Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

300 Tide Consumer Reviews

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

This laundry detergent use to be very good. It use to suds a lot but lately it's not doing as well as before. I find that it take a lot more to clean a load of cloth. I also find that the powder form is better than the liquid form. Some machines does not take the powder form. You have to use the liquid. Another thing is that the price of detergents have gone up a lot, especially on the name brands. They claim that they are putting all kind of scent and fabric softener in the detergent. Maybe this has something to do with why the clothes are not as clean as they should be.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I am in my 50's now and my mother used Tide when I was little. I've been using it for years with my children now. I have 17 grandchildren and I am still using it. My daughters and sons also use it and it smells great and cleans better than the other brands. I will always recommend Tide to my friends and co-workers. Even when I see people in the grocery store I tell them Tide is The BEST...

Get expert buying tips about Household Cleaning Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I used Tide for a long time since I was young in the Philippines. Now I'm 60yrs old. It has good smell and it cleans my clothes well. It makes my white clothes whiter and my colored clothes looks new. The fragrance takes a long time but I tried cheaper brands but am not happy about it. Its fragrance doesn't last long only during the washing but right after its dries it smelly and it looks I have not washed it. Tide is a bit expensive but it's worthy.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Growing up, my mom used Tide. After getting married my husband wanted to try other brands, we did, I knew there was nothing like Tide. Well after my separation, my son and his wife supplied the Gain. I've use Gain for 10 yrs. until I tried the Simply Fresh Tide, I'm in love. I am a disable senior living on my own. There's nothing like having clean clothing and finding great deals. Tide cheaper than Gain and better! I made it back home Tide.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I've tried quite a few different detergents and my most important concern is how well the detergent cleans my clothes. Tide so far does the greatest job as far as removing the dirt and stains. The scent could use some improving though as well as a formula that could remove grease stains. I don't think that by adding fabric softener to Tide needs to be done. (AT ALL) What consumers need is a cleaning detergent that out cleans all the rest that are on the market. I would rather have one detergent that I can always count on.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tide?

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I used to use Tide detergent without any issues, even though I'm sensitive to scents. The most recent bottle not only smells unpleasant, but I can't be near any of the laundry, let alone the laundry room, without breaking out into terrible fits of sneezing. This is a huge fail on Tide's part.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I have been using Tide since 1974 when as a child I did chores. Money was tight and my mom always scrimped to buy Tide. I have been loyal to the brand for all these years. This spring they changed the original formula. The scent is a much stronger floral and to me, offensive and more like a cheap brand. Even my husband noticed the bed sheets stunk of this new smell. I called the company that makes Tide. They confirmed they changed it. I explained how it was like bait and switch, nothing on the label indicating a change fooling their loyal customers. They have the best selling detergent, why change it? A product is best selling for a reason! At a time when our nation is a bit unsettled, we can't even count on Tide? They granted me a refund after I provided the UPC information and I urge you all to call in for one too. We can demonstrate that its not acceptable to change a formula and not indicate it on the label.

Tide, we love your product and each household has spent thousands of dollars on your product for years, please tell the research and development team that we like the original! Stop changing it. About 10 years ago, Tide did the same thing and I called them then too. This is not the first time they changed the formula without notification on the packaging. So now, Original formula is the Green label (Mountain Fresh or something like that). Now, when shopping, I am opening containers to see if it's the old original smell and looking for the green label Tide which is much harder to find. Seriously, I do 2 loads a day, detergent is important!! What were you thinking??

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

MY great grandmother, grandmother, my mother and I have all used original scented Tide for our laundry. Only detergent we have used. Over this last year I have had to completely stop using Tide because the smell is terrible. The smell reminds me of lemon Lysol my mom use to use that growing up and I hated it so I know the smell. The new scent stinks up the house and the clothes reek of chemicals. My question to the makers of Tide is... why would you change the scent? If it's not broke don't fix it! I personally am very upset by the smell change as I haven't found not one other detergent smell I like, that was always my go-to and I wish you would go back to the original smell.

Original review: July 25, 2019

They have made a big mistake changing original scent. Everyone is trying to tell them, but they're not listening. Tide is the number one selling detergent and they change it. They already changed Downy April Fresh and it's still perfumey. I now no longer use either.

Original review: July 17, 2019

Tide has changed the scent of "Tide Original" and not only did they not indicate the change in packaging, but the scent is absolutely horrible. It is nothing like the original scent, which I have used for over 20 years. The smell gives me a headache and actually makes me a bit nauseous. Clothes also have a different texture coming out of the wash (stiff and itchy after air dry), which makes me think they have really decreased the quality to save $. I attempted three loads of laundry to make sure I wasn't losing my mind. All the same. Guess I will be looking for a new brand. Very disappointing.

Tide Company Information