Spring Hill
1.38/5
Based on 47 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for Lawn Equipment and Garden Plants?

SpringHillNursery.com

Tipp City, OH

50 Spring Hill Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Resolution response: May 8, 2018

I was contacted by a company representative who apologized for the problem and refunded my purchase price.

Original review: May 3, 2018

Upon unpacking the plants which took 10 days to arrive, the planting media was STILL soggy, resulting in decomposed vegetation. I submitted photos in an email to their customer service department and got no response. Assume the plants will re-sprout, but will not order from them in the future.

Original review: April 24, 2018

Last time I checked this type of billing was illegal. The customer is not to be billed for an order until it leaves their shipping dock. These folks are taking payment for plants that they know are not available, and showing when the customer ordered as "in stock". The customer then has to call and cancel the order to have their payment refunded.

Get expert buying tips about Lawn Equipment and Garden Plants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I placed an order December 27, 2017. Saturday April 21, I called to check on the order. I was told my order was backordered. If I placed an order in December, wouldn't I be among the first to receive the requested item? I asked to speak to a supervisor and her reply was she had no idea. I placed my order the day I received the catalogue. This doesn't make any sense. Why wasn't I notified?

Original review: April 9, 2018

Have been order from Spring Hill for over 20 years and very satisfied with the plants I have received. If there had been any issues they always replaced. You have to remember they are live plants and have to be planted quickly or stored properly until you can plant.

Original review: March 30, 2018

They shipped the wrong plants. I called. They said they would reship them. Expedited. After a week and no shipping confirmation. I used their chat line. I was informed it would be another 3-5 business days before my order ships. As they are processed in the order they were received. But my order had been expedited they said. Never mind that they are fixing their mistake. I still get to wait 2 weeks not to get my plants but to have them shipped!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spring Hill?

Original review: March 30, 2018

For 79$ I got a tiny tree that is 18 inch from the bottom of the container to the very top of the tree. I was told the tree would be around 3 feet when I contacted customer service before placing the order.

Original review: March 8, 2018

They took my order for 4 plants. Took my money for them and then told me they had no idea when they will ship them. It could be at the end of the month or two month from now. When I told them to cancel order they said I would get my money on a week. I told them it didn't take a week for them to take my money. They don't care.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Last year I ordered a group of roses. Only a few lived so I requested they send me more. They issued a gift certificate only to put my Father-in-law name on the account and he has been deceased for 30 years, therefore they will not honor the certificate! They are crooks! It was not our fault that they put the wrong name on the account. Don't ever order products from them as products are dead on arrival!!!

Original review: July 6, 2017

I bought bulbs for 19.99 and they were dead. They tried to get me to pay and I refused because they were DEAD! The acct. was sent to a collection agency and was for $60.00. Collection agency is now hounding me for a debt marked up 300%. Spring Hill sells dead plants and either get their money or write off their taxes a 300% markup. Win/Win for them. Must be owned by the Mafia.

Original review: May 27, 2017

I ordered plants from this company and not only does it take forever to arrive (1 month) but the plants are a rip off! DO NOT BUY PLANTS FROM THIS BUSINESS! I paid $40 for 2 plants that should have costed at most $7 total.

Original review: May 18, 2017

Around May 2016 I called this company to order a twister lavender redbud tree to be told they were out of stock and they do not accept back orders. Marked my calendar for January 2017 and ordered two lavender redbuds and one rising sun redbud on January 2, 2017. I received the trees February 28th which they literally looked like sticks. I planted the trees per their instructions doing everything exactly correct. Within two weeks, we had a blizzard. (I live in Northeast Ohio.) I called their customer service which advised me to put a garbage can over them and assured me they stand behind their product.

Now it is May 18th and of the three, one still looks like a stick. I called customer service, talked with a person with an accent that was difficult to understand and hung up. Called the next day and again got someone hard to understand, explained my problem, asked "how long do I wait to see growth" and requested a replacement. Was told they are out of stock and that they would send me a voucher. As everyone knows, trees take a while to grow. I am now out another year if I wait on their product which I will not. I do not want a voucher as I do not want to deal with them again with their lousy customer service. Like another reviewer, I would have given a negative rating if that was possible.

Original review: May 6, 2017

Ordered 2 plant hangers beginning of April. Never came and when trying to track package... says shipping method unknown. Spoke with someone on chat who apologized and would reship. Now 2 weeks later... never received package again. Again my acct clearly shows the second order... shipping method unknown. I chatted again and was told it is going reg mail and this is why no tracking #. Not sure how they fit 2 plants hangers in a mailbox. So she said it's on way and would be here Friday... I told her it's been ordered for close to a month. Friday came and went... nothing. So I see they refunded my acct the day I spoke to her... with no notification of are they sending free? Did they do out of courtesy? I will never ever order anything from this company again... and will be sure to share my story!!!! Very unhappy.

Original review: March 17, 2017

I put an order and was given a ship date; when the plants did not arrive, I e-mailed to inquire and was told that the plants will arrive mid-March. I called to ask about the shipping date and was told that the ship date was changed to end of March. I had to call twice and was put on hold both times without warning. I canceled my order. I frankly do not know how the company is still in business.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

I would give them a negative number if possible. I put in an order and SpringHill could not find it so Jenny, Mark and Jason determined that I would be charged double for these items. They were condescending, rude and unapologetic for their mistake. When I asked if the flowers were grown in the US Jenny indicated that she was unsure. At a time when jobs are needed in this country why buy here?

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

I have ordered twice from this company, I have emailed them twice. Never got a response. When the package arrived, they looked dead already, but we planted them, plus a peony, and they never came back to life. We bought the best potting soil, food, we did everything. I emailed the company asking for a refund, NO answer. Before you buy, read reviews.

Original review: June 24, 2016

Two years ago I ordered a collection of reblooming daylilies. I expected to receive 2 each of 5 different plants. They did not bloom the first year at all. This year they did bloom and in the end I have 8 yellow daylilies all the same and 2 mauve plants also the same. I was very disappointed and will not order from them again.

Original review: June 16, 2016

Plants said "June special", so I ordered June 6, but received half the order. Waited a couple weeks, called and was told the other half would ship four months later in late September or early October. They had my credit card on file without my permission and would have kept it to charge me for plants four months later without notifying me. Rather than marking the plants OUT OF STOCK, or even WILL SHIP IN FALL, they kept the plants on their website without either notice until well after they sold out. Later in June they have marked some as shipping in the fall, but still try to hook you in with "June special", as if it will ship right away. No help from the call center - they clearly get a lot of complaints. Stay away from this deceptive company.

Original review: May 11, 2016

I ordered bulbs in the fall. They shipped them to the billing address and rather than the shipping address. It was almost impossible to get a person on the phone that could do anything to fix the situation - it was a call center in India. They finally shipped a second order to the shipping address and then I had to return the one that came to the billing address. They returned money to the credit card which I assumed was for the box of bulbs that I returned but it was for the whole order. I was surprised to get a call from a collection agency saying I owed them money!!! Why - this was their screw up, not mine.

I paid in good faith when I made the order. They also said I made multiple orders which actually was a reflection of their staff trying to fix their errors. Also, bulbs were listed under the wrong code in the order and there were other smaller problems as well. I suggest getting your bulbs elsewhere. These people are just too frustrating to deal with. Personally I don't think I should have to pay what they say I owe them. But I will just to make them go away. However, I will warn others not to deal with this company.

Original review: March 30, 2016

I ordered red and blue ground covering phlox from Spring Hill Nursery in 2014. The blue phlox arrived hardy, well protected & packaged. I planted them and they're thriving. The red phlox showed up 2 weeks later poorly packaged, and dried. I potted & watered them, but they were dead. I notified Spring Hill Nursery by phone & e-mail with my order # and issue several times. Never heard from them.

Original review: March 15, 2016

I ordered flowers based on the delivery estimate date of 3/7/16 - 3/12/16. I looked at my account several times and my order never showed up. I called customer service and reached someone who barely spoke English. I gave him the order number and he said he was able to see my order, but it wasn't going to ship until 3/15. I emailed customer service, no response. After 5 days I emailed them again. I received a response saying part of my order would ship after 3/17... and to allow 7 to 10 days for delivery. So, we went from a 3/7 - 3/10 delivery date to now a 3/27 delivery date! NEVER again.

Original review: July 17, 2015

I ordered flowers. Only one survived. I asked for credit. They gave me credit. I've paid my bill in two installments after I finally got the credit and they are charging me $10 for late fee. When I called Customer Service, I stated my invoice states I owe $35 with $10 late but I actually only owe $20. They said I owe $23, which is nowhere on the invoice. Who knows.

Original review: July 7, 2015

Send in order, it is acknowledged. Later called SH about shipping, an uninterested person answered, no date set. Later a shipping date is provided. Shipping dates are extended. Extended again. Notified item is out stock after shipping date. Received two sad looking plants. Another item shipping date is extended. Again extended. Received notice item is out of stock. Spring Hill Nursery is an unreliable company and is a waste of money and time to do business with.

Original review: June 27, 2015

Beware: SpringHill is non-responsive to website customer inquiries and does not provide itemized prices or shipping charges on their email or hard copy receipts! So you are at their mercy when registering a complaint. I ordered 13 plants which came in 2 orders (not my choice). Despite being charged immediately and receiving an expected shipping date via email, I received a number of follow-up emails informing me that 12 of the plants would be delivered later - a total delay of over one month, which coincided with my being out of town. The plants arrived and sat outdoors for a week in 90+ temps. - thus dead.

I contacted customer service via their website, and requested new plants or a refund. After 2 weeks of no response, I called the customer service line (ha!). The agent was befuddled and seemed unable to determine the charges himself, and would only refund half my total shipment charge (meaning that it costs the same to ship 1 plant as it does to ship 12 plants, which I am certain is not the way they phrase it when you are making a purchase - and no receipt from them has any prices or shipping charges, just plant names). A rip-off. Any perceived cost savings from this low budget operation aren't worth the aggravation to this experienced gardener!

Original review: June 25, 2015

I will never order from this company again. I was charged for over $70.00 worth of flowers that were either dead (twice with the Hen and Chicks collection - 30 plants in all and 3 roses of 5 did not make it), or were forced substitutions for my original order (supposedly due to being out of stock). Also, plants were shipped well over a MONTH after my PAID order and was actually shipped past our planting season of 7a. Due to my concerns over the delay of shipment I called several times and asked to cancel the order. I was told they were unable to cancel as my account was in LOCKED status. When I asked what that meant I was told that it was probably because my plants were on the truck to be shipped out already.

They did not ship out for another two weeks after that conversation (and were not what I ordered anyway but were a substitution Everlasting Hydrangea was a substitution for the Kaleidoscope Hydrangea). In the end I do not have what I ordered. I have 1 live Hen and Chick out of a total of 30, 2 roses out of 5 alive, 6 commander in chief lilies that I still do not know how they will do as they were planted in a pot two days ago since I am not sure where to put them as they do not go with my color scheme in my flower bed and several bags of pills for plants (that I have no use for when the plants I ordered were dead or died anyway). :(

Original review: June 9, 2015

I ordered 21 North Hills Phlox from Spring Hill, and for some reason they shipped the plants in bags, and 10 of them were dead, and obvious that they had been dead before they were even shipped. The ones that weren't dead honestly weren't in the best shape. I emailed them and they did give me a credit. So I ordered replacements, and 6 of the replacement plants were dead when they arrived.

I again sent them an email requesting a credit and asking why they keep shipping me dead plants. I have not received a response and based on the comments on here I doubt I will. Until this occurred I had been a satisfied customer and bought quite a lot of flowers from them. Based on this treatment I won't order from them again. You are taking a chance ordering from them because you don't know what you are going to get, and their plants are not cheap.

Original review: June 3, 2015

After searching the internet for perennial flowers, I opted to order from Spring Hill Nursery primarily for the selection and the fact that they were running a May special of $25 off a $100 order. This special was supposed to be good through May 31, 2015. I placed my order on May 30, 2015 and did not receive my discount at checkout. I immediately emailed Spring Hill requesting they credit my order and did not receive a response. Three days later I sent another email asking to either credit me the $25 or cancel my order since it had not yet updated to shipping. The response I received was that my order was in process and they couldn't make any changes. I haven't received my plants yet so I cannot speak to the quality but I will say I feel duped. I will never order from them again.

Original review: June 2, 2015

First time ordering from Spring Hill nursery and waiting several weeks for plants. They came in little tiny pot (they claimed to be 3" pots but was smaller) with leaves all brown. The hens and chicks plant I ordered were dead.

Original review: May 9, 2015

Slow shipping, inferior quality, tiny plants? The 3 coneflower plants I ordered which were advertised in 2 inch pots are really in 1" plastic wrap and have black leaves. I don't have much hope for them. They ship very slowly and give you stupid answers to inquiries. The second order I placed came before the first and they were shipped laying down in a box with broken leaves.

Original review: May 8, 2015

I ordered 7 daylilies in June of 2014. They arrived in late October 2014 and I planted them right away. Only 1 survived. I called to have them replaced and was told the new guarantee was only 30 days instead of 1 year. How are you supposed to know if daylilies planted in late October will be alive in the spring? They are sending me a credit, because they no longer stock the ones I had ordered. I have ordered from them for many years, but will reconsider where I get my plants from now on.

Original review: May 7, 2015

I have been a customer of Spring Hill for a while. I ordered several trees with a lifetime warranty and called last fall and told them 2 trees died. I received an email last fall saying they would ship this April and gave me a 5 day window to receive. It’s now May 7th no emails no trees so I called their rude overseas customer support and was told they no longer carried one of the trees and were out of the other. I would not order from this company that lies and has rude people working for them. Also if you Google Spring Hill Nursery you will see many negative reviews and now I can see why. VERY RUDE PEOPLE HERE... THEY HAVE LOST MY BUSINESS...

Spring Hill Company Information