

TotalProtect Home Warranty response

Anthony, It is our pleasure to provide great service partners and stress-free repairs. We appreciate you taking the time to share your claim experience with us. - Austin

Original review: March 8, 2019

I heard about TotalProtect through a neighbor and went with them from that recommendation. I've been with them for two years now and my experiences have been excellent. Sometimes during a particular transaction, I called and that operator didn’t seem to know what was going on. The call might have gotten routed to another call center and that person didn’t seem to wanna do anything about it. But I just kept calling back and then I got someone who knows what she was doing. Their automated system is a pain in the neck to navigate. It got frustrating because I have to really navigate to what I want and the choices were confused but I needed to navigate to a representative from TotalProtect. However, after I submitted the claim, the first operator routed me back to the local company that was supposed to fix the problem and that was not what I wanted. That guy didn’t seem like he didn’t wanna do anything.

The technicians have been excellent as well. The first time the technician came, he saw what the problem was and determined I needed a new hot water tank. But he didn’t have a large in size and so he needed to order it. I called TotalProtect to order the tank but then when the technician went to pick it up, the wrong one was ordered so I had to wait a few more days but that was okay. Overall, I would recommend them. I just hope TotalProtect could drop the price down.

TotalProtect Home Warranty response

Paul, We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We are happy to hear that overall, you’ve been pleased with the benefits your home warranty provides. – Austin

Original review: March 8, 2019

I’ve been a TotalProtect member for years and my experience with them has been good with the exception of taking six weeks to get our air conditioner fixed this summer. We had someone come out quickly. They thought it was one thing then tried to fix it, but it was something else. We’ve had a lot of back-and-forths and inconsistent messages back in the summer with our air conditioner getting it fixed. It went out around mid-July and it didn’t get fixed till almost September. I called TotalProtect almost every day trying to get an update. It was so unacceptable it took six weeks to get it fixed.

My husband was very frustrated and just felt like it was a scam. He was at the point where he wanted me to cancel the service. But I told him my other experiences with more minor repairs of appliances and different things have been very positive. I didn’t wanna let that be the one thing that caused us to be completely dissatisfied. I assured him that typically the services had been very prompt.

TotalProtect should make sure that when people call in, their representatives put detailed and crisp notes. Every time I called in, I had to reiterate over six weeks of the history of everything. I didn’t get a lot of resolution until I started skipping the regular reps and just ask to speak with a supervisor. I had to show a lot of frustration and almost attitude to get to people that could either make decisions or give me answers. I felt like I wasted weeks.

TotalProtect Home Warranty response

Stacey, We truly apologize for the inconvenience caused. This is definitely not what we want our customers to experience. Should you like further assistance please respond to this message with the best time to reach you. Respectfully, Christine

Original review: March 7, 2019

I've been using TotalProtect for a long time and I have no complaints, except for the 14 days it took to get a water heater. That was ridiculous. I was expecting three days, but it was 11 days too long. I couldn’t get a hold of anybody and that was part of the frustration. All I got was the little gal and she was absolutely great. She just couldn’t help me. I said I needed to talk to a supervisor and I explained to her that it was not her fault as she listened to me and she did a fine job with that. The supervisor called me four days later. By that time, I was getting completely and utterly frustrated.

The people that TotalProtect sent out looked at the water heater and told me to put one in that day. And then, they came back and said that TotalProtect decided to use their water heater and they paid for it which was nice although it was day late and a dollar short. I didn’t have to spend $1,000 to get a new water heater, but still, I was completely and utterly unhappy. If this ever happens again, I am switching and going somewhere else. My insurance company offered this one and I thought about switching before, but TotalProtect has been so good. I didn’t see a reason to. I have all kinds of claims with TotalProtect and they have been fabulous that’s why I've always been so happy and that’s why I was so flabbergasted as to what was happening. I'm trying to emphasize the one and only complaint. Overall, I highly recommend them.

TotalProtect Home Warranty response

Larry, Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. We aim to provide an effortless claim experience for our customers and it’s great to know that overall, you were pleased with our service. - Christine

Original review: March 7, 2019

TotalProtect's automated system is ridiculous. There are so many questions they ask you, and it takes too long to get to a customer rep. And I don't have too many qualms with their reps. It's just that it seems like they're foreigners and it takes so long to understand them. I find it easier going online, if I could get through online due to my problem on my computer. But I've been with TotalProtect for 10 years now and anytime I had a problem, it was all taken care of. The technicians have been excellent and I haven't had a problem with any of them.

TotalProtect Home Warranty response

Adam, We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us, we are constantly updating our processes in order to create a better customer experience. We will ensure your feedback is provided to the appropriate department for handling. We are happy to hear that overall, you’ve been pleased with our service. - Angela

Original review: March 7, 2019

Bank of America referred me to TotalProtect Home Warranty. I thought that I could get peace of mind through them just like other insurance. My experience was good and I'm satisfied so far that's why I'm keeping them.

TotalProtect Home Warranty response

Harish, Thank you for your loyalty and for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are happy to hear that TotalProtect has met your needs. - Austin

Original review: March 7, 2019

A furnace at my rental property stopped working. I filed a claim with TotalProtect and that experience went smoothly. The repair company they sent out had great customer service and I was really happy with them. The supplier didn't have the part we needed so we had to wait a couple of days to get that but everything was rectified and fixed within a week. I was happy with the service I got.

TotalProtect Home Warranty response

Chad, Our goal is to provide homeowners like you with reliable service and we are happy to hear we delivered. Thank you for being a loyal customer! - Amanda

Original review: March 7, 2019

My experience with TotalProtect Home Warranty was very good. I've been with them for many years. Submitting claims by phone works very well for me and I'm very happy. When the air conditioning wasn't cooling, James, the tech, went up on the roof and fixed it right away. He was very nice and efficient. The previous year we also had an issue with the air conditioning and it took three visits before it was fixed. The same people came in to fix it this time and they knew how to fix it, which was why James was able to do it so quickly.

TotalProtect Home Warranty response

Kathryn, We aim to provide fast and efficient service, and we are glad to hear that you were pleased with your visit. Thank you – Christine

Original review: March 6, 2019

My experience with TotalProtect has been good. But they wait until the item that they're fixing is ready to fall apart before they replace it with a new one. I just had a 17 years old washing machine serviced, and I was surprised that they decided to just fix it and not replace it with a new one. But as far as submitting claims with them, it's very easy to do. Either submitting a claim online or over the phone is fine. The last couple of times I did it online and it worked well, although sometimes it's nice to talk to a live person.

The technicians that have been out to our home have all been very good. Although, there's no continuity with the technicians. For example, I've had to have my air conditioner unit serviced for several years in a row, and it was always somebody different coming out from a different company. If TotalProtect could keep the same company, there would be more continuity and they would know the items better. But other than that, TotalProtect has been very good.

Patricia, Excellent service is what we aim to provide! – Angela

Original review: March 6, 2019

I originally had a home warranty through Sears, and I did the comparisons and I got a better deal through TotalProtect. I usually submit my claim online and their website is fine. I think anyone who has a warranty would like to see the providers' names because there are some providers that we wouldn't wanna use again. Most of the technicians they've sent have been fine but there have been a couple that were kinda disasters. We had a couple of problems with the quality of work that was done, but overall, it has been fine.

TotalProtect Home Warranty response

Spencer, Thanks for sharing! Keep in mind we are here to answer all of your home management questions, even the ones you are uncertain of. - Amanda

Original review: March 6, 2019

My daughter told me about TotalProtect Home Warranty and how she was so pleased with it. So, I thought it was something good to have and I went with them. However, the last time I submitted a claim was really a problem and it made me wonder whether I had the plan or not. I was trying to get someone to check my garage door as I was having a problem opening and closing it.

However, the lady whom I spoke to told me I did not have coverage. She made a really big mistake because it took me several days before I was able to get somebody. I had to call my daughter and she found out that I did have coverage. I then had to call back TotalProtect and find someone and they couldn’t find anyone to come. That was a big problem with the lady whom I spoke with initially. She should have known what kind of coverage I had.

Eventually, a contractor came but still, it was about a week before they checked my problem. I couldn't leave my home for several days. Still, when the tech came here, the service was excellent and he seemed to know what he was doing. My garage door didn't need any fixing and there was something interfering with what controls the opening and closing. Even so, I would like TotalProtect's employees to know who have coverage, who do not have coverage and not make a mistake like that again.

TotalProtect Home Warranty response

Albertine, We’re sorry to hear that you were provided incorrect information. We strive to provide accurate information on every interaction with our customers, and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. It’s good to know that overall you have been pleased with your warranty experience. - Angela

Original review: March 6, 2019

When TotalProtect first came out, it was through my bank. I was told that it's a good program so I went with it. It's helped out a lot so far. I'd make a phone call when filing a claim and usually talk to an actual agent. He was very thorough and quick. I’m usually off the phone within two minutes. He said everything else would be no problem and it worked out great for me. The technicians that came out were polite, knew what they were doing, and got the job done as quickly as possible. I've had very good experiences all the times I’ve used TotalProtect.

TotalProtect Home Warranty response

John, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are here to help for all your warranty needs to provide a peace of mind. Have a great day! - Austin

Original review: March 6, 2019

TotalProtect Home Warranty is wonderful. I'm very pleased. Pick up the phone and call them, or you can even do it online, and then they would have somebody out. I haven't had that much go wrong since we built the house 14 years ago. They're very courteous, fast-acting and reliable. Everybody has been wonderful, except one, and I will never have that plumber back to my house again. I contacted TotalProtect and they told me not to worry about it. He was so bad I went to the Better Business Bureau about it.

When things go wrong, it can get rather expensive. I've had my dryer replaced by TotalProtect and I just had a garbage disposal replaced by them. I pay up to $48 a month, and it's $125 when they came out, which is a lot cheaper. I have a sink I had to have fixed. I called the plumber and he wanted $275. So, I called TotalProtect to get it fixed for $125. The quality of work has been great. I referred my HVAC guy back to do maintenance on my HVAC unit now. I have recommended TotalProtect. Most people I know have them because it's the best in town. My son has them also and so does my daughter.

TotalProtect Home Warranty response

Sharon, Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. We strive to provide an effortless claim experience for our customers and it’s great to know that overall, you were pleased with our service. - Austin

Original review: March 5, 2019

I got some information in the mail from TotalProtect but I got it through my bank that had the mortgage. It was very easy submitting a claim. The reps were excellent and the technicians were very good. I’ve been a customer since 2008. I’ve had just a few claims over the years but they’ve always been excellent in follow-up, customer service and how they approached the various repairs. In some cases, they had to repair the appliance and recently, I had my heat pump go out. They evaluated it and they had to replace the whole unit. So, I'm quite satisfied. Whatever TotalProtect is doing, they need to continue doing it because for me, it has been a very good experience.

TotalProtect Home Warranty response

Grace, We are delighted to hear that we’ve been able to satisfy your home warranty needs and appreciate your feedback. Our ultimate goal is to provide an effortless claim experience and make managing home repairs easy. Thank you for being a truly valued customer! Sincerely, Christine

Original review: March 5, 2019

My husband almost always sets up our claims online. Then, I deal with the scheduling and get it all lined up. At this point, we know exactly what to expect with TotalProtect and we've been really happy with the service that we get. We've had a couple of experiences recently wherein we would call in and tell them that something wasn't working and their reps say that they would assign me to somebody. When I find that I've already had that contractor before and they're terrible, I call back TotalProtect and asked them to reassign me to somebody different as I wasn't happy with the provider they initially assigned. Total Protect has made that happen within days.

For major appliances, they call up Sears first. However, they don't work very well with the whole warranty thing. They would send somebody to diagnose our issue, then send a second person whom we think would fix it but then the second person would also be a diagnoser. Everyone's confused and by the third time somebody shows up, they'll insist that we have to pay them the deductible again, even though we paid the first guy.

Currently, my dishwasher is not fixed and the problem is really not TotalProtect. Instead, it's Sears. With the exception of Sears, every other contractor sent by TotalProtect has been super clear with communication. We've been really happy with TotalProtect. They’ve been able to change the provider very quickly and get me somebody new in my home within days.

TotalProtect Home Warranty response

Carissa, Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that we have provided you with excellent service. We are sorry to hear that your interaction with our Sears technician was less than satisfactory. We are here to help, and will do whatever we can to ensure you have a positive experience in the future. Thank you! – Austin

Original review: March 5, 2019

Having a warranty is very valuable with the situation that me and my wife are in with the house. It gives peace of mind and we can call TotalProtect if something goes wrong then they'll have somebody come out to check it out for us. When submitting claims, we do it over the phone and the reps are very informative and helpful. The timeframe they give us to expect the normally takes two days and they are meeting that. The technician would come in, introduce himself, go over the equipment, tell us what he thought was wrong with it then order the parts. We had to reschedule for him to come back and install the parts after it arrives. Overall, TotalProtect is a very good company. They are very thoughtful people, they helped us out and followed through with everything they told us. We're very satisfied with what they did.

TotalProtect Home Warranty response

Donald, Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. We strive to provide an effortless claim experience for our customers and it’s great to know that overall, you’ve been pleased with our service. - Amanda

Original review: March 5, 2019

Submitting a claim to TotalProtect was very easy and the reps were very nice. Plus, the response time was immediate. The technician did a good job and the quality of work was excellent. The staff that you speak with is extremely friendly and very helpful. I was concerned when I made the call initially that there was gonna be some reason why they would say that they couldn't do it, but they didn't. It was much easier and went smoother than I thought it would be. I have recommended TotalProtect.

TotalProtect Home Warranty response

Sheri - Our claims process is quick and simple, and we’re committed to being available 24 hours a day to answer any questions you may have. We are happy to hear you’ve had an excellent experience, and hope to have you as our customer for many years to come. Have a great day! - Amanda

Original review: March 5, 2019

I call TotalProtect to put in a service request and everything has been really good. The people come out the next day or two days later and fix the problem. Once, a guy came and he came early in the morning. He came later in the evening with the replacement part and fixed it. I've also gone online and have seen that there's been a lot of bad reviews but I've filed three claims now and all of them have been excellent.

TotalProtect Home Warranty response

Kenneth, Our goal is to provide quick and efficient service and repairs and we are happy to know that has been your experience. Thank you for sharing. - Christine

Original review: March 4, 2019

I've been in situations in the past where appliance and different things have gone out. And so, since I have purchased a new home, I decided to have some protection just in case. They help out ease the cost and the burden. We've had TotalProtect for three months now and I submitted a claim for a little issue I had on my dishwasher. They were very responsive, and they got me taken care of within a week. The dishwasher had a board that control everything and it had gone out. So, the tech ordered a new board and put it in and it's been running like new ever since. He was nice and did his job. My experience so far has been great.

TotalProtect Home Warranty response

Cordero, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are here to help for all your warranty needs to provide a peace of mind. Have a great day! - Austin

Original review: March 4, 2019

Every time I call TotalProtect to get something done, I get it fixed right away. I submitted one claim about less than a month ago, and they told me who to call. The contractor came out here the next day, found out what was wrong with it, ordered a part and brought it back the next week, and fixed it. That technician was great. The quality of work is wonderful.

TotalProtect Home Warranty response

Milton - Our main goal is to make managing home repairs easy, and we are glad to hear you are pleased with our service. We appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback, and hope to have you as our customer for many years to come! Sincerely, Angela

Original review: March 4, 2019

My house is 20 years old and I wanna make sure that I have coverage in case something happened. I got TotalProtect and so far, I've had two claims with them. One of them was absolutely terrible. It was when my hot water went out. I called TotalProtect and that night, they gave me the number of a plumber to fix it. I spent the next day and a half trying to call the guy but he never responded to me. So, I called TotalProtect again and they got another guy who did respond. I was without hot water for 10 days before he came and changed it. It was a lot of back and forth and he pretended that TotalProtect didn't tell him to pick up the heater.

Finally, when the guy came after 10 days, he was extremely unprofessional. I didn't even know if he's a licensed plumber 'cause he didn't have a company truck. But he left boxes and garbage in my front yard, threw the heater at the end of my driveway, trekked muddy footprints from my front door all the way down to around the basement, and flushed the water which flooded the carpet in my basement. I had to clean after him, my yard and my house. I also had to dry my carpets out and thankfully, they were not ruined. It's not the work a professional plumber would do. It was way too long and really bad service. The second experience was good though. It was for a washing machine issue which was because of the water being out. The tech had to fix a part. He was very professional and he took care of the issue in a day.

TotalProtect Home Warranty response

Scott, Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that our customer service team has provided you with excellent service. We are sorry to hear that your interaction with one of our service providers was less than satisfactory. We are here to help, and will do whatever we can to ensure you have a positive experience in the future. Thank you! – Austin

Original review: March 4, 2019

I have been with TotalProtect for years and I've never had any problem with them except for my dryer. We had three different people come out to look at it. One guy put new parts on it and in less than two months, I was having the same problem. A gentleman came out today and said it was not worth putting any more money in it because it's quite old. They had put a couple of hundred dollars’ worth of parts in there, but it's still not running right. Nevertheless, everyone at TotalProtect is really nice and very helpful. I live in a rural area and they make sure that I get someone out that services my area. Plus the technicians are very professional and thorough. They let us know if they run into a problem or if they see a problem.

TotalProtect is doing a great job and I always tell people about them. In fact, I have it too in my other house. I did not like all the other protections that I called about and other people tried to get me to change but I would not. Price-wise, I can’t complain. If I don’t need their service, I still pay and when I need the service, they always come through.

TotalProtect Home Warranty response

Gwendolynm,Fantastic service is what we aim to provide, and we are excited to hear that you were extremely pleased. Thanks for the kind words. – Austin

TotalProtect Home Warranty expert review by Michele Lerner

TotalProtect Home Warranty, headquartered in Sunrise, Florida, is part of the Cross Country Home Services, Inc. family of home-related companies, which has been in business since 1980. TotalProtect offers three different plan options, so consumers can select which systems or appliances they want covered.

• Guarantee of work: Unlike most home warranty companies, TotalProtect Home Warranty provides an 180-day guarantee on all service work provided under their warranty policy, so consumers have six months to follow-up on service calls if the results were unsatisfactory.

• Service providers: TotalProtect has 40,000 screened service providers around the country. In addition, consumers are surveyed after every service call and their comments are included in the company’s “Dynamic Vendor Rating System.”

• Price options: Consumers can choose to pay $75, $100 or $125 for each service call. The monthly premium will be lower if customers select a higher service call fee, which the company refers to as a deductible.

• Customer service: TotalProtect customers with questions about their policy or who need to request service can reach a U.S.-based customer service representative 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Representatives are available 365 days a year.

• Limit amounts: The total limit for claims on the least costly policy is $10,000 and the limit per appliance on that policy is $1,500; higher limits apply on other policies.

• Best for: first-time buyers, home sellers, owners of older homes and real estate agents.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

TotalProtect Home Warranty Company Information