4.40/5
Based on 50 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

50 Tide Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 18, 2018

Used Tide most of my life and my mother used it also. Great product. I recommend it. Had a t-shirt that was in the trunk of my car for about 2 years, threw it in the wash. Washed it along with some rags and I'd be damned if it didn't turn out clean.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I have tried many brands over the time but always come back to Tide and I have been using this brand for over 40 years. Tide has always been the best for cleaning - my clothes are brighter than other brands. It removes stains without much pre-spotting and I can use cold water with every load. Less fuzzies on my clothes and less wrinkles prior to drying them. My only problem is the cost because it is always higher than other detergents. So I have to wait for Tide to go on sale but even then, it's still expensive. Some coupons would help but I rarely see any come in the mail. So, consider that to improve, if needed, Sales!

Get expert buying tips about Household Cleaning Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 17, 2018

This detergent has a variety of scents and a couple of different strengths which is great for the public who either have older machines or new ones.

Original review: June 16, 2018

It is not a bad detergent and it does the job but it is not super and I have not found one that was! I would like to know if there is indeed a better washing detergent.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I use Tide Sport of all the Tide products. The only reason is because it makes my clothes smell great even after being hung in the closet for weeks. The downside is the detergent is that it leaves residue on the clothes. I can feel it after I wash my clothes. If no due detergents smelled as great as Tide Sport I would change it. Since I like the smell I’m sticking with it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tide?

Original review: June 14, 2018

Great product. The price seems to be all over the map but generally worth it. Seems to go a long way and don’t have any issues. Considering using a subscription type model to purchase.

Original review: June 13, 2018

Tide seems to make my whites dingy and yellow looking. I no longer use this product because it also breaks my oldest son's skin out. I have also tried using less detergent but it seems to still build up in my washer, even when I do not extra rinse cycle.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I cannot get some stains out that are created by use of floor wash or commercial products. Have tried the Tide pen and it didn't work. Tried Arm and Hammer, and it worked.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I've tried to "save" money and used about every detergent on the market, always returning to Tide. It is simply the best detergent.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I have always used Tide and liked the smell of the laundry soap. I always talk about how it leaves my clothes smelling clean and feeling so fresh .

Original review: June 9, 2018

Love Tide. Have been using it for years as it is better than other detergents. Get clothes clear and fresher and does a great job even in cold water. It was same detergent my mom used.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Tide with power boosters is awesome. I used it and the comparison with other detergents is miraculous. Small amount at use conserves on detergent. Great cost for the amount. Gets clothes clean and smelling fresh.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I am not a fan of anything scented. I have issues with allergies so I go for the unscented Tide. The value of Tide is very good. It lasts me for a long time.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I really like the variety of scents offered, the way it cleans my clothes and the ease of the pods. The only issue I have had with Tide is having the pods break open in the container which caused issues with other pods in the container.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I am very happy with Tide pods. I do make sure the pods are dissolved before adding clothes. My clothes are clean and smell nice. I will continue to buy the product.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I have used Tide for 30+ years. It cleans as advertised, and when using the liquid version directly on a non-petroleum based stain, the stain comes out 99% of the time.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I have used Tide since I can remember and have tried others. A few years ago purchased an HE washer and dryer and Tide was the recommended brand of detergent. So because of that, I find prices were up quite a bit and basically it does the same job. I look for sales and coupons. And sometimes purchase others brands. When it comes to laundry detergent, pretty much all the same.

Original review: June 3, 2018

I have used other detergents then always fall back to Tide because it is the best. I've always been told that I work like a man so I get dirty and Tide takes up all the grease, dirt, mud, and gunk and anything I can get into. So my clothes are clean. They smell and stay fresh for at least 10 days.

Original review: June 2, 2018

My whites are dull even with bleach. Very disappointing. Will try again with a new front loader and hope it will perform better but that won't be until next year.

Original review: June 1, 2018

The PODS are very convenient. They work well in an HD washer. Our clothes, towels, sheets, etc. smell and are very clean after each wash.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Tide is a great detergent. I like that everything is in the pods and they work very well. Pods are excellent because you don't have to measure anything. Just toss it and forget it. Also, you have different variations. Pick the one you want. Although, you have to remember not to get any moisture/water near them. They break down immediately.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I use Tide white fragrance free. I have several allergies and this is the only fragrance free laundry detergent on the market it works great for me. Thank you Tide!

Original review: May 28, 2018

The smell of Tide usually stays with the clothes for a long time which I like and the value of Tide is well worth the price. They have several varieties of scents and also Tide with bleach.

Original review: May 27, 2018

Tide is easy to use with the gel packs but I see inconsistent results on stain removal and the scent on clothes. Some have a good smell others none. Perhaps Tide scents work differently on different fabrics.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I trust Tide. I've used it for years mainly for bedding, and household items. I've never had any problems and it works every time. I use Woolite for delicates, though.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I like the pods. No mess and easier for transporting to laundromat. The smell is a good clean smell. I like how it cleans my clothes. On some spots I pretreat and it works. It's pricey but it really cleans my clothes. When living on a limited income there's times I have to get something else.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I used to use Era Plus, and I really liked it. This is what I grew up using, and my mom still uses it (86 years old!). I switched to Tide Yellow, partly because it was on sale at the time, and partly due to its reputation. I use it in conjunction with OxiClean powder, especially because I only wash in cold water, and they do the trick. When I need a little additional assistance with particular stains (wine, etc.), I use hydrogen peroxide and perhaps a bit of baking soda.

Original review: May 21, 2018

We use Tide Fresh scent. It cleans and deodorizes as well as keeping clothes not looking worn out. And Tide always has great sales on all its detergents so in the long run; it gets the job done and we love it.

Original review: May 20, 2018

I have always used Tide. It cleans good and makes clothes smell good for longer than other detergents. The only issue I have is how much it costs. It's not budget friendly without coupons and discounts.

Original review: May 10, 2018

Having tried all major brands, Tide stands out to remove tough stains and odors. Although pricier than other brands, it really is the best. I prefer powder over liquid, but unfortunately my current HE machine doesn't do powder well! I'm not a fan of the overly-scented types (eg. Febreze) and tend to stick with original scent - which is pretty basic.

Tide Company Information