Find an Appliances partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Sunbeam Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sunbeam?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sunbeam?

Original review: Feb. 17, 2015

Sunbeam Warming Throws - I have purchased 5 in the last 7 years. They last just over a year and quit. I am now down to 1 left that works. The last one was in warranty so I called Sunbeam. After "troubleshooting" it for longer than needed I was told I had not used the throw correctly (I sit with them on my lap). I no longer recommend them as I did in the beginning. I am young and have osteoarthritis and they help with the inflammation and pain. I think I have learned my lesson - NO MORE SUNBEAM.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2015

My blanket would not heat. I read other complaints and knew I was stuck with it. So I did a few things. 1st I made sure all wires were straight.. At the end where plug in is I found the wires had looped and the wires it. The blanket needed to be stretched out 1 at a time. Then I flipped the cord over at bottom of blanket. Then turned off & on at the controller. The blanket is getting warm now. This took a lot of time to do.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2015

I bought a Sun bean toaster Model no. tssbtrs. Well the toast pops out so high that there are times you have to search for where the toast went. When the toast comes flying in the air, the knob that you push down on, comes flying off. This is not worth the money. I bought this at Target, and did not keep the receipt.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2015

Micro plush electric Blanket - Bought a Sunbeam Electric Blanket Dec,1st 2014 and went to sleep with it on high and woke up about an hour later with 2nd degree burns- 3 on my leg, 2 on my back, one on my hip and one on my elbow. Filed a complaint with Wal-mart where I bought it and was contacted by Sunbeam who wanted me to send them the blanket right away but I got a lawyer and he has the blanket to be tested. He strongly advised me not to give the blanket to Sunbeam because that is my evidence. I will update when I know more.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2015

We used the 60 watt bulbs in our house and two burnt out at the same time. When my husband went to take the bulbs out, the metal part and the glass separated leaving the metal part in the light socket. This is SO DANGEROUS!!!! I will never purchase another Sunbeam thing again in my life!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2015

This is a complaint about sunbeam. In October 2001 my mom purchased a sunbeam electric blanket brand-new. On November 30, 2001 my mother went to sleep with her electric blanket turned on and the electric blanket caught on fire while she was sleeping. My mother died as a result of that fire that was caused by the electric blanket. The fire department was called as a result of the fire and the fire marshal ruled the cause of the fire from the sunbeam electric blanket. Sunbeam refused to take responsibility. I did contact an attorney but found out later that Sunbeam has bigger and better attorneys. And sunbeam is able to pay their attorneys a lot of money to stop lawsuits with people like myself. This is why Sunbeam still sells electric blankets.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2015

We purchased a heated throw. Unfortunately, they forgot to place a cord in the box. So we have no way of heating the blanket. Called their customer service. They gave us a choice to either buy a cord for $28.00 or pay for our own shipping and send the blanket back to them. Not sure why they want the blanket - nothing wrong with it...we just need a cord. Very poor customer service.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2015

New Year's Eve 2014. I was out shopping during the day. Stopped and purchased a box of Sunbeam 60-watt light bulbs. I needed some in my bathroom over my vanity mirror. The fixture requires 6 bulbs and 2 were blown out. I put in 2 new bulbs that were purchased that day. Later in the evening, when I entered my bathroom, as I flicked on the light switch, the same two bulbs exploded and shattered all over my bathroom. Some of the thin glass flew into my hair. I did pick up the shattered glass right away. I could understand if one bulb did this, but two at the same time? What are the odds? I purchased a three-pack of bulbs but will not use the other one, afraid of it happening again to me or my children. Absolutely horrible. I read the box that states that the bulbs are guaranteed to work 3000 hours from the original purchase date, which was earlier today. I'm supposed to return the defective bulbs with receipt for refund? Well that's not possible since they were shattered. Not worth the trouble and they know that!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2014

I bought my first one 2 years ago and it kept blinking error and didn't heat, so I bought another one this year thinking it was a problem that maybe Sunbeam had fixed, but NO. I purchased another one, and within 5 MINUTES IT DISPLAYED AN ERROR MESSAGE!!! And I can't get ANYONE from Sunbeam to help me. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR - DON'T EVEN CONSIDER BUYING AN ELECTRIC BLANKET FROM THEM.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2014

Cord shorted out the first night. Called Jarden which they claim is Sunbeam. Told me I had to mail the blanket back to them and were going to charge me $39 to fix and then $35 to mail it to them, but they would pay to ship it back and it would take 6 weeks to do so. They make it so that it costs as much to buy another blanket rather than pay for all the fees. They were extremely rude so I just bit the bullet and bought a different electric blanket. I did not trust their product anymore. Shame on Sunbeam for treating their customers like crap. Buyers beware. I have read internet posts where people had the same rotten treatment I did.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2014

A few weeks ago I purchased a Sunbeam king sized electric blanket. The numbers I could find on it were: Intertek 2002215 Style 84SKE. The shell is made of 100% Polyester. The problem is the shell of the blanket is so slick that the blanket slides off the bed every night and the quilt covering it also slides off the bed. It is impossible to use the blanket for sleeping and still keep it on the bed. Unfortunately my husband threw away the receipt or I would have returned it. It is impossible to use it for the purpose for which it was purchased.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2014

Sunbeam Heating Blanket RN 17280 - I have bought a number of Sunbeam Heating Blankets. If I am luck they last about two years and then stop heating up. I do not abuse them, sit on them and fold them up carefully and store in the off season. These are expensive blankets and they sure as heck should be lasting more than two years (if they last that long).

Original review: Nov. 26, 2014

I recently received a Sunbeam heating blanket as a gift. I had used it for about two weeks when I woke up with third-degree burns on my legs. I now have large, painful blisters on my legs from this "reliable" blanket burning me in my sleep. Very unsatisfied with this product. My grandmother bought it at Walmart, but does not know where the receipt is, so I don't know how to return it for a refund, and do not want to exchange it on another, as I am afraid to try it again.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2014

I had bought a Sunbeam electric blanket. On the outside of the package it stated a rebate, coupon inside. I opened the package and found that the coupon listed an "expires by" date, which at that time had passed. The outside of the package said nothing about an expiration date for the rebate. I contacted Sunbeam, saying it was unfair to list the expiration date only on the inside of the package only, and would they please honor the rebate. They refused to honor the rebate. Sunbeam has since then on my "avoid" list.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2014

Bought 2 of same warming blankets online through a reputable site. Used blanket both for only 3 months and they both quit. Contacted Jarden Consumer Solutions 4x and BBB to complain. There is a 5 yr warranty on these but Company won't fulfill their warranties. They give you the run around so I am out of the money for these 2 blankets. Why or how can a company stay in business if they refuse to accredit themselves with the BBB or honor their warranties? These people need to be shut down. Been online and have read so many complaints about this business and it's horrible how they don't even care. Does anyone know how I may fight back on this issue?

Original review: Nov. 12, 2014

The heating pad, purchased at Target, provides heat only inconsistently, with the interior heating element cycling on and off continuously. It's a shame that a person cannot count on a company such as Sunbeam to provide a halfway decent product anymore. Regardless of which person is responsible for marketing this heating pad as effective, I have purchased my last Sunbeam product. No more mixers, toasters, irons, blankets.... Absolutely nothing! With plenty of other manufacturers from which to choose. There is no reason Sunbeam deserves my loyalty. In addition, I promise to spread the word about Sunbeam's incompetency among all my friends and anyone who will listen.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2014

I just bought the heated mattress pad today at Walmart, and can't get the controller to change from blinking light. When first turning it on, it was on low and jumped to high blinking. Customer service closes conveniently at 6pm eastern time when most working folks are shopping to buy their products. This will be going back to Walmart tomorrow and they can send it back to China.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2014

First, let me say, that for well over 20 years I have bought and used Sunbeam heated mattress pads. I cannot go without them. Then something happened. Bought new one, used it once, then joined the ever growing group of people who found that Sunbeam has a very defective product. Lights start flashing. It won't heat. Redo entire bed, check and reattach all cords, check plug ins, unplug 3x, jump down, turn around etc. Send it back at our expense for Jarden to test? Like I'm doing this just to get attention. Wait 6 weeks and then what? They know this is a problem. People are now taking this to facebook and twitter. What has happened to Sunbeam???

Original review: Nov. 1, 2014

I admit I was looking for a new kettle which had a good looking appeal to sit in my kitchen. I decided on the Sunbeam Cafe Series Kettle in White! A few months after purchase, the lid was sticking. I did not have a chance to take it back to store and just put up with it, but then the clear vertical strip down the side (showing the water level) suddenly had a fine crack line near the bottom (of the strip). I contacted the store and was advised I had to contact Sunbeam (because it was now 10 days out of warranty) - What a waste of time that would be. Very disappointed. When you pay $$ for a product you expect it to last but does not seem to be the case anymore. I will never buy Sunbeam again, and I will discourage all from doing so as well. I am now the proud owner of a $30 kettle.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2014

I received the Sunbeam Heated Blanket in 2011 as a gift. I made a call on 10/28/14 to 800-892-7684 to report that I was still under warranty and needed to have the blanket repaired or replaced. I was told I could not be helped with the repair because I did not have a receipt for purchase in my possession. I did remind customer service personnel (Anne) that since this was a gift, I was not in possession of the receipt, nor could I obtain this. She said if I attempted to return item without a receipt I would be charged for fixing the item.

I believe it is unfair to expect someone to have a receipt when they receive a gift. Since I was happy with my gift, I had no reason at the time to request a receipt because I did not have reason to return it. Although my blanket stopped working after only approximately 4 year of use, I was hoping to at least have it repaired free of charge. Thank you for giving me an opportunity to voice my grievance.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2014

Sunbeam soft heat heating pad is broken. Stopped working, red light blinks and can't get it to stop. Power cut off after about one hour of use one day.

Original review: May 24, 2014

While lit, the glass portion of the bulb separated from the metal base and fell to the floor. The filament was glowing red hot for a few seconds. The glass was too hot to pick up without protection. Emailed Sunbeam. Customer service replied, "Our department does not handle that. Please call 877-383-6399."

Original review: May 16, 2014

I had the same experience with one bulb. I noticed a flaw in the white finish inside the glass, but put it in anyway. In less than 24 hrs, it was dead. JUNK.

Original review: April 11, 2014

Sunbeam light bulbs 120V 71w last only a couple of months. I have to climb on a ladder to replace it. Such a nuisance. Light bulbs used to last a long time. Now because they're made in China, they aren't worth buying anymore. Hate the product.

Original review: March 29, 2014

I will never buy another Sunbeam microwave ever again. This microwave is less than 2 years old and it just stopped working. Comes on with sound and lights and rotates as if it is heating the food, however, it no longer heats the food. Sunbeam has been difficult to talk with citing that the microwave is not under warranty which I already knew. I just wanted to know if they could refer me to a repair appliance shop that they were aware of that they could recommend to fix the microwave, or give me some idea what was wrong with it. Very inexperienced and incompetent customer service rep that seemed very young and inexperienced. Not helpful. Not worth the stress of keep calling back. I'll go back to buying a Maytag which never went out after having it for 15 years but I gave it to my son and decided to buy myself a new one - the Sunbeam. BIG MISTAKE. BIG MISTAKE. Not a good product.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2014

Bought an electric blanket Sun Beam twin online, Control never changed, the heat always stayed on low. I bought online, the place I bought it from it was 2 days past 30 days, they would not take back said contacted Sunbeam. Well I just need new control, I tried an old control so I know that all it needs. Well they want me to send the whole thing back. I am disabled and live on $730 a month and I'm not paying shipping for something that is under warranty so I'm screwed. MY thought is report them to the BBB and whoever else we can this is just?? Sunbeam use to be a name you could trust, I guest not any more!!!!!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2014

Customer care told me to send the blanket (not just the controls) to their Jardan consumer solutions service for testing and they decide if the blanket works. They do not provide shipping labels or postage. I shipped blanket at the costs of +$15.00 using the box my other NEW Sunbeam blanket was still in. The new blanket has been used less than a month and it is no longer heating!! Walmart will not refund with or without receipt after 90 days. I will never purchase another Sunbeam electric ANYTHING. I am so disappointed!!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2014

I purchased a Sunbeam electric blanket model PAC484-1 less than a year ago and have had the heat control quit controlling the heat. I started with it set to about 3 or 4 when I bought it, and had to keep increasing the control over the past six mo. or so in an effort to get enough heat. I currently have it on" H" which is max ,and it still is not even close to anything that it was when I bought it. Barely warm. I have been in the electronic service business for over 45 years. I have seen many changes over that length of time, and for the most part not consumer beneficial. The only thing that the Chinese make well, is babies...

I read a large number of the complaints on this site and the ones that are fire hazards seem the most serious. I have seen many class action suits for this type of deficiency, and am wondering why one hasn't been started here. I can remember when Sunbeam was rationed because the demand was so great they couldn't keep it on the shelf. Obviously that is only a distant memory. We are a captive audience. Most if not all, appliances are made off shore to my knowledge. Most of it is inferior quality.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2013

We have had similar problems with the Sunbeam king size heater blankets. THEY ARE JUNK... AND SO IS THE COMPANY AND THEIR SO CALLED WARRANTY. They rob us of our hard earned money, then have the audacity to ask us to send it back to them and wait 4-6 weeks for a decision/answer. How would they like the same response in getting paid. I am going to advise my family and friends of how crooked Sunbeam has been in the past and how they remain. We are now on a fixed income and can no longer play this game. We will seek another vendor and help to pay for it. DISGUSTING CORPORATE GREED AT ITS BEST.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2013

I have bought 3 king size electric blankets in 3 years. The first two I chalked up as a loss even though they were warrantied. This time I contacted Sunbeam and received an email promising a response within 2 business days. Nothing. As I read the complaints of others, I realize these blankets are simply junk. What bothers me most is the fact that large companies are able to rob us of our hard-earned money while all we can really do is post our frustrations on sites like this that only other disgruntled customers will read, while they continue to make more faulty items and rob more people. Disgusting... LATER Sunbeam. Oh by the way, I have a BIG mouth and will post on Facebook about you! That will help spread the word! May what you do to others come right back to you.

Sunbeam Company Information