2.52/5
Based on 54 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Discover the right cleaning service for you

58 The Cleaning Authority Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 14, 2018

I have been using The Cleaning Authority for over 6 months. I cannot say enough good things about the team that takes care of my house. Beatriz, Gabby & Anipura (sp?) are so efficient, always on time, they are friendly and courteous. My house literally sparkles when they leave. These three ladies are an awesome team. They work well together, tackling every part of the house and leave it as they found it, only it is sparkling clean. I can't say enough about their cleaning products - no abrasives or strong odor lingering, and their method of deep cleaning certain areas of the house on a rotation schedule. I work long hours - there is no way I could keep up with my housework. The Cleaning Authority is a lifesaver.

Original review: June 25, 2018

Third cleaning service in a year. First service was extremely thorough but unreliable. Second was one woman trying to be a new stay at home mom. She was reliable but just ok and charged more than she earned. She ended up moving, so I called The Cleaning Authority after receiving a mail flyer. The flyer was impressive. I loved the green clean, and the rotation of room cleanings. Also, the "closed door policy" was comforting to hear (if the door/drawer is closed, they are not allowed to open it). I called and left message (always have to leave message, no one ever answers). Soft spoken, pleasant Dave called back, scheduled an estimate.

The estimate was perfect, however the first TWO cleanings were $50 extra for first time deep cleaning. (This is the third deep cleaning fee I've paid in a year and by far the most expensive at $100 extra). Everything else sounded great so I scheduled for biweekly service. Dave said they would be there around 11 am. They showed up after 2 pm, and all 3 girls walked through the grass, upsetting my husband. 3... THREE girls were there for approximately 3 hours (they were all very sweet). The bathrooms and kitchen were supposed to be deep cleaned. EVERYTHING was half cleaned!! The kitchen was acceptable (not deep cleaned) with the exception of the cabinet fronts not being wiped well. The hall bath which is seldom used didn't appear to be touched other than the mirror and the counter top. There was still baby powder on the tub ledge. And the floor was not mopped (or mopped well... Definitely not deep cleaned).

Not much better in the master bath. Both bathrooms and kitchen were updated in 2013 so they are easy to clean... And look perfect when they are deep cleaned. However, the tile still showed soap scum in our shower and around the sink drain. Glass ledge was not dusted, floor didn't look mopped. Dining room table and chairs not dusted, debris found throughout hardwood and tile floors in house, child's hand prints STILL on sliding glass doors. Both sets in two different rooms (I mentioned this in particular to Dave during estimate). Sunroom that we use as family room barely looked touched. Child's table not wiped. Sticky substance still there. Popcorn kernels and several toys on floor under edges of toys and furniture.

Under ottoman was dusty and dirty. Dusting was here and there or not at all throughout house. Laundry room didn't looked touched other than vacuumed tile. Half bath was clean. Child's room trash can not emptied. Several other things. I called Dave Thursday after we noticed everything and left a message. He didn't call back until Friday morning. I was dropping off my child and did not answer. I called back and left another message. I called back again on Tuesday and left another message. He called back Tuesday afternoon, noted eveything they missed, all the while asking if it was something they would have had to move or stand on a ladder, because they do not move heavy furniture or use ladders.

He also keep excusing their cleaning with, "does it look like they may have cleaned around the area you are referring to" as if they aren't supposed to move anything to get under it. For example, my 16 month old has a sit and ride toy and a walker that she pushed around when she began walking. They are both made of plastic and weigh 5 pounds each at the most. Those were not moved on our hardwood floor! Just vacuum/swept around. After clarifying child's toys (with table legs or wheels), light ottoman, dining chairs, and visibly under edges of furniture, and more importantly the deep cleaning was not done. Between THREE employees, he agreed they missed things and scheduled them to come out to fix the mistakes on Wed or Thurs. He'd have to check and call me back.

He called Thursday around 10 or 11 am. His message said they were cleaning in the area that day and wanted to ask if they could come clean after. I called around 12:30 and left a message saying YES. He called after 3 and said it was too late in the day now because they were no longer in the area!! He asked if they could come out next week. OVER A WEEK LATER. I was beyond frustrated saying the suggestion seemed pointless. He agreed and asked if I wanted a credit on my next cleaning or a partial refund. I opposed to another cleaning and opted for the refund. He said he would do some calculating and call me back. That was 11 days ago. This company is a joke.

Get expert buying tips about Cleaning Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 24, 2018

They do very bad work and they look in things that should not be in! They could not speak English whatsoever. I would like recommend them to anyone and I should get my money back on all the service date at least half!!! Half of pay for half done work that would be fair on all counts!!! Please stop them from getting by with it!!!

Original review: May 14, 2018

Had I only checked the many poor reviews for this company before I used their service, I would not be writing this. But I didn’t so here is the account of my experience with The Cleaning Authority. The franchisee Ricardo ** made a lot of big promises of the great results I would have if I hired his company. The Cleaning Authority team consisted of two women who barely understood much English. They didn’t do a very good job but due to the fact that they were only here for two hours, I decided that I would point out the things they left unattended or poorly performed when they came back in two weeks. I began to notice a number of scratches on my wood floors that weren’t there before. When they came back I showed them the scratches and inspected their vacuum cleaner. There was no rubber gasket on the back side so in essence, they were vacuuming my wood floors with a bare metal edge on the vacuum.

The scratches were everywhere. I told them “See? Your vacuum is scratching my floors”, and gave them a dust mop to use. I went back to opening my mail when I heard a loud sound coming from the bedroom. I went quickly to investigate. They had taken all of the dusty dirty things from under the bed (Christmas wrapping paper, boots, small gym bags and the like), piled it all on top of my $300.00 bedspread and pillows and shoved the bed off of its protective roller cups and all the way across the room, leaving behind the biggest deepest scratches you can imagine. When I pointed at the giant scratches they had made the one said “oh, so sorry”. I was horrified. I told them it was nothing personal but I am very upset and they needed to just stop and leave. I took 20 pictures of the fresh scratches all over the house including the 8 foot long one they had just made across the bedroom floor.

I called The Cleaning Authority franchise owner Ricardo ** and sent him some of the photos. He said he would like to see them in person. We set up a time to meet at my home. I just now had a meeting with the Miami franchisee, Ricardo. Everything I showed him, he responded “we didn't do that”. When I showed him the giant scratch across the bedroom floor he said “We don’t move furniture. We didn’t do that”.

I said, "So you are standing here telling me I’m a liar and something I saw happen with my own eyes, didn’t happen!" When I showed him the photo I had taken of all the dusty dirt and hairballs on my pillow, dated at the time his crew of two were still here, He said, “We didn’t do that. We never move any furniture, and the scratches you are showing me were already there.” Needless to say, I was and still am furious. He was standing there denying everything I said regardless of the fact I had shown him proof. My advice to anyone considering hiring this company, DON’T!

Original review: May 14, 2018

I had The Cleaning Authority out to clean my home. The woman did a HORRIBLE job. She was barely there for 2 hours! She left dirt on my floors, dirty bathrooms, she sprayed cleaner all over my wood floor and left it without wiping it up. I had a full page of things that she didn't do that were on her list of items to complete. I called the owner and he said he would discount me $30. However, instead of refunding me the original charge, he charged me again minus the $30. I contacted him to try and resolve the issue and he claimed that he voided the original charge but it never showed up on my account. I tried to contact him again and he completely ignored me. This is a terrible unprofessional company and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Cleaning Authority?

Original review: May 11, 2018

Don't trust everything that they say while soliciting your business. We had them come visit our home, inspect and provide a quote. While doing all of this, one of their owners Joe, seemed soft spoken, honest and took time to explain things. We explained some points or asks that we were particular about to which were assured as rudimentary and ones that will be done. Simple things like having the same team for the cleaning every visit, this was mentioned as their USP or cleaning not just the front of the kitchen cabinets or drawers but to also wipe underneath. Joe indicated that he understood all these and even agreed that given our culture and cooking these details would be taken care of.

Well guess what, none of these were going to be done and when asked to speak to him, he had the audacity to just indicate that maybe they were not the best company for us to deal with and had his crew leave. While asking for business he came across as a courteous, honest and humble person but when we asked to speak to him, then we got to see the opposite side of this. We definitely would not recommend them to anyone but if you must sign up with them, get everything in writing or you would face the same issues as us.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I was excited to try having someone come clean my home -- a special treat to myself. I liked the information on the brochure about The Cleaning Authority because they said they used natural products, had a rotation for deep cleaning, and would send out teams to clean my home. I decided to start with just once a month, since it's just me in my home, and I figured that I wouldn't need too much professional cleaning -- I could do some myself.

I came home from work on April 10, 2018, the day of my initial deep clean, which was to include the kitchen and the bathrooms. In the kitchen, my eyes were immediately drawn to the dust all along the baseboards. I walked around my incredibly small, galley kitchen and saw that it didn't look much different than it had when I left in the morning: the outside of the dishwasher had not been wiped down and the cupboards had not been wiped down -- there was a ketchup spot in one area, and some flour in the groves in another area. I took a damp cloth and was able to clean these areas myself, so it is not like they were dirty because the "natural" cleansers hadn't worked.

I went on into the guest bathroom. There I found dirty water marks on the shower tile (like someone had wrung out a dirty cloth and left the water spots to dry), plus cobwebs behind and next to the toilet. In the hallway, there was a scrap of fabric along the baseboard that a vacuum did not pick up. From there, I went into the master bathroom. Initially, this room actually looked like it HAD been cleaned. Then I looked up and discovered a dusty exhaust fan -- easy enough to clean with a vacuum cleaner. My Mr. Clean Magic Eraser sponge was put in my toothbrush cup, along with my toothbrush!

Throughout the house, EVERY tissue box had two tissues that were taken out, twisted together to look like a flower, and put BACK INTO the tissue box! This was between 10 and 12 tissues that were wasted because I have no desire to blow my nose tissues that have been touched by someone else. By stuffing these back into the tissue box, that also meant that the tissues they touched were no longer as sanitary as they had been prior to this!

The final straw, however, was that the flusher on the toilet in the master bathroom had been broken -- the handle snapped off from the arm within the tank! REPEATEDLY, I tried contacting the company to express my disappointment and displeasure with the lack of cleaning that had taken place, and with the damage to my toilet! I talked with people from the answering service who said that they would have someone call me soon. I talked with the person who had signed off as the supervisor, who had come to check out the cleaning, but she said that most of the work had not been done when she stopped by the house, early on in the cleaning process, so she hadn't seen the state of the kitchen and guest bath.

At last, I talked to one person who told me to get a replacement handle and they would pay for it. She offered to have the teams do deep cleaning in two areas the next time they come out, in order to make up for their earlier poor work. I declined this, as I had already done the cleaning myself that they had missed. I canceled my service. I wanted to speak with a manager because I wanted some satisfaction of getting reimbursement for at least part of the money that I had paid out for this initial cleaning -- almost twice as much as the typical monthly cleaning would be. I continued to try to speak to someone, but the answering service simply said they'd have someone call me.

Days went by. I called again. Was told that a manager would be contacting me. This happened a couple of times, over the course of about a week. Finally, I was able to talk with a manager who told me that they don't give money back for initial deep cleaning... I emphasized that I had not received a deep clean. "Company policy not to give back money". This manager told me to email the receipt for the broken toilet flusher and they would replace it. I asked if I could email the photos I'd taken of the unsatisfactory cleaning job. I was told that I could do so.

So, I sent a series of emails with all of the pictures, including one of the receipt for the broken part. That was over a week and a half ago. I have heard nothing back, including no reimbursement for my broken flusher. I am VERY dissatisfied with the cleaning service and the subsequent lack of customer service! I wish that I had read some of the reviews here before I signed up with this company!

Original review: April 27, 2018

Wednesday (4/25/18) with The Cleaning Authority - Austin warrants the single star. First, I would like to point out the things I have appreciated about the company: The rotating deep cleaning schedule. The understanding they showed when we had to cancel our scheduled cleaning at the last minute because our 3-year-old was running a 104 fever. (They only charged us the minimum fee and were really sweet about it.)

Now, for the unfortunate events of Wednesday (4/25/18): We were scheduled for a cleaning, and without notice, had our time pushed back until very late in the day (which wasn't too big of a deal as we understand that things happen, people get sick, etc.). We just decided that we would talk to them about timing before the next regularly scheduled cleaning. We were checking our home security system to see if the crew had arrived yet at various points throughout the day. While doing this, my husband came across footage of a field manager sticking our house key underneath our doormat HOURS before a crew showed up. We were expressly told that the key to our home would NEVER be out of the hands of the company; yet, not only was it left, but it was poorly hidden, thereby allowing potential access to anyone who happened to notice it (including the multiple package deliveries and the solicitors who happened to stop by our residence that day).

As a mother of two young children -- 3 and 1.5 -- this is frightening and just blatantly unacceptable. When my husband noticed this on the footage, he immediately called the company. The representative he spoke with explained that our normal crew had to cancel (which we totally understand happens sometimes), and that was why we had been pushed back so late in the day, but that I replacement crew was on their way and would be there within minutes. He expressed his frustration with the house key situation at that time and was told he would get a call back from a manager. In the meantime, the replacement crew arrived. They were not in a Cleaning Authority vehicle, nor were they wearing Cleaning Authority shirts. When we later asked the manager during our call back if this replacement crew was subcontractors that aren't actually employed by The Cleaning Authority - Austin, she repeatedly dodged the question.

One of the things that sold us on this company was the safety aspect, as well as our protection from worker's compensation issues. They check their crews and provide coverage if an injury occurs. I do not know whether the background of this crew was investigated or whether we are protected from liability if one of them is injured because of the subcontracting issue. Now, it may be the case The Cleaning Authority - Austin has addressed both of those issues with their subcontracting practices (which we didn't even know existed with their company), but I, as the customer, don't have that assurance.

So, the new crew shows up and gets to work. Our barking dog, who is doing her job in barking at people she doesn't know who have entered our home, was put outside by a member of the crew. The problem with this is two-fold: (1) she had no access to water in our backyard, but (2) that didn't really matter because it was POURING down rain and there is no shelter for her out there (as she is an inside dog). My husband sees this on the security system and begins to rush home with the kids. He asks me at work to continue to keep an eye on things as he can't while driving.

During my time of watching the camera, I see something that is disgusting and unacceptable. One crew member picked up a dirty rag off of the floor from a pile that had been stepped on and over as they worked, and wiped down our coffee table and countertops with it. Yes, a dirty rag, off of the floor, and no cleaning product on it to boot. This same crew member also cleaned our living room ceiling fan and beat out the dust ON OUR COUCH. Talk about spreading dust and allergens.

In the end, we expressed our concerns to the manager who returned our call (which she did do the same day) and canceled our service. Still, we paid for our "service" which included our home being left vulnerable. Further, that night while I was at work, my husband had bathe our soaking wet and muddy dog, clean up mud and water tracked in by the dog, disinfect everything because we have no idea what else was "cleaned" with a dirty rag off of the floor, and re-vacuum the living room rug and couch as a result of the crew member using our furniture to beat the dust out of her dusting tool. Also, we will be rekeying our home.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I nominate Terrie and Sherry, team 6, to receive the bonus for Employee Appreciation Month, April. If I could give them stars, I would give them 10. Exceptional employees. Poetically, my house shone like the sun. The house has never been so clean, and it is always very clean after Cleaning Authority has been here.

Original review: April 10, 2018

We hired this company to clean our home every 2 weeks. While they weren't perfect, they did an OK job but we complained several times. It was always a different crew, and most of them did not speak English. We recently discovered some missing medication and while we cannot prove it was them, we trusted them to be in our home when we were not there, and they were the only people in our home in our absence- Big Mistake!!! Not only did they steal the medication, they replaced it with **. We instantly fired this company!

Original review: April 5, 2018

Poor communication - didn't do any of the detail cleaning they claim to do. When I called to have them come back out and do it over - they never called back. They did send out a team when I wasn't home (without scheduling it with me)! I agreed to have them come back in two weeks to try again, but I requested a different cleaning team. Two weeks later they sent THE SAME TEAM. I sent them away and canceled my contract with them.

There is more to this story, but I won't go into detail. Bottom line is 1. The office communication is horrible - they didn't read my emails or do anything I asked them to do, and 2. They didn't clean the things they say they are going to clean. I still had pee (I've got two little boys) all over the back wall of the toilet. I used to do housecleaning when I was in high school - and I've been cleaning my own home for over 30 years. These folks don't know housecleaning. Such a bad experience. I'm going to hire someone private who cares about the work they do and will treat my home like it was theirs.

Original review: March 27, 2018

This company comes every 2 weeks to clean. We have to call them back every time. I’m not being picky either. Things that they are called back for are cleaning 101 things. The owner even left me a card after one of the cleanings and said he personally qualify inspected the cleaning so, it starts at the top. 100% satisfaction guaranteed?

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

We hired The Cleaning Authority (TCA) after receiving a flyer in the mail and liked their approach to focusing on a different section of the house to "deep clean" each visit. Well, this is HOCUS POCUS! The first 2 initial cleans are almost double what the standard rate is because they are taking extra time and care to deep clean the entire house - NOPE! We called after the 1st clean and shared our disappointment; floors still dirty, didn't dust, surface areas not wiped down, etc. They said they would send someone back out (ahem... 4 days later). We have had them come 4 more times, in hopes of pointing things out, encouraging more but they are just not very good. They would rather chat with me, talk on their phones or stand around than actually clean my house. Very, very disappointed.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

I called and set up estimate visit. Stacy came out and was very nice. Was ready to hire and only had one requirement that they send at least one person who could speak English when cleaning. She was going to get back to me. To date, I have heard nothing and actually called back three times to find out what was going on. I will NOT hire this company and if you do, good luck to you. They have yet to call me back and at least tell me why they could not get back to me. Guess they didn't want me as a customer.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

We hired this company based on a referral. We were happy with them in the beginning. However, didn't take long to become disappointed in the quality of work. Leaving lights on, leaving the floor sopping wet and putting furniture back over it. Missing areas, etc. We has spoken to the office on various occasions regarding our disappointment. Their answer was to send the crew back out again. So we cancelled our service and tried 2 other companies. Still disappointed in quality of work. We went back to The Cleaning Authority for the second time only to be disappointed again in their quality of service. Shame on us.

This company won the best cleaning service in Frederick. I was shocked! The bar is not raised very high. They do not care about their quality of work. I paid an additional fee upfront for first cleaning. I also paid every 2 weeks. Since we were not satisfied with the quality of work on pretty much any of the cleanings, after the last one, I didn't pay them. I already made up for this in the additional fee they charged from the first cleaning. They offered to come back out a second time. That's a good use of resources. "Hey we may not get it the first time, but we'll come back a second!" They sent my last cleaning bill to a collection agency. Unbelievable. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I had hired The Cleaning Authority in Nov and two ladies came to clean my home. They were very nice but did not do a very good job at cleaning. One lady had spent over an hour in the kitchen and when looking at the stove, it was extremely dirty. As they were about to leave, worried about the snow, they had forgotten to clean the master room. When contacting Frank at head office in Vaughan he was very rude and just concerned with all of my issues. He did not let me speak and immediately said, "We’re canceling don’t bother complaining." After spending $310 on a cleaning I would expect professional and a clean home. Do not hire company.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

They started out good at first, then I was cancelled in November due to short help in November. Then suppose to start back December, this Nydia lied and said she called to confirm coming that morning. I have called customer service to complain everyday and they say someone other than her will call, never happens. So based on all the bad reviews I will find another service, change my locks and codes. They don’t care that this Nydia is a liar and cause them to lose customers.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

DO NOT HIRE THIS COMPANY!!! I wish we had done more research before hiring this fraud of a company. Right now, I have no reason to think that this cleaning business is nothing but a front to steal things from your home. They "cleaning crew" came on the week following Thanksgiving, we were first-time customers. They made a big show and had a manager out to "evaluate" the progress. At the end, we were not impress with the service and called to cancel right away. I took pictures of the food that was uncleaned from the kitchen backsplash and my daughter's bathroom that was almost entirely uncleaned.

The cleaning crew drank soda (without asking) in our pantry and ate and stole chips (even left a half-drank bottle behind). They had no instructions to clean the pantry so why even go in there?! To add more insult to the experience, they stole our 10-year-old daughter's piggy bank. The piggy was a gift from her granddad at her baby shower and had 400-500 dollars in it. How disgusting to steal from a child. I will be filing a police report and sharing this review everywhere possible to potentially save other families from your low-life, stealing company. Robert Solecki (president of this company) you should be ASHAMED!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

At first, their services were awesome. Unfortunately, the original crew I had one left due to having a baby and the other left due to not being able to find daycare for child. Every crew after that, I had an issue with them not doing their jobs. Floors were not being mopped almost every time. I had to call and complain that the floors had only been vacuumed. I would look at the sheet they left behind, that I kid you not said, "paid special attention to the floors." If that's special attention then I don't want to see what no attention is.

It happened 3 times before I finally said I'm done. I have animals and I hired a cleaning service to help me with cleaning not add to my already full schedule. I told the owner that I will not pay someone to clean my house that I have to watch over and make sure they do their jobs. He should be the one to do this. I had to argue with him to not pay full price for the last visit. I still ended up paying for half but at least I never have to deal with them again. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

The Cleaning Authority - Fort Worth. The owner Jack is so rude. I called him every time after the cleaner were done at the house to explain that things were not being done according to the contract agreement. After the last time when they broke something in the house I was so upset that they would not even replace the item that they broke. Then they came back yesterday and only cleaned 1/2 of the house. At which time I call and said I am canceling the cleaning service if you can call it that? Well today I get a call from Jack the owner began to hurl insults at me and calling me a liar. I wound never use this company and would not recommend it to anyone. The owner is so unprofessional he won't listen when you give him feedback. The company is a joke and showed be put out of business.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

If I could have rated the service with less than 1 Star, I would have. Our cleaning ladies showed up over an hour late to our scheduled time, they didn't clean the floors at all, in fact the floors were dirtier when they left than when they arrived as they placed everything on her floor and wiped crumbs there from the counters. Bath body sponges were left on the toilet, they were to use their own supplies but instead used ours and even took a Costco box of trash bags from our home. During the cleaning they were cussing and talking a lot, even though they are being paid by the hour. One young lady kept leaving the house to take a phone call from her husband because he was now off work. When we call to complain about the awful cleaning job, the manager Yolanda couldn't have been less helpful.

We were scheduled to have someone come to the Home on a Saturday to do a recurring quote and the manager said she would come with this young lady to also finish the cleaning job and correct it. However she ended up calling and leaving a message saying they wouldn't be coming and to call with any questions. I've called several times and I've yet to receive a callback, I tried calling once again and the women told me that the manager left a message saying that they didn't work on Saturdays. Which is clearly not true. I'm appalled at the incompetence this company has and what awful customer service standards, and even worse cleaning standards.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I didn't think to look up reviews before I had used this company. I hired The Cleaning Authority because since my back surgery I haven’t been able to clean the way I like to. So they do an initial clean "A" and an initial clean "B" for their first two visits. That means they focus on certain parts of home doing a detail clean one time and do a brief cleaning of the other rooms and the next time they come it's detailed cleaning of the other rooms that just a brief cleaning was done the first time and a brief cleaning of the rooms they did a detailed cleaning on.

Today was initial "A", they were only here for an hour and a half and when they left I needed to clean up something in every room. Which A. I shouldn't have to clean and B. I had to make a list of everything that was wrong. Mirrors had streaks, floors weren't cleaned right. They didn't even wipe my kitchen cart and that room was supposed to have a detailed cleaning, I can go on and on of everything that wrong. When I got the bill it was for the price of a regular cleaning so I told them it was wrong and I paid the right price which leads me to believe that they did a general cleaning. I called Cleaning Authority and asked to have the manager call me and he did promptly after said he wasn't gonna cash my check and was gonna talk to them and when they come on Monday they will correct it. So I'm curious to see because I know my husband won't be happy about the job they did since it was pretty pricey.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

I started this service following a medical condition that was making it hard for me to keep up on deep cleaning. My house is overall quite clean, but I can no longer dust cobwebs or blinds or fans, etc. They came in and spent 1-1 1/2 hours. Behind blinds on window sill was lots of dust and a dead fly!!! I'm embarrassed to report that, but like I said, I haven't been able to do deep cleaning and I had no idea how much dust had accumulated until I did an "after cleaning" inspection. Cobwebs left in ceiling corners of bathroom- and this particular visit was the bathroom "deep clean" day. I had left when they were here so they didn't have me watching them.

When we got back, the two cleaners had left, but there was a quality control cleaner here, just checking their work. I had brought her around the house to show her the dead fly, cobwebs, dirt/dust on blinds, etc etc. She was very nice and apologetic, but it just wasn't good. I know if I told my 8-year-old grandson to dust the window sill and blinds, he would have gotten the dead fly! It didn't even smell good when I got in- like cleaner or lemons or at least something to tell me it had been cleaned! I don't really know what they were doing the whole time. I didn't want them to do the bedrooms, just 3 bathrooms, living room, family room and kitchen. I only have a 2300 sq foot home, so it's not like I have a mansion, by any means.

When I called to voice my concerns, the girl who answered was very polite, but she still made me pay for the $144 visit! Beware. Look elsewhere for if you want quality cleaners. Also- the owner here in Brookfield, Jeff, was the one who came out to give me an estimate and he was the one I communicated with when it came to scheduling and such. After my cleaning, I emailed him (like I had with other communication, which he always responded quickly). He did not respond, instead I got a call from the office lady. I guess he can reel his customers in, but he isn't around to resolve a problem. Also, I asked for a hard copy bill to be sent to me instead of online payment. I received a piece of paper with LITERALLY nothing but the letter head and the amount due. No itemization for other info. Strange. Oh well, live and learn.

Original review: July 15, 2017

I've been having my home cleaned once a month by this company for over 3 years. It wasn't overly expensive. There were a few things broken. I only told them about one, which they replaced, the other things weren't a big deal so I didn't say anything. The cleaning job was decent but not excellent. I had them come back a couple times for a redo and other times I just called to bring it to their attention and other times I didn't say anything at all.

I have two cats who hide when they are here. They've never had a problem with my cats the entire 3 years. Until now. They came today and I left so as not to be in their way. When I returned 1 hr and 40 min later they were gone. But they had not cleaned my house. They actually left 40 minutes after they got there. When I called I was told that I had pet issues. That there was cat urine and feces on my carpet and the odor was so bad they had to leave. So suddenly after 3 years I developed a pet issue. There was no feces in the floor. I did see a hairball. And I had just cleaned the litter box. They should not send anyone to a house that has an over sensitive nose to pets. I was so upset about this. Saying that my house was too filthy from cat urine and feces to clean. My house is clean and does not smell!!! After 3 years I suddenly have a problem. If you have pets I do not recommend this company at all.

Original review: July 13, 2017

I can't begin to tell you my anger with this company. The workers had some junk/paint on their vacuum and severely damaged my daughters rug. Instead owning up to their mistake first they denied it but then they returned my check after I refused to let them leave without a supervisor coming to look. The supervisor promised to be there in 15 minutes but surprise never came. Who I called he said "why would we do anything to fix it? Your rugs are not in good condition." Umm I'm sorry the rug is less than 2 years old and it didn't have blue paint all over it before. Terrible terrible service. Stay away. and on top of that they don't clean very well and are extremely overpriced. They charged me $198 dollars and the workers stayed less than one and a half hours.

Original review: July 7, 2017

We have been very happy with The Cleaning Authority, to date. They arrive when they are expected (bi weekly) and are quite thorough in their work. Our team is two (usually - sometimes three) and are very friendly. Though one does not speak English, she smiles a lot and responds when she can. We recommend: Yeni ** and Erika ** for employee bonuses.

Original review: July 3, 2017

Charged me $110 for an Initial Cleaning telling me they could get what little mold off that was in my shower. Had to call them back as job was not performed properly. Several things were not cleaned. Was told that the mold would come off in time. Only got worse. Called back again. Still did not perform job. This time told mold was under the grout and would not come off at all. Called a supervisor back after 6/15 cleaning. She agreed job was not done properly and she would personally come back on 6/29 with team which she did. She left note stating mold was under grout and we would need to re-grout.

Husband spent one hour on Sunday 7/2 using a solution of Clorox and Soap and water and mold came right off. No scrubbing needed. Called on Monday 7/3. Had to leave 4 messages. Finally the owner called me back. She refused to give me my house key back because she is away for holiday weekend and refuses to give me refund as well. Now I have to have my locks changed because they want me to wait until it is convenient for them to bring my key back. Nope. Don't trust them at all. They are horrible. Both sinks in the bathroom were not cleaned this time even with a supervisor here and the kitchen sink was not cleaned as well.

Original review: June 23, 2017

HORRIBLE COMPANY!!! Stay away! The service started promising with an inspection of the supervisor after every cleaning session but that slowly went away with less and less inspections until they did not do a single inspection at all anymore. The quality was going downhill super fast after a few months and the duration of their sessions became shorter and shorter too. The last session before we terminated the service was less than an hour and no one could tell if they even cleaned during that visit. Dirty dishes literally thrown on top of each other in the kitchen sink. The counter top looked clean but they just wiped around a couple of envelopes sitting there. A normal person would at least have picked them up and whipped underneath. They have not been in our guest room ever. Things also started to disappear, small weird things like a hair dryer which is under my wife's sink for years and never been seen again after they cleaned.

I've always experienced that house cleaners have an expiration date of about a year, one and a half year before they start slacking. But we believed that with a professional company behind it that wouldn't be the case. But this one was even worst, they did not even make it a full year. Their customer service is the most terrible of the whole experience. They are super arrogant, have no courtesy whatsoever and is very unprofessional. If you call with questions or a complain they will constantly interrupt you and even hang up if you tell them you don't appreciate the interruptions. The Cleaning Authority is nothing more than a fast-food chain trying to get money out of people's pocket as fast as they can, leaving you with a dirty house. Bad performance, horrible service!

Original review: June 14, 2017

I received a flyer for The Cleaning Authority in a mailer packet and scheduled an appointment for someone to come out and do an estimate. The owner/franchisee completed the estimate, we agreed on a price and day of week for cleaning, yet he wasn't able to get me on the schedule for 3 weeks. Okay... so the day of my cleaning arrived and no one showed up. I called their call center, and the rep put me on hold while contacting the owner, and I was then told by the rep that the owner would call me directly. He didn't call until the next day and apologized stating he forgot to add me to the schedule. We rescheduled the cleaning for 2 days later, but I told him I wanted the following cleanings to be on the day of the week we had originally agreed upon and he said that would not be a problem.

I received an email confirmation from him and when I checked the weekly schedule, he had me down for the wrong day of the week. Exasperated at this point, I replied to his email and reminded him of the day of the week we had agreed upon and asked him if he could put me on the schedule for that day; if not, I would need to find another cleaning company. He replied back that he was overwhelmed and it would be best if I found another company. Weeks wasted waiting for this company to deliver! I do not recommend the North Charlotte franchise to anyone looking for a cleaning company!

Original review: May 27, 2017

Dear Lynn, I want to actually give you a zero for this review, if I could give negative stars I would, you earned this rating all by yourself. Thursday afternoon I called and spoke to a very nice guy on the phone who set up a free estimate visit for Friday. I was actually really looking forward to meeting with you. You called me at 11:51 am on Friday when our appointment was at 12. My husband and I were sitting with our newborn baby in the family room which is located at the back of our house as we were waiting for your arrival. After about 20 minutes I decided to call to see where you were. When I looked at my phone I noticed you had called at 11:51 am so I called back as soon as I saw this. My phone is kept on silent as we have a newborn baby and I don't want loud noises waking him up when he is sleeping. I called back at 12:08 pm and no one answered. So I called again at 12:13 pm and spoke to you.

I knew the owner of the company "Lynn" was coming to do a free quote and I was actually going to complain to Lynn about how rude the person was on the phone. To my surprise - I was speaking to YOU... THE OWNER OF A COMPANY THAT RELIES ON REFERRALS, WORD OF MOUTH AND I'M SURE CUSTOMER REVIEWS. Well, unfortunately for you, you will not be getting a positive review from us and I will also make sure to re-post this review all over in every place I can so other people can know what kind of an awful person you were yesterday. I would NEVER do business with someone like you EVER. Your attitude was disgusting and horrible and definitely not the way to earn business from potential customers.

When I did get a hold of you on the phone you told me you had "moved on" to the next customer. I explained to you that we did not hear you at the front door and my phone was on silent because of the baby. I said that was weird. I'm surprised we didn't hear the bell. I was explaining to you why we didn't hear and you were so rude to me I was actually really taken aback. I would never speak to someone the way you spoke to me, especially if I am trying to earn their business. You angrily replied with "there are no cars in the driveway, no one answered and the lights are all off."

Newsflash, cars are parked in the garage, and the lights are off because it's day time, and we have a really big house so we will not hear a quiet little knock at the front door. Most people listen to see if they can hear a door bell ring to make sure it is working but clearly that was too difficult for you to do. LOL! You literally kissed your teeth at me and I could hear the disgusting, angry attitude from you through the phone, I could hear you rolling your eyes at me while you said "ughhh." Is that how you acquire customers? With that wonderful attitude? You said you would come back and I was so turned off that I didn't even want you to but I was willing to give it a chance. To be honest I though I was speaking with a receptionist, not the owner of a company. I would have fired that receptionist - but I guess lucky for you, you can't fire yourself.

You said you were coming back for 1:30 pm. I went to my door to see if you were there and you were not, so I went back to sit with my husband and baby in the family room in the back of my house. At 1:38 pm I heard a really loud banging on my door and I got up and ran to answer to make sure I got to you quickly. My newborn baby was strapped to me in case you didn't notice. When I got to my front door you were walking away so I called for you. You came back and you saw with your own eyes as I tested the door bell. It wasn't working but this is the first I've heard of this as typically homeowners don't ring their own door bells. You saw me test the door bell and you saw a baby on me...

You came into our home with so much attitude, shaking your head at us, angry and telling us "This is the second time I've come and banging and ringing the door bell - I don't know what's going on" and giving me so much attitude. I don't know who you think you are or if you thought that this would be a good way to get my business but there is ZERO chance I would ever let you, or your employees into my house after that. I was really happy to tell you where to go. It will now be my mission to post this everywhere so I can to warn people of the kind of person you are. Have a great day you miserable, angry, bitter awful person.

Not sure about The Cleaning Authority?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Cleaning Services for you.

The Cleaning Authority expert review by ConsumerAffairs

The Cleaning Authority offers residential cleaning services with a particular focus on eco-friendliness. The company was founded in the Baltimore area in 1977, and today, has more than 180 locations across North America.

• Detail-clean rotation system: To clean homes effectively, the company uses a detail-clean rotation system that offers consumers full house-cleans twice for the first two sessions, then rotating partial cleanings to ensure every area is cleaned at the right frequency.

• Green-seal certification: The products that The Cleaning Authority uses are all Green-Seal certified.

• MyTCA Rewards program: The Cleaning Authority offers consumers a rewards program to thank them for their loyalty. Consumers earn points for using the company's services and can redeem them for discounts.

• Locally owned: Each franchise is completely locally owned and operated, so the person managing your cleaning is familiar with your community and area.

• Gift options: The Cleaning Authority allows customers to easily arrange a cleaning for someone else, making it a good gift option.

• Best for: Homeowners who want an eco-friendly cleaning experience, as well as those who are looking to set up routine cleanings with one company.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
    ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

The Cleaning Authority Company Information

1977
    www.thecleaningauthority.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business