4.52/5

278 Tide Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

The scent of the Tide Clean Breeze powder is inconsistent. Each shipment is a different scent. I have contacted Tide many times over the past 2 years and they refuse to help. Sometimes it smells fine - but some boxes smell so terrible that they have to be thrown out. I'm aware that Tide changed their scent lineup a few years ago, but these "bad" boxes smell nothing like the new or old Clean Breeze. Sometimes they smell like Tide with Downy April Fresh, sometimes they smell like Tide Mountain Spring. Other times its a completely new scent that will attack your olfactory and leave you nauseous. The problem is becoming more and more frequent. I have tried different stores, purchasing online, etc, etc.

My most recent correspondence with P&G's consumer care made me believe they were finally taking this seriously. They requested that I send 8 boxes for quality testing. I received an email today stating that it's "unlikely" they would be able to refund any of them and "As mentioned before, we strongly suggest trying Tide Free & Gentle in Powder, Liquid, or PODS. Or, as difficult as it is for us to say, you may have to find a product that better meets your needs." I don't expect they'll find a problem with the boxes I shipped to them. They had me sign a waiver that they could destroy the boxes when they were done testing.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

The local stores up the price and cause us to use others. This product is good but other products are just as good. If local stores held the retail price down I prefer it all the time.

Get expert buying tips about Household Cleaning Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Tide is one of the olds detergents out there. It has been out there for years and is the best one on the market. It does what it says it's going to do which is get your clothes clean. It can take on the mud, oil, grease. You name it. If it's out there and can make a stain Tide can get it out. I'm second generation of people who is using Tide.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I use the Tide Pods and they are very effective. The pods not only provide just the right amount of detergent needed for my clothes but keep my laundry area neat. I have used cheaper brands in the past. I have not been as effective in removing some of the stains that I’ve had recently.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Tide smells good. It cleans all stains. It is priced fair. You don't need to add extra. You can pretreatment stains with a little dab on the stain. Rub it in and then wash with your load.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tide?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I have always used Tide. Have never had any problems with the products that Tide has. Particularly the Tide Pods, I go to the laundromat so it helps that everything is as lightweight as possible.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I am in my 50's now and my mother used Tide when I was little. I've been using it for years with my children now. I have 17 grandchildren and I am still using it. My daughters and sons also use it and it smells great and cleans better than the other brands. I will always recommend Tide to my friends and co-workers. Even when I see people in the grocery store I tell them Tide is The BEST...

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I have sensitive skin, and the Tide Free and Gentle works great! I like the fact that it is fragrance-free and designed for those of us with sensitive skin.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I use Tide Gentle because I can’t use detergent with dye or scent. This is the only product that I can use. It also cleans well and make laundry smell fresh.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I have been using Tide most of my life, only detergent I don't seem to have an allergic reaction to. The different types and scents they have are awesome. I highly recommend this detergent.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

Tide always does a good job but I do feel I pay too much and think they have way too many types. Eliminate some and get the price down. Less scents and softener types.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

Tide is one of the oldest on the market and still one of the best in spite of the many new brands being introduced. They have evolved by adding fabric softeners, different fragrances, etc.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Love the cleaning power of Tide. However, sometimes the Febreze addition does not help the scent! Leaves a "diesel" like odor on clothing. So, we like the odor control of the other Tide scented products just not that.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

All the detergents are just about the same just the cost. I find other products that are just as well as Tide and sometimes they do better than Tide.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

In one word: Reliable. Also gets the wash clean, not overly expensive, found everywhere and internationally famous. Around for about century and new products now available.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Over this product with the cleaning power has been extremely good and has been used for a number of years. We have been pleased with the product.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I won't use any other detergents! Tide gets my, my husband's, and our 7 boys' clothes the cleanest. I swear by it! We also have pets and pet accidents when they are babies. I wouldn't trust any other detergents near the delicate skin of our pets. They are too sensitive. I only wish that it was a bit less expensive, but I won't have anything but the best for my family!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Tide is another favorite product used in my household and I am a very satisfied customer of this product! I love how well it works to wash my families clothing and also enjoy the wonderful scents available!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

It suds better and cleans better, whether in cold or hot water. It also have your clothes smelling better even if you don’t use a fabric softener. Get your money’s worth. The prices are great too.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

We prefer Tide Original Scent liquid because it does NOT break us out in a rash or hives like other detergents. Clothes are clean and sweet smelling even on 'cold water' wash.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Quick and easy to use with great results. Never have to worry about that undissolved powder on your clothes thing. One small pod it has all the things you need for a great wash.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I gladly pay a little more for the quality I get when I buy and use Tide! I can depend on Tide to clean my clothes without fading the colors, or leaving streaks of detergent on them. The wonderful scents to choose from are bonus.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I really like Tide with Bleach Alternative - the scent and the clean I get. Please don't discontinue it. I wish it was made in the pods. Thank you very much.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Tide is better than any other laundry detergent. I try others every once in a while but keep coming back to Tide because it gets our dirty farm clothes the cleanest.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I found the price point of Tide to be perfect great value for the money. The scent was pleasing and not overwhelming and it did the job and got my clothes very clean. They could be brighter but I guess we think all I want you to be brighter than it is. But overall it's a great product. I love the Tide pods.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

Tide costs at least double the price of the numerous other brands. Even with that variance, the price per load is only about 25 cents. The difference in dirt and stain removal is noticeable. Tide also provides ten or so versions. I use unscented and Tide with Bleach Alternative. Both give me consistent success.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I use Tide. The price is expensive it seems, but I use it if on sale only otherwise other, like Gain, Clorox, and others. Tide seems to clean just like others.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

Tide is fantastic and always does an efficient cleaning of clothes. I would never change my laundry soap. Have used Tide for many, many, many years. I always tell everyone how fantastic Tide laundry soap works for cleaning our clothes.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I used Tide for a long time since I was young in the Philippines. Now I'm 60yrs old. It has good smell and it cleans my clothes well. It makes my white clothes whiter and my colored clothes looks new. The fragrance takes a long time but I tried cheaper brands but am not happy about it. Its fragrance doesn't last long only during the washing but right after its dries it smelly and it looks I have not washed it. Tide is a bit expensive but it's worthy.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Tide consistently performs better than most other detergents. It easily tackles most dirt and stains with no special pre-treatment. It leaves a clean, fresh, long-lasting scent that is pleasant and not overpowering.

Tide Company Information