Secure Home Warranty

At Secure Home, we know that unexpected repairs on a home can put a strain on your wallet, while also causing unnecessary stress. We put you in the very best hands with our extensive warranty plans, and our consultants, who are available 24/7 to assist you. Providing coverage for heating, electrical, plumbing and appliances helps give you peace of mind knowing that you're always just a phone call away from avoiding a costly repair. All of our contractors are graded on a satisfaction survey from our customers, so you can rest easy knowing our network is comprised of only the best and most trusted. Call us today for a quote!

Compare Home Warranties, Service Plans

Research top Home Warranties, Service Plans recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I purchased my home 6 months ago and a 1 year warranty through secure home warranty. My AC just went out 3 days ago, so I tried to contact them to get it fixed. I have never used a home warranty before, so I was not sure what to do. Their site says to call them at 1-888-825-2621, so I did. They did not answer and instead sent me to a voicemail. I left a voicemail with my name, number, and issue. Before leaving a voicemail, a recorded message said to email claims@securehomewarranty.com for faster service. I emailed this address, and have still not heard a reply. I also found the email info@securehomewarranty.com on their site, so I emailed that address, and have still not received a reply.

It has been 3 days, and I have not been able to reach them via their phone number, or the only 2 email addresses that I can find for them. Living without AC is very difficult for me, and I do not have the spare income to be able to it fixed without the warranty (nor should I have to). So far, I have email each of those email addresses once, and have called them 3 times (twice leaving voicemails). I still have not heard anything after 3 days.

I've been trying to contact Secure Home Warranty for over a week. I left voice messages several times. When I call the only thing I get is a voice recording from the answering service. I've sent several emails to different departments and no response and some of them I am returned invalid email. I purchased the warranty in November of 2016 when purchased my new home.

I will put the short version here. If you want the entire, condensed story continue reading below. Secure finds loopholes to just about every claim you put in. Their customer service is very poor with promises made to call "that day" and calls never returned days later. They say they have 24/7 claims service when in reality it is just an answering service that sends an email to them and in our experience we never hear anything back from Secure. To talk with a manager, they have to put in a written request and a manager may or may not call you back, it depends how persistent you are in calling them. This company has been such a disappointment for our family.

The longer version with more details: Secure was such a disappointment to our family. We took a lot of time researching the right home warranty company for our needs. I spent a lot of time talking with Jessica, the sales representative, asking very pointed questions about replacing appliances, putting in claims, pool coverage, etc. I liked that they had such a high rating with BBB and Consumer Affairs. I also liked the offer they put together. Well, the truth of the matter is, if an offer is too good to be true, it probably is.

The first problem we ran into with this company was when our hot water heater went out. We had been told they had 24/7 customer service. So when our hot water heater went out on a weekend, we decided to take advantage of that 24/7 customer service to call a claim in. Their idea of 24/7 customer service is having a call center answer the calls after hours and send an email to the company. We waited for two days and heard nothing from Secure. We ended up fixing the hot water heater on our own. We never did hear back from Secure and ended having to call them to find out why they had never responded to our claim.

The next claim we tried to put in was in regards to a leaking pipe. Because the pipe was split and went into the house AND into the pool (we have both home and pool coverage) they said they would not pay for it. So once again we found ourselves taking care of the issue and paying out of pocket. When we had maintenance performed on our a/c in the summer, the technician found we needed a condenser. When I had bought the contract, Jessica had told me we could choose what company we went with and get reimbursed. We decided to take advantage of that and went ahead and had the technician replace the condenser. I called in the claim to Secure who told me exactly what to do to get reimbursed.

When I sent the invoice in to the claims department, they claimed they couldn't read it and requested an original. I contacted the company who had done the work and asked them to send me an original invoice. I sent the original in to Secure and they still claimed it was not enough. We ended up eating that claim and paying out of pocket.

A few months ago our pool pump went out, the impeller locked up (the pool company tells me this is a common problem and home warranty companies pay for this all the time). We called this claim in and waited for days without hearing what was going to happen. Each time I called in I was told I would hear something by the end of the day. I never heard anything. Finally after almost a week, I was told they were going to pay $250 (the pump cost $1050). When I asked why they were not paying it in full, I was told that was all my old pump would be worth so that is all they could give me. I asked where in my contract it stated that items were only replaced at a prorated rate and they could not tell me. When my husband called in later that day, he was told that they typically wouldn't cover this at all and they were just being "nice" by giving us the $250.

We both talked to managers. Lisa, the "manager" I talked to, was very unprofessional and argumentative. Kim, the manager my husband talked to, (who later told my husband Lisa was not a manager and was not in that department) promised to look into ALL of our phone calls and get back to him. That was over two month ago and we have heard nothing. Every time we call in we are told that Kim is busy and to talk with a manager means they will put a request in and a manager may or may not call you back. I have never been so disappointed with a company and their customer service. This company is not worth the time or money. It may seem like a great deal but in the end you end up eating more than you save.

They are out of business or just won't take or return any calls. They won't pay my claim. Why are they still allowed to sell new warranty plans? Someone STOP them from ripping off more people! Someone needs to file a class action suit.

1 star is far too generous. We need a ZERO or negative star option. We had confidence in hiring Secure Home Warranty (SHW) due to the overwhelmingly favorable reviews here at ConsumerAffairs.com. Today I find out that SHW pays ConsumerAffairs a monthly fee for accreditation?? How's that for unbiased reviews?? There were only 3 reviews at Yelp when we realized we should look there too. As of today there are 35, and growing by the day. And yes, all 35 are 1 star reviews.

We were already convinced that this website was full of bogus great reviews based on the FACT that all we experienced in our 3 month journey with SHW was the exact opposite. Thanks to the disinformation here, we lost thousands of dollars in unpaid claims because we bought this tripe and switched from HSA Home Warranty to this scam company called SHW last summer 2016.

In short, we bought a 5 year + 12 months policy with SHW on 6/30/16, which didn't begin until 7/30/16 (so we already lost 30 days of our credit card protection before the policy even starts - I'm sure by design). We were lured by these solid reviews and the low $45 per visit service fee. By early November, ONLY 3 months later, we were fed up with being abused, lied to and disrespected and requested policy termination immediately. Their lip service said we would get an email in 3 days with final refund info. That never happened, and repeated attempts to cancel this policy went unheeded. Phone calls and emails ignored. Finally, we contacted Capital One to reverse the charges for fraud and services not received. Thankfully, Capital One came thru and credited us our huge $2250 premium cost that I'm sure we would never, ever, have seen from SHW.

Our first claim for a garbage disposal replacement that we paid for in advance was for our reimbursement as directed by SHW. Repair was in August 2016, and they repeatedly lied to us and said, "The check is in the mail" for weeks afterward. Finally, after contacting Manager Scott ** Oct. 3, 2016, it still took another 2 weeks for the check to show up in our mailbox Oct. 17 – or 6 ½ wks after we signed the original check release. And this was our first claim? Good impression. Of course, this was only the beginning of the nightmare.

Mid October we lost our water heater. We had to practically beg for our claim to be honored and received $500 toward an $1800 bill. Just days after that we had our 2 furnaces shut down by the city of Las Vegas due to carbon monoxide leaking into the house from tears in the sheet metal inside the units. Both A/C condensers included. Tech was surprised we were alive. No choice other than replacement. SHW denied our claim COMPLETELY, TWICE, and we had to foot the entire $16K bill.

On top of all this grief, my wife has been on stroke watch since 2015. She needs zero stress, and all SHW caused her was severe stress - and they were warned early on she was on stroke watch! Mgr. Scott ** was nothing but a shill for the company after promising help anytime in early October. His "help" denied our claims, stressed my wife, and then he refused to return calls or emails. Or terminate our policy! SHW is a scam company, entirely disingenuous. No matter what these rave reviews say, we are REAL former customers of SHW and we are warning you - DO NOT consider this company. Move on, nothing to see at this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Secure Home Warranty?

My AC went out on Monday. I called and their messaging service took my info and passed to their claim writers. I have called and/or emailed every day since. It is now Thursday! They have yet to call me back or return an email to give me a claim number or say they have a repairman coming. I have since called my own repairman who will fix it tomorrow. If you have ever lived in Alabama you know you need your AC... Save your money and don't use this company!

This company is committing fraud. They bill you each month, but you get no service. I called today to get them to send a plumber out and I was told their phone system is out. I really doubt this to be the truth. What I think is happening is this company is going out of business. I am calling my bank to let them know about the issue and to freeze all payments with this company. The answering service told me it would be 3 to 5 days, before I would receive a call. Not going to happen. I am done with this sorry company and my suggestion is to seek home warranty service with another company. Last month Melanie told me she was going to charge me two service fees of $55 for the same issue. My electrical plugs was not working. I was like, what.

Serious credit issue with this company. We try to cancel the policy with them but we can't get any reply back from them, by email or phone calls. No one get back to you. It's been over a month. We can't get anything from them. We are still trying and hope to get some answer from them.

SHW is a fraud and a scam! They will gladly take your money, and that is where the service ends. You will only speak to the answering service and no one from the company will call you back. Have tried filing two claims, and no one has ever called me back. The positive reviews are obviously fake. I am disappointed that such a blatant scam is allowed to scam people so blatantly in this country.

I paid for 3 properties under it for 2 years and heard it is out of business!! In the last 2 weeks, every time I call them (1-888-825-2621), for new or existing claims, I was told their system is down!! Cannot take claims. How do I get my money back?!! Will BBB help?

I have a home warranty with Secure Home Warranty that is effective through May 2017. Last Friday I called to place a claim for my pool filter. I was told by an answering service that the company was experiencing a system wide outage and I was therefore unable to file a claim. She said I could email them which I did. It would take 3 to 5 business days to hear back from them.

I did not hear back so I called again on Wednesday and today which is the 5th business day. There is still an answering service and I am getting the same response. The answering service said there is no one from the company's management that could talk to consumers. The company website is still up and there is no alert on it letting customers know about the outage. At this point I do not believe the company is having a system outage but that they are shut down. I will have to get my pool fixed outside the warranty which will cost me over $300. I have had home warranties for years but have never experienced this type of situation.

I bought this "policy" March 30, 2016, making 2 payments to pay it in full for a 14 month program. On month 3, another payment was taken out of my account which I did not owe. It took me 3 months to get that additional payment refunded and only after I called my bank for their assistance. At that point I wanted to cancel but was convinced that it was a mistake. Now I file my first claim on March 31, 2017 for a serious plumbing issue.

I was told that I'd get a call that day. Here is it April 5th and no call! I called again and was told that "the system" is down and it will be 5 days before anyone could call me. What a SCAM! I know and going to sue for my money back in full. I should have known they were not a reputable company by their billing practices. GO ELSEWHERE! There are real companies that actually respond and pay as guaranteed.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. They are practically a fraudulent home warranty service. Do not believe the reviews on their website. It's all made up. You will never be able to get a Claims or Accounting representative on the phone. They will gladly communicate with you when you want to sign up for a home warranty policy, but that's when ANY and ALL communication stops.

When you do call to put in a claim or have questions about your policy, the people you talk to are an outside telephone answering company, hired by Secure Home Warranty, who will take the call and then later send a message it to the respective department. Only, you'll rarely get a call back. I've called multiple times over a span of the last two weeks and even sent emails, no one will return my calls. I have an issue with my house that is easily covered under the terms, but I can't get anyone to answer nor will anyone call me back after leaving more than six messages plus 3 emails. It's an awful company to deal with.

I purchased 2 policies with Secure Home Warranty for my 2 properties. One property in Concord, North Carolina and one property in Miami, Florida. I filed a claim three times in North Carolina, once the technician came 2 days later, open a big hole in the bathroom ceiling and left and never called me back. I had to pay a plumber to do the repair and it cost me $450 to repair the hole in the ceiling left by the company sent by Secure Home Warranty and had to pay for the repair in the shower. The second time I called about my washer leaking water. It looks like the seal was broken and was not it was not covered. Since I did not know how to fix it, I had to buy a new washer to get it resolve. The third time I filed the claim for my water heater they never even call me back with the claim number. I had to hire a plumber to fix my water heater and cost me $950 to replace.

Today. I contacted the company for the third time for an issue with my garage door opener in my property in Miami Florida and the answering service told me they will get back to me between 3 to 5 business day to get a claim number. I contacted them via email once to complain. I have a copy of the email. I paid in full for the two policies and now I find myself with no help to cover my appliances. When I purchased the policies, I was told they will fix any appliances and if they are not able to fix they will replace it.

Tried to contact their claims dept three times today and was on hold for at least 15 minutes each time before I gave up. I tried their sales dept and they took my info saying claims was probably very busy and it may be "after hours" (at 8 a.m.?). Never received a call back. Reading other reviews I was impressed by how slickly written the positive ones were - and I sure fell for them last year. There were quite a number of negative ones from within past several days on Yelp that echoed my own experience. SAVE YOUR MONEY - SECURE HOME WARRANTY IS A FRAUD.

This company has been a total scam. They do claim in their website that they will cover all appliances in the home warranty. But once you pay them they will send a fine print which says literally nothing is covered. I had couple of claims recently (One for Air conditioner and another recent one for water heater) and both were blindly rejected by saying some loopholes from their fine print. They never cover any of your appliances, and all they do is take your money for the policy payment. It has been horrible customer service and even to get a contractor for fixing an issue it takes weeks and multiple calls to them. Stay away from them and go for some reputable companies like American Home Shield.

Four days ago 3/21 I had my electrical go out in my home. I called right away to see if my plan would allow for an immediate repair. Turned out that it did and I was serviced the same day with an electrician who was reliably quick and explanatory. The breaker box was the issue which was resolved with a new part. It was nice to have such convenience with Secure Home.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY! I canceled my policy which was 6 months into a 2 year contract because the first time I had to call them for an electrical outage, they couldn't get anyone to come out for a week! Then I read the fine print about them not being obligated to replace your broken air conditioner unless it had proof of 3 years of subsequent maintenance done to it! So I canceled my policy on Jan 27th of 2016 and I am supposed to receive a pro-rated refund in 7 to 14 business days. It is 7 weeks and repeated phone calls and still no refund! They won't let you talk to anyone from that department so it's always a claims representative. It is a very shady and unprofessional company! Don't buy this policy and make sure to ask the right questions before you buy any policy!!

SHW provided no service: I had to hire contractors on my own and submit invoice/receipts for a partial reimbursement. SHW did not keep its promise, not willing to make any reimbursement!!! Kept telling me to wait, wait... SHW refused to refund my fully paid policies on a prorate basis, instead it charged me for things never spelled out to me at the time I bought the policy. SHW is A BIG LIAR!!! Stay AWAY from SHW!!!

SHW sold me home warranty policies in Fall 2016. I called them in Dec when the washing machine had problem. SHW told me they can only cover up to $150, then I hired a contractor and fixed it for $198. I submitted invoice/receipt to SHW right away. SHW told me it takes up to 30 days for reimbursement. After one month I called SHW about the reimbursement, SHW still tell me to wait. More than 2.5 month past by, SHW still did not reimburse me anything!! As a result, I decided to cancel two other SHW policies which I had no any claim nor service but paid in full for whole year. I filed a cancellation request on Feb 3, 2017 and asked to refund the rest 8 months. But up to date, SHW only refunded me 1/4 of my total payment, told me it charged me fees which were never spelled out to me at the time I bought the policy! Again, SHW is A BIG LIAR!!! Stay AWAY from SHW!!!

We had our stove/oven is one unit and it was made for repair. Secure Home is very nice and made for us a good experience, when we make contact for appeal. My husband said the phone clerk treated very nicely. And now the stove oven works perfect, many times thank you. Wonderful first repair with company.

The electrical system had needed to be repaired as two rooms in my home were out of power completely. Even if I would do the breaker switch trick nothing would help. SHW sent me a very kind electrician who explained the steps to the repair. I like to be informed so it was nice to have a good affiliate.

I first found out about Secure at work from a co-worker of mine, now what I found differently about this brand is that they will actually make a payout to you if your repair falls within the policy subscribed. My whirlpool dryer had some loose part. Whenever I would run it and it was preventing clothes from getting dried. After the repair man came the noise of clanking had stopped and the dryer was working as back to normal.

This company does not care about you as a person. My heater went out during freezing temperatures and they did not care. It took a week for them to tell me that they were not going to cover all of the expense because I did not have 3 years of maintenance records. Even after I told them that I had an elderly person that needed heat they never responded with an answer. They hung up on the contractor they hired to come and look at my heater because they were also pushing to get it done because they knew I had an elderly person. Company is not worthy of anyone's business except that of going out of business. Don't listen to their lies. Not worth a single penny.

I have Secure Home Warranty for a year and then the heater was not working. So we called them. They came out and stated that they could repair the heater but they will only pay $150 unless I could provide 3 years of maintenance. Although the heater was working and there was no indication of it being badly maintained, they wanted 3 years showing that someone had come each and every year to clean it. Although I had maintained the unit and had actually paid someone to service it, I had lost the paperwork in the move. So they insisted I contact the company that did the service before they would pay anything over $150. I do not believe when they sell you the warranty they warn you about all the extra requirements. Be careful if you are thinking of buying. Read the contract submitted carefully. You will see more exclusions than inclusions.

I had very bad experience with them. When they sold the policy to me they said everything is covered. But when after few month I had few repairs came up then they said nothing is covered. They said they can't fix faucet leaking handle, they can't cover leaking toilet inside and can't cover clogged drain. If you don't cover all this issues then what else you cover??? Very disappointing. I had to cancel my policy.

After I purchased this warranty in September because a salesman convinced me that this policy was much better than my home warranty with another company, I cancelled my old home warranty and bought two policies with this company. I had a significant plumbing leak in the kitchen and called to see if they could assist. The representative opened a claim and said a plumber would call. No one called back at all. The next day I called and reminded them that I had water all over the kitchen. They said to get my own plumber and to file a claim later. I called a local plumber; he fixed it in a few hours and I paid out of pocket. I eventually received an email from Secure Home three days later to tell me that a plumber had been assigned (thank you for nothing). As instructed, I filed a claim and it was denied. I was out $150.

Then in December I had a problem with the heat. It was 30 degrees out. I called Secure Home and they said they would assign a technician. No one called me back at all. The house was too cold and I was afraid the pipes would freeze. So I called again and they said to get my own technician and to file the claim later. So I did because I had no choice. I filed the claim afterward, and it was denied. Now I was out $1100 to replace the fan motor and capacitor.

Home warranty refused to cover both claims filed. I requested that both of my policies with this company be canceled and that all my money be refunded since I didn't use any of the benefits from my coverage and since it looked like this was a scam. I checked the reviews for this company online. Reputable review places have dozens of reviews claiming that this company is fraudulent; see Yelp, Google, and BBB. Then there are the other sites where all the reviews are five stars and look the same over and over. Something is not right with this company. So I called Secure Home again. The representative (Jarred) told me that someone would call me back the same day. On the 28th of December, no one called me at all. I called again on 07 JAN 2017, and the representative (Sharla) told me someone would call me back right away, and no one did. I sent an email on 07 JAN 2017 and received no response.

On 11 JAN I received a phone call saying that my policy was canceled and that I would get a pro-rated refund, deducting the time I was "covered" by the policy. It seems like this is their business model. They don't cover anything and when people complain, they provide a pro-rated refund and keep the difference, when they provided no actual service. It is now 29 JAN and I still haven't been refunded by this company. Now I am out $1,250 in damages, and $900 for the policy.

Although I was skeptical, my wife was able to say "I told you so" when we had our central heat system fixed in our home. Secure Home sent for the fix the same day that we called and covered what would have been an expensive repair for us. Thanks for all the help!

I have had two repairs since purchasing home in May 2016. Both times Secure Home Warranty has not covered the cost of my repairs. First was on an icemaker in my refrigerator. They wanted me to pay around $200 saying that all of the components are not covered. Second repair is on a cooktop. It is a high-end appliance and one of the burners is not working. They will only cover $226 of the repairs that is over $400. They state that it is due to the age of the appliance.

They have their own way of depreciating the value of your appliances. Nowhere in the warranty does it state they are depreciating the value of your appliances. To replace the cooktop it is over $1400 from same manufacturer and type. They should state they will only go on their value of your appliances before taking your money for this worthless warranty. You are better off paying a higher co-pay and know your appliances are covered. STAY AWAY FROM THIS HORRIBLE COMPANY!!!

I live in Indiana and managed properties in the state. What shocked me about Secure was that they were willing to work with all of my properties regardless of the different tenants that rent out. The claims work as follows: my tenant calls Secure if they come across any problems in the house/unit. If it's a big repair then Secure reaches out to me to see what the best option is. But for small claims like a faucet fix or a microwave fix I don't have to get involved and am covered which saves me a lot of time. We have great understanding and plan to continue this good relationship with Secure.

We had the worst plumbing crisis too close to holiday season and it was a life saver that Secure was able to respond so quickly. I decided I will be renewing my two year this coming February, I've tried the other companies and secure is most accommodating so far.

Secure Home Warranty Company Profile