Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Swiffer Reviews

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

Purchased the Swiffer and solution for wood floors. The swiffer stopped working after three uses. The solution will not spray. I’m assuming that the solution somehow clogs the jets after a few uses. I would not recommend this product.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

Well, with hardwood or tile floors throughout the house, I have found the Swiffer Wet Jet to be very useful. What I DON'T find useful is the short life span. My first one lasted maybe 5 months and I only used it for touchups on the kitchen floor. The second one "died" about a week ago (about 6 months of kitchen touchups). They both clogged up and I have researched and tried the online recommendations for unclogging. No success. So, I have to buy a new one because, as I said, they are great for touchups but extremely unreliable as far as life span. When these mops work, they work well but they just don't last. I hate dropping $25 for something that I know will not be with me very long. I should smarten up and just try the Bona brand. The problem is that I have 3 bottles of the Swiffer liquid that I don't want to waste. C'mon, Swiffer...you can (hopefully) do better. Alan in Durham, New Hampshire

Get expert buying tips about Household Cleaning Products delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

WET SWIFFER FLOOR PADS - WORTHLESS. These pads are cheaply made and won't stay on the pad head due to its poor design. I am not an engineer, but could easily design a better product than they offer. I will never buy this product (wet floor pads) again. I have complained to Swiffer 2 times over a year and all they do is send coupons, which I throw away. I am now buying Walmart brand, heavier duty and works much better.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

The mop part broke from the body of the wet jet. The top part is no longer connected to the base. I was moping and it just snapped. I believed if I had not experienced that, it would be an okay product.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

I've read a few of the review of the Swifter wet jet, and I either live in an alternative universe, or your folks have very high expectations for a $25 damp jet mop. I've had the same mob for six years. I've replaced the batteries when necessary and changed the pads as needed; still, the wet jet does a great job over and over again. PLEASE remember, this is NOT a MOP. It's not meant for massive spills or to do a deep clean. I use it for quick clean-ups, wipe up minor spills, or to spiff up the floor for company. If you have wall to wall wood floors, this is not the product for you. The swifter certainly beats taking out the mop and bucket for an entryway, kitchen floor, etc. I'd bet those who break the device two months after using have the same problem with other appliances. A 4-year-old could use this.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Swiffer?

Original review: June 29, 2019

If you have tile floors forget it, it will not clean very well, I used the Swiffer and then used sponge and the sponge was much dirtier than Swiffer. I have tried it several times. The sprayer will quit in 2 or 3 uses, the pad comes off easily, junk.

Original review: April 30, 2019

Tonight I bought a Swiffer Wet Jet for around $23. Came home and tried to use it. It’s a piece of crap. Feel like I just threw away $23. Swiffer should give everyone a refund and take this product OFF the market. Otherwise, I will never purchase another Swiffer product in my lifetime.

Original review: April 14, 2019

I just bought my Swiffer and used it for the first time. It's impressively light and heavy duty, I'm impressed how simple it is and how well it cleans, I'm impressed! I'm not sure about the other models but the basic Swiffer is impressively impressive.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I purchased my Swiffer Wet Jet from BJ's as the starter kit three months ago. I have hard wood floors throughout my house and it was working great. Now, three month in and the wet jet will not squirt out the solution onto the floors. I have tried changing the batteries in the mop twice and it will not work still. I also cannot return the product to BJ's because I have been using the product. I went to BJ's and they advised me to contact Swiffer. It would be nice if a replacement Wet Jet could be sent to me as this should not be happening to a brand new product! Recently purchased.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I bought this product for my new wood floors and it is a piece of junk! The bottle of cleaner was hard to sit so that any fluid would come out and then all it did was bubble! It only "sprayed" after many tries and then for about 2 seconds. Do not waste you money!

Swiffer Company Information