4.50/5
Based on 121 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

121 Tide Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Tide works in cold water, removes some stains although I rely on Dawn to take out grease stains. I don't trust Tide to do it because, if I don't pretreat with Dawn, the stains usually stay.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

People with allergies have an awful time with this detergent. It causes rashes on sensitive people. The smell is overwhelming. People can smell you coming for miles.

Get expert buying tips about Household Cleaning Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

Tide smells clean! Use a measured amount! Tried new varieties and also have used cold water! Used for years! Liked to use coupons!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I've been using Tide for years. I like the way it cleans, but I do NOT like the new scents which cling until, the next wash. I liked the 'original' best.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I love the variety, including cold water. This enables me to save money and also take care of my delicate clothing. My only disappointment is that this variety is not always available in my area.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tide?

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

Tide has good cleaning qualities, and the scent is spectacular. You can bank on your clothes being clean and fresh after every wash. Tide is clothes friendly.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

Tide is one of the best. It does get some nasty stains out. I love the Tide with Febreze. It makes the laundry smell so fresh and clean. Color clothes keep their color.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I have used Tide for years and continue to go back to it. It has always done the job it needed to. I like the different scents that are available and that it is made for my machine.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I have used the powder and the liquid. The detergent seems to drain the clothing of vibrant colors and the powder always clumps up and leaves stains on my clothing. My mom used Tide for years and I don't know why, the detergent is horrible and smells chemically. I would never buy Tide again. One of the worst detergents on the market.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

Tide laundry detergent has always worked the best for me. I’ve tried other brands that claim to get the laundry cleaner and brighter but I have always been disappointed with these other brands. Tide claims to get my laundry brighter and cleaner. It does that and more, it leaves the laundry smelling fresh. Tide may be expensive but it’s worth it! There is no substitute for Tide.

Original review: July 31, 2018

Tide cleans clothes great however the dyes and perfumes makes my skin very itchy and dry. When I wash my clothes with Tide I use a second rinse to ensure all the detergent is rinse out of my clothing.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I have been using Tide for over 30 years in all types of water. It is still the best for laundry. I would never switch. Good for all types of fabrics too.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I like Tide. It doesn't interfere with the smell of my fabric softener and I really like that. It cleans my clothes very well and the price is awesome. I will definitely stick with Tide.

Original review: July 29, 2018

Excellent product, cleans well, doesn't leave any marks after washing, no residue in the machine either. I normally use liquid version in a new type of washer. It's priced for any budget.

Original review: July 28, 2018

Tide works ok for my family but I find myself using a little more than what is recommended. I worry about all the chemicals in Tide so I am thinking about switching to Method detergent.

Original review: July 28, 2018

I have used Tide for years. I love the cleaning power, and the fresh smell that your clothes have after washing in Tide. I have used other detergents, but they don't have the brightness and fresh smell as tide does.

Original review: July 27, 2018

Tide probably cleans better than other detergents but it is hard on t-shirts with printed appliques. Still, I would buy it if it was not so ridiculously expensive!

Original review: July 26, 2018

We use Tide with bleach and it does a good job. I switched to this when Gain stopped making theirs with bleach. My wife and I are both retired now so we do not often have very soiled laundry although sometimes we do our boys or grand boys and they are satisfied with the outcome.

Original review: July 25, 2018

When my grandchildren come over I don’t have to worry about them getting into the packaging. Also, it takes care of the cleaning stains and odors.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I would buy Tide again and again. It's just a good quality detergent, however I would like to see the price come down. If not I will switch, maybe Persil or Arm & Hammer.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I first used the powder until it kept leaving dry soap spots on the clothes. Then I went to the liquid. Love it and it comes in energy efficient for front loaders. I recently found single packs of 1 load only which was cool because you can take the packs with you in backpacks, luggage or your purse.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I’ve used Tide my entire life. I trust Tide and I can depend on Tide every time. The product is excellent and the only drawback would be the price.

Original review: July 23, 2018

Out of all the detergents I have used to do laundry, Tide does a far better job than any of the others using the same amounts or even maybe a little less. I primarily do cold water washes and Tide gets more dirt out than any of the others I have tried. It's that simple. I don't care about scents, I think that's a ridiculous reason to buy any detergent, it's clean I want.

Original review: July 22, 2018

I love Tide products as it gets the job done the first time. It has a wonderful smell and works wonderful. It also is easy on the pocket book and it last a while as a little goes a long way.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Used to buy whatever was cheapest. Learned over time that Tide was the best one I had used. Worth the cost. Glad they have one now for sensitive persons (no fragrance, no color).

Original review: July 19, 2018

Tide is a great laundry detergent! It does a great cleaning and it has a great scent. My family has been very happy with it and at this time, no need to look into other brands.

Original review: July 18, 2018

Tide costs more than other brands but cleans WAY better. I used to wince at the price but after many years of washing and using other brands I always came back. Now I only buy Tide.

Original review: July 18, 2018

Tide has been a family product, my mother always used, so do I. It is reasonable priced, always in stock at Kroger, can find coupons as well and I have never had any problems using it.

Original review: July 17, 2018

Tide is a great product. A little goes a long way. Some may think it is a more expensive product. It is! But I feel it cleans the clothes well and that is what I am looking for in a product.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I bought the Tide cause my grandson wanted and I like it. It cleaned very well so I will continue to use it. My whole family likes it and the price was good.

Tide Company Information

tide.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business