Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

ServPro Reviews

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

In May 2019, our home was struck by lightning causing a significant attic fire. We ended with fire, smoke, water and 14+ inches of rain pouring in that night. We had no idea where to start. The unthinkable had just occurred and we were devastated. To top it off, the whole area surrounding us flooded majorly that night. My insurance agent reached out to Servpro of West Fort Bend County to assist. The owner was onsite the very next day to explain how everything works. I was probably irritating by all the questions I had but he happily answered every one of them.

The next 6 days everything salvageable was packed up to be cleaned. There is NO way we could have done it on our own... not physically, mentally or emotionally. Lettie was the lead on our packout along with several others. These angels spent days inventorying everything. We may have been pack rats at that time lol. After our items were removed and the next crew came in to remove sheetrock, carpet, insulation and remediate the dwelling Everyone did great and did exactly what they are supposed to do!

Nearly 7 months later, our home is done and servpro returned our salvaged items. Sure... some things are not perfect but I'm amazed by many items they were able to properly clean. It is MY job to work with the insurance adjuster over a few thing to be added to the contents losses. It was our job to monitor the work as it was completed and ask questions. I believe some reviews here are unfair to Servpro as some complaints are not their job to do. As much as we all wish we lived in a fantasy world where insurance just does what is just and right, that's not reality! Property owners should be accountable as well. This is why I chose to share our experience. Servpro has been an absolute blessing in one of the hardest years of our lives!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

We were selling our oceanfront condo and buyer's inspector determined an interior oceanfront bedroom wall and ceiling had water damage from the floor above. Our real estate agent contacted ServPro to assess the repair. ServPro provided a very reasonable quote for the repair and we authorized the work. ServPro determined the exterior ocean side flashing was failing and the HOA authorized appropriate repair by their contractor.

Once exterior repairs were completed the ServPro team treated exposed interior wall area to prevent mold, replaced all damaged interior wood, installed new sheetrock, reinstalled crown molding, finish painted wall and cleaned up all debris including vacuuming the floor in time to meet an aggressive closing date set by buyer. Entire project (including repairs by HOA contractor) was completed in less than three weeks. ServPro held to their original quoted price even though altering their work plan to meet the accelerated closing date. Our sincere thanks to the entire ServPro team for getting the job done and done right.

Get expert buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I had a small amount of mold in a bedroom due to water damage from a roof leak. I want to say Thank you to Mike, Melissa, and Kenney for their professionalism in getting this small job done in such a timely matter. The carpenter and painter did an excellent job as well. Very pleased.

Original review: June 2, 2019

We had a mold/mildew issue in our shed. We had them come out to double check that we had got it all. The guys came out walked through everything we us and Reassured us that we got it all except for one little spot. They told us that we were doing everything right to prove that it from coming back.

Original review: May 1, 2019

Our home experienced heavy rain storms which resulted in the flooding of our basement. Luckily, ServPro responded to our call immediately and sent a crew out the next day. They had to remove all of our carpets and repair some of our walls but they were very efficient during this unfortunate event. Within the week the basement was usable again and I could not to be more grateful. The crew was also extremely friendly and made me feel comfortable welcoming them into our home. I would certainly recommend this company to anyone who needs repairs to their home.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ServPro?

Original review: April 3, 2020

Broke my closet door and refused to pay. Drove on my grass and neighbor's grass. Refused to give credit for tile and paint work I did. Sent an invoice for $6400 3 weeks later & threatened a lien when questioned.

Original review: March 22, 2020

I had wind and rain damage from a storm and sections of my metal roof were folded back and ServPro sent men to cover roof with a tarp. Rain and snow didn't allow repair for about a month and every big wind blew tarp off. I called servpro each time and no one answered except once so I left messages and a few times they sent men to straighten cover and next wind blew it off and one time they sent 3 men in a car with no equipment and couldn't get on house so they left and didn't return. The tarp was in place about 10% of the time causing further damage and even so they charged full price for tarp use.

Original review: March 13, 2020

I had water leak, Called local ServPro guy. He came. Gave me his card and told me he will charge $5000 to insurance for this work and he started his work. I signed contract on his phone and he told me I will get copy in email. After several complain he send me copy of contract and It was in different company name not Servpro. I called him and he explain me, "Don't worry. It's same company." When my insurance denied my claim he threaten me to send invoice to collection agency and put lien on my house. As per my experience Servpro hire scammer and dishonest people. I will never recommend Servpro to anyone.

Original review: March 5, 2020

Our insurance company has ServPro come to our home after a fire that destroyed our home and killed our special needs daughter! The house and everything in it were deemed to be unsalvageable! The only part left was the basement. There was water but it drained on its own! They charged me $18,000.00! and my insurance Company paid them out of my content money! I would never hire this company! We were unaware of the services they provide or how much it would cost! Hire local people and save yourself thousands of dollars!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

Do no let ServPro of East Dayton do any of the work you need done when it comes to restoration. Our insurance company hired them and they did a terrible job. We asked that nothing was disposed of unless we gave the ok. They disposed of all kinds of things that cannot be replaced that could have been cleaned and preserved. Items were broken like a Barrister shelf, my mother's china, keepsakes and many other items. They lied, cheated, overcharged and in general did not do what they were hired for. They charged insurance good monies for projects that were not complete.

We were told everything would come back clean and ready to be put into our home. I have photos of items that they did not touch and came back with ash all over them. I am heartbroken over items that I cannot replace. I just spent 2 hours searching the internet for a western shadow lamp shade. One is not to be found. In the end this company simply does not care. They are thoughtless and ripoffs. Tanner, the manager over all of this is was disrespectful, lazy and gave the impression of I do not care about you, your problems or your items. I know that we are blessed because we did not lose everything like others have. That is beside the point. If you hire someone to do a job they should be respectful, caring and do the job they are hired to do. Servpro did not do this. I have nothing nice to say about them or the crew's boss.

ServPro Company Information