Find a Cleaning Services partner

3. Cleaning Services

3.5/5 (54 ratings)
Find a Cleaning Services partner
Banner image

Looking for cleaning services?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About The Maids

Banner image

Looking for cleaning services?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

The Maids Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Maids?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Maids?

Original review: April 7, 2019

I had my house in Stoughton WI cleaned on Friday, 1/4/19. I was not able to be home at the time due to a family emergency so I was instructed to leave a check in payment for the cost of 4 cleaners for 2 hours, $385.08. First of all, I specifically said I have a dog and would be leaving her at my son's house during the cleaning. There is also a dog bed and dog toys in the kitchen as a reminder, that a dog lives in the home. My son dropped off my dog in the afternoon. He did not look through the house but just opened the door and let her in. Apparently the cleaners changed the trash liner in the kitchen and left the garbage on the floor next to the trash bin - to my dog's absolute delight. My husband came home to shredded garbage bag and trash all over the kitchen floor and two sizable piles of dog vomit. Needless to say, my kitchen floor was in a much worst condition than how I left it.

As a side note, I had thrown out a large bag of Christmas cookies and a bag of unused cookie decorating frosting the night before which made my dog sick and left a very dried sugary mess over a good portion of the wood floor. In addition, the dusting was not done well and there were several clumps of floor dust left on the rug and in corners, and there were several areas of floor that were never touched. I actually made several video clips of the poor dusting and the totally missed dirty floors. I am very displeased with the service I received especially for the price I paid. I emailed The Maids immediately and left a voice message. I received a call back on Monday. I explained what a terrible job the cleaners did and although they suggested they could come back out and re-clean, I requested a 50% refund. I also suggested they send out a supervisor to confirm that I was not exaggerating in order to get a refund.

I met with their supervisor the following day and as I showed her around my house, all she kept repeating was "Oh My, Oh My, this is not how we clean." She did agree that the job was very poorly done and said The Maids would issue me a refund however refunds were not issued until the end of the month. After waiting more than 30 days and calling them back several times, I finally received a check however it was short $10.54. I ended up having to call several more time and finally after 3 months I received my agreed upon refund. I would not use The Maids cleaning service again nor would I recommend them to anyone.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Very disappointed! I was given a quote of $160 to $420 for a "deep cleaning." Within 30 minutes of when they were supposed to be finished I got a call from the company saying that it would take them another two hours and would cost over $700! I told them to pack up and head out when they got to the maximum "estimate." Only 3 of the 5 bathrooms had been cleaned, they partially cleaned the kitchen, only 3 of the 5 bedrooms were cleaned, no floors were washed or vacuumed, and the basement was not cleaned. I had to spend another 2 hours "deep cleaning" my own house. When I called the manager to request an adjustment he said "sorry but the girls put in the work." Perhaps this is the business model - quote a lower amount and then up the price in order to finish the promised work! Very unfortunate.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I spoke with Gail. Who is the manager in the NYC area. She was initially so sweet, working with my very inconvenient issue (TaskRabbit's site is down due to a security issue). And I also have a few other issues... Like a piece of furniture that needs assembling. The price was much more than I normally pay, but I was willing to go ahead and book them because it sounded like it would be efficient and quick and thorough. However at the price it was going to cost, I did not want to have them come and then have the apartment get messed up afterwards. So I decided it would be best to try to schedule for tomorrow.

Then, Gail started being really weird and very manipulative about the booking. I knew they have limited availability tomorrow...so she started making absolutely no sense. Suddenly I was an idiot and she knew what she was talking about, this was because she wanted the booking. I was so mad, I decided not hire The Maids. And, hey, corporate Maids... You can blame Gail for this.

Original review: April 12, 2017

The Maids were very professional and did a wonderful job. Everything was spotless. They were on time, did timely work, and completed everything that was discussed. I have no complaints and no doubts that the job was done right. It was top notch quality. I have a very hairy dog and there was no sign of dog hair anywhere. I was extremely impressed. The price was not bad for the task at hand. It was definitely worth what I paid to have a clean home! You have to expect to pay a little bit to have a professional clean your house. I would highly recommend them for any type of cleaning need.

Original review: April 11, 2017

The Maids has my valued loyalty. They are clean, friendly, reliable, affordable, trust worthy and all around an excellent company. They value their customers and your needs. They arrived when they said they would. I didnt have to sit around waiting. I also left for about 15 minutes and no issues with stolen or items being messed with. I cant say that for the last service I used. The lady also was super nice. She made sure she didnt use anything that might ruin our dining room table. She was really quick too but very efficient in her cleaning. I didnt have a complaint once! Their customer service were super friendly and very helpful as well. They understood my needs and got me a great price compared to other cleaning services in my area. I appreciate this company very much! I highly recommend them for your cleaning needs!

Original review: April 3, 2017

I believe that The Maids value me as a customer because every time I call them they are so nice to me and are able to work with my busy schedule to accommodate my needs. They are very kind and friendly and they get the job done in a timely manner. I need their services asap because I was having people over early the next day. I called and explained to them the urgency of their services and they were able to come later that day. They were able to get the place that I live at clean. Nothing was missed, and I was completely satisfied on how well they did their job. They really know what they are doing.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

They left a dirty house - floors left dirty and dust on windows. It was a very poor job done and I had to re-clean floors & sinks. Cleaning products also had awful strong smell left in our house. Not happy with the staff at all and the performance was awful, although timeliness was acceptable. They need better training & make sure a manager checks their work before leaving a house. Bad reputation leaving a house dirty. Very disappointing experience overall & would have hoped for a better job. And service was expensive - not worth it. I thought it was expensive to begin with, but was reassured they did good work but it was not good at all. Would never use them again nor recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

The Maid girls were very professional and polite. They always ask if I needed anything else done when they were finished. The manager of the office always call the day before to tell me the time and the girls are always here within 30 minutes and if they were late they called to let me know if they were going to be late. They brought their own supplies and if I wanted my own product they used them. They were very thorough but they were also quick. They were great about doing baseboard and doors. Everything smelled good and clean. I think their prices were very reasonable for the quality of service and if I needed more work done they charge me accordingly to the work to be done.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

They were very courteous and helpful. Did a very good job cleaning. Very hard workers. They were on time and very hard workers. I'd definitely recommend them and use them in the future. They were very experienced. Did a thorough job. I would recommend them to anyone and would use them in the future. Pleasant experience. I have told friends and family to use their service. They showed up on time and worked hard and were quicker than I expected them to be. Will use them in the future and have recommended their services to friends and family. It was better than I expected. Will use then again and recommend them to anyone. Five star experience, hard workers and courteous, very respectful.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2016

They seemed cheery and happy to help. The setup was quick and easy as far as the customer service side. They were well spoken and knowledgeable about what they offered. They did a good job. Things were cleaned, but it could've been better. Things were slightly disorganized but as far as cleanliness goes it was good. I would rely on the service to clean again. They showed up on time and they didn't take longer than expected. It was pretty efficient. I think there could've been more perks for the price that I paid. But overall I would say it was worth the money. But a little extras would go a long way in making a loyal customer.

The Maids Company Information