1.05/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 16, 2017

457 Thermador Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Received a recall notice on Dishwasher. Aside from taking a month for a replacement part to arrive, and having the tech not show up even after he called in the AM saying he'd be there between 2-4 PM, the wait time to talk with anyone is usually over 40 minutes. Not sure who the CEO is but he/she should be fired based upon the number of poor reviews. (And I'm a former president of two publically traded companies.) Total ineptitude. Sad that a great company has gone downhill so poorly.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Our Thermador range needed parts and now we are finding out Thermador does not keep parts past 7 years. Apparently they don't expect their products to last more than 7 years or they just force their customers to have to buy another expensive item to replace it. Thermador should be ashamed of themselves and customers need to seriously think about purchasing a product they can not service after 7 years! We learned the hard way and now have to reinvest $12,000 for a range!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I purchased a 48" steam/range in 2013. I have experienced trouble with the gasket around the steam oven. While it was under warranty it was repaired several times. Each time within a short amount of time the rubber gasket came loose. Now they will not stand behind it. Earlier this year, they agreed to pay for the part but not the labor to install it. They know this is an issue. I went to Pacific Sales and looked at the new like range and the new unused one already had a loose gasket. This is very disappointing as I have close to $16,000 into the cost of this range. I am very surprised that there is no class action lawsuit regarding this problem. As I see it the oven is stainless steel and the gasket is rubber of some sort and there is no way of adhering the two together. I would not recommend this steam/oven combo!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

We bought a flat cook Electric oven double, high price, and a dishwasher. When installed, did not work, new set of kitchen appliances. We call Thermador to fix it. No help available. We called Best Buy store Pacific section, no help. Poor support, non-professional customer service. We don’t recommend this brand. Poor company. Stay away from it, high price, poor brand and service.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

We bought a 48-inch Thermador range hood which is the worst that we've ever used. If you look at my backsplash pictures, you would understand why I am complaining - it is almost useless. We contacted the customer service and they stopped by. While their assessment was the range hood was just fine, the oily backsplash was just that we cooked too much. They refused to fix it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thermador?

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I was saddened when I finally went to look at the reviews on Thermador; THE REVIEWS ON ALL PRODUCTS ARE ALL POOR. DO NOT BUY ANY THERMADOR PRODUCT, YOU WILL REGRET IT. I bought a dual fuel range Model #PRD486EDHU/01 with a dishwasher. I could go on for some time about the many shortcomings of this equipment, here is the short list: expensive electronics are UNDER THE BURNERS, WHERE SPILLS LEAK ONTO, then it takes weeks and $1000s to repair. When one part fails, the whole system is out of commission. There are blowers that blow a strong stream of air away from the front of the stove. This blows all the smoke from inside the ovens out into the room where it cannot be removed by the hood. The Burner design extremely difficult to clean up spills.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Will try to keep this as short as possible but so much has happened... Our 8 year old Thermador Freedom Collection freezer stopped working. Called Thermador Customer Service and it has been a 7 week (so far) debacle of 5 different service calls (each time required me or my husband to stay home during a 5 hour window), about 20 calls to their service department trying to track down answers, appointment times, etc. The wrong parts were ordered, then the wrong parts were sent, correct parts were back-ordered, then those parts were incorrect due to wrong drawing on their website the technician uses to order parts. Never any returned phone calls, constant waiting on hold to find answers. ZERO communications between technician and their call center. Nobody seems to know what’s going on. Finally after 6 weeks, the correct part was installed and freezer appears to be working but now the door doesn't close properly since technician left.

It’s letting out all the cold air and causing condensation to build because door won't seal shut. Demanded a new tech come as I've lost faith in the first one and the new guy tells me the hinges now need to be replaced. On a freezer that hasn't been opened or used for 7 weeks. Door worked fine until their technician tinkered with it over 3 times. They will take no responsibility and now want to charge me an additional $800 to replace the hinges. Which worked PERFECTLY FINE until their tech was here. Absolute nightmare that has cost both my husband and I hours of our time, waiting at home for technicians, waiting on hold for help. DO NOT BUY THERMADOR OR ANY BSH APPLIANCE. It’s all the same company with the same customer service number... Disaster!!!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

We recently bought a Thermador cooktop that comes with a downdraft exhaust. This was around the end of June 2017. The Range fit in fine, however the exhaust piece was broken and did not work, so they said they would order a replacement for us. We waited for the next piece for more than two months to come in. After which the company would give excuse after excuse about the piece not coming in or the installer not being available. After which the installer finally came, early October. And again the piece was faulty and did not fit nor did it work. Now after talking to customer service multiple times, they keep giving excuses and apologies, telling us to wait a few weeks for the installer to come out. In addition, have not tried to remedy the service by offering us any prompt service and refuse to offer any alternative cooktop/range set. The set cost $2000+ and we have been without the exhaust for three months now.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

We bought Thermador appliances throughout four years ago when re-modeling our kitchen. Never again. Thermador is junk, it's priced two or three times what a "normal" appliances cost, and they don't last as long as a typical Hotpoint. Our double wall ovens, model PODC302, ($5,700) have had temperature-accuracy problems after a year of use. We've had thermostats replaced. We will likely need the control panel to be replaced (that's $1,500). The ovens currently either heat to 500+ degrees when set to 250-300 or they don't heat at all, ruining another holiday dinner.

Our microwave, model MBES, ($1,500) has a door-open button made out of taffy -- replaced twice so far and failing again. The dishwasher works, and the $11,000 built-in fridge/freezer only required two service calls to work properly. So far. So that's 50% of the stuff that doesn't work. Never, ever buy Thermador. Their products are astronomically-priced trash, their support is nonexistent, and their replacement part costs are straight out of the Porsche parts-pricing school. Live and learn.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE IN THE HISTORY OF CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! I will NEVER recommend Thermador or Bosch to ANYONE! We have replaced the same parts repeatedly. It’s been a piece of junk since day one. Back in 2007, they contacted us and gave us a pro-rated purchase price of a new unit-my hubs was laid off so we could make the purchase. I just contacted them again as we are faced with $1200 in new repairs-20% off of their junky parts was how they wanted to fix a problem that has literally cost my family thousands of dollars. We have continually had a repairman out every year to fix problems. I guess they would rather have us spend $7000 with Wolf or Viking than throw us a bone.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

4 year old ovens. We have been having problems baking and cooking things in the ovens. Seemed inconsistent. Supposedly quality product but finally clued in that we should check the temperature. So we checked set to 350. Oven heats and beeps and says it's 350 but it's only 275. Do same 400. Beeps goes to 350. Not consistent and gauge lies. Called Thermador. Said they would send a tech. No mention of a fee until 1 week wait and 10 minutes before arrival. Pay $120 plus $60/15 minutes. Turns out not even the first 5 minutes was included... Cheesy. So he determined the ovens are fine as they turn on. Called Thermador. They say they will eventually creep to a higher temperature. Nothing they can do.

Useless ovens as they heat to different temperatures and different settings and the gauges are not correct and seems they are cheating on when the temperature is at its set level. Never thought we would have this issue with what we thought was a quality brand and am very disappointed with their lack of wanting to take any responsibility. Absolutely will never buy a Thermador product again and will enjoy telling others to avoid it.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

We purchased a brand new Thermador Range based on the fact that we've owned one in the past and loved it. Since we moved into our brand new house, the oven has not worked. They have sent a tech out four times to repair it and it has been three months and we still do not have a working oven. They have finally agreed to replace the oven but can't tell us when we will receive it. This company has horrible customer service and could not simply apologize and offer any sort of compensation for the inconvenience.

We will never again purchase Thermador products based on their inadequate customer service skills. I finally spoke with a supervisor named Marie who said that she could send me a cutting board for my inconvenience. Do yourself a favor and purchase a Wolf Range rather than Thermador. We have a Subzero refrigerator and that company called to review how we like our fridge, what was our experience like and is there anything they could do to improve their service. That's a company who truly cares and understands how to be successful. From now on I will only purchase Wolf/Subzero appliances.

Original review: July 24, 2017

I purchased a pro style Thermador range/oven in 2008. It worked 2 years. Beginning in 2010, I've replaced the ignitor every year, at a cost of almost $400. I expected this range to work since I paid about 10 times more than I would have for an average range. I will never buy another Thermador ANYTHING. The company that services the oven does excellent work. It's not them. It's THERMADOR.

Original review: June 28, 2017

We purchased 2 Thermador gas ranges in 2005, one smaller wall unit and a larger free standing 6 burner model PG3668s/05. I hardly have used the larger oven, only for holiday turkeys and meals in the past 12 years, as it has continually needed servicing! I am very disappointed in this model as it was expensive, and larger yet not at all efficient as I had hoped with larger meals. I wish we had purchased 2 of the SEC301 type wall units instead of this "deluxe" gas range. The problems we continually have had with this range are mostly concerning the heat of the oven. It does not heat to the desired temperature! We have had North Town service this issue so many times, with the fan and the controls, and the starter, and it never seems to solve the heating up problem.

Then the large door fell off! It is a heavy door and the hinges on one side broke. I have stopped trusting it to fully cook the food after half cooked casseroles and turkeys. I depend on the smaller unit for all my baking and cooking because of these issues. I trusted the Thermador brand and at first, was excited to have purchased this large, convection/gas range... however, the oven has been out of commission much more than it has been functioning! Repairs have cost us more than we have expected since the oven consistently doesn't heat up beyond 250 degrees, and the warranty for repairs is only 6 months! I will not purchase another large Thermador professional gas range again because of all the problems I have encountered with this model.

Original review: June 24, 2017

Our 13 year old Thermador oven relay panel caught on fire. After extinguishing the flames, I contacted a service company and Thermador. Thermador said replacement parts are made for ten years and when they are all sold, Thermador cannot supply parts for its broken ovens. I do not want to purchase another Thermador oven knowing after ten years parts are no longer made.

Original review: June 14, 2017

We are in the middle of installing a new kitchen with all new Thermador appliances. We bought Miele for the dishwasher instead of the "free" Thermador. At this point, we wish we went all Miele for everything and here is why. Nothing has been used yet since we are awaiting countertops and water but we have electricity to the appliances. Right out of the box, one of the Thermador ovens has a defective main circuit board. The drawer microwave has a defective control panel. What is Thermador's response? "Call a repair shop." Which we did, waited a week, tech shows up and "yup it's defective". Now we are waiting 4 weeks for the parts and then a week later, maybe they will "repair" our brand-new, never used, just installed Thermador appliances.

Thermador is a brand name owned and managed by the same folks that make Bosch which is sold at Home Depot, etc. Thermador has splashy ads in high-end magazines, etc. but it is all hype. The product quality and service is abysmal. We were flabbergasted that Thermador would not let our kitchen designer/dealer replace the defective units. If you are considering premium appliances we would recommend Miele. Check out the information online before you buy. Miele is a private, family-owned company that is uncompromising in their focus on quality. They cost more than Thermador but they are worth it. We have three Miele dishwashers at other properties. Previously, we had a Thermador cooktop downdraft that the blower motor died after two years.

Original review: April 26, 2017

First a little background. We own 2 homes and in them we have 3 Bosch dishwashers, 2 Thermador Cooktops and Thermador oven. All purchased new within the last 5 years. So with our one cooktop [$1,530 purchase price] one burner wasn't working and the burner cap had fallen down into the unit. We contacted the local AUTHORIZED Thermador repair center. They came out and said the end caps had fused on due to heat and the cooktop couldn't be taken off to do the repair. They said it would have be drilled out and a new cooktop installed. We then contacted where we had purchased it and they said this was a common problem with Thermador and suggested we contact them. We contacted Thermador and opened a claim. They asked us to get an invoice showing we purchased the cooktop new, verification of the diagnosis by their authorized repair center, and the new cooktop invoice and installation receipt.

While I was gathering all of those invoices we received a call back saying they would not do anything to assist us because we hadn't contacted them to see if it could be repaired. In fact we had and contacted their repair center. We hadn't contacted while the problem had occurred. In fact we had and opened the claim the day the repair was being done. We even spoke with a supervisor [Vanessa] who simply said they do not help in these cases. If this is how they treat a customer who had purchased what we had [and all high end products] I can't imagine how they treat everyone else. There will be no Bosch or Thermador going back into our home.

Original review: April 24, 2017

Not even approved Thermador service companies will work on this unit. It requires two men to take it out to work on it. No one wants to do it. So far, I have paid one Thermador service company $359.66 upfront for half of the repair bill to repair the oven which is burning all the food and the microwave which hasn't work since the first year I purchased the unit. The repair told me after promising to show up two different times that he could not get anyone to help him remove the oven unit and it was too heavy for him to do his own. He has not returned my money.

Next, my interior designer called the Thermador headquarters in Dallas. They charged me $59.99 upfront and said they would have a company approved repairman contact me. He contacted me but never came to the house. He too said he could not get anyone to help him take out the unit to work on it. He is no longer following up with me. I am currently using my 30 years old Black and Decker toaster oven which still works great. I am a Realtor for 26 years and homeowner here in The Woodlands. Many high-end homes use Thermador. Big mistake. My experience with Thermador has been expensive, time-consuming and hugely disappointing - a total waste of money.

Original review: April 16, 2017

Paid over $2,000 for a Thermador Star Sapphire Dishwasher. The top rack slides had the welds fail and the top rack collapsed after three years of part-time use. The 800 number was only helpful in how to charge me for the parts. A disgraceful excuse for an appliance. Now that Bosch has purchased Gaggenau and owns Thermador they are using the same parts in each one and couldn't care less for customer satisfaction. Buy only Subzero and Wolf for refrigerator/oven. They care and will address an issue after warranty. For dishwashers Bosch also has an issue with pumps which all go in five years.

Original review: April 7, 2017

Just completed a kitchen remodel and installed a 48" Gas Thermador cooktop. The knob for the griddle won't turn off and I have to frequently fight with the knob to try and get it to turn off. Anyone else have this problem? What's the fix?

Original review: March 23, 2017

I am an experienced baker of 35 years. We finally finished building our dream house and purchased a Thermador double oven in 2015. It has done nothing but ruin everything I've baked. Had the service repairman out and was told I wasn't using the settings right. After using the times and settings according to the manual, baked goods turned out worse!

I have wasted countless hours and ingredients trying to make something turn out right, adjusting temperatures, times, settings and rack placements. What a huge waste of money and disappointment with this oven. If I could afford to replace it, I would. No help from store we bought it from or Thermador manufacturing. Do not buy a Thermador oven. I would never recommend any products from this company after this experience. For many years, I baked in cheap ovens with great results. This $1,800 appliance has ruined my baking ability since we are now unable to replace it with something that works and unfortunately, it is built into the wall in an expensive cabinet.

Original review: March 19, 2017

I would give zero stars if I could. I've had the microwave oven combo - professional series for less than a year. From day one, the tray inside the microwave unit "squeaked" as it rotated. The tech came three times to repair a faulty bolt before finally replacing it after three months. It has now been 7 months since we received a replacement microwave oven and as of this morning we're suddenly unable to open the microwave oven door! It's been one thing after another.

Original review: March 17, 2017

Thermador Oven ME ll0: I just ruined an expensive coffee cake that I was making for company that is arriving tomorrow. After increasing the temperature by 25 degree and baking an extra 15 minutes, it appeared to be done by testing with a toothpick. After wanting 10 minutes to turn the cake out the middle was raw. We purchased the oven October 2014 and experienced problems with the temperature. The service man came out in November and replaced the motherboard but this did not fix the problem. It is sad to say that if I could afford a new oven, this oven would be the trash tomorrow. We owned a Thermador Oven from 2005 until we moved in 2013 and it was a wonderful oven. Not so with this one and will advising everyone I know not to buy any Thermador appliances.

Original review: March 11, 2017

I want other people to know that as long as your appliance is in warranty, Thermador will take good care of you. If a problem comes up out of warranty they do not want to work with you and try to send you to a service co. that rips you off. They will not help you with problem, will not let you talk to their tech person, will not give you a parts or repair manual. They leave you to the mercy of service people. My latest repair of a range parts will be $40.31 plus labor. Their service co wants my credit card number and $792.88 to service unit plus if tech not able to complete job and returns they want another $550.00 service call.

I will not specify Thermador products on my designs anymore, and I will repair my range myself. I was not aware I was leading customers into this trap. I called three local service companies and all were around $250.00 to fix including if they had to get a part and come back. No extra charge. I spent a lot of time trying to get Thermador to help me, even went to supervisor. They would not help at all.

Original review: March 3, 2017

$14k oven external temp gauge broke a few weeks after short warranty. After multiple phone calls the company agreed to fix it. They replaced the whole computer panel. However, this was NOT the problem and the temp gauge was still broken. They argued this was not the original issue I called in about (it was). I even have the pictures I took when I initially called them that highlighted the broken temp gauge. Now they want to charge me $500 for the repair. I absolutely hate them. Will go back to less expensive appliances in the future or companies that back their products and services. Thermador was a HUGE waste of money.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

I am told by Thermador Customer Service that they no longer are making the $60.00 replacement part for my 15 year old, $10,000 Thermador Oven. They gave me appliance vendors to call to see if they carried the part... and they do not. Thermador customer service said there is nothing they can do other than for me to purchase a new appliance. I will never purchase or recommend a Thermador appliance to anyone.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

12 years ago we redid our kitchen and installed premium appliances including the Thermador double wall oven C302. In that time the oven has performed well but required 3 expensive service calls to replace the "relay board" to a tune of $500 per repair. Recently, the part needed replacing and I used Thermador's official repair company, booked on the Thermador website. The initial estimate was $646.00, dismayed but determined to repair it (after careful consideration of replacement cost), I forged on. At the end of the service call another $21.00 part was needed, another service call. $181.00 in labor costs to install a $21.00 part. Multiple convos with company, no willingness at all to reduce cost.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

We have a Thermador wall oven that is 5 years old. Have used the self cleaning feature maybe on it, one or two times at most. We bought it through (Ferguson, in Fayetteville, GA., which they don't maintain records after a year). Anyway last week pressed the self cleaning button, and after it was done and the door unlocked, the total inside of the glass was shattered. I called client services at Ferguson, which the lady responded "that shouldn't of happened". And told me to call Thermador and have it evaluated. Which they came out a week later, and it will cost $190.00 to fix. So again I won't be recommending their product to any of my clients in the future. Wolf or Viking here I come.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2016

My brand new $4000 Thermador double oven does not operate; I must flip my home's electrical breaker to turn it off; and I have waited 20 days to have it repaired or replaced. It is noon on December 23, 2016 and both the Thermador customer service line and the Bosch Home offices are closed. The product does not function; the repair person they sent was not helpful and wants me to wait until January 3, 2017 for a repair, and I cannot talk to anyone but an "after hours" messaging center about my non-functioning oven a day before Christmas.

On December 3, 2016, my family tried to use its new Thermador double oven (Model ME302JS/04) and received an error code (118). We called to the customer service line for help and they failed to send a technician. We called again, but could not get a technician until December 23. When the technician came, he did not have the necessary parts - despite contacting the company weeks earlier and giving them the exact error code for the problem. The next available repair slot is January 3, 2017. The product does not fulfill the warranty of merchantability, fitness, or any general warranties; the customer service is ineffective; and the Bosch-employed repair organization is slow, unprepared, disorganized, and unhelpful. This company has no sense of urgency about a major household investment.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

Bought the dual fuel range ($15,000), column fridge, column wine fridge and d/w in fall 2016. Oven failed for our first Thanksgiving AND this Thanksgiving. Seriously?! ?Bought a countertop turkey roaster (thank you, Costco!) that saved our holiday. Have had SEVEN service calls - our THIRD defective computer board is being replaced this morning. Hinges replaced on main oven in June. Angry does not begin to articulate my feelings about this sham company. The last customer service rep was beyond rude - after holding 15 minutes to reach the rep and explaining our unacceptable situation, the rep said, "I don't know what you want." What I want is a $15,000 oven that is one year old to freaking WORK!! Do not waste your $$ on these appliances. Buy good looking cheaper ones and replace as needed. And don't forget to buy a turkey roaster! They are still on sale at Costco!

Thermador Company Information