Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Sunbeam Reviews

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

I love yard sales. Good stuff. Cheap prices. When I was furnishing my first apartment in the early 1970s, I went to yard sales every weekend. I bought bookcases, chairs, tables, and, of course, kitchen equipment: silverware, dishes, storage bowls, and my prized purchase, a Sunbeam Mix-Master. For three dollars I got the Mix- Master circa 1955, a set of mixing blades and the small bowl that fits in the groves so that the bowl rotates. The seller explained that she had broken the large bowl and wanted to upgrade. Thank god for people who want to upgrade. That opens a myriad of opportunities for folks like me who do not need to have the latest and greatest, but love the utilitarian. I took it home and discovered that the large bowl from my set of Pyrex bowls (also from a yard sale and circa 1950s) would almost fit in the groove and worked just fine.

I decided that I would use this appliance until it gave out and then I would buy a new model. It has never given out. It still blends the perfect batter for cakes, breads, and cookies. It goes excruciatingly slow when adding dry materials to wet and does so without spattering. It can beat egg whites to a frazzle and make elegant meringue.

It is not pretty. It has nicks and worn spots and the speed dial is faded in some parts. But it does everything I ask of it. I can’t get rid of it. It has done nothing wrong. I would feel guilty if I replaced it. After all, we’ve been together for quite some time and quite a few cookies. I’ve attempted to make a new pact with my Mix-Master: I’ll keep it until it gives out or until there is a really good sale at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Even though I’ve said this in the presence of my Mix-Master, it just doesn’t feel right, and I know in my heart that I’ll be using it exclusively for a long time to come.

Original review: July 17, 2019

Behind every successful business are the "unsung heroes" coordinating customer services. Cheryl and Michelle are proven "heroes." In this day and age, I find it

extraordinary to experience service representatives such as Cheryl and Michelle. Both are courteous, concerned, and willing to go the 'extra mile' to help their customers. Their kindness and patience are to be commended.

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 11, 2019

It's been a good microwave. Smaller unit. It definitely has served its purpose. Never have had any problems with it. It's over 10 years old. I would definitely recommend Sunbeam microwave. If I were to replace it, it would be to just update the microwave. But that won't happen unless something goes wrong with it.

Original review: June 15, 2019

For years I have owned and used electric kettles by Proctor Silex. They worked well, in the main, and I liked them, but they did not seem to last more than two or three years each. One did not even last the full year and I got an over the counter replacement. They only allow remaining time on the original warranty for the replacement so, when that kettle failed outside the warranty period I looked elsewhere. I bought a Sunbeam kettle.

The kettle is better in so many ways I even thought of writing to the company to compliment them. The cordless seating contact base is circular so accepts the kettle from any direction, and it is very easy to seat and remove the kettle. There is a bright blue INTERIOR light which shines through the clear window when operating. It is so much better than a little red light on the handle which is not always visible. The on/off switch in the handle is smooth and positive. It just feels to be such better quality switch than I am used to. There is no visible heating element inside the kettle. The heat comes from under the smooth metal base. As a result I get very little scale, far less than I am used to, and it is quick and easy to remove every so often. I cannot recommend the Sunbeam kettle any higher. It cost just a couple of dollars more than my previous Proctor Silex but is worth ten times the difference.

Original review: March 11, 2019

Today was my second time contacting Sunbeam about a product that ceased to work properly, within the warranty timeframe. Once again, Sunbeam honoured the warranty and is shipping me a replacement. I see there are many dissatisfied comments here about Sunbeam but I have not experienced anything negative. Thank you Sunbeam!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sunbeam?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

I had a heated throw that was no longer heating, and they sent me a new throw free of charge. Great service! I love their heated blankets and I think I will keep coming back to this company for when I invest in a heated mattress pad.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I loved my Sunbeam blanket for the 10 months it worked. It was a beautiful charcoal gray to match my den. When I contacted them with a receipt to ask them to honor their 5 year warranty, they offered me a BURGUNDY blanket as a replacement. When I asked for a tan, white or gray, they offered me a ZEBRA print and said that was all they had in their warehouse. When I have them a list of colors that I would prefer, they wrote back and said they couldn’t replace my blanket since I had “refused” their offer. I’m sure it’s in the fine print, but what a crappy warranty to send out the crappy blankets they can’t sell to replace expensive throws. Very disappointed in Sunbeam’s customer service.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I bought a twin size Sunbeam blanket electric for cold winters and I bought it at Kohls at the end of the season for this winter. When I put it on my bed it did not work, I contacted sunbeam and showed them the label and they said it was made in 2012 when I bought it last winter 2019. Kohls would not return it without the receipt. I have made numerous calls to sunbeam and emails with no results, they have a 40 minute hold time then hang up when you are next. I have contacted CPSC again as they want to close my case as they have not heard from me but I have sent over 6 emails and they were to call me but never did. Very poor CSR so no blanket fo me. ANd NEVER AGAIN Sunbeam, I will buy from another company. Jarden bought them out and I was told they do not warranty nor talk to their consumers (sunbeam that is).

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

Had two of them fail, they replaced one, then they won’t replace the 2nd one because they think I am trying to get a free blanket. I don’t want another, I want my money back and Sunbeam needs to fix why so many of these fail. They bank on the fact that most people just throw them away and just accept that there is no such thing as quality or customer service.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

Over the past five years, I have purchased as many electric blankets. Each one of the blankets became operable before the winter was over which would be three to four months. Needless to say I gave up I will never purchase another one. And yes I did follow all of the guidelines I even tried resetting them according to their guidelines nothing work the blank is were just inoperable and they were not cheap. If I remember correctly, I purchased several of the blankets from Macy's and or Sears.

Sunbeam Company Information