toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I purchased the premium Home Warranty. I cannot file a claim. The phone number listed 888-825-2621 answers, and when you select your option, you get a recording that says 'invalid extension' and hangs up on you. I have called them over 20 times and the phone is never answered. I tried sending in an email to file a claim, and no response. I am filing a complaint with the BBB and the Pennsylvania Attorney General to get my money back. I can't comment on the service, or value, as no one has replied and I have been unable to open a claim. Completely fraudulent business.

Wow. Can't believe I fell for all fake reviews. Their contact phone number goes to an automated line, then hangs up when you choose an option. I tried emailing the guy who sold me the plan, and his email was bounced. Good thing is no one can sign up with them anymore as it seems like they are out of business. Company is a scam and seems to be shut down.

Stay away from this scam company. Purchased 3 policies for my rental homes one year ago. For the first time recently I needed to use it and was unable to reach them after several tries. I then called the address listed and the person answered the phone saying they are in the building and then said no and they get many calls about this company. COMPLETE SCAM. Listed as a 4-star company on a rating review on internet.

Been trying to submit a claim for over a month now with no luck. Only answering services with empty promises to return your call. Now it says no answering service available. It looks like they are out of business now. How do I get a refund?! Do not join!

I insured two homes with Secure Home Warranty. I had trouble from the start. I had already paid for both homes. No recourse. First filed claim took half a day's time altogether to get it taken care of. Had to buy the water heater myself then haggle about the amount I was to be reimbursed as I was a new account. Had home warranty with another company and immediately reinstated with them. Double pay but better than sorry coverage. Second claim was February of this year. Sent in all required information. Received confirmation of claim. Called multiple times in March, April regarding claim and was told their computer system was down. Right! Now all you get is a busy signal. Very unhappy customer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Secure Home Warranty?

I have been trying to contact Secure Home Warranty for week. Only thing I get is answering service telling me that they will forward message to Secure Home Warranty but no response from them. My air conditioner is out and here in Arizona Temp rise up to more than F 100 degree today. Now when I called number 1-888-825-2691 or ** (My credit company provided) are recording saying that no assigned number nor answering service picking up the phones. I believe this company is scam and fraudulent. How can they get away from this and took money from innocent consumer. I have to call my own air condition service and paid $1000 for repair yesterday. It is so terrible.

On Monday I contacted the Secure Home Warranty because my air conditioner would not work; was greeted by an answer service who explained that they would convey my information to Claims and in 24hrs someone would contact me. Today is Friday and I have called daily to advise that I have not heard from Secure Home Warranty and did not understand why a business would have an answer service handling their important calls during business hours. I was told that the company was under new management and claims were backed logged with calls so they would send an email explaining that I needed to hear from them as it was 85 degrees and I needed this addressed ASAP as the contract promised response in 24 hours. Needless to say, the phone simply RINGS AND DISCONNECTS. I BELIEVE THIS COMPANY HAS GONE OUT OF BUSINESS without any intention of honoring their customer's claims.

May 5, 2017 at 11 am, I noticed that something is wrong with my sump pump and it's not working. So I am calling this 100% scam company Secure Home Warranty for the first time. I paid $489.97 on 12/12/2016 which makes me a client of good standing. Guess what? I have been calling the Phone no. 1-888-825-2621 and it's a nonworking number but the website of the company gives out that number to file all sorts of claim. I have emailed them at infor@securehomewarranty.com, but alas! No response as of yet and don't even know if the email is a working email or not. American companies are getting worse than any companies from Afghanistan. So frustrated and speechless.

I have been attempting to contact them for a week now. I got through one time by phone, an answering service who told me the company was sold! But no further info was provided. I emailed them twice. Nothing. Now, I am putting a stop on my CC for any further auto-renewals AND a dispute on the original charge (that's a long shot). I have NO hope that they will honor my contract, they basically took ALL of our money and left. Since the only phone number is now unavailable.

I spent a lot of money on policies for 4 properties. While this company was quick to take my money, they are now unreachable. I am amazed in reading reviews below that prior to March most reviews were good. I believe they were not from true customers of this company. And I see that all negative comments are crossed through, grayed out, and marked unverifiable. Somehow this company found a way to cover up their lack of integrity, long enough to scam many people out of an awful lot of money.

Our microwave quit on March 30 and I called Secure Home Warranty the next morning. They accepted the claim and said I would be contacted in 1 hour. Four hours later I called and they said that was a mistake and I would be contact the next business day. On Monday April 3 I called and received a message their system was down and would be functional in 3 to 5 days. At that point I contacted the manufacturer and had the official repair agent come and repair the machine. Repeated calls to Secure and leaving my name and phone number and no return calls have been received. I contacted the California Insurance Commission and found that NewLeafSC is the owner of Secure and contacted them on April 13.

Today May 1, I called NewLeaf and was told that I needed to contact them prior to having the repair. No one ever indicated that NewLeaf was my contact in place of Secure Home Warranty. Then I was told that my claim was denied because I did not contact them first. (I contacted Secure Home Warranty first but received no response after repeated calls.) I believe this is a fraudulent company. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

I purchased a one year warranty and my thermostat went out. I tried to get a hold of someone for an entire week. Then when I did get a hold of someone they said their systems were down and it would be 3 to 5 days to get someone to me. I had to pay for the repair and use someone else. Now I'm trying to get reimbursed and can't get a hold of anyone except the answering service. The worst service ever! Going back to American Home Shield!

DO NOT GO WITH SECURE HOME WARRANTY!!! They have disappeared off the face of the earth. I have a plumbing problem and the phone number always leads to an answering service. I can't get anyone to return my calls. They state I can email them too, but they have not returned any of my emails either. I am starting to believe the company does not exist. I have contacted my credit card company to try to dispute the yearly subscription I paid in November of 2017.

We bought a 1 year + 3 months coverage for our 3 houses (Our primary residence, and 2 rental homes) on Aug. 2016. We filed our first claim regarding one of our rental property's Central Heater (built in '92) with this home warranty company in January 2017. They assigned and sent an UNQUALIFIED service provider, who told us that the heater was dead and needed to be replaced! Secure Home Warranty then refused the claim stating that we had not serviced the unit annually! We only owned the house for the prior 3 years, and had service (general inspection, cleaning, filter change) the unit 2 times, and showed them the proof. However, they insisted that we needed to have it serviced 3 times, otherwise it was not going to be covered! Cut the story short, we gave up and called on another A/C & Heating company to replace the unit out of pocket.

After checking the unit, the serviceman told us that the unit did not need to be replaced and they could easily repair it! They also told us that the previous serviceman had switched the wires so that the unit would not work! We contacted the warranty co & explained to them how unqualified and crooked their provider was. Anyhow, after going back and forth for a few days, they finally agreed to reimburse us for $500.00 (within 30 days), towards the repair charges. That was 3 months ago! I have been trying to contact them for the past several weeks and have not been able to reach them! I have left them many messages via phone and email. I hope they are still in business (I doubt it seriously). I have 3 houses covered by them! They don't even answer calls to file for any new claims! I talked to their answering service and they also seem to be frustrated by them. How do we go about filing a class action? Any ideas?

I bought a 6 year home warranty from Secure Home Warranty in Jan 2016. In April my pool pump broke and they told me I could not make a claim until May. But since I tried to claim the pump, it would not be covered for 1 year but they would pay me $200 toward the repair. We repaired the pump, never receiving the $200. 3 weeks ago, the pump went out completely. After many calls that were answered by an automated answering service, and multiple unanswered emails, I requested via email a refund and cancellation of the policy.

Needless to say I never received a refund nor a response. I have filed complaints with the Attorney General's office in Arizona and in Pennsylvania 4 days ago. I have received a letter from the Phoenix Attorney General stating they will be investigating this company. Anyone else that is having problems, I beg you to file with your states AG as well as with PA Attorney General! This company has ripped off many people across the country!

I was paying for 2 properties since Aug 2016 but never made any claim. 3 weeks ago I called for the first time to have my microwave fixed but was told the company having problems with their communication and someone will call me in 3 to 5 days. Since no one did, I called several times but I got the same answer.

I strongly believe this is a fraud and should be stopped. How can we get our money back?

I fell for the scam of seeing a good rating... There is no way a company that does not answer their phone or emails can have a good rating! It has been over 2 days since I filed a claims and not even an auto responder! I have filed before and had to fight to get a portion of it paid. Their canned response for everything is "That isn't covered." I have called 14 times different business hours and NO answer. This is a class action lawsuit waiting to happen. But don't stress yourself over a cheaper service call. It's not worth it!

I spent $2000+ on a 5 year elite plan I purchased paying cash from my commission at closing (I'm a real estate agent). I chose this company for several transactions based on the consumer affairs review of the company. I look on consumeradvocate.org today and they say as of April 1, 2017 they have been informed that the company is out of business. WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO? I am out $2000 in cash, and my reputation has been tarnished because I provided their warranties to multiple clients of mine who are now also out of luck. UNBELIEVABLE.

Worst home warranty company ever!!! Our laundry washer got broken on March 24, 2017, and placed a call for repair service. Was promised a callback within 2 hours. No one called. Went to the weekend without hearing back from them. Called 3x the following week to no avail. Was told they have system issue that will be resolved in 3 days. Gave them the 3 days and call backed again. Emailed and documented all my complaints. Emails bounced back and called them again, and now all calls goes to voicemail.

Totally a scam, incompetent and unworthy company. I emailed my laundry bills and the receipt for a new washer, and need full reimbursement. Been 3 weeks dealing with this company that is completely unprofessional. It would have been better for me to have stayed with AHS, that does superb service. I am totally aggravated with Secure Home Warranty! Need full refund of the annual policy I paid in cash plus the replacement washer I just bought yesterday!

I purchased my home 6 months ago and a 1 year warranty through secure home warranty. My AC just went out 3 days ago, so I tried to contact them to get it fixed. I have never used a home warranty before, so I was not sure what to do. Their site says to call them at 1-888-825-2621, so I did. They did not answer and instead sent me to a voicemail. I left a voicemail with my name, number, and issue. Before leaving a voicemail, a recorded message said to email claims@securehomewarranty.com for faster service. I emailed this address, and have still not heard a reply. I also found the email info@securehomewarranty.com on their site, so I emailed that address, and have still not received a reply.

It has been 3 days, and I have not been able to reach them via their phone number, or the only 2 email addresses that I can find for them. Living without AC is very difficult for me, and I do not have the spare income to be able to it fixed without the warranty (nor should I have to). So far, I have email each of those email addresses once, and have called them 3 times (twice leaving voicemails). I still have not heard anything after 3 days.

I've been trying to contact Secure Home Warranty for over a week. I left voice messages several times. When I call the only thing I get is a voice recording from the answering service. I've sent several emails to different departments and no response and some of them I am returned invalid email. I purchased the warranty in November of 2016 when purchased my new home.

I will put the short version here. If you want the entire, condensed story continue reading below. Secure finds loopholes to just about every claim you put in. Their customer service is very poor with promises made to call "that day" and calls never returned days later. They say they have 24/7 claims service when in reality it is just an answering service that sends an email to them and in our experience we never hear anything back from Secure. To talk with a manager, they have to put in a written request and a manager may or may not call you back, it depends how persistent you are in calling them. This company has been such a disappointment for our family.

The longer version with more details: Secure was such a disappointment to our family. We took a lot of time researching the right home warranty company for our needs. I spent a lot of time talking with Jessica, the sales representative, asking very pointed questions about replacing appliances, putting in claims, pool coverage, etc. I liked that they had such a high rating with BBB and Consumer Affairs. I also liked the offer they put together. Well, the truth of the matter is, if an offer is too good to be true, it probably is.

The first problem we ran into with this company was when our hot water heater went out. We had been told they had 24/7 customer service. So when our hot water heater went out on a weekend, we decided to take advantage of that 24/7 customer service to call a claim in. Their idea of 24/7 customer service is having a call center answer the calls after hours and send an email to the company. We waited for two days and heard nothing from Secure. We ended up fixing the hot water heater on our own. We never did hear back from Secure and ended having to call them to find out why they had never responded to our claim.

The next claim we tried to put in was in regards to a leaking pipe. Because the pipe was split and went into the house AND into the pool (we have both home and pool coverage) they said they would not pay for it. So once again we found ourselves taking care of the issue and paying out of pocket. When we had maintenance performed on our a/c in the summer, the technician found we needed a condenser. When I had bought the contract, Jessica had told me we could choose what company we went with and get reimbursed. We decided to take advantage of that and went ahead and had the technician replace the condenser. I called in the claim to Secure who told me exactly what to do to get reimbursed.

When I sent the invoice in to the claims department, they claimed they couldn't read it and requested an original. I contacted the company who had done the work and asked them to send me an original invoice. I sent the original in to Secure and they still claimed it was not enough. We ended up eating that claim and paying out of pocket.

A few months ago our pool pump went out, the impeller locked up (the pool company tells me this is a common problem and home warranty companies pay for this all the time). We called this claim in and waited for days without hearing what was going to happen. Each time I called in I was told I would hear something by the end of the day. I never heard anything. Finally after almost a week, I was told they were going to pay $250 (the pump cost $1050). When I asked why they were not paying it in full, I was told that was all my old pump would be worth so that is all they could give me. I asked where in my contract it stated that items were only replaced at a prorated rate and they could not tell me. When my husband called in later that day, he was told that they typically wouldn't cover this at all and they were just being "nice" by giving us the $250.

We both talked to managers. Lisa, the "manager" I talked to, was very unprofessional and argumentative. Kim, the manager my husband talked to, (who later told my husband Lisa was not a manager and was not in that department) promised to look into ALL of our phone calls and get back to him. That was over two month ago and we have heard nothing. Every time we call in we are told that Kim is busy and to talk with a manager means they will put a request in and a manager may or may not call you back. I have never been so disappointed with a company and their customer service. This company is not worth the time or money. It may seem like a great deal but in the end you end up eating more than you save.

They are out of business or just won't take or return any calls. They won't pay my claim. Why are they still allowed to sell new warranty plans? Someone STOP them from ripping off more people! Someone needs to file a class action suit.

1 star is far too generous. We need a ZERO or negative star option. We had confidence in hiring Secure Home Warranty (SHW) due to the overwhelmingly favorable reviews here at ConsumerAffairs.com. Today I find out that SHW pays ConsumerAffairs a monthly fee for accreditation?? How's that for unbiased reviews?? There were only 3 reviews at Yelp when we realized we should look there too. As of today there are 35, and growing by the day. And yes, all 35 are 1 star reviews.

We were already convinced that this website was full of bogus great reviews based on the FACT that all we experienced in our 3 month journey with SHW was the exact opposite. Thanks to the disinformation here, we lost thousands of dollars in unpaid claims because we bought this tripe and switched from HSA Home Warranty to this scam company called SHW last summer 2016.

In short, we bought a 5 year + 12 months policy with SHW on 6/30/16, which didn't begin until 7/30/16 (so we already lost 30 days of our credit card protection before the policy even starts - I'm sure by design). We were lured by these solid reviews and the low $45 per visit service fee. By early November, ONLY 3 months later, we were fed up with being abused, lied to and disrespected and requested policy termination immediately. Their lip service said we would get an email in 3 days with final refund info. That never happened, and repeated attempts to cancel this policy went unheeded. Phone calls and emails ignored. Finally, we contacted Capital One to reverse the charges for fraud and services not received. Thankfully, Capital One came thru and credited us our huge $2250 premium cost that I'm sure we would never, ever, have seen from SHW.

Our first claim for a garbage disposal replacement that we paid for in advance was for our reimbursement as directed by SHW. Repair was in August 2016, and they repeatedly lied to us and said, "The check is in the mail" for weeks afterward. Finally, after contacting Manager Scott ** Oct. 3, 2016, it still took another 2 weeks for the check to show up in our mailbox Oct. 17 – or 6 ½ wks after we signed the original check release. And this was our first claim? Good impression. Of course, this was only the beginning of the nightmare.

Mid October we lost our water heater. We had to practically beg for our claim to be honored and received $500 toward an $1800 bill. Just days after that we had our 2 furnaces shut down by the city of Las Vegas due to carbon monoxide leaking into the house from tears in the sheet metal inside the units. Both A/C condensers included. Tech was surprised we were alive. No choice other than replacement. SHW denied our claim COMPLETELY, TWICE, and we had to foot the entire $16K bill.

On top of all this grief, my wife has been on stroke watch since 2015. She needs zero stress, and all SHW caused her was severe stress - and they were warned early on she was on stroke watch! Mgr. Scott ** was nothing but a shill for the company after promising help anytime in early October. His "help" denied our claims, stressed my wife, and then he refused to return calls or emails. Or terminate our policy! SHW is a scam company, entirely disingenuous. No matter what these rave reviews say, we are REAL former customers of SHW and we are warning you - DO NOT consider this company. Move on, nothing to see at this company.

My AC went out on Monday. I called and their messaging service took my info and passed to their claim writers. I have called and/or emailed every day since. It is now Thursday! They have yet to call me back or return an email to give me a claim number or say they have a repairman coming. I have since called my own repairman who will fix it tomorrow. If you have ever lived in Alabama you know you need your AC... Save your money and don't use this company!

This company is committing fraud. They bill you each month, but you get no service. I called today to get them to send a plumber out and I was told their phone system is out. I really doubt this to be the truth. What I think is happening is this company is going out of business. I am calling my bank to let them know about the issue and to freeze all payments with this company. The answering service told me it would be 3 to 5 days, before I would receive a call. Not going to happen. I am done with this sorry company and my suggestion is to seek home warranty service with another company. Last month Melanie told me she was going to charge me two service fees of $55 for the same issue. My electrical plugs was not working. I was like, what.

Serious credit issue with this company. We try to cancel the policy with them but we can't get any reply back from them, by email or phone calls. No one get back to you. It's been over a month. We can't get anything from them. We are still trying and hope to get some answer from them.

SHW is a fraud and a scam! They will gladly take your money, and that is where the service ends. You will only speak to the answering service and no one from the company will call you back. Have tried filing two claims, and no one has ever called me back. The positive reviews are obviously fake. I am disappointed that such a blatant scam is allowed to scam people so blatantly in this country.

I paid for 3 properties under it for 2 years and heard it is out of business!! In the last 2 weeks, every time I call them (1-888-825-2621), for new or existing claims, I was told their system is down!! Cannot take claims. How do I get my money back?!! Will BBB help?

I have a home warranty with Secure Home Warranty that is effective through May 2017. Last Friday I called to place a claim for my pool filter. I was told by an answering service that the company was experiencing a system wide outage and I was therefore unable to file a claim. She said I could email them which I did. It would take 3 to 5 business days to hear back from them.

I did not hear back so I called again on Wednesday and today which is the 5th business day. There is still an answering service and I am getting the same response. The answering service said there is no one from the company's management that could talk to consumers. The company website is still up and there is no alert on it letting customers know about the outage. At this point I do not believe the company is having a system outage but that they are shut down. I will have to get my pool fixed outside the warranty which will cost me over $300. I have had home warranties for years but have never experienced this type of situation.

Secure Home Warranty Company Profile