Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Swiffer Reviews

Original review: March 26, 2014

The plastic handle on my Swiffer Wet Jet just broke off in my hand. It is now unusable and Swiffer does not offer a replacement part, it is like they do not care about customer satisfaction. They must be a subsidy of Ford. Ford is another company who does not support the products they sell. They hang up on customers with complaints, tell you they fix your car and charge you while they never touched your car.

Original review: March 23, 2014

While cleaning my floors, the handle broke... unable to use it. It looks like there is a defect in the construction.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: March 15, 2014

3 tries with brand new units. Same problem with all 3. Only sprays from one jet. Purchased 2 from Walmart and 1 from Menards. These are junk.

Original review: March 13, 2014

I bought the Swiffer Wetjet, I used it about 4 times worked pretty good. I still like doing it on my hands and knees. The problem was I put the machine away and when I went to use it the next day, the liquid in the machine leveled and stained my wood floor. I am sick to my stomach about this. My floor looks really bad and the stain will not come off. It stained the wood, please help me.

Original review: March 9, 2014

Handle broke again. This is the 5th time in one year. P&G send out coupon for replacement, however they never fixed the problem. Plastic is too weak above metal tube in shaft of handle.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Swiffer?

Original review: March 7, 2014

Opened my new Swiffer Sweep & Trap today, will return it tomorrow. A total piece of junk. You can only go one direction, if you sit it down or carry it to another area the dirt you collect falls out of the container. I know it was only $20.00 but really could you not come up with something better. It would be great if they would concentrate on their battery operated Swiffer. If they could get that one to last longer than a minute or two (or nine or more when I first bought it), it would be a great product. For the time being I sweep my floor and use my battery operated Swiffer to suck up the pile, really would just like to be able to use it and not sweep... I can only hope. Just don't know if I can trust this company anymore.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2014

It broke as well. I have had four of these blasted things and they are great until the handle breaks at the end of the metal tube. The company is fully aware of this problem but, as yet, they have not fixed it. Consumers need to contact the company, clearly state the problem and request a replacement (which they will provide). Perhaps a few thousand consumers might convince them to make a design change. All they have to do is to extend the metal tube through the length of the handle. The economics are difficult to appreciate because fixing the problem devalues all of the stock that stores have. They are in a pickle. However, that should be their problem - not ours.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2014

The new version of the Swiffer vacuum cleaner is a piece of junk. When you charge it, it last for 1 minute, sometimes less. This newer version was made cheaply apparently, so the greedy corporate shareholders will have more profits. Will not be buying again because of the poor redesign. Not reliable and a waste of money.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2014

Swiffer Wet Jet handle has snapped AGAIN. This is the third one that has snapped on me. It is poorly designed. I emailed Proctor and Gamble after the last 2 broke and they sent me a coupon for a free one. I love the product and it makes cleaning easy. However, they need to change the design as it is clearly faulty.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2014

Handle breaks at plastic joining, 4th time.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2014

A lifelong search for the perfect mop ended ten years ago when I discovered the Swiffer Wet Jet. A tremendous, all in one and time saving device. I used it almost daily for over ten years until I received the $5 coupon and purchased a new one. I noticed the color change (was aqua, now purple) but paid it no mind until the handle broke after three or four uses. I wanted to kick myself for throwing out that perfectly good running unit. I have bought three additional units since with each one breaking in the exact same spot within a week.

Curious to see if anyone was as frustrated with the situation, I headed to web. I couldn't believe how long this had gone on or the number of complaints, bad reviews and pictures there were. Clearly their new purple units have a defect in design or in the materials used! Anyone would agree, except Swiffer - of course. They responded,

"I'm very sorry the handle of your Swiffer WetJets have broken. Our goal is to produce high quality products that consistently delight our consumers and we regret this wasn't your experience. I certainly understand your frustration and you can be assured I'm sharing your comments with the rest of our team. Currently, there are no replacement poles available for the Swiffer WetJet and they can't be fixed." And "Since your satisfaction means a great deal to us, I will be sending you a coupon to replace this WetJet...." as if I want another unit that will only last one cleaning.

So I wrote back and expressed my dissatisfaction in their generic response, and if you can believe it, I received the same response with another coupon offer! At this point, I think I'm more upset with their unwillingness to fix the problem than I am over the loss of a good mop.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2014

I am trying to teach my 7 & 8 yr old great granddaughters to do house chores. I bought the Sweep & Trap today & all it did was spread the dirt from one area to another, didn't even pick up tiny scraps of paper or cracker crumbs! I will take it back tomorrow & get my money back and buy a broom & dustpan. The sweeper vac wasn't any better... It runs for 20 minutes and needs a 16 hour recharge!!! That is ineffective and not very tolerable when trying to keep a busy house clean :(

Original review: Dec. 29, 2013

I used the Swiffer Wet Jet 4 times before the handle cracked just below the handle button. I glued the crack, but upon using it the next time, the whole handle broke, exposing the two wires that connect the button to the motor. It is now completely unusable. I am so dissatisfied that I am not sure I will ever use Swiffer products again. I tried to contact the company, but there is no way to do it. All they have is an often asked question section. Again very disappointed...

Original review: Dec. 23, 2013

The Swiffer is a great product in theory but not in practice use, I have broken at least five Swifter handles. Tonight was the last straw. I thought it was just me, but now I see that I am far from the only one. I do like the ease of cleaning the floors in my home, but when I only get a handful of uses before the handle snaps and the Swiffer is rendered useless. I will no longer be supporting your company because of this ongoing problem. I've thrown away a lot of money with your defective product. Please ignore any typos, I am legally blind and I am using an iPad and your site will not expand sizes of type. Your thoughts?

Original review: Dec. 10, 2013

Swiffer wet jet floor cleaner - My handle broke off again, this is third unit. All three break off in the same place. I have read on complaints about the many people that have had this handle break off on them. On December 10-2013 l called Procter & Gamble about the handle breaking off, ask them if they could send me a new and improved handle that would not break. They told me they did not have replacement handles but told me they would send me a mfg coupon for a new unit for a free replacement. If there is any one that would like to call them about their broken handle call 1(800) 214-8734 to get a free replacement unit.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2013

I'm on my fourth Swiffer WetJet, and the handle has broken on every one that I have owned. It would be better if the makers of this would realize it's an issue... fix it and keep their customers happy. The only other complaint I have is that it leaves streaks on my Laminate wood floor. No matter how well I vacuum beforehand, it still leaves a residue behind. :(

Original review: Oct. 6, 2013

My Swiffer Wet Vac broke at the handle as all the other reviewers complain of. I have mop pads and fluid that I have already invested in but am very hesitant to waste my money on another one as it seems guaranteed to break as the 1st one did. Bad Design!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2013

I purchased the Swiffer and all the products about 3 months ago. I have changed the batteries numerous times and it STILL won't work. I'll stick with the Clorox mop that you spray yourself. Not worth the money.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2013

1st time to use, easy set-up. At first, soap flowed freely but shortly after using, the flow stopped. Removed bottle & reset bottle. This produced a bit of soap. Next few tiles appeared to partially wet; however the tiles were not as wet as previous. NOW, NO SOAP AT ALL. Have reset bottle to no avail. Sure am glad I bought this with a coupon. By the time I tinkered with this thing, I could have had the entire house mopped! Fortunately, I learned this is more or less a gimmick & anticipate viewing on TV where if you buy one, you get two! Now back to my old Mop & Bucket to finish up!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2013

My son gave me a Swiffer mop about 10 or more years ago. I never used it. I put it on a shelf and forgot about it. Well, about three years ago, I slipped in water and fell on my kitchen floor, injured my leg. It hurt to walk. I happened to see the Swiffer mop. I took it out and it was strong. I needed a cane, so I put a rubber chair nub on the bottom of it and I used it as a cane. It is wonderful. Now I am getting cancer treatments and get weak. I use the cane all the time. Everywhere I go, everyone loves it. It is pretty, purple, very strong metal. As I am a heavy woman, it holds me up wonderfully. People grab it from me to take and show their friends they are with. I volunteer at the Johnston Senior Center. Everyone comes and takes it to show their friends they love it. I was wondering if maybe you had some of these old mops. They had a purple handle and a piece of purple rubber in the middle and just plain on the bottom where you can put a chair rubber on it. It doesn't slide and is very sturdy.

So as I was saying, I was wondering if you had any of these old mop handles stored away somewhere and were willing to donate them to the Johnston Senior Center, Hartford Ave, Johnston, RI 01919, attention **. I am the assistant director. The people of the center would love to have one. All that come have back and leg problems and have hard times walking, and reg. canes are so fat and heavy. It is such a wonderful thing to have. I love it and if you had many left in storage, maybe you could send some of them to Women & Infants hospital, The Breast Health Center, Dr. ** program for Women's Oncology, Dept of Obgyn, 101 Dudley St. Providence, RI 02902. I know you may not have any but I wanted to take the chance and write. Maybe your company could make some for canes and sell them. It would have to be the same as the one I have. It is very strong, light, pretty. Lol. Thanks again for listening.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2013

I bought a Swiffer WetJet a few weeks ago and the solution would come out only 1 side and not the other. I took it back yesterday and exchanged it for another one and noticed a lady standing behind me returning hers and I asked her if the solution comes out on 1 side and she said nope doesn't come out at all!! So I exchanged mine and got it home and had the exact same issue. I'm not wasting my time or gas exchanging it again! I'm returning it and will not buy another.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2013

This is my 2nd Swiffer and the handle broke in the same place. I am very upset that a product with such obvious design flaws is still on the market. I bought my second one because I thought they probably had improved it by now. Our manufacturing standards have gone to hell, or China I suppose. DO NOT BUY AND REPORT THIS PRODUCT PLEASE!

Original review: July 25, 2013

I had my Swifter WetJet for a little over a year and now it is not working. I have put new batteries in it and wiped it down and it still doesn't work. It served its purpose for a very short time but should have lasted longer.

Original review: July 24, 2013

I have broken at least 7 or 8 of these Swiffer Wet Jets in as little as one year. It’s not right and they are very expensive. I have your answer to getting a coupon for a free Swiffer. You have to save your broken product. It has identification number on it that the representative will ask for. The phone number is 1800-395-5594. They will tell you to fill something out online. Tell them NO!! You know they do it over the phone! I hope this helps some people out. 25 dollars is a lot of money to waste! Good Luck!

Original review: July 19, 2013

I just bought three Swiffers, one a sweeper and two wet dry and was going to use one for a gift. After reading the reviews of how bad they are, I am returning all and staying with what I have. I have an O-Cedar Wet dry mop I bought on a one sold special for $9.95 some time ago. The solution bottle is too hard for me to open because of arthritis but I just spray solution I make for cleaning and polishing. I also make my own cleaning cloths from old towels. Been thinking about buying microfiber material and make. I change often and when I get enough, I just throw in washer with some bleach and soap. Works great and really economical. Oh yes, the handle is very sturdy. Hope this helps.

Original review: June 18, 2013

I have used these refills in the past with no problem. But recently, I had a small box that was so wet that they left streaks if they were not dried. Then I bought a large box (to save money - these things are not cheap!) and it was completely dried out. The only way I can use them is to put them on the mop, run them quickly under hot water, and then use 2 or 3. What a disappointment.

Original review: June 14, 2013

I love my Swiffer, but the handle keeps breaking. That sucks.

Original review: May 20, 2013

What in the world is going on with Swiffer? It's review after review of the handle breaking. I have had three and all three handles have broken. Someone needs to look into this company.

Original review: May 12, 2013

I think the Swiffer 360 is probably the worst product P&G ever made. It is a piece of crap and a waste of my money. It is flimsy and will scratch surfaces. I like all the other Swiffer products I have and used.

Original review: May 4, 2013

I used the Swiffer WetJet only two times and the handle broke. I tried to reattach it and it won't stay on. Disappointed in this product. Don't purchase this product until P&G reworks the handle and makes it stronger.

Swiffer Company Information