Secure Home Warranty

At Secure Home, we know that unexpected repairs on a home can put a strain on your wallet, while also causing unnecessary stress. We put you in the very best hands with our extensive warranty plans, and our consultants, who are available 24/7 to assist you. Providing coverage for heating, electrical, plumbing and appliances helps give you peace of mind knowing that you're always just a phone call away from avoiding a costly repair. All of our contractors are graded on a satisfaction survey from our customers, so you can rest easy knowing our network is comprised of only the best and most trusted. Call us today for a quote!

Compare Home Warranties, Service Plans

Research top Home Warranties, Service Plans recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Did not honor a simple plumbing claim. Instead, despite of being with them for more than a year, offered small amount of claim and let us deal with most of the expenses on our own. The reason we pay for home warranty is to cover/ensure is from those costly repairs.

We purchased a home warranty policy from Secure Home Warranty in February 2017. We were given all kinds of promises that our first $75.00 service call would be free, that this policy was exactly the same as American Home Shield's (which we had in the past), and that they were open 24 hours a day for service calls. We paid $499.00 for the policy and none of the things that we were told were true. #1 I could find a call center when our washing machine had problems. When I did, they said they "couldn't honor the $75.00 free service call; they also said that if it went over $500. we'd have to pay the difference. We weren't sent a cancellation page in the contract.

When I contacted the 'Sales Manager, F. ** (his initials, but we call him something else with these initials!!), he was rude, obnoxious, and gave us wrong telephone # to call for service. I could go on & on and have learned from a Manager that had to deal with taking calls about Secure Home Warranty, that many, many people have been scammed by this company. PLEASE, DO NOT - REPEAT - DO NOT, BUY OR HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS COMPANY. We have now filed a claim with our credit card company and hope that we can get our money back.

I have a 4 year policy, made first claim as my pool system failed. I called on Wednesday and got their answering service and was promised an email within 24 hours with the name of the vendor who would come out to check the pool. Thursday came and no email so I called and was told to get my own vendor if I wanted and submit a bill to them as they could not find a vendor. I was told that I would get a call Friday to update me on their search but never received an email or call. The following Monday I called and was promised the name of the vendor who would come out, which I did receive an email. However the vendor never called me.

Finally on Friday I called the vendor and was told by the vendor that they got a message from Secure Home Warranty to handle my call but they do not do work for Secure because of a past issue on getting paid. The vendor tried to call Secure the day they got the message to service my pool but could never get someone to answer. The vendor said they had to waste time being a collection agency to finally get paid. I ended up having to get my own vendor. If I could rate Secure Home Warranty lower than a score of one, I would. Never had this issue with American Home Shield, more costly but I got service.

This is the worst warranty company I have ever dealt with (and I've owned many homes with warranties). First, the company advertised that you could reach customer service 24hrs... They are open 9-7 M-F. Second, I sat on hold for 35mins to only get a recording... After leaving a message and an email, I got NO response. Third, after filing the claim I was told I'd receive a confirmation email (didn't happen). Had to call them back a few hours later only to find out that they are so backed up that I wouldn't any confirmation or response for at least 24hrs and was told that I could get my own ac tech to come out and pay for it myself... They'll reimburse me IF they would normally cover what is found to be wrong. When asked to speak with a manager I was given two extensions to try but was warned that nobody is there to speak with. So here I sit 4 days later with no ac in 115 degree heat still trying to figure things out with very little help from this company that I paid.

Updated on 7/12/2017: As previously stated my ac went out on 7/7, as of 7/10 I had gotten little help. Now 7/12 and still nothing has been done... no email or phone call. I have called the company numerous times and last time was told that the reason they are no longer available 24hrs is because they terminated the contract with the company that serviced their after hour calls and are looking to hire another company (this probably should've been figured out before terminating the other company). I was also told that I need 3yrs of maintenance records, when I told them that I only owned the home for 2yrs I was told "you be surprised what you can find out with a little research" and then advised to call the Listing Realtor to ask if she could get in touch with the previous owners to get the records. If I cannot produce the records they will only cover $150 of the ac replacement, if I can produce the records they will only cover $2000 towards the replacement.

Meanwhile temps are still over a hundred degrees. I am truly blown away by the way this is being handled and believe that their attitude is pretty much, as long as we put them off they will eventually just pay for it themselves (which is what we are now doing) because who has the time to research something like this while your family is burning up in your home with no ac and record breaking heat. To anyone looking for a home warranty, I would advise to ask A LOT of questions, get referrals from friends and family AND most of all do not purchase a warranty from this company.

I am not sure how they got so many good reviews. It's a fraud company... when you put a claim they deliberately delay in sending the service technician saying they are not finding anyone. They ask you to get one and then they find some excuses not to pay for it. For about 5 months they vanished and didn't picked up any call or responded to emails. Horrible experience and stay away from this company. If you have used credit card, dispute and get your money back. They have cheated me and one of my friend who I referred.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Secure Home Warranty?

Because of the good rating SHW was given I purchased a 2 1/2 year policy (including pool and fridge) last year. I was careful to compare the ratings and the offerings. Also the reviews were pretty good. But I felt something strange right at the beginning when it took forever to get an answer to my first and only claim. I did get a small partial refund (after 6 months, innumerable phone calls, and taking care of the repairs myself). Now I have a new claim, I've been on the phone for a long time and then was sent to a voicemail saying that the call will be returned tomorrow. I'm not going to hold my breath. My issue is not only with SHW (all the reviews of the last few months are one star, prior to that all 5 star, how is that possible?) but also with the rating SHW got! How to trust rating companies? If you are looking for a home insurance, you are lucky they don't answer the phone anymore.

This company is an absolute joke. I would not believe one of the reviews that is positive, because this is an absolute SCAM. I have had this plan since July 2016 and in that time I tried to call for service between January 2017 thru late April of 2017, but would only get an answering service with no callback. Eventually the answering service ceased to exist and the phone would ring and then disconnect.

I eventually made contact around May and they said the phone lines were down, but tried to say I never called because they did not get the message (almost 20+ calls were made and at least 8 messages left with the answering service). In May I had an issue with a faucet that was leaking in the tub. To my surprise apparently leaking faucets are not covered as the initial salesperson stated. The person I spoke with stated, "Yeah we had trouble with that salesman. He was a real idiot and we had to let him go." Further stated there was nothing they could do.

I then called yesterday, due to my hot water heater no longer heating and a subsequent flood in my garage from the unit. I called and was told this was not covered as it was not a mechanical issue. They would not consider the unit no longer heating the water and said the flooding was an inevitability. DO NOT waste your money on this company and find one that is reputable. (The plan I bought was allegedly their top of the line plan.) Avoid this company like the plague!!!

One way to get refund, if you paid by credit card then talk to your credit card company and let them know that they are not answering or denying claims against their own contract. As long as your policy is not expired, you can get refund. Also, Consumer Affairs should not give them 4.5 stars, all the good reviews are fake because at the bottom of their own contract they said that will NOT pay anything more than the parts not even for the guy who will come and do the repair. So no one can be happy that company pays $50 for the part and you pay $400 for labor and you also pay service call fee for the technician to come in and for $45 you only get handymen or someone new in the business and not real technicians.

I had two policies with them: They denied my fridge claim and after fighting with them for good 2 weeks they said they will only pay $250 and only if I get new fridge because they can't repair this one. BS! It cost me $1300 to get a new fridge. They approved my bath claim for $330 for parts only where it was $700 job. They haven't paid me anything at all, just promises which I am tired of. Whenever I called, either no answer or person picks up says we have outages. Finally called my CC and they said that I can dispute and they will handle everything.

I unfortunately closed on a home that had a policy for the first year with this company on many appliances. The washer started to go and I filed a claim over 3 months ago. Only to be contacted at the end of April and told they will only approved up to $250.00 of the cost even though they did not follow thru on detail of the repair. I purchased a new washer as instructed, have sent the invoice and when trying to follow up was told by claims manager ANTONIO (who refuses to provide his last name or any superior info) that he does not need to service me, I can sue if I want and they do not care that they did not service me. He was rude and inappropriate. Used foul language and disconnected the call. I can not believe this company is still in business. Do NOT EVER take out a policy with these horrible people.

I called multiple times to the company stated number (1888-825-2621) but sometimes it is responded by some phone operator. They said, company got sold and it is in the middle of transfer. They all my information and issue and said someone from the company will contact me about this issue in 24 to 48 hours. I called ~ 100+ time and it is been more than 2 months, no response yet. I even complained at BBB website and no response from BBB as well. A company taking money from regular home owners and disappearing. No one there question this behavior. I paid in full to this company and they even didn't do one service. There is no zero star option. That is why I gave one star.

I took out this home cover just over a year ago for a period of two years paying $700.00. Today was the first time I had to call them to file a claim. Tries the telephone number on the policy and kept getting disconnected. I must have tried every extension stated and also sent an email. I then thought, "Let me see the reviews for this company" and OMG could not believe that since April this year so many other customers have experienced exactly the same thing. What do I now do as I have no idea and need my money back. Companies like these give other reputable companies a bad name. You would not believe that this same company kept calling me several times this year trying to get me to make a policy out. I had to inform them every time that I already was insured with them.

Agent lied about the cancellation policy, and did not disclose that the policy could not be cancelled, if the selling detail facts were false, or that there was a 90 days waiting period allowed for the first claim. Also that the 90 days begin 30 days after the effective policy date! This means that you're not covered for the first 120 days!!! The contract policy was not sent to me until I called several times. By the time I received it (3 mos. had elapsed), I found that the clauses were unacceptable, and had not been disclosed at the time of buying the policy. This is the worst home warranty company I have ever dealt with in 40 years! DON'T BUY a policy until you've been able to read all clauses fully!

I got a policy for 2 policies for $650 each 30 months each. Two of my 4 claims were denied. They "forgot" or took their sweet time getting to my problems, or couldn't find someone to come to my area. I want to know if any of the other upset people are interested in going together to sue these people? We can't let them get away with it!!! Believe me 1 star is being generous! If you could give minus stars I would!

Were you scammed like I was? Please contact Lance Haver, Director of Civic Engagement for the city of Philadelphia. He is compiling complaints from consumers who were scammed. **. Please also file a complaint with the FTC, BBB, and your state's Attorney General. ServCorp rents the space they list on their website and charges Secure Home Warranty a fee to collect their mail. Basically a glorified PO box. They confirmed that the scammers at Secure Home Warranty are still paying their leasing cost and the website is still up so there may be refunds to be made if the company has any assets. Please join your voice with mine and let's do something about this fraud.

The contract I have with SHW is for 15 months of service. The contract end on June 08, 2017. I, too, haven't been able to contact them ever since my water heater malfunction May 08, 2017. I have called and email them to no avail. I want my money back from them. I paid $375 for the service. Does anyone know of a class action lawsuit against them?

I had bought 3-year policies on 3 different homes for $940 each last July 2016. If they are out of business, how does one sue for refunds if there is no one to contact? My washer is leaking and here we are.

Company appears to have gone out of business. The City of Philadelphia Consumer Affairs did a physical visit to the address listed on the website and there is no such business at that location. The number listed on their website is a number that does not allow the caller to connect to company. There has been an investigation opened up on this issue by the Consumer Affairs of Philadelphia. I also called the City Of Philadelphia, PA business licensing department and there is no business under that name in their jurisdiction.

I initiated the complaint with the City and also filed a complaint with the PA Attorney General. I encourage everyone to do the same. Contact the Pennsylvania Attorney General, City of PA and also the PA consumer affairs division. The more complaints the more chances something will get done. I am also in the process trying to get a Class Action Lawsuit established as well on behalf all of the people affected by this. This is so unfortunate that this has happened.

I am writing this review to make others aware about the issues I am having with Secure Home Warranty. It has been two weeks now since I filed my first claim for an ice maker that is not working and it has been a week since I filed my second claim for my air conditioning unit which is malfunctioning. As of now I have only been able to reach an answering service where I am told each time that my message will be forwarded and that I should receive a call within 24 hours. Well, I have not. The second time I called I managed to get information from the young lady to the effect that the company is under new management and under restructuring and that is why there is a delay in getting my claim handled. This delay is a violation of their own contract which states that at a minimum you will get a call within four business days from either the claims department or the technician who has been hired to handle your issue.

I purchased the premium Home Warranty. I cannot file a claim. The phone number listed 888-825-2621 answers, and when you select your option, you get a recording that says 'invalid extension' and hangs up on you. I have called them over 20 times and the phone is never answered. I tried sending in an email to file a claim, and no response. I am filing a complaint with the BBB and the Pennsylvania Attorney General to get my money back. I can't comment on the service, or value, as no one has replied and I have been unable to open a claim. Completely fraudulent business.

Wow. Can't believe I fell for all fake reviews. Their contact phone number goes to an automated line, then hangs up when you choose an option. I tried emailing the guy who sold me the plan, and his email was bounced. Good thing is no one can sign up with them anymore as it seems like they are out of business. Company is a scam and seems to be shut down.

Stay away from this scam company. Purchased 3 policies for my rental homes one year ago. For the first time recently I needed to use it and was unable to reach them after several tries. I then called the address listed and the person answered the phone saying they are in the building and then said no and they get many calls about this company. COMPLETE SCAM. Listed as a 4-star company on a rating review on internet.

Been trying to submit a claim for over a month now with no luck. Only answering services with empty promises to return your call. Now it says no answering service available. It looks like they are out of business now. How do I get a refund?! Do not join!

I insured two homes with Secure Home Warranty. I had trouble from the start. I had already paid for both homes. No recourse. First filed claim took half a day's time altogether to get it taken care of. Had to buy the water heater myself then haggle about the amount I was to be reimbursed as I was a new account. Had home warranty with another company and immediately reinstated with them. Double pay but better than sorry coverage. Second claim was February of this year. Sent in all required information. Received confirmation of claim. Called multiple times in March, April regarding claim and was told their computer system was down. Right! Now all you get is a busy signal. Very unhappy customer.

I have been trying to contact Secure Home Warranty for week. Only thing I get is answering service telling me that they will forward message to Secure Home Warranty but no response from them. My air conditioner is out and here in Arizona Temp rise up to more than F 100 degree today. Now when I called number 1-888-825-2691 or ** (My credit company provided) are recording saying that no assigned number nor answering service picking up the phones. I believe this company is scam and fraudulent. How can they get away from this and took money from innocent consumer. I have to call my own air condition service and paid $1000 for repair yesterday. It is so terrible.

On Monday I contacted the Secure Home Warranty because my air conditioner would not work; was greeted by an answer service who explained that they would convey my information to Claims and in 24hrs someone would contact me. Today is Friday and I have called daily to advise that I have not heard from Secure Home Warranty and did not understand why a business would have an answer service handling their important calls during business hours. I was told that the company was under new management and claims were backed logged with calls so they would send an email explaining that I needed to hear from them as it was 85 degrees and I needed this addressed ASAP as the contract promised response in 24 hours. Needless to say, the phone simply RINGS AND DISCONNECTS. I BELIEVE THIS COMPANY HAS GONE OUT OF BUSINESS without any intention of honoring their customer's claims.

May 5, 2017 at 11 am, I noticed that something is wrong with my sump pump and it's not working. So I am calling this 100% scam company Secure Home Warranty for the first time. I paid $489.97 on 12/12/2016 which makes me a client of good standing. Guess what? I have been calling the Phone no. 1-888-825-2621 and it's a nonworking number but the website of the company gives out that number to file all sorts of claim. I have emailed them at infor@securehomewarranty.com, but alas! No response as of yet and don't even know if the email is a working email or not. American companies are getting worse than any companies from Afghanistan. So frustrated and speechless.

I have been attempting to contact them for a week now. I got through one time by phone, an answering service who told me the company was sold! But no further info was provided. I emailed them twice. Nothing. Now, I am putting a stop on my CC for any further auto-renewals AND a dispute on the original charge (that's a long shot). I have NO hope that they will honor my contract, they basically took ALL of our money and left. Since the only phone number is now unavailable.

I spent a lot of money on policies for 4 properties. While this company was quick to take my money, they are now unreachable. I am amazed in reading reviews below that prior to March most reviews were good. I believe they were not from true customers of this company. And I see that all negative comments are crossed through, grayed out, and marked unverifiable. Somehow this company found a way to cover up their lack of integrity, long enough to scam many people out of an awful lot of money.

Our microwave quit on March 30 and I called Secure Home Warranty the next morning. They accepted the claim and said I would be contacted in 1 hour. Four hours later I called and they said that was a mistake and I would be contact the next business day. On Monday April 3 I called and received a message their system was down and would be functional in 3 to 5 days. At that point I contacted the manufacturer and had the official repair agent come and repair the machine. Repeated calls to Secure and leaving my name and phone number and no return calls have been received. I contacted the California Insurance Commission and found that NewLeafSC is the owner of Secure and contacted them on April 13.

Today May 1, I called NewLeaf and was told that I needed to contact them prior to having the repair. No one ever indicated that NewLeaf was my contact in place of Secure Home Warranty. Then I was told that my claim was denied because I did not contact them first. (I contacted Secure Home Warranty first but received no response after repeated calls.) I believe this is a fraudulent company. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

I purchased a one year warranty and my thermostat went out. I tried to get a hold of someone for an entire week. Then when I did get a hold of someone they said their systems were down and it would be 3 to 5 days to get someone to me. I had to pay for the repair and use someone else. Now I'm trying to get reimbursed and can't get a hold of anyone except the answering service. The worst service ever! Going back to American Home Shield!

Secure Home Warranty Company Profile