2. Homeowners

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Sharp Microwave Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sharp Microwave?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sharp TVs?

Original review: May 18, 2020

Electrician installed this yesterday. Most of the time when you hit the close drawer button the drawer closes and immediately opens back up. Impossible to use it in this condition. How do I fix this? Uninstall the drawer and take it back? That’s crazy.

Original review: April 19, 2020

I had my microwave for 19 years. It was one of my wedding gift until today it stop working. I highly recommend Sharp microwaves. You have definitely have a long time loyal customer for life. I Thank you.

Get buying tips about Microwaves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

Purchased a Sharp Convection microwave online from ABT. The microwave stopped working after 15 days. Returned the microwave and received the replacement unit. After I installed the replacement unit, the door would not stay shut or lock. Boxed the microwave up for return. Time to shop for a better quality brand.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

The Microwave caught fire as a result of using the microwave sensor cooking option to cook a medium size potato. It burned the potato to crisp leaving the oven scorched and ruined. Apparently this is not an isolated incident and in my opinion it is an safety issue that should be addressed by Sharp ASAP. My confidence with sharp and its products has been shattered. Would never buy again.

Original review: July 23, 2019

I bought a microwave and the light blew after 5 months. I got a replacement, and the same thing happened within 6 months. It is a design fault. They are no longer using incandescent lights which would last years. Sharp are trying to reduce energy consumption with new electronic low energy circuit lights which have a short life span. I was advised in store that Sharp know about it and are trying to rectify. I asked if I could return the microwave given it was twice in 12 months, and Sharp have said NO.

Another issue is the clock doesn't run properly. I thought my husband was accidentally pressing wrong buttons, but looking at other reviews, seems this also is a problem with clock not keeping correct time. The warranty is only 12 months, so be warned, if you buy this microwave, based on my experience, you may be visiting the service centre every 6 months, and having to pay for the replacement bulb after the the 12 month warranty runs out. Very disappointed in Sharp, having been an avid user for over 30 years. Customer Care response was a definite no. You can't return. Go to service center - and it will take 2-4 weeks to repair. Not a satisfactory solution given it has happened twice now in 12 months.

Original review: July 23, 2019

My son bought us this microwave about 7 years ago and haven't had any problems with it. We use it on a daily basis. It is perfect for all of our needs, reheating, warming up, making popcorn, and actually cooking in it.

Original review: July 23, 2019

Model No. : R-551ZS. It has instant start 1-6 and 30 sec when the start button is pressed, which are great features. Also the sensor reheat (SR) button works great. When we first purchased it I burnt some popcorn because I pushed the wrong button and the bag caught on fire. We had to unplug and take the microwave outside to cool down and it has worked perfectly even after that catastrophe. The coffee reheat button is 1min 10 secs which I wish was 1min 20 secs. Overall it is a great microwave oven. Purchased at Walmart and not overpriced. I would recommend this oven.

Original review: July 22, 2019

I have included a previously Sharp Microwave within a solid black color since 1999, & that was working very fine & fully clear for 19 following years. But it recently had external digital signals that were unfortunately not working, so I purchased a brand new Sharp Microwave while now within a solid white version. But few months later after including minor water breeze inside (after microwaving something), the metal within the internal rear --> is unfortunately becoming rusted!! So why would Sharp include this specified Metal Wall inside (or something similar). for unfortunately including that!!!

Original review: July 21, 2019

This is just strong enough for what I need, compact enough to fit on the top of the fridge and was a good value for the price. I would buy another one like this again as it has worked well for 4 years. It is easy to clean and has a turntable.

Original review: July 20, 2019

This Sharp Carousel microwave was here when I bought my house 10 years ago. It has been great and I have not had any issues with it. I would definitely buy this brand again if I needed to replace it.

Sharp TVs author review by ConsumerAffairs

Sharp is a well-known electronics and appliance brand that strives to be involved in every aspect of your technological lifestyle. Sharp products are designed to be aesthetically pleasing as well as effective.

• Sharp microwave drawer: The built-in microwave drawer lets you tuck the appliance away when it is not in use.

• Commercial microwaves: Sharp provides medium-duty and heavy-duty commercial microwaves with high wattage, up to 1200 watts.

• Low cost countertop models: Sometimes you just need a microwave without all the frills and special features. Sharp has a full line of affordable and dependable microwaves.

• Quick-cook buttons: Sharp microwaves feature "Popcorn," "Defrost," "Potato" and many more pre-sets.

• Built-in kits: The kit allows you to install the microwave yourself without having to hire someone else to put it in the kitchen.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team