Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Tide Reviews

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I have been using Tide laundry Detergent for 20 years since college. For the past 5 months I have had hives and a VERY itchy rash and could not figure out what was causing it and have finally figured it out, TIDE! I have had steroid shots and am currently undergoing allergy patch testing because of it. I even switched to free and clear tide and still had skin rash. Why would you change something that is clearly causing skin irritation in many of your customers?!? I have found many similar complaints on the Tide Facebook page and blogs. Tide has lost a loyal customer and I am switching to a more trusted brand.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

I've always used Gains laundry soap and once in awhile I'll get Tide but I noticed that once I used it, it broke me out and had a rash almost everywhere on my body. Never will I buy it again. I hate it.

Get expert buying tips about Household Cleaning Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

New scent is awful... which wouldn't be a problem if Tide had advertised the change in formula. Instead, a lot of loyal customers purchased the old version only to get it home and discover a notably stronger, and - to many - noxious new fragrance. My husband begged me to throw out the remaining pods and to please never use Tide again -- and he never complains.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I used to use Tide detergent without any issues, even though I'm sensitive to scents. The most recent bottle not only smells unpleasant, but I can't be near any of the laundry, let alone the laundry room, without breaking out into terrible fits of sneezing. This is a huge fail on Tide's part.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I have been using Tide since 1974 when as a child I did chores. Money was tight and my mom always scrimped to buy Tide. I have been loyal to the brand for all these years. This spring they changed the original formula. The scent is a much stronger floral and to me, offensive and more like a cheap brand. Even my husband noticed the bed sheets stunk of this new smell. I called the company that makes Tide. They confirmed they changed it. I explained how it was like bait and switch, nothing on the label indicating a change fooling their loyal customers. They have the best selling detergent, why change it? A product is best selling for a reason! At a time when our nation is a bit unsettled, we can't even count on Tide? They granted me a refund after I provided the UPC information and I urge you all to call in for one too. We can demonstrate that its not acceptable to change a formula and not indicate it on the label.

Tide, we love your product and each household has spent thousands of dollars on your product for years, please tell the research and development team that we like the original! Stop changing it. About 10 years ago, Tide did the same thing and I called them then too. This is not the first time they changed the formula without notification on the packaging. So now, Original formula is the Green label (Mountain Fresh or something like that). Now, when shopping, I am opening containers to see if it's the old original smell and looking for the green label Tide which is much harder to find. Seriously, I do 2 loads a day, detergent is important!! What were you thinking??

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tide?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

MY great grandmother, grandmother, my mother and I have all used original scented Tide for our laundry. Only detergent we have used. Over this last year I have had to completely stop using Tide because the smell is terrible. The smell reminds me of lemon Lysol my mom use to use that growing up and I hated it so I know the smell. The new scent stinks up the house and the clothes reek of chemicals. My question to the makers of Tide is... why would you change the scent? If it's not broke don't fix it! I personally am very upset by the smell change as I haven't found not one other detergent smell I like, that was always my go-to and I wish you would go back to the original smell.

Original review: July 25, 2019

They have made a big mistake changing original scent. Everyone is trying to tell them, but they're not listening. Tide is the number one selling detergent and they change it. They already changed Downy April Fresh and it's still perfumey. I now no longer use either.

Original review: July 17, 2019

Tide has changed the scent of "Tide Original" and not only did they not indicate the change in packaging, but the scent is absolutely horrible. It is nothing like the original scent, which I have used for over 20 years. The smell gives me a headache and actually makes me a bit nauseous. Clothes also have a different texture coming out of the wash (stiff and itchy after air dry), which makes me think they have really decreased the quality to save $. I attempted three loads of laundry to make sure I wasn't losing my mind. All the same. Guess I will be looking for a new brand. Very disappointing.

Original review: July 16, 2019

New scent for Tide Original Scent is horrible. Way too strong and musky. I had to rewash all my clothes because it was overwhelming. Why would they change the smell of something called Original Scent? Why wouldn't they market this or label it differently on the detergent. Make sure you smell the detergent before buying it because it looks exactly the same, but is nothing like it was before. So sad.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I've used liquid Tide for many years and thought I'd like to try the Pods for their seeming convenience. However, after using, I developed hives--a red, itchy rash wherever my clothes or bedclothes or towels touched my skin. I've tried itchy skin creams but nothing helps and it doesn't go away. I called Proctor and Gamble. the maker to tell them my experience and they Hung Up on Me. This product should be recalled by Consumer's Safety Commission. What is the customer to do? I feel as tho I've been a victim with no voice.

Tide Company Information