3.09/5
  • 1 star
Based on 35 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution
Discover the right cleaning service for you
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

The Cleaning Authority

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 11, 2017

39 The Cleaning Authority Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

The Cleaning Authority - Fort Worth. The owner Jack is so rude. I called him every time after the cleaner were done at the house to explain that things were not being done according to the contract agreement. After the last time when they broke something in the house I was so upset that they would not even replace the item that they broke. Then they came back yesterday and only cleaned 1/2 of the house. At which time I call and said I am canceling the cleaning service if you can call it that? Well today I get a call from Jack the owner began to hurl insults at me and calling me a liar. I wound never use this company and would not recommend it to anyone. The owner is so unprofessional he won't listen when you give him feedback. The company is a joke and showed be put out of business.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

If I could have rated the service with less than 1 Star, I would have. Our cleaning ladies showed up over an hour late to our scheduled time, they didn't clean the floors at all, in fact the floors were dirtier when they left than when they arrived as they placed everything on her floor and wiped crumbs there from the counters. Bath body sponges were left on the toilet, they were to use their own supplies but instead used ours and even took a Costco box of trash bags from our home. During the cleaning they were cussing and talking a lot, even though they are being paid by the hour. One young lady kept leaving the house to take a phone call from her husband because he was now off work. When we call to complain about the awful cleaning job, the manager Yolanda couldn't have been less helpful.

We were scheduled to have someone come to the Home on a Saturday to do a recurring quote and the manager said she would come with this young lady to also finish the cleaning job and correct it. However she ended up calling and leaving a message saying they wouldn't be coming and to call with any questions. I've called several times and I've yet to receive a callback, I tried calling once again and the women told me that the manager left a message saying that they didn't work on Saturdays. Which is clearly not true. I'm appalled at the incompetence this company has and what awful customer service standards, and even worse cleaning standards.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I didn't think to look up reviews before I had used this company. I hired The Cleaning Authority because since my back surgery I haven’t been able to clean the way I like to. So they do an initial clean "A" and an initial clean "B" for their first two visits. That means they focus on certain parts of home doing a detail clean one time and do a brief cleaning of the other rooms and the next time they come it's detailed cleaning of the other rooms that just a brief cleaning was done the first time and a brief cleaning of the rooms they did a detailed cleaning on.

Today was initial "A", they were only here for an hour and a half and when they left I needed to clean up something in every room. Which A. I shouldn't have to clean and B. I had to make a list of everything that was wrong. Mirrors had streaks, floors weren't cleaned right. They didn't even wipe my kitchen cart and that room was supposed to have a detailed cleaning, I can go on and on of everything that wrong. When I got the bill it was for the price of a regular cleaning so I told them it was wrong and I paid the right price which leads me to believe that they did a general cleaning. I called Cleaning Authority and asked to have the manager call me and he did promptly after said he wasn't gonna cash my check and was gonna talk to them and when they come on Monday they will correct it. So I'm curious to see because I know my husband won't be happy about the job they did since it was pretty pricey.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

I started this service following a medical condition that was making it hard for me to keep up on deep cleaning. My house is overall quite clean, but I can no longer dust cobwebs or blinds or fans, etc. They came in and spent 1-1 1/2 hours. Behind blinds on window sill was lots of dust and a dead fly!!! I'm embarrassed to report that, but like I said, I haven't been able to do deep cleaning and I had no idea how much dust had accumulated until I did an "after cleaning" inspection. Cobwebs left in ceiling corners of bathroom- and this particular visit was the bathroom "deep clean" day. I had left when they were here so they didn't have me watching them.

When we got back, the two cleaners had left, but there was a quality control cleaner here, just checking their work. I had brought her around the house to show her the dead fly, cobwebs, dirt/dust on blinds, etc etc. She was very nice and apologetic, but it just wasn't good. I know if I told my 8-year-old grandson to dust the window sill and blinds, he would have gotten the dead fly! It didn't even smell good when I got in- like cleaner or lemons or at least something to tell me it had been cleaned! I don't really know what they were doing the whole time. I didn't want them to do the bedrooms, just 3 bathrooms, living room, family room and kitchen. I only have a 2300 sq foot home, so it's not like I have a mansion, by any means.

When I called to voice my concerns, the girl who answered was very polite, but she still made me pay for the $144 visit! Beware. Look elsewhere for if you want quality cleaners. Also- the owner here in Brookfield, Jeff, was the one who came out to give me an estimate and he was the one I communicated with when it came to scheduling and such. After my cleaning, I emailed him (like I had with other communication, which he always responded quickly). He did not respond, instead I got a call from the office lady. I guess he can reel his customers in, but he isn't around to resolve a problem. Also, I asked for a hard copy bill to be sent to me instead of online payment. I received a piece of paper with LITERALLY nothing but the letter head and the amount due. No itemization for other info. Strange. Oh well, live and learn.

Original review: July 15, 2017

I've been having my home cleaned once a month by this company for over 3 years. It wasn't overly expensive. There were a few things broken. I only told them about one, which they replaced, the other things weren't a big deal so I didn't say anything. The cleaning job was decent but not excellent. I had them come back a couple times for a redo and other times I just called to bring it to their attention and other times I didn't say anything at all.

I have two cats who hide when they are here. They've never had a problem with my cats the entire 3 years. Until now. They came today and I left so as not to be in their way. When I returned 1 hr and 40 min later they were gone. But they had not cleaned my house. They actually left 40 minutes after they got there. When I called I was told that I had pet issues. That there was cat urine and feces on my carpet and the odor was so bad they had to leave. So suddenly after 3 years I developed a pet issue. There was no feces in the floor. I did see a hairball. And I had just cleaned the litter box. They should not send anyone to a house that has an over sensitive nose to pets. I was so upset about this. Saying that my house was too filthy from cat urine and feces to clean. My house is clean and does not smell!!! After 3 years I suddenly have a problem. If you have pets I do not recommend this company at all.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Cleaning Authority?

Original review: July 13, 2017

I can't begin to tell you my anger with this company. The workers had some junk/paint on their vacuum and severely damaged my daughters rug. Instead owning up to their mistake first they denied it but then they returned my check after I refused to let them leave without a supervisor coming to look. The supervisor promised to be there in 15 minutes but surprise never came. Who I called he said "why would we do anything to fix it? Your rugs are not in good condition." Umm I'm sorry the rug is less than 2 years old and it didn't have blue paint all over it before. Terrible terrible service. Stay away. and on top of that they don't clean very well and are extremely overpriced. They charged me $198 dollars and the workers stayed less than one and a half hours.

Original review: July 7, 2017

We have been very happy with The Cleaning Authority, to date. They arrive when they are expected (bi weekly) and are quite thorough in their work. Our team is two (usually - sometimes three) and are very friendly. Though one does not speak English, she smiles a lot and responds when she can. We recommend: Yeni ** and Erika ** for employee bonuses.

Original review: July 3, 2017

Charged me $110 for an Initial Cleaning telling me they could get what little mold off that was in my shower. Had to call them back as job was not performed properly. Several things were not cleaned. Was told that the mold would come off in time. Only got worse. Called back again. Still did not perform job. This time told mold was under the grout and would not come off at all. Called a supervisor back after 6/15 cleaning. She agreed job was not done properly and she would personally come back on 6/29 with team which she did. She left note stating mold was under grout and we would need to re-grout.

Husband spent one hour on Sunday 7/2 using a solution of Clorox and Soap and water and mold came right off. No scrubbing needed. Called on Monday 7/3. Had to leave 4 messages. Finally the owner called me back. She refused to give me my house key back because she is away for holiday weekend and refuses to give me refund as well. Now I have to have my locks changed because they want me to wait until it is convenient for them to bring my key back. Nope. Don't trust them at all. They are horrible. Both sinks in the bathroom were not cleaned this time even with a supervisor here and the kitchen sink was not cleaned as well.

Original review: June 23, 2017

HORRIBLE COMPANY!!! Stay away! The service started promising with an inspection of the supervisor after every cleaning session but that slowly went away with less and less inspections until they did not do a single inspection at all anymore. The quality was going downhill super fast after a few months and the duration of their sessions became shorter and shorter too. The last session before we terminated the service was less than an hour and no one could tell if they even cleaned during that visit. Dirty dishes literally thrown on top of each other in the kitchen sink. The counter top looked clean but they just wiped around a couple of envelopes sitting there. A normal person would at least have picked them up and whipped underneath. They have not been in our guest room ever. Things also started to disappear, small weird things like a hair dryer which is under my wife's sink for years and never been seen again after they cleaned.

I've always experienced that house cleaners have an expiration date of about a year, one and a half year before they start slacking. But we believed that with a professional company behind it that wouldn't be the case. But this one was even worst, they did not even make it a full year. Their customer service is the most terrible of the whole experience. They are super arrogant, have no courtesy whatsoever and is very unprofessional. If you call with questions or a complain they will constantly interrupt you and even hang up if you tell them you don't appreciate the interruptions. The Cleaning Authority is nothing more than a fast-food chain trying to get money out of people's pocket as fast as they can, leaving you with a dirty house. Bad performance, horrible service!

Original review: June 14, 2017

I received a flyer for The Cleaning Authority in a mailer packet and scheduled an appointment for someone to come out and do an estimate. The owner/franchisee completed the estimate, we agreed on a price and day of week for cleaning, yet he wasn't able to get me on the schedule for 3 weeks. Okay... so the day of my cleaning arrived and no one showed up. I called their call center, and the rep put me on hold while contacting the owner, and I was then told by the rep that the owner would call me directly. He didn't call until the next day and apologized stating he forgot to add me to the schedule. We rescheduled the cleaning for 2 days later, but I told him I wanted the following cleanings to be on the day of the week we had originally agreed upon and he said that would not be a problem.

I received an email confirmation from him and when I checked the weekly schedule, he had me down for the wrong day of the week. Exasperated at this point, I replied to his email and reminded him of the day of the week we had agreed upon and asked him if he could put me on the schedule for that day; if not, I would need to find another cleaning company. He replied back that he was overwhelmed and it would be best if I found another company. Weeks wasted waiting for this company to deliver! I do not recommend the North Charlotte franchise to anyone looking for a cleaning company!

Original review: May 27, 2017

Dear Lynn, I want to actually give you a zero for this review, if I could give negative stars I would, you earned this rating all by yourself. Thursday afternoon I called and spoke to a very nice guy on the phone who set up a free estimate visit for Friday. I was actually really looking forward to meeting with you. You called me at 11:51 am on Friday when our appointment was at 12. My husband and I were sitting with our newborn baby in the family room which is located at the back of our house as we were waiting for your arrival. After about 20 minutes I decided to call to see where you were. When I looked at my phone I noticed you had called at 11:51 am so I called back as soon as I saw this. My phone is kept on silent as we have a newborn baby and I don't want loud noises waking him up when he is sleeping. I called back at 12:08 pm and no one answered. So I called again at 12:13 pm and spoke to you.

I knew the owner of the company "Lynn" was coming to do a free quote and I was actually going to complain to Lynn about how rude the person was on the phone. To my surprise - I was speaking to YOU... THE OWNER OF A COMPANY THAT RELIES ON REFERRALS, WORD OF MOUTH AND I'M SURE CUSTOMER REVIEWS. Well, unfortunately for you, you will not be getting a positive review from us and I will also make sure to re-post this review all over in every place I can so other people can know what kind of an awful person you were yesterday. I would NEVER do business with someone like you EVER. Your attitude was disgusting and horrible and definitely not the way to earn business from potential customers.

When I did get a hold of you on the phone you told me you had "moved on" to the next customer. I explained to you that we did not hear you at the front door and my phone was on silent because of the baby. I said that was weird. I'm surprised we didn't hear the bell. I was explaining to you why we didn't hear and you were so rude to me I was actually really taken aback. I would never speak to someone the way you spoke to me, especially if I am trying to earn their business. You angrily replied with "there are no cars in the driveway, no one answered and the lights are all off."

Newsflash, cars are parked in the garage, and the lights are off because it's day time, and we have a really big house so we will not hear a quiet little knock at the front door. Most people listen to see if they can hear a door bell ring to make sure it is working but clearly that was too difficult for you to do. LOL! You literally kissed your teeth at me and I could hear the disgusting, angry attitude from you through the phone, I could hear you rolling your eyes at me while you said "ughhh." Is that how you acquire customers? With that wonderful attitude? You said you would come back and I was so turned off that I didn't even want you to but I was willing to give it a chance. To be honest I though I was speaking with a receptionist, not the owner of a company. I would have fired that receptionist - but I guess lucky for you, you can't fire yourself.

You said you were coming back for 1:30 pm. I went to my door to see if you were there and you were not, so I went back to sit with my husband and baby in the family room in the back of my house. At 1:38 pm I heard a really loud banging on my door and I got up and ran to answer to make sure I got to you quickly. My newborn baby was strapped to me in case you didn't notice. When I got to my front door you were walking away so I called for you. You came back and you saw with your own eyes as I tested the door bell. It wasn't working but this is the first I've heard of this as typically homeowners don't ring their own door bells. You saw me test the door bell and you saw a baby on me...

You came into our home with so much attitude, shaking your head at us, angry and telling us "This is the second time I've come and banging and ringing the door bell - I don't know what's going on" and giving me so much attitude. I don't know who you think you are or if you thought that this would be a good way to get my business but there is ZERO chance I would ever let you, or your employees into my house after that. I was really happy to tell you where to go. It will now be my mission to post this everywhere so I can to warn people of the kind of person you are. Have a great day you miserable, angry, bitter awful person.

Original review: May 18, 2017

I signed up for the service and was told the first service will be billed by the hour at $60 as it will be a deep cleaning. I had no problem with the cost; however; this was a complete rip-off. Two cleaners came to the house and they spoke no English. I had to call a friend to do the translation - this was not the problem. The problem was that nothing was done correctly. They just surface clean. For a deep clean I would expect as documented in the brochure, dusting, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning of bathroom. The rugs were not vacuumed correctly. Kitchen surface was not wiped down, the tracks for the sliding door was not vacuumed. In fact, they didn't even dust behind the tv.

The bathroom doors were not cleaned, my standing mirror was not cleaned. This was a complete waste. I have used other cleaning services in the past and this is by far the worst. With that, the owners were very friendly and offered to return to address my concerns. But they kept saying that because of the time constraint they rushed. They were there for a total of 4 hours and did not clean any one section of the house correctly. I had to spend my time cleaning after the cleaners. My advice to the owners is that a first impression is a lasting one. In this business you have to get it right the first time.

Original review: April 12, 2017

The young woman who answered the phone was very pleasant and I have no trouble getting the things that I needed. I really appreciated the service and continued to use them over the years. They were very established in the community. The quality of service was very acceptable, they took the time to go over the things that were important to me and show me in explicit detail the things that reminded me of why customers should be appreciated by the establishment. Plus, The Cleaning Authority is always on time and frugal. They kept a strict schedule in all my time doing business with them that's why I would recommend them.

Original review: April 11, 2017

I used The Cleaning Authority for a deep cleaning that I was unable to perform personally since I was pregnant at the time, and I was not disappointed. The maid arrived on time, maybe a few minutes before scheduled appointment. The maid was also prompt and very efficient with good use of time management skills to hit all necessary areas within scheduled timeframe. The customer service department was also very user friendly. They were able to answer all of my questions and process my payment in a timely manner. Pricing was in line with the service I received. I do not think I was under or overcharged. I also appreciated that there were multiple products to choose from to fit my personal needs.

Original review: April 3, 2017

The experience was great. It was rushed because I was busy and didn't have time to clean. I turned to The Cleaning Authority who can help me out. The company will get here as quick as they could and I can always depend on them with no issues. I love that they respect my home and they also use their own vehicle. The customer service is quick and get the work done with no questions asked. They use the best quality cleaning supplies to make my house look and smell fantastic. I am satisfied with the value but I think the company over-charged a little too much for a one-time thing. I would have no problem using them again but at a reasonable price.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

We invited this company for what they called "whole house detailing". The crew were friendly and smiling but the job was not great at all. They mainly focused on areas that were easy to reach and otherwise left dust and even spider nets behind. They would not go up to reach the top shades for wet cleaning explaining this with their policies. The job on the bathrooms was not great either. Their quality control supervisor showed up, but that had little help.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

My mom recommended The Cleaning Authority after l moved. Price was good to helped me get my new house clean so I could focus on starting my business. They were always on time, stayed late sometimes and went above and beyond. They were also so professional, very nice and did their job well. High worth ethic and hard workers. Absolutely amazing. Recommend you use them if you need any kind of cleaning done. Going to use them again before my work party. I am sure they will do amazing yet again.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

You call them up. They will arrange with you on the phone or online a cleaning day and schedule an appointment. Friendly and professional. They got there did a great job. Cleaned places I didn't even tell them they had to clean. About as good as it gets when it comes to cleaning quality. They were as reliable as advertised. Didn't have to look over what they had done. I knew with confidence, they'd get the job done. They are solid and you can count on them. Perceived value is great service with great prices. I would say they accomplish that task. You get what you pay for and then some as it is well worth it when you see the finished work.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

Customer service generally answered all questions and concerns. Sometimes it was necessary to speak with a supervisor or call back to get an answer. There seemed to be that some employees still needed additional training. This problem was worked around. The employees who cleaned for us were very professional. That did a good job cleaning and were polite and honest. Supervisory staff were quick to take care of any problems that we reported. The cleaning staff with a few exceptions reported on time and the work was completed on a timely basis. The exceptions were reported in advance, and the work was completed soon after its scheduled time. These short delays caused no problems. The service got the work by submitting the best bid considering price and quality considerations. The work was generally good quality. The value for the amount paid was good.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

I was extremely impressed with the quality of work they performed. You wasn't sure what to expect, but it was better than I imagined. The price compared to how clean my house was, was literally a drop in the bucket. The service was amazing, they were the only company I worked with, and I doubt I'll go anywhere else. The ladies who came out were the owners, so they put their absolute best into it. I was quoted 4 hours, they actually finished up in three. I have used them a total of 7 times now, and they've been on time, every time. I have no problem hiring people who can clean my house better than I can. I love to see local businesses thrive, and they are doing exactly that.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

The people were super nice and helpful. I would contact them again! I recommend them the best cleaning service there is!!! A++++ and five stars!!! The experience was like no other company I have been through!! The quality was better than any other company and product I have ever use or contacted!! I'd recommend because the service was super fast. I couldn't believe it took less than a week for them to come to my home. So if you need good cleaning please contact them!!! The value was amazing and cheaper than I have ever seen!!!! I'd recommend if you're short on cash and wanting your home cleaner than ever!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

I absolutely loved it. It was fast and easy and the customer service agent guy told bunch of jokes to make me laugh and was completely professional. Very good. Everything I asked for was cleaned and everything was also dust free and was able to breathe much better. They was extremely reliable and did the work they was assigned to do. Was done quickly and professionally and cleaned the air and made the place smell a lot better. The value was worth it for the money they charged and they completed the job they was assigned to do. Extremely fast and professional and cleaned the whole house.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

Customer service was very helpful when I called. They told me when the cleaning crew will come and which day. If I had any complaints they would have took care of it. They cleaned top to bottom. I really had a hard time doing simple task because of a car accident I was in so my mom called them for me and sure enough they cleaned my apartment with no problem. You can rely on this company to help tackle the job. I would definitely recommend you have call them if you need this service done. They are really good at what they do. I forgot how much I paid for this service but it wasn't expensive to pay for. My mom help pay half and I paid the other. They were really nice about letting us pay like that.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2016

It was very easy to sign up with these guys. However, the house really never gets cleaned. I just went out the sliding door where I had to pay extra to have them clean and the tracks are full of dog hair. They always miss the basic things. They just kick your shoes out of their way and then just leave them. I feel I need another company to go over what they did.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

The customer service that this particular maid service provided was exceptionally good. They were patient, considering and quite helpful. They helped me find a trustworthy maid to help me around my home. The quality of the service that the hired maid did was simply astounding. She came over bright and early and started doing her job right away. Cleaning, vacuuming, washing, and organizing my home till everything was spotless. This company's service was one of the best most reliable services it has been my pleasure of knowing and using. The maid that I had employed was never late nor rude. The maid genuinely cared about her work. The value for this service was out of this world, yes it was that good. I felt like I didn't overpay too much considering the excellent service I was provided by the maid I hired. I would definitely recommend this service to someone.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

The service was good. I had no problems. Maids were nice and mainly kept to themselves. Service was easy to use but it is not something I would use often, only for special occasions. Service was better than I could have done myself. Would recommend to people who have extra money. If you are willing to spend the money, you will most likely be happy with what you paid for. Arrived on time, did what was asked in a timely manner. I felt good about what I paid for. Nothing was missing or out of place. Professional service and workers. The value depends on the person. It depends on the situation. How much time do you have or other tasks that need to get done, do you want to spend the money? I didn't want to spend the extra money but did not have time myself to complete the tasks I paid for.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

The service was very easy to relate and connect to the brand. They offer customer services pages for any opinions from customers to contact them. The quality they have was really high quality to use because they offer very clean services to clean up any places they can do and it was great. They show me decent performance with reasonable price in it. The package was great. Also they have a after cleaning services for anytime guaranteed. The value was awesome with that price I can see any better deals from others. Best deal they can offer with new and innovative services available.

Original review: July 13, 2016

Great customer service. They was on time and when I call them I was not on hold a long time. Also they was very friendly and nice. Tell me when my appointment is and let them know if they have not show up. The quality of this service was very good. They was very dresses for the job and it help. They clean the carpet so good that I want to hired them again for the second time round. This company was on times and they took their time cleaning. I was very happy to find them and I give them a great rating. They help me out so much. They my home never been this clean. The price was very good. Never have a cleaning group at the great price that they clean so good. They did not leave no stains or other stuff. I'm very happy of the result they did.

Original review: June 22, 2016

The manager was nice and the people were pretty nice but they were not as careful as I would like. I prefer having the same person in my house cleaning every time. They were prompt and came when they were supposed to come. They did break a few things and they could not be replaced so that was a bummer. They did come on the day and time they were supposed to come and even returned my key promptly when I chose not to use them anymore. They did okay on the cleaning but did break a couple of things. It was a decent price for the service I got but I was never reimbursed for what they broke. If you are cleaning someone else's house, you are responsible for what you break to either replace or reimburse.

Original review: June 16, 2016

Very nice and discreet. Made me feel at home, in my home, lol. Reasonably priced and very easy to do business with. Would recommend to others. They did a really good job cleaning. Everything was spotless. Things were arranged perfectly and the things I needed thrown out were done so. It was just very easy to communicate my needs with them. I think this company is very reliable from my own personal experience. I have used other cleaning services before, but this was the best experience I have had with any other similar company. I believe I got more than I paid for. The workers were polite and attentive to my needs. I was asked for approval on a lot of stuff that I think other companies would have just made executive decisions on.

The Cleaning Authority expert review by ConsumerAffairs

The Cleaning Authority offers residential cleaning services with a particular focus on eco-friendliness. The company was founded in the Baltimore area in 1977, and today, has more than 180 locations across North America.

• Detail-clean rotation system: To clean homes effectively, the company uses a detail-clean rotation system that offers consumers full house-cleans twice for the first two sessions, then rotating partial cleanings to ensure every area is cleaned at the right frequency.
    • Green-seal certification: The products that The Cleaning Authority uses are all Green-Seal certified.
    • MyTCA Rewards program: The Cleaning Authority offers consumers a rewards program to thank them for their loyalty. Consumers earn points for using the company's services and can redeem them for discounts.
    • Locally owned: Each franchise is completely locally owned and operated, so the person managing your cleaning is familiar with your community and area.
    • Gift options: The Cleaning Authority allows customers to easily arrange a cleaning for someone else, making it a good gift option.
    • Best for: Homeowners who want an eco-friendly cleaning experience, as well as those who are looking to set up routine cleanings with one company.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs