Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Homeowners

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Take a Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Shark Vacuums Reviews

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

Waste of money especially if you have dogs. I wished I had never purchased this vacuum because the hair gets balled up on the roller and if you have a dog like a German Shepherd it's not going to work. I wished I had stuck with a canister vacuum because this is a waste of money for a widow woman living on Social Security. It also moves forward very well but it's hard to move backwards because it wants to continue moving forward so when you pull it backwards they had lifts up off the floor. This is a waste of money.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

I was so excited when I received my vacuum cleaner. I ordered it from QVC. I put it together without issues. It does clean my door carpets which are made of stiff yarn. It is power propelled! It will pull you with it when you are vacuuming. You have to pull back hard with every stroke and it wears a person out. Ok, so it helps me exercise! Then I try to use the extension to clean my walls, etc. Nope. Can’t do it. The hose to the the extension is short and stiff. There is no way I can use it to clean anything on walls, fan blades, windows. When you use the extension wand you do have to carry the lift away part (motor with dust cup) or else it will fall over. If the hose was longer, and more playable it would help.

They also need to figure out a way to balance the lift away so it stays upright when being used to clean with the extension wand. I have to use both hands to try to reach what I can and it angers me every single time when I reach and the lift away falls over. Why would a vacuum be made with a hard short hose? The vacuum also disappoints on edge cleaning. It doesn’t pick up everything against a wall either front or side. I expected so much from this vacuum. If the nozzle hadn’t broken on my previous vacuum I would be using it now. It didn’t disappoint me.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

Shark Vacuum model UV560 (Rotator Professional) has cracked on a flexible host near the handle. On the box and their website said this product carries 5 years warranty that is not include wearable parts like HEPA filter, sponge filter, etc. To most consumers, I'm sure they think vacuum host is under the warranty. Guess what? Shark Rep I talked to said that it's not cover. I search and see that many people encounter the same problem as Shark Rep told everyone who want to claim warrant that only the Motor is covered. What's a JOKE and MISLEADING. BTW, this model is not pet hair friendly vacuum. I have to stop in between my vacuum to manually pull out pet hair from brush head all the time.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

I got a cordless Shark Duo Clean the 29th of November and on January 26 the roller stopped working! Called customer service and they would not honor the warranty (5) yrs or (3) yrs. The 3 yr. warranty was for it being purchased at Kohl's. We had to pay $79.95 for a new head! What a rip-off!.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

I spent 279.99 on a Shark Duoclean. It was great at first, then after only 6 months, the brush motor died. The product came with a 5-year warranty, so I called the company. They said I have to pay 89.99 for a replacement part! What a rip off. Their warranties are a scam.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shark?

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

We love the Shark and its performance. However, when it needs repair your local service centers are unable to purchase parts from Shark. Customer Service is completely ignorant of their own product. What a shame. I don't want a disposable vacuum. I'm afraid I need to look elsewhere for my Shark replacement.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

I loved my Shark. No wires - great suction. Carpets look like new. What's not to love? Until it doesn't work anymore. 18 months old and no suction and cuts out after a minute. Checked the troubleshooting site and cleaned all filters thoroughly and checked wand for obstructions. No joy. So called customer service who promised to send a new part by Tuesday - arrived on Saturday and it was a new filter! Unsurprisingly it didn't work. Complained to customer service who stated they always 'start' with a replacement filter. Nice to know they consider their customers to be idiots. New part arrived today and still doesn't work. So now without a vacuum for three weeks and very fed up. Had a Dyson before and at least they send some around to fix it. Guess I'll be on hold for another fifteen minutes tomorrow. Wonder what part I'll get this time.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

Finally decided to upgrade my vacuum from a cheap Bissell and bought a Shark. The belt broke and I tried to replace but could not find that info in the owners manual. Call customer disservice only to find out you can not replace the belt, you can only replace the whole lower unit for $80 plus shipping. NEVER again will I buy a a shark, I'm going to pick up a new Bissell and replace the parts as needed. Never had a Bissell last less that 8 years (replacing belts, brush bar when needed) and this Shark lasted just over 1 1/2 years??? No thanks!!! I am letting all I know to stay away from this POS company.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

I owned a Dyson Pet Vacuum for 14 years until it finally stopped performing. I decided to give the Shark vacuum a try because of its lower price from a Dyson. As the old saying goes, "You get what you paid for!" That is so true!! There are more negatives I have on rating this vacuum cleaner than positives. Here are my pros vs. cons list:

Pros
        1. Lightweight

2. Canister Capacity

Cons
        1. The power cord is very short. I have a 1,100 square foot condo and I have to keep unplugging the vacuum cleaner into another outlet just to get the job done. The Dyson provides a much lengthier cord.
        2. The power cord runs from the lower portion of the motor base causing you to run over the cord every time you pull back on the vacuum cleaner.
        3. The upright does not stand in its upright position in a sturdy manner. VERY tipsy!! Falls over every time you use the detachment tool.
        4. Speaking of tools, there is NO brush attachment like the Dyson provides.
        5. The tool caddie falls off constantly. VERY ANNOYING!
        6. The brush head is smaller compared to the Dyson, therefore it takes you longer to vacuum the house.

7. OVERALL...POORLY DESIGNED!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

I purchased a Shark vacuum on 9/30/2019 and all of a sudden I have lights flashing and my brushes are not working. So I call and tell them what is going on and they troubleshoot it, but to my surprise it still dont work. Then the lady tells me I need to pay for a new floor part because it is not covered in the warranty and I also needed to pay for shipping. I told the lady absolutely not am I paying anything on a 3 month old vacuum that should not have broken in the first place. Then she said she would waive the fee for the floor part if I would pay for shipping... Are you kidding me right now.

I have two other sharks and love them but after this experience I will never purchase another one. I will go back to my Dyson. At least they stand by their warranty. So just know that if it breaks and it is not the motor YOU WILL PAY A ARM AND LEG FOR THE REPLACEMENT PARTS. Now I am OUT 300.00 and stuck with a broken vacuum. The vacuum I purchased was the Shark Duo. Also if I could of gave 0 stars I would have!

Shark Vacuums Company Information