1.41/5
  • 1 star
Based on 177 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 7, 2017

191 Swiffer Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 24, 2015

I am on my second Wetjet. The first broke at the handle. I bought another one and the part where the cleaning pad goes broke off. Store won't replace it. Bad product.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2015

I have just bought my 3rd Swiffer mop for $24. The other two broke in the same place. Somehow it has to be reinforced. The plastic handle breaks off right where the curve is right next to the spray button. So it's useless. I keep buying your product because I like mopping with it; it's fast and quick drying. The cleaning fluid and mop pads are expensive to buy, but I would say it's worth it especially if I have coupons.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2015

My Swiffer mop hadn't been used for a few months. I tried the power switch. Nothing happened. I changed the batteries and noticed the bottle of fluid was empty. New batteries did nothing to make it operate. Took off motor cover and found the motor looks rusty as if the fluid leaked on the motor and won't operate. I only used the mop 1 or 2 times. Now it's junk! Not impressed with product at all...

Original review: Nov. 27, 2015

I used to love my wet jet! I had one for over 5 years and it finally broke. :( Well their new ones are garbage!!! I went through 3 new ones in the last six months! No more will I buy a replacement. I'm pissed. Don't buy the new ones, they are JUNK!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2015

I have owned a Swiffer steam mop since Christmas of 2014. All in all was very satisfied with this device. However, this past weekend (11/5/2015) when I was using it there was a huge spark from the wire that bends inside the mop and a small explosion. Needless to say it scared the hell out of me. When I went to unplug it the outlet was all black and shorted out. So now not only does the mop no longer work but the outlet needs to be replaced. Not Happy!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Swiffer?

Original review: Nov. 7, 2015

When using the Swiffer to clean the floor it becomes a back breaking job for someone like me who is 6'1" tall. I wished I was able to telescope the pole to a much comfortable length. Your next ad should include this option. If a man needs to help around the house or just clean up now and then, the option to extend the length of the Swiffer mop to a more comfortable position would be a big plus...

Original review: Oct. 26, 2015

Refill wipes way too expensive for the small amount that you get in the box. Cleaner bottle does not last long at all. Can't refill with my own cleaner. This makes this product WAY TOO EXPENSIVE keep up with. Swiffer is making millions while consumer is going broke.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2015

After only a few months, the spray jets clogged. My friend hates her Swiffer and she gave it to me because a jet clogged. I used it twice and the second jet clogged. It seems that all the complaints involve clogged jets and broken handles.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2015

I bought a Swiffer Sweeper Vac when they first came out. It was fantastic and we used it for years. We only live here 6 months a year and we have no kids or pets, which surely prolonged its life. We use it after every meal to pickup crumbs, and in two bathrooms to pick up hair... nothing big; that's it. The floors are tile and the areas are average in size.

Last fall I had to replace the original b/c it would no longer hold a charge. I was so pleased with the original product, I did not hesitate to buy another, even though it cost considerably more now. The second one lasted about 6 months, and we were not here all the time. I was annoyed but did not have the receipt, but I figured it was a fluke and went out and bought another. Price had increased again or I bought it in the wrong store.

This (third) one is dead in less than 6 months, too. WHAT HAPPENED? This is really disappointing b/c it's a great idea but a waste of money. If I could find the receipt, I'd send a copy but I trusted you, P&G, so I am hoping you trust me to be reporting the truth. Read all these complaints. Everyone seems to be saying the products are not what they used to be. NOT okay!!! It will be interesting to see if they acknowledge this deterioration in quality.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2015

I've own my Swiffer wet jet for 6 months now. I don't use if often because I do like to use a real mop. I do however use it at least once a week. It quit working and I figured it was the batteries. It took me a while to remember where that compartment was but finally got it. Changed the batteries and it still did not work. Took the 3 screws out of it and it is rusted around the motor or some coil thing in there. So now I own a piece of junk that will have to go to the land fill. I won't buy another one. Sorry.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2015

I've gone through three Swiffer wet jets. Will never get another one again! The sprayers constantly clog up & make a big mess of a puddle on the floor. Not good on hardwood floors. Highly do not recommend this product!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2015

Called in to register WetJet like website stated to get warranty, was told by rep that was not need. After persistent got ref No. Not sure if there is any warranty on this product.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2015

I bought my first Swiffer & it worked like a charm! I was so. Then the dreaded day that the handle broke.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2015

I have been using my Swiffer wet jet for a number of years. The strips on the bottom that hold the mopping pad will not hold the pads anymore. I bought a new one today 8/3/2015 and will hopefully be using this one a long time too. Although after reading the reviews about breaking handles I am a bit leery so I am taking a wait and see attitude. After reading all about breaking handles I saved the old one and am hoping I can find the replacement strips to replace these so I have a backup.

The trouble with all these websites is there are so many places to wade through to try and find the item you are looking for. It is a terribly long process that could be simplified. I just don't have the time or patience to spend the time searching through all this mess. I want to be able to list what I am looking for and go directly to the actual sites that carry it. I like all of the Swiffer products I have used so far although I must say the wet jet does not pick up and contain dog hair like it claims. It just deposits a line of it on the floor. I do try to pick it up with my Swiffer sweeper which I love, before I mop. And I like the Swiffer dusters although they must be changed often during the cleaning process or they just redeposit the dust to a different piece of furniture.

Original review: July 31, 2015

Don't like how I have to keep remopping my floor cause it gets sticky.

Original review: July 25, 2015

I have new batteries. Cleaned sprayer ports with vinegar, toothbrush & toothpick. NO sound of a motor even attempting to run! I am handicapped, 80 yrs old & I need to have something that will work. Please advise me on what to do.

Original review: July 12, 2015
Doing my daily Swiffer mopping when I started mopping the handle broke off, I fell forward, almost falling! I was absolutely floored that the handle broke off.

I am 66, not far from 67. If I had fallen I very well could have broken something! What if I'd been an older Swiffer customer??? Why don't you reinforce the handles from the inside? Very angry!

Original review: July 3, 2015

The first Swiffer I bought, the handle broke so I bought another one. Same thing happened, the handle broke and it would not spray. P&G, you need to get your stuff together, your product is garbage.

Original review: July 1, 2015

I bought 4 Swiffer WetJet. I do love using it for my home but every single one cracks at the handle. Maybe stop curving the handle. Truly hope you can correct cause I can't afford to keep buying this product. Would love to see a better version made.

Original review: June 26, 2015

The same problem as everyone else has with the Swiffer WetJet mop. The handle breaks off without putting any pressure on it. My daughter had the same problem with her WetJet Mop. Like dummies, we bought another one and assembled it only to find that the floor cleaning solution wouldn't come out. After several attempts to get the fluid to dispense, we gave up and are returning it to Target where we purchased it. Someone should file a lawsuit against the company that makes this thing and force them to replace the broken handles or give them a new one. The other thing I'm mad about is there is no address or phone number to contact this company to voice your complaints. I can't find out who makes it.

Original review: June 24, 2015

In the past year we have bought two wet swiffers and they both went bad and would not run even with new batteries... I will never buy another one if you can't scrub your bathroom over 45 times before it quits. Why don't you go back to the pull trigger to wet the floor....

Original review: June 7, 2015

This mop makes an easy job of mopping and cleaner has a nice fragrance. However, this is the second mop I have purchased and the handle breaks into while mopping. I do not feel that I was putting any heavy pressure on the mop to cause this. Buyers beware.

Original review: May 31, 2015

I've had several Swiffer wet jets but I won't be buying anymore. The last 2 I had quit spraying after about a month. I've replaced batteries & tried everything but nothing worked. I'm going to try to find a more reliable brand the next time I buy a mop.

Original review: May 4, 2015

I just purchased my second Swiffer Wetjet. The handle breaks with a small amount of pressure. Love the idea, but the company is a rip off. Once this one breaks, I will not purchase again.

Original review: April 25, 2015

I just bought a brand new Swiffer wet jet. Doesn't spray. Waste of time and money. Thanks a lot!

Original review: April 21, 2015

My first Swiffer WetJet was awesome, I also have the Swifter 360 Duster, and I've owned several Swifter vacuums. As stated my first wet jet was awesome, the ones purchased after not so much. Each of my Swiffer WetJets have had an issue at the swivel head, the minute it slightly turns it pops out. Surely there is a way to fix this and I know so many people with this same issue. This problem has deteriorated the value of this product. The picture below shows my 2 current Swiffer WetJets and Swiffer vacuum.

Original review: March 30, 2015

I've bought 3 Swiffers and 3 Swiffers have had handle breakage at the same breakage point. At first I thought it was just me, so I bought another one. The second time around I was really careful not to do what I thought I did to the first one, but it happened again! Being warned I bought a Third one and it broke again!!!!! THIS IS NOT FAIR!!!! I thought Swiffer was a Quality Product, I guess I was completely Wrong. Sometimes when you give companies the benefit of the doubt you get burned, this is one of those times.

Original review: March 30, 2015

This product is horrible not picking up dog hair as shown on tv!

Original review: March 21, 2015

I got a Swiffer WetJet, put it together and it does not work. It will not hold the pads on it and it doesn't spray very well. Brand new batteries and it may work every now and then. I see no way to get a hold of Swiffer to complain.

Original review: March 19, 2015

Swiffer WetJet - First handle lasted about a year. Second handle lasted about 2 years (used once a week) before breaking and motor in unit gave out.

Swiffer Company Information