Find a Home Improvement Contractors partner

Help me decide

3.9/5 (119 ratings)
Find a Home Improvement Contractors partner

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About ServPro

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

ServPro Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ServPro?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ServPro?

Original review: June 12, 2021

After Belfor screwed up mitigating my water damage properly we got another company to come in which was ServPro. They were all amazing and helped us every step of the way. They made sure to be there any phone calls and questions we had. This company has amazing workers that are clean and respectful and they respect the home that they come into. I do not know where we would be without them. They made a miserable situation caused by another company less stressful and upsetting. They didn't complain about how hot it was in the house due to all the work, they just kept chugging along happily and cleaned up everything they did so it was safe for us to stay home. ServPro is amazing and I 100% recommend them to everyone!!!

Original review: June 9, 2021

While out of town on vacation I had a pipe burst under a bathroom sink causing 10,976 gallons of water flood my home over a period of 3 days. Per my water provider I was losing 149 gallons an hour. To understand the amount is is equivalent to a 8ft deep 17 foot long swimming pool. When I returned home to find this at 10:45 at night I was devastated.

My insurance company immediately dispatched Servpro in Martinsville Virginia. They came in and immediately went to work. Explained everything to me and assured me that they would take care of everything and they did. This group of people were awesome! Professional!! Courteous!!!! They took the load of worry and stress off of my shoulders and made this horrific incident okay again. Over the course of a few days they removed all water, all moisture, all damaged material and items and I came back to a clean, DRY and odor free home! I highly recommend this kind group of individuals and I cannot say enough about the care and service I received!

Get buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 7, 2021

On 2/17/21 at 3 a.m. due to extreme freezing temperatures a pipe in our garage burst and pushed water under the wall into the indoor hallway. Within 30 minutes I called a local Oklahoma ServPro branch and many other "like" service companies. ServPro was the first to return my call. Due to the demand for service the local branch was supported by other branches.

While I remained on the waiting list for several other providers, ServPro was the first to notify me they were available. The crew that arrived (Kyle) was courteous and professional. They got busy and removed the carpet padding, set up drying equipment and took care of my mess. They worked around my work schedule and were able and very willing to answer all my questions. They were prompt to get the invoice to my insurance company which was less than they had originally quoted. ServPro provided all the service I needed before I ever got a call back from the other providers. I found them to be professional, honest and hardworking -- during a very stressful situation.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

After a disastrous house fire, the insurance company arranged for Servpro to stabilize and mitigate the building, and suggested we also hire them for reconstruction, which we did. This was a huge job, removing and replacing all the drywall, plaster, floor and much of the subfloor, electrical, plumbing, mechanical. Servpro took care of everything, hiring a general contractor who in turn brought in subs as needed. I found them helpful and communicative, staying in touch throughout the process and respecting our preferences in the numerous decisions necessary.

They were also constructive in dealing with cranky building inspectors. They also handled the cleaning of furniture, books, and some of the other contents. Recovering from a house fire is a miserable experience, but could have been much worse without their help. Note this review is for Servpro franchise #9347, based in Wheaton IL and encompassing several other Servpro operations in the state.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

Thank you very much for introducing me up with Josh ** at SERVPRO, Paradise Valley AZ. I wish I had met him sooner. :) My plumber misdiagnosed the need for the hole in the building (there is no leak). I asked Josh if he had a recommendation for a second opinion and two days later a 2nd expert was at my house to confirm the estimated misdiagnosis and properly determine the problem.

Josh's communication has been superior. He and every member of his team have been friendly and responsive. I manage a sales team of over 100 and know how hard it is to get and keep good talent. In the future when I am asked for a contractor referral Josh ** and his team at Servpro will be my go to guys. Thank you for the intro and for making the choice to have him and his team helping us in the condo complex. Happy holidays!

Lori Cabrillo Square - Scottsdale AZ.

Original review: June 10, 2021

If doing business with Servpro DO NOT trust them. Get everything in writing from measurements, to colors, everything they are going to do right down to the products they are going to use. Better yet just stay away from them. Our homeowners insurance is through USAA subcontracted to Foremost. An insurance claim was initiated Jan. 14, 2021. Insurance agent handling claim is Robert ** in Grand Rapids, MI. Phone number **. Claim number **. A company was hired by our insurance to clean and repair damage. This company is Servpro, 651 Expressway Ct, Gaylord, MI 49735 Phone: (989) 705-2400. Servpro, **, arrived at our home and began work to assess, dry out and pack our belongings on January 16, 2021. We moved into temporary housing on February 10, 2021. After packing and drying was done our house sat for 7 weeks with absolutely no work being done. This was just the beginning of our problems.

Insulation that was removed and placed in back of truck blew all over north side of yard and onto neighbors property. Servpro did not clean that up, my neighbor and I did. Our master bath was painted the wrong color, Servpro fixed that. I found a weak spot in new subfloor, Servpro fixed that. On June 9, 2021 I went to my home as I do daily to feed chickens and Servpro workers were there beginning cabinet installation in kitchen. I told them to stop because all the cabinets were dark grey instead of the white they were supposed to be. I also noticed that new flooring in kitchen is not wall to wall as it was previously, it is only to where about two inches will be under cabinets. I previously spoke with painter about holes still in walls that were not patched prior to painting and was told they did not patch those because cabinets should cover them.

I had ceramic tile and wood laminate floors but chose to go with all vinyl to help get the job done sooner. I also chose cabinets they supposedly have in stock to help speed up the process but as I said previously they brought in the wrong color. I believe I heard one of the workers on the phone with ** say something about spray paint. If they are planning to paint cabinets this is not acceptable. I do not want grey cabinets painted white, I want white cabinets. I asked one of the workers what ** said when he called him and he said that all ** said was oh no, that's not good. I just spoke with ** the project manager with Servpro and he insists I said gray and that he has texts showing I said gray. I have all my texts with Servpro and not once did I say the word gray. We did a design with Pointe Cabinets and Design in Gaylord MI, my husband was there along with ** and the lady who works there. I called her and even she is lying and saying I said gray. She even commented that I said I wanted gray because of my dogs, this is not true!

In a four days this process will be at the five month mark. We could have had a new manufactured home installed in that amount of time and it probably would have cost less. I mentioned this to ** who agreed and said he wished they could do that but that Michigan puts so many restrictions on insurance companies their hand are tied.

Original review: May 28, 2021

Called ServPro in St. Joseph, MO to extract water and put in dehumidifier. They did that ok then put in 30 x 50 basement 28 air movers without discussing cost, I am 74 yrs old on a fixed income. The total bill was $4,183.20. Insurance paid $2011. I now am questioning paying rest. Air movers for 3 days cost $2,362.08. I will pay for extraction and dehumidifiers. Looked on ServPro site and they said one air mover will do 300-400 ft. 28 air movers was too many for 1,500 sq ft. 5 or 6 would have been the better number. I talked to ServPro in St. Joseph and the man said he had a paper saying he could put in up to 30 air movers. Wonder who authorized that? I am the homeowner and I did not!

Original review: April 24, 2021

I lost my home and everything in it in the house fire recently and Serv Pro was Johnny on the spot to help me out as it were... State Farm my insurance company sent them. These people are the epitome of scammers. They don't want you there when they're taking your stuff out and documenting it supposedly...

They tell you it's for your safety- however they want to get you out of there as fast as they can so you don't remember what the hell you had. Then they swoop it up. They tell you they'll take jewelry over here and have it clean. The electronics go here and have it clean. This will be over here. Your documents will dry. They tell you that there's a place for everything and they're going to get it back to you like it never happened... That's exactly what happens like it never happened because they never do a damn thing.

Servpro I worked with claims that he doesn't know anything about that. What jewelry he says... What Electronics??? $30,000 worth of stereo/computer equipment- and a home theater? We didn't notice that when we were in here cleaning up... They promise they will get your things to the appropriate location and back to you within 36 hours... They lost my passport... And claimed they knew nothing about it... They took a lifetime worth of documents that they promised to attempt to dry out and get back to you and they don't have a record of it- because they don't want to deal with it! However they will not let you have it because then- if you become involved you become very aware of what they're doing.

I was promised that Servpro owned their own construction company that was going to come in and rebuild for me. They said that I'd be back in my home in 2 months. During those two months they never went back to my house. They never did anything. He's still sitting there empty... When I call them they claim it's because I haven't paid them?

They're supposed to get paid from the insurance company not me... Yet they called frantically you need to pay us you need to pay us... Like I'm some sort of low-hanging fruit like that they can take advantage of. Their attempt at gaslighting me did not work. I told him that poor planning on his part did not constitute an emergency on mine. They wanted $15,000 for a cleanup and another $25, 000 so they could buy cabinets... It's my fault that they haven't been in there to rebuild because I haven't paid my bill. This is so screwed up on so many levels I just stopped communicating.

Talk about a bunch of malignant narcissist all attempting to incite fear on the victim. They know that if you're damaged or broken enough from having lost everything that you will do exactly what they tell you to because you put your life in their hands. They made sure of that. 10 minutes after the fire was out that I had signed a document that said, "We will take care of everything... We are here for you and we will get you through this." Nothing could have been further from the truth.

There's a class action lawsuit where hundreds of thousands of people have stood in line to sue both Servpro and State Farm because they've teamed up and then they went one step further by telling you that they also have a handy dandy contracting company that's affiliated with them that doesn't exist... I read thousands and thousands of documents that people wrote about their experience with these fraudulent companies. They did get a settlement eventually, however shortly after they were fined and warned that committing another felony by teaming up together was not an option- they did so again. They actually teamed up again the three of them and are back at it. Apparently it was so lucrative that it doesn't matter how badly damaged their reputation is because people trust them when they've lost everything.

Google State Farm to see how good of an insurance company they are and your mouth will drop. By far and away they are the leading failure amongst insurance companies. I lost hundreds of thousands of dollars to this day that I'm aware of, and I'm willing to almost walk away from all of it just to get away from these people it's so toxic. If I have to live on food stamps and public housing then I'll do it because I'm never going to get anything from these people of any substance. As time goes on they become more and more abusive and neglectful...

I've called hundreds of attorneys and apparently this is a subspecialty- bad faith claims, that no one really is educated enough to take on. I'm not saying it's not lucrative, they just don't want to do it... It takes a lot of time and a lot of really powerful lawyers to pull off a successful class action lawsuit. You'd think since they're doing it again that the payout was so good the first time that the lawyers would be standing in line begging for you to come to them so that they could be a part of it... That's not the case they don't want to get involved... It's like no one cares that you exist.

The very people that you hope that are going to be on your team should a disaster strike are the people that rob you blind... It's the most insidious crap I've ever had the displeasure of experiencing. They charged $15,000 for this service- actually all they did was go in and steal my stuff and then charge me for the stealing... I got a $600 bill for the construction dumpster that they used to put all my belongings in so they could drive it away... Fabulous!!!

It seems that all the high dollar items are the ones they have no clue about. The exhaustive list of items that they say they documented are things like: six boxes of generic Jell-O... Three boxes of generic Kleenex from the dollar store. Hundreds of pages like this adding up to be nothing... They don't show you that before they charge the $15,000 though they want you to think that they've got everything handled and that it's all coming back to you nicely and neatly as soon as these other people that they've hired get their ** together. It's never their fault.

The reality is there was never a jeweler, there was never an electronics guy, there was never a document salvaging crew, there wasn't anything except a huge construction dumpster that was loaded with my entire life- that they took home to their families no doubt... It was only when I said I made a police report, and I called a lawyer, that my wedding ring all of a sudden turned up... Ironic isn't it?

Stay as far away from these malignant narcissists as possible... It wasn't losing everything in the fire that has worn me down, it is not 14 months of being immune compromised- and locked up because of a pandemic that his warn me down, it is the response to the loss- That is the loss. Turns out stuff is just stuff... People on the other hand, are monsters. The pandemic been lucrative for them. They blame everything on it must be the pandemic but the jeweler hasn't gotten back to me... If you're wondering- oh god this lady is crazy??? Just google State Farm and Servpro and read about what they have done to their victims... I don't believe in hell- but if there were a place called hell- oh there'd be a special front row seat for these people!!!

Original review: March 24, 2021

I had an appointment with them. It was a long waiting time because of the winter storm. They (Kat **) cancelled the appointment just before the appointment without telling any reason. I called their customer service and was transferred to someone in charge (David **), who said would get to the bottom of it and call me back. However, he never did. I followed up with emails and no reply, either.

Original review: March 12, 2021

As part of the rebuild after a fire ServPro and their framer have charged me for work not performed and work done incorrectly that failed inspection and must be redone. I have been charged for 2 layers of subfloor when only 1 has been installed. Soffit vent installation was never done but I was charged for it. Windows were installed without flashings as per building code and must be redone. The caulking was only partially done for the windows and siding. I was charged for vinyl siding with rigid insulation but was given the cheapest 3 ply Hardie plank available, worth over $5000 less in material. Their foreman tells bald face lies, has raging fits and encouraged me to withhold the fact that my house had dry rot that needed repair from my insurance company.

Their office people are unable to provide documents for my bank even though the bank has tried to help them. I had to provide them myself. They have failed to contact contractors as a general contractor should and left me to do it. The result has been waiting lists that are unnecessary. Their framer Isidro ** gave me a card with a business license number that I am unable to verify, **.

ServPro Company Information