Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Homeowners

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Take a Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Shark Vacuums Reviews

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

I have gone through two vacuums in a year and a half. The first one I returned to the store and was given another new one. I have had the same issue again less than 8 months with the new one. I called customer service to find where I could purchase a belt to replace the one that is worn out. Much to my amazement they do not sell the belt but the entire head. And to top it off the 5 year warranty does not cover the most important part of the vacuum. What are they warrantying the plastic? Will never again purchase from this company and will try to avoid as many people as possible from having to deal with the same poor quality and customer service.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

Two Customer service agents after checking with supervisors have come back to say they do not show this on their records. I called today 1-2-2020.. I find no way of speaking with anyone else to show them proof nor are they interested in seeing what I have. Even without the VIP Warranty my unit should still be covered for the bad part and I would pay a $19.95 shipping fee for them to send me a new part and they will not honor this either. No more Sharks for me or anyone I can influence.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

Ordered a Shark APEX from company website in early December 2019. After waiting for delivery notification for over a week, I called the company. Their Security Department cancelled my order, and the agent had no further explanation. My credit card was perfectly valid. She also told me that I could not place another order with a different credit card, because their system blocked my name and address. I demanded an explanation for the cancellation, and was told that their Security Dept would get back to me within 2 days... that never happened. Filed complaint with BBB, seeking detailed explanation of erroneous cancellation. Company's response was useless, stating "we are unable to provide exact details in regards to your order not going through. We were unable to validate the information that was provided, therefore we are unable to process any further orders for you."

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

I have been a loyal Shark owner for many years. Sadly, that is about to end. I have two robots and a rechargeable stick vacuum that are all shark. Although I have had several problems with the vacuums themselves I ALWAYS received great service until today. I called in several days ago because my RV85 would not hook up to the app (the only way you can schedule cleanings). I was told after multiple attempts that it would need to be researched. Waited three days for my call back but was not near my robot.

When I called back the gentleman named "Juan" made my husband and I complete at least 10 attempts (definitely more) to hook up the robot to the app. It NEVER worked. Different phones different ways. That would have been fine had he not been so condescending. Then when I asked to speak with a supervisor LIED and said there wasn't one. Call back and get a supervisor. No apology. Just told they'll handle it in house and basically go away by "David". Stuck with a robot I can't schedule (not such a big deal) and horrible customer service (big deal). Stay away. That cheaper price is DEFINITELY not worth it between the breakdowns and rude customer service!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

I purchased a Shark about a 1 1/2 yrs ago. Started making a horrible sound and realized the rotator brush cracked on one end. Customer service offered to send me the part for a mere $100. Really? I vacuum my fairly small house maybe once a week or so? Certainly no abuse. Their warranty only applies when purchased extra at the store or thru them. Save yourself a headache and go with a different brand. Not impressed at all with the vacuum or their customer service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shark?

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

Make no mistake, the Shark Vacuum does deep clean your carpet. The issue is that at the same time it breaks the fibers of your carpet. For years we would see the canister full of sand but then realized our carpet fibers (thousands to be exact) were also in the canister. Our carpet was once plush but now there are little fibers left for any type of plushness. So powerful can also be very destructive. Most people probably don't even realize this. They see the canister full of dirt never realizing this is mostly carpet fibers. Terrible! I am surprised more people have not caught on to the destruction of their carpets due to the Shark Vacuum. Hopefully Shark will also catch on and design a vacuum that is not destructive. They should also be responsible for any damage done to one's carpet due to their product.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

The hose on my Shark Rotator UV 795 broke within the 7 year warranty period after 2 years. I was surprised to learn the warranty does not cover the hose because it's a wear and tear part?? I should pay approx. $ 95 for a new brush unit including the hose (the entire lower part of the vacuum). After I got upset they offered me a 50% discount. I didn't buy the part. I paid more for the Shark vacuum because of the 7 year warranty. Seems like, it didn't paid off. I bought brand new vacuum this time for less - and NOT a Shark.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

I was told my problem with my Shark Lift Away vacuum would require that I purchase the replacement part at a cost of 96.35 plus shipping. When I said that at that cost I would probably just go out and buy another vacuum the agent offered 40% off with free shipping. That didn't seem right for them to do but I put the thought aside since I thought Shark was a reputable company. I should have known something wasn't right when I had to ask him how much he was charging me at the end of the call and he didn't give me a order number. He said the charge was $48.00. I knew this was a little more than 40% off but I figured I misheard due to his thick accent. After checking my bank account this morning I was charged $96.35. I feel I was purposely lied to so the agent could make a sale. I am very unhappy with Shark as this seems to be a shady way to do business.

Resolution response: Nov. 22, 2019

I finally received a call this evening from the Ombudsman’s office. She was very apologetic, and explained that they really WERE having telephone issues. She seemed truly sorry for my problems this week, and offered me a replacement for just the shipping charge. At least this seems like a fair solution, and I appreciate her persistence in trying to reach me by phone today. I appreciate the fact that Consumer Affairs is there to have our back, and let us give voice to our issues.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

It was a great machine until it wasn’t! I purchased the machine in the fall of 2017, worked great for about a year, and then it had a problem with the CLEAN cycle. I called CS and was walked through the steps 2 times, until I finally got a rep that replaced my main unit only at n/c. Fast forward 1 year...same issue. Called CS again, and walked through steps with them...no luck. I was then told they could replace the unit at a reduced rate, every now and then one slips through the inspection process.

I told them I needed to speak with a Mgr, and they told me I would receive a call back within 4 hours. No call came. I called again yesterday AM. Was told there was a note in the file that they called back, and there was no VM to leave a message. That was an outright lie. Called again yesterday evening, and was told again that I would receive a call back. To date no call. Terrible company with planned obsolescence to make you purchase another product. Quality assurance is not their strong suit.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

Products are made to break. I've had one from 2014 stop suction (although it was weak to begin with) that I exchanged for the same one at bed bath and beyond within 2 years. That one was a junk model so I got another from Sam's Club where the brush roll stopped within 3 months. They exchanged it for NV642. The Nv642 had a hose crack in the bottom within 6 months. Every time I called about the "5 year" warranty they wanted $80 for a new head and lowered the price to 40 after "talking to their manager". These vacuums are made to break. Do not buy them!

Shark Vacuums Company Information