The Cleaning Authority

Compare Cleaning Services

Research top Cleaning Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Dear Lynn, I want to actually give you a zero for this review, if I could give negative stars I would, you earned this rating all by yourself. Thursday afternoon I called and spoke to a very nice guy on the phone who set up a free estimate visit for Friday. I was actually really looking forward to meeting with you. You called me at 11:51 am on Friday when our appointment was at 12. My husband and I were sitting with our newborn baby in the family room which is located at the back of our house as we were waiting for your arrival. After about 20 minutes I decided to call to see where you were. When I looked at my phone I noticed you had called at 11:51 am so I called back as soon as I saw this. My phone is kept on silent as we have a newborn baby and I don't want loud noises waking him up when he is sleeping. I called back at 12:08 pm and no one answered. So I called again at 12:13 pm and spoke to you.

I knew the owner of the company "Lynn" was coming to do a free quote and I was actually going to complain to Lynn about how rude the person was on the phone. To my surprise - I was speaking to YOU... THE OWNER OF A COMPANY THAT RELIES ON REFERRALS, WORD OF MOUTH AND I'M SURE CUSTOMER REVIEWS. Well, unfortunately for you, you will not be getting a positive review from us and I will also make sure to re-post this review all over in every place I can so other people can know what kind of an awful person you were yesterday. I would NEVER do business with someone like you EVER. Your attitude was disgusting and horrible and definitely not the way to earn business from potential customers.

When I did get a hold of you on the phone you told me you had "moved on" to the next customer. I explained to you that we did not hear you at the front door and my phone was on silent because of the baby. I said that was weird. I'm surprised we didn't hear the bell. I was explaining to you why we didn't hear and you were so rude to me I was actually really taken aback. I would never speak to someone the way you spoke to me, especially if I am trying to earn their business. You angrily replied with "there are no cars in the driveway, no one answered and the lights are all off."

Newsflash, cars are parked in the garage, and the lights are off because it's day time, and we have a really big house so we will not hear a quiet little knock at the front door. Most people listen to see if they can hear a door bell ring to make sure it is working but clearly that was too difficult for you to do. LOL! You literally kissed your teeth at me and I could hear the disgusting, angry attitude from you through the phone, I could hear you rolling your eyes at me while you said "ughhh." Is that how you acquire customers? With that wonderful attitude? You said you would come back and I was so turned off that I didn't even want you to but I was willing to give it a chance. To be honest I though I was speaking with a receptionist, not the owner of a company. I would have fired that receptionist - but I guess lucky for you, you can't fire yourself.

You said you were coming back for 1:30 pm. I went to my door to see if you were there and you were not, so I went back to sit with my husband and baby in the family room in the back of my house. At 1:38 pm I heard a really loud banging on my door and I got up and ran to answer to make sure I got to you quickly. My newborn baby was strapped to me in case you didn't notice. When I got to my front door you were walking away so I called for you. You came back and you saw with your own eyes as I tested the door bell. It wasn't working but this is the first I've heard of this as typically homeowners don't ring their own door bells. You saw me test the door bell and you saw a baby on me...

You came into our home with so much attitude, shaking your head at us, angry and telling us "This is the second time I've come and banging and ringing the door bell - I don't know what's going on" and giving me so much attitude. I don't know who you think you are or if you thought that this would be a good way to get my business but there is ZERO chance I would ever let you, or your employees into my house after that. I was really happy to tell you where to go. It will now be my mission to post this everywhere so I can to warn people of the kind of person you are. Have a great day you miserable, angry, bitter awful person.

I signed up for the service and was told the first service will be billed by the hour at $60 as it will be a deep cleaning. I had no problem with the cost; however; this was a complete rip-off. Two cleaners came to the house and they spoke no English. I had to call a friend to do the translation - this was not the problem. The problem was that nothing was done correctly. They just surface clean. For a deep clean I would expect as documented in the brochure, dusting, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning of bathroom. The rugs were not vacuumed correctly. Kitchen surface was not wiped down, the tracks for the sliding door was not vacuumed. In fact, they didn't even dust behind the tv.

The bathroom doors were not cleaned, my standing mirror was not cleaned. This was a complete waste. I have used other cleaning services in the past and this is by far the worst. With that, the owners were very friendly and offered to return to address my concerns. But they kept saying that because of the time constraint they rushed. They were there for a total of 4 hours and did not clean any one section of the house correctly. I had to spend my time cleaning after the cleaners. My advice to the owners is that a first impression is a lasting one. In this business you have to get it right the first time.

The young woman who answered the phone was very pleasant and I have no trouble getting the things that I needed. I really appreciated the service and continued to use them over the years. They were very established in the community. The quality of service was very acceptable, they took the time to go over the things that were important to me and show me in explicit detail the things that reminded me of why customers should be appreciated by the establishment. Plus, The Cleaning Authority is always on time and frugal. They kept a strict schedule in all my time doing business with them that's why I would recommend them.

I used The Cleaning Authority for a deep cleaning that I was unable to perform personally since I was pregnant at the time, and I was not disappointed. The maid arrived on time, maybe a few minutes before scheduled appointment. The maid was also prompt and very efficient with good use of time management skills to hit all necessary areas within scheduled timeframe. The customer service department was also very user friendly. They were able to answer all of my questions and process my payment in a timely manner. Pricing was in line with the service I received. I do not think I was under or overcharged. I also appreciated that there were multiple products to choose from to fit my personal needs.

The experience was great. It was rushed because I was busy and didn't have time to clean. I turned to The Cleaning Authority who can help me out. The company will get here as quick as they could and I can always depend on them with no issues. I love that they respect my home and they also use their own vehicle. The customer service is quick and get the work done with no questions asked. They use the best quality cleaning supplies to make my house look and smell fantastic. I am satisfied with the value but I think the company over-charged a little too much for a one-time thing. I would have no problem using them again but at a reasonable price.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Cleaning Authority?

We invited this company for what they called "whole house detailing". The crew were friendly and smiling but the job was not great at all. They mainly focused on areas that were easy to reach and otherwise left dust and even spider nets behind. They would not go up to reach the top shades for wet cleaning explaining this with their policies. The job on the bathrooms was not great either. Their quality control supervisor showed up, but that had little help.

My mom recommended The Cleaning Authority after l moved. Price was good to helped me get my new house clean so I could focus on starting my business. They were always on time, stayed late sometimes and went above and beyond. They were also so professional, very nice and did their job well. High worth ethic and hard workers. Absolutely amazing. Recommend you use them if you need any kind of cleaning done. Going to use them again before my work party. I am sure they will do amazing yet again.

You call them up. They will arrange with you on the phone or online a cleaning day and schedule an appointment. Friendly and professional. They got there did a great job. Cleaned places I didn't even tell them they had to clean. About as good as it gets when it comes to cleaning quality. They were as reliable as advertised. Didn't have to look over what they had done. I knew with confidence, they'd get the job done. They are solid and you can count on them. Perceived value is great service with great prices. I would say they accomplish that task. You get what you pay for and then some as it is well worth it when you see the finished work.

Customer service generally answered all questions and concerns. Sometimes it was necessary to speak with a supervisor or call back to get an answer. There seemed to be that some employees still needed additional training. This problem was worked around. The employees who cleaned for us were very professional. That did a good job cleaning and were polite and honest. Supervisory staff were quick to take care of any problems that we reported. The cleaning staff with a few exceptions reported on time and the work was completed on a timely basis. The exceptions were reported in advance, and the work was completed soon after its scheduled time. These short delays caused no problems. The service got the work by submitting the best bid considering price and quality considerations. The work was generally good quality. The value for the amount paid was good.

I was extremely impressed with the quality of work they performed. You wasn't sure what to expect, but it was better than I imagined. The price compared to how clean my house was, was literally a drop in the bucket. The service was amazing, they were the only company I worked with, and I doubt I'll go anywhere else. The ladies who came out were the owners, so they put their absolute best into it. I was quoted 4 hours, they actually finished up in three. I have used them a total of 7 times now, and they've been on time, every time. I have no problem hiring people who can clean my house better than I can. I love to see local businesses thrive, and they are doing exactly that.

The people were super nice and helpful. I would contact them again! I recommend them the best cleaning service there is!!! A++++ and five stars!!! The experience was like no other company I have been through!! The quality was better than any other company and product I have ever use or contacted!! I'd recommend because the service was super fast. I couldn't believe it took less than a week for them to come to my home. So if you need good cleaning please contact them!!! The value was amazing and cheaper than I have ever seen!!!! I'd recommend if you're short on cash and wanting your home cleaner than ever!

I absolutely loved it. It was fast and easy and the customer service agent guy told bunch of jokes to make me laugh and was completely professional. Very good. Everything I asked for was cleaned and everything was also dust free and was able to breathe much better. They was extremely reliable and did the work they was assigned to do. Was done quickly and professionally and cleaned the air and made the place smell a lot better. The value was worth it for the money they charged and they completed the job they was assigned to do. Extremely fast and professional and cleaned the whole house.

Customer service was very helpful when I called. They told me when the cleaning crew will come and which day. If I had any complaints they would have took care of it. They cleaned top to bottom. I really had a hard time doing simple task because of a car accident I was in so my mom called them for me and sure enough they cleaned my apartment with no problem. You can rely on this company to help tackle the job. I would definitely recommend you have call them if you need this service done. They are really good at what they do. I forgot how much I paid for this service but it wasn't expensive to pay for. My mom help pay half and I paid the other. They were really nice about letting us pay like that.

It was very easy to sign up with these guys. However, the house really never gets cleaned. I just went out the sliding door where I had to pay extra to have them clean and the tracks are full of dog hair. They always miss the basic things. They just kick your shoes out of their way and then just leave them. I feel I need another company to go over what they did.

The customer service that this particular maid service provided was exceptionally good. They were patient, considering and quite helpful. They helped me find a trustworthy maid to help me around my home. The quality of the service that the hired maid did was simply astounding. She came over bright and early and started doing her job right away. Cleaning, vacuuming, washing, and organizing my home till everything was spotless. This company's service was one of the best most reliable services it has been my pleasure of knowing and using. The maid that I had employed was never late nor rude. The maid genuinely cared about her work. The value for this service was out of this world, yes it was that good. I felt like I didn't overpay too much considering the excellent service I was provided by the maid I hired. I would definitely recommend this service to someone.

The service was good. I had no problems. Maids were nice and mainly kept to themselves. Service was easy to use but it is not something I would use often, only for special occasions. Service was better than I could have done myself. Would recommend to people who have extra money. If you are willing to spend the money, you will most likely be happy with what you paid for. Arrived on time, did what was asked in a timely manner. I felt good about what I paid for. Nothing was missing or out of place. Professional service and workers. The value depends on the person. It depends on the situation. How much time do you have or other tasks that need to get done, do you want to spend the money? I didn't want to spend the extra money but did not have time myself to complete the tasks I paid for.

The service was very easy to relate and connect to the brand. They offer customer services pages for any opinions from customers to contact them. The quality they have was really high quality to use because they offer very clean services to clean up any places they can do and it was great. They show me decent performance with reasonable price in it. The package was great. Also they have a after cleaning services for anytime guaranteed. The value was awesome with that price I can see any better deals from others. Best deal they can offer with new and innovative services available.

Great customer service. They was on time and when I call them I was not on hold a long time. Also they was very friendly and nice. Tell me when my appointment is and let them know if they have not show up. The quality of this service was very good. They was very dresses for the job and it help. They clean the carpet so good that I want to hired them again for the second time round. This company was on times and they took their time cleaning. I was very happy to find them and I give them a great rating. They help me out so much. They my home never been this clean. The price was very good. Never have a cleaning group at the great price that they clean so good. They did not leave no stains or other stuff. I'm very happy of the result they did.

The manager was nice and the people were pretty nice but they were not as careful as I would like. I prefer having the same person in my house cleaning every time. They were prompt and came when they were supposed to come. They did break a few things and they could not be replaced so that was a bummer. They did come on the day and time they were supposed to come and even returned my key promptly when I chose not to use them anymore. They did okay on the cleaning but did break a couple of things. It was a decent price for the service I got but I was never reimbursed for what they broke. If you are cleaning someone else's house, you are responsible for what you break to either replace or reimburse.

Very nice and discreet. Made me feel at home, in my home, lol. Reasonably priced and very easy to do business with. Would recommend to others. They did a really good job cleaning. Everything was spotless. Things were arranged perfectly and the things I needed thrown out were done so. It was just very easy to communicate my needs with them. I think this company is very reliable from my own personal experience. I have used other cleaning services before, but this was the best experience I have had with any other similar company. I believe I got more than I paid for. The workers were polite and attentive to my needs. I was asked for approval on a lot of stuff that I think other companies would have just made executive decisions on.

Their work is quality and excellent. They show up on time. Good customer relationship. Spend their time on the job to complete their work. Always have a good work attitude and when they finish their job I feel the work they have done is very good and will use them again in the future. Will recommend them to other clients who need good quality workers. The performance of their work can be explained in words of good, excellent, outgoing, high performance. The best work I have seen. They are motivated and they perform well. People need jobs and I wish that everyone would hire good workers to perform the best they can be. I believe that the best had worker needs work.

The individuals affiliated with this company cleaned within a timely manner and make sure it was done to my satisfaction. I was very pleased with the services provided and would immediately recommended them to someone interested. The quality was excellent! I cannot wait to try this service again in the very near future. I firmly believe everyone should try this service if they are interested in a wonderful job. I received communication within a few days. The job was completed within the matter of two days time. Completely professional and I wonderful job well done. The value of the work was immensely high. Not a pricey endeavor, in the slightest. THE quality far surpassed the price I paid for this service.

Very accommodating and courteous. They were open to the size of house and willing to work around my schedule. They were willing to schedule the days and frequency of cleaning at reasonable price. Very clean and dusted all areas. Looked like new rooms. Also cleaned surfaces and washed clothes. They were busy and attentive throughout the day. LOVED it. Excellent performance and scheduling was great. They worked around my busy schedule and all areas were super clean. Super reliable and nothing misplaced. Given that this is hard work, cleaning and physical labor, the price was very reasonable. Given frequency and workload, they were able to arrange a reasonable price.

Customer service listened to my questions and was prepared with answers. Customer service provided me with options that fit my budget. Great customer service. Thoroughly satisfied with the quality of the service. I would recommend their services for anyone's cleaning needs. Reliable service was provided to the max. Couldn't get a better value for such a magnificent job.

It's great. I recommend it it to anyone in the business field especially my mom. She knows great service. Even my uncle, he also said the service is perfect. Can't ask for something better. Time perfect. No issues.

Nov. 30, 2007 The Cleaning Authority crew came to clean my house as scheduled. A ring was stolen. I notified Ty Smith and he said I needed to file a police report. Ty also went thru the file and identified those individuals that had been in my house. Of the three people one was a new employee, Sabrina. Ty stated; he was going to interview the three woman individually. He told me on a phone call after the incident that he had fired the new person, but none of them admitted stealing my ring. I filed a police report with the FV PD #DR #**. According to Ty Smith he would have to turn the claim into his insurance company, WAUSAU. I received paperwork from Wausau to complete and return of which I did.

To date, there has been no resolution from WAUSAU or Ty Smith. I continued to employ this company even after the theft. I have experienced another loss, they broke a Lenox collectible porcelain flower that has not been replaced. I have made many phone calls to Ty Smith, always have to leave a message... no return calls! The value of the ring is $1950.00. The porcelain flower is valued at $50.00. I talked with Ty Smith regarding the replacement of the flower, one time, and he told me that the company had sent a different flower than the one requested. He said, he was going to have to reorder. I have many other problems with this company, leaving the front door unlocked, with screen door propped open. The overall cleaning service was not even up to a high standard. I have all of my paperwork from each of their house visits.

I hired this professional residential cleaning company to clean my home weekly. They have a key to my home and are insured and bonded. They have been servicing my home since 1/2008. On 3/21/08 they came as usual to do their weekly clean. When I came home they were just leaving. I went to inspect after they left, and found swirl marks on my plasma television. When I went to look closer, I noticed these were scratches and not smudges. I contacted the agency and informed them of the situation. The owner, Anneris Isenia called me to say she spoke to the team of two ladies who cleaned my home and they denied doing this. They indicated that these scratches were there. I advised that if this was the case, why did they not notify me of this or let her know so that she could call me right away to advise. This team is the same team who cleans my house weekly.

I hired the Cleaning Authority to clean my house. I paid them $120. When they left, my husband and I noticed the cleaning lady scratched the kitchen grates really bad beyond repair. That day the manager dropped by to see how the girls were doing, but unfortunately I did not notice the damage until they left. I called her and explained that it was damaged. I did not get a return call for three days. They just ignored my concern. I stopped payment on the check.

This company sent a cleaning team to my home on a date that I did not authorize. Then they charged me for a lockout fee for an appointment that I never made.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

The Cleaning Authority offers residential cleaning services with a particular focus on eco-friendliness. The company was founded in the Baltimore area in 1977, and today, has more than 180 locations across North America.

• Detail-clean rotation system: To clean homes effectively, the company uses a detail-clean rotation system that offers consumers full house-cleans twice for the first two sessions, then rotating partial cleanings to ensure every area is cleaned at the right frequency.
  • Green-seal certification: The products that The Cleaning Authority uses are all Green-Seal certified.
  • MyTCA Rewards program: The Cleaning Authority offers consumers a rewards program to thank them for their loyalty. Consumers earn points for using the company's services and can redeem them for discounts.
  • Locally owned: Each franchise is completely locally owned and operated, so the person managing your cleaning is familiar with your community and area.
  • Gift options: The Cleaning Authority allows customers to easily arrange a cleaning for someone else, making it a good gift option.
  • Best for Homeowners who want an eco-friendly cleaning experience, as well as those who are looking to set up routine cleanings with one company.

Compare Cleaning Services