Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.18/5

Banner image

Looking for cleaning services?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Banner image

Looking for cleaning services?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Tide Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tide?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tide?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

I have used Tide all of my adult life (50+ years). I began using the pods soon after they came out and I love the convenience of them. I began to notice that my dark clothes began to look as though they had soap left in them. I even bought a brand new washing machine thinking that was my problem. Imagine my disappointment when I am still finding soap residue on my clothes! Today a part of the pod that did not dissolve was left on a pair of pants. Looks like I am going to stop using a product I have loved for years.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

Is there any lawyer out there that would take on Proctor & Gamble? They did not notify on package or at store that the formula had been changed on their Tide Original product, therefore, misleading the consumer. Furthermore, Proctor & Gamble is still calling it “Tide Original” which can not be. The smell is now disturbing, offending, and misleading a lot of people. They should have just created a new product for that change! Please bring the old product back!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

I have always used Tide. Now I am trying to figure out what Tide did? I actually switched to Tide because I get allergic reactions/hives/breakouts/ lesions... This detergent has left not just myself but my girls itching so bad. And the Tide Company has known about this issue for a very long time. All I did was google, ”Tide yellow Container,” all the comments about this product... The FB community reached out to Tide and their own reps are doing nothing but apologizing, giving free coupons and nothing else. This needs to be fixed.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

I purchased Tide Original scent at the end of December 2019. Last night, I opened the bottle and ran a standard load of laundry. I noticed when I put the clothes in the dryer that there was a strong scent, but didn’t think much of it. It was a different story when it came out of the dryer. The scent was very strong. I didn’t realize how strong until I was at the office and noticed that I couldn’t get away from the scent. The smell was so strong that I started getting a headache! My office mate noticed as well. It’s like it puts off a chemical fume. Now I need to figure out how to eliminate the Tide odor. Never had this issue before, but I’m never buying Tide again.

Normally I would donate something that I’m not using, but will pour down the drain. Anything that chemically strong has got to be a health hazard. Interesting note: my Dad has been coming over in the last few months and the family noticed a very unpleasant smell to his clothes. NOW I get it! It’s the same smell, and he had just switched to Tide. Yuck!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

I started using Tide with Downy in 2013 when my son was wearing cloth diapers. I was recommended to use tide to thoroughly clean and remove stains and odors. Well, I decided to wash some of our clothes one day, and I fell in love. We’ve never bought ANY OTHER BRAND SINCE!!! We are a family of 6 including a man and 4 boys, so we go through a LOT of detergent!! I always just buy another bottle before my last bottle runs out so I never run out.

Well I used the last cup to wash, and when I went to do the next load and used the new bottle, I was literally disgusted. If the trash wouldn’t have already ran, I would’ve gotten the old bottle just to reminisce the smell!!! My parents started using it also in 2013 when my mom noticed my clothes smelled so good. She was highly disappointed as well when the scent changed!! The new formula smells disgusting and way too strong, and the old scent smelled clean like a baby. Please consider changing the formula back to the original!!! I stopped buying it, and unfortunately started using Gain!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I notice that the average stars is above 4, that would be I everything above 1 star is from before they changed the scent. My wife did the laundry and I put on my favourite hoodie. The smell made me nauseous and burned my nostrils. We are throwing out what we have left and sending Tide a letter asking for a refund. I can't believe this product has been tested and made it to production. Everyone in the focus group must have been more concerned about trying to be on a commercial than telling the truth about the product.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

Changing the scent of the Tide with April Fresh Downy was a big mistake. Smells horrible!!!! The other original scent has been around for a while and a favorite of many. Now I will never buy the April Fresh tide again. They will lose a lot of customers for sure.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I love love the original scent Tide until they changed the scent!! It is the worst smelling detergent I’ve ever smelled!! I grew up on tide and it’s all I ever use, but since changing the original scent I refuse to use it!! Please bring back the original scent tide! (I didn’t even want to give it a one star but I guess I had to.)

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I have been using Tide laundry Detergent for 20 years since college. For the past 5 months I have had hives and a VERY itchy rash and could not figure out what was causing it and have finally figured it out, TIDE! I have had steroid shots and am currently undergoing allergy patch testing because of it. I even switched to free and clear tide and still had skin rash. Why would you change something that is clearly causing skin irritation in many of your customers?!? I have found many similar complaints on the Tide Facebook page and blogs. Tide has lost a loyal customer and I am switching to a more trusted brand.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

I've always used Gains laundry soap and once in awhile I'll get Tide but I noticed that once I used it, it broke me out and had a rash almost everywhere on my body. Never will I buy it again. I hate it.

Tide Company Information