Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.95/5

Looking for cleaning services?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Looking for cleaning services?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Swiffer Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Swiffer?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Swiffer?

Original review: July 4, 2017

I have been buying Swiffer WetJet for a while now but in the past couple years, I have had to purchase it many times due to the fact that handle breaks in the same spot every time. I feel the cleaning solution that I read very carefully on what you can use it on leaves a film on your floor and still looks dirty, only to mop it afterwards. I have told the company about the problem & it seem nothing was done! DO NOT BE A FOOL LIKE ME & DO NOT BUY THE Swiffer WetJet. It's a sham. The concept is a great idea. Unfortunately the company does not care.

Original review: April 20, 2017

Earlier in April, I sent a concern to Swiffer stating how to fix the problem of the pad breaking off from the Swiffer handle. The site stated a response within 24 to 48 hours, which I have not received. If Swiffer wants to retain consumer loyalty, concerns should be addressed.

Original review: April 1, 2017

I have tried to call Swiffer wet and dry Friday morning. I got a a lot of mumbling that did not help at all. The matching said my problem and said ''sorry we are closed. Please call again tomorrow.'' I don't think they are open on Saturday. I mopped my floor with this thing and had a bigger mess than when I started. I had to re-mop my floor to get the fluid that Swiffer wet jet left on my floor. I don't have the box or receipt so I just threw 30.00 down the toilet. I do not recommend this item. I went to Dollar General and got a Love 2 Clean spray mop for half of the price, and it works great. NO BATTERIES REQUIRED. I love it. Give it a try but keep your receipt just in case.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

Hello, after giving a lot of thoughts I decided to buy Swiffer sweeper wet and dry kit. It has 8 hole/ mouths to hold the sheet on top but then the adjustable wet sheet that came with that was too small and could only be fit into 4 holes/mouths. I ended up using both of my wet sheets so it could fit into the base. I wasn't even satisfied with the cleaning. I tried to look up online but everyone has swiffer sweeper with 4 holes/mouths. I need replacement of this swiffer sweeper. Thank you

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

I am a senior citizen who just finished remodeling a home for our retirement. Swiffer has literally RUINED my brand new kitchen floor (Pergo). Your TV ads were what prompted me to buy your Swiffer. I followed the instruction booklet, but you left out one important fact: if you don't turn it upside down the liquid will empty out onto the floor. In my case, I answered the phone and when I returned, the cleaner bottle was emptied onto the floor. Yes, I mopped up the mess, but after it dried, the new floor buckled in the area that was soaked. Visitors were horrified. Needless to say, my husband and I were angry with your product. We don't want any reimbursement, but we feel that you should be informed. By the way, we are cognizant senior citizens.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2016

The Swiffer for floors seems like a good product BUT... if you have light colored grout forget it. I think that when you use a regular mop and bucket you're constantly cleaning the mop. With a Swiffer you spray and mop, spray and mop, etc. The dirt is constantly pushed around and settles in the low spots of the grout. I had my floors and grout professionally cleaned and was warned against using a Swiffer. I went back to a regular mop and my floors are spotless. No more Swiffer for me.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

I was very satisfied with the first Wet Jet that lasted about 12-15 months. It quit pumping so I bought a new one figuring $25 wasn't bad for over a year's use. The next one lasted 3 months and quit. I bought another and it lasted a couple of months. I wrote the company. They sent me a coupon for a new one. It lasted for 2 uses and quit pumping. I'd forget the whole thing but I really liked the product and I probably have $100 worth of product to use with it that I'd have to throw away. I've experienced broken handles like others have complained about. I'm pretty strong and pushed pretty hard so I can't see how the handles broke.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

This product is a fail for me personally. If I lived in a little apartment by myself it would be great but I don't. I have kids and animals everywhere and the floors in this old house are uneven and require a actual mop. I am so irritated at the lack of cleaning this product provides even on my new level vinyl floor, it leaves a dirty film. I have to mop up anyways. Should just use the mop to begin with? Then, this product should only be classified for a quick touch up to a brand new floor. You really don't need to keep clean. This system doesn't work. Stop making products that don't work, or make your pads thicker like a bath towel. I'll be hand mopping and getting a clean I can live with and your product is going to the road.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2016

Over the past few years, I have purchased a number of Swiffer-WetJets and each and every one of them has broken within a 6 month period. They cost 30.00... where I live, so not cheap however they are cheaply made. There is no doubt they are handy and easy to use, and I loved them for quick mop ups but I will not be buying any more. I have complained in the past and was told they would look into the problem with the handle snapping off and the fact they just quit spraying... or drip consistently all over everything.

Today I broke my last one and will be dropping it off at the place I purchased it along with the other 6 broken ones. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT AT ALL. Even with all the complaints Procter and Gamble have received they have not fixed these problems, the design or given me anything other than a coupon to get another one which didn't even cover the cost. I am done.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2016

This product works great for the first year - year and a half. Be prepared to buy a new one after that because they just die and then need to be replaced. I have gone through 2 and have written to Procter & Gamble and they don't respond. Terrible service and terrible product over time.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2016

I read most reviews. I also have a problem with the handle. I have bought 3 in the last 6 months and the handles break. Replace the handles with something other than plastic. You got to make the handle more sturdy.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

Love Swiffer WetJet when it worked. Have owned two in the last four years. First one - the handle broke. I secured it back to shape with wood and lots of duct tape. Then it quit spraying. I checked the batteries and they were fine. Ran hot water and vinegar over the nozzles and never worked again. Got another one. Worked great for about six months. Nozzles quit spraying again. I tried to fix but to no avail. I think the idea of the Swiffer WetJet is terrific but way, way cheaply made. I tried numerous times to contact the company, but "ain't nobody home". I would urge people to keep their receipt and take the Swiffer WetJet to the store of record for a refund when it breaks... because it will break OR never buy one.

Original review: July 23, 2016

Worst tool I have ever used. Hate it. Needs to be redesigned, does not pick up in any fashion. Wasted money & time. Not impressed at all.

Original review: June 26, 2016

I have found my grout going black and dirty looking with the Swiffer. Is there anything to get the dirt out of the grout and why is this happening? I think a mop would probably get into the grout grooves and the Swiffer does not - any ideas or thoughts?

Original review: June 19, 2016

The latest Swiffer has once again stopped spraying and P&G seemingly makes it impossible to contact them to make use of their so called warranty coverage.

Original review: April 8, 2016

This product is not good. The vacuum part is useless and does not pick up anything except fine dust.

Original review: March 17, 2016

The Swiffer Wet Jet is a product I've tried and have had nothing but a poor result. The product does not clean, but rather pushes the dirt around and the solution leaves a sticky residue that I have to rinse off. I have thrown this item away and will return to a mop and solution to clean my oak floors. I wouldn't recommend this product to anybody.

Original review: March 12, 2016

This is the second one I have had in a 18 months and the handle broke in the same spot. Where the metal stops and the curve starts on plastic handle. How hard would it be to curve the metal too and add reinforcement?

Original review: Feb. 29, 2016

Bought 3 of these mops. Within 6 months all have broken where the metal pieces connect. Also it's unavoidable because you really have to use a lot of force to even get the things to clean. A more abrasive assortment of refill wipes would be very useful in this case.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2016

My Swiffer wet jet is a ok, but I found that the floor is so sticky after that it takes me hrs to get the sticky soap off the floor. Not impressed.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2016

Handle snaps at point of switch. It doesn't work. I used ONCE, and it snapped. My old one was much better.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2016

First of all, let me say that I enjoy my "swifter mop" and use it very often cleaning all my wood floors with your products; however, I am on my third mop over the last two years, and I am hesitant to purchase another one for $20. All the mops have broken in the same spot - at the curved handle just below the button where you spray the cleaner. In reading some of the reviews, I noticed that consumers have complained of the same problem. I wonder if you have done anything to correct this problem and make the mop more enjoy to use.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2016

I got my first Swiffer vac when we bought our first home. It had hardwood floors and we were very satisfied with the vac. However, within a few months, the battery was dead (it didn't even last 5 mins of vacuuming). We bought another one thinking the previous one might have been a faulty product. The next one lasted almost a year but again the same situation. We stopped using it for a the next couple of years. But going against my better judgement and mostly due to the fact that there is no other equivalent product.

I bought another Swiffer vac from the ShopRite grocery store on route 46. And guess what? The battery started acting up again in a couple of months. I had to recharge fully after 5 or so minutes of vacuuming. I had already recycled the packaging and thrown away the bill. So there was nothing I could do about it. I hope the stores would stop selling this faulty product. It is a total waste of consumers' money and a breach of their trust. I am stuck with a jumbo Costco pack of dry sweeper paper refill. But I have decided that this time I am not letting P&G swindle me again!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2016

Love the Swiffer Wet Jet... the old versions! I bought a new one thinking it would be more heavy duty. Put a little pressure on the curved handle where you would expect it to be for tougher spots or stains... Snapped, right at the curve. I actually thought maybe I was a little strong while pushing to clean. I used duct tape to try to fix it. I used the fixed unit because I didn't want to spend more money. I love the Swiffer product so far. It's easier and cheaper and cleans. Then I got another one... to my surprise... snap... in the same location on the handle as the other one! Guess what? It's time to just buy the 2$ bucket and the $7.99 mop. The result is the same :). But the cost for convenience is way more than working a little harder. I WILL NOT buy another Swiffer product again. UNLESS you actually make it more cost effective AND convenient!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2015

I am on my second Wetjet. The first broke at the handle. I bought another one and the part where the cleaning pad goes broke off. Store won't replace it. Bad product.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2015

I have just bought my 3rd Swiffer mop for $24. The other two broke in the same place. Somehow it has to be reinforced. The plastic handle breaks off right where the curve is right next to the spray button. So it's useless. I keep buying your product because I like mopping with it; it's fast and quick drying. The cleaning fluid and mop pads are expensive to buy, but I would say it's worth it especially if I have coupons.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2015

My Swiffer mop hadn't been used for a few months. I tried the power switch. Nothing happened. I changed the batteries and noticed the bottle of fluid was empty. New batteries did nothing to make it operate. Took off motor cover and found the motor looks rusty as if the fluid leaked on the motor and won't operate. I only used the mop 1 or 2 times. Now it's junk! Not impressed with product at all...

Original review: Nov. 27, 2015

I used to love my wet jet! I had one for over 5 years and it finally broke. :( Well their new ones are garbage!!! I went through 3 new ones in the last six months! No more will I buy a replacement. I'm pissed. Don't buy the new ones, they are JUNK!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2015

I have owned a Swiffer steam mop since Christmas of 2014. All in all was very satisfied with this device. However, this past weekend (11/5/2015) when I was using it there was a huge spark from the wire that bends inside the mop and a small explosion. Needless to say it scared the hell out of me. When I went to unplug it the outlet was all black and shorted out. So now not only does the mop no longer work but the outlet needs to be replaced. Not Happy!!!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2015

When using the Swiffer to clean the floor it becomes a back breaking job for someone like me who is 6'1" tall. I wished I was able to telescope the pole to a much comfortable length. Your next ad should include this option. If a man needs to help around the house or just clean up now and then, the option to extend the length of the Swiffer mop to a more comfortable position would be a big plus...

Swiffer Company Information