Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.95/5

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Swiffer Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Swiffer?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Swiffer?

Original review: Feb. 8, 2015

After about 4 months during routine floor cleaning, the handle broke creating rough edges rendering the unit unusable. These rough edges are safety hazard for cuts and lacerations. Also, depending on the breakage pattern, sharp edges and ergonomic use pattern a severe laceration or possible amputation are possible. Unfortunately this has been occurring for years with no design changes. Replacement coupons will not resolve the safety issue with this product. Consumers seem to have an inventory of refills which drives repurchase or acquiring new mops from the coupons provided by P&G. I'm sure the addition of support ribs, stronger or alternate materials could fix this problem. This is playing out like the GM ignition switch issue that went on for over 10 years before resolution.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2015

I received your coupons and went to the store and purchased yet the third Swiffer WetJet. Still same old problem. Your product used to be good and now is crap! I used this Swiffer for years and then you changed your style most likely to save money and now they are just contributing to our landfill waste problem because that's where all three of mine are going! Thank you for your coupons but no thank you for your faulty cheap product. Now what am I going to do with all the Swiffer product that barely sprays out of one nozzle and sucks at cleaning my floors.

Until you redesign your product once again I will be going back to the old mop and bucket. It's better anyway, your mop is not environmentally-friendly and it just makes me frustrated every time I go to use it now and it sucks. Thank you for trying to help me. If you do redesign and decided to not be cheap, let me know and maybe I'll go back to using this mop. Until then you lost a very loyal customer for years. Good bye Swiffer WetJet.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2015

It broke after a few months. No rough treatment. Before the plastic one failed, several aluminum handles snapped off. In addition the thin wires that enable charging have also snapped. It's a very good product but there are several weak points that could have been anticipated.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2015

I like the Swiffer a lot. I have four because every time I buy one the second time I try to use it, one of the sprayers stops working. So come up with a better sprayer system. Thanks.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2015

I have used the Swiffer wet jet for several years now on tile floors. Decided to lay a piece of the original tile down to see if there was a change. WOW. Could not believe how dirty the tile was. On hands and knees cleaned each tile to original color and tossed the Swiffer in garbage. Will use mop and bucket.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2015

I just assembled my new Swiffer Wet Jet with new batteries and it will not spray. All it is doing is creating puddles. Disappointed and peeved as I am having company tomorrow and wanted to quickly mop my floors.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2015

We go through these every few months. The handle always breaks. I was blaming my son for applying too much pressure, but he challenged me to check the web to what is up. So, here I am checking, and he was right! This product is not worth the money! I have spent a ton of money on their products but I am over it!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2015

Bought swiffer. Broke after the 3-4th use. Contacted Swiffer twice by email. Got a notice back that they would contact me and never did. I like the Swiffer, but will probably not get another as they break quickly and their company does not make it right. Obviously, I am not the only one by looking at how many others have submitted similar stories!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2015

Before June 2014 I had owned a Swiffer Wetjet for over 10 years and when it finally quit in July 2014 I had liked it so much I immediately bought a new one. Within a month my son was cleaning up the floor and the handle snapped off just under the spray button exposing the wires. He is a young man and I thought he had maybe pushed too hard, so I bought another one in August. By the end of September we had a quick spill and my friend Whitney grabbed the wetjet for a quick mop up and the handle again broke. I thought she also possibly pushed a little excessively and again I thought the first one lasted but they are young and tried to push too hard.

By the end of October I was grocery shopping and passed the swiffers and really wasn't liking my other mops, I again bought a new one thinking I will be the only one to mop because the younger adults maybe used too much strength while pushing down. This one lasted me until the end of December 2014 when I was freshening up the kitchen for guests, I wasn't working it too hard, even light thinking to myself, "see, it works great, these kids are trying to go too fast, and push too hard, that's all." And just as I said it, this one also broke.

There is definitely a flaw or weakness right under their spray button. All three have the same exact perfectly straight crack. Still have all three. New ones. The original just won't spray. I gave it a few real good pushes, and it's way more sturdy just by the feel. They were made to get the job done when they first came out. These new ones are cheaply manufactured. Even the sprayers get weak with fairly fresh batteries. In 11 years I changed the batteries just a few times. I am looking for a new mop now. As you can see a new one will just break in the exact same way, unless this mop is no longer rated as a sturdy tool.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2014

I have previously owned a swiffer vac for years and other than the bracket at the bottom cracking on one side (which I duct taped!), never had any more problems with it. Had it for years. Moved and bought a new one less than two years ago and battery will not charge at all. At all! Watched a youtube video where a guy replaced them, not sure where to buy them or how much. Spent close to $40 on the vac. Hate to buy a new one so soon. Agree they must be making them cheaper.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2014

I used my wet jet twice; it quit working. The cleaning product is very expensive & I prefer natural cleaners like vinegar, but that is not an option. Swiffer might replace it, but I don't want another one.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2014

Four weeks ago I bought my third swiffer and again it broke at the handle. I thought it was me, but I don't misuse it, so what gives with your product? I like the way it cleans, but it is getting quite expensive replacing the product. What are you doing different or are you just using cheaper plastic? I can't afford to keep buying new swiffers so maybe I should at a different product.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2014

I recently bought my first Swiffer Wet Jet and was very pleased with how easy it was and how well it cleaned my hardwood floors. A week after using it the left jet stopped working. A few weeks later the right jet barely works even after replacing the batteries. Overall I am very disappointed. The store would not let me make a return because I have used the product and didn't return it sooner.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2014

Out of curiosity I decided to check the internet and find out if others have the same problem as I do with the Swiffer Wet Jet cracking and breaking in the same spot and lo and behold I struck the mother load. I'm on my 4th Swiffer wet jet in a little more than a year. The three previous wet jets all cracked in the same spot. I wish they'd do something about this obvious design flaw, and of course they know about the problem. When the current new wet jet I'm using finally breaks, which could happen at anytime, I will not buy another one until the flaw is addressed and corrected. I like how the product works, I can't stand the obvious fatal flaw in it.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2014

The handle has broken on our third and last Swiffer Wet Jet. We like the way it cleans, that's why we still bought a third one after the first two broke. I attempted to reinforce the handle on the third Wet Jet before using it by wrapping it heavily with duct tape. I was also extremely careful when using it so as to not apply too much downward pressure on the end of the handle. No luck. The handle on the third one broke on its fourth use, even with these measures. It's an extremely poor design. Like many of the other commenters, we too have a stock of cleaning fluid and pads that we hate to waste. But I will not throw away any more good money on a bad product until this problem is fixed.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2014

Swiffer wet jet - I like it but cracked in half down at the swivel joint. Swiffer should refund money to consumers or give them a new improved one with quality plastic.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2014

I have been in contact with Swiffer since Feb. 2014 when I filed a claim for damages to my wood laminate floor. I have a professionally laid Armstrong floor, for which Swiffer carries an Armstrong endorsement on their Wet Jet wood system. I have consulted with Armstrong which first said that they never tested Swiffer, and then said that while their website doesn't recommend it, they do recommend certain of their products but only for wood. Swiffer's label includes laminate. After several years of usage, my floor shows bubbling in the walkway areas, not just at the seams. My installer says he's never seen anything like that. Ultimately, Swiffer representative, Sheila, stated that there must have been gaps in the flooring joints or end seams, which allowed the cleaner to penetrate the surface. In other words, given the normal installation procedure, Swiffer liquid floor solution and the Swiffer Wet Jet process are totally inappropriate for laminate flooring, regardless of whether it is professionally laid. Am considering small claims court, as my floor was over $3,000...

Original review: Oct. 13, 2014

I use to have the Swiffer Wet Jet and thought my floors were "clean" WRONG. I had cleaned my floors on a Saturday then on Sunday my Mom and I went to Wal-Mart and bought the Shark Steamer. Later on that Sunday I used the steamer. My floors "were not" cleaned like I thought they were. The pads were getting dirty like I never even mopped my floors.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2014

I have used them for years. Then suddenly the last two have broken where the aluminum meets the plastic at the handle. The one I am using now just broke and it is new.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2014

I have purchased in 6 months and they both broke in the same spot (on the handle) and yes I paid full price for both!!!!!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2014

The ** thing sucks. Big ** did not work from the day I bought it. It was a damn RIP. It did not even turn on for not even 1 second. I wish I would of done some research on the ** thing but I did not. SO MY ADVICE TO YOU - DO NOT BUY ONE. NOT WORTH THE HEADACHE. TRUST ME. YOU WANT TO BUY MINE FOR I sell it to ya for a great deal lolololololo.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2014

I have used the Swiffer vac for about 5 years. I will say that proctor and gamble has honored their warranty every time for me when the vacuum just out of the blue stopped working. It is time to get rid of these things all together. I am going old school and getting the $1.00 broom and dustpan from the dollar store. Save your money. The Swiffer wet vac......junk as well.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2014

We have purchased 3 swiffers in the past several years. Every one of them has broken at the handle as is stated in so many of these complaints. I did not save my receipt or my upc from the box, who does that?? I can promise you that I am finished wasting $20 a piece for this item. Time to come up with a new plan. You need to fix this flaw!!!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2014

Broken handles. The guarantee is a scam, by the time they break the 30 day period is up, what a P O S. I have clamps holding one of these together. Do Not Buy.....3. For 3.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2014

I purchased an original Swiffer that lasted for years! I have purchased four additional ones since then and each one has broken in the exact same spot on the handle. There was obviously a change in material, design or workmanship that has created a weakness in this area of the mop. Some may ask why I continue to purchase a new one. I'll explain... Each time it breaks, I have three bottles of cleaner on hand because I purchase the refills at a bulk supply warehouse store. Swiffer needs to stand behind its product and make this right with their customers. I will not purchase another without them contacting me to address this issue!

Original review: July 7, 2014

I have purchased five of these in as so many years. I love the way they work, the convenience. But the design needs to be worked on. The plastic handle on every single unit has broke just below the sprayer button. It is a weak spot, that gets the most pressure applied when pushing forward. They offered me a coupon on a future purchase. That's the hook, to keep buying something they know will break.

Original review: July 3, 2014

I purchased the Swiffer Wet Jet about 6 mos. ago and love. All of a sudden, it just stopped. I put new batteries dated March 2018 in and still does not work. In order to get my money back or a new one, the company wants a receipt and original carton it came in... Who keeps receipts like that after 6 mos.?

Original review: June 29, 2014

I had an original Swiffer wet jet that lasted for years with no issues. I recently replaced it with a newer wet jet and within 3 months, the handle broke.

Original review: June 27, 2014

I bought this thing and every time I use it, my floors are left sticky and I have to go over my floor on my hands and knees to get the sticky mess up. If I wanted to scrub my floors like that, I would not have bought this.

Original review: June 6, 2014

I purchased the WetJet at the first of the year and have used it sparingly. I still haven't used the small cleaning solution bottle that came with the unit. First the handle broke, so I used JB weld to put it back on, and just today the unit quit spraying. Checked the batteries, they are OK. So I guess I'll just toss this piece of crap into the trashcan. What a piece of crap! I wouldn't recommend this to my worst enemy.

Swiffer Company Information