2. Homeowners

Shark Vacuums

Shark Vacuums
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.10/5

Shark Vacuums Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shark Vacuums?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shark?

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

I have had the most amazing customer experience with this company I have ever had with any company. To say that I am beyond satisfied and impressed with their product, customer service and tech support is an understatement. To start from the beginning. I purchased a Shark vacuum a few years ago. I was so amazed behind the power, maneuverability, and function in this machine. I have used it A LOT and put it to the test, never once had an issue. Here we are now a few years later and unfortunately the brush and suction started not to work. I almost ran out to go spend money on buying a new vacuum but decided to first call customer service and see if perhaps they could help troubleshoot it before determining it was completely broken.

I called and was pleased not to have been waiting on the phone forever to speak to a customer service specialist. I was waiting a few short minutes until I got someone live on the phone who greeted me with such joy and seemed eager to be able to assist me in any way possible. The customer service specialist was very attentive and understanding of my issue and assured me that I would be taken care of.

After describing the problem I was asked to accept a text message link which allowed the specialist to see exactly what I was looking at and had the ability to draw on the video feed in order to point out areas as we did the troubleshooting. As a technician by trade and I understand firsthand how tough it can be to troubleshoot things over the phone. This experience was the first I have had using this system and it completely blew my mind away. How AMAZING AND EASY it was to be able to run through diagnostics and if I was uncertain, she would just circle an area to make things clear for me and it was as easy as that. She made things very simple to understand.

So at first, it was determined that before the brush could be fixed the motor had to be replaced. At this point she even said all I needed to do was cover shipping and handling which was less than $20 & they would be more than happy to send out a new motor. A few days later the package arrived and I was surprised by how fast it came. Excited to think that would fix the problem, ufortunately it did not. I was not worried at all because the customer specialist assured me that if for any reason this did not resolve my issue that they would make sure to do what they needed to do in order to get it working.

So I called customer service and again was greeted with some very polite and pleasant who was more than happy to assist with my issues. Going over the steps we had already taken to try and get things up and running, she advised we needed to replace the entire bottom piece. She looked in the system and saw that since it was an older model it would take a month to get in a replacement part but said that no shipping cost would be needed that they would be more than happy to send it out when it becomes available. So I figured no biggie, I got a shop vac that will make due for now and at this point I have spent less than a couple of weeks and only $20. What will a couple more weeks be. Pretty much getting an all new Vacuum for only $20, so who am I to argue.

THE BIGGEST SHOCK YET and after this moment Shark had won me OVER FOR LIFE. Not expecting something in the mail for about a month, I was shocked to have received a package from Shark a few days later. I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT. Instead of just replacing the broken piece, they sent an entirely brand new vacuum!!!! The newest model. Speechless and completely blown away. As a consumer for many years and having worked in customer service myself. I have never in my entire life seen a company that has absolutely amazed me start to finish like this with customer service and how they handle issues. It just shows what kind of team Shark has. I always believe it starts from the top and it sure shows what incredible leadership is taking place. Once again I truly RECOMMEND this company to everyone and I will be a supporter of Shark for life. THANK YOU SHARK TEAM for all of your expertise, hard work AND absolutely incredible customer service.

Original review: May 15, 2020

I always had a Hoover upright bagged vac and was not overly satisfied with the performance, but also felt I never paid the big bucks for other brand vacs costing hundreds more. I kept hearing about how great Shark vacs are for picking up dirt and pet hair. I got a Shark and was so surprised at how much dirt it sucked up. In fact, I liked my Shark so much I ordered a second one with the pet hair removal brush and I would never go back to any other brand. This vac has amazing suction, ease of movement, picks up pet hair and empties the canister with just 2 clicks. My carpets look great and actually feel softer and higher pile after vacuuming. Never thought I would like a vac without a bag but this is so easy to empty. I can't find a thing negative to say about Shark vacs.

Get buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 14, 2020

I'm really happy with my Shark vacuum because I have sciatica and I'm in so much pain sometimes that I couldn't lift my other bulky vacuum to take up and down the stairs. Shark has great suction and is very lightweight! I really didn't want to spend money on a new vacuum since I had one but taking it upstairs was so painful for me I knew I had to do something. The attachments are awesome because I can vacuum my draperies without much strain (I would recommend that Shark add a lower suction for curtains bc they will pull from the rod so you need both hands for sure)!

The hardwood floor attachment is great and the pet hair attachment is very heavy but does an excellent job on my furniture. I purchased mine right before they came out with the cordless model which was a bummer but overall I'm very happy with my choice! I loaned it to my daughter who had just purchased a home and she loved how it cleaned up the dust which eliminated the need for a Shop-Vac! You clean the filters once a month to keep good suction and clean any attachments that may get dusty and you are good to go! It also comes with the wall attachments. I would definitely recommend it!

Original review: May 4, 2020

I have owned 3 Shark vacuums. And I'd say for your money's worth you can't go wrong. My first one I lost in a house fire, my second I gave to my brother and my last one is still going strong. I can't tell you enough good things about this product. Not one time have I ever had any problems. And would highly recommend everyone to buy this product. It won't let you down. I have a 2 dogs that stay inside with me. And one of them is a German shepherd, if you know anything about these dogs it's that they shed so bad. With my shark vacuum it gets all the hair up the first time, even on my tile and hard wood floors. So for anyone whose out to purchase a great vacuum cleaner, give this product a try. Not to mention with all the attachments that come along with it it's a great machine to own.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I purchased the Shark Rocket at BigLots black Friday sale originally for my neighbor. Receding it for about $80.00 off reg price was fantastic. When she purchased one online, gave this back to me. I LOVE IT! Best vacuum ever in all aspects of cleaning, filters, emptying. After young man used it to clean up broken glass suction diminished. Cleaned and followed all DIY online. Finally called customer service. 5 year warranty. Answered promptly. Professional and friendly. Sending a new base in 3 to 4 days. No need to send original back and no charge!

RECEIVED MY NEW not refurbished base the very next morning!!! Still with warranty as original carried!! Wonderful! Satisfied more than with just about any company ever. The cord issues and not self standing when attachments are connected is a complaint kind of too either lazy if inconvenienced by disassembling or using mount to place when not in use. This is your home you're cleaning. Don't rush it. Take care of it and this will go above and beyond taking care of the user! Thank You All at Shark!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

When using my Rocket Ultra-Light Upright Vacuum Cleaner, I am disappointed every Tuesday and Thursday. The cord is the worst feature of this product in that it winds around itself and becomes entangled so that it pulls the cord out of the socket. I am left to constantly (every 10 minutes) replug the cord and resume my vacuuming. The cord has become so brittle in places that I have had to tape it up with electrical tape in order to avoid getting electrocuted. This version is not very expensive - but please save your money and invest in a better product.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

I purchased the Shark Navigator Vacuum a year ago. It came with a five year warranty. After troubleshooting for a month I called their helpline to be told that the issue is with the main base and that they would need to replace it. Sadly in addition to the cost of the product I am also required to pay for replacement parts with no guarantee that they would work. The machine has not been damaged, but stopped working and the company will only replace parts that are free as long as I pay for shipping, taxes, and fees.

The machine is not cheap and it was purchased thru a reputable retailer that directed me to the company. For the cost of this product, the inability to fix it thru their troubleshooting manual, the time spent with customer service it is ridiculous to have to spend more money on a product that doesn't work well and broke after 1 year. I have hardwood floor and the product was marketed to work well on them. The fact that it broke and the company is charging me to replace parts when it is covered by warranty is unacceptable. Spend your money elsewhere!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

Shark has been my vacuum of choice for many years, in fact I recommended them to my mom, sister, brother, two sons, friends etc. For the most part they have been excellent, but seem to have went downhill in the last two years. So when My APX952 DuoClean started having the wheel fall off I called Shark, since I had a seven (7) year warranty. Looking at the problem the wheel isn’t held on by a screw, but is friction forced, and I noticed the lock washer holding the wheel on was missing.

So I call Shark to get a new wheel. Guess what, they don’t sell a wheel, so you can’t buy a replacement. Well at least I have a seven year warranty, and I’m not even in year three yet. So I call Shark, and I’m told the WHEEL isn’t covered, and I will have to buy a complete NEW power head unit. What? For just a wheel? Yes I’m told. Since I paid $400+ for the vacuum, I order the unit @ $90 ish dollars. I have a call out for management to contact me, but I’m not holding my breath. Shark, you lost a faithful customer, and I will never again darken your door/website. I don’t know where I will go, but it won’t be Shark. So even though their vacuum is good, it worthless when their warranty sucks, and not in a good way. Good Bye Shark.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

Stay the hell away from Shark. This vacuum is just over 30 days old and they won't cover the wand part of this machine and apparently expects me to vacuum like this. They just told me they won't replace the longer wand as it's not covered under warranty and if I need it replaced I need to pay for this. I literally just bought this on Sept 27th this year and it broke on October 31st. STAY AWAY FROM THEM AS THEY DON'T BACK THEIR PRODUCTS!!!!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

I had purchased a Shark vacuum about 4 years ago, at that time on their box, it had said they have a 10 year warranty. It finally bit the bullet and doesn't work anymore. I had called customer service to get some help. They told me that the vacuum was discontinued and that I would not be able to get a piece to replace it because it was discontinued. They also told me that when I got it 4 years, the box said a 10 year warranty, but currently they have changed it to a 5 year warranty. They informed me that they would not honor their old 10 year warranty when I bought it. So just a heads up to anyone.

Shark author review by ConsumerAffairs

Shark is a family business in its third generation of ownership. The company makes a diverse range of household products and appliances.

• Lightweight design: Shark Navigator vacuums have lightweight designs that make cleaning easier.

• Customer reviews: Customer reviews on the Shark website help potential buyers decide which models are right for them.

• Available accessories: There are plenty of accessories that make Shark Navigator vacuums useful for cleaning vehicles, stairs, furniture and hard-to-reach surfaces.

• Customer service: Shark has strong customer services that include a lengthy online FAQ, live chat and Web support.

• VIP Warranties: Buyers can add five-year or lifetime warranties to their orders.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team