Thane Mop

Thane Mop
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.00/5

Banner image

Looking for cleaning services?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Banner image

Looking for cleaning services?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Thane Mop Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thane Mop?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thane?

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

Received the THANE H2Oe3 as a Christmas present. It arrived without a guide book. The plastic third prong on the plug was broken. I was able to insert plastic and plug into socket but the ioniser still would not work. Also, the black activator on the handle was hanging loose and non-functional. As I assembled it a piece of plastic broke off. The gift-giver was informed, contacted supplier and was informed it could only be returned with full original packaging and he would have to pay postage. I cannot repeat 3rd party conversations except to say that he was left furious and despairing. Shoddy materials, shoddy service, minus points all round. These guys are off the take-the-money-and-run variety, and that is my advice to you.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

Ordered H2o Mop x5 through TV advertisement. Chose the 3 payment deal but after receiving item, I didn't like the way it performed or how it felt so I wanted to return. The company ThaneUSA Inc, their website and "customer support" is horrible. Couldn't get a RMA # to return the product until I got the BBB involved. Then I returned it and still got charged the last two payments and no sight of a refund. They don't return email except for auto generated response and can't seem to get anyone on the phone. File a dispute with my credit card company and Thane responded to them making it seem like I never returned the product. I have proof I did. As of this date, the credit company is still investigating. Thane's customer service is terrible. Don't buy from them.

Get buying tips about Household Cleaning Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

My first payment was made, with Thane...But now I keep getting emails telling me they can't bill. Now threatening to turn me into a credit agency for not paying. I have tried contacting them..An impossibility...and I keep getting 'looped' with telling me to create an account..It won't let me..Filling out again and again, with the same 'please create an account'. If you cannot get in, you cannot call, you cannot email.. I'm left wondering how they would like to be paid?? Horrible, horrible company to try and deal with. Totally impossible. STAY AWAY!!!

Original review: June 4, 2020

I bought the H2O HD steam mop but was sent a different mop. Customer service informed me their company will send out similar products if the one the customer ordered was not available. However, firstly, the different steam mop they sent me was cheaper than what I paid for. Customer service then said if I wanted to keep this different mop, they would refund me the £20 difference. However, if I didn’t ring them to check this, I feel they may have kept my money. Secondly, I said I wanted what I ordered. There was no use sending me something similar but different.

The customer service lady said herself, ‘it’s the same sort of mop but not’. I told them from a customer’s point of view, I didn’t find it helpful they sent me a different product without my permission and that it was less than what I paid for. She said I just needed to post it back to them and they’d get the one I ordered to me. She did not mention it was going to be a free return so I insisted I was not to pay for the postage as the box was very heavy and it was their company’s error. She took down details and said she emailed it to her manager who was going to get back to in about 3 working days and would check about postage. I’ve waited about 10days and not heard from anyone so I rang them again only with no one to pick up. I’m going to ring them once more and if no reply, I will be contacting my bank to refund the payment.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

I am in the second mop and it has stopped steaming again. Thane have sent me a replacement body, not working. When it Steams it is brilliant but after a while it stops. I have followed instructions re cleaning and still no Steam, really not impressed. I steam my floors most days as we have dogs. I use filtered water too and regularly clean it as instructions. Thane have replied to email. 1st time they sent me a new mop, 2nd time a new body that does not work at all.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I was excited to purchase the Thane mop, it sounded great. With me having so many rescue dogs in and out I really needed the steam. Anyway the Thane mop stopped working within the week! A complete scam, so many emails back and forth, the company still, will not take the old one back and replace, just threaten to ruin my credit if I didn't pay the balance. I eventually will have to pay the balance but how angry and ripped off, stupid do I feel, there are no more words. But I cannot and do not recommend this company whatsoever! Sincerely Kim **.

Original review: March 20, 2019

Purchased an X5 5 in 1 steam mop. Customer is a senior and handicapped. The mop head failed on it. Contacted customer service for a replacement. Product brochure terribly written such that the part description needing to be ordered was difficult to identify. Worst part was that customer service didn't identify the correct part that was being described as failed. Instead sent a plastic glider versus the mop head. Customer service refused to send a return shipping label for their error and instead wanted us to pay for return shipping which would have cost almost as much as the part.

Customer service supervisor was robotic and heartless in stating that she could not make any exceptions (a return shipping label or customer credit for the wrong part, or sending the correct part at no charge) and it would cost us more to remedy, even though they knew the customer was a senior, handicapped and that the entire steam mop was useless without a working mop head. Don't buy anything from Thane unless you are willing to accept future heartache from their customer service dept. who will NOT make any exceptions to retain good customer service relations and instead receive bad reviews like this one. Monetary greed seems to be more important to Thane than good customer service. BEWARE.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Just to say stay clear of this product as it is just poor quality junk. I only used it now and again and just over a year old it packs up. This was my second one so I won't buy any more. I am in a soft water area so I don't have the limescale problem so it's a lot of money to spend just to bin it, the local domestic electrical repairman said, "Bin it as they are just cheap and nasty."

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

We ordered one of these mops on the trial basis. It didn't work for what we wanted. We sent it back. We have spent many hours on the phone trying to get them and not to take payment for the mop we returned (which they have acknowledged by email) and trying to sort out the return of our money. They have taken the payment anyway, even though they said they wouldn't/haven't. No one in their call centre knows what they are doing and they appear to be utterly useless. I have had go to my credit card company to raise a dispute. DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THEM unless you want to waste your life away on the phone. We still haven't got our money back.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2016

I have used the H20 Mop less than 7 times in the space of two months and it fell to bits. The mop head detaching from the handle. Customer service would not offer a refund, as it was out of the 30 day money back guarantee. They wanted pictorial evidence of the break, and then emailed me how to repair the mop myself!!! Emails have been flying back and forth and I am still no further forward. I do not a replacement for a rubbish product that does not do what it says it does, but it appears I have no choice. My advice is DO NOT buy from Thane - poor quality products and appalling customer service.

Thane Mop Company Information