3.91/5
Based on 43 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Discover the right cleaning service for you

52 The Maids Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 20, 2018

Very disappointed! I was given a quote of $160 to $420 for a "deep cleaning." Within 30 minutes of when they were supposed to be finished I got a call from the company saying that it would take them another two hours and would cost over $700! I told them to pack up and head out when they got to the maximum "estimate." Only 3 of the 5 bathrooms had been cleaned, they partially cleaned the kitchen, only 3 of the 5 bedrooms were cleaned, no floors were washed or vacuumed, and the basement was not cleaned. I had to spend another 2 hours "deep cleaning" my own house. When I called the manager to request an adjustment he said "sorry but the girls put in the work." Perhaps this is the business model - quote a lower amount and then up the price in order to finish the promised work! Very unfortunate.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I spoke with Gail. Who is the manager in the NYC area. She was initially so sweet, working with my very inconvenient issue (TaskRabbit's site is down due to a security issue). And I also have a few other issues... Like a piece of furniture that needs assembling. The price was much more than I normally pay, but I was willing to go ahead and book them because it sounded like it would be efficient and quick and thorough. However at the price it was going to cost, I did not want to have them come and then have the apartment get messed up afterwards. So I decided it would be best to try to schedule for tomorrow.

Then, Gail started being really weird and very manipulative about the booking. I knew they have limited availability tomorrow...so she started making absolutely no sense. Suddenly I was an idiot and she knew what she was talking about, this was because she wanted the booking. I was so mad, I decided not hire The Maids. And, hey, corporate Maids... You can blame Gail for this.

Get expert buying tips about Cleaning Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 12, 2017

The Maids were very professional and did a wonderful job. Everything was spotless. They were on time, did timely work, and completed everything that was discussed. I have no complaints and no doubts that the job was done right. It was top notch quality. I have a very hairy dog and there was no sign of dog hair anywhere. I was extremely impressed. The price was not bad for the task at hand. It was definitely worth what I paid to have a clean home! You have to expect to pay a little bit to have a professional clean your house. I would highly recommend them for any type of cleaning need.

Original review: April 11, 2017

The Maids has my valued loyalty. They are clean, friendly, reliable, affordable, trust worthy and all around an excellent company. They value their customers and your needs. They arrived when they said they would. I didnt have to sit around waiting. I also left for about 15 minutes and no issues with stolen or items being messed with. I cant say that for the last service I used. The lady also was super nice. She made sure she didnt use anything that might ruin our dining room table. She was really quick too but very efficient in her cleaning. I didnt have a complaint once! Their customer service were super friendly and very helpful as well. They understood my needs and got me a great price compared to other cleaning services in my area. I appreciate this company very much! I highly recommend them for your cleaning needs!

Original review: April 3, 2017

I believe that The Maids value me as a customer because every time I call them they are so nice to me and are able to work with my busy schedule to accommodate my needs. They are very kind and friendly and they get the job done in a timely manner. I need their services asap because I was having people over early the next day. I called and explained to them the urgency of their services and they were able to come later that day. They were able to get the place that I live at clean. Nothing was missed, and I was completely satisfied on how well they did their job. They really know what they are doing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Maids?

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

They left a dirty house - floors left dirty and dust on windows. It was a very poor job done and I had to re-clean floors & sinks. Cleaning products also had awful strong smell left in our house. Not happy with the staff at all and the performance was awful, although timeliness was acceptable. They need better training & make sure a manager checks their work before leaving a house. Bad reputation leaving a house dirty. Very disappointing experience overall & would have hoped for a better job. And service was expensive - not worth it. I thought it was expensive to begin with, but was reassured they did good work but it was not good at all. Would never use them again nor recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

The Maid girls were very professional and polite. They always ask if I needed anything else done when they were finished. The manager of the office always call the day before to tell me the time and the girls are always here within 30 minutes and if they were late they called to let me know if they were going to be late. They brought their own supplies and if I wanted my own product they used them. They were very thorough but they were also quick. They were great about doing baseboard and doors. Everything smelled good and clean. I think their prices were very reasonable for the quality of service and if I needed more work done they charge me accordingly to the work to be done.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

They were very courteous and helpful. Did a very good job cleaning. Very hard workers. They were on time and very hard workers. I'd definitely recommend them and use them in the future. They were very experienced. Did a thorough job. I would recommend them to anyone and would use them in the future. Pleasant experience. I have told friends and family to use their service. They showed up on time and worked hard and were quicker than I expected them to be. Will use them in the future and have recommended their services to friends and family. It was better than I expected. Will use then again and recommend them to anyone. Five star experience, hard workers and courteous, very respectful.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2016

They seemed cheery and happy to help. The setup was quick and easy as far as the customer service side. They were well spoken and knowledgeable about what they offered. They did a good job. Things were cleaned, but it could've been better. Things were slightly disorganized but as far as cleanliness goes it was good. I would rely on the service to clean again. They showed up on time and they didn't take longer than expected. It was pretty efficient. I think there could've been more perks for the price that I paid. But overall I would say it was worth the money. But a little extras would go a long way in making a loyal customer.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

Very helpful. They made sure that I would be satisfied with the service that I requested. They were very accurate with what their services would cost and sent people that could complete the cleaning service in a competent manner and in a timely fashion. The cleaning service performed a thorough cleaning and did it in a timely fashion. They were courteous and did not spend their time talking. My place was sparkly clean when completed. The cleaning service was reliable. They showed up on time and did their work in a timely manner. Very competent and trustworthy. I did not have to redirect them at all.

They performed each service that had been ordered. The perceived value was just the same as had been quoted to me. I was thankful that they performed the services in an adequate way so that I did not mind paying to have the cleaning done. Their manner was professional and they were thorough in their job. I was very pleased with the end result. I got my monies worth.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

It was very exciting the first time that I used the service, but gradually I fell out of touch because of the carousel of strangers that came into my home. At one point, I was going out of town and was told that the schedule was set and I wouldn't be able to change the dates of my service, but would still have to pay for them if the maids were not able to get into the house. When I tried to complain about this fact I wasn't even listened to. For the cost of the service, I should be able to buy a fleet of maids who would do my bidding. For a company of this size, I should be able to get better customer service.

They cleaned the house and did a very thorough job, but the job itself isn't too demanding. My house is small and urban and should take about one hour to clean. They always came on time, but the whole deal was that I couldn't switch my times as efficiently as I would like. My schedule is very fluid and changes week by week. For me to set one schedule is just setting me up for failure. In my opinion I should be able to set up appointments very fluidly and not be locked into scheduling arrangements. It was a fair price based on what other companies in my area charge. I don't think I will be using them again, but that isn't because they are too expensive. In fact, I never thought I could afford to have a cleaning service until I saw how affordable it could be.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

Nothing wrong with the service, all was good and the house was cleaned. We thought that this was the good way to clean the house and they helped in a good way. We liked the maids coming in and doing the service very good. They not only cleaned but they cleaned so well that we were so happy. We figured that they would come by and clean at a certain time and they did. They were so good at their job and God bless them for helping us. We think that we have the best service everywhere. For us the goodness of the cleaning, praise be the lord, helped us to stop fighting with the kids to clean up after themselves.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

Some didn't speak English very well which can be difficult when giving directions. Mostly every spot that was in a concealed place was still cleaned well and not ignored. That was impressive, I was hoping that the areas would be cleaned. The people arrived on time. They were finished at the time they gave me. I don't feel like you have to worry about their reliability if I had to hire them again. I thought that I got what I paid for. It was a good value. I was able to have the things that I wanted, done for a price that was worth what I paid.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

They were helpful in all aspects of my service. I would highly recommend them to my friends and family. I will only use this service and no other. Overall I was very pleased with everything this company had to offer and will use them again and again!! The quality of the work was wonderful. They cleaned everything. My house was spotless when they were done. I could not be happier with my experience and will continue to use them in the future. The reliability of the company is great. They are always on time. They always do a wonderful job and could not recommend a more reliable company. I truly believe they provide an invaluable service. My wife is pregnant and I work a lot so to have this wonderful company to help us is truly invaluable.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

The customer service was outstanding. They knew exactly what to ask to see what I needed done for my home and recommended the right professionals to get the jobs done. Couldn't of been happier with the quality of service. They treated my home just like it was their own. Didn't have to watch every move they made to get the jobs done right. They were right on time which helped a lot and like I said the performance was outstanding compared to what I could of done. I just had have surgery and couldn't get the things cleaned the way I wanted them done. Hourly wage was fair for all they put into cleaning my house. Couldn't of asked for better professionals to clean my house for the fair price they charged.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2016

Customer service was excellent. The quality and professionalism is fantastic. Every inch of each room was cleaned spotless. The workers were very professional and pleasant. The quality of the cleaning was fantastic. My home looked fantastic and smelled fresh and clean. There were some stains in the shower that the worker was able to completely remove. Very very reliable. Showed up at the time set for the service. Very professional and pleasant attitude. Appeared to really love their job which truly showed in their work. The value of the service was more than well worth it. 5 rooms were cleaned professionally and thoroughly. I use this service monthly and am very very pleased.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

They just came and did their job, didn't have conversation or talk or do anything extra. It was average customer service. The cleaning was okay, but I was not amazed due to the fact that I am the one who usually does the cleaning in my household and I try to make it as clean as possible, but their service just tidied things up. The time of the service was fine because they came on time, finished cleaning in a timely manner and did not complain nor rush it. I would recommend this service because of the time performance, but everything else was mediocre, and not really anything special. The value was good due to the fact it was not that expensive although I would not recommend because the job done did not fully complete my requests to how clean I would have wanted it to be. Otherwise I would be glad to recommend to anyone who just wants their place to be tidied up.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

Communication with the company was easy and efficient. Service appointment was simple to schedule and team arrived on time as arranged. Cleaning crew was complete and thorough completing tasks efficiently. Time was not wasted and my home was left spotless. Good attention to detail in every room. The appointment time was at a convenient time for me. I was pleased to see the crew arrive promptly on time as I had other things to do after. I would recommend. Overall, the quality of the cleaning service versus the price paid was worth it. I received a thorough cleaning job better than I would have been able to complete on my own.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2016

The customer service was great. They are always available to book an appointment and answer your questions and concerns as well to satisfy your needs. The quality of the experience was great. They did a great job making sure everything is cleaned and tidy. They always double-checked before they leave. The reliability in terms of timeliness and their performance was great. They may come early to be familiar with their surroundings. The perceived value is also great. It is not expensive and affordable. From time to time, there are coupons available so you can save extra money.

Original review: July 21, 2016

Friendly and knows how to deal with customers very well. Despite of busy line they manage to accommodate nicely. Customer service is really good. Everything is clean. They do their chores really good. I will always use them every time I need cleaners. Very hardworking and nice people. All over performance -- I am contented and happy with the service. Always on time, ask question, and have the common sense to do their work, no need to supervise, can be trusted. They value all their client well, treat each one as a friend, and help each other. They do their work as what you expect and always finish on the way you want it to be.

Original review: July 13, 2016

Generally easy to get a real person when you need to, but I've also never had a negative experience with the service, so my need to contact customer service has only ever been related to appointment times. We were able to leave our home in the morning, trust their team members to work freely while we worked, and then come home to a sparkling, wonderful-smelling house that felt new. Would definitely recommend them! We only ever had one instance where they needed to delay a start time, and even then it was only an hour, so overall no issues or complaints. Slightly more expensive than the individual contractor we'd been using, but also more reliable and on-time, and backed by a guarantee that we couldn't get by working with an individual.

Original review: July 7, 2016

Very easy to work with and schedule. I called and was able to make an appointment on short notice. I was very standard with the customer service. They arrived on time and did the work that was specified. Were professional and courteous of my home. I was very satisfied with the overall quality of the sale. They showed up when I expected them to and did a fine job. Everything that was agreed to was what I decide was and I was very happy with it. It was a decent value for the money. A little expensive but worth it for the convenience.

Original review: July 6, 2016

They didn't clean too good, and they always seemed to be in a hurry a lot of the time. Some of their work was thorough, but other spots they didn't get clean whatsoever. The service that they provided wasn't too terribly good in my opinion. They had to hurry along to get things cleaned, and that I didn't like. They would always come on time no questions asked. Their performance was pretty good for the most part. They were reliable when they came to my place. The value wasn't too good because it was quite expensive for not doing very much for their time. I didn't like that they would charge so much money.

Original review: July 5, 2016

The customer service I have received through this company has been utterly and entirely helpful. I would recommend this service to my friends and colleagues and hope their service quality is consistent as I had a good experience with them. The quality of the service was above average. Unlike many of the services I have used previously, this one was friendly and quick while also thorough with their work. The service is also flexible and extremely convenient. They are professional and reliable. They show the makings of a stand-up and proper business as far as their quality and reliability goes. I hope their work is consistent with the experience I had with them. It was a tad on the expensive side. They did do good work and had friendly service, however, I'm sure all customers would like to pay less for any kind of service they have to have provided.

Original review: July 2, 2016

The customer service of this brand was good, the lady did what was asked/expected of her without any issues whatsoever. Would recommend. This service sent a very nice and hardworking lady and we were very pleased with her quality of work when we came home. She arrived on time and finished in a reasonable time as well. She did very well and was a very pleasant lady. Never has any issues with reliability. This company as a whole is very professional and does quality work. They went above and beyond with the persons they sent out to meet us. She was wonderful and I wouldn't want my money to go to anyone less qualified.

Original review: July 1, 2016

The customer service was great. Before I hired this company, I have to say, I was in doubt. I didn't want to be disappointed, and I wasn't, they were very interested in me and my needs. They exceeded my expectations. I would definitely hire them again. They met & exceeded my every need, made sure I was completely satisfied before leaving, and they always showed professionalism and quality of work. To me the appearance & attitude tells a lot about you, specially at work. Whether it's just a job or your own company you should always work with great attitude and demonstrate all quality skills to clients and that exactly what they demonstrated.

They were always on time. I have to say I was never kept waiting. In fact they were always at my place about 30 minutes prior to the appointed time, which is great if you work on a tight schedule and have to be rushing in and out. They're a bit pricey but it's definitely worth the money. You get what you pay for, and overall if you don't like anything at all, you can always speak up and they will listen to your complaints. Most times they ask you if there was anything you didn't like about their service.

Original review: June 29, 2016

Very friendly, courteous and efficient. Answered all of my questions and did not rush through cleaning or speaking to me. Always were available and understanding when I need to change days or times. My home was always cleaned from top to bottom. Even the ceiling fans were dusted and window sills were cleaned. I never worried if they would do a good job or not. Employees were never late, usually showed up a few minutes early and were always ready to work or wait if I wasn't quite ready for them to start cleaning. I did a lot of comparison shopping as my dollar is important to me. The value of which I was getting couldn't be matched anywhere for what I was charged.

Original review: June 26, 2016

Very friendly and cooperative. Listen attentively and gets the job done fast. Owner very nice, great relationships. Organized business with great employees and employers. Clean, fast and efficient. Everything was clean. They were able to reach spaces in my refrigerator and ceilings that were usually missed. Brought their own supplies so it was very easy for us. Great service. Very responsible and responsive to my questions. Available most times that I needed. Great people to be around and very nice. Worth the money. Great prices for the service received. Very attentive to areas usually skipped over. Would highly recommend them.

Original review: June 25, 2016

The Maids service was friendly and wonderful. They were bright, easy going and very serious about their work. I would always recommend their company. There was not a spot left after they left my home. They were very fast and efficient. I was very satisfied with their services. They cleaned things I didn't even realize were dirty! Very reliable service. The Maids are always on time, they always call when they're on their way. I feel I can fully trust them in my home. Having peace of mind and knowing your home and belongings will be safe is priceless. The Maids are trustworthy, reliable and hardworking. Worth every penny!

Original review: June 24, 2016

Went smoothly and didn't have too many problems. The company's manager had an amazing attitude throughout the entire call. The manager had offered a coupon and to send his best cleaning crew to help I was more than satisfied. The quality of how well they had cleaned, dusted, and hand washed my belongings was beyond my expectation. I would most definitely have it done again if I ever needed to. They made it on time with no bad attitudes and I welcomed them in without a problem. I wanted to thank each one of them individually. They are absolutely great. No issues at all. I am grateful for their services and will be more than happy to recommend them to any of my friends if they were looking for a clean up service. They were great couldn't have been any more grateful.

Not sure about The Maids?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Cleaning Services for you.

The Maids expert review by ConsumerAffairs

The Maids is a franchised cleaning service founded in 1979, and it operates in more than 90 cities across the United States and Canada. The company focuses on deep cleaning, and it offers services to alleviate allergies and health concerns.

• Customized cleaning plan: The Maids works with customers to come up with a customized cleaning plan tailored to the needs of their space and lifestyle.

• Health focus: The company uses a 22-step Healthy Touch Deep Cleaning system to control allergens and help improve indoor air quality.

• Moving services: The Maids offers a specialized cleaning service for people who are moving to ensure the space is in good condition when they depart.

• State-of-the-art equipment: The Maids uses a range of high-tech equipment for cleaning, including a backpack vacuum with HEPA filtration, which can pick up 99 percent of allergens in a home.

• Satisfaction guarantee: The Maids' satisfaction guarantee promises that if customers are dissatisfied and inform the company within 24 hours, the company will come back and clean it again, free of charge.

• Best for: People who have allergies or breathing problems and want to ensure their living space is healthy.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

Omaha
    NE
    www.maids.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business