toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

This review is about the repair I had with this company 2 months ago. In short, the whole ordeal from phone call down to technician experience went smoothly. No complaints, bravo.

It's prime time for my sprinkler to have broken obviously with the beating sun out. I'm an ocd hobbyist gardener and like to have my landscaping well maintained. I put a lot of effort into the maintenance so I was pretty upset when my sprinkler system wasn't working. I remembered this was added on to my coverage plan that I had with Secure and gave them a quick call. They handled my repair much better than I'm used to.

This was provided with the purchase of my home, and I am very pleased with the service we received so far and glad that I had it.

We actually had 2 things wrong, the refrigerator and the washer machine stopped working. They came out very quickly, fixed both items and so far so good, very happy. Impressed with the service so far.

I realized one late afternoon that both my toilet and bathroom sink were backed up. Within 2 hours of calling Secure Home Warranty I had a plumber reach out to me to confirm a time. The claims department were very knowledgeable and easy to talk to. So happy I had this plan.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Secure Home Warranty?

I had very bad experience with them. When they sold the policy to me they said everything is covered. But when after few month I had few repairs came up then they said nothing is covered. They said they can't fix faucet leaking handle, they can't cover leaking toilet inside and can't cover clogged drain. If you don't cover all this issues then what else you cover??? Very disappointing. I had to cancel my policy.

After I purchased this warranty in September because a salesman convinced me that this policy was much better than my home warranty with another company, I cancelled my old home warranty and bought two policies with this company. I had a significant plumbing leak in the kitchen and called to see if they could assist. The representative opened a claim and said a plumber would call. No one called back at all. The next day I called and reminded them that I had water all over the kitchen. They said to get my own plumber and to file a claim later. I called a local plumber; he fixed it in a few hours and I paid out of pocket. I eventually received an email from Secure Home three days later to tell me that a plumber had been assigned (thank you for nothing). As instructed, I filed a claim and it was denied. I was out $150.

Then in December I had a problem with the heat. It was 30 degrees out. I called Secure Home and they said they would assign a technician. No one called me back at all. The house was too cold and I was afraid the pipes would freeze. So I called again and they said to get my own technician and to file the claim later. So I did because I had no choice. I filed the claim afterward, and it was denied. Now I was out $1100 to replace the fan motor and capacitor.

Home warranty refused to cover both claims filed. I requested that both of my policies with this company be canceled and that all my money be refunded since I didn't use any of the benefits from my coverage and since it looked like this was a scam. I checked the reviews for this company online. Reputable review places have dozens of reviews claiming that this company is fraudulent; see Yelp, Google, and BBB. Then there are the other sites where all the reviews are five stars and look the same over and over. Something is not right with this company. So I called Secure Home again. The representative (Jarred) told me that someone would call me back the same day. On the 28th of December, no one called me at all. I called again on 07 JAN 2017, and the representative (Sharla) told me someone would call me back right away, and no one did. I sent an email on 07 JAN 2017 and received no response.

On 11 JAN I received a phone call saying that my policy was canceled and that I would get a pro-rated refund, deducting the time I was "covered" by the policy. It seems like this is their business model. They don't cover anything and when people complain, they provide a pro-rated refund and keep the difference, when they provided no actual service. It is now 29 JAN and I still haven't been refunded by this company. Now I am out $1,250 in damages, and $900 for the policy.

Although I was skeptical, my wife was able to say "I told you so" when we had our central heat system fixed in our home. Secure Home sent for the fix the same day that we called and covered what would have been an expensive repair for us. Thanks for all the help!

I have had two repairs since purchasing home in May 2016. Both times Secure Home Warranty has not covered the cost of my repairs. First was on an icemaker in my refrigerator. They wanted me to pay around $200 saying that all of the components are not covered. Second repair is on a cooktop. It is a high-end appliance and one of the burners is not working. They will only cover $226 of the repairs that is over $400. They state that it is due to the age of the appliance.

They have their own way of depreciating the value of your appliances. Nowhere in the warranty does it state they are depreciating the value of your appliances. To replace the cooktop it is over $1400 from same manufacturer and type. They should state they will only go on their value of your appliances before taking your money for this worthless warranty. You are better off paying a higher co-pay and know your appliances are covered. STAY AWAY FROM THIS HORRIBLE COMPANY!!!

I live in Indiana and managed properties in the state. What shocked me about Secure was that they were willing to work with all of my properties regardless of the different tenants that rent out. The claims work as follows: my tenant calls Secure if they come across any problems in the house/unit. If it's a big repair then Secure reaches out to me to see what the best option is. But for small claims like a faucet fix or a microwave fix I don't have to get involved and am covered which saves me a lot of time. We have great understanding and plan to continue this good relationship with Secure.

We had the worst plumbing crisis too close to holiday season and it was a life saver that Secure was able to respond so quickly. I decided I will be renewing my two year this coming February, I've tried the other companies and secure is most accommodating so far.

I was on the fence with many different providers for a while before choosing Secure Home as my home warranty. I ended up sticking with Secure because they have overall convenience and are reliable. I'm not so great with computers either so it's good for me to speak to someone over the phone like I did recently when I arranged for my cooking range to be fixed. The woman I spoke to set up the repair for the following business day and was definitely helpful.

It was about 3 weeks back when I had to phone in to Secure Home's claim appeal line in order to place a request for a repair on my electric garage door rig. I was quickly put in touch with the handyman company and was sent some help. Basically to sum up the technician corrected it and made sure it was working properly.

I had service for repair scheduled on 10/02 and at around 2 in that afternoon I had a nice man arrive to start work on my ductwork lining in my home, he fixed the issue in two days and on top of the quick repair I was also covered for costs that would have been a pain if I didn't have this plan.

I had a big leak coming into my breakfast room in my home and I was glad I had coverage under this provider as my sister-in-law told me that they do same day repairs. This was exactly what I got as well, since the leak had to be dealt with quickly enough. So great. Thank you!

The only problem I had was that I called in twice because I couldn't receive the contractor at my home due to work. But that being said they were very accommodating to reschedule me for a repair on my standalone freezer in my basement. I will recommend to my friends at work.

We booked this service with Secure Home when we moved into our first house in America, my wife and I being from England. So far we've had wonderful experiences as customers with Secure Home. They have managed to set repair on our electrical box unit most recently and everything down to the brevity of the process was delightful.

They talk well and tell different things covered. I was told that roof leaks are covered and up to 3 leaks will be covered but when actually I had a leak, they told that nothing of that sort is in the policy. They will only cover once to fix interiors up to $150. Doesn't matter what it takes to fix the leak. The representative Tim who talked over phone was very rude and carelessly talking... contradicting his own statements. These are really fraud. They are good till you don't have any claims. I gave almost $100 more to cover my sewage system but when it malfunctioned they told the piece that malfunctioned is not covered. Nothing is written in the policy that says the piece is not covered.

I called them for the first time regarding an HVAC problem and was told they would have a local contractor call me to set up a repair visit. After two days with no phone call I called back and was told they couldn't find a contractor and it was up to me to find one. I would have to be reimbursed for the cost of the expense. I called a local contractor - set up service - had service approved and the work was completed. I was told to submit my receipt and would be reimbursed within 10 - 14 days. 7 WEEKS LATER - I realized I had not received my reimbursement. I called on a 12/19/2016. Was told 'so, sorry - we need to send you a form authorizing the reimbursement. Sign it and return it and within 10 - 14 days you will have your check - we will have the form to you within 24 hours'.

Flash forward 24 hours - no form. 2nd call 12/20- 'so sorry, we will have the form to you by the end of business today. I will personally take this to the claims supervisor'. NO FORM... Now it's the 21st. I call yet again - Finally had a representative walk through the process for me and I had the form before we got off the phone. HOWEVER - I was then told that due to the Holidays and since we are extremely busy it will be up to 30 days before I receive my check. So to recap - I had to set up and pay for my own service and Secure Home Warranty is still holding on to my money 7 weeks later with at least another 3 to 4 weeks to go before I get paid back. In the meantime, I am incurring interest on my credit card which I will not be getting paid back for. VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!

I didn't have to wok hard to get my claim through and Secure was super accomodating with fixing my sink garbage disposal unit. What was even more essential was the fact that I was speaking with real people over the phone which helped me get my repair done without any postponing.

I can't believe this company is rated more than 1 star. They told me all my appliances were covered in their Elite program. I had a problem with icing and my ice maker not making ice. After many call and talking to an answering service they finally assigned me a technician. The technician came to the house spent about five minutes and asked for his fee. He says he will order parts and fix it. I never hear again from anyone for another 2 days. I call vendor says Secure would not cover the problem. I call the company and they tell out of courtesy they would cover a couple of cheap parts but I need to pay $230 for parts and installation. I have several warranty company over 30 years and never heard of such a thing. I asked why did I need to buy a policy if they didn't fix the problem. This company is a scam and buyers beware. I asked the vendor and they said get a different warranty company.

10 days ago, we noticed spraying water from an outside line which we think may be somehow connected to the washing machine drain cycle, but since we are not plumbers, we do not know for sure and feel it's something a professional should check into. I contacted Secure Home at the number they provided on our contract and was told that I would hear back from someone within the hour. I heard nothing from ANYONE... and it's been 10 days. I called the number again just a few minutes ago and got their off hour answering service.

The lady (Katina) was quite rude and condescending, and suggested I call them back on Monday during their business hours. (Still unsure what purpose she serves.) I am extremely dissatisfied with this company, and I even wonder if they're legit. I am contacting the BBB. In the meantime, I can't contact a plumber on my own, because if I do, I can't use the home warranty coverage (if I even really have it.) I will NEVER recommend this company. They are obviously not concerned with providing quick service, and employ an answering service that is both unprofessional, and discourteous.

I researched for several months home warranty companies. Based on the reviews and all I found on-line, I decided to go with Secure Home Warranty (SHW). Let me explain to you two bad experiences and examples of what I have been through. First, it took me from July 31, 2016, to December 15, 2016, to get my garage door replaced (paying $297.50 in installation, for a panel inside garage to lock it and an additional opener which my other garage door opener had so replacement is not comparable). It took 4 trip charges for two different garage door companies to try and locate the problem.

Second, when I had an AC company come out and do the annual check up for my two AC units, I was advised that I had 3 capacitors that needed to be replaced in the larger unit and that I had to buy a plan and then I could get service, being around $700-800. When I went to SHW to get them to cover the repair, they asked for my last 3 years of proof for annual maintenance or they would only cover $150. I asked them why because NOWHERE does it state you need these records for any repair to be done in the contract or on the website. They could not ever tell me where that is stated.

We negotiated $400 rather than the $150 to which I could get it fixed and file a claim. I had a friend whose nephew owns his own AC company and he did the replacement for 1 capacitor at a total of $150. He advised me that my unit only has 2 capacitors but only one needed to be replaced. SHW sent me an email with a claim to complete and said quote 'you will receive your reimbursement in 7-14 days.' I filed my claim on November 5, 2016, and still do not have my check. So there you have it. Now you decide!

Let me just say that the repair team working for this company really ties it down. Making this provider my personal favorite to this day. On my last service call I had repairs done on both my stove and one faucet in a bathroom. The technician was able to take car of both repairs. He moved quickly too.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Dec. 21, 2016

After talking with their claim department again, they have agreed to repair my dishwasher.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

So when I bought my policy through Secure Home Warranty, they were very clear about the process and how they would replace items they couldn't repair. They even stated they would try to get the same make and model as a replacement. This is all a lie and bait and switch. My dishwasher, which is a very nice Kitchenaid with stainless steel tub and retails over $800 is broken. The repair will cost $384. They refuse to repair and have offered me $250 to replace. It is only 5 years old. And I cannot replace for that amount. I am infuriated that they do not do what they say. And get this - since I had them on the phone, I asked what would happen if my furnace died. They said I would have to provide 3 years worth of service records showing the recommended manufacturers maintenance from a certified HVAC person and then they would consider covering it. You don't get the policy or fine print from their sales pitch or on any of their materials. So buyer beware!

I paid for a full year the beginning of September 2016, with the promise that this company repairs and replaces equipment. Last Saturday my hot water heater broke, and I called it in Sunday, but never heard from them. So Monday morning I called again and they had no record of my speaking to them. They finally sent someone out, after I personally paid my handyman to come out and at least turn off the unit. The technician was not familiar with Secure warranty and said they had never used them before, but the company they hired was Pure Plumbing for this job. The tech said the unit had to be replaced.

I spent hours on the telephone and this is what I was told... "You don't expect us to pay over $1100 to replace your water heater when you only paid us $597 for the year." He also said that the tech had confirmed that the heater had corrosion as the tech looked under the heater. That was impossible for two reasons... First I was with the tech the entire time and at no time did he try to lift the unit. And secondly, we built a metal shelf to hold the water heater and since it was flat to the shelf, I don't know how he could have lifted it to see corrosion. My handyman said it was not corroded, as the water was not stained at all. The bottom line is that Secure Home Warranty will say and do anything not to replace. I called this morning for a refund, so I will wait to see how much money they return... I'm not expecting much from this company that lies about their service policies. No one should deal with them as they are not a reputable firm.

I signed up with Secure Home Warranty about six months ago. The first claim I had was for a fan motor on my air conditioning unit. The claim was denied. They said I had not fulfilled the 90 day waiting period while the policy said the effective date was 30 days from the date of payment. I question the fact that it had been over 90 days since the date of payment. I was told that the 90 day waiting period did not begin until after the 30 day waiting period so I'm essentially it was 120 day waiting period.

Now I've had a problem with the compressor on my furnace. The compressor failed which the policy explicitly says compressors are covered. However, when I filed the claim they denied the claim saying it was caused by an electrical short. The service man they sent said there was no other way for a compressor, being a sealed unit, to fail. I would strongly recommend any other home warranty company other than Secure Home Warranty if you have any desire to have problems covered.

I had a claim in September in which secure home warranty dispatched for repair of a roof leak on the 17th (I called in on the 16th a day before). It was fair and well managed company that seemed to truly care to get my claim over and done with.

Had a notable claim with this provider. I called the toll number up right when I discovered the error and the employee at Secure helped get my situation handled. They were courteous and got my built in microwave oven fixed the next day!

I've had a handful of claims over these past 7 months. My most recent with a repair serviced to my clothes dryer. Here's my assessment... Secure home will do their best to make sure you're happy at the least. They try to service and dispatch as soon as is possible, the longest time I had to wait was about 3 days. But that was only once. The rest of the other repairs were either done day of or the following day. I was impressed with their quick responses and customer care team over the phones.

Secure Home Warranty Company Profile