Team Green Lawn

Dayton, OH

Compare Home Improvement Contractors

Research top Home Improvement Contractors recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I tried this company again because they call and call to pester you to come back. So, I did. I didn't see anything good coming from the lawn treatments, so I cancelled on pmt I sent in. Service wasn't cancelled. They came out again and I cancelled again. I heard nothing since Aug and assumed that it was taken care of. Now, they are calling, EVERY NIGHT, to tell me that I have an overlooked balance left on my acct. Tonight at 8:20 pm was the latest so far. I was even threatened with a collections agency for the $61 they say I still owe. I cancelled this service once and they came back out. Watch out if you agree to use this service!! Weeds keep coming back and so do the harassing phone calls!!!

I wanted to support a "Local" Company and I decided to give Team Green Lawn a try. (2013) I told them I always wanted a call before spraying. I was Promised, and it lasted for one Visit. 2nd Visit, I was double charged for a service I didn't order. They didn't call ahead as promised, and the weeds were going wild. I discontinued them in 2013. 2014, I receive a call from the NEW MANAGER saying he was going to fix the Problems. So, I allow them another shot at it. They did call and sprayed in the spring.

After a few weeks, I see all of these weeds coming up. I called and asked for a visit to look at the yard. I asked for them to call, so I could walk with the Tech. They agreed to call. A few hours later, I see the Tech, pull up, without a call ahead, as promised. When I asked why he didn't call ahead, he said he forgot. We walked the Yard and all I get is a bunch of excuses. Our product doesn't cover that, mow your grass shorter, and the weeds will not be seen, or I don't have the right mix on the Truck to fix it. I will be back next week to fix it!! Which never happened, by the way. No Call back, No Fix, No Treatment??? WEEDS are everywhere!! I have pictorial records of the terrible results. Xenia is not big enough for a Company of this Sad Quality to continue to RIPOFF the Public with false Promises and Dishonesty. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH TEAM GREEN LAWN!!

I just cancelled my service with Team Green lawn. They double billed me, adding a service I never asked for, burnt my grass and have weeds galore, never came back to see the damage they caused after several calls. Do not do business with them! They are very unreliable and their technician, if you can call him that, was in and out in 5 min. Just fast enough to ruin my yard. I have neighbors all around me who do their own fertilizing, and their grass is a deep green and lush while mine looks like hay. And I have a sprinkler system. Can you imagine what my yard would look like if we didn't have all this rain and I didn't use my sprinklers. But the most disgusting thing is they told me on 2 occasions they would come and fix the problem. They never came or called. They are great when it comes to adding a bunch of services that are unnecessary just to line their pockets, but nowhere to be found when they need to fix a screw up.

I used them last season to treat my lawn, decided to go cheaper since I thought same service with a different company. I asked that for the end of the season, I get a Seed and Aeration done, and if it would help give me stronger grass and take care of my bald spots - they said yes. I canceled my service after I did not read the small print that my service would renew itself next season. I called to complain that the Aeration did not fill in my bald spots and was not happy with the work. I asked if they would come out to look at the yard and he immediately stated that since I canceled my service, there is nothing they will do to fix my problem. When I cancelled my service, thought they would ask why I was canceling and see if there is anything they can do to keep me but they didn't care. My reason for canceling was poor treatment to my yard and more weeds than before they came out.

The company sprayed my parent's lawn twice this season already (it's only 5/15/13!) without permission and after my parents had called several times and left voicemails requesting that the company not spray the yard. My parents had spent roughly a thousand dollars on 100% organic landscaping and a 100% organic, non-gmo garden, and all has been compromised. When the company was contacted in regards to this, the company was very disorganized, and replied "So?" in response to my advising that the vegetable garden had been compromised. I am unhappy on behalf of my parents. Hundred percent of people tested whose lawns are sprayed with such chemicals had the chemicals in their blood stream. My parents are both suffering from ailments that could be attributed to the chemicals sprayed on the lawn. Not only that, but my parents have well water. Who knows how much of the chemicals are now in their water? Anyway, I do not recommend using chemicals (there are natural, healthy and cost-effective alternatives), but definitely do not recommend Team Green Lawn!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Team Green Lawn?

Unsolicited sales calls - The company rep called (during dinner hour, of course) and rudely hung up when I mentioned we were on the do not call list. They clearly couldn't care less about laws, so how much are they really going to care about lawns?

In March 2012, we received our first treatment. Fine. April and May, again we received treatment. Fine. Then on June 27, 2012, we supposedly received treatment and were billed for it. I was home and saw the truck in front of my house, watched the driver get out and treat only the edges of the front yard. Then he went at the back, dragging the hose and proceeded to visit with our dogs in the kennel. As he left, he sprayed the sidewalk outside of the backdoor to give the scent of the treatment that was supposed to be applied to the yard. Not once was any treatment sprayed any place in the backyard. I stayed inside and observed because we have had similar situations with other companies in the past and wanted to believe Team Green Lawn was honest and provided a good service. Not.

I promptly called the office and informed them of what I saw and asked how many other times had this happened when we were not home and received a bill from the company. I was assured this was not the way they do business and it would be resprayed. Never happened. I cancelled my arrangements with the company, but now I received a bill that the yard was treated on Aug. 15, 2012. What did they spray? What did they treat for? Because of the heat and drought this summer, our grass was brown and crunchy.

I am very happy with Team Green Lawn LLC. A gentleman by the name of Joshua came to my door. He was just checking on my lawn as he was generating business. I told the gentleman that I had his service and I was very happy! As the gentleman left, he was walking past my home and I realized I was locked out of my home. So, I asked the gentleman if I could borrow his phone to call my son and it was a success. Thanks, Josh and Team Green Lawn, for the service.

Inappropriate charge came in on my mother's (Hortense **) Visa's account ($12.99). She had been in a nursing facility and did not charge anything. Please have them delete the charge from her account. Thanks.

I signed up to receive six lawn treatments from Team Green Lawn. The first treatment happened with no issue, however, my second treatment was due around mid-May. The applicator showed up on May 10 but only spot treated for weeds and did a pest control. He told me that the second treatment would come in the next week or so. After two weeks, I called and spoke with Brandon who said that he would notify the dispatch department and get me on the list. Another week went by when I called back. This time I was told by Brandon that he would send an urgent email and ask that I be made a priority. After three days of no treatment, I called back and spoke with Tiffany, the office manager. She assured me that this was not normal and guaranteed that someone would be at my house the next day. At 4:55pm, the next day, I was contacted by the driver of the application truck and told me that he ran out of chemical and would come back tomorrow.

At this point, my lawn had gone almost two and a half months since a treatment and it looks awful. I was told verbally by both Tiffany and Brandon that they would personally watch my account to make sure nothing happened and since my lawn was "off cycle," I could get another treatment in four weeks (Mid-July).

On July 18th, I called and again spoke with Tiffany. She initially said that I was not due for a treatment for another 2-3 weeks, but after I reminded her about my situation she said someone would be out the next day. No one showed up for the next three days. Each day, I called and was told by Brandon that they are trying, but there is nothing they can do about their application department. Even though they are part of the same company, they have no control over what they do or don't do. I said that this was completely unacceptable and I asked for a call from their owner, Josh Anderson. I have not heard from Josh and finally today, I cancelled my service. When I last contacted Brandon to cancel my service, I still requested a follow-up call from the owner.

My lawn has missed multiple treatments and is in very poor shape. The grass is brown and I have lots of weeds. Both of which were supposed to be taken cared of by regular Team Green Lawn applications.

In attempt to support local business, I retained Team Green Lawn for lawn treatments and weed control in 2010. After 2 applications, my yard was a mess filled with dandelions and other weeds. I canceled the service. This year, 2011, I got a call from Team Green Lawn stating they would like another chance. I, being an advocate of local business along with a convincing sales call and guarantee, went with this company again. I thoroughly explained I wanted no dandelions due to allergies. Again, my yard is filled with weeds and dandelion throughout. I canceled again convinced that this company was not for me. Two weeks or so after waiting for my prepaid refund, a manager reactivated my account and TGL returned to treat my grass in spite of my cancellation. I contacted TGL customer service and Tiffany connected me with a manager named Chris.

I insisted over and over again that I do not want the service and felt it was inferior to meet my needs for weed control. Chris insisted that I continue with the service until I finally hung up. I was told by Tiffany before getting connected with Chris that an email was sent to another manager and the owner. No refund. I sent a certified letter to the company letting them know that this would be my last request for a refund before pursuing legal remedy and that TGL is banned from my property. The following week, I received a partial refund. They subtracted both the initial application that I requested and the application from 2 weeks after I canceled when they "reactivated" my account without my permission. The guarantee was not honored and Team green Lawn is dishonorable.

I still have to treat my lawn and the weeds have spread from the edge of my property throughout the whole front yard. I have suffered with allergies unnecessarily. This company still owes me $127.80.

I was solicited by phone about getting lawn treatment from Team Green Lawn in January 2010. I negotiated a cost and asked them to send me our agreement in writing before I paid. When I received the agreement, it didn’t state anything we had agreed to on the document. I called them and told them to send me something in writing of our agreement; otherwise, I wouldn’t be needing Team Green Lawn’s service. I still didn’t get anything from them and decided not to pursue their service any further. I did decide to get service from another lawn company and got my first early spring application in April. Three days later, Team Green Lawn came out and gave me a spring application without my approval or me asking for their service.

I called them and told them about the problem and was told that I would be taken out of the computer. A month later, I received an invoice for $58.85 from Team Green Lawn. I called again and told them I wouldn’t be paying for the spraying and was told someone would contact me. Needless to say, I wasn’t contacted. So I decided to follow up a few days later. I spoke again to an office personnel, who never identifies herself, and was told that they would be taking half off the bill. I was livid at this point and again I was told that I would be getting a call from the manager. I still haven’t received a call. I would steer clear of this business. They are very unprofessional. Spending time and anguish trying to solve the problem and they don’t seem to care. Luckily, the second application they gave didn’t kill my lawn.

Team Green Lawn entered my property and sprayed my lawn with chemicals without approval. I came home yesterday to find "Brandon" spraying my lawn. I did not request this service, have not signed for this. He said the work order/invoice has a man name Gary at that address. I just moved in and no Gary lived there previously to my knowledge. He knew he was in the wrong, he did not leave the stick in the grass that notifies that pets and children should not be on the grass. He had stated he had sprayed my back lawn that was gated. Actually had a rope tied around the gate, because of my dog. He sprayed my dogs bones and toys.

I have made 3 phone calls one 4/8/10 the office was closed I left a message. No return phone call on 4/9/10. Called and spoke with Office Manager Stephanie, I explained the situation. She said she would have her boss call me. His name was Josh A. I never received a call. I called again at 10:50 and told her to mark the time I called again and have him return my call. She stated he would be in before she went to lunch. This is unacceptable. I have a nephew that plays in my yard and if these chemicals were in my yard and I was unaware since no sign was put in the yard to stay off, this is a danger!

This company entered my yard and sprayed lawn chemicals I did not request or sign for. I have a pet dog that her bones and toys were sprayed. No notice that he was coming or any signed documents allowing them to enter my yard or be on my property providing me this service. He had to have untied the rope to get in. I want this company reviewed for there lack of neglect. Entering my yard and spraying chemicals I did not order. I expect them to apologize and pay for the dogs items I have to throw away. If my dog becomes ill I will be in touch with this company.

Team Green Lawn Company Profile