Shark Vacuums

Shark Vacuums

2.9/5 (855 reviews)

About Shark Vacuums

Shark Vacuums Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shark?

Original review: March 8, 2023

I bought their top end Robot Vacuum, but wrong item was sent to me; it took significant amount of back and forth to even get that recognized, then despite the major inconvenience, no form of compensation was even offered. When I had initially thought I had made a mistake and ordered the wrong one myself, I was immediately offered a 20% discount just to keep the one I received. Then when I discovered that they in fact sent me the cheaper version, not the one I had requested and paid for, at no point did anybody offer me any sort of compensation or discount, to make up for the time wasted and inconvenience caused by their mismanagement. I find this to be very poor customer service, I took my refund and bought a Roomba.

Original review: March 5, 2023

I read the reviews and thought this would be a great vacuum. It is fairly lightweight and it has good maneuverability. It has a lot of suction, too much even, it's hard to vacuum a rug as it will lift it right off the floor, but good on carpet. The two tools that come with it do not have a way to sink/click into the wand and come off while using them. The power cord comes from the bottom of the motor area and is always in the way, have to hold it up when using the vacuum. It is very easy to pull the vacuum over when using the wand. Emptying the canister is tricky, the debris collects at the back of the canister and you have to pull it out by hand most of the time as it gets a bit stuck behind the interior canister. Okay but not great vacuum.

Get buying tips about Vacuum Cleaners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2023

We bought a cordless Shark Vacuum which at first we loved. It was very powerful. Then it literally stopped working. It was under warranty but the company totally ignored us. NOT one response after countless e-mails. We tried calling in and the girl assured me we would get help. NONE given. It is now 1.5 YEARS later and NOT one e-mail or call back. This company should be avoided at all costs. The machine was something like $500 if I recall so not a cheap vacuum.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2023

No way to communicate with them. I been calling for a week by phone and takes over an hour and after that calls drops. I like this brand but service is the VERY BAD now. I turned to another brand. Stay away from this terrible bad customer service,,, good product but very disappointed service.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2022

I bought a Shark Clean Vacuum Robot around 4 months ago via Amazon. It stopped working after 4 months. So I contacted customer care where I spent around 40 minutes which included troubleshooting effort with the customer support person. After that they offered me (as this was still under warranty) a new device (of same model) but they charged me shipping charges of USD $ 25 (I live in Canada so CAD $40). So now I am like why I am being charged as it is not my fault that robot stopped working. I do not recommend this further.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2022

I purchased a Shark Wet/Dry mop machine less than 2 years ago, and the product no longer wet mops. I spent the money to purchase a new water reservoir which apparently wasn't the problem. It is an inside defect which should be the manufacturer's responsibility. I called customer service and because it is out of warranty (90 days) they would not replace the product, or repair it. For the amount of money I spent on this product ($399.00,) it should have lasted more than 1 year or so. They did offer 30% off to purchase another one, but since it was a defective product that failed me, I am not about to spend money over money for another product that may or may not be defective. Very poor responsibility on the manufacturer's side. I would at least have expected them to allow me to return this defective product for a new product since it was a manufacturer's issue and not owner misuse whether it is in or out of warranty. Very disappointed customer.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2022

Not a very good customer service experience. Wanted to return, despite four calls was unable to get return voucher on email. Explain to representative with no help, comments that I will get in 1 hour.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2022

Shark has to be the VERY WORST company to patronize. Customer service is dismal at best (actually non-existent) and when called, refused to give any information concerning tracking. Purchased a brand new cordless from shark and upon receiving, would not even turn on. Then have to wait indefinitely for them to replace. Subsequently will most happily refuse the replacement if they happen to ever get around to sending it. Do what you like...but...be wise and do not patronize this company under any circumstances.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2022

All Shark vacuums are junk. I have had 4 that are crap in the last 4 years. They are junk. Don't buy any shark vacuums. They are junk. Don't buy anything from shark. All they sell is junk. Don't buy anything from them.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

I do not recommend the shark vacuum, or any shark product for that matter. I received this as a gift from my children. They purchased it from Bed Bath and Beyond. I called customer service and my children have called in regards to this matter. When I spoke to customer the first time. The representative actually sighed. I was being respectful and cooperative as I’ve been in sales for over 20 years. Customer service says nothing is covered because the vacuum itself was not purchased directly through Shark. I’ve had the vacuum less than a year. Doesn’t keep a charge. Roller doesn’t stay in, and it sounds horrible. The vacuum sucks. The Warranty doesn’t cover anything. Shark customer service is awful!!!!

Shark author review by Sandy Baker

Shark is a family business in its third generation of ownership. The company makes a diverse range of household products and appliances.

• Lightweight design: Shark Navigator vacuums have lightweight designs that make cleaning easier.

• Customer reviews: Customer reviews on the Shark website help potential buyers decide which models are right for them.

• Available accessories: There are plenty of accessories that make Shark Navigator vacuums useful for cleaning vehicles, stairs, furniture and hard-to-reach surfaces.

• Customer service: Shark has strong customer services that include a lengthy online FAQ, live chat and Web support.

• VIP Warranties: Buyers can add five-year or lifetime warranties to their orders.

by Sandy Baker Contributing Writer

Sandy Baker has written for ConsumerAffairs since 2021. Along with the advice and information her articles provide to consumers, she’s written several books that focus on topics such as retirement planning, bankruptcy, business finance, estate planning and personal credit health.

Shark Vacuums Company Information