2. Homeowners
  3. Cleaning Services

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.68/5

Banner image

Looking for cleaning services?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Banner image

Looking for cleaning services?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

The Cleaning Authority Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Cleaning Authority?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Cleaning Authority?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

They are above average with their cleaning service. They use all green approved cleaning chemical and equipment. Their staff is well-trained and professional. They have great people skills as well as product knowledge of how to properly clean and disinfect all surfaces in need.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

We find the staff of Hannah R. and Shayd to be efficient and very friendly. They put an extra touch in each cleaning and also watch out for our precious cat - who is always very curious. They come in and bring all needed materials and leave us with a bright and shiny house to enjoy. The company has been a very positive experience for us, and we highly recommend their services.

Get buying tips about Cleaning Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 23, 2020

Cleaning Authority sends well-trained, hard-working cleaners to the home. They check up on new cleaners, and they are wearing masks during this COVID-19 time. They are polite, thorough, and professional in their approach. I would like to compliment the management on being able to help me rearrange a scheduling problem at the very last minute. I have had nothing but good experiences with the Cleaning authority. Highly recommend and worth the price!

Original review: April 10, 2021

I told the person who had come out to my home that due to my osteoarthritis, there were two things I could not do; one is to vacuum the floor and the other is to take out the trash. I cannot carry the trash bag downstairs and still hold onto the railing the way I need to. He said not a problem! About three days later I talked to him and he said he was having a problem finding a cleaning team that would take out 20 bags of trash. And I said, "Oh there's only that much because I haven't had anybody do it 10 weeks! If your team comes to my home once a month, there will only be five maybe six bags of trash to take out." He replied "oh, that makes everything much easier". So I signed up for the cleaning service but in two consecutive months the cleaning team refused to take out the trash. They told me that The Cleaning Authority isn't responsible for taking out the trash, and it is not something they do! They will empty the waste cans that are in the house while they are there, into the garbage can, but they will not take the trash outside.

The man who sold me the cleaning Authority service knew all of this - he is one of the owners of the company. And yes he sold me a contract that bound me to a minimum of 4 cleanings for over $100 each! When I finally told him that I had contracted COVID-19 and therefore did not believe his team would want to clean my house any longer, he charged me $150 for early termination. I called but he would never return my call. I finally left word with his secretary that I had been sold a contract under fraudulent terms, and there should be no early termination fee as the contract was never valid. The contract never provided what I was told that it did! The owner of the company! Lying, cheating me, fraudulent promises, fraudulent contracts, and intent to defraud. How is this company still in business? How does a company like this survive? BUYERS BEWARE!!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

I had specific requests when I first hired this company, regarding products to use, and being careful around delicate areas such as marble, and stainless steel. I was assured that the same team would come every week. But much of the time different crews would show up, and I would have to explain my requests to them all over again. NOT to use their own cleaning products, ONLY use mine. I was never happy with the cleaning, and if I have to go over it myself, I will just do it myself to begin with. I also hired them, because they were insured, and if anything was damaged, they would pay for damages. Due to carelessness, my brand new Wolf range obtained very noticeable scratches. This was very upsetting to me. After much going back and forth, they attempted to "fix" the scratches, which made everything look worse. After months of going back and forth, we had agreed, that the Cleaning Authority would replace the scratched part.

I owed them 182 for some cancelled cleanings and we agreed to pay that portion of the cost of the parts and labour. This was a year ago, when my husband was ill. My husband passed away Jan, and I am just getting back to taking care of loose ends. The range issue is still open, and the Cleaning Authority is REFUSING to honour their commitment. DO NOT trust this company if you have delicate materials in your house.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

I have got a new home moving in cleaning done by this group who charged a hefty sum of 1,100 and provided most unprofessional and lousy job of cleaning and that too not completed as specified in details with the manager Jovanna/Phil who have absolutely no control over their cleaning staff. The staff very not professional, wasted tons of time chatting and texting and lying to their manager about work done and wasted 9 hours of time and when asked they had excuses about every detail in the house and finally left the home with an incomplete cleaning work and the parts they cleaned weren’t that good too with lots of dirt and debris lying around.

Finally my husband and I cleaned the whole kitchen and a living room after they left it half way and the cleaning company took the money out from the credit and without even asking if the job was done as specified before. They did lot of talking and texting which was no use and ultimately their service and managers at Mount prospect, IL are scammers who loot your money out by giving worst service. I got my town home cleaned several times and a regular maid will do hundred times better job than these guys for a lot less money. Never again with Cleaning Authority! Don’t fall for their initial nice talk and quote!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

I hate leaving a bad review, but when ignored about poor service and not standing behind your guarantee... Horrendous service, unprofessional cleaning and the worst support EVER! We hired them to clean an empty house for a showing the next day. They left rags on the floor, didn't vacuum the stairs, left the place dusty, didn't clean kitchen cabinets and charged for 2.5 hours when they were only there for 1.3 hours.

Their website states 100% guarantee or they will come back in 24 hours to re-do the cleaning. There was no answer, but got the answering service, who passed on the message to a manager. We only received a text stating that they don't work on Saturdays, closed on Monday... He would refund us 20% ($40). Unacceptable, as the new owners arrive for pre-inspection on Saturday. Very unprofessional company, managers and workers. Due your due diligence and investigate them prior to cleaning. Best advice... go elsewhere!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

The Cleaning Authority (Fishers, IN) came out to my house for the first time back in July 2020, they sent 3 people. They left a young girl in charge of doing my kitchen without any direction from the 2 older people. She severely scratched my SS gas stove. I was not that upset about it and called The Cleaning Authority (Fishers) to let them know. What was upsetting was after 6 weeks of the run around and no one moving forward to get my stove fixed (one excuse after the other about waiting on "John" to get back with them) I had to call the corporate headquarters and write a bad review on The Cleaning Authorities Fishers website for the owner Bill to FINALLY call me. His staff 100% mishandled getting the problem taken care of but instead of Bill acknowledging that, he made me feel like I was the person in the wrong. Then, after another week of him waiting on "John" to get back to him, Bill then told me "John" probably could not "fix" my top.

Long story short, I had to find my own appliance person who immediately told me it was an easy fix, he ordered the part, was out within the week to fix my stove top and the total cost was $275. The Cleaning Authority did pay for the top. The really SAD part about all of this is I actually continued to have them clean again after the stove was scratched, even though they sent 2 girls the second time who could not speak ANY English (that is a tough one when trying to show people what you want done). Mistakes happen and I gave them another shot. But get this one, they actually did not show up for the scheduled cleaning after they paid me for my scratched top....REALLY???? So, bottom line, when you hire a cleaning company, be sure that they will make things RIGHT if they break something, scratch something, or steal something because in the end, that can be IMPORTANT.

Original review: July 6, 2020

Cleaners stole from me. I do not use certain product in my house all the times like my heavy duty iron that costs a heck of a lot from Nordstroms and my Mikasa pure crystal vase give to me by my mother in law before she passed. They were both missing when I went to use them. I have not had anyone else in my home since they were here.

Original review: May 12, 2020

Terrible Service. Their cleaning wasn't done properly and just completely wrong. They have zero training and horrible customer service. They just do a quick wipe down of the place before leaving. Don't hire them.

The Cleaning Authority author review by ConsumerAffairs

The Cleaning Authority offers residential cleaning services with a particular focus on eco-friendliness. The company was founded in the Baltimore area in 1977, and today, has more than 180 locations across North America.

• Detail-clean rotation system: To clean homes effectively, the company uses a detail-clean rotation system that offers consumers full house-cleans twice for the first two sessions, then rotating partial cleanings to ensure every area is cleaned at the right frequency.

• Green-seal certification: The products that The Cleaning Authority uses are all Green-Seal certified.

• MyTCA Rewards program: The Cleaning Authority offers consumers a rewards program to thank them for their loyalty. Consumers earn points for using the company's services and can redeem them for discounts.

• Locally owned: Each franchise is completely locally owned and operated, so the person managing your cleaning is familiar with your community and area.

• Gift options: The Cleaning Authority allows customers to easily arrange a cleaning for someone else, making it a good gift option.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team