Swiffer

Compare Appliances

Research top Appliances recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I purchased the Swiffer 1x larger starter kit and to my surprise they do not make the 1x larger mopping pads so I have to use 2 of the regular size mopping pads costing me more money, but they do make the 1x larger sweeping pads. How stupid is that? This needs to be corrected ASAP, I have read other reviews with the same COMPLAINT. PLEASE HELP!

I have owned about 6 WetJets. All of them broke at the handle. I have been babying the one I have now. I have used all the different cleaners they sell and they do pick up some of the dirt, but don't touch the majority. I can mop my kitchen floor with the WetJet, let it dry, and on hands and knees with a paper towel and Windex or 409 the amount of dirt that comes off the floor is unbelievable. The WetJet pad is barely dirty. I am finished with WetJet. I tossed the mop in the trash today and will not spend another dime on anything this company sells.

I spent my whole day preparing my home for wood floor cleaning. When this task was done, my Swiffer would not work. Thinking the batteries must be dead, and having none on hand... I drove to the store in the 99 degree temps. Just for batteries. Got home, installed them and guess what? Still didn't work. Not happy. I had even bought 2 bottles of the solution a few days ago in preparation. I have only used it a handful of times.

Why would Swiffer sell a mop that is 16" wide and sell only 16" long dry dusters with it and only 11.5" long wet cloths! It amazes me that a company that could sell an otherwise dependable system would do such a crazy thing. I mopped the floor using 2 wet 11.5" cloths and they were inadequate as the width was for the previous model and not this longer and wider model. Apparently, Swiffer does not read the reviews that folks write or they would address the myriad of concerns. I bought mine from Home Depot. Perhaps they would have more impact than just lone buyers whose complaints go only in the trash.

I have been buying Swiffer WetJet for a while now but in the past couple years, I have had to purchase it many times due to the fact that handle breaks in the same spot every time. I feel the cleaning solution that I read very carefully on what you can use it on leaves a film on your floor and still looks dirty, only to mop it afterwards. I have told the company about the problem & it seem nothing was done! DO NOT BE A FOOL LIKE ME & DO NOT BUY THE Swiffer WetJet. It's a sham. The concept is a great idea. Unfortunately the company does not care.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Swiffer?

Earlier in April, I sent a concern to Swiffer stating how to fix the problem of the pad breaking off from the Swiffer handle. The site stated a response within 24 to 48 hours, which I have not received. If Swiffer wants to retain consumer loyalty, concerns should be addressed.

I have tried to call Swiffer wet and dry Friday morning. I got a a lot of mumbling that did not help at all. The matching said my problem and said ''sorry we are closed. Please call again tomorrow.'' I don't think they are open on Saturday. I mopped my floor with this thing and had a bigger mess than when I started. I had to re-mop my floor to get the fluid that Swiffer wet jet left on my floor. I don't have the box or receipt so I just threw 30.00 down the toilet. I do not recommend this item. I went to Dollar General and got a Love 2 Clean spray mop for half of the price, and it works great. NO BATTERIES REQUIRED. I love it. Give it a try but keep your receipt just in case.

Hello, after giving a lot of thoughts I decided to buy Swiffer sweeper wet and dry kit. It has 8 hole/ mouths to hold the sheet on top but then the adjustable wet sheet that came with that was too small and could only be fit into 4 holes/mouths. I ended up using both of my wet sheets so it could fit into the base. I wasn't even satisfied with the cleaning. I tried to look up online but everyone has swiffer sweeper with 4 holes/mouths. I need replacement of this swiffer sweeper. Thank you

I am a senior citizen who just finished remodeling a home for our retirement. Swiffer has literally RUINED my brand new kitchen floor (Pergo). Your TV ads were what prompted me to buy your Swiffer. I followed the instruction booklet, but you left out one important fact: if you don't turn it upside down the liquid will empty out onto the floor. In my case, I answered the phone and when I returned, the cleaner bottle was emptied onto the floor. Yes, I mopped up the mess, but after it dried, the new floor buckled in the area that was soaked. Visitors were horrified. Needless to say, my husband and I were angry with your product. We don't want any reimbursement, but we feel that you should be informed. By the way, we are cognizant senior citizens.

The Swiffer for floors seems like a good product BUT... if you have light colored grout forget it. I think that when you use a regular mop and bucket you're constantly cleaning the mop. With a Swiffer you spray and mop, spray and mop, etc. The dirt is constantly pushed around and settles in the low spots of the grout. I had my floors and grout professionally cleaned and was warned against using a Swiffer. I went back to a regular mop and my floors are spotless. No more Swiffer for me.

I was very satisfied with the first Wet Jet that lasted about 12-15 months. It quit pumping so I bought a new one figuring $25 wasn't bad for over a year's use. The next one lasted 3 months and quit. I bought another and it lasted a couple of months. I wrote the company. They sent me a coupon for a new one. It lasted for 2 uses and quit pumping. I'd forget the whole thing but I really liked the product and I probably have $100 worth of product to use with it that I'd have to throw away. I've experienced broken handles like others have complained about. I'm pretty strong and pushed pretty hard so I can't see how the handles broke.

This product is a fail for me personally. If I lived in a little apartment by myself it would be great but I don't. I have kids and animals everywhere and the floors in this old house are uneven and require a actual mop. I am so irritated at the lack of cleaning this product provides even on my new level vinyl floor, it leaves a dirty film. I have to mop up anyways. Should just use the mop to begin with? Then, this product should only be classified for a quick touch up to a brand new floor. You really don't need to keep clean. This system doesn't work. Stop making products that don't work, or make your pads thicker like a bath towel. I'll be hand mopping and getting a clean I can live with and your product is going to the road.

Over the past few years, I have purchased a number of Swiffer-WetJets and each and every one of them has broken within a 6 month period. They cost 30.00... where I live, so not cheap however they are cheaply made. There is no doubt they are handy and easy to use, and I loved them for quick mop ups but I will not be buying any more. I have complained in the past and was told they would look into the problem with the handle snapping off and the fact they just quit spraying... or drip consistently all over everything.

Today I broke my last one and will be dropping it off at the place I purchased it along with the other 6 broken ones. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT AT ALL. Even with all the complaints Procter and Gamble have received they have not fixed these problems, the design or given me anything other than a coupon to get another one which didn't even cover the cost. I am done.

This product works great for the first year - year and a half. Be prepared to buy a new one after that because they just die and then need to be replaced. I have gone through 2 and have written to Procter & Gamble and they don't respond. Terrible service and terrible product over time.

I read most reviews. I also have a problem with the handle. I have bought 3 in the last 6 months and the handles break. Replace the handles with something other than plastic. You got to make the handle more sturdy.

Love Swiffer WetJet when it worked. Have owned two in the last four years. First one - the handle broke. I secured it back to shape with wood and lots of duct tape. Then it quit spraying. I checked the batteries and they were fine. Ran hot water and vinegar over the nozzles and never worked again. Got another one. Worked great for about six months. Nozzles quit spraying again. I tried to fix but to no avail. I think the idea of the Swiffer WetJet is terrific but way, way cheaply made. I tried numerous times to contact the company, but "ain't nobody home". I would urge people to keep their receipt and take the Swiffer WetJet to the store of record for a refund when it breaks... because it will break OR never buy one.

Worst tool I have ever used. Hate it. Needs to be redesigned, does not pick up in any fashion. Wasted money & time. Not impressed at all.

I have found my grout going black and dirty looking with the Swiffer. Is there anything to get the dirt out of the grout and why is this happening? I think a mop would probably get into the grout grooves and the Swiffer does not - any ideas or thoughts?

The latest Swiffer has once again stopped spraying and P&G seemingly makes it impossible to contact them to make use of their so called warranty coverage.

This product is not good. The vacuum part is useless and does not pick up anything except fine dust.

The Swiffer Wet Jet is a product I've tried and have had nothing but a poor result. The product does not clean, but rather pushes the dirt around and the solution leaves a sticky residue that I have to rinse off. I have thrown this item away and will return to a mop and solution to clean my oak floors. I wouldn't recommend this product to anybody.

This is the second one I have had in a 18 months and the handle broke in the same spot. Where the metal stops and the curve starts on plastic handle. How hard would it be to curve the metal too and add reinforcement?

Bought 3 of these mops. Within 6 months all have broken where the metal pieces connect. Also it's unavoidable because you really have to use a lot of force to even get the things to clean. A more abrasive assortment of refill wipes would be very useful in this case.

My Swiffer wet jet is a ok, but I found that the floor is so sticky after that it takes me hrs to get the sticky soap off the floor. Not impressed.

Handle snaps at point of switch. It doesn't work. I used ONCE, and it snapped. My old one was much better.

First of all, let me say that I enjoy my "swifter mop" and use it very often cleaning all my wood floors with your products; however, I am on my third mop over the last two years, and I am hesitant to purchase another one for $20. All the mops have broken in the same spot - at the curved handle just below the button where you spray the cleaner. In reading some of the reviews, I noticed that consumers have complained of the same problem. I wonder if you have done anything to correct this problem and make the mop more enjoy to use.

I got my first Swiffer vac when we bought our first home. It had hardwood floors and we were very satisfied with the vac. However, within a few months, the battery was dead (it didn't even last 5 mins of vacuuming). We bought another one thinking the previous one might have been a faulty product. The next one lasted almost a year but again the same situation. We stopped using it for a the next couple of years. But going against my better judgement and mostly due to the fact that there is no other equivalent product.

I bought another Swiffer vac from the ShopRite grocery store on route 46. And guess what? The battery started acting up again in a couple of months. I had to recharge fully after 5 or so minutes of vacuuming. I had already recycled the packaging and thrown away the bill. So there was nothing I could do about it. I hope the stores would stop selling this faulty product. It is a total waste of consumers' money and a breach of their trust. I am stuck with a jumbo Costco pack of dry sweeper paper refill. But I have decided that this time I am not letting P&G swindle me again!

Love the Swiffer Wet Jet... the old versions! I bought a new one thinking it would be more heavy duty. Put a little pressure on the curved handle where you would expect it to be for tougher spots or stains... Snapped, right at the curve. I actually thought maybe I was a little strong while pushing to clean. I used duct tape to try to fix it. I used the fixed unit because I didn't want to spend more money. I love the Swiffer product so far. It's easier and cheaper and cleans. Then I got another one... to my surprise... snap... in the same location on the handle as the other one! Guess what? It's time to just buy the 2$ bucket and the $7.99 mop. The result is the same :). But the cost for convenience is way more than working a little harder. I WILL NOT buy another Swiffer product again. UNLESS you actually make it more cost effective AND convenient!

I am on my second Wetjet. The first broke at the handle. I bought another one and the part where the cleaning pad goes broke off. Store won't replace it. Bad product.

I have just bought my 3rd Swiffer mop for $24. The other two broke in the same place. Somehow it has to be reinforced. The plastic handle breaks off right where the curve is right next to the spray button. So it's useless. I keep buying your product because I like mopping with it; it's fast and quick drying. The cleaning fluid and mop pads are expensive to buy, but I would say it's worth it especially if I have coupons.

Swiffer Company Profile