3.77/5
Based on 13 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Snap-on

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 17, 2017

13 Snap-on Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

When I purchased $30000 in tools with Snap-on 25 years ago, they were so nice and accommodating. I could have bought a condo back then with that amount! Now I have to beg Snap-on trucks to stop by and help me with damaged tools. Why, because I am not buying much anymore.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2016

They knew the product and what its uses were for. They were really intelligent on what they are selling. I would buy from them again. They are very good people. They gave me a brochure of how to be careful with the products that I bought. I would recommend this company to other people. I have seen many other competitors prices with a slightly better price. Since I know these products are good, I decide to keep purchasing them. I've had many of their items for years and I haven't had many of them break. It's not like it's cheap material like other competitors.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Aug. 28, 2016

Quality customer service. Expected to be taken care of quickly and effectively and was definitely satisfied with the end results. This company will stand behind their tools and fix any problems you may have. They have tools with the safety features that you need and want. I have had issues with tools in the past but not now that I have Snap-On brand. I am extremely satisfied with this company. These tools are definitely worth it. Even if the price of some items might be high the value of the products overcomes that. These are very good tools to purchase for your home or business. These products will last you a lifetime. You can put them to work and know that they will still be there for you tomorrow. They will outlast most other brands.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2016

Customer service was very helpful, reliable, knowledgeable & they actually knew what they were doing, unlike a lot of other customer service representatives. Safety was a number 1 priority that words couldn't even explain, coz without safety, people would be put in harm's way & that would be very tragic & lethal for the jeopardization of innocent casualties. Value was very exceeding to my expectations & I was flabbergasted by that, coz a lot of companies don't possess the value like this company does. Durability was very reliable & dependable to exceed the necessary expectations of this company & I have no complaints whatsoever. Those are all the pros with no cons.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

I purchased the tool from a tool store so everyone there recommended the product and explained to me how to use because I'm not knowledgeable in that department. It seems pretty safe. It came with safety instructions which I need to operate such products because I am not good at using tools or home improvement products. They were kind of expensive but it's okay because all tools are mostly costly so we were prepared to spend the money needed to purchase it and it came with a warranty. I've only had it for a short period of time but seems to be pretty durable but I guess we will see in the long run but I don't use it every day so time will tell.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Snap-on?

Original review: Aug. 22, 2016

I purchased items made by SNAP-ON but they were bought originally by a friend of mine that later resold them to me at a lower cost. The tools I have purchased have all been of the highest quality. Also, as they were secondhand items they have maintained throughout two ownership lifetimes. Very impressive. My costs were approximately one third of the original price tag yet these tools have been every bit as good as any tool I could walk in a store and buy firsthand today. The things I have purchased have all maintained structurally and aesthetically quite well. Nothing has been broken or needed replacing as well as no major dings or dents.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2016

They were very informative on their tools and helped show me what was needed to get the job done. They didn't push me into buying anything more than I needed. I am very happy with my tools I bought. I believe that Snap-on has good values. Customer service was friendly and seemed to really enjoy his job. I have only used the wrenches one time for the job that was needing them and they did the job. No problem. I haven't had to use them again but am looking forward to when I do.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2016

It has decent customer service, but there could be many improvements, such as quality of the calls and solutions to more problems with my equipment. The safety of the equipment is solid and works very good if you use it correctly. Just follow the directions on the box. It has a lot of value and it packs a punch for its price. It is very durable because I have had this set for 2 years and it still works perfectly. And it is very well working like it was new. The main value of this set is its long durability at a good value.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2016

Very nice people. Went out of their way to help me pick out the best and cheapest choice available for online purchases. I would give 6 stars if possible. Penelope was amazing. It has lots of safety features so I don't drill into my stomach or thru my leg. I have never nailed my hand to a piece of lumber like my grandpa Billy Bob did up in Texarkana, lol. The value Is amazing... I got three power tools for under $200 each with 2-year warranty. This was over two years ago and each still works fine. I dropped a chainsaw from about 30 ft up in a tree. It fell on the ground and not one scratch. I couldn't believe it. I was so impressed.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

Customer service was fine, nothing extraordinary but not bad. Would shop there again if I needed to. Overall was a good experience and I can't complain. It is very safe and feel very safe when using it. Don't feel any corners were cut in production because it is not dangerous. Would recommend to a first timer or someone that is inexperienced with tools. The value is really good. It last for a long time and is not cheaply made. Well worth the investment. The product is very durable. High quality for a good price. Will last a lifetime if taken care of right. Needs a little maintenance but with that it will be fine and last long.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2016

The customer service from what I've experienced is very good and satisfying. I called to inquire about a product and the gentleman on the other line was very patient and understanding with my questions and concerns. The safety of these products when using them are very good. I would not let children around them, but these products are made so that there is ease of use while safe you is maintained. These products are very valuable and easy to fit into slim and tight areas, which is why it's easy to have a utility box of these tools in the trunk of my car in case something ever came up. These products are very durable, as I've used one purchase of their product for many years and never had any kind of issue with them at all.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

They're as good as most, the tools are good tools but customer service is average. You will eventually get to who you need. However they are American-made and l like to support our nation's workers. Snap-on is innovative in the fact that they come to you. They are the tools pros use, they will educate you on how to properly use the tools and their quality is great! High quality steel and durability. They aren't cheap but they are not the most expensive, but that individual and personal care you receive from the reps when they get there is invaluable. Well made and strong, their tools hold up to any job. I'm rough on tools but these are worth the extra over Black & Decker or equivalent tools. The warranty is worth it.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

Needed some wrenches. Got them from Home Depot. The wrenches were sturdy. The Home Depot floor person was very helpful. Same for the Snap on utility knife. The utility knife has a lockable blade, which locks in open and closed position. Locking while closed guarantees safe storage. Also a one button blade change is safer than other brand designs. $14.50 is a very fair price for such a durable device. Handle has a good design for gripping. A 90-day full price return gives the purchaser plenty of time to check out the knife's quality. Foldable design that is easy. There is a stainless steel blade carrier, which protects the blades. Sturdy molded grip handles makes for easier use.

Snap-on Company Information