3.84/5
Based on 44 reviews that contain star ratings

Discover the right cleaning service for you

53 The Maids Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 24, 2016

Went smoothly and didn't have too many problems. The company's manager had an amazing attitude throughout the entire call. The manager had offered a coupon and to send his best cleaning crew to help I was more than satisfied. The quality of how well they had cleaned, dusted, and hand washed my belongings was beyond my expectation. I would most definitely have it done again if I ever needed to. They made it on time with no bad attitudes and I welcomed them in without a problem. I wanted to thank each one of them individually. They are absolutely great. No issues at all. I am grateful for their services and will be more than happy to recommend them to any of my friends if they were looking for a clean up service. They were great couldn't have been any more grateful.

Original review: June 23, 2016

No issues with most of them. There was few I had trouble understanding but over all can't complain. Would use again if needed. They cleaned everything very well. No major issues. Was after a knee surgery, couldn't do much on my own so their service helped a lot keep things clean. They were on time. Finished in a timely manner. They gave me a better quote than most places and the final bill was not that bad. I'd recommend and use this service again.

Original review: June 22, 2016

They take accurate amounts of time, and clean very well. I was very happy, and pleased. I could tell they are very professional in their business, and I highly recommend them to anyone. Their quality is outstanding. The products they use are very professional, and very effective. They know what they are doing as maids. Whatever they use, the products are way better than what I use to use. The value of their time, and expertise is very well worth it. I would even pay a higher price because of their professionalism. You can't go wrong with this type of service.

Original review: June 21, 2016

Good quality service. Made up my bed and cleaned up every room. It was very spotless. I was very impressed. I love how they made up the bed. It had no creases in it at all. I was surprised and lucky that I had such a good cleaning service.

Original review: June 20, 2016

They were very nice and took all my concerns into consideration while cleaning my home. I was satisfied with the work and their attention to detail. They pay attention to every detail. They do their job well. I would definitely use them again as well as recommended them to my friends and family. They were always on time. They came to do a job and they did their work in a timely manner. I would hire them again. I believe the value of the work performed was well worth the money spent on their cleaning services. I was very pleased with how neat and tidy they left my home.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Maids?

Original review: June 19, 2016

They did a great job and left the place amazingly clean. I would definitely recommend to a friend and use them again. Everything was spotless and amazing. Also smelled great. The quality was average. It was excellent and it wasn't horrible so average. Could of done a better job but it was ok. Didn't want to fuss or make a big deal so I let it go. They are EXTREMELY reliable. Would use them again when necessary. If someone can't make it they call a day ahead with is great because most people won't even do that. So they are definitely good. The value is a little pricey but it's worth it because they leave the house spotless. Better you pay a little pricey than to use a cheap service and have them not do a good job.

Original review: June 16, 2016

Customer service was extremely friendly and overall helpful. All questions were answered with no confusion remaining afterwards. Wait time was minimal and it was very easy to find the information needed to contact customer service. High quality service as a result of using The Maids. Quick and effective, everything desired was fulfilled. Very reliable service. The Maids came through with high quality work and desirable performance. They did not linger around to increase their pay. They simply came in and got the job done with tremendous speed and quality. Perceived value was of high quality as I had high expectations and all of them were exceeded with minimal effort. I am extremely happy for the service and would definitely recommend future usage.

Original review: June 15, 2016

Once you place a call for the maids to come, they'll give you a time limit, and it is always accurate. Once they come in they ask specific areas of your house you would like to be cleaned, and products that you would like them to use. Some of their products made my allergies go out of place. But in the beginning they ask you if you are allergic to any of the products that they used. All you have to do is give them a call, and they'll give you a time limit on which they will arrive. Their service is fast and reliable. The company seems to just be getting started, but the service is great. Since they are a fairly new business not too many people probably heard of them. But my perception is great.

Original review: June 14, 2016

Very friendly. A great service. They were very professional. Highly recommended to all my friends and family. Very courteous. They clean very well and organize very well. I loved how my house was cleaned and organized. They take their jobs very seriously. They are reliable and provided the best possible service.

Original review: April 20, 2016

Great customer service and very productive in cleaning and understanding in dealing with customer service. Great service for someone who does not have time to do the work for themselves and hiring another party. The quality of experience is well done and take the time to do the work in an effective and productive way to get the job done. I would recommend this service to anyone who needs help with cleaning. They have many people who are reliable in helping you with cleaning and are available throughout the day and are very flexible in the different times of the day. The perceived value is that it is well operated and the work is done in a productive manner with very little issues. This would be perceived as a sound business for everybody to use.

Original review: April 14, 2016

They clean everything in less than 30 minutes and she was very polite. When you order they ask various questions such as if you have allergy or pets. If you prefer that they use specific cleaning products or what type of furniture you have in your house. The quality for the service that I received was outstanding to say the least. They came over early with 4 people and they got to work quickly and was done in less than 30 minutes. These people are totally reliable for when it comes to cleaning. At first I was expecting a basic clean but they gave me outstanding service. Truly past my expectations. The value of the cleaning service I got was way more than what I paid for and it's super cheap as well. I just have to say these people good, well and beyond in service.

Original review: April 12, 2016

Polite, helpful, accommodating. They inquired about what needed to be accomplished, offered available options until I was satisfied with the plan. Maids were professional, arrived on time, brought all the required tools and cleaners and cleaned to my satisfaction. Could have been done a little faster. I left a message requesting an estimate. Call was returned promptly and presented me with options. I also received a call after the service to inquire of my satisfaction. Room were spotless. Everything was in order. There was no evidence that maids were even there. I would definitely use them again and recommend to friends.

Original review: April 10, 2016

Quickly returned original call, easy appointment setup, variety of options. Did a good job, at a great price, friendly, attractive, willing to do all that was necessary to make a client satisfied. The woman that came for my appointment was thorough, attentive to my needs, and wouldn't quit until I was fully satisfied. She had all the necessary tools and knew how to wield them to perfection. Slightly late due to traffic, but finished everything I requested. And her performance was spectacular, not a hair was left unattended to. After cleaning my bathroom, she did some maintenance on my unruly bush. It was the best trim my bush has ever seen, to looked perfect and she was so gentle with it. Results were as good as new, as it was when it first grew. I told my friends and they all have appointments for bush trimming.

Original review: April 8, 2016

The Maids were really helpful in finding me a great cleaner. I needed someone on short notice and they came through for me. Their representatives are caring and helpful. The service I received was outstanding. They arrived on time and met all my cleaning needs. They went above and beyond what I expected. They are very reliable, always on time and doing the job right. Their performance is on par with what you would expect from such a company. The value of this service good. The service was amazing and met my needs to my satisfaction. However the price was a bit high for what I had expected.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2010

I complained last week about the unfair bill I received from The Maids (almost $350 when quoted approximately $200). I have since spoken to someone (owner/manager?), and he has agreed to charge me only $200. Originally, when I wrote this, I was quite upset about the matter, especially when someone else stated they doubted they'd lower the price.

I am happy with the outcome. And I advise anyone who is reading this and cares: get your quote in writing!

Original review: July 30, 2010

The Maids service in Austin, TX quoted about $200 - the bill was actually almost $350! Additionally, they told my Real Estate agent that if the price were going to exceed their quote, they'd call. Neither of us received a call. Two complaints have been filed with them, as well as with the Better Business Bureau. In response to my first complaint, the woman at The Maids called me and said something like: "Your real estate agent said you had questions about the service performed. We'll re-clean, but I doubt we'll lower the price!"

Mind you, they 1) Lied about their quote; 2) Never called when price exceeded quote; and 3) already re-cleaned, and the kitchen floor was still dirty! I live three hours away - I would never have even agreed on $200 (the house is empty, completely empty and less than 1,100 square feet! ) but felt I needed to get Maids in there so I could re-rent it asap! Their service was poor, and the work was not anything I could not have done on my own in a few hours of work. I just didn't think I'd have the time. Wish now I'd made the time.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2009

I saw an ad in my local paper for a company called The Maids so I called to get a quote and was given a long spiel about how they clean the floor on their hands and knees, send a 4 person team and other details to sell their services. They claimed they were the most thorough cleaning service around. That sold me, so I made an appointment for Friday, Nov. 28, 2008 at 8:00 am to try them out. When they came out, there were not 4 people as promised but rather 3. They claimed on the phone there is always a supervisor who is with the team that speaks fluent English--in my case there was not one present. I was watching the entire time and they did not clean the floor on their hands and knees like they stated over the phone. When they were done cleaning, I was appalled at how so many details were overlooked. I noticed spots all over my refrigerator and scum on both shower heads as well as hard water stains on the faucets.

I asked them don't they come prepared with items such as Lime-A-Way. They are supposed to provide the supplies, but I wound up giving them products that any normal house cleaner has, which wasn't part of the deal. Once they used it, the stains were gone. I paid for 2 hours and they started putting their items outside my door 1 hour and 45 minutes into the cleaning, while I still paid for the remaining 15 minutes. There were many areas I wasn't satisfied with, yet the women who came spoke very little English. I called the office and left a message. No one returned my call and I wound up paying them over $200. I felt beyond ripped off. I have paid $75 in the past for a better cleaning than what I got from a company who claims "they are the best". The only thing they are the best at is ripping off consumers.

After that day, it was a constant cat and mouse game. I spoke to the owner finally and he only offered me $25 or for them to come out again. I didn't feel comfortable with people I complained about coming back into my home and would much rather be given half of my money back since they did half the work. He said he would call me back and never did. I have been leaving messages for him ever since, but he has the calls screened and pretends he isn't there. I called the corporate offices to no avail. I feel their grading should be affected since they don't perform quality work and mislead consumers by stating they do certain tasks which are not performed.

Original review: March 27, 2008

I contacted them to do a deep clean on my house, which would include moving my knick knacks on the entertainment center and piano. They left and had not touched my kitchen, my ceiling fans and their dusting did not go to the bottom of my furniture. What they did dust they did very slow, I guess to charge me more. They did not change the linens or towels and wash them as they told me would be done. I paid $345 for 4 workers but the fourth one didn't show up for 2 hours.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2008

I was told on the phone it would be 4 women cleaning one of which would be a supervisor and they wouldn't charge $120 an hour for that team. After 2 hours, another woman showed up. One of the ways they dusted was to pick up one thing at a time, stand there dusting it then dust where it sat, set it down and on to the next item. It was a very effective way of wasting time to add to the bill. I left for the last 1 1/2 hours and they were gone when I got back. The kitchen had a note saying sorry they did not get to it. The vacuuming was barely done, the upstairs and master bathroom floor was still dirty. The floor in the master had not been vacuumed closest to the bed. The ceiling fans were not touched. I had asked for an extra special deep clean which I did not get even for over $400! I asked for a re-clean but did not get anything except they came back the next day to sloppily do the kitchen.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2007

I hired The Maids to clean a vacant house that I am trying to sell. It has been vacant since 10/23 and I cleaned it superficially, then hired the Maids to make it look, well, professionally cleaned. I explained what I was looking for to Mark ** and he estimated it would take 1 to 1.5 hours. I asked my realtor to hold off all showings until the home was cleaned since you can't really sell a dirty house. The work was allegedly done 11/23, which was Black Friday. I was away for Thanksgiving, so I did not have a chance to check it the next day. Since the house is vacant and we hadn't had any calls for showings, I did not rush up to check the work. I did go on Saturday, the 8th, to see it and it's horrible. Now, the company's Website and Mark ** both said that the service is for 4 people to clean. So I was charged $290 for 4 people to clean a vacant home for 2 hours.

I told Mark that I'd just had Stanley Steemer in so the carpets were good, but if anything looked like it needed vacuuming, to go ahead and do that. When I went to check the house, the first thing I saw was that the staircase carpets looked dirty. On a sheet that was left detailing the work that was done, under vacuum staircase, it said n/a. The kitchen was not cleaned at all. The counters were not wiped, the cabinets, which I specifically asked for, were not touched, the floor wasn't cleaned. The note they'd left me said they wiped done the table, which has visible dirt on it. In the family room, the only thing in the room that would be cleaned was the floor and the glass on the front of a fireplace. I cant' tell if the floor was done, but the fireplace was not even wiped down. None of the bathrooms looked clean. The note the cleaners left said they hadn't had time to do them well.

My frustration is that in 2 hours, according to the info I was left, 4 people managed to dust a vacant home and pretty much do nothing else. I do not think the work was done at all, and I certainly don't think that I was provided with anything close to the service that the Website and owner both advertised. (It's www.themaids.com.) Supposedly, there is a guarantee, but I have now left 4 voice messages for Mark ** and 3 for the corporate office, plus I submitted an online feedback form to the corp. office. No one will even return my call. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and disputed the charge on my credit card, but I'm wondering if those don't work, if I have any legal recourse. Because the house is for sale, I must get it cleaned to show it. So while I originally just wanted the crew to come back and finish the job, I can't keep waiting. I either have to do it myself or hire someone else. If I do that, then I want a refund.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2007

We requested service and they said that there was a special first time cleaning and that they would come out look and estimate that cost. They did and estimated between $240 and $360 (but probably at the lower end). When they showed up and after 3 hours ($360) they were nowhere near done. We asked and found out the 3 women that they sent out thought that they had at least 4 hours ($480) but it would probably be 5 hours ($600). They were working really slow and although they said they did a "complete" cleaning, we found out later that they missed many things - like the soap dish in the shower, the dust on the shower curtain rod, etc. We called it off at 3.5 hours and have filed a complaint with the BBB. These people lie and are just out to take you money - watch out for them!

Original review: May 31, 2007

The Maids representative came to my home to give me a free estimate of the service that was to be provided by the company. At that time I spoke to Michael and he explained to me all the details of their cleaning business. However when the cleaners arrived, I was very disappointed with the work that was done. Nothing was done as the representative Michael promised. The cleaning was so bad that I had to have it done over because I was planning a wedding for my daughter.

The representative Michael can after the service was completed and he advised me that he was totally embarrassed by the work that was done, and he explained this to the manager, Manny, & Debbie. I spoke to Debbie and at the time she advised me that they had not come up with a resolution for the problem. I received a bill first for around 534.00 and I refuse to pay. I later received a bill for 374.50, which I do not think should be paid because the service that was explained to me was not done. Also whatever they used to clean my wood floor's left a white film on the edges.

This is not the professional way to handle this and they advised me that they would come back to clean again. Why would I want them back if they did NOT do it right the first time and my floors have to be cleaned professionally as a result of this? I am complaining because how many other consumers have been taken advantage of at such a costly price? I do not think that I should have been charged a thing because this company DID not stand behind their word!!!

Original review: March 30, 2007

Cleaning staff falsified time sheet stating they arrived at 12:05 when I know for a fact they did not arrive till 12:30 or later. I arrived home at 2:25 & they were not there. I was told it would take 1 hour & possibly an extra hour to do the carpet & they would contact me if it would be any more than that. I left them a blank check. I got home to find a bill for $288.00. The baseboards were not cleaned. The front of the fridge still had food on it & the kitchen cabinets still had coffee & food on them. For 2 hours I mean they had no dishes to do no linens or beds to change/make. I live in a SMALL apartment??

I have had cleaning service before & it was $200 less & they did a better job. The manager I spoke with on the phone did not seem to care about the time discrepancy. I was charged for an extra hour I did not get. I was looking for a maid service to come regularly & wanted to try you out first. Im glad I did not set up any other visits. I feel that I was scammed out of $288. I will know better next time. Thanks for the lesson.

The Maids Company Information