The Maids

Compare Cleaning Services

Research top Cleaning Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Some didn't speak English very well which can be difficult when giving directions. Mostly every spot that was in a concealed place was still cleaned well and not ignored. That was impressive, I was hoping that the areas would be cleaned. The people arrived on time. They were finished at the time they gave me. I don't feel like you have to worry about their reliability if I had to hire them again. I thought that I got what I paid for. It was a good value. I was able to have the things that I wanted, done for a price that was worth what I paid.

They were helpful in all aspects of my service. I would highly recommend them to my friends and family. I will only use this service and no other. Overall I was very pleased with everything this company had to offer and will use them again and again!! The quality of the work was wonderful. They cleaned everything. My house was spotless when they were done. I could not be happier with my experience and will continue to use them in the future. The reliability of the company is great. They are always on time. They always do a wonderful job and could not recommend a more reliable company. I truly believe they provide an invaluable service. My wife is pregnant and I work a lot so to have this wonderful company to help us is truly invaluable.

The customer service was outstanding. They knew exactly what to ask to see what I needed done for my home and recommended the right professionals to get the jobs done. Couldn't of been happier with the quality of service. They treated my home just like it was their own. Didn't have to watch every move they made to get the jobs done right. They were right on time which helped a lot and like I said the performance was outstanding compared to what I could of done. I just had have surgery and couldn't get the things cleaned the way I wanted them done. Hourly wage was fair for all they put into cleaning my house. Couldn't of asked for better professionals to clean my house for the fair price they charged.

Customer service was excellent. The quality and professionalism is fantastic. Every inch of each room was cleaned spotless. The workers were very professional and pleasant. The quality of the cleaning was fantastic. My home looked fantastic and smelled fresh and clean. There were some stains in the shower that the worker was able to completely remove. Very very reliable. Showed up at the time set for the service. Very professional and pleasant attitude. Appeared to really love their job which truly showed in their work. The value of the service was more than well worth it. 5 rooms were cleaned professionally and thoroughly. I use this service monthly and am very very pleased.

They just came and did their job, didn't have conversation or talk or do anything extra. It was average customer service. The cleaning was okay, but I was not amazed due to the fact that I am the one who usually does the cleaning in my household and I try to make it as clean as possible, but their service just tidied things up. The time of the service was fine because they came on time, finished cleaning in a timely manner and did not complain nor rush it. I would recommend this service because of the time performance, but everything else was mediocre, and not really anything special. The value was good due to the fact it was not that expensive although I would not recommend because the job done did not fully complete my requests to how clean I would have wanted it to be. Otherwise I would be glad to recommend to anyone who just wants their place to be tidied up.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Maids?

Communication with the company was easy and efficient. Service appointment was simple to schedule and team arrived on time as arranged. Cleaning crew was complete and thorough completing tasks efficiently. Time was not wasted and my home was left spotless. Good attention to detail in every room. The appointment time was at a convenient time for me. I was pleased to see the crew arrive promptly on time as I had other things to do after. I would recommend. Overall, the quality of the cleaning service versus the price paid was worth it. I received a thorough cleaning job better than I would have been able to complete on my own.

The customer service was great. They are always available to book an appointment and answer your questions and concerns as well to satisfy your needs. The quality of the experience was great. They did a great job making sure everything is cleaned and tidy. They always double-checked before they leave. The reliability in terms of timeliness and their performance was great. They may come early to be familiar with their surroundings. The perceived value is also great. It is not expensive and affordable. From time to time, there are coupons available so you can save extra money.

Friendly and knows how to deal with customers very well. Despite of busy line they manage to accommodate nicely. Customer service is really good. Everything is clean. They do their chores really good. I will always use them every time I need cleaners. Very hardworking and nice people. All over performance -- I am contented and happy with the service. Always on time, ask question, and have the common sense to do their work, no need to supervise, can be trusted. They value all their client well, treat each one as a friend, and help each other. They do their work as what you expect and always finish on the way you want it to be.

Generally easy to get a real person when you need to, but I've also never had a negative experience with the service, so my need to contact customer service has only ever been related to appointment times. We were able to leave our home in the morning, trust their team members to work freely while we worked, and then come home to a sparkling, wonderful-smelling house that felt new. Would definitely recommend them! We only ever had one instance where they needed to delay a start time, and even then it was only an hour, so overall no issues or complaints. Slightly more expensive than the individual contractor we'd been using, but also more reliable and on-time, and backed by a guarantee that we couldn't get by working with an individual.

Very easy to work with and schedule. I called and was able to make an appointment on short notice. I was very standard with the customer service. They arrived on time and did the work that was specified. Were professional and courteous of my home. I was very satisfied with the overall quality of the sale. They showed up when I expected them to and did a fine job. Everything that was agreed to was what I decide was and I was very happy with it. It was a decent value for the money. A little expensive but worth it for the convenience.

They didn't clean too good, and they always seemed to be in a hurry a lot of the time. Some of their work was thorough, but other spots they didn't get clean whatsoever. The service that they provided wasn't too terribly good in my opinion. They had to hurry along to get things cleaned, and that I didn't like. They would always come on time no questions asked. Their performance was pretty good for the most part. They were reliable when they came to my place. The value wasn't too good because it was quite expensive for not doing very much for their time. I didn't like that they would charge so much money.

The customer service I have received through this company has been utterly and entirely helpful. I would recommend this service to my friends and colleagues and hope their service quality is consistent as I had a good experience with them. The quality of the service was above average. Unlike many of the services I have used previously, this one was friendly and quick while also thorough with their work. The service is also flexible and extremely convenient. They are professional and reliable. They show the makings of a stand-up and proper business as far as their quality and reliability goes. I hope their work is consistent with the experience I had with them. It was a tad on the expensive side. They did do good work and had friendly service, however, I'm sure all customers would like to pay less for any kind of service they have to have provided.

The customer service of this brand was good, the lady did what was asked/expected of her without any issues whatsoever. Would recommend. This service sent a very nice and hardworking lady and we were very pleased with her quality of work when we came home. She arrived on time and finished in a reasonable time as well. She did very well and was a very pleasant lady. Never has any issues with reliability. This company as a whole is very professional and does quality work. They went above and beyond with the persons they sent out to meet us. She was wonderful and I wouldn't want my money to go to anyone less qualified.

The customer service was great. Before I hired this company, I have to say, I was in doubt. I didn't want to be disappointed, and I wasn't, they were very interested in me and my needs. They exceeded my expectations. I would definitely hire them again. They met & exceeded my every need, made sure I was completely satisfied before leaving, and they always showed professionalism and quality of work. To me the appearance & attitude tells a lot about you, specially at work. Whether it's just a job or your own company you should always work with great attitude and demonstrate all quality skills to clients and that exactly what they demonstrated.

They were always on time. I have to say I was never kept waiting. In fact they were always at my place about 30 minutes prior to the appointed time, which is great if you work on a tight schedule and have to be rushing in and out. They're a bit pricey but it's definitely worth the money. You get what you pay for, and overall if you don't like anything at all, you can always speak up and they will listen to your complaints. Most times they ask you if there was anything you didn't like about their service.

Very friendly, courteous and efficient. Answered all of my questions and did not rush through cleaning or speaking to me. Always were available and understanding when I need to change days or times. My home was always cleaned from top to bottom. Even the ceiling fans were dusted and window sills were cleaned. I never worried if they would do a good job or not. Employees were never late, usually showed up a few minutes early and were always ready to work or wait if I wasn't quite ready for them to start cleaning. I did a lot of comparison shopping as my dollar is important to me. The value of which I was getting couldn't be matched anywhere for what I was charged.

Very friendly and cooperative. Listen attentively and gets the job done fast. Owner very nice, great relationships. Organized business with great employees and employers. Clean, fast and efficient. Everything was clean. They were able to reach spaces in my refrigerator and ceilings that were usually missed. Brought their own supplies so it was very easy for us. Great service. Very responsible and responsive to my questions. Available most times that I needed. Great people to be around and very nice. Worth the money. Great prices for the service received. Very attentive to areas usually skipped over. Would highly recommend them.

The Maids service was friendly and wonderful. They were bright, easy going and very serious about their work. I would always recommend their company. There was not a spot left after they left my home. They were very fast and efficient. I was very satisfied with their services. They cleaned things I didn't even realize were dirty! Very reliable service. The Maids are always on time, they always call when they're on their way. I feel I can fully trust them in my home. Having peace of mind and knowing your home and belongings will be safe is priceless. The Maids are trustworthy, reliable and hardworking. Worth every penny!

Went smoothly and didn't have too many problems. The company's manager had an amazing attitude throughout the entire call. The manager had offered a coupon and to send his best cleaning crew to help I was more than satisfied. The quality of how well they had cleaned, dusted, and hand washed my belongings was beyond my expectation. I would most definitely have it done again if I ever needed to. They made it on time with no bad attitudes and I welcomed them in without a problem. I wanted to thank each one of them individually. They are absolutely great. No issues at all. I am grateful for their services and will be more than happy to recommend them to any of my friends if they were looking for a clean up service. They were great couldn't have been any more grateful.

No issues with most of them. There was few I had trouble understanding but over all can't complain. Would use again if needed. They cleaned everything very well. No major issues. Was after a knee surgery, couldn't do much on my own so their service helped a lot keep things clean. They were on time. Finished in a timely manner. They gave me a better quote than most places and the final bill was not that bad. I'd recommend and use this service again.

They take accurate amounts of time, and clean very well. I was very happy, and pleased. I could tell they are very professional in their business, and I highly recommend them to anyone. Their quality is outstanding. The products they use are very professional, and very effective. They know what they are doing as maids. Whatever they use, the products are way better than what I use to use. The value of their time, and expertise is very well worth it. I would even pay a higher price because of their professionalism. You can't go wrong with this type of service.

Good quality service. Made up my bed and cleaned up every room. It was very spotless. I was very impressed. I love how they made up the bed. It had no creases in it at all. I was surprised and lucky that I had such a good cleaning service.

They were very nice and took all my concerns into consideration while cleaning my home. I was satisfied with the work and their attention to detail. They pay attention to every detail. They do their job well. I would definitely use them again as well as recommended them to my friends and family. They were always on time. They came to do a job and they did their work in a timely manner. I would hire them again. I believe the value of the work performed was well worth the money spent on their cleaning services. I was very pleased with how neat and tidy they left my home.

They did a great job and left the place amazingly clean. I would definitely recommend to a friend and use them again. Everything was spotless and amazing. Also smelled great. The quality was average. It was excellent and it wasn't horrible so average. Could of done a better job but it was ok. Didn't want to fuss or make a big deal so I let it go. They are EXTREMELY reliable. Would use them again when necessary. If someone can't make it they call a day ahead with is great because most people won't even do that. So they are definitely good. The value is a little pricey but it's worth it because they leave the house spotless. Better you pay a little pricey than to use a cheap service and have them not do a good job.

Customer service was extremely friendly and overall helpful. All questions were answered with no confusion remaining afterwards. Wait time was minimal and it was very easy to find the information needed to contact customer service. High quality service as a result of using The Maids. Quick and effective, everything desired was fulfilled. Very reliable service. The Maids came through with high quality work and desirable performance. They did not linger around to increase their pay. They simply came in and got the job done with tremendous speed and quality. Perceived value was of high quality as I had high expectations and all of them were exceeded with minimal effort. I am extremely happy for the service and would definitely recommend future usage.

Once you place a call for the maids to come, they'll give you a time limit, and it is always accurate. Once they come in they ask specific areas of your house you would like to be cleaned, and products that you would like them to use. Some of their products made my allergies go out of place. But in the beginning they ask you if you are allergic to any of the products that they used. All you have to do is give them a call, and they'll give you a time limit on which they will arrive. Their service is fast and reliable. The company seems to just be getting started, but the service is great. Since they are a fairly new business not too many people probably heard of them. But my perception is great.

Very friendly. A great service. They were very professional. Highly recommended to all my friends and family. Very courteous. They clean very well and organize very well. I loved how my house was cleaned and organized. They take their jobs very seriously. They are reliable and provided the best possible service.

Great customer service and very productive in cleaning and understanding in dealing with customer service. Great service for someone who does not have time to do the work for themselves and hiring another party. The quality of experience is well done and take the time to do the work in an effective and productive way to get the job done. I would recommend this service to anyone who needs help with cleaning. They have many people who are reliable in helping you with cleaning and are available throughout the day and are very flexible in the different times of the day. The perceived value is that it is well operated and the work is done in a productive manner with very little issues. This would be perceived as a sound business for everybody to use.

They clean everything in less than 30 minutes and she was very polite. When you order they ask various questions such as if you have allergy or pets. If you prefer that they use specific cleaning products or what type of furniture you have in your house. The quality for the service that I received was outstanding to say the least. They came over early with 4 people and they got to work quickly and was done in less than 30 minutes. These people are totally reliable for when it comes to cleaning. At first I was expecting a basic clean but they gave me outstanding service. Truly past my expectations. The value of the cleaning service I got was way more than what I paid for and it's super cheap as well. I just have to say these people good, well and beyond in service.

Polite, helpful, accommodating. They inquired about what needed to be accomplished, offered available options until I was satisfied with the plan. Maids were professional, arrived on time, brought all the required tools and cleaners and cleaned to my satisfaction. Could have been done a little faster. I left a message requesting an estimate. Call was returned promptly and presented me with options. I also received a call after the service to inquire of my satisfaction. Room were spotless. Everything was in order. There was no evidence that maids were even there. I would definitely use them again and recommend to friends.

Quickly returned original call, easy appointment setup, variety of options. Did a good job, at a great price, friendly, attractive, willing to do all that was necessary to make a client satisfied. The woman that came for my appointment was thorough, attentive to my needs, and wouldn't quit until I was fully satisfied. She had all the necessary tools and knew how to wield them to perfection. Slightly late due to traffic, but finished everything I requested. And her performance was spectacular, not a hair was left unattended to. After cleaning my bathroom, she did some maintenance on my unruly bush. It was the best trim my bush has ever seen, to looked perfect and she was so gentle with it. Results were as good as new, as it was when it first grew. I told my friends and they all have appointments for bush trimming.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

The Maids is a franchised cleaning service founded in 1979, and it operates in more than 90 cities across the United States and Canada. The company focuses on deep cleaning, and it offers services to alleviate allergies and health concerns.

• Customized cleaning plan: The Maids works with customers to come up with a customized cleaning plan tailored to the needs of their space and lifestyle.
  • Health focus: The company uses a 22-step Healthy Touch Deep Cleaning system to control allergens and help improve indoor air quality.
  • Moving services: The Maids offers a specialized cleaning service for people who are moving to ensure the space is in good condition when they depart.
  • State-of-the-art equipment: The Maids uses a range of high-tech equipment for cleaning, including a backpack vacuum with HEPA filtration, which can pick up 99 percent of allergens in a home.
  • Satisfaction guarantee: The Maids' satisfaction guarantee promises that if customers are dissatisfied and inform the company within 24 hours, the company will come back and clean it again, free of charge.
  • Best for People who have allergies or breathing problems and want to ensure their living space is healthy.

Compare Cleaning Services