Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.99/5

Banner image

Looking for cleaning services?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Banner image

Looking for cleaning services?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Swiffer Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Swiffer?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Swiffer?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

SWIFFER wet jet for wood floors ruined my wood floors. I used it one day and missed wiping an area off. The next day the solution had eaten thru my finish! I sent pictures and the unit/solution to P&G and they denied my claim AFTER 6 months! However in testing they did not let product sit on surface. I think a product like this should pass the oops test! I missed an area (my bad) and came back later and it took finish off! I have pictures to prove it!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

The Swiffer duster is a good idea in theory if I could get the replacement dust pads onto the holder. It is pretty much impossible so I just use them as a dust rag since it is virtually impossible to get them onto the holder. If I do manage to eventually get the pad onto the holder they do a moderately good job.

Get buying tips about Household Cleaning Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2021

I bought the Swiffer Wet-Jet thinking it would actually clean my floors. After you purchase the original item, it becomes an expensive product with the cost of the replacement pads and cleaning solution. Used it for about a year not thinking about whether it actually cleaned as advertised. I always vacuum or sweep before using it. Decided to do my own test. Cleaned my kitchen floor. Looked at the pad and yes there was dirt on it. Put a new pad on and did the same floor again. This time the pad appeared to be even more dirty than the first. So put a third pad on and redid the floor again and the pad still came up somewhat dirty.

This system is not worth the cost and does not clean as advertised. I only have 2 pads left. When they are gone so is this system. I am a single person with no children and have 1 dog. And I clean the house every week. So it's not as if there is too much dirt for it to handle. Not worth the cost and can not in all honesty recommend this product. Should have given it no stars.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

I used to have a Swiffer sweeper vac years ago when I was in college. It was fantastic and it lasted a long time, well past graduation. It had a powerful motor and suction. I was sad when the battery died and I could no longer use it. I finally bought a new one this year. Terribly disappointed. The suction is a 1/4 of what it used to be and the battery doesn’t last even half as long. I don’t have a big place, and the swiffer can’t even last vacuuming hardly ten minutes before it dies. This was my first time using it so it’s brand new. I’m terribly disappointed. I allowed it to charge the proper amount of time as stated in the directions before using too. This is just terrible. The swiffer cloth picks up as much or more than the actual vacuum. What a waste of money.

If I could, I would return because it doesn’t vacuum and the battery lasts ten minutes. Even saw online where it’s only meant to last about that long. What’s worse is that it take about a day for it to fully recharge and I’m not sure that it ever really charges. I’ve now tried using it twice and it sounds like it’s on its way out. What a waste of money. Right now I can buy a decent Bissel vacuum at Walmart for the same price. My cousin has it and it’s amazing. Would highly recommend a Bissel hard floor vacuum for an equivalent price over this sorry disappointment.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

I bought a Swiffer Wetjet mop for my wife for Christmas. After Christmas, I assembled the unit. When I went to insert the solution container, it would not snap-in. Upon further investigation, the mop appears to be missing a spring on the pushbutton release latch. It would go in but would not spring back.

I tried to contact Procter and Gamble customer support without success. They are impossible to reach by phone. I wasn't going to wait 1/2 hour to talk to someone. I think P&G needs to improve their quality control and also improve their customer support.

Disappointed, Jerry

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

The Swiffer XL Dry Sweeping Cloths measure 16.9 X 9.8 inches but the Swiffer XL Heavy Duty Dry Sweeping Cloths measure 16.9 X 7.8 which barely fit the Sweeper. Why is the Heavy Duty cloths so short? Is there any plans on correcting the size? They constantly come loose from the Sweeper because they are not wide enough to tuck into the clips. Otherwise I like the product just not the size design.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

I bought the Swiffer Wet/Dry Mop for our 28' RV, so not a large amount of floor space. I spent the extra money for the name-brand, expecting it to do a better job than an off-brand. Sadly, I'm disappointed. The Heavy Duty Dry Pad did a pretty good job picking up dust, hair and other tiny particles that my broom left behind when I used it immediately after sweeping. The Heavy Duty Wet Pad left much to be desired. I had to go over the floor again with a "real" mop afterwards to remove some tougher marks. And the pad kept popping out of the holder, causing me to stop after every 6 or 7 swipes to put it back into place. This made the pad start to tear after a few times of popping out, eventually leaving nothing to put back into the holder. I would not recommend this for someone who has real floor cleaning to do; stick with a real mop unless you're just looking for a quick wipe-down.

Original review: May 17, 2020

I bought the Swiffer Continuous Cleaning System a while back and now there is nowhere, I mean absolutely nowhere to purchase the filter refills!!!! So needless to say I am sad to not be able to ever get the filter refills again!!!! Even when I wrote the Swiffer company I never got a response and that made me even upset and disappointed why a company put out a product and then could not supply additional products for that original product.

Original review: May 10, 2020

I've owned several Swiffer Wet-Jets over many past years. I recently purchased a new Wet-Jet from Loblaws in Richmond Hill, ON. I got it home, unpacked and set it up. It ceased to spray within 60 days. I purchased a new (2nd) one when I took it back to return it to Loblaws. I was told they don't accept returns of the Swiffer product and to call the phone number on the box. I submitted details via post-mail to the address stated in the automated recording when you call the phone number for customer service. We're going on 4 or 5 months now, no reimbursement or response of any kind. The 2nd Swiffer I bought to replace the unit that stopped spraying, also stopped working within 1 month. My issue is with the lack of communication and ability to speak with them about the replacement unit I bought to replace the first one I had previously purchased less than 1 month earlier.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

Only used few times. Handle broke. Needs a redesign tweak where plastic meets aluminum. Gonna give one more a try. If it breaks I am done with this product. The wet jet seems to work great. Such a shame the handle like that.

Swiffer Company Information