Secure Home Warranty

At Secure Home, we know that unexpected repairs on a home can put a strain on your wallet, while also causing unnecessary stress. We put you in the very best hands with our extensive warranty plans, and our consultants, who are available 24/7 to assist you. Providing coverage for heating, electrical, plumbing and appliances helps give you peace of mind knowing that you're always just a phone call away from avoiding a costly repair. All of our contractors are graded on a satisfaction survey from our customers, so you can rest easy knowing our network is comprised of only the best and most trusted. Call us today for a quote!

Compare Home Warranties, Service Plans

Research top Home Warranties, Service Plans recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I paid $400 for a year of home warranty from "Secure Home Warranty". I finally call them because my central a/c unit conked out. They have been giving such a runaround and no service. They surely took my money though. The temperatures here in Arizona are still in the triple digits in my area so I'm really in a bind. I'm a sick, disabled woman and I need my a/c unit running. even my poor dog is suffering badly in this heat. I keep calling and calling and after numerous calls and being on hold for 20 or 30 minutes, I get nothing from these crooks. This is so unfair. Either I get my a/c fixed or I want my money back!

Do not... I repeat do not do business with Secure Home Warranty unless you want to experience a great deal of frustration and what can only be described as the worst customer service ever!! I purchased a five year contract for $2500.00 when we first purchased our home last year. I did this for peace of mind when it came to home appliance repairs. When our $2800.00 refrigerator gave out they offered us only $300.00 and would not even consider replacing it even though the repairman that they sent out told them that they should replace it. When they refused to replace our refrigerator I immediately contacted them and demanded a refund on the final four years of my contract. It has now been more than four months since I first asked for a refund and I cannot begin to tell you all of the... that this company has put me through including countless hours on hold waiting for someone to respond and so many emails that I have lost count.

On two occasions I have received two calls from Secure Home Warranty, one from Angie and one from Scott, when I spoke with Angie I was informed that a check was going to be going out on the following Friday which did not occur. When Scott called me on a Friday he told me that he was going to personally process my refund on Monday and that he would email me with check information. He never did call me. When I spoke with Scott he asked me what I was going to do about the complaints that I filed with the BBB and the State Insurance Commissioner? I told him when I received my refund and the check cleared the bank I would withdraw my complaints. To which he stated, "OH". Since that time I have called Secure Home Warranty every day and continue to email five different individuals at Secure Home Warranty each and every day with no response. As of yet I am still waiting very impatiently for my refund of almost $2000,00.

If it were possible to give 0 stars, I would have. This company is by far the worst company I've ever dealt with when it comes to customer service. This claim, specific claim is from December 2016. In February 2017, I sent a form to sign and return, which I did on April 5, 2017. On the form, it said the check would arrive within 30 days. I have been calling this company since June 2017 about my check. I can't tell you how many people I've talked to, how many times I was told someone would call me back to discuss, how many email addresses I've been given to inquire about this and how many times I've been told that the check will be mailed out on Friday. No one has ever called me back, none of my emails have ever been returned and none of the voicemail message I have left have ever been responded to.

I just spoke to a "supervisor" telling me that he will call me back on Friday at 1:00 p.m. eastern time to give me the number on the check that will be mailed out that day along with a picture of said check. Needless to say, I'm not holding my breath. This is by far the worst customer service I have EVER dealt with. And that's saying a lot because there is some really crappy customer service out there these days. I promise this company is the worst. Save your money, save your time, and save your sanity. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY! You're welcome for this public service announcement.

I placed a service call for AC repair in July 2017 and was informed I would be contacted by a repair company within 48 hours (2 business days). 3 days later I still had not been assigned a repair company so I called Secure Home Warranty again to follow up. I was informed that they were behind but assured that I would be assigned a company within 24 hours. Well, 48 hours later I again called and got the run around and apologies... "We're sorry, we don't know what happened." I then asked for a full refund for breach of contract and I was unhappy with their service. Well, again after hard work on my part and getting the run around (again, multiple emails, phone calls, phone messages) I was told I would be getting a prorated refund minus a 75 dollar cancellation fee within 30 days. It's been almost 45 days and still no check. This company is so poorly run I will never use them and tell everyone to stay away!

Last year when I had a plumbing issue and contacted SHW customer service took my call and days later no claim number. Had to get me sales rep involved and he processed the claim and the plumbing problems was resolved. Friday August 18, after hours of course, I started having issues with my AC. I left a message with all my contact details in HOPING someone from SHW would call me back on Monday. Crickets, nothing! Tuesday morning rolled around so I left a message for me sales rep. Again, crickets, nothing! Here it is Wednesday morning at 8:10 am CST, 9:10 EST, so I call for a THIRD time. And of course I get the recorded message... So I left a THIRD message with all my contact details.

Word to the wise save your money and DO NOT do business with this company!!! They are good at taking your money and then when you need to use your warranty NO ONE is around to help you!! I WILL NOT be giving them my business when this warranty expires. The sad part is, I did my homework and researched this company before I gave them my business based on their customer service reviews. Needless to say, I didn't experience this grief and aggravation when I was doing business with Home Security of America!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Secure Home Warranty?

I switched to this company in December 2016 and I couldn't regret this decision more! I signed up for 3 free service calls, 15 months of service instead of 12, 24 hr a day access to a service person and no more than 48 hours before my service would take place. All of the reviews were great for this company until February 2017 and after I paid $549.00 for my warranty service. It was hot in Las Vegas and my downstairs ac was not cooling like it should have so I called to get someone out to fix it. When told to press 2 for service which I did, the message would state that I reached an unmonitored extension. I tried all the extensions and the same thing would happen. I tried to contact them every week until May when it got really hot again and I needed to use my ac.

This time I contacted the salesman Frank, who I'd signed up with. He gave me some story about there being a flood in the office in February and the phone lines were down. He told me he was the only one in the office and that I needed to try to call service again. I told him that I'd been trying to contact them since the end of February and what the message said. He got loud and angry and told me he was in sales not service. I reminded him that I purchased the warranty from him not service and he hung up. I emailed him and demanded my money back and he refused.

I emailed him again and this was the response... “It’s either already in the mail on the way to you, or it’s being mailed out on Friday of this week at the latest. I can't tell which because I am sales department not billing, but definitely know it’s not later than this Friday being mailed. To be 100% sure, I even emailed Angie, our billing manager, advising her to check the inquiry for me and she is aware of it, so if it’s not already mailed (which it may be) then it will be surely mailed by Friday at the latest.”

A man named Scott that sounded just like Frank called a few days later and said they would reimburse me if I have an outside company come out and fix my ac unit. I told him I already did this to the tune of $825.00 and he told me to submit the billing which I submitted as instructed but I haven't seen a penny. I contacted Frank again and demanded my $549.00 refund and he transferred me to the billing department. The person I spoke to said they would request the refund and I should have it in 6 to 8 weeks. I have yet to receive that money.

Now we are in August, no refund of my premium, no reimbursement for my $825.00 that I submitted for my ac unit that they should have covered and now my other ac unit isn't working in the 110 Las Vegas heat. I called to see if my account was still active and it was and the rep, who sounded like Frank, told me he would put my claim in for me. Of course the rep said they are extremely overwhelmed with calls and they said it would be 72 hours before someone would be able to contact me. I told him that my contract stated that it would be 48 hrs and that 72 hours to be contacted wasn't acceptable. The rep told me he'd "authorize" me "to use an outside company" and that I could "submit the bill for reimbursement". I told him I already did that with the last bill and I haven't received my money.

He asked me to send him the bill which I did, and when I contact him to make sure he received it of course he told me he hadn't. I'm not surprised! I was contacted 5 days after I called for service and was told someone will be out soon. I've seen all the reviews from people going through the same issues of no service or if they did get contacted that the company wouldn't do work for Secure Home Warranty because they don't get paid. I've contacted the Better Business Bureau and nothing has been done to shut this company down.

I have had nothing but headaches with this company. They were supposed to replace my stove top and never did. I had a plumbing problem and they wiggled out of that also. My heater started having problems and they wiggled out of that too. So I stopped calling them for anything since I know they will not fix anything.

Our garbage disposer failed to work. Secure Home Warranty informed me to get a new one, install it myself and submit the receipt for reimbursement. It's been three weeks and nothing happened. No correspondence - no reimbursement, simply nothing. Another claim, our ice maker stopped making ice. Secure Home Warranty registered the claim, and nothing happened. After many frustrating calls, they came up with a contractor who supposed to do the job. A day later, the contractor contacted me and rejected the job based on outstanding payments from an earlier job for Secure Home Warranty.

Two weeks after registering the claim, no response from Secure Home Warranty, no willingness to resolve, simply nothing. Now, I will get legal services to get out of the contract and get my money back. I know, the conditions of Secure Home Warranty looks great on paper; in reality, however it is not a company you should/ can trust. Be advised to stay away!

I purchased a home warranty and have only made one small claim. This company has been giving me the run around for 2 months now! Phone call after phone call, they keep assuring me they are taking care of things, but nothing ever gets done. They give me excuse after excuse and it has become a ridiculous process. A ceiling fan needed to be replaced; they only cover cost of fan, they don't help with any installation and even getting the cost of the fan reimbursed has been nothing but a hassle. I am incredibly disappointed.

I live in Southern California, Inland Empire. The summer temperature is not pleasant. My A/C unfortunately broke last Thursday night (7/28/2017) and I called Secure Home Warranty the following morning (Friday, 7/29/2017). I was told that they would contact me within 24-48 hours to schedule a technician, excluding weekends and holidays, and the company works on EST, so they close at 4 PM my time. I have two toddlers and we bared with the mid-90 temperature all weekend and slept on the living room floor. Monday (7/31/2017) came and gone, no one called. Tuesday (8/1/2017) after I made several phone calls to the company, I finally reached a representative. I told the representative (a male) when I last called for service and how no one called me within the time frame, and mentioned my local temperature.

The male representative's response was that, at least I wasn't living in Florida where temperature gets to 115 F at 10 am! WOW!! I'm not sure how Florida's temperature helps with my broken A/C?! Unprofessional! Then he proceeded to tell me that their technicians were backlogged (that would be nice to know 4 days ago, when I first filed the claim!). The representative told me I could hire my own licensed technician to evaluate the problem, once they find out the issue, I should give Secure Home a call on the spot, to see if Secure Home covers the issue.

This sounds fine ONLY IF Secure Home is really easy to reach! I had to call three times this morning (8/1/2017) (@0607 AM (PST) waited 12 min before the call went to an answering machine, @0620 AM (PST) waited 12min 26sec before my call was disconnected automatically, @1048 AM (PST) finally reached a human operator, I'm not sure if the technician I hire would have the patience for me to try to reach someone at Secure Home, not to mention everything has to be done before 4 PM. Secure Home Warranty is horrible if you have an issue that needs to be fixed immediately. Hopefully they cover whatever's wrong with my A/C, if not, I'm sure they cover Zombie Apocalypse!

Secure Home Warranty is a scam. I paid $1750 for a Home Warranty, last December, and made one recent claim on a dishwasher. I've spent two weeks and numerous hours on the phone, with no results. I've been hung up on, spoken to rudely, and have been told the same thing every day, that all their contractors were overbooked, and for me to call my own and they would reimburse. Glad I didn't go that route after reading these reviews, since they are not paying contractors for work. I've contacted my credit card company and I hope this resolves it. Also lodged complaint with BBB. Stay away from this company.

I have made one claim for my microwave with Secure Home Warranty and they denied it. NOW I am dealing with Secure Home Warranty right now with my refrigerator. I am on day 13 with no refrigerator. Secure Home Warranty said their service technicians were too busy so we needed to get our own, which we did right away. I sent them the diagnosis and estimate last Friday and called to confirm they received it, which they said no! So I sent it again on Monday and confirmed they received it. They said they had to send it for review because the compressor went out on the 2 year old Kenmore refrigerator which is going to cost $1,200+ to repair. I have called (always on hold for 15 to 45 minutes) and emailed NUMEROUS TIMES every day and have gotten nowhere!

I switched to this warranty company last year from Old Republic which was a big mistake because they were great! I figured all warranty companies were probably about the same and Secure Home Warranty was about $150 less than what I was paying Old Republic. Well I learned it sure wasn’t worth saving $150! What a HORRIBLE WORTHLESS SCAM OF A COMPANY! I would love to see a class action law suit against this scam artist company!!! I regret not staying with Old Republic!

If I could give this company less than a star I would! They have not honored anything that was promised on initial setup! When making a claim you are forced to stay on hold for 15-20+ minutes. I filed one claim with them and there were promises to get back with me and no one ever did. I had to basically call and harass them only for them to tell me that they are still not going to cover the hot water tank repair. If you can spare yourself the headache please do and go someplace else!

Did not honor a simple plumbing claim. Instead, despite of being with them for more than a year, offered small amount of claim and let us deal with most of the expenses on our own. The reason we pay for home warranty is to cover/ensure is from those costly repairs.

We purchased a home warranty policy from Secure Home Warranty in February 2017. We were given all kinds of promises that our first $75.00 service call would be free, that this policy was exactly the same as American Home Shield's (which we had in the past), and that they were open 24 hours a day for service calls. We paid $499.00 for the policy and none of the things that we were told were true. #1 I could find a call center when our washing machine had problems. When I did, they said they "couldn't honor the $75.00 free service call; they also said that if it went over $500. we'd have to pay the difference. We weren't sent a cancellation page in the contract.

When I contacted the 'Sales Manager, F. ** (his initials, but we call him something else with these initials!!), he was rude, obnoxious, and gave us wrong telephone # to call for service. I could go on & on and have learned from a Manager that had to deal with taking calls about Secure Home Warranty, that many, many people have been scammed by this company. PLEASE, DO NOT - REPEAT - DO NOT, BUY OR HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS COMPANY. We have now filed a claim with our credit card company and hope that we can get our money back.

I have a 4 year policy, made first claim as my pool system failed. I called on Wednesday and got their answering service and was promised an email within 24 hours with the name of the vendor who would come out to check the pool. Thursday came and no email so I called and was told to get my own vendor if I wanted and submit a bill to them as they could not find a vendor. I was told that I would get a call Friday to update me on their search but never received an email or call. The following Monday I called and was promised the name of the vendor who would come out, which I did receive an email. However the vendor never called me.

Finally on Friday I called the vendor and was told by the vendor that they got a message from Secure Home Warranty to handle my call but they do not do work for Secure because of a past issue on getting paid. The vendor tried to call Secure the day they got the message to service my pool but could never get someone to answer. The vendor said they had to waste time being a collection agency to finally get paid. I ended up having to get my own vendor. If I could rate Secure Home Warranty lower than a score of one, I would. Never had this issue with American Home Shield, more costly but I got service.

This is the worst warranty company I have ever dealt with (and I've owned many homes with warranties). First, the company advertised that you could reach customer service 24hrs... They are open 9-7 M-F. Second, I sat on hold for 35mins to only get a recording... After leaving a message and an email, I got NO response. Third, after filing the claim I was told I'd receive a confirmation email (didn't happen). Had to call them back a few hours later only to find out that they are so backed up that I wouldn't any confirmation or response for at least 24hrs and was told that I could get my own ac tech to come out and pay for it myself... They'll reimburse me IF they would normally cover what is found to be wrong. When asked to speak with a manager I was given two extensions to try but was warned that nobody is there to speak with. So here I sit 4 days later with no ac in 115 degree heat still trying to figure things out with very little help from this company that I paid.

Updated on 7/12/2017: As previously stated my ac went out on 7/7, as of 7/10 I had gotten little help. Now 7/12 and still nothing has been done... no email or phone call. I have called the company numerous times and last time was told that the reason they are no longer available 24hrs is because they terminated the contract with the company that serviced their after hour calls and are looking to hire another company (this probably should've been figured out before terminating the other company). I was also told that I need 3yrs of maintenance records, when I told them that I only owned the home for 2yrs I was told "you be surprised what you can find out with a little research" and then advised to call the Listing Realtor to ask if she could get in touch with the previous owners to get the records. If I cannot produce the records they will only cover $150 of the ac replacement, if I can produce the records they will only cover $2000 towards the replacement.

Meanwhile temps are still over a hundred degrees. I am truly blown away by the way this is being handled and believe that their attitude is pretty much, as long as we put them off they will eventually just pay for it themselves (which is what we are now doing) because who has the time to research something like this while your family is burning up in your home with no ac and record breaking heat. To anyone looking for a home warranty, I would advise to ask A LOT of questions, get referrals from friends and family AND most of all do not purchase a warranty from this company.

I am not sure how they got so many good reviews. It's a fraud company... when you put a claim they deliberately delay in sending the service technician saying they are not finding anyone. They ask you to get one and then they find some excuses not to pay for it. For about 5 months they vanished and didn't picked up any call or responded to emails. Horrible experience and stay away from this company. If you have used credit card, dispute and get your money back. They have cheated me and one of my friend who I referred.

Because of the good rating SHW was given I purchased a 2 1/2 year policy (including pool and fridge) last year. I was careful to compare the ratings and the offerings. Also the reviews were pretty good. But I felt something strange right at the beginning when it took forever to get an answer to my first and only claim. I did get a small partial refund (after 6 months, innumerable phone calls, and taking care of the repairs myself). Now I have a new claim, I've been on the phone for a long time and then was sent to a voicemail saying that the call will be returned tomorrow. I'm not going to hold my breath. My issue is not only with SHW (all the reviews of the last few months are one star, prior to that all 5 star, how is that possible?) but also with the rating SHW got! How to trust rating companies? If you are looking for a home insurance, you are lucky they don't answer the phone anymore.

This company is an absolute joke. I would not believe one of the reviews that is positive, because this is an absolute SCAM. I have had this plan since July 2016 and in that time I tried to call for service between January 2017 thru late April of 2017, but would only get an answering service with no callback. Eventually the answering service ceased to exist and the phone would ring and then disconnect.

I eventually made contact around May and they said the phone lines were down, but tried to say I never called because they did not get the message (almost 20+ calls were made and at least 8 messages left with the answering service). In May I had an issue with a faucet that was leaking in the tub. To my surprise apparently leaking faucets are not covered as the initial salesperson stated. The person I spoke with stated, "Yeah we had trouble with that salesman. He was a real idiot and we had to let him go." Further stated there was nothing they could do.

I then called yesterday, due to my hot water heater no longer heating and a subsequent flood in my garage from the unit. I called and was told this was not covered as it was not a mechanical issue. They would not consider the unit no longer heating the water and said the flooding was an inevitability. DO NOT waste your money on this company and find one that is reputable. (The plan I bought was allegedly their top of the line plan.) Avoid this company like the plague!!!

One way to get refund, if you paid by credit card then talk to your credit card company and let them know that they are not answering or denying claims against their own contract. As long as your policy is not expired, you can get refund. Also, Consumer Affairs should not give them 4.5 stars, all the good reviews are fake because at the bottom of their own contract they said that will NOT pay anything more than the parts not even for the guy who will come and do the repair. So no one can be happy that company pays $50 for the part and you pay $400 for labor and you also pay service call fee for the technician to come in and for $45 you only get handymen or someone new in the business and not real technicians.

I had two policies with them: They denied my fridge claim and after fighting with them for good 2 weeks they said they will only pay $250 and only if I get new fridge because they can't repair this one. BS! It cost me $1300 to get a new fridge. They approved my bath claim for $330 for parts only where it was $700 job. They haven't paid me anything at all, just promises which I am tired of. Whenever I called, either no answer or person picks up says we have outages. Finally called my CC and they said that I can dispute and they will handle everything.

I unfortunately closed on a home that had a policy for the first year with this company on many appliances. The washer started to go and I filed a claim over 3 months ago. Only to be contacted at the end of April and told they will only approved up to $250.00 of the cost even though they did not follow thru on detail of the repair. I purchased a new washer as instructed, have sent the invoice and when trying to follow up was told by claims manager ANTONIO (who refuses to provide his last name or any superior info) that he does not need to service me, I can sue if I want and they do not care that they did not service me. He was rude and inappropriate. Used foul language and disconnected the call. I can not believe this company is still in business. Do NOT EVER take out a policy with these horrible people.

I called multiple times to the company stated number (1888-825-2621) but sometimes it is responded by some phone operator. They said, company got sold and it is in the middle of transfer. They all my information and issue and said someone from the company will contact me about this issue in 24 to 48 hours. I called ~ 100+ time and it is been more than 2 months, no response yet. I even complained at BBB website and no response from BBB as well. A company taking money from regular home owners and disappearing. No one there question this behavior. I paid in full to this company and they even didn't do one service. There is no zero star option. That is why I gave one star.

I took out this home cover just over a year ago for a period of two years paying $700.00. Today was the first time I had to call them to file a claim. Tries the telephone number on the policy and kept getting disconnected. I must have tried every extension stated and also sent an email. I then thought, "Let me see the reviews for this company" and OMG could not believe that since April this year so many other customers have experienced exactly the same thing. What do I now do as I have no idea and need my money back. Companies like these give other reputable companies a bad name. You would not believe that this same company kept calling me several times this year trying to get me to make a policy out. I had to inform them every time that I already was insured with them.

Agent lied about the cancellation policy, and did not disclose that the policy could not be cancelled, if the selling detail facts were false, or that there was a 90 days waiting period allowed for the first claim. Also that the 90 days begin 30 days after the effective policy date! This means that you're not covered for the first 120 days!!! The contract policy was not sent to me until I called several times. By the time I received it (3 mos. had elapsed), I found that the clauses were unacceptable, and had not been disclosed at the time of buying the policy. This is the worst home warranty company I have ever dealt with in 40 years! DON'T BUY a policy until you've been able to read all clauses fully!

I got a policy for 2 policies for $650 each 30 months each. Two of my 4 claims were denied. They "forgot" or took their sweet time getting to my problems, or couldn't find someone to come to my area. I want to know if any of the other upset people are interested in going together to sue these people? We can't let them get away with it!!! Believe me 1 star is being generous! If you could give minus stars I would!

Were you scammed like I was? Please contact Lance Haver, Director of Civic Engagement for the city of Philadelphia. He is compiling complaints from consumers who were scammed. **. Please also file a complaint with the FTC, BBB, and your state's Attorney General. ServCorp rents the space they list on their website and charges Secure Home Warranty a fee to collect their mail. Basically a glorified PO box. They confirmed that the scammers at Secure Home Warranty are still paying their leasing cost and the website is still up so there may be refunds to be made if the company has any assets. Please join your voice with mine and let's do something about this fraud.

The contract I have with SHW is for 15 months of service. The contract end on June 08, 2017. I, too, haven't been able to contact them ever since my water heater malfunction May 08, 2017. I have called and email them to no avail. I want my money back from them. I paid $375 for the service. Does anyone know of a class action lawsuit against them?

I had bought 3-year policies on 3 different homes for $940 each last July 2016. If they are out of business, how does one sue for refunds if there is no one to contact? My washer is leaking and here we are.

Company appears to have gone out of business. The City of Philadelphia Consumer Affairs did a physical visit to the address listed on the website and there is no such business at that location. The number listed on their website is a number that does not allow the caller to connect to company. There has been an investigation opened up on this issue by the Consumer Affairs of Philadelphia. I also called the City Of Philadelphia, PA business licensing department and there is no business under that name in their jurisdiction.

I initiated the complaint with the City and also filed a complaint with the PA Attorney General. I encourage everyone to do the same. Contact the Pennsylvania Attorney General, City of PA and also the PA consumer affairs division. The more complaints the more chances something will get done. I am also in the process trying to get a Class Action Lawsuit established as well on behalf all of the people affected by this. This is so unfortunate that this has happened.

Secure Home Warranty Company Profile