Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.95/5

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Swiffer Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Swiffer?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Swiffer?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2015

Refill wipes way too expensive for the small amount that you get in the box. Cleaner bottle does not last long at all. Can't refill with my own cleaner. This makes this product WAY TOO EXPENSIVE keep up with. Swiffer is making millions while consumer is going broke.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2015

After only a few months, the spray jets clogged. My friend hates her Swiffer and she gave it to me because a jet clogged. I used it twice and the second jet clogged. It seems that all the complaints involve clogged jets and broken handles.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2015

I bought a Swiffer Sweeper Vac when they first came out. It was fantastic and we used it for years. We only live here 6 months a year and we have no kids or pets, which surely prolonged its life. We use it after every meal to pickup crumbs, and in two bathrooms to pick up hair... nothing big; that's it. The floors are tile and the areas are average in size.

Last fall I had to replace the original b/c it would no longer hold a charge. I was so pleased with the original product, I did not hesitate to buy another, even though it cost considerably more now. The second one lasted about 6 months, and we were not here all the time. I was annoyed but did not have the receipt, but I figured it was a fluke and went out and bought another. Price had increased again or I bought it in the wrong store.

This (third) one is dead in less than 6 months, too. WHAT HAPPENED? This is really disappointing b/c it's a great idea but a waste of money. If I could find the receipt, I'd send a copy but I trusted you, P&G, so I am hoping you trust me to be reporting the truth. Read all these complaints. Everyone seems to be saying the products are not what they used to be. NOT okay!!! It will be interesting to see if they acknowledge this deterioration in quality.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2015

I've own my Swiffer wet jet for 6 months now. I don't use if often because I do like to use a real mop. I do however use it at least once a week. It quit working and I figured it was the batteries. It took me a while to remember where that compartment was but finally got it. Changed the batteries and it still did not work. Took the 3 screws out of it and it is rusted around the motor or some coil thing in there. So now I own a piece of junk that will have to go to the land fill. I won't buy another one. Sorry.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2015

I've gone through three Swiffer wet jets. Will never get another one again! The sprayers constantly clog up & make a big mess of a puddle on the floor. Not good on hardwood floors. Highly do not recommend this product!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2015

Called in to register WetJet like website stated to get warranty, was told by rep that was not need. After persistent got ref No. Not sure if there is any warranty on this product.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2015

I bought my first Swiffer & it worked like a charm! I was so. Then the dreaded day that the handle broke.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2015

I have been using my Swiffer wet jet for a number of years. The strips on the bottom that hold the mopping pad will not hold the pads anymore. I bought a new one today 8/3/2015 and will hopefully be using this one a long time too. Although after reading the reviews about breaking handles I am a bit leery so I am taking a wait and see attitude. After reading all about breaking handles I saved the old one and am hoping I can find the replacement strips to replace these so I have a backup.

The trouble with all these websites is there are so many places to wade through to try and find the item you are looking for. It is a terribly long process that could be simplified. I just don't have the time or patience to spend the time searching through all this mess. I want to be able to list what I am looking for and go directly to the actual sites that carry it. I like all of the Swiffer products I have used so far although I must say the wet jet does not pick up and contain dog hair like it claims. It just deposits a line of it on the floor. I do try to pick it up with my Swiffer sweeper which I love, before I mop. And I like the Swiffer dusters although they must be changed often during the cleaning process or they just redeposit the dust to a different piece of furniture.

Original review: July 31, 2015

Don't like how I have to keep remopping my floor cause it gets sticky.

Original review: July 25, 2015

I have new batteries. Cleaned sprayer ports with vinegar, toothbrush & toothpick. NO sound of a motor even attempting to run! I am handicapped, 80 yrs old & I need to have something that will work. Please advise me on what to do.

Original review: July 12, 2015

Doing my daily Swiffer mopping when I started mopping the handle broke off, I fell forward, almost falling! I was absolutely floored that the handle broke off.

I am 66, not far from 67. If I had fallen I very well could have broken something! What if I'd been an older Swiffer customer??? Why don't you reinforce the handles from the inside? Very angry!

Original review: July 3, 2015

The first Swiffer I bought, the handle broke so I bought another one. Same thing happened, the handle broke and it would not spray. P&G, you need to get your stuff together, your product is garbage.

Original review: July 1, 2015

I bought 4 Swiffer WetJet. I do love using it for my home but every single one cracks at the handle. Maybe stop curving the handle. Truly hope you can correct cause I can't afford to keep buying this product. Would love to see a better version made.

Original review: June 26, 2015

The same problem as everyone else has with the Swiffer WetJet mop. The handle breaks off without putting any pressure on it. My daughter had the same problem with her WetJet Mop. Like dummies, we bought another one and assembled it only to find that the floor cleaning solution wouldn't come out. After several attempts to get the fluid to dispense, we gave up and are returning it to Target where we purchased it. Someone should file a lawsuit against the company that makes this thing and force them to replace the broken handles or give them a new one. The other thing I'm mad about is there is no address or phone number to contact this company to voice your complaints. I can't find out who makes it.

Original review: June 24, 2015

In the past year we have bought two wet swiffers and they both went bad and would not run even with new batteries... I will never buy another one if you can't scrub your bathroom over 45 times before it quits. Why don't you go back to the pull trigger to wet the floor....

Original review: June 7, 2015

This mop makes an easy job of mopping and cleaner has a nice fragrance. However, this is the second mop I have purchased and the handle breaks into while mopping. I do not feel that I was putting any heavy pressure on the mop to cause this. Buyers beware.

Original review: May 31, 2015

I've had several Swiffer wet jets but I won't be buying anymore. The last 2 I had quit spraying after about a month. I've replaced batteries & tried everything but nothing worked. I'm going to try to find a more reliable brand the next time I buy a mop.

Original review: May 4, 2015

I just purchased my second Swiffer Wetjet. The handle breaks with a small amount of pressure. Love the idea, but the company is a rip off. Once this one breaks, I will not purchase again.

Original review: April 25, 2015

I just bought a brand new Swiffer wet jet. Doesn't spray. Waste of time and money. Thanks a lot!

Original review: April 21, 2015

My first Swiffer WetJet was awesome, I also have the Swifter 360 Duster, and I've owned several Swifter vacuums. As stated my first wet jet was awesome, the ones purchased after not so much. Each of my Swiffer WetJets have had an issue at the swivel head, the minute it slightly turns it pops out. Surely there is a way to fix this and I know so many people with this same issue. This problem has deteriorated the value of this product. The picture below shows my 2 current Swiffer WetJets and Swiffer vacuum.

Original review: March 30, 2015

I've bought 3 Swiffers and 3 Swiffers have had handle breakage at the same breakage point. At first I thought it was just me, so I bought another one. The second time around I was really careful not to do what I thought I did to the first one, but it happened again! Being warned I bought a Third one and it broke again!!!!! THIS IS NOT FAIR!!!! I thought Swiffer was a Quality Product, I guess I was completely Wrong. Sometimes when you give companies the benefit of the doubt you get burned, this is one of those times.

Original review: March 30, 2015

This product is horrible not picking up dog hair as shown on tv!

Original review: March 21, 2015

I got a Swiffer WetJet, put it together and it does not work. It will not hold the pads on it and it doesn't spray very well. Brand new batteries and it may work every now and then. I see no way to get a hold of Swiffer to complain.

Original review: March 19, 2015

Swiffer WetJet - First handle lasted about a year. Second handle lasted about 2 years (used once a week) before breaking and motor in unit gave out.

Original review: March 15, 2015

I first bought a Wet Jet several years ago and the product was good. Now, however, I feel the product quality has deteriorated. I bought one about 4 months ago and it never worked very well. The sprayer was weak instead of the good spray the older one had had.. After a couple of months it quit altogether. I bought a new one yesterday, hoping that the previous one had been an exception to the rule. Today I tried it. One sprayer drips water very weakly. The other doesn't work at all. Forget it. I'll use a mop from now on. It isn't as convenient as a good, working Swiffer, but apparently those are hard to get. Working ones, that is. At least a pail of water is reliable.

Original review: March 15, 2015

I'd owned my Swiffer WetJet for only about a year when it stopped working. I'd been pleased with it; did a nice job, easy to use. So when it was time to purchase the refill solution and buy more WetJet pads, I did so without hesitation, even though I was dismayed by the price. The stuff ain't cheap. It was a couple of months before I actually popped in the new bottle of solution. (My floors don't get really dirty. No kids, no pets.) But eventually I was ready to mop again, so I inserted the new bottle of solution, pressed the WetJet button and...nothing. No spray. Just...nothing. I was furious. Still am.

In frustration I've been squeezing the solution onto the floor by hand, but it's not easy to do. The bottles of solution aren't designed to be used that way. The bottle is made of hard plastic, the top has (thus far) proved impossible to remove, and the solution comes out in an exceedingly thin stream that's difficult to see. It's just not designed to be applied by hand. It's designed to be used inside the WetJet machine, but the damn thing no longer works!!! I had a moment of hope when, after reading the manual, I was reminded that the WetJet runs on batteries. So I changed the batteries -- easy to do -- and happily pressed the button thinking, "This will take care of things". NOPE. Still doesn't work. I am soooo pissed, lemme tell you.

Original review: March 8, 2015

When the Swiffer Wet Jet first came out, my husband and I were in love. We own a cleaning company and this changed things for us. We used the first one we bought for several years, with no complaints. We even purchased a couple more so we didn't have to carry them from place to place, but could just leave them at each cleaning location. After a couple of years, the handle broke on each of the ones we had purchased (which we were not upset about, because we had gotten plenty of use for our money). However, every subsequent one we've purchased has been a piece of junk! I have to admit we've purchased roughly 10 more of these mops over time (I know, we should have given up by now). Every one has either resulted in a broken handle or the sprayer quits working a VERY short time after purchasing it.

We are actually still using a couple, but we have to carry around a spray bottle of cleaning solution to spray the floor before we mop with the Swiffer that doesn't spray anymore. Well, we've finally had enough and will be exploring other options for a mop. Hopefully, we can find a more quality product than Swiffer. P&G keeps making changes to their products that result in them being way less reliable and useful for us. Sigh... what happened to P&G and why do they keep making these bad decisions to change their products. It's probably to save money, but they've definitely lost our business from now on.

Original review: March 8, 2015

I bought a new wetjet and it only half sprays. Tried fixing it and trying to contact company with no luck.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2015

I have bought two Swiffer wet jets, one the regular purple one then I bought the special pink one that was for breast cancer. Both wet jets have broken at the handle and stopped working. My husband and I are retired and on a fixed income and can't afford to keep buying these things even though I loved my wet jet and hated mops and bucket. But if the company that makes the Swiffer products can't replace my wet jets and fix the obvious handle flaw, I can't continue to use the products. Also, as you can see in the pictures I sent, the dry floor duster also broke at the bottom. I can't clean my floors now. And these Swiffers weren't cheap.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2015

ON-GOING HANDLE BREAKAGE - POOR DESIGN and BRITTLE CHEAP PLASTIC -- I too have been ripped off repeatedly with a poor quality product that does not seem to be improving. P&G Purchasing wanted to be a "hero" and source a cheap manufacturer likely in China to save a few cents? I hear a huge back-fire.

Swiffer Company Information