2.46/5
Based on 70 reviews that contain star ratings
Are you this business? Claim your page

Discover the right cleaning service for you

74 The Cleaning Authority Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 20, 2019

Their crew broke our glass shower door and spent all the time just cleaning up the glass mess that they created and did not clean the rest of the house. They still charged us with the cleaning charges. The customer service staff is very rude and refused to discuss the issue. I will NEVER go again with these people.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Huge waste of $500! Unfortunately this is my first time writing a bad review online... They work by the hour and not by the job which means they will go slow (not thorough) and then ask you to buy more time. My 2,200 house is an 8/10 for regular cleanliness with 2 people and a medium dog. After 4.5 hours, the 2 cleaners had only "completed" the kitchen, the master bathroom, the rarely used guest bathroom, and the rarely used half bathroom downstairs. They didn't clean any of the 25 windows on the proposal, didn't wipe windowsills, didn't mop, didn't clean out the drawers (not requested), and it still took them 9 man hours.

With 30 min remaining, the manager called to see if I wanted to pay for more time. They hadn't even stepped foot in the 3 bedrooms, office, dining room, or living room (basically 2/3 of the house). My husband and I can clean better in 2 hours than they do in 5-6 hours. They said that the house looked clean when they left, yes because it started pretty clean. We sent them pictures that night of a fraction of the things they missed and they offered to come back for more money... But $500 already...

Get expert buying tips about Cleaning Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Erin ** and Sara ** showed up right on time and left our home sparkling clean. They are always polite and responsive to any special concerns we may have. As they become more and more familiar with our home their cleanings get better and better each time. My bathrooms are spotless, and the floors shine. They are very agreeable with using certain cleaning products on my wood floors, I appreciate that very much. Thanks!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

This was my first experience with a cleaning for my home. The very main things I was interested in were the bathrooms (which they did a pretty good job on) and the kitchen - especially the oven. The floors were done fairly well, but the "dusting" of surfaces was not good anywhere in the house. They left the kitchen 'til last & it was given a "lick & a promise" at best. The oven was NOT cleaned... I think they were trying to stick to the 4 hr. quote of $400 - which they did and they hurried the kitchen to get out a the quoted time.

My house was actually not really needing a "deep" cleaning... Just needed it dust free & floors and counters cleaned. The oven did need some work, but they showed up not even knowing it was on the order & had to kind of just do it as an afterthought. Would never recommend this company. I addressed my concerns in an email to the owner of the franchise here in Wichita, KS - but she blew me off.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

The Cleaning Authority in Cumming, GA may deserve another look! They are under new ownership/management, and the new owners are dedicated to customer service and personalized care of your home. Gone is the day the business poorly ran itself with little to no owner participation. New cleaning associates are not sent to your home untrained anymore. Cleaning teams now reflect the commitment and concerns of the new ownership. And it shows!! My home has never looked better.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Cleaning Authority?

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I've been a customer of The Cleaning Authority Aurora for over a year and an terminating service immediately. A few months ago I was notified of a 20% increase in cost. I spoke with the owner and had agreed to the increase provided the cleaning was actually at the level of service advertised. Due to their inability to retain their staff (I can only assume they do not pay their employees well), the cleaning has been inconsistent and rooms have been missed, no dusting or baseboard cleaning, and supplies left behind. Every service appears rushed and half complete. I called the Cleaning Authority office to discuss my concerns and was pretty much hung up on by Lauren. The very unprofessional office staff, lack of quality service, and just they couldn't care less attitude has contributed to the loss of any faith with this company. I'm done.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

Irresponsible, mediocre, careless. For a company that comes in with a big pitch regarding their professionalism, what a disappointment. The cleaning is surface, instructions are disregarded, items are left undone (for weeks). Any other choice would be better.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

We hired the Cleaning Authority to clean our house and one of the girls spilled a ton of water in front of the refrigerator and didn't tell me or notice. I went to get some ice and slipped and fell. I injured my knee and couldn't get up. I was yelling for help and the girls were in the Master apparently didn't hear me. My Brother and Husband were in the living room heard me and rushed to help me up. My knee keep giving out and was bruised in 3 places. I sat and put ice on it and all I got was, "I'm sorry." We called office and all they could say was sorry. I didn't have any insurance at the time since I was in-between starting a new job. It took over a week to heal and to this day it stills bothers me. Don't hire unless you want a CARELESS COMPANY CLEANING YOUR HOUSE!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

We have been customers for more than 5 years in the Sacramento area, and have TCA come to our house every 2 weeks. They arrive on their given day like clockwork, and if it happens to be a holiday, we receive a phone call well in advance to re-schedule the cleaning - never more than a day or 2 later. The cleaners arrive as a "team" of 2 or 3, and bring their own tools and supplies. They do a thorough job and have a rotation that includes a deeper cleaning of each area about every 3 cleanings (6 weeks).

In 5 years, nothing has come up missing and the "teams" are scheduled so that there is no idle time - they are very busy in order to finish the cleaning on time and move on to the next house. If there is a problem, I know I can call the supervisor or owner. But, there has never been any reason to do so. They do a MUCH BETTER JOB than I would do on my own in the time I have available. I especially love that they change out the bed sheets each visit. My husband and I both work full-time, and house cleaning is the last thing we want to do in our free time. We still like coming home to a clean house, so it's a comfort knowing that TCA is "our" team. Sometimes, we do see little things that are missed, such as a corner of a shelf with a little dust on it. The bathrooms, kitchen, and sinks are always sparkling! The big picture is that they are dependable and consistently high quality.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Booked online visit and quote, received confirmation email, took off work for appointment, and nobody showed up. Tracked down the local office (with crazy hold-time b/c calls go through national number) and contact said they tried to call the morning of the appointment and didn't get an answer so and they weren't sure of the appointment (?), thus didn't show up. They can't make it to me anytime soon. I verified the phone # on file, show no missed calls, no voicemails, etc. The contact didn't even apologize. No time for services that can't get the first contact right. I hope your experience is different! Seems like they are on-it with Marketing and just haven't caught up with service in my area.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Started great with conscientious and hard-working cleaning personnel. After one year, the service went dramatically downhill. Our house originally took 2.5 hours to clean; toward the end of our tenure, the staff would rush out after 1.5 hours (translating to $48/hour per person which is ludicrous) to find cobwebs in corners, multiple blatant surfaces not wiped down or even dusted. During a kitchen rotation, the sink, faucet and oven area were neglected to be cleaned. When I would question missed items, I would be met with resentment. The management also treated its cleaning staff as if they were the clients, rather than the paying customers. A frustrating waste of money and shameful service.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Unfortunately The Cleaning Authority is a big name but every location owned by individuals owners and they operate the way they want. At first they came and give estimate. When you agree and have them start cleaning and get use to then they raise your price. This is unprofessional. The Cleaning Authority need to take action against individuals because they are working under your name. My Cleaning Authority located in Columbia, MD. Hope anyone take action in this.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

We have been with The Cleaning Authority for around 2 years now and have had nothing but an horrible experience! We are now searching for a new company. In general they are not thorough in their cleaning and never reliable on when they say they will show up. Management are not professional and will not follow through on what they say. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this company!!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I initiated contact with the Cleaning Authority over a month ago. The initial consult went well and I was advised I was all set to start cleaning, having signed up for automatic payments via my credit card. I received a confirmation email for the services, but not a start date. I responded to the email asking when we could start services. I called two weeks later after no response and was told that they had emailed me back (they had not). The next day I received an email confirming the details of my service and the start date. The company was supposed to start today. Although I straightened the house, there were some clothes left on the dining room table that needed to be put away, but the house was otherwise ready for cleaning.

I received an email this morning stating that the crew showed up and my house was not "ready" for cleaning and that there was no payment on file. This was most perplexing so I attempted to call back, to which I got an answering service. I got no call back until the afternoon. I was told they never had my payment on file and with no payment they will not clean. I explained that this, combined with the other issues, was extremely frustrating and frankly confusing given this was all taken care of at my consult. The assistant manager appeared indifferent and dismissive, saying, "Well there's nothing we can do now" and that I would have to wait another week for service. The overall way they handled the situation was unapologetically indifferent to customer service and basic organization.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Very well organized company. Sends reminders of upcoming cleanings, which is helpful. We have had them 3 times and every time was excellent. The last two times we had Nadra and Sharon and they are absolutely fantastic and pay attention to every single detail. The only cleaning my husband has raved about ever.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Team #4 Mel & Brittany have been helping us for the last few months. We are older and can't manage all the work. My wife is extremely fussy, and these ladies never disappoint! Whenever we need something special, they ALWAYS cheerfully do it. We couldn't be happier!

Original review: July 14, 2018

I have been using The Cleaning Authority for over 6 months. I cannot say enough good things about the team that takes care of my house. Beatriz, Gabby & Anipura (sp?) are so efficient, always on time, they are friendly and courteous. My house literally sparkles when they leave. These three ladies are an awesome team. They work well together, tackling every part of the house and leave it as they found it, only it is sparkling clean. I can't say enough about their cleaning products - no abrasives or strong odor lingering, and their method of deep cleaning certain areas of the house on a rotation schedule. I work long hours - there is no way I could keep up with my housework. The Cleaning Authority is a lifesaver.

Original review: June 25, 2018

Third cleaning service in a year. First service was extremely thorough but unreliable. Second was one woman trying to be a new stay at home mom. She was reliable but just ok and charged more than she earned. She ended up moving, so I called The Cleaning Authority after receiving a mail flyer. The flyer was impressive. I loved the green clean, and the rotation of room cleanings. Also, the "closed door policy" was comforting to hear (if the door/drawer is closed, they are not allowed to open it). I called and left message (always have to leave message, no one ever answers). Soft spoken, pleasant Dave called back, scheduled an estimate.

The estimate was perfect, however the first TWO cleanings were $50 extra for first time deep cleaning. (This is the third deep cleaning fee I've paid in a year and by far the most expensive at $100 extra). Everything else sounded great so I scheduled for biweekly service. Dave said they would be there around 11 am. They showed up after 2 pm, and all 3 girls walked through the grass, upsetting my husband. 3... THREE girls were there for approximately 3 hours (they were all very sweet). The bathrooms and kitchen were supposed to be deep cleaned. EVERYTHING was half cleaned!! The kitchen was acceptable (not deep cleaned) with the exception of the cabinet fronts not being wiped well. The hall bath which is seldom used didn't appear to be touched other than the mirror and the counter top. There was still baby powder on the tub ledge. And the floor was not mopped (or mopped well... Definitely not deep cleaned).

Not much better in the master bath. Both bathrooms and kitchen were updated in 2013 so they are easy to clean... And look perfect when they are deep cleaned. However, the tile still showed soap scum in our shower and around the sink drain. Glass ledge was not dusted, floor didn't look mopped. Dining room table and chairs not dusted, debris found throughout hardwood and tile floors in house, child's hand prints STILL on sliding glass doors. Both sets in two different rooms (I mentioned this in particular to Dave during estimate). Sunroom that we use as family room barely looked touched. Child's table not wiped. Sticky substance still there. Popcorn kernels and several toys on floor under edges of toys and furniture.

Under ottoman was dusty and dirty. Dusting was here and there or not at all throughout house. Laundry room didn't looked touched other than vacuumed tile. Half bath was clean. Child's room trash can not emptied. Several other things. I called Dave Thursday after we noticed everything and left a message. He didn't call back until Friday morning. I was dropping off my child and did not answer. I called back and left another message. I called back again on Tuesday and left another message. He called back Tuesday afternoon, noted eveything they missed, all the while asking if it was something they would have had to move or stand on a ladder, because they do not move heavy furniture or use ladders.

He also keep excusing their cleaning with, "does it look like they may have cleaned around the area you are referring to" as if they aren't supposed to move anything to get under it. For example, my 16 month old has a sit and ride toy and a walker that she pushed around when she began walking. They are both made of plastic and weigh 5 pounds each at the most. Those were not moved on our hardwood floor! Just vacuum/swept around. After clarifying child's toys (with table legs or wheels), light ottoman, dining chairs, and visibly under edges of furniture, and more importantly the deep cleaning was not done. Between THREE employees, he agreed they missed things and scheduled them to come out to fix the mistakes on Wed or Thurs. He'd have to check and call me back.

He called Thursday around 10 or 11 am. His message said they were cleaning in the area that day and wanted to ask if they could come clean after. I called around 12:30 and left a message saying YES. He called after 3 and said it was too late in the day now because they were no longer in the area!! He asked if they could come out next week. OVER A WEEK LATER. I was beyond frustrated saying the suggestion seemed pointless. He agreed and asked if I wanted a credit on my next cleaning or a partial refund. I opposed to another cleaning and opted for the refund. He said he would do some calculating and call me back. That was 11 days ago. This company is a joke.

Original review: May 24, 2018

They do very bad work and they look in things that should not be in! They could not speak English whatsoever. I would like recommend them to anyone and I should get my money back on all the service date at least half!!! Half of pay for half done work that would be fair on all counts!!! Please stop them from getting by with it!!!

Original review: May 14, 2018

Had I only checked the many poor reviews for this company before I used their service, I would not be writing this. But I didn’t so here is the account of my experience with The Cleaning Authority. The franchisee Ricardo ** made a lot of big promises of the great results I would have if I hired his company. The Cleaning Authority team consisted of two women who barely understood much English. They didn’t do a very good job but due to the fact that they were only here for two hours, I decided that I would point out the things they left unattended or poorly performed when they came back in two weeks. I began to notice a number of scratches on my wood floors that weren’t there before. When they came back I showed them the scratches and inspected their vacuum cleaner. There was no rubber gasket on the back side so in essence, they were vacuuming my wood floors with a bare metal edge on the vacuum.

The scratches were everywhere. I told them “See? Your vacuum is scratching my floors”, and gave them a dust mop to use. I went back to opening my mail when I heard a loud sound coming from the bedroom. I went quickly to investigate. They had taken all of the dusty dirty things from under the bed (Christmas wrapping paper, boots, small gym bags and the like), piled it all on top of my $300.00 bedspread and pillows and shoved the bed off of its protective roller cups and all the way across the room, leaving behind the biggest deepest scratches you can imagine. When I pointed at the giant scratches they had made the one said “oh, so sorry”. I was horrified. I told them it was nothing personal but I am very upset and they needed to just stop and leave. I took 20 pictures of the fresh scratches all over the house including the 8 foot long one they had just made across the bedroom floor.

I called The Cleaning Authority franchise owner Ricardo ** and sent him some of the photos. He said he would like to see them in person. We set up a time to meet at my home. I just now had a meeting with the Miami franchisee, Ricardo. Everything I showed him, he responded “we didn't do that”. When I showed him the giant scratch across the bedroom floor he said “We don’t move furniture. We didn’t do that”.

I said, "So you are standing here telling me I’m a liar and something I saw happen with my own eyes, didn’t happen!" When I showed him the photo I had taken of all the dusty dirt and hairballs on my pillow, dated at the time his crew of two were still here, He said, “We didn’t do that. We never move any furniture, and the scratches you are showing me were already there.” Needless to say, I was and still am furious. He was standing there denying everything I said regardless of the fact I had shown him proof. My advice to anyone considering hiring this company, DON’T!

Original review: May 14, 2018

I had The Cleaning Authority out to clean my home. The woman did a HORRIBLE job. She was barely there for 2 hours! She left dirt on my floors, dirty bathrooms, she sprayed cleaner all over my wood floor and left it without wiping it up. I had a full page of things that she didn't do that were on her list of items to complete. I called the owner and he said he would discount me $30. However, instead of refunding me the original charge, he charged me again minus the $30. I contacted him to try and resolve the issue and he claimed that he voided the original charge but it never showed up on my account. I tried to contact him again and he completely ignored me. This is a terrible unprofessional company and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone!

Original review: May 11, 2018

Don't trust everything that they say while soliciting your business. We had them come visit our home, inspect and provide a quote. While doing all of this, one of their owners Joe, seemed soft spoken, honest and took time to explain things. We explained some points or asks that we were particular about to which were assured as rudimentary and ones that will be done. Simple things like having the same team for the cleaning every visit, this was mentioned as their USP or cleaning not just the front of the kitchen cabinets or drawers but to also wipe underneath. Joe indicated that he understood all these and even agreed that given our culture and cooking these details would be taken care of.

Well guess what, none of these were going to be done and when asked to speak to him, he had the audacity to just indicate that maybe they were not the best company for us to deal with and had his crew leave. While asking for business he came across as a courteous, honest and humble person but when we asked to speak to him, then we got to see the opposite side of this. We definitely would not recommend them to anyone but if you must sign up with them, get everything in writing or you would face the same issues as us.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I was excited to try having someone come clean my home -- a special treat to myself. I liked the information on the brochure about The Cleaning Authority because they said they used natural products, had a rotation for deep cleaning, and would send out teams to clean my home. I decided to start with just once a month, since it's just me in my home, and I figured that I wouldn't need too much professional cleaning -- I could do some myself.

I came home from work on April 10, 2018, the day of my initial deep clean, which was to include the kitchen and the bathrooms. In the kitchen, my eyes were immediately drawn to the dust all along the baseboards. I walked around my incredibly small, galley kitchen and saw that it didn't look much different than it had when I left in the morning: the outside of the dishwasher had not been wiped down and the cupboards had not been wiped down -- there was a ketchup spot in one area, and some flour in the groves in another area. I took a damp cloth and was able to clean these areas myself, so it is not like they were dirty because the "natural" cleansers hadn't worked.

I went on into the guest bathroom. There I found dirty water marks on the shower tile (like someone had wrung out a dirty cloth and left the water spots to dry), plus cobwebs behind and next to the toilet. In the hallway, there was a scrap of fabric along the baseboard that a vacuum did not pick up. From there, I went into the master bathroom. Initially, this room actually looked like it HAD been cleaned. Then I looked up and discovered a dusty exhaust fan -- easy enough to clean with a vacuum cleaner. My Mr. Clean Magic Eraser sponge was put in my toothbrush cup, along with my toothbrush!

Throughout the house, EVERY tissue box had two tissues that were taken out, twisted together to look like a flower, and put BACK INTO the tissue box! This was between 10 and 12 tissues that were wasted because I have no desire to blow my nose tissues that have been touched by someone else. By stuffing these back into the tissue box, that also meant that the tissues they touched were no longer as sanitary as they had been prior to this!

The final straw, however, was that the flusher on the toilet in the master bathroom had been broken -- the handle snapped off from the arm within the tank! REPEATEDLY, I tried contacting the company to express my disappointment and displeasure with the lack of cleaning that had taken place, and with the damage to my toilet! I talked with people from the answering service who said that they would have someone call me soon. I talked with the person who had signed off as the supervisor, who had come to check out the cleaning, but she said that most of the work had not been done when she stopped by the house, early on in the cleaning process, so she hadn't seen the state of the kitchen and guest bath.

At last, I talked to one person who told me to get a replacement handle and they would pay for it. She offered to have the teams do deep cleaning in two areas the next time they come out, in order to make up for their earlier poor work. I declined this, as I had already done the cleaning myself that they had missed. I canceled my service. I wanted to speak with a manager because I wanted some satisfaction of getting reimbursement for at least part of the money that I had paid out for this initial cleaning -- almost twice as much as the typical monthly cleaning would be. I continued to try to speak to someone, but the answering service simply said they'd have someone call me.

Days went by. I called again. Was told that a manager would be contacting me. This happened a couple of times, over the course of about a week. Finally, I was able to talk with a manager who told me that they don't give money back for initial deep cleaning... I emphasized that I had not received a deep clean. "Company policy not to give back money". This manager told me to email the receipt for the broken toilet flusher and they would replace it. I asked if I could email the photos I'd taken of the unsatisfactory cleaning job. I was told that I could do so.

So, I sent a series of emails with all of the pictures, including one of the receipt for the broken part. That was over a week and a half ago. I have heard nothing back, including no reimbursement for my broken flusher. I am VERY dissatisfied with the cleaning service and the subsequent lack of customer service! I wish that I had read some of the reviews here before I signed up with this company!

Original review: April 27, 2018

Wednesday (4/25/18) with The Cleaning Authority - Austin warrants the single star. First, I would like to point out the things I have appreciated about the company: The rotating deep cleaning schedule. The understanding they showed when we had to cancel our scheduled cleaning at the last minute because our 3-year-old was running a 104 fever. (They only charged us the minimum fee and were really sweet about it.)

Now, for the unfortunate events of Wednesday (4/25/18): We were scheduled for a cleaning, and without notice, had our time pushed back until very late in the day (which wasn't too big of a deal as we understand that things happen, people get sick, etc.). We just decided that we would talk to them about timing before the next regularly scheduled cleaning. We were checking our home security system to see if the crew had arrived yet at various points throughout the day. While doing this, my husband came across footage of a field manager sticking our house key underneath our doormat HOURS before a crew showed up. We were expressly told that the key to our home would NEVER be out of the hands of the company; yet, not only was it left, but it was poorly hidden, thereby allowing potential access to anyone who happened to notice it (including the multiple package deliveries and the solicitors who happened to stop by our residence that day).

As a mother of two young children -- 3 and 1.5 -- this is frightening and just blatantly unacceptable. When my husband noticed this on the footage, he immediately called the company. The representative he spoke with explained that our normal crew had to cancel (which we totally understand happens sometimes), and that was why we had been pushed back so late in the day, but that I replacement crew was on their way and would be there within minutes. He expressed his frustration with the house key situation at that time and was told he would get a call back from a manager. In the meantime, the replacement crew arrived. They were not in a Cleaning Authority vehicle, nor were they wearing Cleaning Authority shirts. When we later asked the manager during our call back if this replacement crew was subcontractors that aren't actually employed by The Cleaning Authority - Austin, she repeatedly dodged the question.

One of the things that sold us on this company was the safety aspect, as well as our protection from worker's compensation issues. They check their crews and provide coverage if an injury occurs. I do not know whether the background of this crew was investigated or whether we are protected from liability if one of them is injured because of the subcontracting issue. Now, it may be the case The Cleaning Authority - Austin has addressed both of those issues with their subcontracting practices (which we didn't even know existed with their company), but I, as the customer, don't have that assurance.

So, the new crew shows up and gets to work. Our barking dog, who is doing her job in barking at people she doesn't know who have entered our home, was put outside by a member of the crew. The problem with this is two-fold: (1) she had no access to water in our backyard, but (2) that didn't really matter because it was POURING down rain and there is no shelter for her out there (as she is an inside dog). My husband sees this on the security system and begins to rush home with the kids. He asks me at work to continue to keep an eye on things as he can't while driving.

During my time of watching the camera, I see something that is disgusting and unacceptable. One crew member picked up a dirty rag off of the floor from a pile that had been stepped on and over as they worked, and wiped down our coffee table and countertops with it. Yes, a dirty rag, off of the floor, and no cleaning product on it to boot. This same crew member also cleaned our living room ceiling fan and beat out the dust ON OUR COUCH. Talk about spreading dust and allergens.

In the end, we expressed our concerns to the manager who returned our call (which she did do the same day) and canceled our service. Still, we paid for our "service" which included our home being left vulnerable. Further, that night while I was at work, my husband had bathe our soaking wet and muddy dog, clean up mud and water tracked in by the dog, disinfect everything because we have no idea what else was "cleaned" with a dirty rag off of the floor, and re-vacuum the living room rug and couch as a result of the crew member using our furniture to beat the dust out of her dusting tool. Also, we will be rekeying our home.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I nominate Terrie and Sherry, team 6, to receive the bonus for Employee Appreciation Month, April. If I could give them stars, I would give them 10. Exceptional employees. Poetically, my house shone like the sun. The house has never been so clean, and it is always very clean after Cleaning Authority has been here.

Original review: April 10, 2018

We hired this company to clean our home every 2 weeks. While they weren't perfect, they did an OK job but we complained several times. It was always a different crew, and most of them did not speak English. We recently discovered some missing medication and while we cannot prove it was them, we trusted them to be in our home when we were not there, and they were the only people in our home in our absence- Big Mistake!!! Not only did they steal the medication, they replaced it with **. We instantly fired this company!

Original review: April 5, 2018

Poor communication - didn't do any of the detail cleaning they claim to do. When I called to have them come back out and do it over - they never called back. They did send out a team when I wasn't home (without scheduling it with me)! I agreed to have them come back in two weeks to try again, but I requested a different cleaning team. Two weeks later they sent THE SAME TEAM. I sent them away and canceled my contract with them.

There is more to this story, but I won't go into detail. Bottom line is 1. The office communication is horrible - they didn't read my emails or do anything I asked them to do, and 2. They didn't clean the things they say they are going to clean. I still had pee (I've got two little boys) all over the back wall of the toilet. I used to do housecleaning when I was in high school - and I've been cleaning my own home for over 30 years. These folks don't know housecleaning. Such a bad experience. I'm going to hire someone private who cares about the work they do and will treat my home like it was theirs.

Original review: March 27, 2018

This company comes every 2 weeks to clean. We have to call them back every time. I’m not being picky either. Things that they are called back for are cleaning 101 things. The owner even left me a card after one of the cleanings and said he personally qualify inspected the cleaning so, it starts at the top. 100% satisfaction guaranteed?

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

We hired The Cleaning Authority (TCA) after receiving a flyer in the mail and liked their approach to focusing on a different section of the house to "deep clean" each visit. Well, this is HOCUS POCUS! The first 2 initial cleans are almost double what the standard rate is because they are taking extra time and care to deep clean the entire house - NOPE! We called after the 1st clean and shared our disappointment; floors still dirty, didn't dust, surface areas not wiped down, etc. They said they would send someone back out (ahem... 4 days later). We have had them come 4 more times, in hopes of pointing things out, encouraging more but they are just not very good. They would rather chat with me, talk on their phones or stand around than actually clean my house. Very, very disappointed.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

I called and set up estimate visit. Stacy came out and was very nice. Was ready to hire and only had one requirement that they send at least one person who could speak English when cleaning. She was going to get back to me. To date, I have heard nothing and actually called back three times to find out what was going on. I will NOT hire this company and if you do, good luck to you. They have yet to call me back and at least tell me why they could not get back to me. Guess they didn't want me as a customer.

The Cleaning Authority expert review by ConsumerAffairs

The Cleaning Authority offers residential cleaning services with a particular focus on eco-friendliness. The company was founded in the Baltimore area in 1977, and today, has more than 180 locations across North America.

• Detail-clean rotation system: To clean homes effectively, the company uses a detail-clean rotation system that offers consumers full house-cleans twice for the first two sessions, then rotating partial cleanings to ensure every area is cleaned at the right frequency.

• Green-seal certification: The products that The Cleaning Authority uses are all Green-Seal certified.

• MyTCA Rewards program: The Cleaning Authority offers consumers a rewards program to thank them for their loyalty. Consumers earn points for using the company's services and can redeem them for discounts.

• Locally owned: Each franchise is completely locally owned and operated, so the person managing your cleaning is familiar with your community and area.

• Gift options: The Cleaning Authority allows customers to easily arrange a cleaning for someone else, making it a good gift option.

• Best for: Homeowners who want an eco-friendly cleaning experience, as well as those who are looking to set up routine cleanings with one company.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs