Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home
4.38/5

Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home

293 Tide Consumer Reviews

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

This laundry detergent use to be very good. It use to suds a lot but lately it's not doing as well as before. I find that it take a lot more to clean a load of cloth. I also find that the powder form is better than the liquid form. Some machines does not take the powder form. You have to use the liquid. Another thing is that the price of detergents have gone up a lot, especially on the name brands. They claim that they are putting all kind of scent and fabric softener in the detergent. Maybe this has something to do with why the clothes are not as clean as they should be.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I used Tide for a long time since I was young in the Philippines. Now I'm 60yrs old. It has good smell and it cleans my clothes well. It makes my white clothes whiter and my colored clothes looks new. The fragrance takes a long time but I tried cheaper brands but am not happy about it. Its fragrance doesn't last long only during the washing but right after its dries it smelly and it looks I have not washed it. Tide is a bit expensive but it's worthy.

Get expert buying tips about Household Cleaning Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I've tried quite a few different detergents and my most important concern is how well the detergent cleans my clothes. Tide so far does the greatest job as far as removing the dirt and stains. The scent could use some improving though as well as a formula that could remove grease stains. I don't think that by adding fabric softener to Tide needs to be done. (AT ALL) What consumers need is a cleaning detergent that out cleans all the rest that are on the market. I would rather have one detergent that I can always count on.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I have always stayed away from purchasing Tide in the past since it was always more expensive than the other brands, as I got older I realized why. You can buy a less expensive detergent which in the long run you need to use more of it and chances are the outcome is never as good. You only have to use a very little bit of Tide compared to the others and the clothes always come out clean like they should, never thought that spending more would turn out the better deal.

Original review: July 29, 2018

This detergent Tide HE is used for 99% of the washing. The concentrate is brushed on collars & cuffs and any other stains to ensue their removal in the wash. I use cold water for all washes. Rarely, some stain will be so stubborn that a second wash is needed. The white materials come out nice & bright because of the bluing in the detergent. Rarely I use white vinegar as a softener and I put it in the softener cup. I use Oxyclean soaks to remove stains. Very pleased with laundry results.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tide?

Original review: June 17, 2019

Tide is disgusting since it was changed. Myself and my family thought I was going crazy. I am scent sensitive and Tide original was the only "scented" detergent that I could use, until it was changed without the change listed on the bottle. This has caused many issues considering my children were accused of bring perfumes into my home. Let alone me possible purchasing a new washer, due to the overwhelming, unpleasant odor, as I can only describe it as a women VERY strong musk cologne. GROSS.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I have used Tide all my life, and I recently purchased a new bottle, from Costco. It smells nothing like the original Tide I love. I was in Kroger today and smelled the classic original Tide so will purchase my detergent there. I also had to return Tide with Oxy because it smells like the Febreeze scented trash bags I used for my twins' diaper pail when they were infants. I wasn't sure if it was my association with that smell in the past or what, but I do not like Tide's new scent at all. Smell it before you buy it.

Original review: May 18, 2019

I would give it a “0” if possible. I have used Tide all my life and Tide Pods Original Scent since they came on the market. I called Tide to complain about the awful overpowering smell of my new purchase. I have to leave my back door open to let fumes out of the laundry room when I wash clothes. I consider it a health issue and have discontinued using it. Tide said they changed the formula early this year to create a nicer scent. It definitely is not. They will send me refund. Has anyone else had this experience?

Original review: May 7, 2019

I have been using Tide for over 40 years with confidence until now. A few years ago I noticed that my Tide Original smelled super strong and overbearing and I looked on the bottle and it did not say anything like "new scent" or anything. I called Tide and sure enough someone thought it was a good idea to change the scent and not tell customers. The manager assured me she would pass that on to marketing and told me that the original scent was now called Tide Mountain Spring. I was happy I could still get it, because I get terrible migraines with strong smells.

Now, Tide did it to me again. My Tide Mountain Spring had a strong, overbearing scent, so I called last October to ask why and they assured me that nothing had changed. I continued to order it and sometimes I would receive the right scent, but most often I got the bad smelling one. I called Tide again in January, feeling like I was crazy, and sure enough the scent had changed, and ONCE AGAIN TIDE DID NOT FEEL THE NEED TO TELL THE CUSTOMERS! Are you kidding me? Who does that? All they had to do was put a note on the bottle saying "New Scent" or "New and Improved." Then I could have decided whether to buy it or not.

I called and talked to manager Emily who agreed to send me shipping labels for the 6 100oz bottles I had and told me I would be reimbursed for all of them since they screwed up and lied to me. 4 months later and still no reimbursement or resolution-just a run around from a company that I used to love. I'm not asking for free products-just what I paid for the 6 bottles I returned. I will never recommend Tide to anyone again. Also, manager Jacklyn told me there was no one else I could escalate my complaint to and assured me she would call back. Really? I'm supposed to believe them after dealing with it for 4 months?

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I like Tide because all of my washes are nice and clean. Whites are white and all of my colors are their colors, everything I wash comes out and dirt is really gone. I use Tide so all of my clothes are clean, the scent tells you and you smell it as well.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I started using Tide when my children was small and they started breaking out on their skin when I used cheaper detergents. I started using Tide and their skin has not broken out since. I like the fact that it also keeps my clothes clean and if I have a spot on clothes I can let it set for awhile with Tide on it and it takes it off.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I have used Tide to wash my clothes since I was a new bride in the 60's. It cleans better than any detergent that I have tried. Sometimes try to save money on the cheap detergents, but that does not pay. I love the new Tide pods as they do the job with that condensed size, and also contain a great scent as well.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I have been using this on 10 month old grandson's cloth diapers and diaper covers. Daughter said Tide Original was the recommended detergent. It works great and is only detergent we use on these.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

The scent of the Tide Clean Breeze powder is inconsistent. Each shipment is a different scent. I have contacted Tide many times over the past 2 years and they refuse to help. Sometimes it smells fine - but some boxes smell so terrible that they have to be thrown out. I'm aware that Tide changed their scent lineup a few years ago, but these "bad" boxes smell nothing like the new or old Clean Breeze. Sometimes they smell like Tide with Downy April Fresh, sometimes they smell like Tide Mountain Spring. Other times its a completely new scent that will attack your olfactory and leave you nauseous. The problem is becoming more and more frequent. I have tried different stores, purchasing online, etc, etc.

My most recent correspondence with P&G's consumer care made me believe they were finally taking this seriously. They requested that I send 8 boxes for quality testing. I received an email today stating that it's "unlikely" they would be able to refund any of them and "As mentioned before, we strongly suggest trying Tide Free & Gentle in Powder, Liquid, or PODS. Or, as difficult as it is for us to say, you may have to find a product that better meets your needs." I don't expect they'll find a problem with the boxes I shipped to them. They had me sign a waiver that they could destroy the boxes when they were done testing.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I like Tide and always have. It cleans well and now with all the different varieties the consumer can’t go wrong. The downside is that Tide can be a bit expensive. I just watch for sales and stock up.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

The local stores up the price and cause us to use others. This product is good but other products are just as good. If local stores held the retail price down I prefer it all the time.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Tide is one of the olds detergents out there. It has been out there for years and is the best one on the market. It does what it says it's going to do which is get your clothes clean. It can take on the mud, oil, grease. You name it. If it's out there and can make a stain Tide can get it out. I'm second generation of people who is using Tide.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I use the Tide Pods and they are very effective. The pods not only provide just the right amount of detergent needed for my clothes but keep my laundry area neat. I have used cheaper brands in the past. I have not been as effective in removing some of the stains that I’ve had recently.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Tide smells good. It cleans all stains. It is priced fair. You don't need to add extra. You can pretreatment stains with a little dab on the stain. Rub it in and then wash with your load.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I have always used Tide. Have never had any problems with the products that Tide has. Particularly the Tide Pods, I go to the laundromat so it helps that everything is as lightweight as possible.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Tide is the detergent I am using at present because it was on sale. I have used other products with a better scent but it seems to clean my clothing.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I am in my 50's now and my mother used Tide when I was little. I've been using it for years with my children now. I have 17 grandchildren and I am still using it. My daughters and sons also use it and it smells great and cleans better than the other brands. I will always recommend Tide to my friends and co-workers. Even when I see people in the grocery store I tell them Tide is The BEST...

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I have sensitive skin, and the Tide Free and Gentle works great! I like the fact that it is fragrance-free and designed for those of us with sensitive skin.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I like using Tide powder which is getting harder to find. Pods and liquids are OK but I prefer powder because I feel it cleans better in warm and hot water.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I use Tide Gentle because I can’t use detergent with dye or scent. This is the only product that I can use. It also cleans well and make laundry smell fresh.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I have been using Tide most of my life, only detergent I don't seem to have an allergic reaction to. The different types and scents they have are awesome. I highly recommend this detergent.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

Tide always does a good job but I do feel I pay too much and think they have way too many types. Eliminate some and get the price down. Less scents and softener types.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

Tide is one of the oldest on the market and still one of the best in spite of the many new brands being introduced. They have evolved by adding fabric softeners, different fragrances, etc.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I much prefer Tide Original. The Tide liquid seems to leave my clothes more wrinkled. It is also simpler for me to vary the amount of detergent I need based on how many items I am washing and how dirty they are.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Love the cleaning power of Tide. However, sometimes the Febreze addition does not help the scent! Leaves a "diesel" like odor on clothing. So, we like the odor control of the other Tide scented products just not that.

Tide Company Information