4.54/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

289 Tide Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I like Tide because all of my washes are nice and clean. Whites are white and all of my colors are their colors, everything I wash comes out and dirt is really gone. I use Tide so all of my clothes are clean, the scent tells you and you smell it as well.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I started using Tide when my children was small and they started breaking out on their skin when I used cheaper detergents. I started using Tide and their skin has not broken out since. I like the fact that it also keeps my clothes clean and if I have a spot on clothes I can let it set for awhile with Tide on it and it takes it off.

Get expert buying tips about Household Cleaning Products delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I have used Tide to wash my clothes since I was a new bride in the 60's. It cleans better than any detergent that I have tried. Sometimes try to save money on the cheap detergents, but that does not pay. I love the new Tide pods as they do the job with that condensed size, and also contain a great scent as well.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I have been using this on 10 month old grandson's cloth diapers and diaper covers. Daughter said Tide Original was the recommended detergent. It works great and is only detergent we use on these.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

The scent of the Tide Clean Breeze powder is inconsistent. Each shipment is a different scent. I have contacted Tide many times over the past 2 years and they refuse to help. Sometimes it smells fine - but some boxes smell so terrible that they have to be thrown out. I'm aware that Tide changed their scent lineup a few years ago, but these "bad" boxes smell nothing like the new or old Clean Breeze. Sometimes they smell like Tide with Downy April Fresh, sometimes they smell like Tide Mountain Spring. Other times its a completely new scent that will attack your olfactory and leave you nauseous. The problem is becoming more and more frequent. I have tried different stores, purchasing online, etc, etc.

My most recent correspondence with P&G's consumer care made me believe they were finally taking this seriously. They requested that I send 8 boxes for quality testing. I received an email today stating that it's "unlikely" they would be able to refund any of them and "As mentioned before, we strongly suggest trying Tide Free & Gentle in Powder, Liquid, or PODS. Or, as difficult as it is for us to say, you may have to find a product that better meets your needs." I don't expect they'll find a problem with the boxes I shipped to them. They had me sign a waiver that they could destroy the boxes when they were done testing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tide?

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I like Tide and always have. It cleans well and now with all the different varieties the consumer can’t go wrong. The downside is that Tide can be a bit expensive. I just watch for sales and stock up.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

This laundry detergent use to be very good. It use to suds a lot but lately it's not doing as well as before. I find that it take a lot more to clean a load of cloth. I also find that the powder form is better than the liquid form. Some machines does not take the powder form. You have to use the liquid. Another thing is that the price of detergents have gone up a lot, especially on the name brands. They claim that they are putting all kind of scent and fabric softener in the detergent. Maybe this has something to do with why the clothes are not as clean as they should be.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

The local stores up the price and cause us to use others. This product is good but other products are just as good. If local stores held the retail price down I prefer it all the time.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Tide is one of the olds detergents out there. It has been out there for years and is the best one on the market. It does what it says it's going to do which is get your clothes clean. It can take on the mud, oil, grease. You name it. If it's out there and can make a stain Tide can get it out. I'm second generation of people who is using Tide.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I use the Tide Pods and they are very effective. The pods not only provide just the right amount of detergent needed for my clothes but keep my laundry area neat. I have used cheaper brands in the past. I have not been as effective in removing some of the stains that I’ve had recently.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Tide smells good. It cleans all stains. It is priced fair. You don't need to add extra. You can pretreatment stains with a little dab on the stain. Rub it in and then wash with your load.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I have always used Tide. Have never had any problems with the products that Tide has. Particularly the Tide Pods, I go to the laundromat so it helps that everything is as lightweight as possible.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Tide is the detergent I am using at present because it was on sale. I have used other products with a better scent but it seems to clean my clothing.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I am in my 50's now and my mother used Tide when I was little. I've been using it for years with my children now. I have 17 grandchildren and I am still using it. My daughters and sons also use it and it smells great and cleans better than the other brands. I will always recommend Tide to my friends and co-workers. Even when I see people in the grocery store I tell them Tide is The BEST...

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I have sensitive skin, and the Tide Free and Gentle works great! I like the fact that it is fragrance-free and designed for those of us with sensitive skin.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I like using Tide powder which is getting harder to find. Pods and liquids are OK but I prefer powder because I feel it cleans better in warm and hot water.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I use Tide Gentle because I can’t use detergent with dye or scent. This is the only product that I can use. It also cleans well and make laundry smell fresh.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I have been using Tide most of my life, only detergent I don't seem to have an allergic reaction to. The different types and scents they have are awesome. I highly recommend this detergent.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

Tide always does a good job but I do feel I pay too much and think they have way too many types. Eliminate some and get the price down. Less scents and softener types.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

Tide is one of the oldest on the market and still one of the best in spite of the many new brands being introduced. They have evolved by adding fabric softeners, different fragrances, etc.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I much prefer Tide Original. The Tide liquid seems to leave my clothes more wrinkled. It is also simpler for me to vary the amount of detergent I need based on how many items I am washing and how dirty they are.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Love the cleaning power of Tide. However, sometimes the Febreze addition does not help the scent! Leaves a "diesel" like odor on clothing. So, we like the odor control of the other Tide scented products just not that.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

All the detergents are just about the same just the cost. I find other products that are just as well as Tide and sometimes they do better than Tide.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I've been using Tide for decades, although I have used other brands occasionally. The clothes I was aren't very dirty and if they are, I soaking them in Oxiclean first, but if there is just a small spot, I might apply some Tide directly to that area and rub it in, then launder right away. Works 98% of the time.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

In one word: Reliable. Also gets the wash clean, not overly expensive, found everywhere and internationally famous. Around for about century and new products now available.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Over this product with the cleaning power has been extremely good and has been used for a number of years. We have been pleased with the product.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Tide works as it states. Removes stains and dirt and leaves a clean smell without using more than the required amount. Tide is a little pricey, but you get what you pay for a quality product. I have learned not to skimp on quality and Tide is a quality product.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I won't use any other detergents! Tide gets my, my husband's, and our 7 boys' clothes the cleanest. I swear by it! We also have pets and pet accidents when they are babies. I wouldn't trust any other detergents near the delicate skin of our pets. They are too sensitive. I only wish that it was a bit less expensive, but I won't have anything but the best for my family!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Tide is another favorite product used in my household and I am a very satisfied customer of this product! I love how well it works to wash my families clothing and also enjoy the wonderful scents available!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

It suds better and cleans better, whether in cold or hot water. It also have your clothes smelling better even if you don’t use a fabric softener. Get your money’s worth. The prices are great too.

Tide Company Information