4.23/5
  • 1 star
Based on 22 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution
Looking for Lawn and Garden tools and services?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

STIHL Blowers

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 4, 2017

24 STIHL Blowers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I bought 2 battery operated blowers. One was incomplete and it did not have a battery charger. The next day I tried returning the blowers since I noticed they overcharged me, but even though they were unused and still new they did not want to take them back. This is not the only time this has happened. Another time I had gone to buy some other things there. The cashier kept my debit card and did not return it until I notice hours after and I went back for it. My bank had alerted me of another transaction being made with my card from Simon's Power Equipment. I had a hard time getting my money back on my card.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

The Stihl blower was recommended to me by a business partner and I love it. The blower was cost effective and very easy to use. It makes my Saturday Lawn days more of a pleasant experience. Compared to other brands on the market I will always suggest this item to anyone who asks. The item is lightweight and easy to store in my garage. The user guide was very helpful and I also reviewed YouTube tutorials on people who use the blower. I think if you buy it it will make your lawn days easier and less stressful.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

It's a reputable brand. They're dependable. I've owned multiple products made by this brand, and all have been great. I will continue to buy products from Stihl. Their products just work, it's as simple as that. My parents and friends love this brand also, so I guess you can say Stihl has a pretty loyal following, especially in the South. People like John Deere also, but Stihl is also a huge name around here. It's easy to use and is super dependable. Whatever you need done, this blower will definitely go above and beyond your expectations. It's powerful and gets the job done in great time. For what you get, the price is also great. It fully met all of my expectations. If I get another leaf blower, it will definitely be from Stihl. The customer service is second to none. Whenever you have an issue, they will take care of you like you are family.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

STIHL has been around for a long time and is very reputable. Good service after purchase and it starts on the first pull every time. Warranty is for a reasonable amount of time and price is competitive with other brands. I am just overall happy with my purchase.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

The STIHL blower is very reliable. I've never had an issue with it not starting and I've had it for 2 years. I'm very happy with my leaf blower. I actually bought it because it was on sale, and I'm constantly surprised at the value I got. It's simple to use. It's super lightweight compared to other leaf blowers I've tried. It also came with a 10-year warranty that we'll probably never need to use, at least for mechanical purpose. My fiance told me it's got an incredibly well-built motor, which in turn prompted us to buy other items from Stihl, including a chainsaw. We see the same great quality products, reliable mechanics, lengthy warranties and helpful customer service representatives every time with Stihl. I'll definitely be buying more of their products as we go into the summer months. We plan on clearing part of our yard and fence line, and when it comes time to trim back the hedges, I know which brand of trimmers we will end up with.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about STIHL?

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

STIHL Blowers has the highest quality available. Not the cheapest available but you really can tell where your money is gone for get what you pay for. Plus the fact that it is the best-looking power tool brand on the market does not hurt at all. It's powerful, start the easily, and it does not break down. Easy starting means I'm not worn out by the time the job is done and because it's not breaking down constantly unable to finish the job when I start it.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I like that the Stihl blower is easy start and lightweight. It's also quiet and dependable. It's easy fill and comfortable. It has great for price and warranty looks good. Also definitely a pro choice for home or work and better than generic models. It won't kill you to use all day. It helps on the back and legs for extended uses on home or residential jobs. Also would be a good choice for large businesses and areas such as parks or recreation areas.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

The STIHL blower is very reliable and works very well. It has a lot of power and is so much more convenient than shoveling. It makes my life, and my families' lives, much easier. It is very durable and has held up well for the last couple of winters. I would recommend this product to anyone needing to purchase a snow blower. It will make your snow removal so much easier.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

The price is what drawn me to STIHL Blowers. John Deere is very expensive. It's like 3 hundred bucks for a simple blower. STIHL Blowers is also very easy to use. It comes with instructions so my 10-year old can use. Also it doesn't take much gas. It's very reliable, cost-efficient and price reasonable. It meets and exceeds my expectations.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I was tired of borrowing my neighbor's and I bought this from a friend new and unopened. They got it as a gift. The price was right. I'm not very familiar with the brand but now that I have actually used it, I feel comfortable recommending it to someone else.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

STIHL Blowers is reliable and there is local servicing available. I have dealt with this dealer many times and they are courteous and fair. I would tell my friend that this is a long lasting blower and that the people at the dealership, both in sales and in service, are trustworthy and helpful.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

A reputable company producing a very efficient product offering both entry-level pricing to top models. All have reliability of product and manufacturer to perform. A well-known and established brand known for durability. Easy start. Ease of controls. The ability of this product outperforms expectations.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

Stihl is the best brand out there when it comes to lawn care equipment. I also stand by them because my grandfather was a Stihl dealer for about 30 years. I recommend this brand because they are rated number one in lawn care equipment. It will do everything you expect it to and then some. It will last for years to come and it also comes with a great warranty service.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

Stihl is a reliable and trusted brand I like with a great reputation. Their leaf blowers are sturdy but light enough for a woman to carry without hurting her back. Also, decent power and durable. They do the job and the price is affordable. I prefer it over other brands I tried or looked at in the store. I highly recommend them for any family.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

STIHL products are ones that I purchase a lot when shopping for outdoor products. Very easy to use and is very lightweight compared to other blowers. Some blowers can be complicated or bulky, but this particular brand takes up a small amount of space when storing. The product definitely meets my expectation because STIHL products are usually great quality products and great price.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

This particular brand was Reasonably priced, it's high powered and lasts a while. It has a good reputation and it's an all around good blower. Also, the blower is definitely easy to use and store as it isn't overly bulky. It's most definitely good for the value.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

STIHL's an electric blower that uses the power to start then you disconnect the power cord and go to work. I bought it because it starts electronically. It makes it easy to start and still have the convenience of using it without the cord. This snow blower works really well and throws the snow a long way. It's simple to use and doesn't take any effort to remove the snow.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

I did some research online and found that the product was fairly well reviewed. It has a decent warranty and does the job it is supposed to do. It works well and powerful enough yet not too heavy during use and I did not get too tired while using it. Happy with the warranty and service as well and feel good about the product's reliability and quality. It feels like a quality product that will last and not cheaply made. I would recommend the product for sure.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

It is decent and comparable and it's a good machine. Pretty much satisfied with everything about it including the setup, design and end result, and the use and quality of the product. Like it in its price range. Really good quality tool and I've never had any issues at all when using it on my property.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2014

I have had my Stihl BG86Z handheld blower for a year and a half. It ran flawlessly until one day and it lost 50% of its power. No adjustments made a difference. I took it back to the dealer since it came with a 4 year warranty (maybe not?). The dealer said the muffler needed to be cleaned but it still would not idle right. So a new carburetor for over half what I paid for it new! I could have done that myself but did not want to void the warranty! They said Stihl won't pay for carburetors. I NEVER put ethanol laced fuel in it. I have high perf 2 stroke outboards and I keep higher octane no ethanol fuel around the house always. I only used the Stihl oil they sold me that was supposed to double the factory 2 year warranty. I was using VP fuels 4 cycle 94 octane when it messed up. The Stihl manual even says you can use up to 10% ethanol gasoline. I use the blower often (never sat a month unused) but have only used about 3 gallons in the time I have had it. I'll buy the big box cheap stuff from now on! Shame on Stihl's bogus factory warranty.

Original review: May 4, 2014

I have various Stihl products including blowers and hedge trimmers. You have to run premium fuel and the proper mix with stabil for ethanol; otherwise, these products will not run after using them for a year. Gas gums up the carb and fowls the spark plug and no worky? You asked for an answer!

Original review: April 5, 2014

I have bought several Stihl blowers and weed eaters for myself and family. These products don't last. After two to three years, they won't start and the dealer in Louisville tells me it will be 4-6 weeks and probably be better off to buy a new one than the cost to have them looked at. They work great for the first year.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2010

I notified you early in the year about the following problem. After which, Stihl had made an attempt to repair the equipment. However, after clearing my small 60 x150 yard of leaves several weekends this fall, the following problem has reoccurred. The attached photos illustrate how dangerous my Stihl SH 85 vacuum/blower has once again become. The large diameter vacuum suction tube falls off frequently, because the guide ways on the tube, and the mounting faceplate of the body prematurely wear down, and thus, the aforementioned parts will not stay together. It is again dangerous to use, because there is no safety shut off, when the tube and the intake screen falls off within seconds of each other, leaving the operator exposed to the uncovered spinning blades.

Originally, the dealer I purchased it from repaired this problem under warranty. Then after my last complaint, Stihl had another local dealer repair it for a second time with supposedly better-manufactured replacement parts. However, the problem has reoccurred again, after several autumn leaf clean ups. I feel that Stihl is obligated to resolve the problem, because the nature of the malfunction is a safety hazard, exposing the operator to spinning blades that have metal edges.

I am concerned that after 2 similar repairs involving replacement parts, a pattern has been established, that indicates either a poor selection of materials or the casting processing is not up to par. This recurring problem does not reflect favorably on Stihl's reputation of offering quality equipment. I have always bought and recommended others to purchase Sthil equipment, assuming I was purchasing quality equipment. One of my Stihl chainsaws is over 25 years old, and starts up immediately. However this particular tool is so bad that the dealer I purchased it from is no longer selling it, and has decided to sell only the chainsaws. I paid $267.50 for a machine that I can not use unless I want to take a risk of losing my fingers or hand.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2010

My STIHL SH 85 vacuum/blower have become dangerous to use. The large diameter vacuum suction tube falls off frequently because the guide ways on the tube and the mounting lugs on the machine have worn down within a year. It is now dangerous to use because there is no safety shut off when the tube and the intake screen falls off also within seconds of each other. Leaving the operator is exposed to the uncovered spinning blades.

I have always bought STIHL equipment assuming that I was purchasing quality equipment. However, this particular tool is so bad that my local dealer is no longer selling it. In fact, he has elected to only sell the STIHL chainsaw.

My local dealer repaired this problem under warranty, however, the problem has recurred again as soon as the warranty ended. I feel that STIHL is obligated to repair it again because the problem occurred during the warranty and continues to recur especially because the nature of the malfunction is a safety hazard, exposing the operator to spinning metal blades. The user is exposed to the blades because both the suction tube and intake screen fall off simultaneously. The two aforementioned parts seem to fall off because the plastic material that the machine body wears quickly and the mounting castings wear away and can no longer hold the aforementioned parts onto the machine.

Neither the local dealer nor STIHL USA has responded to my several requests over the last four months to review the hazards in operating this particular equipment model. They have been notified prior to this correspondence of the dangerous malfunctioning of the STIHL SH 85 vacuum/blower that has been sold to me as a new equipment which cost $267.50.

STIHL Blowers Company Information